Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
BarnOwl

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by BarnOwl »

Ophelia, babbling about threats again:
Followed by a long-winded version of “you’re incredibly ugly.” Yes, of course part of the idea was to say that a vial of acid in my face would make me less ugly and thus do me some good, but that was only part of the idea. “Ambrosia” announces that it was definitely not a threat. That’s easy for her to say. It’s less easy to say “definitely” when the threat (or “joke” with threat-like overtones) is aimed at you as opposed to someone else. I would feel distinctly uncomfortable – in fact I would feel like a complete shit – looking at a ”Maybe a vial of acid would do you some good” said to someone else and dogmatically announcing it was definitely not a threat. But not “Ambrosia.” “Ambrosia” apparently feels perfectly fine about going on and on and on and on and on about how no threats aimed at me are actually threats and I deserve all the shit thrown at me for musing on the possibility that an extended campaign to throw shit at me could eventually turn violent.
An "extended campaign to throw shit at" her??

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Nim_Chimpsky wrote:The new FTB Blogger is absolutely brilliant. I'm glad they have made the decision to keep ratcheting up the lunacy. They still need to fill about another 10 blog roles, shal be interesting to see what kooks they gather up to fill the remaining roles. She appears to the epitome of a SJW.
Believe I've encountered her before. Pretty sure she's yet another middle class SJW (upper middle class in her case, actually). Upside is she's less likely to rant about men with small little penises or how anyone who chats to her in the street is TEH PATRIARCHY. Pity about the poetry, though.

I've got some poetry in a year's best collection this year, and I don't even write that shit normally because poems are for losers. -.-

sacha

Post by sacha »

here is a case for the SJWs: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... ostpopular

I have no idea who these people are.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: @Slymepit - doing a driveby. Been busy with RL stuff including volunteer work for the NDP.
How’s that going? I haven’t decided yet myself as I need to look into a few of the details of the various Party platforms. Generally, I think there’s some benefit to periodically changing parties-in-power even if only on the “new-broom-sweeps-clean” principle.
Great actually. The last campaign debt is close to be paid off (in my riding that is).
Steersman wrote: However, I’m a little apprehensive that the NDP aren’t too clear on the fact that Canada – and BC – rely on resource extraction for our qualify of life; they seem to have some history of killing the proverbial goose ….
Fair enough however the NDP appears to be moving more to the "center". Last meeting I attended for example the B.C. Green Party pitch of a 'guaranteed livable income' was dismissed as unrealistic. Please note that what I am saying is not the "official" line currently. Some of the members are not happy about this kind of a change in direction.

On a side note, I was amused at the thought that I might encounter Setar one day. I suspect he might be horrified to find a MRA Slymepitter working for the NDP. Trust me if I ever encounter him in real life I am going to bring this to his attention.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

"... poems are for losers."

Tut, tut.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

"On a side note, I was amused at the thought that I might encounter Setar one day. I suspect he might be horrified to find a MRA Slymepitter working for the NDP. Trust me if I ever encounter him in real life I am going to bring this to his attention."

If you do run into that fucking moron, kick him in the cunt for me, would you.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: The exact same as you. Cigartex "La Dynamique". finally charged, and pretty awesome!
Actually, I just picked up a blue Vivi Nova clearomizer today, and switched from a pure PG juice to a 60/40 VG/PG mix (menthol/vanilla FTW!), and I'm very happy with it.
For my first try, I went with some Conceptarôme e-liquide. It's organic glycerol-based and non flavored (tastes a bit like marlboro, though). I took the highest nicotine content (19mg/ml) as I was worried it would not kill the craving otherwise. Next recharge I buy will be lower, my "hit" was quite strong.

I am quite amazed at the efficiency of the device, though. Satisfies me as much as a regular cigarette, doesn't stink the house, and now I'm even allowed to smoke in bed while reading! Ali thinks it's the best investment we've made since we've been together (seriously) :lol:

Pitters: no, I am not a e-cig representative, I'm just stunned by this stuff and would have started sooner had it been available before.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John Greg wrote:"On a side note, I was amused at the thought that I might encounter Setar one day. I suspect he might be horrified to find a MRA Slymepitter working for the NDP. Trust me if I ever encounter him in real life I am going to bring this to his attention."

If you do run into that fucking moron, kick him in the cunt for me, would you.
More likely I would not be able to prevent myself from laughing at him. But yes, even though I suspect he might benefit from something like that, I am not going to help him out that way.

LOL.

Slither

Post by Slither »

And once more, we see evidence of the mysterious fact that even though none of the FfTB people, or the A+-ers ever read the Slymepit, somehow they seem to be extremely aware of what is said here. The WiS2 conference had its list of speakers up for months. But, just after I noted the embarrassing typos on that page here, they got fixed! Amazing!

One thing I did notice from the photos on Flickr from the first WiS: There seem to be only two vendors, Amy Roth and an artist. Notably, there apparently is nobody selling books, at all! Do the organizers think that women can't read?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Slither wrote: There seem to be only two vendors, Amy Roth and an artist.
Now, that's just plain nasty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: The exact same as you. Cigartex "La Dynamique". finally charged, and pretty awesome!
Actually, I just picked up a blue Vivi Nova clearomizer today, and switched from a pure PG juice to a 60/40 VG/PG mix (menthol/vanilla FTW!), and I'm very happy with it.
For my first try, I went with some Conceptarôme e-liquide. It's organic glycerol-based and non flavored (tastes a bit like marlboro, though). I took the highest nicotine content (19mg/ml) as I was worried it would not kill the craving otherwise. Next recharge I buy will be lower, my "hit" was quite strong.

I am quite amazed at the efficiency of the device, though. Satisfies me as much as a regular cigarette, doesn't stink the house, and now I'm even allowed to smoke in bed while reading! Ali thinks it's the best investment we've made since we've been together (seriously) :lol:

Pitters: no, I am not a e-cig representative, I'm just stunned by this stuff and would have started sooner had it been available before.
Locally, I have 0, 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 mg liquid available (although the 36 is intended only for mixing your own flavors). I'm using the 18 and it's about the right amount for me. It's been super effective for me too - apart from the first night, I haven't craved a cigarette at all since I got it almost a week ago, and I used to struggle going 4 hours without a smoke (I am not a rep either :P).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Metalogic42 wrote:
Locally, I have 0, 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 mg liquid available (although the 36 is intended only for mixing your own flavors). I'm using the 18 and it's about the right amount for me. It's been super effective for me too - apart from the first night, I haven't craved a cigarette at all since I got it almost a week ago, and I used to struggle going 4 hours without a smoke (I am not a rep either :P).

4 hours? Talk about 30 minutes for me. I am a very heavy smoker (30 to 60 cigs a day). When I take the train, I try to get every opportunity at stations to go out of the wagon and have a few puffs before the train moves on. That e-cig is going to change my life \o/

Of course, the goal is to stop smoking altogether. One step at a time...

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Thanks Welch and Pitchguest for comments here on Waye's page:

http://outofthegdwaye.wordpress.com/201 ... nt-per-se/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

justinvacula wrote:Thanks Welch and Pitchguest for comments here on Waye's page:

Again, I'm quite adamant on attending the Dublin IA conference. Getting the informations I need to calculate everything. Would it go too far raising a "send Phil to IA" donation page?

I am not a threatening person, quite the opposite. Would I go to PZ? Maybe, except if he made a public sermon of me not going near him. Which has no legal tenders, unless he wants to get a subponea and apply a restricting order. I'm just an attendee, after all. Same should go to you, Justin.

Have fun there, be fair-minded in your reports, and don't say the word "Ophelia"...

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I've just bought my first electronic cigarette today. What I can say right this moment: takes 8 hours for the first battery charge via USB. Enjoying the nice red and green leds so far. Still smoking regular fags while waiting, though...
I bought a vaporizer system about a week ago from this place. I got the started kit, and about half dozen different flavored eliquids. Haven't touched a cigarette since. Haven't had an urge to, at all.

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

justinvacula wrote:Thanks Welch and Pitchguest for comments here on Waye's page:

i especially enjoy the OOK OOK OOK part

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I've just bought my first electronic cigarette today. What I can say right this moment: takes 8 hours for the first battery charge via USB. Enjoying the nice red and green leds so far. Still smoking regular fags while waiting, though...
I bought a vaporizer system about a week ago from this place. I got the started kit, and about half dozen different flavored eliquids. Haven't touched a cigarette since. Haven't had an urge to, at all.
That stuff is grand. I know there are worries about PG, and I don't use them. As previously stated, I go with Organic glycol. We'll see where it goes...

It reminds me a bit of Narghile, which kills my crave for smoke. Win/win, I guess.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Which flavors did you get?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
That stuff is grand. I know there are worries about PG, and I don't use them. As previously stated, I go with Organic glycol. We'll see where it goes...

It reminds me a bit of Narghile, which kills my crave for smoke. Win/win, I guess.
What worries? PG is "generally recognized as safe" by the FDA, and is used as a food additive.

sacha

Post by sacha »

offense.jpg
(38.86 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
her sacred offense is not the word cunt

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Which flavors did you get?
* Dark Horse
* Dragon's Breath
* Angel's Kiss
* Watermelon
* Banana
* Blueberry Muffin
* Bubble Gum
* Double Chocolate
* Strawberry Daiquiri

They are all 1.8%, 70/30 PG/VG

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

sacha wrote:Aneris,

I was not trying to have a go here: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 125#p87128

I'm honestly interested in your perspective on this.

I'm often a cunt, but not always.
I come back to that one. :)

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Submariner wrote:I don't ever want to hear a SJW bring up the pay gap ever again.
The world's most elite athletes are about as representative of humanity in general as are CEO's, Senators, and Generals. Sampling from the tails isn't going to give us insights into the bulk of the distribution.
Indeed.

Although it seems to be a fairly common tendency which is probably related to stereotyping, of ascribing to an entire class the attributes of a small segment of it – frequently for rather self-serving ends. Apropos of which you may have seen PZ Myers, quite reasonably, taking Astrokid to task for that – even if Myers then shot himself in the foot by doing pretty much the same thing.

But I think the problem is also partly due to common, and somewhat sloppy, methods of describing that phenomenon that don’t really include or encompass a statistical perspective or understanding. For instance, the previous discussions have talked about how “men have more upper body strength than women” as if “men” and “women” were autonomous and homogenous classes. Far better and more accurate, if somewhat more wordy, to assert that – for example, using Pinker’s clearer example of height – “at a height of five foot ten, men outnumber women by a ratio of thirty to one; at a height of six feet, men outnumber women by a ratio of two thousand to one.” Extremely misleading if not ridiculously sloppy thinking to say that “men are taller than women”.

However, the wickets get decidedly stickier and more politicized when we’re talking not about relatively innocuous attributes like height and strength but ones like aggression or intelligence, the latter being the essence of Astrokid’s arguments. And in that case, to talk, as he did, about the disparity in Nobel prizes granted to men and women – a class that might comprise some 0.00000001% of the population or, maybe, 70 people which might have broken down into 50 men and 20 women – as being representative of the other 99.999999999% of the population has to qualify, at least, as rather sexist if not actually misogynistic.

But that highlights, I think, the problems that follow from insufficient knowledge of statistics in the general population. As you probably know the physicist Leonard Mlodinow wrote the book “The Drunkard’s Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives” – which I have though haven’t finished reading – apparently to rectify that to some extent.

There's a HOST of factors...endo/meso/ectomorph, the kind of muscle they build, etc. Some people can just lay on muscle seemingly sans trying, others have to kill themselves to do it.

The height/weight thing is a bit oversimplified.

welch

Post by welch »

justinvacula wrote:I report following my protest of a National Day of Prayer event -

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... xperience/

Especially note the attitudes of the theists who engaged with me.

http://i.imgur.com/Lg0chlf.jpg

Posing with Christians -- all of us clearly agents of the patriarchy (TM)
Oh justin, you and your so-called "significant other". Don't you know becky and the others are very clear on this: none of us are desirable in the least, and we are all bitter virgins living in our parents' basement.

welch

Post by welch »

BarnOwl wrote:Ophelia, babbling about threats again:
Followed by a long-winded version of “you’re incredibly ugly.” Yes, of course part of the idea was to say that a vial of acid in my face would make me less ugly and thus do me some good, but that was only part of the idea. “Ambrosia” announces that it was definitely not a threat. That’s easy for her to say. It’s less easy to say “definitely” when the threat (or “joke” with threat-like overtones) is aimed at you as opposed to someone else. I would feel distinctly uncomfortable – in fact I would feel like a complete shit – looking at a ”Maybe a vial of acid would do you some good” said to someone else and dogmatically announcing it was definitely not a threat. But not “Ambrosia.” “Ambrosia” apparently feels perfectly fine about going on and on and on and on and on about how no threats aimed at me are actually threats and I deserve all the shit thrown at me for musing on the possibility that an extended campaign to throw shit at me could eventually turn violent.
An "extended campaign to throw shit at" her??
translation to sane: people say things she doesn't like. Ergo violence.

welch

Post by welch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Again, I'm quite adamant on attending the Dublin IA conference. Getting the informations I need to calculate everything. Would it go too far raising a "send Phil to IA" donation page?

I am not a threatening person, quite the opposite. Would I go to PZ? Maybe, except if he made a public sermon of me not going near him. Which has no legal tenders, unless he wants to get a subponea and apply a restricting order. I'm just an attendee, after all. Same should go to you, Justin.

Have fun there, be fair-minded in your reports, and don't say the word "Ophelia"...
I said "Ophelia" three times in front of a mirror at midnight, and now my reflection has locked itself in my bedroom, and is listening to the cure while cutting itself.

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:
offense.jpg
her sacred offense is not the word cunt
http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp08312004.shtml

http://www.somethingpositive.net/random.shtml

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

welch wrote:
justinvacula wrote:I report following my protest of a National Day of Prayer event -

Oh justin, you and your so-called "significant other". Don't you know becky and the others are very clear on this: none of us are desirable in the least, and we are all bitter virgins living in our parents' basement.

http://i.imgur.com/3bpju16.jpg

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

My latest if you're interested.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I just shit my pants. Epically.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

justinvacula wrote: http://i.imgur.com/Lg0chlf.jpg
Looks like Hannibal Lecter...saying grace.

___

Sounds like you had a good time, particularly this part:
justin vacula, at his blog, wrote:Rev. Brewster and I found some common ground, touched on disagreement, and had a joint
;)

____

Justin, your blog post points out how these people-whose-view-you-don't-share accepted your presence and interacted with you throughout the day, & didn't act like you were a threat or inappropriate. Some of that was probably due to your approach, but remember too that they very likely buy into the requirement of trying to make converts (the "Great Commission") and - as they see it - saving your life or at least your soul for all eternity. Not to mention that their main dude told them to turn the other cheek (and the liberal Christians seem to like to follow that teaching, among their Chinese menu options from the Bible). I don't think Melody, Stephanie, et al view their potential interaction with dissenters in the same light as these Christians do.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Haha. Clicked on your link to 1 Peter 3:14-16 in Justin's blog post, and here's what's at the top of the selection:
3 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands

Your having 1 Peter 3:14-16 on one side of your poster looks like a clever shoo-in to pretty much guarantee Christians are going to treat you nicely:
14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

Justin, I challenge you to find a quote that will have an equivalent effect on the FtB/etc crowd, which has already decided that you are evil incarnate - that you're the embodiment of every troll on the internet and of every man who has ever offended, pissed off, glommed onto, ignored, manhandled, misread, stood up, stared down, talked over, and failed to defer to, a woman (or forgotten her birthday or their anniversary).

You know - the group that piously (albeit nontheistically) thinks 1 Peter 3:17 was written about them, versus you:
17 For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Submariner wrote:My latest if you're interested.

I know, everyone is a critic, but: can't you speed your speaking pattern a bit? A 5 minutes video could be reduced to less than 3 minutes.

Also: aaaaawwww, Snowflake!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Or was it Snowball? 9am on a saqturday, no coffee...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Metalogic42 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

What worries? PG is "generally recognized as safe" by the FDA, and is used as a food additive.
I have no idea. It's just what I've read while doing searches about the different eliquids. There seems to have been no serious research conducted regarding PG, so it's on a hiatus right now. Seeing the shit they put in regular cigarettes, though, I wouldn't worry too much about PG. I pay 9 euros for a 10ml flacon, which is only 10 cents short of my regular cigarette pack, and lasts about 4/5 days.

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

YER VIDYAS BOOOOORING

:P

also leading off with footage of a machine built only for war shows your obvious hostility and violence and ocean rape threats and tool of the patriarchy and sub culture

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I am enjoying JV's little foot-lift.

lonesagi

Post by lonesagi »

welch wrote:

Fuck you Vacula. Did you really need to include your name on the sign you self promoting fuck?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

rpguest wrote:

YER VIDYAS BOOOOORING

:P

also leading off with footage of a machine built only for war shows your obvious hostility and violence and ocean rape threats and tool of the patriarchy and sub culture
In the future, I propose that Subby should start all of his videos with extended close-up shots of an elongated sandwich.

lonesagi

Post by lonesagi »

Sums it up better than words ever could.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'm going to be blunt here, but I agree with lonesagi and others. Justin, you do yourself no service by advertising so much. At best, it makes you look like a RW. Just do what you do to further the movement, and exo-promotion will come right along. No need to plaster your name everywhere you are.

Or do. I'm not one to judge. Get's a bit annoying at times, is all I'm saying.

lonesagi

Post by lonesagi »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm going to be blunt here, but I agree with lonesagi and others. Justin, you do yourself no service by advertising so much. At best, it makes you look like a RW. Just do what you do to further the movement, and exo-promotion will come right along. No need to plaster your name everywhere you are.

Justin, if you really want to make an impression or do some good, go get a day job.

Seriously.

Dawkins, Hitchens, Sagan, Dennett, etc. ... they didn't make themselves important by be "athiest activists". That's not why people listened to them. People listened because they had proved themselves smart in their individual fields; therefore, what they said had weight.

You want to be important, fine. Great. Go get an important job, do it well, and write about your atheism on the side. If people listen, wonderful. If they don't, oh well, you tried. Running around as a self aggrandizing fuckhead doesn't win you any points. You sound and act like Watson.

This is honest advice from someone who would like to like you, but can't, because you act like a fuckhead.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Thunderf00ts latest video.

[youtube]aGAvjwQPCHE[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

The atheist movement seems to have a plethora of professional teet suckers, most of whom, have nothing else other than their testimony and regurgitation of shit other people have said...... Sounds a lot like the way the new age christian churches work, where every other idiot thinks they were born to be a church leader, and spend most of their time trying to get hold of a mic.

Why would anyone in their right mind pay a premium to sit and listen to a range of specials. Specials in the sense that they themselves are convinced that they really are special. Those in relevant fields should really be taking notice of the atheist movement, as it is a fantastic study on the formation of cults.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I do metal. I am under-educated, and can't do much for the movement. My "influence" is limited to the Pit and maybe a couple other web places. Atheism is not an issue in my country anyway. Skepticism? Yeah, probably a big issue, but what can I do? Most of the French public don't speak or understand English (I'm priviledged!!!). There would be no point in inviting the Big Voices here.

This whole internet Atheism is just a

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

[continued]

...hobby for me.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

The whole Atheism thing is just an internet hobby for me.

Thunderf00t's latest video is spot on. And it's ridiculous that Sarkeesian was able to raise $150k for the project. You could send a couple of young women to a good university to get engineering degrees, for that amount; there are several universities in the US that have programs in gaming and simulation design, for example.

Tf00t's recent "Going to the North Pole" video is excellent!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Thunder's vids are generally very entertaining in my opinion, he identifies the absurdities well. The thing the snarky$$sian fraud demonstrates, is how easily fools and their money are parted. Anita is in the business of Anita, and the lemmings who sit in the pews and throw money in the bucket are the real failures.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Here's another fund we can all contribute to: fly RW to SF, to talk about women in the tech industry.

Because she knows so much about computer technology. She plays computer games and uses the internet, right?
My name is Shana Abell and I am throwing an event night at DNA Lounge to celebrate women in computer technology. Here is the official write up and link:

Geeking Out with Rebecca Watson

Welcome women of the tech world and all who support us to a night just for you! DNA Lounge will be host to the celebration; an evening to laugh, connect, and discuss the issues, triumphs, and future of women in the computer technology field. We welcome all to come and celebrate with us. Programmers, engineers, OPs, human resources, start up entrepreneurs, nonprofits, office managers, students, etc.

Rebecca Watson will be our main speaker for the evening, followed by an amazing panel of women, TBA, to dialog with the audience, everyone who wants to be heard has the opportunity, followed by tea service from the ladies of FemininiTea (an all womens based tea gathering group started in San Francisco). After the discussion stick around to connect with one another over tea and music. The tea is a free service, and DNA Lounge also has a full bar with drinks for sale, as well as food from its pizza kitchen.
Hey, sacha, aren't you a member of FemininiTea?

::runs away::

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

BarnOwl wrote: Hey, sacha, aren't you a member of FemininiTea?
... This? http://www.facebook.com/pages/FemininiT ... 2572961651

Can barely look at that, everything about that (except tea) has me recoiling
drek and drivel
a neverending bridal shower
Run faster, I'll flank for her.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

zenbabe wrote:
BarnOwl wrote: Hey, sacha, aren't you a member of FemininiTea?
... This? http://www.facebook.com/pages/FemininiT ... 2572961651

Can barely look at that, everything about that (except tea) has me recoiling
drek and drivel
a neverending bridal shower
Run faster, I'll flank for her.
Yup, I clicked the link, read a few of the posts and now I'll never be clean again :?

Apples

Post by Apples »

Looks like Ally Fogg just joined FTB, no posts yet:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Apples wrote:Looks like Ally Fogg just joined FTB, no posts yet:

Finally, an FtBlagh dedicated solely to feminism and gender issues.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Bhurzum wrote: Yup, I clicked the link, read a few of the posts and now I'll never be clean again :?
Wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Btw thanks for the embedded video by Thunderf00ts, it was the first of his I have seen and found it very enjoyable. I am still wondering what she means by the "privilege" she thinks is afforded to male gamers over female ones (and why-o-why is it worth that much in donations). As a female who plays MMORPGs (aka Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls), I haven't noticed any real privilege given to men over women, assuming by privilege she means respect? ingame money? items? rocks? ?? profit?

If anything occasionally actual female players might be sort of catered to, but when that happens it annoys everyone else, male or female, and the guy doing the catering is mocked.

windy

Post by windy »

lonesagi wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm going to be blunt here, but I agree with lonesagi and others. Justin, you do yourself no service by advertising so much. At best, it makes you look like a RW. Just do what you do to further the movement, and exo-promotion will come right along. No need to plaster your name everywhere you are.

Justin, if you really want to make an impression or do some good, go get a day job.

Seriously.

Dawkins, Hitchens, Sagan, Dennett, etc. ... they didn't make themselves important by be "athiest activists". That's not why people listened to them. People listened because they had proved themselves smart in their individual fields; therefore, what they said had weight.
"Ask not what the Patriarchy can do for you, but what you can do for the Patriarchy"

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

d4m10n wrote:

Finally, an FtBlagh dedicated solely to feminism and gender issues.
Where there is harmony, may we bring discord, where there is peace, may we bring schism, where there are humans may we bring contrived gender politics in the interest of blag hits, self consuming egotism, and utter contempt for the actual, only, unifying goal of any atheist movement, the defeat of discrimination against individuals on the grounds of their atheism. We are feminists, resistance is futile.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I think I've seen some of his stuff on The Guardian website. Could be wrong though.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

I think I've seen some of his stuff on The Guardian website. Could be wrong though.
http://i.imgur.com/9m7RPoE.png

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/9m7RPoE.png
God, I hope he uses that word on FTB and tries to justify it by saying it doesn't have sexist connotations in Britain.

BTW Strawkins, on a completely unrelated note I think you might be interested in this:
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/pic-emerges- ... 34209.html