Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
cunt

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by cunt »

cunt wrote:Ah, a foodstuff as bland as our genetic heritage.
*spreads it over an impressive human turd*

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Also I do not know the brand of my fish sauce (I threw it out!) but I got it next door from the asian super-supermarket. I have generally had this problem with all fish sauces, though. I can't deal with the smell of a lot of pre-made sauces either with fish-sauce added.

Re: Carrier is a sociology denialist

Post by Guest »

Jack wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Apples wrote:Interesting exchange on the "Thunderf00t is a psycho" thread - more evidence that Carrier has no idea what A-plussers and most FTBers mean when they talk about "social justice." He makes a commonsense argument that could get him banned at A+ and would definitely get him branded a "social science denialist" by SallyStrange and others at Pharyngula:

<snip>
Oh, that's precious.
What's weird is that Carrier is making a rather good argument here. More of this stuff Dick. Less of the 8,000 word crapifesto.
Maybe he's getting the message.
nottachance

he just thinks this reaction is an anomaly, as opposed to the leading edge of the crazy abyss he is staring at

Apples

Re: Carrier is a sociology denialist

Post by Apples »

Guest wrote:
Jack wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Apples wrote:Interesting exchange on the "Thunderf00t is a psycho" thread - more evidence that Carrier has no idea what A-plussers and most FTBers mean when they talk about "social justice." He makes a commonsense argument that could get him banned at A+ and would definitely get him branded a "social science denialist" by SallyStrange and others at Pharyngula:

<snip>
Oh, that's precious.
What's weird is that Carrier is making a rather good argument here. More of this stuff Dick. Less of the 8,000 word crapifesto.
Maybe he's getting the message.
nottachance

he just thinks this reaction is an anomaly, as opposed to the leading edge of the crazy abyss he is staring at
agree.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

rayshul wrote:Also I do not know the brand of my fish sauce (I threw it out!) but I got it next door from the asian super-supermarket. I have generally had this problem with all fish sauces, though. I can't deal with the smell of a lot of pre-made sauces either with fish-sauce added.
Stop suppressing the lived experience of billions of people.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Tigzy wrote:One day, when Atheism plus is the dominant religion of the world and people wonder 'pon the nature if its foremost prophet, perhaps some far-future scholar - one with avid fans worldwide - will self-publish a deliberate tour-de-force where he dedicates his intellectual artillery to the pursuit of that most troubling question:

On The Historicity of Richard Carrier, Ph of the most holy D - Was He Real or Just a Poe?
I swear I hadn't seen your post when I posted mine! :D

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
rayshul wrote:Also I do not know the brand of my fish sauce (I threw it out!) but I got it next door from the asian super-supermarket. I have generally had this problem with all fish sauces, though. I can't deal with the smell of a lot of pre-made sauces either with fish-sauce added.
Stop suppressing the lived experience of billions of people.
When will someone think of the fish!

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Just saw this in "poorly dressed people", with the link to the original

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7294316288/h69246D46/

Image is from Poorly Dressed, the link goes to the original artists page. Neat coincidence that I saw this post when Greta's new book is out.

welch

Post by welch »

And now for something completely different...new, improved, It's the Bag o' Jew!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 64473.html

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Anonymous uncovered rapists in the Rehtaeh Parsons Rape, in less than 2 hours despite "No Evidence"

[youtube]7_D_zvizzKA[/youtube]

some backstory

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

welch wrote:And now for something completely different...new, improved, It's the Bag o' Jew!

Our species is fucking doomed.

I'm plastered on cheap Uruguayan vino and don't honestly care but, really, let's call it a day and give some other species a chance shall we?

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

why doomed? just hermetically seal them.

the dumb takes care of itself, and we have fresh jewky come the apocalypse

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

welch wrote:And now for something completely different...new, improved, It's the Bag o' Jew!

Worst instant soup mix EVER! Will NOT be buying it again!

sacha

Post by sacha »

Gefan wrote:

Our species is fucking doomed... really, let's call it a day and give some other species a chance shall we?
QFT

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

sacha wrote: QFT
The ants are on your case already...

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

mordacious1 wrote:
sacha wrote:
From that article:
Facing his first, full-brown “crisis” just ten days after taking over a BBC reeling from the Savile crisis, Lord Hall of Birkenhead took the final decision following an the internal debate over whether the song should be aired.
Does full-brown mean: When shit hits the fan?
Yep. It's a bit like DefCon in the States.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Good stuff in that thread at Carrier's, in addition to the racism disagreement.

Carrier, of course, is one of the few privileged to understand The Grand Plan behind Atheism+.

Not only is it intended to "realistically grow atheists and draw atheist dollars and voting power" (see below and his American Atheists talk), but it's all about the US. (Mmm, just wait till Setar hears about this. :lol: )

Oh, and Carrier has been so effective at deconverting Muslims that he feels he can't safely visit to Islamic countries. (Just wait till we let his intellectual power loose on Christians in the US.)

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/arc ... ment-35371
Richard Carrier wrote:
Dan wrote:It makes no sense to attack Christianity primarily when Islam is on the rise and is causing many problems in the world.
We have to get the plank out of our own eye before we can get the splinter out of others’. And the vast majority of the US population, which controls US domestic and foreign policy, is Christian. We have very little ability to influence Islam in other countries. We could only do that in a significant by changing foreign policy (so as to make it possible for greater secularization and prosperity to occur in Islamic countries, for example, and to remove unnecessary provocations to radicalization).

Nevertheless, there are those of us doing what we can. Even I have written on the subject and actually have a reputation in Islamic countries for deconverting people there…which is one reason I am unlikely ever to visit to a predominately Islamic nation, for the sake of my own security.

TF was right about one thing: our primary target demographic is the US population. That’s where we can realistically grow atheists and draw atheist dollars and voting power. We need to get that right. Eyes on the ball, people.
Carrier (at the end of another one of his comments) wrote:...one can always dream that maybe someday you’ll actually pay attention to what I’m saying and finally, just finally, get it.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Lsuoma wrote:
You mean we have reached Phase IV? :shock:

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

Aneris wrote:Anonymous uncovered rapists in the Rehtaeh Parsons Rape, in less than 2 hours despite "No Evidence"

some backstory
All those idiots did was ensure that their "evidence" will be thrown out by a judge since it was attained without a warrant, by non-law enforcement entities and more than likely illegally.

Bravo guys, bravo...

Also, where were all these people, the ones who came forward I mean, when the crime was committed? Did they hold their tongues then? Since the victim never had a rape kit done their testimony would have been invaluable against the "she-said vs. group-said".

sacha

Post by sacha »

Lsuoma wrote:
but the spiders protect me

sacha

Post by sacha »

KiwiInOz wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
sacha wrote:
From that article:
Facing his first, full-brown “crisis” just ten days after taking over a BBC reeling from the Savile crisis, Lord Hall of Birkenhead took the final decision following an the internal debate over whether the song should be aired.
Does full-brown mean: When shit hits the fan?
Yep. It's a bit like DefCon in the States.
poor taste.jpg
(42.33 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

Kiwi, I thought you were bringing me your Bundaberg last night.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Zenspace wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I am actually allergic to fish. No, scrap that, to cooked fish. I can eat it raw or in marinades, but present me a cooked fish, and I'll get plaques all over. Might be psychosomatic.
If it's all in you're head, maybe you just need to feel like you're in a safe plaice.
I see what you did there. :lol:
I had to go and look up 'plaice". Now, I haz a lulz! Well done, that man.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Sulaco wrote:
Aneris wrote:Anonymous uncovered rapists in the Rehtaeh Parsons Rape, in less than 2 hours despite "No Evidence"

some backstory
All those idiots did was ensure that their "evidence" will be thrown out by a judge since it was attained without a warrant, by non-law enforcement entities and more than likely illegally.

Bravo guys, bravo...

Also, where were all these people, the ones who came forward I mean, when the crime was committed? Did they hold their tongues then? Since the victim never had a rape kit done their testimony would have been invaluable against the "she-said vs. group-said".
Well, I read two articles and they don't really tell the story. What I figured was that four boys might have raped a Rehtaeh Parsons, apparently took pictures from her and bullied her. She commits suicide. The police apparently dismissed digital evidence. Anonymous apparently worked their magic and found the persons (perhaps traced where they uploaded the pictures, and who did it). They claim to have found two names, working on the third, and promised to find the fourth as well. They gave the pointer to the police, and now they can dig up substantial evidence, question them and so forth. It looks like the actions of Anonymous were actually helpful and lead to further investigation.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh fuck, this is precious! (and horrible):

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... g-daughter

H/T Mallorie Nasrallah for the link.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Interesting what Svan considers as reasonable discourse on her site.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-226267

http://i.imgur.com/6GnsSw4.jpg

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Lsuoma wrote:
Any day now, the ants will once again bring in aphids to farm all over my Hoya vine. They try it every spring.

http://www.scentednectar.com/blogpics/0 ... n-hoya.png

I have super strong bug spray waiting. Any day now...

Sorry, ants. If you just wanted to live in my Hoya, like the way some Hoyas and ants do with each other, that would be fine. But I can't let you farm your aphids on it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

"This has nothing to do with women," user "thenewyorkgod" wrote. "He is a cohen,' descendant from the high holy priests of the temple and they are not allowed to walk into or fly over a cemetery, which would render them impure."
Where does it say in the Torah that they're not allowed to fly over a cemetary? Or maybe it's in the Kabbalah?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh fuck, this is precious! (and horrible):

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... g-daughter

H/T Mallorie Nasrallah for the link.
:shock:

:doh:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

"Do they have to actually bomb a conference or get on some major atheist podcasts and start saying the things they’ve been documented as saying already?"
What. The. Actual. Fuck?
Bomb a conference? Bomb a fucking conference?
I am so frigging glad the literal lunatics like Setar are on the side of FTB's doing more harm than good with every comment.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

"This has nothing to do with women," user "thenewyorkgod" wrote. "He is a cohen,' descendant from the high holy priests of the temple and they are not allowed to walk into or fly over a cemetery, which would render them impure."
Where does it say in the Torah that they're not allowed to fly over a cemetary? Or maybe it's in the Kabbalah?
And does it apply only to official cemetaries (which religions?) or do other body dumps like battlefields count as well?

I'd complain about the rustling noises if I sat close to one of them. Very sensitive hearing and all that....

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Antony K, AKA Brownian, moaning about being "doxxed"
"I didn’t go to great pains to hide my identity, which was the justification they used to dox me. Seven years of yelling at theists, and I never had someone try to fuck with me that way until I pissed off atheist wankstains by not buying into their conservative moralistic sexism."
Because creating a publicly viewable personal account on a website, along with your real name, location, photo's of yourself and a sentence telling everybody that you use the nym Brownian on FTB's isn't "doxxing" yourself? Well, at least you have a victim card now.
Retard.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-226282

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Antony K, AKA Brownian, moaning about being "doxxed"
"I didn’t go to great pains to hide my identity, which was the justification they used to dox me. Seven years of yelling at theists, and I never had someone try to fuck with me that way until I pissed off atheist wankstains by not buying into their conservative moralistic sexism."
Because creating a publicly viewable personal account on a website, along with your real name, location, photo's of yourself and a sentence telling everybody that you use the nym Brownian on FTB's isn't "doxxing" yourself? Well, at least you have a victim card now.
Retard.
And writing a post laughing at slymepitters when we referred to him as 'Ian Brown' because it wasn't his real name.
He would have got away with it too if it weren't for those pesky kids who googled the terms 'Brownian' along with 'Pharyngula' and looked at the first ten hits - which, curiously enough, consisted mainly of AnthonyK stating, 'Hi, my name is AnthonyK and I go by the name of Brownian on Pharyngula!'

Anthony, that's not doxxing. That's using google, you stupid nitwit.
If my granny could identify your identity in ten seconds it's not doxxing. :lol:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Reminds me of a Christian insisting he's a worthless sinner. The similarity extends to the negative quality (white; sinner) being somehow both a personal failure and yet something they were born with & could never escape.

I want to shake him and say:
Rise to your feet, PZ! You are a person, deserving of basic dignity and rights!

Yes, you are white, and male, and (as you have said) heterosexual - but, despite what you've apparently been brainwashed to think, those characteristics are NOT sins or crimes.

You are who you are, and we don't think less of you for it - nor do we think less of people who have different characteristics that are important to their personal identity.

What we do have a beef with is some of your actions and statements.
I'll stop there so I don't jeopardize this relatively upbeat message. :?

The best I could muster for a last or next to last line was "Your opinions aren't less valid because you're white; they're less valid for other reasons" but it's probably better to leave that out. ;)

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Dick Strawkins wrote:And writing a post laughing at slymepitters when we referred to him as 'Ian Brown' because it wasn't his real name.
He would have got away with it too if it weren't for those pesky kids who googled the terms 'Brownian' along with 'Pharyngula' and looked at the first ten hits - which, curiously enough, consisted mainly of AnthonyK stating, 'Hi, my name is AnthonyK and I go by the name of Brownian on Pharyngula!'

Anthony, that's not doxxing. That's using google, you stupid nitwit.
If my granny could identify your identity in ten seconds it's not doxxing. :lol:
I have it on good authority that reading something on your HTML browser does in fact count as 1337 h4xxing.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... be-ruined/

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/a ... lt-suicide

This case doesn't surprise me all that much. When I used to live in Saratoga a couple years ago I used to run on its track and also inline skate on its parking lot. I have to say that Saratoga High School is filled with some of the most rotten, obnoxious, demon seed teenagers you will ever meet. It seems to be something endemic to the school. Every decade or so there's some new scandal. Allegedly back in the 60s Steven Spielberg spent a year at the school and said it was the worst year of his life due to the anti-antisemitism. I myself have had kids run behind me on the track, mocking me, drive next to me while skating, calling me "faggot"...etc. The usual crap, except more of it. There's something seriously wrong with that school.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Although there's a good argument for "malicious intent" in using Brownian's real name to do so is not doxxing by any stretch of the imagination.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

oops, that's antisemitism. Anti-antisemitism is...semitism.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Skep tickle wrote:
Reminds me of a Christian insisting he's a worthless sinner. The similarity extends to the negative quality (white; sinner) being somehow both a personal failure and yet something they were born with & could never escape.

I want to shake him and say:
Rise to your feet, PZ! You are a person, deserving of basic dignity and rights!

Yes, you are white, and male, and (as you have said) heterosexual - but, despite what you've apparently been brainwashed to think, those characteristics are NOT sins or crimes.

You are who you are, and we don't think less of you for it - nor do we think less of people who have different characteristics that are important to their personal identity.

What we do have a beef with is some of your actions and statements.
I'll stop there so I don't jeopardize this relatively upbeat message. :?

The best I could muster for a last or next to last line was "Your opinions aren't less valid because you're white; they're less valid for other reasons" but it's probably better to leave that out. ;)
And here I was thinking he was actually having vanilla Ice cream on white bread with milk. Saturday mornings are hard. (yesternight was one of those rare occasions where I did indulge in a light beach party and fell in the water from drunkedness. Twice).

Anyroad, "white guilt" at its best, I suppose.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

PZ's "vanilla, white bread, ice cream" comment is so psuedo-hip it make me suspect he is a Dad dancer.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images ... 7yusw9.gif

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Sulaco wrote:

some backstory

Bravo guys, bravo...

I think I read somewere recently that evidence retrieved illegally by non-law enforcement people could be used by police and presented in court.

windy

Post by windy »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Oneiros666 wrote:Ahhhhhhh. Finished my last run of the week, settled in front of my computer with a delectable new serial killer TV-series on download, some tasty pultost (heavily fermented cheese) on bread and a few ice-cold lagers next to me.
I have to say; a Scandinavian that was born lactose intolerant would have to be the most miserable person on earth.
Fermented milk products tend to be easier to digest for lactose intolerants than fresh milk, so many of them can still enjoy a number of delicious milk products such as pultost, buttermilk, fil, filmjölk, skyr, kvarg...

I was recently asked if we make cheese out of moose milk in Finland. Sadly, no, but that gives me an idea for a new extreme sport: milk a wild moose (cheese-making optional.)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

windy wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
Oneiros666 wrote:Ahhhhhhh. Finished my last run of the week, settled in front of my computer with a delectable new serial killer TV-series on download, some tasty pultost (heavily fermented cheese) on bread and a few ice-cold lagers next to me.
I have to say; a Scandinavian that was born lactose intolerant would have to be the most miserable person on earth.
Fermented milk products tend to be easier to digest for lactose intolerants than fresh milk, so many of them can still enjoy a number of delicious milk products such as pultost, buttermilk, fil, filmjölk, skyr, kvarg...

I was recently asked if we make cheese out of moose milk in Finland. Sadly, no, but that gives me an idea for a new extreme sport: milk a wild moose (cheese-making optional.)
Come on you Finns, get with the program. ;)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uwmLHX5nT6Y/T ... farm+1.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Well, fuck, that Biron story is fucking mad.

. . .

I hate the white guilt thing. It's just embarrassing. It seems to be some perverse combination of "I just don't understand those savage darkies, they're so weird and different" and "I get things because I'm white not because I have awesome skills."

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

rayshul wrote: I hate the white guilt thing. It's just embarrassing. It seems to be some perverse combination of "I just don't understand those savage darkies, they're so weird and different" and "I get things because I'm white not because I have awesome skills."
Again, it's something I have only witnessed in (at best) college-age kids. I have no idea how people can feel guilty for the horrible things their relatives did way before they were born. My ancestors were probably slave-owning assholes. Doesn't make me one.

windy

Post by windy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
windy wrote: I was recently asked if we make cheese out of moose milk in Finland. Sadly, no, but that gives me an idea for a new extreme sport: milk a wild moose (cheese-making optional.)
Moose+farm+1.jpg
That's different, those are tame moose! I wouldn't mind more moose farms though- I'd like to try riding one.

That Russian moose farm also casts some doubt on Jared Diamond's thesis that pretty much all useful domesticable animal species have already been domesticated.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
rayshul wrote: I hate the white guilt thing. It's just embarrassing. It seems to be some perverse combination of "I just don't understand those savage darkies, they're so weird and different" and "I get things because I'm white not because I have awesome skills."
Again, it's something I have only witnessed in (at best) college-age kids. I have no idea how people can feel guilty for the horrible things their relatives did way before they were born. My ancestors were probably slave-owning assholes. Doesn't make me one.
It's a strange original sin thing as Skep tickle pointed out. I guess some atheists really want to be religious deep down.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Trust me, you can. If "white guilt" doesn't mean anything to you, try "German guilt". I was brought up to be ashamed of being German and never, ever feel, let alone show publicly anything remotely resembling patriotism, except maybe in sports.

What got me over that was the intertubes. :twisted:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

windy wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
windy wrote: I was recently asked if we make cheese out of moose milk in Finland. Sadly, no, but that gives me an idea for a new extreme sport: milk a wild moose (cheese-making optional.)
Moose+farm+1.jpg
That's different, those are tame moose! I wouldn't mind more moose farms though- I'd like to try riding one.

That Russian moose farm also casts some doubt on Jared Diamond's thesis that pretty much all useful domesticable animal species have already been domesticated.
Moose meat is fantastic. Moose stew with tradkanterell is probably the best (Scandinavian) food I've tasted.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Antony K, AKA Brownian, moaning about being "doxxed"
Retard.
This is what the dishonest piece of shit Brownian/Anthony K himself wrote on Pharyngula, when he still called himself Brownian. Yes, ON PHARYNGULA:
Incidentally, I’m also an Anthony K in RL, so it kinda freaks me out when I see your name!
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008 ... ve-glitch/

Such morally superior people.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Eskarina wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Trust me, you can. If "white guilt" doesn't mean anything to you, try "German guilt". I was brought up to be ashamed of being German and never, ever feel, let alone show publicly anything remotely resembling patriotism, except maybe in sports.

What got me over that was the intertubes. :twisted:
I've had long talks with German friends, and it's true there is "German Guilt". Stupid stigma, if you ask me.

decius

Post by decius »

Are you from Berlin, Eskarina?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And here comes Decius, making a move on Esk...

:whistle:

decius

Post by decius »

Nah, there are no vacancies in my harem, at the moment.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

try and justify THAT:

[youtube]7TifEWvu7GI[/youtube]

Sorry, one of the scenes that make me cry. IRL. I know, I'm a sissy.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Also, not a SS as the title would imply. A Wehrmacht boy, I think.

decius

Post by decius »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:try and justify THAT:

Sorry, one of the scenes that make me cry. IRL. I know, I'm a sissy.
Isn't this during the landing operations? What else could have he done, without endangering his own life and that of his comrades?
Also, never forget who the aggressor was.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Not D-Day. A basic reconnaissance operation, if the book is to be believed. Still fucking sad. The whole episode "Crossroad" is about Winters' struggle with this kill, as even he doesn't feel it was needed. And damn is he hautedn by it while in Paries (subway kind?)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Can't type shit. "haunted", and "Paris".

*sigh*

decius

Post by decius »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Not D-Day. A basic reconnaissance operation, if the book is to be believed. Still fucking sad. The whole episode "Crossroad" is about Winters' struggle with this kill, as even he doesn't feel it was needed. And damn is he hautedn by it while in Paries (subway kind?)
I haven't seen the series.

The logic of war is perverted and I could never partake in it. Having said that, also a reconnaissance operation in enemy territory or in no-man-land doesn't afford taking prisoners without jeopardising one's safety.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

decius wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Not D-Day. A basic reconnaissance operation, if the book is to be believed. Still fucking sad. The whole episode "Crossroad" is about Winters' struggle with this kill, as even he doesn't feel it was needed. And damn is he hautedn by it while in Paries (subway kind?)
I haven't seen the series.

The logic of war is perverted and I could never partake in it. Having said that, also a reconnaissance operation in enemy territory or in no-man-land doesn't afford taking prisoners without jeopardising one's safety.
I'm gonna go on a limb and say: [citation needed]. This goes against all millitary training I ever had.