Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Cunning Punt

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Cunning Punt »

zenbabe wrote:Franc indulged in elaborate name calling. But "personal" is more like what she's doing to Skep, semi-outing her by using her first name publicly, finding an email address for her via a friend, insinuating she knows more personal information she could out so Skep better watch what she says. She has a history of using her feelings as an excuse to tear people up in real life.

Franc's insults might be vivid and vicious but the things she tries to pull, due to her sensibilities, are supremely shitty. I can understand Franc's language way more than I can understand her actions.
I mean "personal" in terms of what it means to the person writing it, not what they do to someone's real identity in real life. Wishing someone would be sent to hell, if only as rhetoric, is ridiculous when your crime is writing a blog, no matter how stupid and dogmatic your blog is. It reminds me of one of the baboons on Pharyngula calling Sam Harris a "moral monster". What's Ted Bundy then?

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Hi Sub, this is the second time this week she's blackmailed someone she doesn't like.

The mentions are in this thread.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... /stalking/

I was surprised she allowed Skep's posts out of moderation, but I suspect it's only to garner her flock to side to make herself feel better. And "right".

@ERV: her work email huh. Yeesh.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Cunning Punt wrote:
zenbabe wrote:Franc indulged in elaborate name calling. But "personal" is more like what she's doing to Skep, semi-outing her by using her first name publicly, finding an email address for her via a friend, insinuating she knows more personal information she could out so Skep better watch what she says. She has a history of using her feelings as an excuse to tear people up in real life.

Franc's insults might be vivid and vicious but the things she tries to pull, due to her sensibilities, are supremely shitty. I can understand Franc's language way more than I can understand her actions.
I mean "personal" in terms of what it means to the person writing it, not what they do to someone's real identity in real life. Wishing someone would be sent to hell, if only as rhetoric, is ridiculous when your crime is writing a blog, no matter how stupid and dogmatic your blog is. It reminds me of one of the baboons on Pharyngula calling Sam Harris a "moral monster". What's Ted Bundy then?
Hell seems to be non-existant. Make of that what you will.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Amazing that Skep Tickle gets a nudge-nudge wink-wink "I know who you are" threat and told to go away for being perfectly reasonable, yet O.B.'s response to a comment that would probably be actionable for defamation anywhere outside of the U.S. is "[...] No. Come on. Don't stoop to their level. [...]"

Or perhaps it isn't that amazing.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Kareem wrote:I just want to point out the irony of someone who talks a lot about being harassed and the harassment of women is now threatening to release the personal details of another woman for disagreeing with her.
For any visitors reading this who want to know why people have a problem with A+, this is it.
I'd love for someone to explain to me how this is reasonable, rational, or compassionate.
Because Patriarchy (TM).

You're welcome.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Eh I meant what I said I think that content or context free insults are basically noise and only adds to the drama racket that some people want to create.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Cunning Punt wrote:

Perpetuating the belief that it's a worthwhile endeavor to obsess over the ways in which the world is unfair is pretty annoying. Better to build herself and others up. But that isn't what she does on her blog, from what I've seen. Although it sounds as though she wasn't always like this. Still, I don't think the fight is about the "stupid and dogmatic" blog. It's about invading meat space, and feeling justified to do so purely from hurt feelings.

Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone would get too worked up about what Franc says sometimes, not everyone's going to care for that kind of tasmanian devil venting. It doesn't reflect on anyone except him. Some people like to play on the very uppermost edge of the line and they're bound to go over sometimes (though I don't think he did go over line.. I have a black sense of humor).

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Karmakin wrote:Eh I meant what I said I think that content or context free insults are basically noise and only adds to the drama racket that some people want to create.
And I still agree with you.

Dave

Post by Dave »

ERV wrote:
Kareem wrote:I just want to point out the irony of someone who talks a lot about being harassed and the harassment of women is now threatening to release the personal details of another woman for disagreeing with her.
For any visitors reading this who want to know why people have a problem with A+, this is it.
I'd love for someone to explain to me how this is reasonable, rational, or compassionate.
And by using her professional email, there is the professional threat there too.

Factory standard tactic of FfTBers/Skepchicks/anti-vaxers-- Go after someones job.

*Never* had a Creationist or HIV Denier pull these stunts on me.
Since Welch isnt around to say it, I will -- Its because Slymepitters are Fair Game.

We should come up with the Slymepit version of SP levels -- https://whyweprotest.net/community/thre ... gy.108230/

SP1 - Critizing FTB/A+/Skepchicks
SP2 - Having been told to "Check your privilege"
SP3 - Being banned.
SP4 - Doxxing threatened
SP5 - Having been doxxed.
???

Dunno, feel free to come up with your own.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:

Hell seems to be non-existant. Make of that what you will.
That's why I said, "as rhetoric". It reads to me as "I want the worst possible things imaginable to happen to you".

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:Hurt you precious fee-fees?
I think that franc issued a legitmate challenge to your assertion that he was promoting hate which deserves a response one way or the other. Either you can step up with some proof of your assertion, or you can mock in leu of defending your position.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Mykeru wrote: In any case, you've be amazed how hard it is to think when it flares up. Unless I really focus, I could end up agreeing with Cunt.
Yawn, you still butthurt I correctly guessed at your motivation?

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Hurt you precious fee-fees?
I think that franc issued a legitmate challenge to your assertion that he was promoting hate which deserves a response one way or the other. Either you can step up with some proof of your assertion, or you can mock in leu of defending your position.
There was one here a couple of pages back. Something about "dried raisin ovaries".

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Dave wrote:
ERV wrote:
And by using her professional email, there is the professional threat there too.

Factory standard tactic of FfTBers/Skepchicks/anti-vaxers-- Go after someones job.

Since Welch isnt around to say it, I will -- Its because Slymepitters are Fair Game.

We should come up with the Slymepit version of SP levels -- https://whyweprotest.net/community/thre ... gy.108230/

SP1 - Critizing FTB/A+/Skepchicks
SP2 - Having been told to "Check your privilege"
SP3 - Being banned.
SP4 - Doxxing threatened
SP5 - Having been doxxed.
???

Dunno, feel free to come up with your own.
SP6 - Lost your job because of Baboons.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

ERV wrote:

The Church of Scientology used to do this and had the added advantage of having the necessary wherewithal to hire PIs and sue their critics. Even in England!

They used doxxing long before most FfTbs and Aplussers discovered the internet. Or in some cases, were born, I guess.

Ah, and who can forget Helena Kobrin and her attempt to rmgroup alt.religion.scientology? Good times, good times.

Why anyone would want to be associated with the CoS by using the same smearing and silencing techniques, though, I don't understand. :think:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Trophy wrote:Of course Franc is not a hate-mongerer. He spreads love all the time. Specially when he posts shit like this:
franc wrote: Ophelia, I spit on your dried wheat sexless cunt. I ejaculate on your dried raisin ovaries. Zwan, your beached whale cunt is not even erotic to japanese. McCrate - even bestialists erections would wither. Fuck you cunts. Fuck you. Hell is too nice a place.
To me that appears to show personal animosity. It isn't promoting hate amoungst others, but it does show his or her personal contempt for them. I of course would prefer to see that quote in the context that is was presented. At this point I am sick to death of quote mining. For all I know that could be part of a larger critic used to make a point.

On the flip side, I am not a mind reader. Franc, is that, or is that not a showing of personal animosity or disdain for those individuals? If it isn't, what exactly is it? Plugging away at someone's appearance and personal insecurities isn't exactly high class behavior.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Dave ninja'ed me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Am I the only one
who thinks it's funny
that Rebecca Watson's blind friend
is butthurt because
no one offered him coffee at a conference?

He's also mad that the conference staff didn't
help him find the elevator.

Typical male atheist: putting his own comfort ahead of the safety of women.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

I like clever insults better than just about anybody. But I'm not okay with genuine viciousness. The funny thing is, I'm actually nervous about posting that statement. I've never felt nervous about posting ANYTHING on the Slymepit before. I've never had to worry, until now, that a simple statement of opinion might expose me to a barrage of abuse. That's much too close to FTB territory for my liking.

decius

Post by decius »

Franc, what the fuck does "you can pretend they weren't intentional bombs" mean? No one has alleged a lack of intentionality, quite the opposite.

This disingenuous crap, coupled with the fact that you forsake your considerable skills in order to debase this place and your own public image is truly puzzling to me.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

bovarchist wrote:I like clever insults better than just about anybody. But I'm not okay with genuine viciousness. The funny thing is, I'm actually nervous about posting that statement. I've never felt nervous about posting ANYTHING on the Slymepit before. I've never had to worry, until now, that a simple statement of opinion might expose me to a barrage of abuse. That's much too close to FTB territory for my liking.

Fear of abuse from not being abusive enough? My FSM, have we become the abyss we've stared into for so long?

Southern

Post by Southern »

decius wrote:Franc, what the fuck does "you can pretend they weren't intentional bombs" mean? No one has alleged a lack of intentionality, quite the opposite.

This disingenuous crap, coupled with the fact that you forsake your considerable skills in order to debase this place and your own public image is truly puzzling to me.
I would guess it's on the lines of "the Faint Couch Brigade is always lurking here to get offended, so let me offend their precious sensibilities."

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:[...] Anyway, what's Ophelia's real name? Surely no-one is actually called "Ophelia Benson" outside of some low budget 1920's melodrama. "Miss Benson regrets, she's unable to lunch today..."
Her parents should have called Mercedes... :rimshot:

decius

Post by decius »

Southern wrote: I would guess it's on the lines of "the Faint Couch Brigade is always lurking here to get offended, so let me offend their precious sensibilities."
Probably so. A preposterously weak excuse for inexcusable content.

Your honour, I indeed smacked the victim, but I did so only because he was around at the time and is prone to bruising.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Taslima Nasreen using less than PC language!
@taslimanasreen: U fucked up internal fanatic pathetic Paki!RT @ShahidRafik who d hell r u 2 coment on our internal issues,u sucking bitch just shut ur mouth
The first part is her reponding to the idiot who called her a 'sucking bitch' by calling him a 'pathetic Paki!'
:naughty:

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

bovarchist wrote:I like clever insults better than just about anybody. But I'm not okay with genuine viciousness. The funny thing is, I'm actually nervous about posting that statement. I've never felt nervous about posting ANYTHING on the Slymepit before. I've never had to worry, until now, that a simple statement of opinion might expose me to a barrage of abuse. That's much too close to FTB territory for my liking.
Go die in a porcupine fire.

Kidding, actually I agree with you, at least with the first part. I'm not worried at all about posting unpopular opinions here. Even if you were subjected to abuse, the difference between here and FTB is that here, it would be from individuals and not a collective, and you wouldn't be banned to prevent you from defending yourself. That's IMO the most important part of the pit.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

I don't think you need to feel nervous. These shouting matches happen every few months here, by the end someone goes off in a huff, and then things carry on. Occasionally someone tries to hammer in a nail with a screwdriver. I think it's safe to say there are a fair number of people here who will take your side if you get unfairly shouted at for just voicing your opinion.

And for that matter, I agree with you. Clever insults I appreciate, but not viciousness. Not that I will tell anyone else how to act, but that's my opinion.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Submariner wrote:A blog post I penned about AVfM and the MRM.

http://submanusn.blogspot.com/
Good blog post, Subman.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Aneris wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:[...] Anyway, what's Ophelia's real name? Surely no-one is actually called "Ophelia Benson" outside of some low budget 1920's melodrama. "Miss Benson regrets, she's unable to lunch today..."
Her parents should have called Mercedes... :rimshot:
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... ternet.jpg

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Zenspace wrote:

Good blog post, Subman.
Thanks Zenspace.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Zenspace wrote:

Good blog post, Subman.
I have to admit, I didn't read this because of the page layout. Why is the main column so narrow? Subman, if you happen to be completely technologically inept (and there's nothing wrong with that), I wouldn't mind helping you set up a basic wordpress blog.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

TedDahlberg wrote:
I don't think you need to feel nervous. These shouting matches happen every few months here, by the end someone goes off in a huff, and then things carry on. Occasionally someone tries to hammer in a nail with a screwdriver. I think it's safe to say there are a fair number of people here who will take your side if you get unfairly shouted at for just voicing your opinion.

And for that matter, I agree with you. Clever insults I appreciate, but not viciousness. Not that I will tell anyone else how to act, but that's my opinion.
^This.

The three downfall subs had me howling with laughter, franc's outbreaks just remind me of D.H. Lawrence letter to Katherine Mansfield:
'I loathe you. You revolt festering in your consumption. You are a loathsome reptile - I hope you will die.
Not very original, especially after all these years.

Is it too early to post Stephen Fry's talk about language in Nazi Germany again?

What the heck! Here you go!

[youtube]ohrtFuxUzZE[/youtube]

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

Good blog post, Subman.
I have to admit, I didn't read this because of the page layout. Why is the main column so narrow? Subman, if you happen to be completely technologically inept (and there's nothing wrong with that), I wouldn't mind helping you set up a basic wordpress blog.
the width is perfectly okay. Narrower widths are easier to read. However, he should be finding a background image that spans the whole background and is static, and a little less noisy.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

Good blog post, Subman.

Check it now. Better? Also, sure I would appreciate any assistance. PM me with what you need from me or to exchange e-mail.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Taslima Nasreen using less than PC language!
@taslimanasreen: U fucked up internal fanatic pathetic Paki!RT @ShahidRafik who d hell r u 2 coment on our internal issues,u sucking bitch just shut ur mouth
The first part is her reponding to the idiot who called her a 'sucking bitch' by calling him a 'pathetic Paki!'
Bwhahaha. I wonder how far she can push it until it warrants a half-assed post by PZ and the co on how uncool it is to use racial slurs. BTW, pit a Pakistani against an Indian and you'll sure end up with a hell fire of insults. It works on every forum.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Gumby wrote:
FrankGrimes wrote:I'm more than happy with what Justin "hashtag" Vacula is doing, hence my donation.

We all know he's a brave hero but he can't do everything. Should we be pissed off at him because he's not in Africa at the moment helping the starving children too?

Also, I doubt he's aiming at getting to $160, 000. He doesn't come across as the kind of person that would rip people off.

The pressure needs to be kept on these people and better in be done in real life.
I don't think he's trying to "rip people off", I think it's just a waste of time and money, that's all. Justin supposedly is about atheism and separation of church and state issues, but him begging for money so that he can troll another women's conference is all about Justin doing a stunt, nothing more.

Once = making somewhat of a point about not letting oneself be excluded from the community by a bunch of thugs in cheap hipster glasses. Any more than that it's just a self-serving stunt.

Of course, this is just my opinion, as Andrew always says "YMMV"
I thought that JV's going to WISC2 was more of a stunt because he wasn't going to change the minds of any of the SJWs, but I'm glad he went. Because of him, everyone involved got a glimpse at how ridiculous the FfTBers are. I think there's opportunity in Ireland for Justin to do some real good as the Irish atheists have not yet succumbed to the FfTB stupidity.
This is similar to my take on it. AI will be a very different environment than WiSC and I suspect far less potentially volatile. It has been made clear via the relevant tweet history that some AI members recognize the FC(n) bunch for the bullshitting drama queens they really are. I suspect that Vacula may find a more welcoming atmosphere from at least some of the AI membership and guests. Vacula might not be my first choice of emmissary, but he is apparently the only one with the time, chops and interest to go, so there you have it.

As a related aside, I recognize that there may well be a bit of an 'in-your-face' component on Vacula's part. But if so, so what? One thing I've learned over the years, and Vacula may be considered something of an example, is that you create many of your own enemies. A large part of the growing masses critical of FftB are people that they attacked in some form or other for not properly toeing the FftB party line. If the FftB crowd hadn't gone after JV the way they had, for no good reason other than to demonstrate they had the capability of taking someone out after failing with Dawkins and Grothe, and then carried that vendetta waaaay past anything remotely reasonable, it is quite possible (likely?) that JV wouldn't be paying any attention to them at all. They made their own bed. I say fuck 'em, let them sleep in it. They are actually fortunate that they didn't pull that crap with someone like Mykeru, who demonstrated spectacularly the practice of returning offense tenfold.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

I'm sorry but I find that statement a bit ridiculous. Do you think OB, RW, and PZ have been targets of a barrage of abuse from pit? Because no matter what you post here, there is no way in hell that pitters will come up with rebuttals that surpass in intensity the criticism and the rhetroric that has been targetted to those individuals.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Zenspace wrote:
This is similar to my take on it. AI will be a very different environment than WiSC and I suspect far less potentially volatile. It has been made clear via the relevant tweet history that some AI members recognize the FC(n) bunch for the bullshitting drama queens they really are. I suspect that Vacula may find a more welcoming atmosphere from at least some of the AI membership and guests. Vacula might not be my first choice of emmissary, but he is apparently the only one with the time, chops and interest to go, so there you have it.

As a related aside, I recognize that there may well be a bit of an 'in-your-face' component on Vacula's part. But if so, so what? One thing I've learned over the years, and Vacula may be considered something of an example, is that you create many of your own enemies. A large part of the growing masses critical of FftB are people that they attacked in some form or other for not properly toeing the FftB party line. If the FftB crowd hadn't gone after JV the way they had, for no good reason other than to demonstrate they had the capability of taking someone out after failing with Dawkins and Grothe, and then carried that vendetta waaaay past anything remotely reasonable, it is quite possible (likely?) that JV wouldn't be paying any attention to them at all. They made their own bed. I say fuck 'em, let them sleep in it. They are actually fortunate that they didn't pull that crap with someone like Mykeru, who demonstrated spectacularly the practice of returning offense tenfold.

Vacula's pushback has been relatively mild, I agree. He has at every turn offered to have discussions with those who vilify him. So far I haven't seen anyone take him up on his offer, with the possible exception of EBW. (Who I'm following on twitter and thoroughly enjoying her output there, and not in a lulzy way either.)

curriejean

Post by curriejean »

Aneris wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

Good blog post, Subman.
the width is perfectly okay. Narrower widths are easier to read. However, he should be finding a background image that spans the whole background and is static, and a little less noisy.
Seconding Aneris's comment. Might even be good just to remove the background image entirely and keep the navy blue which is visible before the background loads. The colours work well together and it'll keep readers' attention on the words.

And good post, by the way. I'm still torn on how AVfM should present itself in terms of 'register her' and their few 'gotcha' articles. At what point does conceding to these criticisms amount to giving in to the biases they're trying to confront? I would argue that the intent of the 'women like being raped -- nope gotcha!' piece is legitimate, but executed poorly (too little explanation after the gotcha). While I've seen a lot of debate/discussion about this stuff in many places, I haven't yet seen any of the site's heavy lifters weigh in, so I wonder how aware they are of these issues.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Trophy wrote:
I'm sorry but I find that statement a bit ridiculous. Do you think OB, RW, and PZ have been targets of a barrage of abuse from pit? Because no matter what you post here, there is no way in hell that pitters will come up with rebuttals that surpass in intensity the criticism and the rhetroric that has been targetted to those individuals.
No, it was actually a reference to Franc. I felt a line had been crossed.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Trophy wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Taslima Nasreen using less than PC language!
Bwhahaha. I wonder how far she can push it until it warrants a half-assed post by PZ and the co on how uncool it is to use racial slurs. BTW, pit a Pakistani against an Indian and you'll sure end up with a hell fire of insults. It works on every forum.
Taslima is Bangladeshi so should get along just fine with Pakistanis :rimshot:

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Am I the only one who thinks Submariner's icon looks like a rapey hat?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Aunt Ophelia dedicates a record length piece of nearly 150 own words to Skep Tickle.
Ophelia Benson wrote:So why does she hide behind a nym then? Well it’s obvious, isn’t it. She hides her identity when she’s engaging in harassment and bullying, and she does that because she doesn’t want people to know what a vicious hobby she has. She’s ashamed of it, or if she’s not ashamed of it, she at least realizes that other people would think what she does is shameful. I know that’s what I think.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Just gave a small donation to help get JV to Ireland. Looks like he has about $620 to go to reach his $3500 target.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/send- ... -in-dublin

I hope he makes his goal in time to get plans all sorted out. I do like the alternative suggestion of donating conference registration fees to any Ireland locals that otherwise couldn't afford it if there is any excess funds. (Or partial "scholarships", if the amount is less than a single registration fee.) That would be good PR.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Aneris wrote:Aunt Ophelia dedicates a record length piece of nearly 150 own words to Skep Tickle.
Ophelia Benson wrote:So why does she hide behind a nym then? Well it’s obvious, isn’t it. She hides her identity when she’s engaging in harassment and bullying, and she does that because she doesn’t want people to know what a vicious hobby she has. She’s ashamed of it, or if she’s not ashamed of it, she at least realizes that other people would think what she does is shameful. I know that’s what I think.
Skeppers, OCC is clearly gradually doxxing you - she probably spent the last 48 hours frantically googling for all the information she could find, and now she's trickling it out bit by bit.

What a petty, sleazy shit-bag that woman is.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Aneris wrote:Aunt Ophelia dedicates a record length piece of nearly 150 own words to Skep Tickle.
Posting with a 'nym ===> criticism = harassment ===> can be safely ignored.

But just in case they get too sassy, we can threaten to dox them. Publicly.

Skep Tickle isn't the one who ought to be ashamed here, Nanny McFeeFee.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

bovarchist wrote:No, it was actually a reference to Franc. I felt a line had been crossed.
Hmmm... I am probably countering an above point of mine above, but what makes it acceptable for the people Franc insulted (Rebbeca, Ophelia, what's-her-name), but not for Franc to insult them in turn? Is it that he is much better at it than they are?

Let's be honest here. Who has not tossed out insults to others on-line. It is a very human thing to do. And I would welcome anyone pointing me to an individual who is so clean that they can cast the first stone when it comes to insults.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

bovarchist wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Submariner's icon looks like a rapey hat?
What is a rapey hat? :think:

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Submariner wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

Good blog post, Subman.

Check it now. Better? Also, sure I would appreciate any assistance. PM me with what you need from me or to exchange e-mail.
Check yer PMs, subdude.

cunt

Post by cunt »

curriejean wrote: I'm still torn on how AVfM should present itself in terms of 'register her' and their few 'gotcha' articles. At what point does conceding to these criticisms amount to giving in to the biases they're trying to confront? I would argue that the intent of the 'women like being raped -- nope gotcha!' piece is legitimate, but executed poorly (too little explanation after the gotcha). While I've seen a lot of debate/discussion about this stuff in many places, I haven't yet seen any of the site's heavy lifters weigh in, so I wonder how aware they are of these issues.

It's pretty naive to imagine they're just totally oblivious to the criticism it gets. Sometimes silence really does speak volumes.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Eskarina wrote:
bovarchist wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Submariner's icon looks like a rapey hat?
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachme ... at-hat.jpg

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Lsuoma wrote:
Skeppers, OCC is clearly gradually doxxing you - she probably spent the last 48 hours frantically googling for all the information she could find, and now she's trickling it out bit by bit.

As Zvan was responding rather quickly, it's a reasonable assumption that she gave information to Benson (via Nugent's dialog and that some connection took place via Facebook).

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Lsuoma wrote:

But, but...she's being nice to skep tickle!
Batshit Benson wrote:And here we are protecting her secret for her. That’s nice of us, don’t you think? We’re protecting her ability to talk shit about us without consequences. Does she thank us for it? No she does not. Does she stop talking shit about us? Don’t be silly.
Look how nice she is!

Oh...wait. Did I say nice? I meant passive-aggressive bullshit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Aneris wrote:
As Zvan was responding rather quickly, it's a reasonable assumption that she gave information to Benson (via Nugent's dialog and that some connection took place via Facebook).
That was my assumption too - the Huge Zvanatee and OCC are clearly collaborating on this.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Lsuoma wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachme ... at-hat.jpg
Won't someone have mercy? I'm sure I'll dream of Vacula with an Hercule Poirot moustache tonight .

cunt

Post by cunt »

It'd be nice if she produced a single example of Skep-Tickle talking shit about her. Off the top of my head, I can't actually remember one.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Batshit Benson wrote:And here we are protecting her secret for her. That’s nice of us, don’t you think? We’re protecting her ability to talk shit about us without consequences. Does she thank us for it? No she does not. Does she stop talking shit about us? Don’t be silly.
Look how nice she is!

Am I the only one who thinks she sounds like Gollum, my precioussssss?

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

I'm guessing bullying and harassment is just posting here, right?
Ms. Benson wrote:And here we are protecting her secret for her. That’s nice of us, don’t you think?
She already revealed part of Skep's identity, so I'm guessing this is just another veiled threat. This is exactly like scientology. I remember watching videos of Scilons walking into their building while protestors were being assaulted or threatened. When you asked them how they could support it, they'd say "these people are the most ethical people in the world."
If you don't want people talking about you, don't be an asshole.
[youtube]Wap4gVDvjLo[/youtube]

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Eskarina wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Look how nice she is!

Am I the only one who thinks she sounds like Gollum, my precioussssss?
[youtube]JLX7rrObmyA[/youtube]

Altair

Post by Altair »

cunt wrote:
curriejean wrote: I'm still torn on how AVfM should present itself in terms of 'register her' and their few 'gotcha' articles. At what point does conceding to these criticisms amount to giving in to the biases they're trying to confront? I would argue that the intent of the 'women like being raped -- nope gotcha!' piece is legitimate, but executed poorly (too little explanation after the gotcha). While I've seen a lot of debate/discussion about this stuff in many places, I haven't yet seen any of the site's heavy lifters weigh in, so I wonder how aware they are of these issues.

It's pretty naive to imagine they're just totally oblivious to the criticism it gets. Sometimes silence really does speak volumes.
There is an article that seems like a follow-up where Paul Elam exposes more of his ideas behind the original article. It would have worked better with another title, IMO, but it contains more explanation than the original one.