Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by KiwiInOz »

TheMan wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
For the record I agree and that's why I don't watch the damned show any more because it's nothing but platitudes for those that suck while they whisk them out the door. But that's an audition. What I do isn't an audition. We entertain lots of people on a regular basis. If one out of 100 in the room doesn't like it, that's fine. If 50 didn't like it, we'd probably be out of a gig but we aren't because we're good. So when some idiot comes up an offers hir opinion unsolicited, xe's an asshole. (yeah I'll keep using FTB gender neutrals, piss off if you don't like it)

I think you are expressing a bit of "fame" envy. I can relate....slogged it out in a band back in the 80's... I used to get pissed off with "pop" bands that got a leg up in the media or the local Pop music show on TV.... but I always considered gigs as auditioning to a crowd. While there was always this unwritten code about "serving an apprenticship" while plying your trade in the Live music scene.

I always took the unsolicited comments on board...the good and the bad. Especially the bad ones. I generally followed up with asking for particulars. If I got a reply from that then great..I've learnt something and the other person isn't an arsehole....and the other person doesn't go away thinking I was an arsehole and I've connected with a future fan.

You must still be doing covers Erik?
Give us a clue. Australian pub rock was most excellent back in the 80s. Now all you get is the tinkles and bells of poker machines.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

erikthebassist wrote:
Why do you care about the opinions of strangers and enemies?
Because when a stranger or enemy goes to that level, it tells me they aren't decent people, I hate to see indecent people acting like assholes and getting away with.
But it is not your problem! It is their problem! Focus on yourself. You have control over yourself, not other people.

No one is getting out of this alive. You might think that someone is "getting away" with something but that is not your responsibility.

You are going to go batshit crazy if you assume responsibility for things that have nothing to do with you.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

welch wrote:
Guest wrote:You know, Erik, sooner or later you're going to see that you're going to find a better fit here than there. What are you going to do then?
If he'd stop blindly following whatever script someone told him he must follow to be a Good Personâ„¢, he might do rather well here.
Pretty much. Goes for quite a few of them actually. Once they realize that Neofeminism/SJW-dom isn't the only way to be a Good Personâ„¢ and in fact serves to perpetuate the things they claim to be fighting against, the worm will turn REALLY quickly.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

erik,

1) You may be interested in the Ignore function (User CP, Friends & Foes tab). I don't use it but I hear some folks do.

2) I replied at your blog. Re-posted here just cuz I'd prefer not to be tabbing between your blog & Nugent's & the Pit right now:
Skep tickle at erikthebassist's blog post on DBAD wrote: So "dick" is fine* but "cunt" "tears down the dignity and self esteem of half the population"? Can you explain why that would be?

*As in: "Don't be a dick" and "dickishness" from your quotes of Phil Plait and PZ Myers at the start of this post - and particularly PZ's comment, "some of the most wonderfully dickish skeptics I know are female", which is IMO a more sexist comment than anything else on this page, because he seems to be praising the women for acting like men.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

BannedAid wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:Look someone posted a video up thread and I watched it, and was inspired by it, posted to my FB wall in fact. So if anybody ever tells me again that the slymepit contains nothing of value, I'll argue that point. And it's clear many of you don't support the most egregious offences committed in the name of the pit, but recognizing that perception and reality are askew is something I'm capable of. What I don't see is many pitters admitting that their own perception of FTB vs the reality might also be askew.
Great, go over to pharyngula and post that opinion. My perception is that, assuming PZ doesn't ban you on the spot for registering an account here and having a reasonable discussion*,
Already proven false http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-571687 http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-571687
if you make any attempt at a sustained defense of your position, you won't last long. The reality is that ftb has a long history of silencing and censoring opposing thought, of tolerating and even encouraging vicious personal attacks (as long as they avoid the appropriate shibboleths), and crying over the pushback from the fights that they've picked. The reality is, if the folks at ftb had a little more empathy for the people they've tried to ostracize from the atheist movement, they might realize that they wouldn't get so much anger directed at them if they weren't so intent on silencing people in their own community.
We'll never agree about whether dissenters are treated fairly there. That's a huge discussion that inevitably boils down to quote mining. There's no light at the end of that tunnel, and no, I'm not going to go back to Pharyngula and defend the pit, I'm not a pitter, I don't think it's defensible as a whole. And if I make the argument that it's defensible at least in part, they will say tough shit, they have too much to answer for, and currently, I'd have to agree with that.

And, ffs, they're called free thoughts blog. At least change the name.

*fwiw, I think you've been pretty reasonable in the exchanges I've read.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Hi all. What a lovely forum you have here. Been lurking for a while and enjoying the conversation. Just thought this would be a good time to jump in seeing as how I'm a drummer.

Fuck off all of you.

@erik, I do gigs every week. At least three. Every single gig I do there is someone who is more than happy to offer up their negative opinion of either my playing, someone else's playing, the whole band, the lighting guy, the FOH guy, the stage guy etc etc. Only last weekend I had a guy tell me after the set that he didn't like me. Thought I was a jerk. Why? Who gives a shit. A few months ago someone told me I needed to smile more. Last week some lady thought my drumming was absolute crap. Apparently the bass player was shit too. In the last month we've been told how we need to improve to "make it big" i.e. "Stop doing all those solos. They are fucked." Insults are a dime a dozen for me.

But you know what? I.do.not.give.a.shit. I will never see these people again. To me it's all fucking funny actually. We all have a big laugh about it.

I think you should do the same.

And BTW I watched the video of you playing bass. Yeah you're fat but shit, you look much cooler than that singer! Fat tends to work with bass players. That singer...... not so much.

Cheers all.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:Look someone posted a video up thread and I watched it, and was inspired by it, posted to my FB wall in fact. So if anybody ever tells me again that the slymepit contains nothing of value, I'll argue that point. And it's clear many of you don't support the most egregious offences committed in the name of the pit, but recognizing that perception and reality are askew is something I'm capable of. What I don't see is many pitters admitting that their own perception of FTB vs the reality might also be askew.
Because you keep telling us things that aren't true. You keep claiming they've "cleaned up their act" as if that answers our objections, yet you are completely ignorant as to what those are.

Which leads you to looking stupid when you try to say they aren't as hypocritical as they were two years ago, and yet within the last few months, I can show Ophelia being the same hypocritical dipshit she was two years ago.

Maybe if you stopped reflexively defending them, you'd not have such a corner-shaped ass/
Look at this point you aren't reading what I write, just going off on tangents so please just go fuck yourself. I have no interest in discussing anything with you, you're an asshat. Further comments from you to me will be ignored.
I'm definitely warming to you.
Yeah, me too.

I remember Steersman following a similar pattern way back when. Now he is a fully corrupted valued member of the club.
Is this the part where we say we're all individuals?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:Give us a clue. Australian pub rock was most excellent back in the 80s. Now all you get is the tinkles and bells of poker machines.
Can I just drop this here?

(I know they're not Australian but I love the stripped down sound and raw energy of the song!)

[youtube]lFFy1dipdLk[/youtube]

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

of ffs sakes huge blockquote fail, figure it out, I'm tired, going to bed.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

Skep tickle wrote:erik,

1) You may be interested in the Ignore function (User CP, Friends & Foes tab). I don't use it but I hear some folks do.

2) I replied at your blog. Re-posted here just cuz I'd prefer not to be tabbing between your blog & Nugent's & the Pit right now:
Skep tickle at erikthebassist's blog post on DBAD wrote: So "dick" is fine* but "cunt" "tears down the dignity and self esteem of half the population"? Can you explain why that would be?

*As in: "Don't be a dick" and "dickishness" from your quotes of Phil Plait and PZ Myers at the start of this post - and particularly PZ's comment, "some of the most wonderfully dickish skeptics I know are female", which is IMO a more sexist comment than anything else on this page, because he seems to be praising the women for acting like men.
I will get to this tomorrow, but I do have a response, just not the energy atm to wield it

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

FrankGrimes wrote:Hi all. What a lovely forum you have here. Been lurking for a while and enjoying the conversation. Just thought this would be a good time to jump in seeing as how I'm a drummer.

Fuck off all of you.

@erik, I do gigs every week. At least three. Every single gig I do there is someone who is more than happy to offer up their negative opinion of either my playing, someone else's playing, the whole band, the lighting guy, the FOH guy, the stage guy etc etc. Only last weekend I had a guy tell me after the set that he didn't like me. Thought I was a jerk. Why? Who gives a shit. A few months ago someone told me I needed to smile more. Last week some lady thought my drumming was absolute crap. Apparently the bass player was shit too. In the last month we've been told how we need to improve to "make it big" i.e. "Stop doing all those solos. They are fucked." Insults are a dime a dozen for me.

But you know what? I.do.not.give.a.shit. I will never see these people again. To me it's all fucking funny actually. We all have a big laugh about it.

And BTW I watched the video of you playing bass. Yeah you're fat but shit, you look much cooler than that singer! Fat tends to work with bass players. That singer...... not so much.

Cheers all.
Can we ban drummers on sight please? Preeeety please? Don't we have standards to keep? Where's PZ when you need him?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

erikthebassist wrote:of ffs sakes huge blockquote fail, figure it out, I'm tired, going to bed.
Only stacks to 5 and then fail when you try and edit.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

LOL at the name "FrankGrimes".

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

FrankGrimes wrote:Hi all. What a lovely forum you have here. Been lurking for a while and enjoying the conversation. Just thought this would be a good time to jump in seeing as how I'm a drummer.

Fuck off all of you.

Cheers all.
He's over 70 years old. He's a legend in Buffalo, in the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame, has been on MTV, was on the Goo Goo Dolls first three albums. I'm glad all you noticed is that he's a bit plump. See, I'm not upset with you, I just think you're an asshole.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

[youtube]V2fo0Q1dtX8[/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

FrankGrimes wrote: Fuck off all of you.
If you insist. We are very accommodating.

erikthebassist

Post by erikthebassist »

Fuck off all of you.

Cheers all.
and by the way, you get comments like that every gig? I get about one every 2 months, you probably do suck.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

erikthebassist wrote:
FrankGrimes wrote: See, I'm not upset with you, I just think you're an asshole.
He's a drummer; no need for redundant words.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

erikthebassist wrote:

Fuck off all of you.

Cheers all.
and by the way, you get comments like that every gig? I get about one every 2 months, you probably do suck.
Have some empathy!

:popcorn:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Great, it looks like once the drama is over y'all are going to start a band.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Re moderation on blogs - I only ask that the moderation policy be stated up front; erik has done that. It's his space, he gets to do with it what he wants, including ban at will. (Slymepit is up front, too: most anything goes.)

What does irk me is when bloggers or admins aren't up front about their approach, and clearly the worst is when they lie or are hypocritical. Like editing posts without including a note that editing was done, or editing posts to contain something quite different from the poster's original content (Crommunist has done this), or allowing in-group to do stuff that you'd ban other people for (A+ seems to favor this approach). Or when they identify with "freethought"(FtB) or call themselves "skeptics" (Skepchick) or say they "apply skepticism and critical thinking to everything" (A+), then go to great lengths to keep out those who dissent or who challenge them. That is what steams me (and why I'm here).

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

erikthebassist wrote: and by the way, you get comments like that every gig? I get about one every 2 months, you probably do suck.
Oh snap!

http://i44.tinypic.com/nh07ck.gif

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

rayshul wrote:Great, it looks like once the drama is over y'all are going to start a band.
[youtube]dzOHq5WbQ8k[/youtube]

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Yeah, yeah Kiwi. It's always funny until someone gets hurt and then it's just fucking hilarious. ;)

@erik, yeah maybe I/we do suck. Funny how we keep getting invited back to play (and headline) festivals though. Anyhoo, the point was that people are just jerks sometimes. Mostly they say stupid stuff because they feel like they have some kind of ownership as fans? Or maybe it's because they're just jerks.

Anyhoo, really like the forum.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

AndrewV69 wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Because when a stranger or enemy goes to that level, it tells me they aren't decent people, I hate to see indecent people acting like assholes and getting away with.
But it is not your problem! It is their problem! Focus on yourself. You have control over yourself, not other people.

No one is getting out of this alive. You might think that someone is "getting away" with something but that is not your responsibility.

You are going to go batshit crazy if you assume responsibility for things that have nothing to do with you.
A-men, brother.

BannedAid

Post by BannedAid »

erikthebassist wrote: Already proven false

We'll never agree about whether dissenters are treated fairly there. That's a huge discussion that inevitably boils down to quote mining. There's no light at the end of that tunnel, and no, I'm not going to go back to Pharyngula and defend the pit, I'm not a pitter, I don't think it's defensible as a whole. And if I make the argument that it's defensible at least in part, they will say tough shit, they have too much to answer for, and currently, I'd have to agree with that.

*fwiw, I think you've been pretty reasonable in the exchanges I've read.
Calling us shitstains is hardly defending the position that the 'pit has something of value to offer. That was a nice touch to stay in PZ's good graces. Disappointing to see the difference in tone when you're safe at Pharyngula and when you're arguing here.

The fact that the 'pit allows the occasional grossly offensive post to stand (there really aren't that many compared to the size of the forum) has more to do with holding each poster accountable for their words than a communal endorsement of the message. Same reason there's no edit button: if you say something stupid, you own it. The idea that I, or any other 'pitter, has anything to "answer for" is just illogical. People are responsible for their own words.

Post by Guest »

welch wrote:Dude, Ophelia was using Bitchez not six months ago. Maybe you should try seeing what is actually there, not what you want to be there.
three weeks

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... r-showing/

probably less

dont feel like checking

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

FrankGrimes wrote:Anyhoo, really like the forum.
Oops!

With all the drummer jokes and assorted lulz I almost forgot: Welcome to the festering pit of misogyny, privilege and sexism!

Now, fuck off :D

Post by Guest »

how do you know a drummer's at the door?

the knock keeps speeding up

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Thank you Bhurzum. A hearty fuck off to you too.

Guess I should register.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Knock-knock...

Who's there?

A drummer...

A drummer who?

Duuuuh...what?

(My GF asked me to post this, all her own work apparently)

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

How do bass players park in the handicap spots?
They put drumsticks on the dash.

Post by Guest »

erikthebassist wrote:

Fuck off all of you.

Cheers all.
see now you're getting it

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ahahahahahah. How many here have NOT been banned over at the baboon board?

Many of us got here because were were mobbed and banned over at the baboon board and/or recently A+. We know first hand what happens there.

The baboons created the Slymepit. None of this would have happened if they were in fact "decent human beings" in the first place.

And they are still at it. Many of them appear to be incapable of actually behaving like the decent human beings they only imagine themselves to be.

BannedAid

Post by BannedAid »

eric, calling everyone at this forum a shitstain is a hell of a lot more demeaning and dehumanizing than the liberal use of the "c" word around here.

On a related note, for your benefit, let me explain why "cunt" isn't misogynistic. It's the same reason "dick" isn't misandric. For whatever reason, humans have a hang-up about genitalia of any kind, or just sexuality, in general. Cunt and dick are dirty words because all genitalia are considered dirty. It's why we have two layers of clothing covering anything remotely arousing. When you guys go all apoplectic over calling some women cunts, all you're doing is reinforcing the negative gender stereotypes that

a) women are fragile and require special, delicate treatment.

and

b) being an asshole is exclusively a male domain.

Basically, if you have a problem with the "c"-word, you're being pretty sexist.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Well, for better or worse, and somewhat against my better judgement, I have added my voice to Michael Nugent's post.

Link: http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/07 ... ent-197085

Yikes! That's a long one.

What I said is:
Michael, you begin your post with a misrepresentative distortion of fact, which amounts to an act of poisoning the well. You said:

“Members of the Slymepit website have spent the last few hours struggling with the ethics of whether to remove a photograph, newly posted, of an identifiable person’s face photoshopped onto the body of a naked woman.”

We were not “struggling”, and the issue was not ethics. We were discussing the range of possible responses to the posting of an image that the majority of those present at the time felt was distasteful and pointless; an image that was clearly posted solely for the purpose of causing the Pit trouble. Such discussion is what such things as democracy, and most certainly a skeptical approach to reality, are based upon. It is inaccurate and well-poisoning to describe our discussion as “struggling”.

As has been repeatedly pointed out by many others here, it was not an instance of “nasty pushback against feminists”, it was in fact a successful attempt by someone trying to stir shit up and provide an opportunity to drag folks like you out to once again castigate the Pit with misrepresentation, distortions, and group-vilification.

As to your questions:

“Q1. Why is that you find this particular example of nasty pushback against some feminists to be unacceptable, in a way that other examples on your website are not?”

A1. Michael, as has been repeatedly pointed out to you, it was not an instance of “nasty pushback against feminists”, it was in fact a successful attempt by someone trying to stir shit up. However, as to its unacceptability, that points to the rationale for accepting (or not) most of the images in this vein posted at the Pit: satire. And this image had no satirical elements. It was simply a distasteful image intended soley to piss off everyone, in the Pit and outside.

“Q2. What specific criteria did you use to evaluate that it was ethically unacceptable to you?

A2. It was not ethically unacceptable to me; however, I felt it was pointless, tasteless, and juvenile, and served no purpose beyond trolling.

“Q3. What specific criteria did you use to evaluate whether you believed it should be removed from the the Slymepit website?

A3. The specific criteria I used was based around the founding principle of the Pit, which is that, except when it puts the Pit host in legal jeopardy, or when it is a case of utterly blatant trolling idiocy like Mabus, the Pit does not censor, moderate, edit, delete, ban, or otherwise play 1984 / Newspeak / memory hole games with people’s rights to freedom of thought and freedom of speech — and that includes anyone from FfTB or Skepchick or A+ who might want to come and palaver (but most of them are just too chickenshit to try and debate outside of territory where they control the content). Anyway, in that light, I stated that I felt that the image should not be removed, but that we should also be clear, as we were, in our almost universal condemnation of the troll who posted it soley for the purpose of causing the Pit trouble.

“Q4. How would you apply those criteria to other examples of nasty pushback against some feminists published on the Slymepit website?”

A4. Case by case Michael; case by case. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

Michael said:

“Do you seriously not have enough empathy and compassion to imagine how a person would feel knowing that these things are published about them on the Internet, including knowing that an Internet search of their name could result in friends or colleagues seeing these photographs and comments?”

Yes, I have such empathy and compassion, but that does not give me the right, nor for that matter, the desire, to police the Internet to meet my personal requirements, nor those of someone whose personal “ethical” demands and requirements seem to change on an hourly basis.

“Do you seriously not see how anybody outside of your mindset would see these as nasty, vindictive and cruel examples of knowingly bullying and intimidating and hurting real people with real lives and real feelings?”

Of course I see how others might perceive it; that does not make them right. After all, it wasn’t the Pit en masse that posted that image; it was an intentional shit-disturbing troll.
And Jesus Crispys on a Sticky Lollipop, but Eucliwood is over there complaining about being banned from here.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

BannedAid wrote:eric, calling everyone at this forum a shitstain is a hell of a lot more demeaning and dehumanizing than the liberal use of the "c" word around here.

On a related note, for your benefit, let me explain why "cunt" isn't misogynistic. It's the same reason "dick" isn't misandric. For whatever reason, humans have a hang-up about genitalia of any kind, or just sexuality, in general. Cunt and dick are dirty words because all genitalia are considered dirty. It's why we have two layers of clothing covering anything remotely arousing. When you guys go all apoplectic over calling some women cunts, all you're doing is reinforcing the negative gender stereotypes that

a) women are fragile and require special, delicate treatment.

and

b) being an asshole is exclusively a male domain.

Basically, if you have a problem with the "c"-word, you're being pretty sexist.
I've always thought that "cunt" being (it seems) considered worse than "dick" probably largely reflects vaginas being considered negative or at least suspicious in a way penises aren't - vaginas being hidden, dark, odiferous, and the exit route for various materials including blood & sometimes tissue.

In which case, exhibiting concern over the word "cunt" that you don't express over the word "dick" is penis-accepting-but-vagina-shaming and therefore SEXIST. :snooty:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

... and the exit route for various materials including blood & sometimes tissue.
And Babbies; loud squalling shit spewing rug crawling under-teh-feets debt sinking wee Babbies!

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Relevant as always...

[youtube]X51zxgoPo2o[/youtube]

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

John Greg wrote:Well, for better or worse, and somewhat against my better judgement, I have added my voice to Michael Nugent's post. <snip>

And Jesus Crispys on a Sticky Lollipop, but Eucliwood is over there complaining about being banned from here.
Good post, John Greg. These threads at Nugent's site are giving me heartburn - I see what look to me like very reasonable comments from 'pitters (and from a few people whose 'nyms I don't recognize), but the commentariat keeps hammering back with the party line, which they seem to have swallowed hook and all. Especially irritating when one of them says (a) they're not going to look at the 'Pit because of what's being said about how awful it is, yet (b) somehow at the same time they feel able to agree completely with the reports of what they've heard is in it.

Re Eucliwood - I'm waiting for Mick or the commentariat to criticize the 'Pit for not reinstating her. :roll:

DGS

Post by DGS »

Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
welch wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
Hey Superman, you aren't real. People are assholes. I recommend you stop allowing this to make you cry as much as you do.

Again, WHY are you giving RANDOM STRANGERS power over you?
I'm not letting them have power over me, and I'm not crying over it, but a lot of people do so I stand up to assholes like that. I don't like to see people getting picked on. It isn't just about me. It's about what I know it does to other people. It's called empathy.

Not to have empathy would be Sociopathic. But everyone has different ways of dealing with emotional situations. One is not more superior over the other but that means no one has the right to tell me how to think and act. The ideologues want to do that. To control me. To control you. If we fail to comply all hell breaks loose. That to me is nasty and in itself indicative of a Sociopathic personality tinted with Narcissism in many cases.

I will not allow people like that to take over a community I have grown to respect. I want the idiots and the douches and the occasionally offensive people to stay around as that is what makes us human. Not robots.

The post at Nugents is a prime example of their complete unwillingness to do anything but take the most uncharitable position to score cheap points for their ideology. To be that is grossly dishonest and I would be unhappy whoever did that.

Their approach to human relations stinks and it is pure poison.

So in the great scheme of things I do not give a stuff about someone calling me big nose when kids are starving to death in Africa and those clowns get to make everything about them.
+1

And I'd just add, in a liberal democracy, people have a right to be assholes (or arseholes where I'm from) sometimes! In fact (sic), Jesus might have said,
Let he who has never been an asshole cast the first stone

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

DownThunder wrote:Relevant as always...

youtube X51zxgoPo2o /youtube
Should be required viewing.

She's got a bunch of interesting videos - I've subbed. Thanks for pointing her out!

DGS

Post by DGS »

Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:sorry but I'm a sloppy typer and you guys move quick, I don't have time to proofread except for a cursory glance.
Some here love there Whisky. Compared to them on a Friday night you're Shakespeare incarnate.
Do I recognise myself in this slur?? :mrgreen:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

erikthebassist wrote:
I'm fat, I'm ugly, and I have horrible teeth. Feel free to laugh mercilessly at me.
Same here, and I do take it personally, so you're fine with it, I'm not, so now, does what I think matter or is only your opinion about fat/ugly/hygiene jokes that matters?
Hygiene? Mmmmh, better not go there (*cough* T-shirtgate *cough*).

As for myself, I am handsome, muscular, very cute, and I was naked when I did that podcast with Karla and Justin.

Dream on...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

welch wrote:

Nice try asshole. But that's not what calling you and your side out for being hypocritical is about. It is really quite simple, and as you are a bass player, simple should be right up your alley.
That was pure evil. Gonna use it tonight at rehearsal.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Why is Eucliwood fucking around on Michael Nugent's thread? ffs.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

DownThunder wrote:Relevant as always...

[youtube]X51zxgoPo2o[/youtube]
That was very good:)

Thanks for the link.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

DGS wrote:
Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:sorry but I'm a sloppy typer and you guys move quick, I don't have time to proofread except for a cursory glance.
Some here love there Whisky. Compared to them on a Friday night you're Shakespeare incarnate.
Do I recognise myself in this slur?? :mrgreen:
Erm, no, err...Vacula made me say it!!!!!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

DGS wrote:
Jack wrote: Do I recognise myself in this slur?? :mrgreen:
Hmmm...no idea but I recognize a bit of Tamsin Greig in your avatar pic. I'm not saying you look like her, you just remind me of her.

(She's a very cool lady: witty, sharp as a tack and incredibly slinky. My GF has banned me from watching Black Books because of my drooling!)

[youtube]qxF3_gSpLLk[/youtube]

Damn!

I luuuurve Tamsin Greig! :oops:

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

rocko2466 wrote:Why is Eucliwood fucking around on Michael Nugent's thread? ffs.
Getting attention as he has been pestering Lsumo recently with PM's asking to be unbanned.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

erikthebassist wrote:
Jack wrote:
erikthebassist wrote:
It is really quite simple, and as you are a bass player, simple should be right up your alley.
Funny, keep em coming, I have plenty of guitar player and drummer jokes to fire back with.
You got any examples of you playing?
I just found out about this like three days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... j3Z8xAoN1U
Oh...

[youtube]sBKQLX_gEFI[/youtube]

(I'm on the left. 5000 people)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil, what's your opinion of this hard rockin' act?

[youtube]N3BWQCBR5J8[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh, fuck, I'll just put another one. Try and stop me!

[youtube]Y4LCHu1XmIM[/youtube]

(funny thing: the singer is the owner and admin of a German porn site. Brought us all some DVDs last time we played together...)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Bhurzum wrote:Phil, what's your opinion of this hard rockin' act?

*snip video*
I already posted that a while ago. Ruined the song for me.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

SenorBeagle wrote:As the Pyt's resident drummer (not joking, I use Tama, and everything), I'm now waiting for the drummer jokes. They'd bloody better be new ones, though, I'm marking you fuckers on originality...
A bassist and a drummer want to commit suicide by jumping off the Eiffel tower. See, they never managed to be in rhythm at rehearsals.

So here they go:

"1,2,3"

"AAAAAAHHHHHH"

Poom!

Pat!

Another one:

The pope dies (yay!)

Arriving at the Pearly Gates, he meets Peter and is promptly showed to his eternal stay. Nice cottage house, with a beautiful stream flowing by. But the pope looks at the backyard window, and sees a golden castle with beer fountains and hookers everywhere.

So he asks: "who lives there?"

Peter answers: "Jako Pastorius".

"But, he was only a bassist! I was the fucking pope!!!"

"Yeah, we've had more than 200 popes. But a good bassist...?"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

erikthebassist wrote:
But if someone walks up to me after a gig and says "Man you guys suck.", I'm going to make an assumption that this person is an asshole.
Or that you sucked that evening. Happened to me before, no big deal. If you can't take criticism, don't put yourself in the foreground.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Bhurzum wrote:Phil, what's your opinion of this hard rockin' act?

[youtube]N3BWQCBR5J8[/youtube]
Someone call the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, we got some badasses over here!

\m/(>_<)\m/

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

So?
Are we getting a band together or what?

Senor Beagle on drums, :rimshot:

Erik on bass,

Phil on keyboards,

I think bhoytony plays guitar.:character-beavisbutthead:

I can play lead!

http://i.imgur.com/1pDkiib.jpg

Not guitar, just the lead. :doh:

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

BarnOwl wrote: Well Jeebus Crap! I'm definitely in the wrong business. I draw dozens of animals like this:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6235/6346 ... 4c20d0.jpg
anteater by BarnOwl83, on Flickr
Oh look ,it's KiwiInOz :D

Spence

Post by Spence »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, fuck, I'll just put another one. Try and stop me!
Waaah! Stop flaunting your musical privilege at us. You realise some people can't help being born without any musical talent whatsoever, you ableist pig?

There is probably someone in an obscure corner of the internet who is deeply offended by your posts, and must now cwy themselves to sleep with ragey tears of hate. AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT.

Thank budda for good people like erikthebassist for setting up a highly popular and well designed website to rebut your terrible behaviour.

LOL. Do I get my SJW boy scouts' badge now?