Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:By the way, Ophelia, when you are recognized universally as a loser blogger, languishing in well deserved obscurity and cramming your pie- hole with treats in an attempt to assuage your inevitable grief at losing your unwarranted influence and perceived relevance, you can't point to the doxxing of Skep tickle as the point where the rest of the world began to recognize you for the charlatan and bully you really are.

Jes' sayin'
CAN point, fuck it, CAN point. Stupid fucking mobile keyboard...

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:By the way, Ophelia, when you are recognized universally as a loser blogger, languishing in well deserved obscurity and cramming your pie- hole with treats in an attempt to assuage your inevitable grief at losing your unwarranted influence and perceived relevance, you can't point to the doxxing of Skep tickle as the point where the rest of the world began to recognize you for the charlatan and bully you really are.

Jes' sayin'
No she can't, some of the world's been recognising it for years now.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Lsuoma wrote:

Jes' sayin'
I can see your problem: you are the only one that doesn't have an "edit" button. :D

Mykeru

Re: Rayshul the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Mykeru »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: You are, of course, quite correct. Proximally correct. But distally off-the-mark, as it were.
But, as any Cybernaut (steersman) will inform you, navigating between a rock and hard place, Charybdis & Scylla, a sailor-eating monster and an all-engulfing whirlpool is a balancing art. Much as is Yin/Yang a balancing art.
Steer the middle course and one avoids either catastrophic extreme.
Much as you seem to post here.
Cricket.
Yeah, I remember my first paper bag and can of spray paint.
Why didn't you use a sock, like any other person would?
I suspect that Mykeru is wholly unfamiliar with the classics, such as the Odyssey, Iliad, & cetera, and thusly may have interpreted the above as novel gibberish.
Yeah, that's it. The problem is my "unfamiliarity with the classics" rather than your prattling pedantic horseshit.

welch

Post by welch »

katamari Damassi wrote:
welch wrote:
Dave wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
deLurch wrote: In his defense, he is specifying what in posts crosses his line and allowing people to resubmit with what is inside his lines. By voicing decent, this guy has a tiger by the tail and he knows it. He is doing everything he can to voice decent while trying to prevent the people he is criticizing from having ammo to smear him with. He isn't worried about us. He is worried about them.

Also, when it comes to moderation, sometimes stating less about the rules is more effective. I wish I could find the post, but it is many years back.
In other words, he prefers his commentariat to consist of adults able to discern the spirit of the place without having a 1000 page policy and not so egotistical that they bridle and go all "but he did it too" when corrected. It's not difficult to discern the difference between clearly stating why you disrespect someone and using belittling names. If you are the kind of person that needs that spelled out then I think you'd still be trying to push the boundaries with a library of policy documents.
When an adult sees a problem, he attempts to correct it, not simply whine about it. Its not the length of his policy by itself, he could announce his policy as, "Be Excellent to Each Other" for all I care. And good on him for contacting the posters who cross the line and offering to let them re-submit. That certainly helps those individuals understand the line. What annoys me is his commenting on the blog that he has had to block posts or he let one through, but is not sure he should have, without explanation of the problems. If he feels the need to complain to the larger community that people are not following his rules, he can spend part of that effort clarifying the rules. If he feels the rules are clear enough, then WTF is the point of whinging at large that there are those that dont follow -- there will always be idjits. While the policy he is attempting to enforce may be adult, his approach of announcing-at-large that the rules have been broken but not saying how strikes me as rather passive-aggressive.
What pisses me off is his patronizing "the adults are here now" attitude, and his hypocrisy wherein anyone disagreeing with him is slagged off as emo, (and there's no good use of that, either abbreviation or other), in a completely dismissive fashion, but OMG, you use a diminutive of someone's name, and you're a bad fucking person.

Oh, and his claim that he is "getting results". Oddly, he has yet to show said results.

I fail to really see how he's being even-handed or particularly mature.
I don't know about his attitude, but as far results go, well, you have to start somewhere.
Then don't claim you're "getting" results when you have yet to do so. He MAY get results, or it may go the way of Nugent's effort. We don't know yet.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Lsuoma wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Opelia:
It gets crazier every day. You would think it couldn’t, but it does.
You know, Ophelia, in your case we would think it could.

http://www.freezepage.com/1370428535KOUZBJDCCY

Apparently Ophelia has started to write to the President of Seattle Atheists to complain about Skep Tickle - or more specifically to try a bit of guilt-by-association using some crude insults about Ophelia made on the slymepit. :snooty:
Whoo-effing-whoo!!! First time ol' Lsuoma gets a Nanny Feefle call-out, IIRC.

Bow down and worship me, bitches, for I have ARRIVED!!!
:angry-banghead:

welch

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: You are, of course, quite correct. Proximally correct. But distally off-the-mark, as it were.
But, as any Cybernaut (steersman) will inform you, navigating between a rock and hard place, Charybdis & Scylla, a sailor-eating monster and an all-engulfing whirlpool is a balancing art. Much as is Yin/Yang a balancing art.
Cricket.
I suspect that Mykeru is wholly unfamiliar with the classics, such as the Odyssey, Iliad, & cetera, and thusly may have interpreted the above as novel gibberish.
Yeah, that's it. The problem is my "unfamiliarity with the classics" rather than your prattling pedantic horseshit.
and CLEARLY you have not read "the classics", else you'd be harrumphing in time with the esteemed MKG.

welch

Post by welch »

Gefan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Apparently Ophelia has started to write to the President of Seattle Atheists to complain about Skep Tickle - or more specifically to try a bit of guilt-by-association using some crude insults about Ophelia made on the slymepit. :snooty:

LOL. Welcome to my world.

Although I don't think I'm as much fun to play with as others. I have this annoying habit of picking an easily managed number of points, latching the fuck on, and not letting go or being distracted from them.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Congratulations to Justin Vacula on reaching his funding goal for the Dublin bloodbath conference.

I think the next step is clear.

http://i.imgur.com/GShiM7B.jpg

Altair

Post by Altair »

rayshul wrote:Gefan I don't know why you're bitching about not getting noticed, my icon since the new 'pit started has been a hot chick with her tits out. In every post I am objectifying teh womenz!
I hadn't noticed her tits were out. I suck at being a misogynystic objectifyng dick :(

Remick

Post by Remick »

Mykeru wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Cricket.
Come on, no one should be forced to consider that they aren't as witty/funny/amusing/clever as they think they are! The problem has to be with the audience....

jg64

Post by jg64 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Oh, and Nanny Benson, since I know you'll be reading this, if you can find ANYWHERE that Skeppers "incited" anyone to insult you, your imagination is greater than that of Baron Munchhausen: there's no need for anyone else to incite people to insult you - you, oh dear Nanny, do it so much better than anyone else ever could.

Posting idiotic things like you did is just one of a million* examples.

* Number possibly exaggerated for effect - may not actually be a million.
I've told you a million times "Do not exaggerate". :lol:

dogen

Re: Percy the Consumptive Made Me Do It

Post by dogen »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:I just noticed that Cristina Rad has escaped from Freethought Blogs - she's not listed in the FTB blog list any more.
She hadn't posted anything since November and that was after a break of about two months from her previous contribution.

Come on Cristina, now's the time to make a video about those fuckers!
:)
PZMandius,
http://atomictoasters.com/wp-content/up ... andias.jpg
I met a traveler from an Slymepit land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of lard
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the retard,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is PZmandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level FtB stretch far away.
- "Percy" Pissed Shelley
A brace of internets to you, sir!

:clap:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Fuck it, I gave up on formating:

It's quite interesting that "the classics" in this day and age would also include the fact that socks are way more common as a filter for spray paint sniffing than paper bags. Why do 24/7 stores sell socks and shoelaces all round? Socks for sniffing, shoelaces for heroin injections.

Well, mostly in America. Here, we use them for footwear (yeah, right!)

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:
and CLEARLY you have not read "the classics", else you'd be harrumphing in time with the esteemed MKG.
He's the socially awkward dick who comes up to you at a mixer when you are busy talking to a woman with the long game in mind of pissing in the gene pool, and, overhearing something incorrectly, totally injects himself into the conversation and, without any preamble says, tilting his head back disparagingly to display a nest of vibrating untrimmed nose hairs, "Oh, I assume all you've read is the Fagles translation of The Illiad", and, speaking of pissing, is totally unaware that he's got a fist-sized pee stain on his Dockers emphasizing his semi.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Fuck it, I gave up on formating:

It's quite interesting that "the classics" in this day and age would also include the fact that socks are way more common as a filter for spray paint sniffing than paper bags. Why do 24/7 stores sell socks and shoelaces all round? Socks for sniffing, shoelaces for heroin injections.

Well, mostly in America. Here, we use them for footwear (yeah, right!)
Socks?

http://vanfullofcandy.files.wordpress.c ... huffer.jpg

The Krylon Warrior is disappointed

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Mykeru wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Cricket.
Well, there is this brand new option for familiarizing yourself with the classics:

[youtube]bZWVp_qrD8o[/youtube]

dogen

Post by dogen »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: It is to be noted that although metal-heads are pictured as stupid thugs (mostly in movies and comics), they tend to have more knowledge in history, mythologie and musical structures than your 'average' person. Not bragging, just bragging. Rock and a hard place indeed...
Indeed! E.g.,:

[youtube]qAXzzHM8zLw[/youtube]

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Gefan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Gefan!! :lol:

Personally, I glory in my anonymity. It suits me just fine. I think I'll go for a quiet walk in the woods, now. :mrgreen:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

dogen wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: It is to be noted that although metal-heads are pictured as stupid thugs (mostly in movies and comics), they tend to have more knowledge in history, mythologie and musical structures than your 'average' person. Not bragging, just bragging. Rock and a hard place indeed...
Indeed! E.g.,:

[youtube]qAXzzHM8zLw[/youtube]
I hate you so much right now, I think it's come around I may actually love you.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Zenspace wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Gefan!! :lol:

Personally, I glory in my anonymity. It suits me just fine. I think I'll go for a quiet walk in the woods, now. :mrgreen:
I'm fine with anonymity too. The reason use a 'nym is because I'm not a raging attention junkie. I don't really have a boss anymore, I live outside the US, and the list of people whose opinions of me really matter doesn't make it to five names (none of them of the Genus "Papio"). It's not like they can do much to me.
I'd just like them to recognize my work, is all... :snooty:

Southern

Post by Southern »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
windy wrote:
In other news, there's a battle for Nugent's very SOUL! *cue thunder and lightning*
http://furiouspurpose.me/the-fight-for- ... ents-soul/

http://i.imgur.com/ay3ebo9.jpg
Sorry, Nugent, but...

[youtube]SqbjDbnBWgo[/youtube]

dogen

Post by dogen »

Jesus, the 'boons are stupid. Take this comment by Jason on Almost Diamonds, for instance:
She posted in Skep Tickle’s defense as skeptixx over at my blog, pretending not to be the same person.
And now let's read the first paragraph of Skep Tickle's post on Jason's blog:
Whether or not Skep tickle ‘was there only to resist the “Kool-Aid”…” without “contributing directly to the health of the discussion–the purpose of the forum–itself” is one of those assessments that depends hugely on the lens you wear. My perspective is that of Skep tickle, as I am she.
In cases like these, I'm torn between stupidity and malice as an explanation for the abject fuckwittery.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Gefan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Oh, don't complain, you priviledged fuck. She doesn't cite me because I'm a Third World Latino. Ophelia, you racist cunt!

Mark Thomas

Post by Mark Thomas »

Mykeru wrote:

Conservatives in the United States have been quite successful in this tactic, complaining about the (so-called) "liberal media" enough to push the line of where moderation lies decidedly to the right. Of course, even when the media self-censors, or just abdicate their responsibility completely and presents " X said this and Y said that" stenography without any facts or analysis entering into it, the GOP will just find even more minutiae to complain about because to them the only responsible journalism consists of shilling for them.
Agree with everything except for this bit - which I think is demonstrably wrong. Read Dr. Tim Groseclose's work for a fuller treatment. To both political parties, the only good journalism is that which suports their positions. And both parties routinely find minutiae to complain about in the press. But I think it's clear that major national news organizations lean left. Someone once said Roger Ailes' success is due to the fact that he found a niche news market which wasn't being serviced to that point - 50% of the population.

Southern

Post by Southern »

dogen wrote:Jesus, the 'boons are stupid. Take this comment by Jason on Almost Diamonds, for instance:
She posted in Skep Tickle’s defense as skeptixx over at my blog, pretending not to be the same person.
Whether or not Skep tickle ‘was there only to resist the “Kool-Aid”…” without “contributing directly to the health of the discussion–the purpose of the forum–itself” is one of those assessments that depends hugely on the lens you wear. My perspective is that of Skep tickle, as I am she.
In cases like these, I'm torn between stupidity and malice as an explanation for the abject fuckwittery.
Well, Hanlon's razor states:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
But of course, in their case, it may as well be a combination of both: malice to smear Skep Tickle (by any means necessary), and stupidity to not find a non-completely-stupid way of doing so.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

dogen wrote:Jesus, the 'boons are stupid. Take this comment by Jason on Almost Diamonds, for instance:
This was corrected in the very next comment.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Zenspace wrote:
Well, there is this brand new option for familiarizing yourself with the classics:

I like how Raskolnikov held the ax sideways in that version.

Remick

Post by Remick »

Mark Thomas wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

Conservatives in the United States have been quite successful in this tactic, complaining about the (so-called) "liberal media" enough to push the line of where moderation lies decidedly to the right. Of course, even when the media self-censors, or just abdicate their responsibility completely and presents " X said this and Y said that" stenography without any facts or analysis entering into it, the GOP will just find even more minutiae to complain about because to them the only responsible journalism consists of shilling for them.
Agree with everything except for this bit - which I think is demonstrably wrong. Read Dr. Tim Groseclose's work for a fuller treatment. To both political parties, the only good journalism is that which suports their positions. And both parties routinely find minutiae to complain about in the press. But I think it's clear that major national news organizations lean left. Someone once said Roger Ailes' success is due to the fact that he found a niche news market which wasn't being serviced to that point - 50% of the population.
Facts lean left. There are only a handful of points where conservatives have truth/facts on their side, and even then they can't help but exaggerate them to absurd levels. Considering a very large minority(or even possibly a majority) of conservative politicians base most of their choices on the result of prayer or 'what the bible says'(even if the bible makes no mention of it), do you honestly believe that Dems and Conservatives are both really batting .500, and it is the media that tilts in left?

curriejean

Post by curriejean »

"Ophelia F Benson" signed the statement from an Australian IP. Removed.

(Oh and about email verification -- it only verifies that the signature is associated with an email address, any email address. The form allows one verification-optional signature, then requires email verification for any additional signatures from the same IP.)

http://www.skepticwomen.com/welcome-statement

55 signs so far with only a few questionable names.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mykeru wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

I like how Raskolnikov held the ax sideways in that version.
Raskolnikov chopped first!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Mark Thomas wrote: But I think it's clear that major national news organizations lean left.
That's the point, what you consider "leaning left" is probably skewed by "gaming the ref". In point of fact, the United States has a wing that is "left" only in a relative sense and certainly wouldn't be considered left-wing in other countries. I'm not talking fruit-loop fringe, I'm talking within the system with real money and power.

What we tend to call "left" in the United States are pretty much either left-leaning moderates or even moderate conservatives. So by being moderate conservative a news outfit like MSNBC is viewed as flaming commies by all the moderates who would be considered fairly far-right elsewhere.

Remick

Post by Remick »

Mykeru wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote: But I think it's clear that major national news organizations lean left.
That's the point, what you consider "leaning left" is probably skewed by "gaming the ref". In point of fact, the United States has a wing that is "left" only in a relative sense and certainly wouldn't be considered left-wing in other countries. I'm not talking fruit-loop fringe, I'm talking within the system with real money and power.

What we tend to call "left" in the United States are pretty much either left-leaning moderates or even moderate conservatives. So by being moderate conservative a news outfit like MSNBC is viewed as flaming commies by all the moderates who would be considered fairly far-right elsewhere.

Truth.

Mark Thomas

Post by Mark Thomas »

Remick wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

Facts lean left. There are only a handful of points where conservatives have truth/facts on their side, and even then they can't help but exaggerate them to absurd levels. Considering a very large minority(or even possibly a majority) of conservative politicians base most of their choices on the result of prayer or 'what the bible says'(even if the bible makes no mention of it), do you honestly believe that Dems and Conservatives are both really batting .500, and it is the media that tilts in left?
I don't want to get into a political argument, because politics are about value judgements. Facts don't lean left any more than they lean right, facts are facts. What we choose to do with those facts involves value judgements which lend themselves to political arguments. If you truly believe that facts lean left, then you should examine your own biases.

No conservative politicians I'm aware of "base most of their choices on the result of prayer." Politicians use political issues - like religion - to their advantage when they can. More conservative politicians do this than liberal ones, and more 'very religious' people tend to vote conservative (likely because of their stands on abortion and gay marriage). But liberal politicians and voters are religious as well - if not to the extent conservatives are.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

curriejean wrote:"Ophelia F Benson" signed the statement from an Australian IP. Removed.

(Oh and about email verification -- it only verifies that the signature is associated with an email address, any email address. The form allows one verification-optional signature, then requires email verification for any additional signatures from the same IP.)

MRA doormat?
Elisabeth Fritzl?
Eva Braun?

Mark Thomas

Post by Mark Thomas »

Mykeru wrote:

Mark Thomas

Post by Mark Thomas »

Mykeru wrote:

I didn't realize you were speaking globally, in which case I'm not sure I disagree.

I'm not sure 'gaming the ref' is the issue however, I think it has more to do with how the US was founded and our - more or less - adherence to the constitution.

Remick

Post by Remick »

Mark Thomas wrote:
Remick wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

I don't want to get into a political argument, because politics are about value judgements. Facts don't lean left any more than they lean right, facts are facts. What we choose to do with those facts involves value judgements which lend themselves to political arguments. If you truly believe that facts lean left, then you should examine your own biases.

No conservative politicians I'm aware of "base most of their choices on the result of prayer." Politicians use political issues - like religion - to their advantage when they can. More conservative politicians do this than liberal ones, and more 'very religious' people tend to vote conservative (likely because of their stands on abortion and gay marriage). But liberal politicians and voters are religious as well - if not to the extent conservatives are.
1. Facts leaning left was a joke. Mainly that so many 'conservative' positions disregard facts.

2. You have not been paying attention, we have moved past the phase where the vast majority of conservative politicians 'use' religion, and now a large minority of them base decisions on it. The more 'old school' republicans dislike them and fear their vunerablity to being 'primaried' from the right.

3. You are right, many liberal politicians pay lip service to religion or pretend to be more religious than they are in order to get elected, mainly because they correctly fear that it will cost them a lot of votes if they are seen as not religious

Altair

Post by Altair »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
curriejean wrote:"Ophelia F Benson" signed the statement from an Australian IP. Removed.

MRA doormat?
Elisabeth Fritzl?
Eva Braun?
My favorite is "Bob". I like minimalism.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Eva Braun, MRA Doormat and Elisabeth Fritzl are certainly worth checking out.

curriejean

Post by curriejean »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

MRA doormat?
Elisabeth Fritzl?
Eva Braun?
Yeah, what a ton of fun. "Clear abuses of this form will be removed," seems like a viable addition at present.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It looks like Feefles and the Huge Zvanatee could get a job with Campus Reform: http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... edin-case/

Basically, Macaela Bennett, a reporter at Campus Reform quoted Jerry Coyne after he had explicitly asked her not to and sensationalized and distorted what he had said.

Sound like FfTB?

Also, Campus Reform is a loony, right-wing org. Sound like FfTB?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Mark Thomas wrote:
Remick wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

When you have news organisations, like Fox, that are willing to constantly ignore and distort facts in order to keep reporting a line of bullshit informed only by their strict adherence to their ideological agenda and revenue stream, then yes the facts lean left. Because apparently, the right wing has absolutely no respect for what's factually true.

Also, fuck off n00b. (traditional slyme-pit way of telling a n00b to fuck off)

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

MRA doormat?
Elisabeth Fritzl?
Eva Braun?
Farid is usually a man's name
Manly McMannerson?
No Reasonable Woman?
Would Alishba Zarmeen actually sign? I've not seen a lot of her work
Oh and I hear “[PERSONAL, REDACTED]” is some misogynist MRA Sock, she should probably go too

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

MRA doormat?
Elisabeth Fritzl?
Eva Braun?
Look at it this way: That's what passes for massive Pharangulation these days.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

curriejean wrote:http://i.imgur.com/O6PAGFt.png

Thank you all! We are live! Please click and sign if you find it represents you, and share the link far and wide.

All signatures gathered during beta testing have been erased, so anyone who already signed will need to sign again.

Many cheers to everyone who helped out with the composition and supported this effort.

Many more cheers and thank-yous to the user agarybuseychristmas who is responsible for creating the site and donating hours of custom coding work.
Well done! :clap:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Eskarina wrote:

I just saw a 'Kick my cunt - PLEASE!' from the Russian federation there, too. Was quickly excised, however.

Now who on earth, I wonder, would want to troll a board signed by women who feel safe in the skeptic community and have no axe to grind for Ron Lindsay? Surely it couldn't be one of those SJWs and FTBers who go on about 'hate against women' all the time, could it?

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Tigzy wrote:
Eskarina wrote:

I just saw a 'Kick my cunt - PLEASE!' from the Russian federation there, too. Was quickly excised, however.

Now who on earth, I wonder, would want to troll a board signed by women who feel safe in the skeptic community and have no axe to grind for Ron Lindsay? Surely it couldn't be one of those SJWs and FTBers who go on about 'hate against women' all the time, could it?
I'd love to have a peak at the IP addresses.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

SPACKlick wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

MRA doormat?
Elisabeth Fritzl?
Eva Braun?
Farid is usually a man's name
Manly McMannerson?
No Reasonable Woman?
Would Alishba Zarmeen actually sign? I've not seen a lot of her work
Oh and I hear “[PERSONAL, REDACTED]” is some misogynist MRA Sock, she should probably go too
I think the Alisha Zarmeen one could be real.
She met Vacula at the WISC2 and had her photo taken with him and doesn't seem to be close to the FTB bunch.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Eskarina wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Eskarina wrote:

Don't need an IP to know that's Melody Hensley in full-on "pity poor me" mode.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hmmm. I think I'm making the mistake of assuming the baboons would actually adhere to the same principles they're so ready to shit upon others for violating, aren't I.

curriejean

Post by curriejean »

The plan is to initiate a removal process, in which unsupportive (namecalling, cursing and impersonations, at least) signatures are separated from supportive. "Removed" signatures will still be listed openly.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Mykeru wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Za-zen wrote:
Steersman wrote: [...] See where i bolded above. Replace with fat cunt.

And just for you staffy duck, outrage crumbs, you need them, and so you are given them. Keep on feeding.

"They drop Doxxs on people, but they won't let us write fat cunt on our blogs" Acuntalypse Now
Hardly outraged. If you think that the PR of the Pit is helped by making gratuitous insults without justification or context then go big, fill your boots. But don’t be surprised if others think that kind of a dickhead move ….
[...]

In other words, you are dealing with people who are fishing for things to be offended by. They are not thinking of justification of others remarks.
At the moment they are calling Skep tickle the most vile insults and yet any retaliation will be seen as undeserved.
At least that's how they will react.
I am under the impression that Svan is, as she has said herself, acting as their personal thug in this argument. [...]
The strategy they are using is often referred to as "gaming the ref", apparently taken from sports where, if you bitch about the ref's calls enough, the ref will start calling it your way. Of course, should the ref do that, the gaming doesn't stop, rather, the threshold for bitching gets adjusted downward and maybe the ref, sufficiently rattled, will start making egregiously bad calls in your favor.

[...]
There is a right slant in media by default, since most publications traditionally relied on advertisement money. Companies aren't too keen on giving money to outlets that criticize the company, the segment they're in, or capitalism in total. Chomsky, like him or hate him, but he has his facts in "Media Control". Also check out the Propaganda Model. It essentially breaks down, what "Gaming the Ref" entails, where we are back at Zvan and Co. Especiqlly so-called Flak
For Chomsky and Herman "flak" refers to negative responses to a media statement or program. The term "flak" has been used to describe what Chomsky and Herman see as efforts to discredit organizations or individuals who disagree with or cast doubt on the prevailing assumptions which Chomsky and Herman view as favorable to established power (e.g., "The Establishment"). Unlike the first three "filtering" mechanisms — which are derived from analysis of market mechanisms — flak is characterized by concerted efforts to manage public information

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Mykeru wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Eskarina wrote:

Don't need an IP to know that's Melody Hensley in full-on "pity poor me" mode.
I would have to take your word for it, since I'm not really familiar with the lot of 'em. Actually, most of the time I still can't really believe that such a bunch of whining, entitled cissies shares the planet with me.

Altair

Post by Altair »

The tweeters are a-tweeting!

First blow, you Skeptic Women are not real women, of course :snooty:
You also accept male superiority, who knew?
Ophelia Benson's name is a fake, we already knew that, but it's good to have confirmation
I don't really get the analogy here but they needed to include the word rape somewhere

dogen

Post by dogen »

Metalogic42 wrote:
This was corrected in the very next comment.
Indeed! But I didn't read that far. No matter, my being hoist by my own petard doesn't diminish Jason's stupidity.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

How many women have been raped at atheist/skeptic events?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Honestly though. The benevolence of Ron Lindsay.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Mark Thomas wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

I didn't realize you were speaking globally, in which case I'm not sure I disagree.

I'm not sure 'gaming the ref' is the issue however, I think it has more to do with how the US was founded and our - more or less - adherence to the constitution.
A couple of things have happened in the US that are worth noting. One is that the "right" has marched off the cliff at the edge of the political spectrum.
Don't believe me? Reagan, who the GOP supposedly reveres, as President voted for multiple tax hikes and granted amnesty for illegal immigrants. As Governor of California he campaigned against a measure to ban gays from teaching in public schools (in the 1970s when there was nowhere near the acceptance of gays that there is now and this required actual political courage), and signed no-fault divorce into law. How far do you think he'd get in a Republican presidential primary now?
The saner (I would say "real" conservatives) from Frum to Sullivan have tried to point this out and have duly been tarred and feathered and run out of the movement.
Sound familiar?
The second problem is that the "mainstream" aka "corporate" media has decided that objectivity is a point equidistant between two oppositional political positions as opposed to evaluating both in light of the evidence.
Any day now the GOP will announce the Earth is flat and the headlines will read "Shape of Earth: Opinions Differ".
Aside from Fox, which will probably go with; "Was Magellan a terrorist?".

Southern

Post by Southern »

Well, currijean, I don't want to be a party pooper (ha!), but if your petition does catch the attention of the public at large, you will need to devise a system to leave out the trolls. Always assume that anything open for subscrption on the internet is open to be overrun by trolls.

That said, I hope it does succeed. Although... the surleramics chick may have another crying fit because of it. Why nobody think about the surleramics chick?