Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote:Anyone here experiencing thread slowdown? I saw one report, but I'm seeing response times as being very snappy.
Smooth as angels fanny-batter here.

Sorry, I've been boozing and feel like being crude/boorish.

In fact, I'm not sorry...

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

BarnOwl wrote:Over on the Clone's Google Glass post:
sotonohito 27 March 2013 at 7:16 pm (UTC -5) Link to this comment

A cell phone going off at a concert harms the experience of a concert. Different things are different, even though they both involve the Evil Technology you hate so much.

I read your piece, and it sounds like the bitter ravings of a fossil who realizes that he’s being left behind by the march of technology. You kids get off my lawn and so forth.

You said, and I quote: “But if you’re talking to me, take that Google Glass off and put it away”

No reading comprehension problems here, you’re straight up demanding that all social interaction take place on your terms.

Reading on ... surely sotonohito will be banned. Funny that Clarke is so tetchy about technology, when PeeZus has to have the latest iGadget. Maybe that's the problem - it's a Google product, not an Apple one.

Oh, well, cloned kittehs behave differently from original nuclear donor cat.
Chris Clarke, like Jesus, is inside all of us.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Aneris wrote:Plan Bâ„¢ for Team B.
Reminder of Agenda

1. How we can work together on core issues on which we broadly agree, including promoting reason, critical thinking, science, skepticism, atheism and secularism in the real world.

2. How we can balance the right to freedom of expression and robust debate about ideas and issues, with the desire to not unnecessarily hurt people who disagree with us about those ideas.

3. How and to what extent our various communities and groups should have ethical and equality and social justice issues on our internal and external agendas.

4. How we can each, as individuals, lead unilaterally by example by behaving reasonably and charitably and constructively, while others are not doing so.

5. Any other issues that people believe are important to address
Nugent 1: How to Work Together Where We Agree.
Nugent 2: Freedom of Speech versus Hurtful Comments
Nugent 3: On the Importance of Social Justice Issues
Nugent 4: Overcoming Hostilities
Nugent X: The Meta Thread.
One problem is that these issues aren't well structured (if discussions follow in the order shown). Take the dreaded "BadWerdz" argument i.e. trying to prevent the use of certain words because they are allegedly hurtful to "women" as they are "gendered insults". Accepting this assumes that we also accept the idea that a claim of "hurtful" words can trump freedom of speech (Nuge 2) and that a Social Justice Issue (some version of feminism) is important (Nuge 3). This puts the cart before the horse. The whole "BadWerdz" argument should follow (or not) the outcome of Nuge 2 and 3, not be the first thing brought up - but guess what will be the first thing brought up, if the Team A posts up to now are any indication.

Apart from that, the premise of 1. is flawed. There is an assumption of agreement about various issues, but statements by FTBers rejecting some of these ideas of supposed agreement, and that Team A and B mean quite different things by them, means they aren't agreed areas at all. For example, PZ believes atheism somehow "requires" social justice - it's part and parcel of it, and the "dictionary atheists" disagree. And we are at Nuge 3, while supposedly at Nuge 1.

Crap, the more I look at this, the more depressing it gets. Nap time.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Gefan wrote:
Karmakin wrote:The cracks, they be a growing.
I'm trying to extend my Cold War analogy to cover the likely impending "fall of Crommunism".
Becky drinks as much as Yeltsin did but I can't picture her climbing atop a tank to make a speech without falling off.

A passed out drunk male auxiliary possibly, but not a tank.
Well, if a big guy is fully erect and depending on his position, he could pass for a cannon, I guess.

Post by Guest »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Humphrey_Hedgehog wrote:I never swear at strangers so I'll simply say "knickers to the lot of you!" and I am unanimous in that opinion.
And on that strain, welcome, and intercourse off!
Please fill in the personally intrusive questionnaire below:
1) What is your favourite colour?
2) Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the FTB Party?
4) How well can you count?
5) What is the Laden speed of a swallow? (Very Trick question)
42) Do you have, say: £20 to lend me until Tuesday?
Hang on, no. There is golf, and than that blasted dinner with Lord Melbury. Better make it £2,500. Is that all right old chap?
1) Blue! wait, no, yellooooowwoooooooooooooarrrrghhhhh.....
2) They have parties? I, quite literally, dread to comtemplate such a horror!
7) You can always count on me. Unless it's something important
5) A swallow called (or is it by) Greg? African or European?
7 x 9) Yes (to the £20), but the application process is so unwieldly that, frankly, your better off starving

Thanks for the welcomes (and the hedgehog photo - we are not that dangerous in real life, honest!). ta ta for now.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Southern wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Karmakin wrote:The cracks, they be a growing.
I'm trying to extend my Cold War analogy to cover the likely impending "fall of Crommunism".
Becky drinks as much as Yeltsin did but I can't picture her climbing atop a tank to make a speech without falling off.

A passed out drunk male auxiliary possibly, but not a tank.
Well, if a big guy is fully erect and depending on his position, he could pass for a cannon, I guess.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 18843c.jpg
Canon John Fenton

Humphrey_Hedgehog

Post by Humphrey_Hedgehog »

Guest wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Humphrey_Hedgehog wrote:I never swear at strangers so I'll simply say "knickers to the lot of you!" and I am unanimous in that opinion.
Hang on, no. There is golf, and than that blasted dinner with Lord Melbury. Better make it £2,500. Is that all right old chap?
1) Blue! wait, no, yellooooowwoooooooooooooarrrrghhhhh.....
2) They have parties? I, quite literally, dread to comtemplate such a horror!
7) You can always count on me. Unless it's something important
5) A swallow called (or is it by) Greg? African or European?
7 x 9) Yes (to the £20), but the application process is so unwieldly that, frankly, your better off starving

Thanks for the welcomes (and the hedgehog photo - we are not that dangerous in real life, honest!). ta ta for now.
Forgot to log in before posting. D'oh!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Humphrey_Hedgehog wrote:Forgot to log in before posting. D'oh!
THE SUN
Hedgehog Log Fog!
Pert Humphrey (23yo, 58-22-45¹) Secretary of No-Fixed-Abode-A-Wee Cricklewood, confessed to our star reporter that he has a longing for logs.
"It's not kinky, or anything like that!", he freely confessed.
"I mean. Hogs get in your hedge, if you know what I mean!" he outright admitted before being arrested by the constabulary.
"Ooh. Did I say 'hogs'? Sorry. Meant 'logs'. Ha Ha Ha! Is that a bird? Over there."
(Continued on blog page 911)

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Ophie meant to log into her Facebook account, but accidentally logged into her FTB account. When she realized her mistake, she said to herself, "fuck it, I'm posting this here":

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ime-check/

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Metalogic42 wrote:Ophie meant to log into her Facebook account, but accidentally logged into her FTB account. When she realized her mistake, she said to herself, "fuck it, I'm posting this here":
Yet, there are those who still doubt my informal diagnosis of incipient Alzheimer's'?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Michael K Gray wrote:Yet, there are those who still doubt my informal diagnosis of incipient Alzheimer's'?
Perhaps we could do something nice for the old broad? Y'know, as a gesture of good will to prove we're not that bad?

How about we pitch in a few bucks each and buy her one of these...

http://www.piccadillytshirts.com/images ... 08d01l.jpg

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:Ophie meant to log into her Facebook account, but accidentally logged into her FTB account. When she realized her mistake, she said to herself, "fuck it, I'm posting this here":
Yet, there are those who still doubt my informal diagnosis of incipient Alzheimer's'?
Come on, don't be too mean to Aunt Ophie. We all get curious eventually. Dawkins gets youthful and rebellious, PZ Myers cranky and grumpy and well Ophelia apparently more... preoccupied.

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

:idea: Note to anyone wanting to ask/talk to Gurdur (Tim Skellett) about anything. He won't be posting here, and he won't be asking anyone to post anything here anymore (some objected to this). Instead, he just asked me to post this one final comment that he's open to discussing anything, including concerns, at his blog:

Stranger In An Even Stranger Land - Gurdur's blog (all blog entries)
http://heathen-hub.com/blog.php?u=1

You can contact him for any reason through there.

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Wonderist wrote:The free speech issue is fairly easily resolved by emphasizing the principle and value of free speech, and free and open inquiry, rather than simply the limited legal aspect of it. Bluntly: They have a right to censor their own blogs/sites/etc., but their doing so for frivolous reasons shows their undervaluing of the principle of freedom of speech. Which is their choice and their right to do. And it's our right to point that out as ultimately problematic for allowing for productive, reasonable dialogue. And they are free to reply, "My blog is not here to allow 'reasonable dialogue' with the likes of you!" And we are free to point at that and say, "See? Told ya."
Devil's advocate response:
I said "My blog is not here to allow 'reasonable dialogue' with the likes of you!", not "My blog is not here to allow reasonable dialogue with the likes of you!". I put "reasonable dialogue" in quotes for a reason. It's not possible to have such a thing with misogynist harassers! Also, libel doesn't fall under free speech anyway.
And when it becomes clear, as it will, that we're actually engaging in reasonable dialogue, we will point to that and say, "See? Told ya." This is called: Leaving him in the dust.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

My uni is having a panel discussion on careers in bio-tec-- Seven members of the panel, only two are men. SEXISM!!!!!!!!

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

They're having a lil heart to heart in the Lounge. I feel like kind of a dick for laughing my ass off, but laughing my ass off I am.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

ERV wrote:My uni is having a panel discussion on careers in bio-tec-- Seven members of the panel, only two are men. SEXISM!!!!!!!!
One can only wonder how anyone will be able to get to the panel through the mob of feminist protesters which are doubtless blockading the entrance...

Remick

Post by Remick »

ERV wrote:My uni is having a panel discussion on careers in bio-tec-- Seven members of the panel, only two are men. SEXISM!!!!!!!!
You have to remember that many in the A+/FtB group really believe that it is actually impossible to racist towards whites or sexist towards men.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Remick wrote:
You have to remember that many in the A+/FtB group really believe that it is actually impossible to racist towards whites or sexist towards men.
Ah yes, the power differential!

In other words, if one group faces systematic discrimination, then a minor degree of discrimination faced by another group is really zero bad!

It's the 'Dear Muslima' argument! :shock:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Aneris wrote:Plan Bâ„¢ for Team B.
Reminder of Agenda
<snip>
Nugent 1: How to Work Together Where We Agree.
Nugent 2: Freedom of Speech versus Hurtful Comments
Nugent 3: On the Importance of Social Justice Issues
Nugent 4: Overcoming Hostilities
Nugent X: The Meta Thread.
One problem is that these issues aren't well structured (if discussions follow in the order shown). Take the dreaded "BadWerdz" argument i.e. trying to prevent the use of certain words because they are allegedly hurtful to "women" as they are "gendered insults". Accepting this assumes that we also accept the idea that a claim of "hurtful" words can trump freedom of speech (Nuge 2) and that a Social Justice Issue (some version of feminism) is important (Nuge 3). This puts the cart before the horse. The whole "BadWerdz" argument should follow (or not) the outcome of Nuge 2 and 3, not be the first thing brought up - but guess what will be the first thing brought up, if the Team A posts up to now are any indication.

Apart from that, the premise of 1. is flawed. There is an assumption of agreement about various issues, but statements by FTBers rejecting some of these ideas of supposed agreement, and that Team A and B mean quite different things by them, means they aren't agreed areas at all. For example, PZ believes atheism somehow "requires" social justice - it's part and parcel of it, and the "dictionary atheists" disagree. And we are at Nuge 3, while supposedly at Nuge 1.

Crap, the more I look at this, the more depressing it gets. Nap time.
I think you are confusing an end result with the discussion itself. First off, someone should start organizing things rather sooner than later. Jack, Wonderist, etc... I feel I am too new to do it. Then, all threads should be put up at once, so you can discuss things in any order you want.

Nugent's strategy seems to be to first set the common ground, which will set the tone. There is a common ground, i.e. the "previous" state of the community how it was before elevatorgate. Nugent outlined the core topics somewhere, but these are things like promoting science understanding, critical thinking, promoting reason, keeping religious influences at bay etc. It is not helping to already assume that the "other side" has thrown this over board. Just assume that there is the common ground as a working hypothesis and go from there. The next topics are specifics we can discuss. The issues aren't, in principle, not much different than discussing the color of the tickets of the next convention. It is reasonable to tackle freedom of expression next, as it is much more of a core value that needs to get out of the way. Once that's done, its about how to extend the scope of this common ground discussed before and how to deal with the situation that some want to go further in that direction than others. At this point we presumably have covered the issues themselves. The next item seems to be about people and how we could deal with the situation itself. This is the thing that is furthest away from agreement, but by now hopefully people have gotten some perspective and it should be easier to make progress. The last one is the "everything else" category. I simply lumped that into the meta-thread, which could also the index.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Michael K Gray wrote:
5) This is indeed a trick question. Greg spits, he does not swallow.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

5) What is the Laden speed of a swallow?

Hard to say.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Tigzy wrote:5) What is the Laden speed of a swallow?

Hard to say.
African or European?

(You've got to know these things when you're privileged)

:lol:

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Remick wrote:

In other words, if one group faces systematic discrimination, then a minor degree of discrimination faced by another group is really zero bad!

Anyone planning to participate in the Nugent talks might benefit from checking out the wiki entries on Intersectionality, and Kyriarchy. Although Svan doesn't sling this around much -- she's more instinctive and machiavellian than academic -- for the Sally Strangers, A-plussers, PZ, and many others on the other side of the Rift, the fact that this is the lens through which they view every political discussion -- and, since "the personal is political," also every interpersonal interaction -- colors everything they think and say. This is why they so blithely characterize anyone who disagrees with them as bigots.

Since society is nothing more than a big systematic oppression machine, anyone who questions the idea in the first place is automatically an oppressor, and any vocal contrarian is a "harasser." Your ticket to ride is either being a "marginalized person" and mouthing the right jargon, or, if you are on various "axes of privilege," declaring yourself guilty of internalized "-isms" but trying to reform and willing to join any attack on those not on the bus. Sally Strange (picking up on Setar's new strategy) has taken to calling people "sociology denialists" if they question tenets such as, "only white people can be racist."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyriarchy

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Apples

Post by Apples »

Good to fricken see ya, Al. Over at his blog Gurdur seems to be already shoveling dirt on your grave.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Humphrey_Hedgehog wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
PZ, as "loudmouthed" as he is online, is pretty damn soft-spoken and even timid IRL when arguing with the religious (all the while still attempting to get somewhere via insult). I get the feeling that he doesn't really have much of a case for atheism. PZ encountered Sye not too long ago at the Reason Rally, while Thunderf00t encountered Eric Hovind, and the difference is astounding:

PZ:
Tf00t:

Both of those videos were painful to watch, although for different reasons. Myers was a rude asshole, yes, but in his defense the more I watched, the more I thought that yes, the guy really was just a slimy motherfucker.

Thunderf00t on the other hand looked like he was scared to answer simple questions. Yes, I agree the questions were malformed -- and worse, deliberately malformed. Just Christians playing silly word games to try to lead the argument down a path they've planned out in their heads. But where is it written that we can't counter silly word games with word games of our own? I would much rather see TF happily allow himself to be led by the hand to wherever the questioner wanted to go, and THEN dissect why the whole path was pointless, than stop dead, stammer, and then explain at great length why the question can't be answered. It makes him look weak. What's so hard about saying "Sure, it's possible God exists. Can you explain what point you think you've made?"
I think that is the right approach. Let the religious person lead you so far and then retort with "so, that's why you're a muslim?". They then say "But I'm a christian (or whatever cult variant they follow)!" (unless they actually are muslim - if so simply reverse the argument) and then you're off to the races (as in you now get to ask them why they believe all other religions are wrong rather than let them peddle their own brand of twaddle).

I also never use the G word. I prefer to say 'alien creature' or 'supernatural entity'. Treat this thing they are enslaved to as though it were merely some Star Trek alien. You might not make any progress but it makes the argument much more entertaining. Don't forget to ask them to prove Zeuss doesn't exist as well!

I never swear at strangers so I'll simply say "knickers to the lot of you!" and I am unanimous in that opinion.
Perhaps TFoot is too experienced to passively follow the train of silly questions. Many creationists may have the reasoning abilities and comprehension of slugs, but they are nothing if not dishonest and crafty. Once they've led you to the gotcha conclusion, you may well find that the discussion is over, and even if it isn't, editing will take care of that. Also, it is probably very difficult to think clearly in the face of such a badgering style of questioning.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Apples wrote:Good to fricken see ya, Al. Over at his blog Gurdur seems to be already shoveling dirt on your grave.
I saw that. Reap pointed it out to me. Thought it was pretty cool, actually. Not even that creepy to read your own obit. Lmao.

H/T: Thanks, Gurdur, I really do appreciate your words.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Apples wrote:Good to fricken see ya, Al. Over at his blog Gurdur seems to be already shoveling dirt on your grave.
I saw that. Reap pointed it out to me. Thought it was pretty cool, actually. Not even that creepy to read your own obit. Lmao.

H/T: Thanks, Gurdur, I really do appreciate your words.
Well, good. He's certainly right that you're a mensch.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Is it OK for hedgehogs to use these terms? Can they be self-inserted?

[youtube]thFjTo6r4gg[/youtube]

Humphrey_Hedgehog

Post by Humphrey_Hedgehog »

bovarchist wrote:Is it OK for hedgehogs to use these terms? Can they be self-inserted?

[youtube]thFjTo6r4gg[/youtube]
I'm fairly certain those two are not A+/FTB hedgehogs. More I cannot say (I could really).

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Vox Day concludes something about a point made here time and time again about the FfTB denizens.

http://alphagameplan.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... erior.html
The hallmark of the inferior being is not hypocrisy, or the mere appearance of hypocrisy. Everyone with ideals fails to live up to them at some point or another. One's failure to live up to a standard is not at all the same thing as denying the standard applies to oneself. The hallmark of the inferior, the sure sign of the self-admitted inferior, is the individual who demands others live up to standards that he refuses to accept for himself.

If you do not hold yourself accountable to the same standards you apply to others, you are not only an anti-equalitarian, you are a self-declared and admitted inferior to those to whom you hold to those higher standards.

Apples

Post by Apples »

[quote="AndrewV69"]Vox Day concludes something about a point made here time and time again about the FfTB denizens.

Nothing like approvingly quoting an evangelical Christian sexist to really burnish the SP reputation for sensible atheoskepticism.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Apples wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Vox Day concludes something about a point made here time and time again about the FfTB denizens.

Nothing like approvingly quoting an evangelical Christian sexist to really burnish the SP reputation for sensible atheoskepticism.
I know. It burns!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Apparently, we are all Marc Lapine.

Someone named Hunt, brings up PeeZus's comment comparing/equating us all to Marc Lapine, and asks if the commentors at Zvan's blog think that is abuse.

Setar (suspected insane person) demands a citation.

Hunt provides the link (http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... er-forget/).

Ulysses (proven plagiarist) claims that Pitters are in fact misogynists who feel the urge to actually kill the objects of our (supposed) hatred.

Stefunny InSvanity either misunderstands, or tries a mad derail -- I don't undertand her comment at all, hence my waffles.

link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-220966

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Hard to say.
So we're assuming there's no spitting instead?

:rimshot:

Poop

Post by Poop »

AndrewV69 wrote:Vox Day concludes something about a point made here time and time again about the FfTB denizens.
Add something about WASP heritage, manipulative Russian Jews and silly gays wanting to be married while you're at it, though. :whistle:

Oops, there goes the well. :(

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

John Greg wrote: Ulysses (proven plagiarist) claims that Pitters are in fact misogynists who feel the urge to actually kill the objects of our (supposed) hatred.
Tis usually not Himself wrote:The difference between one specific misogynist and diverse group of misogynists is one of degree, not of basic philosophy. Or are you pretending the ‘pitters aren’t misogynists who don’t feel the urge to actually kill the objects of their hatred?
Hmmm. Well, if comes to actually feeling the urge to kill the objects of their hatred, I guess we ought to look at whatever blog/forum is more loaded with commentators expressing such wishes, eh Tis - you dumb foodtube.

Apples

Post by Apples »

John Greg wrote:Apparently, we are all Marc Lapine.

Someone named Hunt, brings up PeeZus's comment comparing/equating us all to Marc Lapine, and asks if the commentors at Zvan's blog think that is abuse.

Hunt provides the link (http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... er-forget/).

Ulysses (proven plagiarist) claims that Pitters are in fact misogynists who feel the urge to actually kill the objects of our (supposed) hatred.

Stefunny InSvanity either misunderstands, or tries a mad derail -- I don't understand her comment at all, hence my waffles.

Fucking 'Tis Himself/Ulysses. He's a serious kool-aid drinker.
Zvan wrote:
Peezus wrote:And these anonymous monsters on the internet who shriek affrontedly about women and feminists and moan that any feminist allies are ‘manginas’ — to me, every one of them has the name Marc Lépine, and is just hiding it in shame and fear and hatred and cowardice.
Hunt, are you claiming that that description fits the pit members? They’re shrieking anonymous monsters affronted by women and feminists?
Steph was trying to entrap Hunt -- PZ was obliquely (but not explicitly) referencing the 'Pit and Hunt called PZ out for comparing Lepine to 'Pitters specifically. So she's saying -- hey Hunt -- why'd you assume PZ was talking about the 'Pit - cuz it's true? She's being her usual ruthless, pragmatic self -- interrogate any comment that disrupts her narrative, let outrageous bullshit from folks like Ulysses stand unchallenged.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:Apparently, we are all Marc Lapine.

Stefunny InSvanity either misunderstands, or tries a mad derail -- I don't undertand her comment at all, hence my waffles.

Oh no, it gets better. She doesn't like hunts reply and boots him.

And then LSP says we have the same hatred of feminism as Marc Lepine. Go Double-Down gadget.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Tigzy wrote:Well, if comes to actually feeling the urge to kill the objects of their hatred, I guess we ought to look at whatever blog/forum is more loaded with commentators expressing such wishes, eh Tis - you dumb foodtube.
Yeppers. Also - 'Tis usually not Himself = :lol:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Hard to say.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

welch

Post by welch »

Pitchguest wrote:

Hard to say.
it depends on who's pushing

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Poop wrote:
Add something about WASP heritage, manipulative Russian Jews and silly gays wanting to be married while you're at it, though. :whistle:

Oops, there goes the well. :(
Sorry. You can not shame a Slymepitter that way. You might have better luck with fat shaming Kim Kardashian:

https://judgybitch.files.wordpress.com/ ... =300&h=297

But I doubt it.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Andrew, why don't you tell us more about how great Vox Day is, and why.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Apples wrote:Andrew, why don't you tell us more about how great Vox Day is, and why.
Just remember a stopped clock can be right twice in a given 24hr period.

Apples

Post by Apples »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Apples wrote:Andrew, why don't you tell us more about how great Vox Day is, and why.
True - which is of some limited use if all you've got is a stopped clock. I'm guessing you read him because you get a kick out of his incredibly obtuse and condescending rhetoric about women. On the other hand, I suppose it's also possible you're an evangelical Christian.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:

Hard to say.
Has anyone else noticed that Laden's been a bit quiet recently? I've occasionally had a gander at his Twitter feed, and he does seem a whole lot more into environmentalism than anything else at the moment - which, given his painfully inept molestations of the atheosphere, is a welcome relief for all concerned, I think. Long may the demands of his enviro-conscience continue - especially if it's at the expense of anything else.

Saying that, however, I do have a suspicion that Steffy might wheel him out as a team-member on the upcoming Nugent debate. Given the near-Pavlovian contempt response Laden inspires in the sane and reasonable, I can see her being conniving enough to include someone who's very presence is likely to ensure insults from the opposing team. Then again, consideiring how Laden himself is liable to say something extremely stupid and excessively vindictive, Steffy might at lease have the nous to understand that spending most of the time cleaning up Laden's shit is less time spent on making a convincing case...

welch

Post by welch »

Apples wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
True - which is of some limited use if all you've got is a stopped clock. I'm guessing you read him because you get a kick out of his incredibly obtuse and condescending rhetoric about women. On the other hand, I suppose it's also possible you're an evangelical Christian.
that doesn't invalidate that one point. It just means he's a jerk in general.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

Hard to say.
Has anyone else noticed that Laden's been a bit quiet recently? I've occasionally had a gander at his Twitter feed, and he does seem a whole lot more into environmentalism than anything else at the moment - which, given his painfully inept molestations of the atheosphere, is a welcome relief for all concerned, I think. Long may the demands of his enviro-conscience continue - especially if it's at the expense of anything else.

Saying that, however, I do have a suspicion that Steffy might wheel him out as a team-member on the upcoming Nugent debate. Given the near-Pavlovian contempt response Laden inspires in the sane and reasonable, I can see her being conniving enough to include someone who's very presence is likely to ensure insults from the opposing team. Then again, consideiring how Laden himself is liable to say something extremely stupid and excessively vindictive, Steffy might at lease have the nous to understand that spending most of the time cleaning up Laden's shit is less time spent on making a convincing case...
I doubt she'd wheel Laden out. They all realize he's a complete liability.
I suspect Svan is going for a 'me against the misogynist crowd' approach.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

PeeZus says:
They’re [Scientopia] about to have a whining mob of harrassing dinks declare that they must be shut down and driven from the internet, just like FtB: Mark Chu-Carroll deplored tech industry sexism.

It was a good network while it lasted, but now that we’ve learned it’s a hot house full of flowering manginas, well, so long.
(My emphasis.)

I thought the word "mangina" was verbotten?

I am so confused.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

LSP from Almost Diamonds:
He, and you guys, want women out of their spaces and blame feminism for chipping away at what men are entitled to, including your presumed dominance in science and skepticism.
and later
This is fundamentally different from the ‘pitters bigotry, denigration of others based on their identity, and marginalization of others’ autonomy.
Where do they get this stuff??

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

PZ Myers wrote:vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina.
I'm not even joking.

http://www.freezepage.com/1364504146TMONYWYIFS
Chris Clarke wrote:Ironically, this post is probably better SEO than anything that troll guy in that other thread ever did.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

John Greg wrote:PeeZus says:
They’re [Scientopia] about to have a whining mob of harrassing dinks declare that they must be shut down and driven from the internet, just like FtB: Mark Chu-Carroll deplored tech industry sexism.

It was a good network while it lasted, but now that we’ve learned it’s a hot house full of flowering manginas, well, so long.

There's the key. Bolded and underlined. They feel it is a fight for their very survival on the internet.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Submariner wrote:Where do they get this stuff??
First it came out of PZ's ass, and since then it's been kind of like the fantasy depicted herein:

[youtube]KQoJo81lujk[/youtube]

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Scitopia still exists?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

LeftSidePositive
March 28, 2013 at 3:05 pm (UTC -5)
Hunt, it was quite accurately pointed out that the Slymepitters and Marc Lepine have/had the same hatred of feminism. He, and you guys, want women out of their spaces and blame feminism for chipping away at what men are entitled to, including your presumed dominance in science and skepticism. They also use their hatred of women to justify violent and threatening behavior against them. The only difference is in degree. “Comparing to” is not the same as equating, and it is blatantly intellectually dishonest of you to pretend that it is.

In this paragraph, LSP (apparently a poisonous version of LSD) pretty much sums up the nasty, dishonest argument strategy that pisses me off most about the Pharyngulanha behavior.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Metalogic42 wrote:
PZ Myers wrote:myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers myers vagina.
I'm not even joking.

http://www.freezepage.com/1364504146TMONYWYIFS
Chris Clarke wrote:Ironically, this post is probably better SEO than anything that troll guy in that other thread ever did.
Umm, well what was the point of that, then?

acathode

Post by acathode »

Apples wrote:
Submariner wrote:Where do they get this stuff??
First it came out of PZ's ass, and since then it's been kind of like the fantasy depicted herein:

KQoJo81lujk
I'm thinking of FTB more like this.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Remick wrote:

I see deeply racist comments at FtB and A+ all the time. I started doing a list then realised it was trivial to find them. If you look at the JREF post on this there is a stream of people being deeply hurt by things they have said,including those relating to mental conditions. They are truly nasty people.

Part of why I want this resisted is I find their whole approach racist and sexist. No one should be affected by their race, colour, sex or mental health. Simple as that. Where I live that would be trounced on fast, I sometimes wonder what sort of privileged and protected lives these people have had. They seem to find grasping reality very tricky so they found their reality in a book.

However there is wide variation of opinion and I hope some see this for what it is.