Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Lsuoma »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Ok, I'll admit it. The ADS in me glazes over the extremely long posts here. I'm sure I'm probably missing out on some important/great discussions when I do this. Anyone else here do the rapid skim past thing when it comes to posts that are well over three or four paragraphs long?
Yup!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Voryn wrote: Translation: Oh we're having a problem over here too? Well, let me just count to infinity and then we'll get on that..

Kind of hard to fix the trolls, you're a meme Silverman, you should be aware of how the internet works!
They're all on the same gravy train.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

katamari Damassi wrote:
codelette wrote:
welch wrote: Man, that must suck, being that fragile.
A commenter on Shakesville:
I saw this! We were watching the news that night but also were working on our laptops and neither of us bothered to turn off the TV as the news ended, and this was the first skit. I was shaking with rage and couldn't believe it-My mum and I stared at each other in shock for a minute and then we turned it off.
The offending piece?
A SNL skit...

http://www.shakesville.com/2011/02/challenge.html
That's par for the course there.
And that reminds me... Does anyone watch the show Elementary? For the brits here, Elementary is the american knockoff of Sherlock Holmes. I was interested in checking it out, but I noticed that it is the current favorite show of Shakesville-because Joan Watson solves crimes with her "empathy" instead of Sherlock solving them with his logic. So is it a complete piece of shit or what?
So glad I stuck with Sherlock.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Ok, I'll admit it. The ADS in me glazes over the extremely long posts here. I'm sure I'm probably missing out on some important/great discussions when I do this. Anyone else here do the rapid skim past thing when it comes to posts that are well over three or four paragraphs long?
*wave*

(usually when welsh is on the rag though)
When the name of the day in English ends with "y" then?

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Kareem wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
codelette wrote:
I saw this! We were watching the news that night but also were working on our laptops and neither of us bothered to turn off the TV as the news ended, and this was the first skit. I was shaking with rage and couldn't believe it-My mum and I stared at each other in shock for a minute and then we turned it off.
The offending piece?
A SNL skit...

And that reminds me... Does anyone watch the show Elementary? For the brits here, Elementary is the american knockoff of Sherlock Holmes. I was interested in checking it out, but I noticed that it is the current favorite show of Shakesville-because Joan Watson solves crimes with her "empathy" instead of Sherlock solving them with his logic. So is it a complete piece of shit or what?
That's not necessarily a bad story plot, although it doesn't fit something based on SH at all. I would actually argue that's the story structure for Law and Order:Criminal Intent (at least the episodes with D'Ofrino)

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Clarence wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Clarence wrote:
More to the point, I can't remember the last time a woman has gotten multiple (as opposed to from a stalker or former lover or some singular threat in the context of a relationship) death or rape threats on the net and had something actually happen to her.

Surely these ignorant bitches aren't afraid that Justin is going to assault or rape them, are they?
Are you fucking stupid or something?

If a woman gets multiple rape or death threats then something IS happening to her.
She is getting threatened and can rightfully feel terrorized.
To threaten someone with violence or rape is a crime and the person on the end of these threats is a victim of that crime.

Yes, most of the online threats are going to be trolls, but that doesn't make it a non issue.
I doubt that anyone seriously thought Justin was a threat but I think they may have some justification for a dislike of AVFM which seemingly has some fans who don't consider online threats to be an issue unless they are actually acted upon.
I don't consider online threats to be an 'issue' unless they are actually acted upon either. So hate away on me all you want. Parts of the internet are cesspools. If you stir them up you will get threatened. Doesn't matter if you are a woman or a man. And yes, that's because there are lots of trolls and lots of people who will say things to hurt the easily offended or frighten the easily frightened. That doesn't mean that if you deliberately stir up a hornets nest (as some of them have) you get to play innocent victim. That ALSO doesn't mean - and this is my main point - that MERELY CLAIMING you are OR HAVE been receiving such threats entitles you to use said alleged threats as representing people who disagree with you, ESP when you REFUSE to publish said threats, or otherwise prove your words. Have you forgotten that some of the idiots you fight on here have 'refused to name names'?

Isn't it so convenient to be able to run a victim narrative and never have to prove it?
FWIW, I don't think it's up to interwebz people in general to judge whether or not online threats are credible or not so simply publishing them wouldn't mean shit really. But, if they seem credible to the person/person's on the receiving end then the proper authorities should be alerted. If I remember correctly, RW and Co. have claimed to have alerted the relevant authorities but nothing eventuated. In which case the only thing anyone can really say is that they're not credible threats as far as the proper authorities are concerned.

I personally think that they are using the trolling for their own benefit and in a seemingly dishonest way but I also think it's something that's worth staying away from as far as it being an issue. I think it's fair enough to assume that some of the threats at least seem credible to the people on the receiving end. How would you feel if one of them was actually harassed/attacked in real life?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Guest wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, slightly amusing bit on Skeptics Guide this week as Queen Bee stumbles badly on the science again, over the issue what "speed" one would need to be travelling to sustain artificial gravity. One of the Novella's responds (and you can hear the "duh" in their voice) that it would be 1G.

BTW, again, the biggest reality check (and flaming embarassment) the Baboons could face is if Queen Bee was sacked from the SGU. C'mon Novella's, you know what you gotta do!
Did you miss the memo? - Principia Mathematica is a "rape manual". Deriving this stuff without reference to misogynist hate literature isn't easy.

*shrug* Ophelia, for one, is actually pretty straight when it comes to debunking extreme-feminist twaddle about science.

E.g. she had a series of posts rebutting the conspiracy theory that Mileva Maric contributed much to Einstein' theory of relativity.

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/200 ... eins-wife/
Look, I read at Butterflies and Wheels for a long, long time. I especially loved Eric McDonald's comments, etc. And there were many, many other top contributors. And I was no wall flower and left many of my own. And it was a good place, even if Myers and some other blowhards came in to pontificate (to 'set her straight') on occasion.

But when she went to FtB.... She changed. A lot. And for the worse. Became much more thin-skinned. Much more radicalized. Things that were no big deal, became big deals. Very hyper-moralistic about imagined insults and slights. Inventing stalkers and dangers that didn't exist... It got really bad.

So I left.

And it wasn't hard to do. After all, I'd left Pandagon after Marcotte came aboard and stunk it up, I left Pharyngula after Myers' lost all control and turned himself into a cyber-bully, and I've left other blogs where the writer, in seeking (or achieving) fame or power or whatever, turned him/herself into a spittle-flecked, ranking-caricature of his/her old self.

So, yes, a long-time ago she was a good blogger. But this is now, and she's not.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Clarence wrote:
Surely these ignorant bitches aren't afraid that Justin is going to assault or rape them, are they?
For the record: This doesn't help. I get a troll vibe when I see this shit.

Unless you meant to out yourself as a sexist twat.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Skeeve wrote:
Clarence wrote:

It was that line which triggered my response.

Garlic

Re: white privilege confetti bomb

Post by Garlic »

Altair wrote: That means I can mansplain stuff to other men? What happens if we both mansplain to each other?
Homotextuality.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Aneris wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Is "Elevatorgate" the chick that is in the wallpaper on their twitter homepage?

https://twitter.com/ElevatorGATE
[youtube]SpS3eFqhxSQ[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Skeeve wrote:
Clarence wrote:

Guys has gone very rapidly from reasonablish, to complete fuckstain. I smell troll too...

sacha

Post by sacha »

KiwiInOz wrote:
franc wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Like it or not, @elevatorgate has done a tremendous job in documenting, following, and calling out bullshit from #ftbullies. While I don't always like the style, you can't deny his amazing work. He ought to be honored with the hashtag and radio show bearing his moniker.
Wholeheartedly agree. I tire of people frowning down there noses at the guy. He is priceless. Unlike the people that shit on him, I have actually made the effort to contact him and speak with him - he knows what he's doing and he knows when to back off in regards to JREF and similar. You don't have to like him or thank him - but he does a job that needs doing. Stop shitting on him.
Agree.

Although I suspect that Justin swims in 55 gallons of lube every morning, because the shit just slips off him and he keeps on smiling.
hahaah! actually it's one of the things I like about Justin

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Aneris wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Is "Elevatorgate" the chick that is in the wallpaper on their twitter homepage?

https://twitter.com/ElevatorGATE
I predict AndrewV69's computer screen getting a good splash of hot manfat tonight.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Altair wrote:
welch wrote: When you equate what's going on in spain to Stalinism in a serious manner, exactly why should I take that any more seriously than the tea party idiots calling Obama Hitler?
For the same reason I don't start looking for concentration camps when people talk about a grammar nazi, some things are not literal but metaphoric.
Altair ninga'd me here, but I was going to say Tadpole Nazi

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Karmakin wrote:
Kareem wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
codelette wrote:
The offending piece?
A SNL skit...

That's not necessarily a bad story plot, although it doesn't fit something based on SH at all. I would actually argue that's the story structure for Law and Order:Criminal Intent (at least the episodes with D'Ofrino)
That's because he is, like the Mentalist, a Sherlockian character. I also like the BBC "Sherlock" better, it's brilliant. Everyone remotely interested should watch it. But it's rather short with its three feature-film lenght episodes per season. However, I still love Elementary. Even though they are more liberal with the source material and have to fill an entire american season, they manage to pay homage to the original very well. The authors are certainly Sherlock-savvy. It's more hidden but it's there. How he learns baritsu, how he keeps bees as pets. Being a drug addict, etc.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

[quote="Skep tickle]
I was going to blabber about conscription (required military service) then realized they're not likely to consider that a "right".

[/quote]

Ah, yes, the 'right' to be drafted. That's a hell of a 'right.' My grandfather was born and raised as a Mennonite. He gave it up and died, I presume, an atheist. He certainly never did a minute's God-bothering in the 28 years I knew him.

But his Black-Bumper Mennonite background gave him a number of interesting stories. One has to do with the draft.

You see, Mennonites don't fight. It's against their religion. IN WWII, my grandfather was too old with three kids. So he was in zero danger. But he had younger cousins drafted. Who held true and wouldn't fight. And most of them were sent to labor camps where they had to serve as unpaid labor while being supported by family and church. A few took the military medic option (since medics don't carry guns). They died.

Which was site load better than the previous generation where, during WWI, they were thrown in jail. Abused. Beaten (including two Hutterites beaten to death). Given starvation rations. Some were almost indicted for treason (though it didn't happen, it was a close call).

No woman in America has enjoyed those 'rights.'

sacha

Post by sacha »

Altair wrote: I didn't know a white person could whitesplain something to another white person. That means I can mansplain stuff to other men? What happens if we both mansplain to each other?
hahaha! the slymepit has me vibrating with laughter today

welch

Post by welch »

bovarchist wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Does anyone watch the show Elementary? For the brits here, Elementary is the american knockoff of Sherlock Holmes. I was interested in checking it out, but I noticed that it is the current favorite show of Shakesville-because Joan Watson solves crimes with her "empathy" instead of Sherlock solving them with his logic. So is it a complete piece of shit or what?
Never watched it, but I meant to get around to it. If what you say is true, wow...talk about a perfect symbol of missing the point. "Let's ruin Sherlock Holmes, because feminism."

THIS! THIS IS WHAT SHOULD HAVE PEOPLE SHAKING WITH ANGER! SHAKING, I SAY! :violin:

Meh. I watched the first few episodes. It's not terribly feminist. Nor is it terribly anything.

1) it's an American show, so it has to do ratings. Which means deep thought? Nope.
2) the Sherlock folks told them "we even think you're treading on us, we will sue the fuck out of you"

So they're kind of stuck with what they can do. I mean, it's not bad, it's not great, it's just....okay.

welch

Post by welch »

Jack wrote:
codelette wrote:
welch wrote:
codelette wrote:
codelette wrote:Please somebody remind me when was it that Eric The Bassist gave this place "the benefit of the doubt"?
http://i.imgur.com/K6XDA1y.png

He was pretty much condemning this place from his first post.
Fix that bitch up.

PS. eric, you are a cunt.

Regards,
A woman
he was "shaking"? Fuck, how does princess even get out of bed in the morning?
That "shaking" behavior is usual with OnlineJusticeJockeys. I have also read about about "crying", "screaming", "getting nauseous" and "throwing up" in various other feminists sites.

http://fetusjournal.files.wordpress.com ... aurier.jpg
I remember Eric. He came here, gave us some abuse, we spoke to him calmly asking him to provide evidence for his assertions. He could not. He had a short period of lucidity, went off the rails and rage quit.

He was shaking alright. Like a born again Christian would when faced with the prospect they may be wrong about Jesus. For some it is much easier to lie, distort and play the victim than face reality.

Yet unlike them if another 'Eric' pops by I will do the same and try and engage with them. That's because I don't feign a fit of the vapours if someone disagrees with me. It's because I do not play emotional games to obtain an advantage. People that play emotional games are blackmailing other people's natural empathy and it's disgusting.

Also Eric unlike you I won't lie to buddy up to anyone. How you can pretend to represent any part of 'Social Justice' is beyond me, You do not even know what the words mean.

I wasn't nice to him. I assholed the fuck out of him, because he was a cunt from the start.

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

I'm a SysAdmin who still has to do desktop support. You barely-breathing blobs wish you could do pissed-off as well as my clan.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Altair wrote: I didn't know a white person could whitesplain something to another white person. That means I can mansplain stuff to other men? What happens if we both mansplain to each other?
In that case, official Man Rules call for "Cocks at Dawn". Both men's members are fluffed by a willing lady until they reach full tumescence, at which point they are exposed to the photograph below (no further touching of the peen permitted). The winner - he whose mansplaining is accepted as truth - is the one who maintains an angle above the horizontal for the longest.

http://i.imgur.com/LVn1nvN.png

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
Clarence wrote:

Guys has gone very rapidly from reasonablish, to complete fuckstain. I smell troll too...
And a very stupid one at that.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Clarence wrote:
welch wrote:
Fixing epic quote fail...
1. I meant that in the context of SPAIN you were correct about the use or misuse of "Stalinism". However, I did point out other areas that arguably are more appropriate.
to what, Stalinism? Hardly. FUD about THIS IS WHAT TEH TOTALITARIAN SOCIETIES DO is just that...fud. Same thing used against any politician doing anything someone somewhere doesn't like. First it's <policy> then it's hitler/stalin/mao.
2. Your understanding of marital rape is pretty simplistic. But let me put it to you very bluntly: right now MEN in America can be raped and it will not be counted as rape. This includes marriages, but is not limited to them:

http://www.genderratic.com/p/2551/male- ... existence/
http://www.genderratic.com/p/2847/male- ... al-errors/
And that sort of thing is not even just limited to the US but is pretty much world-wide, including countries such as India which currently defines rape as something men do to women and not something men do to men, women to women, or women to men. I don't see the 'outrage'.
My understanding of marital rape is simplistic because it's a fairly simple concept: spouse A want sex, spouse be does not. Spouse A coerces or forces Spouse B to give them sex. This is not complicated. String theory is complicated. Sasha Grey's sexual history is complicated. This is not. But, nice of you to pull out both the "since you don't agree with me, CLEARLY you don't understand the problem" AND "other people do bad stuff too, so what you talked about is okay" tropes. Neither of those links disprove that in the US prior to the 70s, a wife was unable to deny her husband sex, because he could just take that shit, and walk away clean.

In addition the "well in other countries, you can ass-rape women with a yak's horn" shit still doesn't disprove anything. I mean, it's a nice attempt at distraction, but it still doesn't disprove what I stated, which shows that your "point" about societal approval of violence against women in the past in the US is a myth to be malarky. What goes on in India is indeed horrible, but that doesn't change that you're still wrong.
3. You didn't really deal with my link. My link pointed out that DOMESTIC VIOLENCE was not something that it was legal for a man to perform and that our ancestors took it pretty damn seriously indeed. You haven't provided any proof against my link.
A husband legally able to rape his wife is not "domestic violence". You're really going to try to make that case?
My link does have something to say about "Marital Rape" laws though: if a man used FORCE to have sex with his wife he could at least be prosecuted for using that force, even if he couldn't be prosecuted for a sex crime. This is far different than what you seem to believe the laws were.
Bless your stupid little heart, you are in fact going to try to make that case. From the link I provided:
A month after Rosanna Hawkins filed for divorce in Michigan in 1981, her estranged husband broke into the house where she was staying and in more than an hour of what she said was total terror, raped her. Her husband, Eugene, who had been armed with a six-inch knife, was convicted in Oceana County Circuit Court in 1982 and sentenced to 27 years to 92 years in prison.

Last February, however, the Michigan Court of Appeals voted 3 to 0 to overturn the conviction.

The court ruled that, legally speaking, Mrs. Hawkins could not have been ''raped'' by her husband because in Michigan it is not a crime for a man to sexually assault his wife unless they are living apart and one has filed for divorce. And Mrs. Hawkins's divorce filing was not valid because Michigan requires that a person be a resident for at least six months in order to file for a divorce; Mrs. Hawkins had moved back to the state only a week before she filed.
Now, let me restate this simply, because you appear to need things simple:

Eugene Hawkins broke into Rosanna Hawkins' house, and armed with a 6" knife, raped her. That, my dear, dear, preciously stupid person, is in fact using force. What happened next? Well the lower court did the sensible thing and sentenced him to many, many years in prison. Until the Michigan court of appeals then *unanimously* overturned his conviction. Why? Because as it turned out, in michigan, at the time, what he did wasn't illegal.

Here's a funny thing that had you done any research, you'd have found that the MSC remanded the case back to the Mich. Court of appeals for reconsideration of issues.

I can't find any other data on it, but I'm not a lawyer, I could be searching poorly. SO the final disposition of the case? Dunno.

In any event, in what world is the rape of a spouse not domestic violence? What, he says please first?
Nowadays we've "progressed" so much that technically a man (not a woman, remember forced envelopment doesn't count) has to worry about if he withdrew fast enough after she changed her mind in the act of coitus five years prior, and will she bring it up during the divorce?

Yeah...progress. Luckily most people DO take into account prior sexual history and consent, but I'm willing to bet that at least one man (The MRA's would say William Hetherington) was in jail for a marital rape he didn't even commit
neither of those two points disprove that this country had a history of legally allowed spousal abuse by men towards women. Which means it was not a myth.

The fact you tried to make rape separate from domestic violence is quite frankly, fucking appalling.
Hey stupid:
A. "Domestic violence" is a shove. Is it your contention that rather than being a SEX CRIME rape is a crime of domestic violence? So a shove...is a rape? Wow, are you dense. I suggest you look into sexual assault statutes. I've been doing this for years idiot.

B. OMG the court ruled she wasn't RAPED as a matter of law. So it sent him back to be tried for the ASSAULT.
Fuck you that you don't even know the goddamn difference between physical and sexual assault. Clearly, you can't sentence a guy for RAPE if he didn't rape her.
That doesn't mean I think he didn't rape her, but as a matter of law (which you'd understand if you had two brain cells) if they determine it wasn't rape, that doesn't mean it wasn't violence. That you are either too stupid to understand the distinction or too dishonest to deal with it, doesn't say much good about you.
Also, there's that pesky Ex Post Facto stuff that I know you probably don't care about and couldn't understand because it is in Latin or something.
C: "My understanding of marital rape is simplistic because it's a fairly simple concept: spouse A want sex, spouse be does not. Spouse A coerces or forces Spouse B to give them sex."
Yeah, and now you can try defining coercion. That's been one of the fun tasks of the past 30 years of Rape Law Reform. Not that I expect you to know that... you are, as you admit not a lawyer and you haven't read much of this stuff. Happy in your ignorance I suppose. Anyway, all your examples were about VIOLENCE and we were talking about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and now not only do you want to conflate RAPE with domestic violence but you also want to conflate coercion ( a much more ill defined term even legally) with force. You are a clown, for all your bluster.

Anyway dipshit, stop conflating RAPE with domestic violence and address my first link or I'll take it you concede my point that men just didn't have the right to 'smack that bitch around'.
oh Clarence, you should really stay in your weight class in the amateur league. You are so far out of your league.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

welch wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Does anyone watch the show Elementary? For the brits here, Elementary is the american knockoff of Sherlock Holmes. I was interested in checking it out, but I noticed that it is the current favorite show of Shakesville-because Joan Watson solves crimes with her "empathy" instead of Sherlock solving them with his logic. So is it a complete piece of shit or what?
Never watched it, but I meant to get around to it. If what you say is true, wow...talk about a perfect symbol of missing the point. "Let's ruin Sherlock Holmes, because feminism."

THIS! THIS IS WHAT SHOULD HAVE PEOPLE SHAKING WITH ANGER! SHAKING, I SAY! :violin:

Meh. I watched the first few episodes. It's not terribly feminist. Nor is it terribly anything.

1) it's an American show, so it has to do ratings. Which means deep thought? Nope.
2) the Sherlock folks told them "we even think you're treading on us, we will sue the fuck out of you"

So they're kind of stuck with what they can do. I mean, it's not bad, it's not great, it's just....okay.
They made the mistake of asking Steven Moffat to write for their show, basically telling BBC that they want a show like Sherlock.
If you like complex plot lines, witty banter, and nice guys who are falsely accused of misogyny, then be sure to check out other Moffat written works like Coupling and Jekyll.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Tribble wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, slightly amusing bit on Skeptics Guide this week as Queen Bee stumbles badly on the science again, over the issue what "speed" one would need to be travelling to sustain artificial gravity. One of the Novella's responds (and you can hear the "duh" in their voice) that it would be 1G.

BTW, again, the biggest reality check (and flaming embarassment) the Baboons could face is if Queen Bee was sacked from the SGU. C'mon Novella's, you know what you gotta do!
Did you miss the memo? - Principia Mathematica is a "rape manual". Deriving this stuff without reference to misogynist hate literature isn't easy.

*shrug* Ophelia, for one, is actually pretty straight when it comes to debunking extreme-feminist twaddle about science.

E.g. she had a series of posts rebutting the conspiracy theory that Mileva Maric contributed much to Einstein' theory of relativity.

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/200 ... eins-wife/
Look, I read at Butterflies and Wheels for a long, long time. I especially loved Eric McDonald's comments, etc. And there were many, many other top contributors. And I was no wall flower and left many of my own. And it was a good place, even if Myers and some other blowhards came in to pontificate (to 'set her straight') on occasion.

But when she went to FtB.... She changed. A lot. And for the worse. Became much more thin-skinned. Much more radicalized. Things that were no big deal, became big deals. Very hyper-moralistic about imagined insults and slights. Inventing stalkers and dangers that didn't exist... It got really bad.

So I left.

And it wasn't hard to do. After all, I'd left Pandagon after Marcotte came aboard and stunk it up, I left Pharyngula after Myers' lost all control and turned himself into a cyber-bully, and I've left other blogs where the writer, in seeking (or achieving) fame or power or whatever, turned him/herself into a spittle-flecked, ranking-caricature of his/her old self.

So, yes, a long-time ago she was a good blogger. But this is now, and she's not.
It wasn't overnight. Between the move to FTB and the start of A+, I noticed a pattern. OB would post something rather reasonable and even-handed, her commentators would jump on her about it, and she'd back-peddle away as fast as she can. This happened on several occasions.

I'd actually go as far as to say that OB has a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

I'm a SysAdmin who still has to do desktop support. You barely-breathing blobs wish you could do pissed-off as well as my clan.
Ok. Um, I've read this a few times now. Is this a case of spellcheck gone wrong? The "pissed-off as well as my clan" part. Well, ok ,the first sentence too. Did I miss something in this exchange?

sacha

Post by sacha »

Clarence wrote:
Just because it passes the attention of your one working braincell that there could be issues with this stuff, doesn't mean there aren't issues. All I said was there needed to be a Defense of Ignorance and some sort of Reasonableness standard when it came to how fast someone had to comply. And you threw a hissy fit.

Good job of thinking critically, dumbass.
keep digging, Clarence

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
Clarence wrote:

I call troll too.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

I'm hiring a team of 12 systems engineers who won't have to desktop support. Want to move from Fla?

sacha

Post by sacha »

katamari Damassi wrote:Oh and over at Shakesville, sympathy for the oppressed machete wielding attackers. While they don't approve of violence they certainly understand the attackers anger.

for fuck's sake.

they ran over and beheaded an innocent man for wearing a tee-shirt with a military theme.

tee-shirt... sounds familiar

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

Ok. Um, I've read this a few times now. Is this a case of spellcheck gone wrong? The "pissed-off as well as my clan" part. Well, ok ,the first sentence too. Did I miss something in this exchange?
I think that he was talking about his irritated glans.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

I think that he was talking about his irritated glans.
I think he's pretending to be one of the Scary Monastery Devils.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Aneris wrote: That's because he is, like the Mentalist, a Sherlockian character. I also like the BBC "Sherlock" better, it's brilliant. Everyone remotely interested should watch it. But it's rather short with its three feature-film lenght episodes per season. However, I still love Elementary. Even though they are more liberal with the source material and have to fill an entire american season, they manage to pay homage to the original very well. The authors are certainly Sherlock-savvy. It's more hidden but it's there. How he learns baritsu, how he keeps bees as pets. Being a drug addict, etc.
Agree about Sherlock, I love it. I particularly like all the in-jokes they throw in for people who have read the stories, such as the complete 180 of what 'RACHE' is likely to mean.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

I need some help.

Think of the 3 most vile female commenters at FTB, then look at this twitter account. Start at the bottom with the first tweet and work your way to the present.

Which one is it?

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

I want to say it's the Elf Sheriff, but it could be that other twit with all that crap after her nym.

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:
welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

I'm hiring a team of 12 systems engineers who won't have to desktop support. Want to move from Fla?

As tempting as it sounds...this is about the only place that feels like home to me. Everywhere else I go, I'm looking to move back fairly soon. Unsure why, but this place, crazy as it is, is where I belong in terms of living. Now, being a traveling motherfucker? Totally down with that. Kid's grown, and Melissa is clearly not the needy type. But I wouldn't feel right about a relo, I'd be looking to leave soon, and I think getting hired like that would be dishonest on my part.

But, if you PM me the details of the gig, I will absolutely ask around of the people I know who are highly competent, and would do you a good turn.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Skeeve wrote:I need some help.

Think of the 3 most vile female commenters at FTB, then look at this twitter account. Start at the bottom with the first tweet and work your way to the present.

Which one is it?
I looked. It was one hell of a McGlory Hole.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Which one is it?
Um...I dunnno. Caine?

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

She is one of my top 3

Voryn

Post by Voryn »

Which one is it?
Caine, Janine, and Sally are my top three. Added bonus guess for Amanda Marcotte.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

TBH, I don't really follow the Baboons closely enough to be able to differentiate them in terms of personality. It all just sort of blurs together to me. Y'all are the Jane Goodalls of FTBullies.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Gumby wrote:So, Rebecca Watson is sitting in a bar one morning, getting drunk. A man walks into the bar, comes up behind her and whispers in her ear "Hey good lookin'. How's about a rim job?"

Without saying a word, Rebecca gets up off her stool, drags the man outside, and beats him absolutely bloody to within an inch of his life. After that, she went back into the bar, sat down and continued nursing her drink.

The bartender, curious, asked her "Hey, I know it's none of my business, but if you don't mind me asking, what did that guy say to you that set you off like that?"

Watson said, "I dunno. Something about a job."

:rimshot:
I loled. Hard.

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Voryn wrote: Translation: Oh we're having a problem over here too? Well, let me just count to infinity and then we'll get on that..

Kind of hard to fix the trolls, you're a meme Silverman, you should be aware of how the internet works!
They're all on the same gravy train.
Yup. The ones on 'their side' and 'ours'.

LMU

Post by LMU »

KiwiInOz wrote:
franc wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Like it or not, @elevatorgate has done a tremendous job in documenting, following, and calling out bullshit from #ftbullies. While I don't always like the style, you can't deny his amazing work. He ought to be honored with the hashtag and radio show bearing his moniker.
Wholeheartedly agree. I tire of people frowning down there noses at the guy. He is priceless. Unlike the people that shit on him, I have actually made the effort to contact him and speak with him - he knows what he's doing and he knows when to back off in regards to JREF and similar. You don't have to like him or thank him - but he does a job that needs doing. Stop shitting on him.
Agree.

Although I suspect that Justin swims in 55 gallons of lube every morning, because the shit just slips off him and he keeps on smiling.
Agree.

Their [JV or EG] styles may not be the same as mine, but that doesn't mean what they do isn't valuable, or that they should stop or change. Seems like there is a lot of bashing, so I just wanted to voice some encouragement.

Also good point about the 55 gallons of lube. DId Justin write one of the reviews? I didn't read them all. ;)

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

I mean, I know Caine, and I've vaguely heard of Janine, and then of course there's the redhead guy, and the guy who used to be Tis Himself. And don't forget the fish guy, and the guy who named himself after an obscure Hitchhiker's character, and the OTHER guy who named himself after an obscure Hitchhiker's character, and also Jade. Beyond that, I just sort of tune out.

welch

Post by welch »

Jack wrote:
welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
Clarence wrote:

I call troll too.
Seeing the idiocy of his last few replies, I'm not as sure as I was. He could also be the MRA version of one of the FTB tits, who came over thinking it would be a big MRA circle-jerk, and is now all butt-hurt that it's not.

I mean he went from "there's never been societal approval of violence against women" to stating that because rape and domestic violence are different crimes, they have nothing to do with each other.

He's not very good at it, because his "a shove is domestic violence" example directly contradicts his earlier "things like shoves shouldn't count".

yeah, lemme give Clarence a gentle shove down a flight of stairs or off a roof, we'll see how he feels about that.

He may not be a troll, but he is about as stupid as the day is long.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Za-zen wrote:What justin chooses to say for himself, is of course, up to him. But it is pure political manipulation, the question is not what he is being asked to say, but why is he being asked to say it.
Yeah, it's a power-politics game on the part of Silverman. Really disgusting. Either man-up and say 'No' or go on the show and talk about the issues you hold dear. But this manipulative crap... For the birds... And not the cute fluffy ones...

welch

Post by welch »

bovarchist wrote:I mean, I know Caine, and I've vaguely heard of Janine, and then of course there's the redhead guy, and the guy who used to be Tis Himself. And don't forget the fish guy, and the guy who named himself after an obscure Hitchhiker's character, and the OTHER guy who named himself after an obscure Hitchhiker's character, and also Jade. Beyond that, I just sort of tune out.
It's dumb fucks, all the way down.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Anybody posted this yet? Good news from Arizona.

http://www.newser.com/story/168335/lawm ... rayer.html

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

There are new Dan Dennett videos popping up on youtube, coinciding with his new book. Here's a Googletalks video posted a few hours ago:
[youtube]4Q_mY54hjM0[/youtube].

Voryn

Post by Voryn »

bovarchist wrote:I mean, I know Caine, and I've vaguely heard of Janine, and then of course there's the redhead guy, and the guy who used to be Tis Himself. And don't forget the fish guy, and the guy who named himself after an obscure Hitchhiker's character, and the OTHER guy who named himself after an obscure Hitchhiker's character, and also Jade. Beyond that, I just sort of tune out.
Personally, I'm just assuming Caine and Janine are female. I chose those three because they all seem to mind their grammar, whereas Jadehawk not so much.

If I had to order my picks.. ehh.. that's where it gets tough. Caine would be third, from what I've seen Janine seems in tune with the Bruce, but Sally and Bruce show up together a good deal..

Janine > Sally > Caine. Power-pick Marcotte. (This is the McGlory lottery right?)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

SiSSYiGHT 2000

Post by Lsuoma »

Anyone remember SiSSYFiGHT 2000?

It's back as a kickstarter project. Wonder what Skep/FfT/Plus would make of that?

A+Theists would shit their panties, I'm sure.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Plonk wrote:There are new Dan Dennett videos popping up on youtube, coinciding with his new book. Here's a Googletalks video posted a few hours ago:
[youtube]4Q_mY54hjM0[/youtube].
Well plonked down, thanks!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

JayTeeAitch wrote:I see Silverman has taken Vacula up on his offer:

https://twitter.com/justinvacula/status ... 6179948545

Cue backlash and then backpeddle...

Making the acceptance a sweet pill of lolz, Myers had previously posted: http://tinyurl.com/pngmmkw

David Silverman, a principled atheist

Atheism

by PZ Myers

Go to twitter now: David Silverman (@MrAtheistPants) is tearing the atheist trolls a new one. This is really what I like to see: a leader of a major atheist organization taking an unambiguous stand against this ulcer in our midst, and repudiating the spammy, photoshopping, lying behavior of the anti-feminist clique.

How much do I appreciate it? With my dollars. My wife is going to sign us up for a lifetime membership in American Atheists while I’m away. It’s not a casual investment, so not everyone can do that, but you could send them a donation to let the organization know that you like a leader with a spine.
lolz. I wonder if that contribution will be made now...

Myers is an idiot. Don't crow in the 3rd quarter, the game ain't over until the fat lady screams "Mansplaining" and "Patriarchy."

Post by Guest »

welch wrote: Seeing the idiocy of his last few replies, I'm not as sure as I was. He could also be the MRA version of one of the FTB tits, who came over thinking it would be a big MRA circle-jerk, and is now all butt-hurt that it's not.

I mean he went from "there's never been societal approval of violence against women" to stating that because rape and domestic violence are different crimes, they have nothing to do with each other.

He's not very good at it, because his "a shove is domestic violence" example directly contradicts his earlier "things like shoves shouldn't count".

yeah, lemme give Clarence a gentle shove down a flight of stairs or off a roof, we'll see how he feels about that.

He may not be a troll, but he is about as stupid as the day is long.
Based on the writing style I am 99% sure he's an MRA I've seen on reddit named Crosshook.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Voryn wrote:
Personally, I'm just assuming Caine and Janine are female. I chose those three because they all seem to mind their grammar, whereas Jadehawk not so much.

If I had to order my picks.. ehh.. that's where it gets tough. Caine would be third, from what I've seen Janine seems in tune with the Bruce, but Sally and Bruce show up together a good deal..

Janine > Sally > Caine. Power-pick Marcotte. (This is the McGlory lottery right?)
I would replace Sally with Illuminata, Genie in the Beer Bottle. Sally doesn't seem like the sock type.

Janine or Illuminata are my best two, Caine third. But I can't get it any close than that at this time. :(

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Tribble wrote:Making the acceptance a sweet pill of lolz, Myers had previously posted: http://tinyurl.com/pngmmkw

David Silverman, a principled atheist

Atheism

by PZ Myers

Go to twitter now: David Silverman (@MrAtheistPants) is tearing the atheist trolls a new one. This is really what I like to see: a leader of a major atheist organization taking an unambiguous stand against this ulcer in our midst, and repudiating the spammy, photoshopping, lying behavior of the anti-feminist clique.

How much do I appreciate it? With my dollars. My wife is going to sign us up for a lifetime membership in American Atheists while I’m away. It’s not a casual investment, so not everyone can do that, but you could send them a donation to let the organization know that you like a leader with a spine.
As opposed to one we know whose affinity for invertebrates might reflect his own lack of said structure?

Git

Post by Git »

Aneris wrote:
I wouldn't put it past them to claim that "tomorrow will belong to them" in all honesty.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Skeeve wrote:
Voryn wrote:

I would replace Sally with Illuminata, Genie in the Beer Bottle. Sally doesn't seem like the sock type.

Janine or Illuminata are my best two, Caine third. But I can't get it any closer than that at this time. :(
Probably just as well, based on that twitter feed - you might get bitten. ;)