Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Apples

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Apples »

Street performers trying to get audience members to be volunteers = rape culture:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-596808

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Apples wrote:Street performers trying to get audience members to be volunteers = rape culture:

And now it's bedtime....it's safe.....the world will be just as stupid as I left it.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Apples wrote:Street performers trying to get audience members to be volunteers = rape culture:

And now it's bedtime....it's safe.....the world will be just as stupid as I left it.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

nippletwister wrote:I have no memories of Zoom...but I will always remember Pueblo Colorado 81009.

Do you know what the queers are doing to the soil??????
I have never heard of Pueblo Colorado 81009, but what's this about queers and soil? I'm pretty good at making different soil mixes for different plants, so if queers can affect soil somehow, I'd like to know about it. Is this something to do with why gay men run so many flower shops?

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

and double post, I swear that wasn't me.......

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Scented Nectar wrote:
You too! Another Zoomer from the 70s. This is blowing my mind! Even among the other kids I knew (as a kid myself), they didn't watch the show. Yet, here at the Pit, I find fellow 70s Zoom watchers!

If any of you say that you remember the arm swinging trick that they taught on one of the episodes, I'm going to HAVE to do it on a video.
I was actually able to do that trick. I was a zoomer.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

[sorry Franc, I know you don't like smilies, but I can't help it...]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Well done Thaumas! You and your pals have managed to snooze the Pit to death.

;)
Wink accepted, but honestly, if some folks take the time to read some of the stuff posted, they may find that it 'wakes up' their minds and thoughts, rather than puts them to sleep. The fact that information is *real* and *exists* is one of those tragically under-appreciated wonders of our universe. It ties together many different areas of understanding. It connects philosophy, logic, and mathematics to science (especially physics), through probability theory and statistics. It connects applied science to technology, through engineering (esp. these days electronic engineering and software engineering). It provides a basis for understanding every about life (esp. humans) from DNA in the cells, to cognition in the brain, to the study of individual psychology, to collective sociology, to anthropology, archaeology, politics, art, modern media, and any and all memeticsculture. Along with the fundamental forces, it's the 'glue' of the universe. If that puts one to sleep, at least you'll have interesting dreams!

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Scented Nectar wrote:
nippletwister wrote:I have no memories of Zoom...but I will always remember Pueblo Colorado 81009.

I have never heard of Pueblo Colorado 81009, but what's this about queers and soil? I'm pretty good at making different soil mixes for different plants, so if queers can affect soil somehow, I'd like to know about it. Is this something to do with why gay men run so many flower shops?
Dead Milkmen, the bestest band ever. "Stuart".

Oneiros666

Post by Oneiros666 »

Tf00t's latest masterpiece:

[youtube]95LG9crl3yo[/youtube]

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Hunt wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -of-color/

At times I get the impression that if Chris Clarke doesn't get whipped with a wet noodle each night before bed, that he won't be able to get to sleep.
Let me do some quoting…
Chris Clarke wrote:Like I said, I get Walsh’s desire to protest that we’re not all bad. I suppose I’m kind of doing it myself with this post, making my views distinct from her seeming ignorance of race privilege. Except that my goal here isn’t to separate myself from Walsh the way she wants you to separate her from the Klan.
Chris Clarke wrote:And don’t be too unnerved by Walsh’s admonition that whites need to be insulated from the scorn of people of color because “Democrats still need white support.” It’s an ugly threat on her part, but it’s an idle threat. Some of us don’t change our basic sense of ethics just because someone called us a name.
Joan Walsh wrote:None of this is to deny white privilege. Not enough white people recognize the colorless, odorless oxygen of advantage they enjoy due to this country’s grim history of slavery and persistent discrimination. But there are other forms of privilege. Too often, our rhetoric around white privilege suggests to the white poor and working class that their problems aren’t the concern of the movement for social justice.
And then there's Clarke's despicable parting shot:
Chris Clarke wrote:I’m pretty sure Walsh is one of us, deep down. Yesterday’s essay just wasn’t some of her best work.

"Don't worry your pretty little head" by any other name… It's not enough that she's wrong (in Clarke's opinion), no, she's wrong because she's confused and a bad writer, and she really would agree with him if she knew better. That's one of the few arguments (using the word very loosely) that tends to infuriate me when coming from religious people. "Deep down you really do believe in god just like I do." The smug satisfaction in their own righteousness makes me have to work very hard indeed to remain civil.

Thus, I left this comment over at Pharyngula:
Ted Dahlberg wrote:Mr. Clarke, since you declare that you thrive on being corrected: the last two sentences of your piece makes you come across as a condescending ass, and you would do much better arguing against the substance of the article you are commenting on rather than descending into rhetorical devices which border on the dishonest. I can see no problem with you saying the writer of the article is wrong. But to go on and say that, and I paraphrase, she would agree with you if only she knew better? That's the same argument that, when expressed to me in the form of "you do believe in god deep down even if you won't admit it," rarely fails to make my blood boil.
So I offer this advice in good faith: if you want your arguments taken seriously, treat your opponent with the same respect that you would have others give you. Credit them with enough intelligence to assume that they do mean what they say. Note, for instance, that I made this comment assuming you really meant to come across as utterly crass.

Yes, yes, I shouldn't poke the hornets' nest, but I'm annoyed and am procrastinating, so…

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Submariner wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
You too! Another Zoomer from the 70s. This is blowing my mind! Even among the other kids I knew (as a kid myself), they didn't watch the show. Yet, here at the Pit, I find fellow 70s Zoom watchers!

If any of you say that you remember the arm swinging trick that they taught on one of the episodes, I'm going to HAVE to do it on a video.
Now my mind is actually blown away!

You knew the arm swinging trick too????????????????

Consider a video of it to be on my todo list. Because of some real life time consuming stuff, it'll some time in May before I'm back to making videos and blogposts again, but after that, I'm jumping right back into everything. The Zoom arm trick will be first up. :)

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Scented Nectar wrote:

Pueblo, CO 81009 was the PO box for requesting government-sponsored consumer information pamphlets on a surprisingly wide range of subjects. As far as I know, "what the queers are doing to the soil" was not an actual offering.

If you like the song, they have several good ones, I think of some relevance today.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

nippletwister wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Dead Milkmen, the bestest band ever. "Stuart".
Oh fuck! The virus my strawberry plant has is my fault. Even though I'm mostly straight, I'm still something like 0.01% queer. I think I understand now.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Jack wrote:
nippletwister wrote:
Git wrote:
Whig wrote:Someone said the PZ and Ophie are the true voice of New Atheism on the Glenn Greenwald hit piece on Sam Harris which is full of pro-Islam trolls.

http://discussion.guardian.co.uk/commen ... k/22496214
They're not trolls. Vast chunks of the left are now hand-in-glove with Islam, especially the Guardian, the Independent, and the Labour Party for example.
Being here in America, I don't know exactly what the situation is in the UK, but if the day-to-day is anything like what I'm seeing online lately, or what Pat Condell goes on about in his videos, I have all sympathy. As much as I don't agree with you about the extent and virulence of anti-semitism in much of the west, and for all the sympathy I have for many muslims who are raised in ignorance and oppression, it makes me sick to see liberals shielding Islam from criticism just because some muslims are poor, oppressed, or brown. It seems bigoted to me, the opposite of what is intended, another example of PC behavior turned into patronizing twaddle that only serves to censor legitimate criticism.
Right, well, can of worms.

I'd recommend taking everything Pat Condell says with a dump-truck full of salt and always fully check the sources he gives in his videos. the guy will cite loony-tune american christian fundamentalists if they're saying what he wants to hear. The vast majority of his sources are actually second hand reports in the UKs morally bankrupt right wing tabloid press. Day to day life here doesn't really resemble what you'll read in those publications, even when there might be a tiny grain of truth.

To the extent that there has been a bit of PC shielding of muslims by the left and liberals. You have to remember that its not all been for bad reasons. In the last decade or so we've been seeing some upsurge in far right, fascist organisations. Major street protests under the guise of "not racist, just hate islam". Yeah no, those cunts are genuinely racists. The old national front, neo-nazis, football hooligans and the like did not suddenly become hyper-concerned about womens rights.

[youtube]TxdTEVzzr_s[/youtube]

[youtube]VIr3HV-TuOs[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

nippletwister wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Pueblo, CO 81009 was the PO box for requesting government-sponsored consumer information pamphlets on a surprisingly wide range of subjects. As far as I know, "what the queers are doing to the soil" was not an actual offering.

If you like the song, they have several good ones, I think of some relevance today.
I do like them. I'll probably look up more of their stuff on youtube.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Scented Nectar wrote:
nippletwister wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

I do like them. I'll probably look up more of their stuff on youtube.
I'm no musical genius, but one of my favorite musical moments was playing bass and singing lead on a bad cover of "Sri Lanka Sex Hotel" in front of 100 or so drunk 90's california college kids.

/fun times

the glorious original:

left-handed lesbian albino midget werewolf. different song, still relevant. I think.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

rayshul wrote:Not sure if it was posted yet - Thunderf00t on Carrier.

youtube 95LG9crl3yo /youtube

I am not going to make any comments on Carrier's physical characteristics by the way, but I am struggling.
I wonder if people like Richard Carrier are aware they are using classical propaganda techniques or not? Lets see "Name calling", "Glittering generalities", "Bandwagon" even "Testimonial". They are all there. Instead of logical skeptical argumentation it's propaganda. Pathetic.

Reap

Post by Reap »

franc

Post by franc »

Wonderist wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Well done Thaumas! You and your pals have managed to snooze the Pit to death.

;)
Wink accepted, but honestly, if some folks take the time to read some of the stuff posted, they may find that it 'wakes up' their minds and thoughts, rather than puts them to sleep. The fact that information is *real* and *exists* is one of those tragically under-appreciated wonders of our universe. It ties together many different areas of understanding. It connects philosophy, logic, and mathematics to science (especially physics), through probability theory and statistics. It connects applied science to technology, through engineering (esp. these days electronic engineering and software engineering). It provides a basis for understanding every about life (esp. humans) from DNA in the cells, to cognition in the brain, to the study of individual psychology, to collective sociology, to anthropology, archaeology, politics, art, modern media, and any and all memeticsculture. Along with the fundamental forces, it's the 'glue' of the universe. If that puts one to sleep, at least you'll have interesting dreams!
AKA - typhos. You always take an essay to do what could be said in one sentence. It's Mervyn Peake versus Bukowski.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tigzy wrote:
rayshul wrote: I am not going to make any comments on Carrier's physical characteristics by the way, but I am struggling.
I know, I know...it's tempting. :lol:

What is it with the Eddie Deezen voices these guys have? Brownian/Anthony K's voice is sort of the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rpY-7ndlqI
[youtube]2hoHds88Slk[/youtube]

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Jack wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:
LurkerPerson wrote:So I recently came across a quote by Camille Paglia which I found very relevant to A+ style feminism, which she dubs "Infirmary Feminism":

"Let's get rid of Infirmary Feminism, with its bedlam of bellyachers, anorexics, bulimics, depressives, rape victims, and incest survivors. Feminism has become a catch-all vegetable drawer where bunches of clingy sob sisters can store their moldy neuroses."

There's a lot of other very interesting quotes I tend to agree with regarding sexuality and feminism
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Camille_Paglia
I hadn't heard of her before, and I'm sure I don't agree with half of her opinions, but there are indeed some interesting things there. I liked this:
My point is that you cannot force social change at a speed that it cannot go. Social change is evolutionary, not revolutionary. Deep social change takes time. And slowly the culture is changing. The MTV generation is far more tolerant, and that tolerance is growing.
In my experience people I know who are younger than me tend to be, if not more tolerant than me certainly more matter of fact about accepting people for who they are (including themselves). Take for instance a younger female friend of mine, who I knew had had boyfriends before, casually telling me she'd met a really nice girl and they were a couple now. No angsty coming out, or worry that I might have some hangup about it (I didn't obviously), or anything like that. Just letting me know that she'd met someone new. I remember it because I frankly found it refreshing, since I've also known people who torture themselves endlessly and needlessly over similar things.
The endless focus on sexuality reminds me of the deeply religious. A friend of mine had always been lesbian. She met some guy, they fell in love and they are now married. No one batted an eyelid. For some sexuality can be fluid (please insert joke here) and I think harping on about it all day every day is unhealthy and leads to the sort of naval gazing apparent elsewhere. People should be allowed to be what they are and want to be (within the law) without having to worry about not 'fitting in' or being vilified and marginalised by certain members of a community, weather that is Rad Fems or the religious.
I found Paglia interesting early on, but she quickly degenerated into a contrarian media whore who would just spout outrageous shit for the attention it brought her. And her views on gay men are appalling.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Reap wrote:Here's a little something
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyrj33 ... benson_fun
Yeah, so anyway i'm pretty close to just giving up on this place.... no fucks were given i'm sure.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Scented Nectar wrote:

It's all the onanism.

Reap

Post by Reap »

cunt wrote:
Yeah, so anyway i'm pretty close to just giving up on this place.... no fucks were given i'm sure.
Oh no, I have some extra fucks right here and I'm happy to give them away- Fuck Off, Fuck You , Get Fucked (no charge for the 'ed' it's on the house) Go Fuck Yourself, Good Fuckin Bye (you can substitute "bye" with "riddance" as long as it is still in season), And Why Are You still Fucking Talking? I've got boxes full of Fucks and you are welcome to as many as you need.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Uh huh, yeah.

*takes one of your fucks*
*deposits it in nearest bin*

Git

Post by Git »

The racist far-right in the UK are, to be frank, utterly irrelevant. A few hundred nutters, most of whom are in-and-out of prison most of the time. The BNP couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, and loses what few council seats it has faster than it can gain them.

Compared to the way the left bigs up Islam (to the point whenever a documentary was made exposing incitement to murder and hatred inside a mosque, it was the *programme makers* who were arrested, or the Guardian claiming that those Tunisians opposing the Islamist takeover of their country are, wait for it, *Islamophobic*, or Ed Milliband hobnobbing with the East London Mosque, one of the biggest importers of hate-preachers into the country), the racist far-right are of fuck-all importance.

Git

Post by Git »

Or the former editor of the New Statesman, the house journal of the left in the UK, being an utter fucking loon who called non-Muslims "animals" and claims to love Mohammed more than his own children...

Southern

Post by Southern »

Franc, that was mean!

Now excuse me, I must go back to the lulz.

Git

Post by Git »

Anyway, I'll get off the fucking soapbox now, and hand you back to your regularly scheduled programming.

cunt

Post by cunt »

The racist far-right in the UK are, to be frank, utterly irrelevant. A few hundred nutters, most of whom are in-and-out of prison most of the time
Absolute bollocks, there's thousands, hundreds of thousands. Though the point wasn't that they're large and a significant political force, it was that they were and are a fast-growing one and the left didn't want to pile onto islam for fear of giving them some legitimacy.

In the 2010 general the BNP got 563,743 votes, in 2005 they had 192,746. In 2001 they got 47,129. We're just lucky that the party leadership and its councillors are just as fucking stupid as the rank and file and voters.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

rayshul wrote:Not sure if it was posted yet - Thunderf00t on Carrier.

[youtube]95LG9crl3yo[/youtube]

I am not going to make any comments on Carrier's physical characteristics by the way, but I am struggling.
Carrier wonders why his video recieved so many downvotes? He lied. Anyone with any sense knew that. What was amazing to me was the applause he received while in the middle of telling lies. What does that say about AA? Hell, what does it say about AA for inviting a congenital liar?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

I've emailed AA to express my disappointment. Perhaps others can do the same.

http://atheists.org/contact

David Silverman, President 908-276-7300 x5, dsilverman@atheists.org

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

cunt wrote:
The racist far-right in the UK are, to be frank, utterly irrelevant. A few hundred nutters, most of whom are in-and-out of prison most of the time
Absolute bollocks, there's thousands, hundreds of thousands. Though the point wasn't that they're large and a significant political force, it was that they were and are a fast-growing one and the left didn't want to pile onto islam for fear of giving them some legitimacy.

In the 2010 general the BNP got 563,743 votes, in 2005 they had 192,746. In 2001 they got 47,129. We're just lucky that the party leadership and its councillors are just as fucking stupid as the rank and file and voters.
They get my vote each and every time...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GNx8PyL2HaY/T ... p_logo.jpg

(I'm also a platinum member of the Trafalgar Club :lol: )

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Tf00t's new video was great BUT I really fucking wish he'd stop quoting Dawah films out of context.

Dawahfilms actually said:

"If you ever EVER try to awaken any sort of sleeping giant that is hostile to any Muslim or non-Muslim innocent person, as mandated in the Koran and the true interpretation of the Sharia that all true Muslims (and the majority of all Muslims in the world share) we Muslims, servants of Allah peace-be-upon-him, and our non-Muslim allies will send you to the God you wished you believed in".

Thunderf00t consistently quotemines Dawah to say only this:

"We Muslims, servants of Allah peace-be-upon-him, and our non-Muslim allies will send you to the God you wished you believed in".

Reading the whole quote it's clear Dawah was responding to a hypothetical perceived threat. The IF statement changes the meaning.

Git

Post by Git »

cunt wrote:

It is worth pointing out that 563,743 votes is less than 2% out of a total of 29,687,604. In other words, the square root of fuck all. Meanwhile in France, the Fronte Nationale got 13.8% in the 2012 legislative elections, and the French Left and Right have both not been backwards in coming forwards to move against Islam. So the idea that " left didn't want to pile onto islam for fear of giving them some legitimacy" is hogwash, frankly. What it is however is a mixture of the bigotry of low expectations and a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" regarding the US.

Git

Post by Git »

Bhurzum, if you're being serious, you're a fucking wanker.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Git wrote:Bhurzum, if you're being serious, you're a fucking wanker.
Do you know me?

Or was that just a knee-jerk reaction based upon assumption?

Git

Post by Git »

Bhurzum wrote:
Do you know me?

No more knee-jerk than if you admitted to being a member of the NSDAP or Hamas.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Git wrote:
cunt wrote:

It is worth pointing out that 563,743 votes is less than 2% out of a total of 29,687,604. In other words, the square root of fuck all. Meanwhile in France, the Fronte Nationale got 13.8% in the 2012 legislative elections, and the French Left and Right have both not been backwards in coming forwards to move against Islam. So the idea that " left didn't want to pile onto islam for fear of giving them some legitimacy" is hogwash, frankly. What it is however is a mixture of the bigotry of low expectations and a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" regarding the US.
Irrelevant when you're talking about the speed of growth and not total numbers. Also, it being a good reason for temporarily withholding some criticism of islam does not mean that it's the one and only true reason. A fair bit of it especially from extremely left wing groups like Respect is absolutely "enemy of my enemy" bullshit.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Git wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Do you know me?

No more knee-jerk than if you admitted to being a member of the NSDAP or Hamas.
So you're saying that I'm a Nazi and a terrorist?

Git

Post by Git »

Here's a hint: if you proudly admit to being a member of what is basically a neo-nazi party at heart, then I can fucking well make some reasonable assumptions about you. Baring any admin action, you have as much right to speak out as I have, so I won't be calling for your banning or anything like that, but I also have the right to mercilessly mock you.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Reap wrote:
cunt wrote:
Oh no, I have some extra fucks right here and I'm happy to give them away- Fuck Off, Fuck You , Get Fucked (no charge for the 'ed' it's on the house) Go Fuck Yourself, Good Fuckin Bye (you can substitute "bye" with "riddance" as long as it is still in season), And Why Are You still Fucking Talking? I've got boxes full of Fucks and you are welcome to as many as you need.
Well that's certainly convinced me. You make as many good points as your video does.

BTW, who was it who said to Barbara Drescher something like, "what about all this internet drama and crap that goes on these days", as though you are above it all, looking down and benignly tut tutting at all these immature folks.

And of course pointing out the hypocrisy of the baboons is basically the point of this forum.

Slither

Post by Slither »

Here's Bernadette giving a lesson on how to do her Zoom arm trick:
http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/80c53 ... -you-do-it

Enjoy!

Git

Post by Git »

cunt wrote:
Git wrote:
cunt wrote:

Irrelevant when you're talking about the speed of growth and not total numbers. Also, it being a good reason for temporarily withholding some criticism of islam does not mean that it's the one and only true reason. A fair bit of it especially from extremely left wing groups like Respect is absolutely "enemy of my enemy" bullshit.
Well, I'll certainly agree with your last sentence. But personally speaking, having grown up in a sectarian shithole (yes, NI), and seen how much of a grip violent totalitarianism has on large chunks of society there, i don't think the mainland has much to worry about as a whole re. the far-right.

(deliberately couching it in those terms)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Git wrote:Here's a hint: if you proudly admit to being a member of what is basically a neo-nazi party at heart, then I can fucking well make some reasonable assumptions about you. Baring any admin action, you have as much right to speak out as I have, so I won't be calling for your banning or anything like that, but I also have the right to mercilessly mock you.
There's nothing "reasonable" about calling me a neo-nazi if you don't know me.

But hey, whatever floats your boat mate.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Bhurzum wrote: (I'm also a platinum member of the Trafalgar Club :lol: )
So can you expand a bit on why you vote for the BNP?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Say you posted a pic of yourself in front of a big nazi swastika, seig heiling to the camera and furiously wanking over a copy of Mein Kampf. Oh no, we don't know Bhurzum and therefore can't assume things from this information he's presented to us.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Agreed. I want to honestly know why a Brit would vote BNP. I can understand not liking Labour Or Conservatives but the BNP are fucking bona-fide, racist loons.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Agreed. I want to honestly know why a Brit would vote BNP. I can understand not liking Labour Or Conservatives but the BNP are fucking bona-fide, racist loons.
Well, the first thing that came to mind was for the purpose of "strategic voting". But we will not know till he tells us.

(I like minority governments for example. So I will vote accordingly, and not along party lines)

Southern

Post by Southern »

jjbinx007 wrote:Tf00t's new video was great BUT I really fucking wish he'd stop quoting Dawah films out of context.

Dawahfilms actually said:

"If you ever EVER try to awaken any sort of sleeping giant that is hostile to any Muslim or non-Muslim innocent person, as mandated in the Koran and the true interpretation of the Sharia that all true Muslims (and the majority of all Muslims in the world share) we Muslims, servants of Allah peace-be-upon-him, and our non-Muslim allies will send you to the God you wished you believed in".

Thunderf00t consistently quotemines Dawah to say only this:

"We Muslims, servants of Allah peace-be-upon-him, and our non-Muslim allies will send you to the God you wished you believed in".

Reading the whole quote it's clear Dawah was responding to a hypothetical perceived threat. The IF statement changes the meaning.
Considering that those towelheads consider EVERYTHING a threat and an offense to their religion and their beloved pedo-prophet, peace and marriage with a 6-year old be with him, I can't really see much difference.

Proposition A: "If you ever dare to do think PZ Myers is not the biggest asshole in the entire universe, the Slymepit will kill you."
Proposition B: "The Slymepit will kill you."

What's the difference between the two?

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Now my mind is actually blown away!

You knew the arm swinging trick too????????????????

Consider a video of it to be on my todo list. Because of some real life time consuming stuff, it'll some time in May before I'm back to making videos and blogposts again, but after that, I'm jumping right back into everything. The Zoom arm trick will be first up. :)

I never watched the show myself but a my cousin of mine was one of the kids the show at some point (though not at the time of the video clip posted here).

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Well, the first thing that came to mind was for the purpose of "strategic voting". But we will not know till he tells us.

(I like minority governments for example. So I will vote accordingly, and not along party lines)
That would be a really dumb idea. We're first past the post, the BNP have never actually had a single member of parliament.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Bhurzum wrote:
Git wrote:Here's a hint: if you proudly admit to being a member of what is basically a neo-nazi party at heart, then I can fucking well make some reasonable assumptions about you. Baring any admin action, you have as much right to speak out as I have, so I won't be calling for your banning or anything like that, but I also have the right to mercilessly mock you.
There's nothing "reasonable" about calling me a neo-nazi if you don't know me.

But hey, whatever floats your boat mate.
What skeptical people would do, checking the facts.
  • BNP — British National Party "is a far-right political party formed as a splinter group from the National Front by John Tyndall in 1982. It restricted membership to "indigenous British" people until a 2010 legal challenge to its constitution"
  • Burzum — stage name of the white nationalist Black Metal musician Varg Vikernes.
Thats appalling and serious shit.

Southern

Post by Southern »

So, we may finally have a bona-fide Neo-Nazi on the Pit? That would cause PZ to have such an orgasm, his screams of pleasure would echo through all the globe.

So please DO NOT be a bona-fide Neo-Nazi. I don't want to hear that fatass's orgasmic chants.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Southern wrote:So, we may finally have a bona-fide Neo-Nazi on the Pit? That would cause PZ to have such an orgasm, his screams of pleasure would echo through all the globe.

So please DO NOT be a bona-fide Neo-Nazi. I don't want to hear that fatass's orgasmic chants.
Well, I'm a registered Republican, is that close enough for PZ??

Southern

Post by Southern »

Submariner wrote:
Southern wrote:So, we may finally have a bona-fide Neo-Nazi on the Pit? That would cause PZ to have such an orgasm, his screams of pleasure would echo through all the globe.

Well, I'm a registered Republican, is that close enough for PZ??
On his cucko-head, it may be. But imagine his joy if he found a trully despicable Neo-Nazi here.

Guestheist

Post by Guestheist »

now, PZ is upset about though crimes,

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... revolting/

or course, nothing is like it seems, his link goest to a Marcotte column on slate, which then links to the original column and, of course, you get a completely different discussion.

At this rate, one of The FfTB-Skepchick-A+ loosers will get an animal rights activist (which, in some cases present good arguments) and will be upset about using schrodinger's cat, since it promotes animal abuse.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

TedDahlberg wrote:
nippletwister wrote:*snip*
I can still say that Mohammed sucks at least as many donkey balls as jesus. And that's the whole ballgame.
*snip*
Do they though? I mean we know Jesus rode a donkey into Jerusalem, which presumably is a euphemism and thus can be assumed was preceded by some degree of ball sucking. But is Mohammed as associated with donkeys and the carnal knowledge of them as Jesus is? I will confess my ignorance on the details of Islamic dogma. But inquiring minds want to know…
Much has been said about Muhammad's fondness for camels, however there is also a hadith quoting his child bride Aisha describing how a goat in their bedroom eats a copy of the Quran it found under the bed.
It doesnt elaborate on why the goat is in their bedroom.