Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by AndrewV69 »

Dave wrote: Im a bit in awe actually, a 13 year troll. My (racist) hat is off to howard hershey. :lol:
At the risk of revealing the fact that I have been hiding under a rock and/or living in the sticks, not to mention betraying a profound ignorance ...

Who is Howard Hershey and why should I care?

Sad Panda

Post by Sad Panda »

Metalogic42 wrote:It's amusing to think that he estimates only 30% of us are skep tickle, when it's closer to 90%, but fess up. Which 10% of you are the Christians?
I once felt up a girl named Christian, does that count?

treestump

Post by treestump »

Zenspace wrote:
treestump wrote:
Zenspace wrote:Sent to the CFI Board. Feel free to copy and/or modify to use yourself if so inclined. Never know, it might actually help make a difference:

Dear Secretary Flynn and CFI Board of Directors:
If I wanted to write a parody of Josh Spokesgay trying to infiltrate the slymepit, it would sound like this.
Good snark, but you might want to consider that I made no comment regarding your posts here. I did, however, follow the link provided out of curiosity, agreed with the sentiment expressed as well as the suggestion to send a letter to CFI and followed through on I what I found to be an excellent idea.

Have a nice day! :mrgreen:
I know you didn't, but the snark was getting a bit snarky, so I was going at it... sorry :)

Great letter man. Whether people send short or long mails, the more the better so it's great stuff; probably numbers will be important when CFI meet on this. If every one of the sanctimonious anti-humour RadFem brigade from WiS2 write ranting, cis-aware, slightly psychotic emails accusing Ron Lindsay of effectively raping them with his speech, while all of the reason-and-rational brigade send rational and sensible emails (like yours) then it'll be a no-brainer for CFI to dismiss the rabid lunatics.

I just hope that CFI are rational and sane and that 1) they don't fire this guy just to appease these lazy hate-filled idiots, and 2) they don't make some big apology to FtB (god, if they make an apology, just imagine PZ Myers gibbering about it for the next 2 months).
Are there any lawyers on this forum? Is there no way to just get Ophelia a 20 year prison sentence for the her crimes against humanity and for being a disgustingly dishonest, deceitful, delusional and shitty human being?? Our society has big problems if people like her and PZ Myers are allowed to walk the streets with their hatemongering.

oh, one of the reasons I was banned from FtB was for simply creating an account at Slymepit. Nerd of Redhead pointed it out to them all (though I don't know how he could have known without lurking here??) and they all pointed at me like that end scene of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" and I was banhammered immediately. Just joining Slymepit is a mortal sin. The delusional paranoia of the FtB idiots is incredible.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Apples

Post by Apples »

treestump wrote:one of the reasons I was banned from FtB was for simply creating an account at Slymepit. Nerd of Redhead pointed it out to them all (though I don't know how he could have known without lurking here??) and they all pointed at me like that end scene of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" and I was banhammered immediately.
Link?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

treestump wrote: oh, one of the reasons I was banned from FtB was for simply creating an account at Slymepit. Nerd of Redhead pointed it out to them all (though I don't know how he could have known without lurking here??) and they all pointed at me like that end scene of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" and I was banhammered immediately. Just joining Slymepit is a mortal sin. The delusional paranoia of the FtB idiots is incredible.
Wait...you posted at FTB??? That's a cannable offense here!!!

http://tobewell.areavoices.com/files/20 ... in-can.jpg

Hop in.

Dave

Post by Dave »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Dave wrote: Im a bit in awe actually, a 13 year troll. My (racist) hat is off to howard hershey. :lol:
At the risk of revealing the fact that I have been hiding under a rock and/or living in the sticks, not to mention betraying a profound ignorance ...

Who is Howard Hershey and why should I care?
Howard Hershey was a poster in the newsgroup talk.origins back in the late 90s, when both myself and a certain Paul Myers were posting there regularly. Hershey was one of the more knowledgeable, calm and thorough posters, which naturally enraged the creationists to no end. One poster, I believe it was Peter Nykos (a math professor), started claiming that the people who were arguing against him were all Howard Hersey sock puppets. (Much like a certain FTB blogger recently.) We all thought this was very humorous and afterwards would often claim that we are all howard hershey (he didnt capitalize his name in posts) socks in response to creationists' accusations of groupthink.

As to why you should care? You probably shouldnt, it just amused me to see the parallels between that situation and the one now with skep tickle, particularly with the fact that Paul Zachary Mesioghhseit* is taking a different side now. So I went back and found post where he "admits" to being a hershey sock-puppet for shits and giggles.

*It was another in joke to misspell PZ's name as outrageously as possible. Sort of a reaction to creationists always sticking an extra e in there.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Seems slow in here today. Is everybody off reading El Goonish Shive?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

acathode wrote:
ERV wrote: <snip>

Re Skep tickle and 'sock puppets'--
There is a difference between using different handles and sock puppeting. I use, and have used, different handles over the course of time/different places/forums. I dont care when commentors change name on ERV.

The 'problem' is when someone, in the same thread, is using multiple handles to give the impression that lots of people support their position, or, just arguing with themselves for trolling. That is sock puppeting. Not changing your handle.
You didn't get the memo? The definition of sock puppets was changed quite a few months ago, during Curiosity-gate, so that the banning of Dillahunty could be justified.... and now don't try dragging out that old dictionary, by now you should be well aware of that we also changed the definition of "lose" so that anyone who tried arguing the meaning of a word by using a dictionary automatically lost the debate!

.... btw, did you get the other memo about how we changed the definition to harassment, so that now even owning a dictionary constitutes harassment? After all, they are just FULL of triggering words and wrong definitions! If you own one, you really ought to do the sensible thing and burn it!
Ah, I’d forgotten that that is actually a position that at least some in that rather benighted camp actually espouse – and one that they should be making some efforts to divorce themselves from (so to speak):
65 jenniferphillips
January 17, 2013 at 9:46 pm (UTC -5)

I think there needs to be some internet law, á lá Godwin and Scopie, whereby invoking a dictionary
definition as part of your argument results in forfeit.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Metalogic42 wrote:
treestump wrote: oh, one of the reasons I was banned from FtB was for simply creating an account at Slymepit. Nerd of Redhead pointed it out to them all (though I don't know how he could have known without lurking here??) and they all pointed at me like that end scene of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" and I was banhammered immediately. Just joining Slymepit is a mortal sin. The delusional paranoia of the FtB idiots is incredible.
I just flashed on Benson in a Lector mask. "A census-taker tried to test me once. I committed a cannable offense..."

treestump

Post by treestump »

Ericb wrote:All skepticism and no anger make PZ a dull boy. He's addicted to adrenaline.
hehe, fuck, I forgot how fucked up Mark E. Smith looked. Is he still alive ?
We had proper popstars back in those days; barely intelligible, barely human, but The Fall were great.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Steersman wrote: Ah, I’d forgotten that that is actually a position that at least some in that rather benighted camp actually espouse – and one that they should be making some efforts to divorce themselves from (so to speak):
65 jenniferphillips

I think there needs to be some internet law, á lá Godwin and Scopie, whereby invoking a dictionary
Your post inspired me to do a google search, and what I found out is that they don't dislike dictionaries, they really really hate them with a passion:

http://www.google.com.co/#q=site:freeth ... 80&bih=878

The posts found by that search are all saying that dictionary definitions are illegitimate, incomplete and used in bad faith.

Except one, that time when the dictionary decided to change the definition of misogyny to encompass prejudice, because of that Gillard politician person. That time dictionaries were our friends :dance:

What surprises me is how so few people are able to see that this rejection of dictionary definitions is nothing else than a transparent attempt to control people by changing the meaning of words to suit their ideas and ideologies, and to pressure others to use THEIR definition. FTB resembles a cult more and more every day.

codelette

Post by codelette »

bovarchist wrote:
Skeptic_Duh wrote:Something interesting - wonder what the FTB crowd will say about it...

In SheZow, a 12-year-old boy accidentally puts on a magic ring that turns him into a female superhero, known as SheZow. It's an excuse for lots of fish-out-of-water comedy and some personal growth.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18pas5s ... bigpic.jpg

take away line :
the main character Guy "fancies himself an extreme dude" and has his own macho catch phrase, "It's a GUY thing."

http://io9.com/gender-swapping-superher ... -510526967
I wonder if the creator has ever read El Goonish Shive? It's used gender switching as a major plot device for over a decade. Plus mad scientists, furries, aliens, magic, and teen angst. It's awesomely bizarre. http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?arcid=11

Plus, 'Grace's Birthday Party' was one of the sweetest gay love stories I've ever read.
That was also the premise behind one character in Robotech: Mospeada. The character's name was Lancer/Yellow Dancer.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Kevin wrote:I’ve come to the conclusion that the “pit” consists of:

10% “real” people — Vacula, Paden, Mayhew.
50% trolls — people who don’t care one way or another about the issues at hand, but are just there for the shits and giggles. They’re cyberbullies because they’re cyberbullies. They probably do the same thing on YouTube, reddit, and anywhere else bullies are not sanctioned.
30% sock puppets — of both groups noted above
10% right wing Christians trying to stir up shit.

Although a Venn diagram of above might have some overlap. Christian troll who sock puppets.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-240287
It's amusing to think that he estimates only 30% of us are skep tickle, when it's closer to 90%, but fess up. Which 10% of you are the Christians?
So, Mayhew posts here and I don't exist?
Awesome analysis, Sherlock!*

+Sherlock being that idiot quoted by Metalogic.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Dave wrote: As to why you should care? You probably shouldnt, it just amused me to see the parallels between that situation and the one now with skep tickle, particularly with the fact that Paul Zachary Mesioghhseit* is taking a different side now. So I went back and found post where he "admits" to being a hershey sock-puppet for shits and giggles.

*It was another in joke to misspell PZ's name as outrageously as possible. Sort of a reaction to creationists always sticking an extra e in there.
Ah I see. By then I had given up on fighting the spammers on Usenet and had moved on.

OK thanks for that.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Metalogic42 wrote:

http://tobewell.areavoices.com/files/20 ... in-can.jpg

Hop in.
Seems there are a whole bunch of the FfTB commentariat who are lurking about here. And who, if Myers had a consistent bone in his body, would be summarily consigned to his dungeon as he did, I think, to Julian; maybe treestump is Julian. But for instance there is this comment by Athyco [hello athyco; why don’t you pull up a chair and join the conversation here? Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb] on one of Benson’s hysterical screeds:
athyco wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:But I don’t understand what is to be accomplished by subjecting a fellow female atheist skeptic to public ridicule from your (almost exclusively) friendly, uncritical fan base.
You’ve been commenting at the ‘pit since May 15, and before 6:09 p.m. today, you’ve never said anything like this to them. Given the measurable amount of “public ridicule from [their] (almost exclusively) friendly, uncritical fan base,” aren’t you the least bit abashed? For example, it has been photoshop heaven over there for days.
Although maybe Myers recognizes that if he did so then he would be decimating that commentariat ….

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Altair wrote:
Steersman wrote: Ah, I’d forgotten that that is actually a position that at least some in that rather benighted camp actually espouse – and one that they should be making some efforts to divorce themselves from (so to speak):
65 jenniferphillips

Your post inspired me to do a google search, and what I found out is that they don't dislike dictionaries, they really really hate them with a passion:

The posts found by that search are all saying that dictionary definitions are illegitimate, incomplete and used in bad faith.

Except one, that time when the dictionary decided to change the definition of misogyny to encompass prejudice, because of that Gillard politician person. That time dictionaries were our friends :dance:

What surprises me is how so few people are able to see that this rejection of dictionary definitions is nothing else than a transparent attempt to control people by changing the meaning of words to suit their ideas and ideologies, and to pressure others to use THEIR definition. FTB resembles a cult more and more every day.
Religions always pooh-pooh the evidenced and commonly accepted status quo. It's why all science textbooks are of the devil, and history books are a conspiracy to hide the truth of Jesus.

Amazing how dictionaries have managed to survive all these centuries, seeing as how they're all made-up out of thin air and shit. Thank Peezus we now have been enlightened about the vast conspiracy plotted by those masters of deceit, Merriam and Webster.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Did any Brits see the feminism discussion on "Ten O'Clock Live" last night?
Nope. But you have reminded me of when a thoroughly drunk and obnoxious Oliver Reed infamously kissed that feminist on After Dark:

(FFW to 6.00 to see Oliver Reed acting like a massive dick. Yup, I'm with the feminist on this one. That said, it should have been obvious that Reed's reputation was such that he'd be about as appropriate there as a pork chop in a mosque. I'm calling troll on the programme's producer):
[youtube]lzKtUeJO0lw[/youtube]

treestump

Post by treestump »

Apples wrote:
treestump wrote:one of the reasons I was banned from FtB was for simply creating an account at Slymepit. Nerd of Redhead pointed it out to them all (though I don't know how he could have known without lurking here??) and they all pointed at me like that end scene of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" and I was banhammered immediately.
Link?
I'll find it, looking now, but hard trying to wade through all of the stuff there to find which post it was on (it was on Pharyngula though). I've been banned 3 times so far. Myers banned me immediately after it became clear I'd joined Slyempit (they didn't cite that as the reason, but it was just after Nerd etc were talking about me joining Slymepit, so I think that was the real reason, and then Myers just back-deleted about 20-30 posts). The worst banning (in my mind) was when I was talking about how disgusting the Skep Tickle incident was (following on from a post by a user called "garlic". is that someone on here?). They just did their usual, used the anti-logic, defend Ophelia's lies, strength-in-numbers approach to shut me up, then Myers called me a sockpuppet and this time, instead of deleting my posts, he altered about 10 posts to read "sockpuppet says: blah blah blah". That chickenshit Myers sure is mature.

treestump

Post by treestump »

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Did any Brits see the feminism discussion on "Ten O'Clock Live" last night?
Nope. But you have reminded me of when a thoroughly drunk and obnoxious Oliver Reed infamously kissed that feminist on After Dark:

(FFW to 6.00 to see Oliver Reed acting like a massive dick. Yup, I'm with the feminist on this one. That said, it should have been obvious that Reed's reputation was such that he'd be about as appropriate there as a pork chop in a mosque. I'm calling troll on the programme's producer):
[youtube]lzKtUeJO0lw[/youtube]
nice one. I tried downloading all of After Dark a while back (but have not been able to find good downloads for 'em). I used to watch them all religiously when they were on, the Oliver Reed one was classic. He was great, I also remember him also going onto This Morning or summat pissed out his head at 11am. Some man.

Just found the Ten O'Clock Live Feminist discussion and downloading. Any good ?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Altair wrote:
65 jenniferphillips

<snip>
They do indeed.

Interesting that one of the sites turned up in that search of yours is Brute Reason where Miri has been attempting to take Dawkins to task for having the temerity to use the real definition of “racism” instead of its attempted corruption by sociology ideologues. Interesting and rather amusing that Dawkins nails that uncritical and dogmatic thinking to the wall as indicated in a tweet that Miri includes:
Richard Dawkins @RichardDawkins
So many people incapable of drawing an elementary distinction: between racism and INSTITUTIONAL racism. Probably studied sociology.
Been thinking – and arguing there – about that distinction. Seems to me that many there and elsewhere wish to redefine “racism” as “institutional racism” by conveniently eliding that “institutional”. Which basically blinds them to other non-institutional manifestations of the perspective – and which looks rather racist in itself.

Adjectives: how do they work?
Altair wrote:FTB resembles a cult more and more every day.
Indeed.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Steersman wrote: Seems to me that many there and elsewhere wish to redefine “racism” as “institutional racism” by conveniently eliding that “institutional”
It's kinda like when you start to slowly dox someone. You're not revealing their real first name, you're simply revealing their "generic" name. Therefore it's not doxxing.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Humphrey_Hedgehog wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:This is *exactly* what I think of when I read Ophie/PZ/and their various little toadies spouting off about how awful and terrible people are who don't agree with them:

[youtube]_5DVQ0BYLDE[/youtube]
I wonder where people think the 'middle ground' lies in that exchange? :think:
Fuck middle ground. However, a *moderate stance* is possible both scenarios (that exchange, and identity politics).

Where the middle ground lies in that exchange

The middle ground / moderate stance lies in Hugh Laurie's character. He keeps 'two sets of books' - in the Christopher Hitchens' sense. The extreme nationalism from the librarian is on one side. The extreme nationalism from an unseen librarian in the west indies would make up the other side.

Where the middle ground lies in the atheist blogosphere

Extreme side: social injustice via FtB.
"STFU and GTFO unless you totes agree. Apologize for every failure to toe the party line. Also we know where you live and work (for now)."

Middle ground / moderate: Slymepit
"Members speak about and agree/disagree about some particular statements / facts, or even each other. Often critical and irreverent towards both 'sides'."

Extreme other side: social injustice via fringe extremists, and/or criminals on the other end of the spectrum.
"Stereotypical physically/sexually abusive males. Males who treat females more like property and less like humans" (obviously more complicated than this, but you get my drift.)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jjbinx007 wrote:
Steersman wrote: Seems to me that many there and elsewhere wish to redefine “racism” as “institutional racism” by conveniently eliding that “institutional”
It's kinda like when you start to slowly dox someone. You're not revealing their real first name, you're simply revealing their "generic" name. Therefore it's not doxxing.
I think this ought to be called drixxing, for drip doxxing.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:
If "drixxing" ever gets added to the dictionary, then Ophelia will be a dictionary drixxer. :naughty:

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

So back to that 'running from tornadoes' thing? The whole 'tornadoes usually go north east?'

The one on the ground now is turning south.

Moving away from the place Jerry Coyne and I went for onion burgers... :(

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

ERV wrote:So back to that 'running from tornadoes' thing? The whole 'tornadoes usually go north east?'

Holy shit, Abbie - you can see the rotation on the Wundermap image:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 72adf1.png

Have you and the family and Arnie got a place to shelter???

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

When I left work, it was sunny, pretty, a little hot.

By the time it got home it was creepy dark.

The clouds look like bubble wrap? Lots of lightning-- the thunder is constant. Its not stopping-- constant rumbling.

Probably going to campus in a sec.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:
"Drip dox". Good name for a genitourinary clinic.

Parody Accountant

ERV wrote:When I left work, it was sunny, pretty, a little hot.

By the time it got home it was creepy dark.

The clouds look like bubble wrap? Lots of lightning-- the thunder is constant. Its not stopping-- constant rumbling.

Probably going to campus in a sec.
The wife and I are anxiously awaiting your status. A tornado devastated our neighborhood and permanently altered our lives a few years ago. Please be safe and please post an update soon/often.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

JAB

Post by JAB »

ERV wrote:So back to that 'running from tornadoes' thing? The whole 'tornadoes usually go north east?'

Stay safe.

I would have thought a good argument against having everybody get in their cars and getting out of the way is obvious every morning and afternoon. If we can't build enough roads to move everyone to work on stable paths every day in a reasonable amount of time, we aren't going to build roads so that we can move thousands of people a few miles in an unknown direction in twenty minutes or less once or twice a year. It may be a solution for a few, but not for the population as a whole.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Apparently, nobody picked that up yet...

Aunt Ophelia is *sigh* complaining about photoshops again. Meanwhile scientists found craters on the moon. Back to Benson's comment section that also frequently located far away from earth...
jamessweet wrote:Let’s clear this up right now: If there were an actual serious movement in some places to make it illegal to do a dumb photoshop job on a line of feminists, or if you could be seriously afraid of mob violence or having your embassy burned down because you made a bad photoshop joke on a line of feminists… then yeah, I’ll be the first one in line to do the point-making satire.
That's right. He literally wrote mob violence and burning down embassies. Keep that in mind and ponder it for a minute. I am not responsible when you hurt yourself by falling off your chair laughing. And now, please click here to see the image they are talking about.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... ue-change/

I'll be in a Google Hangout with Dan Fincke in about 20 minutes - at 8:30PM Eastern - to talk about the drama. Join the fun!

Parody Accountant

Aneris wrote:Apparently, nobody picked that up yet...

Aunt Ophelia is *sigh* complaining about photoshops again. Meanwhile scientists found craters on the moon. Back to Benson's comment section that also frequently located far away from earth...
jamessweet wrote:Let’s clear this up right now: If there were an actual serious movement in some places to make it illegal to do a dumb photoshop job on a line of feminists, or if you could be seriously afraid of mob violence or having your embassy burned down because you made a bad photoshop joke on a line of feminists… then yeah, I’ll be the first one in line to do the point-making satire.
That's right. He literally wrote mob violence and burning down embassies. Keep that in mind and ponder it for a minute. I am not responsible when you hurt yourself by falling off your chair laughing. And now, please click here to see the image they are talking about.
Seeing as though modern radical feminism draws inspiration from this violent person...

[youtube]8Xs9DX56wGE[/youtube]

Jamessweet you owe me a goddamn photoshop. Radicalized everything is bad.

Parody Accountant

justinvacula wrote:http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... ue-change/

I'll be in a Google Hangout with Dan Fincke in about 20 minutes - at 8:30PM Eastern - to talk about the drama. Join the fun!
(direct) link?

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

treestump wrote:
Apples wrote:
Link?
I'll find it, looking now, but hard trying to wade through all of the stuff there to find which post it was on (it was on Pharyngula though). I've been banned 3 times so far. Myers banned me immediately after it became clear I'd joined Slyempit (they didn't cite that as the reason, but it was just after Nerd etc were talking about me joining Slymepit, so I think that was the real reason, and then Myers just back-deleted about 20-30 posts). The worst banning (in my mind) was when I was talking about how disgusting the Skep Tickle incident was (following on from a post by a user called "garlic". is that someone on here?). They just did their usual, used the anti-logic, defend Ophelia's lies, strength-in-numbers approach to shut me up, then Myers called me a sockpuppet and this time, instead of deleting my posts, he altered about 10 posts to read "sockpuppet says: blah blah blah". That chickenshit Myers sure is mature.
I was reading some of the comments on a thread - possibly that one and I noticed the "blah blah blah" thing. Is that something that Myers does as a matter of course or was it just for your comments? I mean, yes it's petty and immature and cringe-worthy but what practical purpose does it actually serve? Reading the comments was ridiculously confusing because you'd get "sockpuppet says: blah blah blah" then a whole bunch of people responding to a comment no-one could see - a conversation based around invisible comments.

Surely it would be better to leave the comments up? Who would be interested in reading a blog where comments are so disjointed? Way to make friends and influence people PZ.

codelette

Post by codelette »

From now, Ophie should refer to time as A.V. (Anno Vaculi) to mark the exact moment her people started being persecuted by that mostachioed charlatan that asks too many questions.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

So Myers is now utilizing Ophie and Communist's tactic of actual editing people's posts so as to make the individual look stupid, and the post irrlevant? And I thought he had already hit bottom in the integrity pool. Sheesh; was I dumb.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Aw fuck...I just spent half an hour making a Feminist Group Photo with all the signs reading 'I Am Skep tickle' except for Ophelia's, which said 'YIKES' and the program crashed just before I finished. Not doing it all over again.

Mark Thomas

Post by Mark Thomas »

I'm just going to comment here since my last three comments on Ophelia's blog didn't make it through moderation, which presumably means I'm banned.

The photoshop isn't the funniest thing about her post, it's the Vacula quotes she uses to help make(!) her point. Any reasonable person would read those quotations and wonder what she's making a fuss about. He is arguing that mild satire is acceptable - and while she never comes out and says it she apparently disagrees with that argument. This being just one more example of the 'harassment.'

By the by - what's a "totalizing religion"? I've heard they dislike dictionaries over there but I had to pull one out for this one. I think she meant totalitarian...

Southern

Post by Southern »

You know what? Good ol' Physioproffe may be writing shit (again), but at least he's not playing victim, being a dishonest piece of crap, or doxxing people. Keep the good fight uppe, Proffe.

Southern

Post by Southern »

bovarchist wrote:Aw fuck...I just spent half an hour making a Feminist Group Photo with all the signs reading 'I Am Skep tickle' except for Ophelia's, which said 'YIKES' and the program crashed just before I finished. Not doing it all over again.
BUT THOU MUST!

codelette

Post by codelette »

http://i.imgur.com/3RrzPbl.png

"...but but, slacktivism is more important!"

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Southern wrote:
You know what? Good ol' Physioproffe may be writing shit (again), but at least he's not playing victim, being a dishonest piece of crap, or doxxing people. Keep the good fight uppe, Proffe.
I can see it now...

Moderator - spell "stop"
Proffe - "S...T...O...P...P...E"

Bzzzzz !

Proffe - "What?!"

You are correct in his lack of some of the more despicable characteristics of his co-bloggers, but I think he could edit all his comments. Imagine everyone who comments on his blog (assuming anyone does - I never read it) writing "alle like himme." :lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

codelette wrote:http://i.imgur.com/3RrzPbl.png

"...but but, slacktivism is more important!"
:lol: The well-fed, smug-looking Svan; the imperious Benson, whose only gripe is with people on forums and Twitter; PZ Myers, grinnning with all the self-satisfaction you could expect of a complacent, shiny-arsed academic who gets to jet around doing conferences - yes, all these people 'standing in solidarity' with those atheists who could very likely be killed for their atheism.

Such smug, self-congratulatory, patronizing asshattery deserves all the mockery it gets. "Look at us! We care!" they say, so assurred of their solidarity with the genuinely oppressed as they head off to tuck into the canapes, quaff wine and bitch some more about people saying mean things about them on the internet.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Benson actually feels her 'suffering' is precisely on a par with that of the Bangladeshi atheists.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Tigzy wrote:
:lol: The well-fed, smug-looking Svan; the imperious Benson, whose only gripe is with people on forums and Twitter; PZ Myers, grinnning with all the self-satisfaction you could expect of a complacent, shiny-arsed academic who gets to jet around doing conferences - yes, all these people 'standing in solidarity' with those atheists who could very likely be killed for their atheism.

Such smug, self-congratulatory, patronizing asshattery deserves all the mockery it gets. "Look at us! We care!" they say, so assurred of their solidarity with the genuinely oppressed as they head off to tuck into the canapes, quaff wine and bitch some more about people saying mean things about them on the internet.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Benson actually feels her 'suffering' is precisely on a par with that of the Bangladeshi atheists.
I support Ophelia, she shouldn't be forced to smell the stinky people riding the bus at First World city.
Respect.

Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

Tigzy wrote:And I wouldn't be surprised if Benson actually feels her 'suffering' is precisely on a par with that of the Bangladeshi atheists.
This ^

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Pretty good write-up of the Pit at West Coast Atheist. The butthurt is strong with Damion in the comments...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Test.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Lsuoma wrote:Test.
Problem?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The ntp daemon was wedged, hence the time drift. It's now fixed. A couple of posts may have gone to la-la-land.

Mark Thomas

Post by Mark Thomas »

There are tests here?

Fuck.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

[youtube]HiI2vhVaA_U[/youtube]

My discussion with Dan Fincke concerning feminism/controversy in secular movement ^^

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Mark Thomas wrote: The photoshop isn't the funniest thing about her post, it's the Vacula quotes she uses to help make(!) her point. Any reasonable person would read those quotations and wonder what she's making a fuss about. He is arguing that mild satire is acceptable - and while she never comes out and says it she apparently disagrees with that argument. This being just one more example of the 'harassment.'
Given the number of photoshops here in the Slymepit that satire Justin you would think she might spare a brain cell or two to examine his perspective on the subject seeing as he too has been "victimized" and "harassed" without mercy.

(The man is a walking pornstash but will he shave it? He just ignores us when we tell him that that fucking caterpillar under his nose has to go... WTF man?)

Anyway. Let me guess he is "mansplaining" shit to her again? Or because he has a penis it does not count because "patriarchy" or something else?

Oh I know! Justin is a CIS white dudebro so he can never be oppressed like she can?

Mark Thomas wrote: By the by - what's a "totalizing religion"? I've heard they dislike dictionaries over there but I had to pull one out for this one. I think she meant totalitarian...
Whatever man. Fuck. This is OB we are talking about. Who the fuck knows?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I think I failed. Can I get a redo?