Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Humphrey_Hedgehog

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Humphrey_Hedgehog »

EdwardGemmer wrote:Someone threatened to put objects in PZ Myer's pockets!! The hell you say! This injustice shall not stand. How can PZ continue with his social justice activism of holding pieces of paper for a photograph when there are nefarious villains that might slip an object in his pocket?
What, like these bits of paper?

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a60 ... f72acd.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gefan wrote:
It's possible that she took offense because she read it as claiming that she personally spends a billion dollars annually on junk food.
Then I'd understand her complaining, since I doubt that the actual figure much exceeds a hundred million.
Gefan, if you haven't already, go read the Encyclopedia Dramatica entry on Mel. https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Shakesville

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Tony Parsehole wrote: I've been commenting for 10 minutes and I'm already a "sheep" and a "brainwashed zombie" who just needs to "open his eyes" to the "truth".

For the record I don't know what the supposed "truth" is or how I'm "brainwshed". All I said is that Alex Jones is a massive cock.
The truth: Imagine "The Patriarchy" was being run by lizards who had watched The Matrix. Flip a coin to decide whether to interpret this literally or figuratively (it doesn't really matter that much). Now imagine that everything that you don't like about anything can be attributed to this non-falsifiable overarching conspiracy. Next, following the methodology of Sherlock Holmes, eliminate the impossible - i.e. anything that disagrees with what you have imagined (critics may point out that this looks a lot like confirmation bias, but ignore that too). What remains, however improbable, is "the truth".

Remind you of anything?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Gefan wrote:
It's possible that she took offense because she read it as claiming that she personally spends a billion dollars annually on junk food.
Then I'd understand her complaining, since I doubt that the actual figure much exceeds a hundred million.
Gefan, if you haven't already, go read the Encyclopedia Dramatica entry on Mel. https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Shakesville

Okay, maybe two hundred million (curiously, the same sum I'm now willing to pay the first person to invent memory bleach).

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cunt of Personality wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: I've been commenting for 10 minutes and I'm already a "sheep" and a "brainwashed zombie" who just needs to "open his eyes" to the "truth".

For the record I don't know what the supposed "truth" is or how I'm "brainwshed". All I said is that Alex Jones is a massive cock.
The truth: Imagine "The Patriarchy" was being run by lizards who had watched The Matrix. Flip a coin to decide whether to interpret this literally or figuratively (it doesn't really matter that much). Now imagine that everything that you don't like about anything can be attributed to this non-falsifiable overarching conspiracy. Next, following the methodology of Sherlock Holmes, eliminate the impossible - i.e. anything that disagrees with what you have imagined (critics may point out that this looks a lot like confirmation bias, but ignore that too). What remains, however improbable, is "the truth".

Remind you of anything?

The comments section is hilarious. I asked a guy for a single fact to back up his claim about the govermnent assassins living nearby (and shit like that) and he said he didn't need facts because they were self-evident.

windy

Post by windy »

Anecdotal but interesting comment from a WIS2 attendee on this blog post:
http://uberfeminist.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... ntial.html
As a woman, a feminist, and an attendee of the conference, I considered Dr. Lindsay's 20 minute opening talk entirely appropriate and found it refreshing and reassuring. Too often that small group of feminists who hang out a FTB use the privilege concept to attempt to silence anyone, male or female, who dares to disagree with their position. Dr. Lindsay's reassurance that that was unacceptable at the conference was entirely what I wanted to hear at that point.

Rebecca Watson, PZ Myers and that group do not speak for all feminists, and while waiting in the Marriott lobby for our car to be brought around before we left, I discovered I was not alone in my feelings on this matter. I found that better than half the people I spoke to considered Ms. Watson's blog post offensive.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

Remind you of anything?

The comments section is hilarious. I asked a guy for a single fact to back up his claim about the govermnent assassins living nearby (and shit like that) and he said he didn't need facts because they were self-evident.
DO UR OWN RESARCGH!! INFOWARS.COM

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

As an aside, remember the point several people made about Women in Secularism having a laughably small attendance? Just to drive home the point, skip to 0:55 -

[youtube]iuwx9QY1Xm4[/youtube]

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

windy wrote:Anecdotal but interesting comment from a WIS2 attendee on this blog post:
As a woman, a feminist, and an attendee of the conference, I considered Dr. Lindsay's 20 minute opening talk entirely appropriate and found it refreshing and reassuring. Too often that small group of feminists who hang out a FTB use the privilege concept to attempt to silence anyone, male or female, who dares to disagree with their position. Dr. Lindsay's reassurance that that was unacceptable at the conference was entirely what I wanted to hear at that point.

Rebecca Watson, PZ Myers and that group do not speak for all feminists, and while waiting in the Marriott lobby for our car to be brought around before we left, I discovered I was not alone in my feelings on this matter. I found that better than half the people I spoke to considered Ms. Watson's blog post offensive.
It's interesting that PZ and Watson don't mention their enormous privilege and advantage they have over most 'ordinary' people... namely, we don't have a blog or a twitter audience numbering in the tens of thousand. It's harder for the ordinary person to get their voice heard, because their voice is often much quieter (by the order of several magnitude) than the likes of PZ and Watson. Also, most ordinary people don't have a pack of loyal devotees/attack dogs to set on people who dare to disagree with them.

treestump

Post by treestump »

Jack wrote:I wonder. If PMZ came here would he get 'bombarded with insults?' Of course his definition of 'insult' may anyone who swears (as he does) or disagrees with him. If his definition of 'insult' is gratuitous offence that serves no purpose I wonder how much he would get here?
Yep, and even if he was insulted by a few random people, that's not harassment (and he even says as much). SZ, OB, RW have an endless fascination collecting every scrap from every site that they can use to say that they are "harassed" (I bet Tom Cruise gets thousands of hate-mail every day. I doubt he cares, suspect he just bins them all and gets on with enjoying his life). The core dishonesty is what's particularly galling to me about what FTB-Skepchick do. It's disturbing and hard to understand how people as dishonest as that can function in their lives what with inventing victimhood narratives and spending all their time obsessing about how everyone is harassing them.

I guess I'd probably feel sorry for them if it wasn't for them continually trying to destroy decent peoples lives with their witch-hunts.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

deLurch wrote:
JustAtheist wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:Just to change the subject a little bit:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/friends ... 045149276/

Friends of the FFRF - it's FB page for friends of the group but is not officially representative of them.

This Facebook page has been reported to the FFRF by Maiforpeace, because in her mind, it is full of bigots and assholes. Good to see her doing the good work of keeping the ranks ideologically clean. She's been at them for weeks and now they have to shut down. Slacktivism at its finest.
The Louse filled Canuck had his hand in this also as well as a few other A+ sympathizers.
Any more information on this? The link goes nowhere.
See if this link goes somewhere:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/friends.of.ffrf/

It won't be around much longer.

JustAtheist, do you have any sources on this? You can PM me. I'd be interested to see what Thimbledick has been up to.

treestump

Post by treestump »

LMU wrote:
Apples wrote:--snipped--

The rape threat thing I think had to do with youtube comments at maybe a Tf00t video where some troll posted a rape threat and someone else speculated she had done it herself.

--snipped--
IIRC the "rape threat incident" took place on a thread on TF's blog shortly after he left FTB last year. An anonymous poster made it and she responded to it with a paragraph of text within two minutes (timestamp 1 min after the post she was responding to IIRC). The timing and the length of her post made it suspicious.
Is the rape threat still somewhere to be seen? All I can see are these:

http://strangesally.wordpress.com/categ ... t-culture/
"Once upon a time ... just after Thunderfoot’s brief misadventures as a blogger at FreeThoughtBlogs.com ... some anonymous poster threatened to “track you down and rape you.” All right, that sucks. I pointed it out, and emailed Thunderfoot at the email address listed on his site. No response. And pretty much immediately, some of the other commenters there began to claim that it was actually me. Like, I logged out as SallyStrange and then logged in as anonymous to post a rape threat against myself."

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-563637
This was during Ben Radford turn to be witch-of-the-week.

http://storify.com/ElevatorGATE/convers ... -spokesgay
This one is interesting as she seems to be stupidly seems to attribute some kind of blame to Tf00t for some randon persons comment (yeah Sally, I suspect he has nothing to say as he had nothing to do with it)
"Nothing to say about these fucking lies, @thunderf00t?"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:
HA! I'd have given them a bit of credit if they actually told me to go to infowars.com but all I got was:
"only shills would question Alex Jones"
"the facts are so self evident we can't tell you them"
and, of course...
"You want to be spoonfed! Do your own research to prove my claims!"
There's some odd people in this world.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Cunning Punt:

This link brings something up.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ffrf.friends/?fref=ts

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:
HA! I'd have given them a bit of credit if they actually told me to go to infowars.com but all I got was:
and, of course...
It must be very exciting being a devotee of Alex Jones.

It'd be a bit like living in a post apocalyptic warzone, except you don't have to forage for cans of out-of-date dog food or fight off roaming biker gangs.

So it's like post-apocalypse for the very lazy.

Which I can relate to.

JustAtheist

Post by JustAtheist »

Cunning Punt wrote:
deLurch wrote:
JustAtheist wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:Just to change the subject a little bit:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/friends ... 045149276/

Friends of the FFRF - it's FB page for friends of the group but is not officially representative of them.

This Facebook page has been reported to the FFRF by Maiforpeace, because in her mind, it is full of bigots and assholes. Good to see her doing the good work of keeping the ranks ideologically clean. She's been at them for weeks and now they have to shut down. Slacktivism at its finest.
The Louse filled Canuck had his hand in this also as well as a few other A+ sympathizers.
Any more information on this? The link goes nowhere.
See if this link goes somewhere:

It won't be around much longer.

JustAtheist, do you have any sources on this? You can PM me. I'd be interested to see what Thimbledick has been up to.
I left the group when they closed it unfortunately so i have no links for ya. It was a post by a guy complaining that people arent being nice right after mai posted about FFRF needing to do something about vacula the known mra linking to his article about the prayer banner.

JustAtheist

Post by JustAtheist »

Jonathan wrote:Cunning Punt:

Thats the new group

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:
and, of course...
Apropos of not much, several years ago I came across a rather apt comparison of creationists and conspiracy theory nutbars (9/11 twoofers in particular) written by someone who had spoken to a lot of people in both groups.
1. Both groups come to their conclusion a priori. Finding supporting data is a post-facto annoyance.

2. Both groups come to their preconceived notions partly due to hatred and/or fear. One group because they hate or fear the Bush administration. The other group either because they either hate non-believers or fear their God.

3. Both groups find tremendous support in their like-minded circle of friends.

4. Neither group is willing to concede a point to the opposition, regardless of whether or not it undermines their central thesis.

5. Both groups see giant organized conspiracies whose only function is to fool the public. Somehow this giant conspiracy never has members that defect & call the press or decide to cleanse their soul on their death bed.

6. Both groups consider anyone who disagrees with them to be stupid, evil or part of the giant conspiracy.

7. Both groups are willing to cling desperately to wild, easily-disproven "evidence". There is ZERO filtering of this evidence.

8. Both groups are composed of typical fanatics, with all the characteristics that entails - bi-state world, good guys & bad guys, everyone falls into one of those categories, this issue defines good & bad guys, etc.

9. Both groups recruit heavily amongst the YoungAndStupid and the YoungAndCredulous.

10. Few members of either group are ever swayed out. A few. A very few.
So many people are susceptible to sloppy thinking, not just the religious ones. Religion just seems to be one manifestation of the complete loss of rationality in favor of maintaining pet ideas.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Jack wrote:
Gumby wrote:From Ophelia's "Oh look, blue sky" thread, Sili opines

"Double plus good, since I’m going. And the added bonus is that the haters must be fuming at their failure now.

This is just gonna get worse, I fear. Please take care of yourself."
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-565022

Why would we be fuming? What did we fail at? Oh, right, Sili is one of the idiots who fell for the propaganda that we Pitters have been plotting to keep Ophelia from going to the conference, and that we must be VERY ANGRY that she's going.

I love how he warns Ophie to be careful, as if our "failure" is going to cause us to explode with homicidal rage or something. Oh wait, didn't a fan of Ophie's warning her to be careful cause her to skip a con last year?

What a bunch of fucking bumbling stumbling idiot liars.
All so predictable. Set up a false narrative. Suffer with great bravery and fortitude. Survive the non existent threat. Declare triumph over adversity. Walk on water and anoint the minions.

J Christ could have learned from her and saved all that nailing to the cross business.
The narrative was set up years ago of course. Maybe I'm being a little cynical but to me it's classic product placement. Create a problem that doesn't exist then sell the solution.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

JustAtheist wrote:

Thats the new group
This is the old one, slated to shut down on June 30.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Well I thought I had succeeded, but I was wrong. Pogsurf has blocked me on Twitter. Also this: http://pogsurf.blogspot.com/2013/06/mon ... itors.html
Not long after I created this post, Metalogic42 got in touch to tell me I had done it all wrong. Unfortunately he (it's always a he) proved to be certifiably insane and I have had to call for the men in white coats.
I guess being harassed counts as harassing someone now. :D

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

FrankGrimes wrote: The narrative was set up years ago of course. Maybe I'm being a little cynical but to me it's classic product placement. Create a problem that doesn't exist then sell the solution.
That's the way I've always thought of it, except I tend to think of it in religion-building terms rather than product placement.

1. Start spreading propaganda that men are evil patriarchal beasts who hate women and would rape them if given the tiniest chance. Men become Satan, misogyny becomes Original Sin, because all men are necessarily afflicted with it.

2. Announce the cure - a specific gender feminism that will fight the devil and sin. Tell everyone that salvation from misogyny can only be attained by following this doctrine.

3. Brand all those who follow different philosophies, or disagree with even minor aspects of the doctrine, as evil patriarchal misogynists who are unclean. Shun them, shame them, vilify and pillory them, and try to exclude them from the community.

4. Control your flock as tightly as you possibly can. Monitor their every word and action, and hold those words and actions up against the doctrine for regular purity checks. Incorrect thinking or misspoken words are to be punished. Lockstep uniformity is key.

5. CASH!!! (At least, for the people at the top.)

It's that old-timey religion all right.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

JustAtheist wrote:

Thats the new group
Yeah, whoops. Where's the edit button? This is the old one.

It's "Friends of FFRF", not "FFRF Friends". Splitters.

ArghWonderist

Post by ArghWonderist »

Fuck, my laptop seems to have died. I'm back to this old clunker.

Anyone know what it means when the laptop turns on, but the screen stays blank and the CapsLock key's light flashes on and off steadily, but nothing else happens? It's either something simple, or it's fucked, I'm guessing. Argh!

(Lsuoma, sent an email about login)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ArghWonderist wrote:Fuck, my laptop seems to have died. I'm back to this old clunker.

Anyone know what it means when the laptop turns on, but the screen stays blank and the CapsLock key's light flashes on and off steadily, but nothing else happens? It's either something simple, or it's fucked, I'm guessing. Argh!

What brand of laptop?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

ArghWonderist wrote:Fuck, my laptop seems to have died. I'm back to this old clunker.

http://www.conelrad.com/images/wargames ... equest.jpg

Seriously though, if it's an HP: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... 32551#N409

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:

What brand of laptop?
Guessing HP - blink codes here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... 98EA&tool=

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Password sent.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

When I start Zazzle E-Begging, I'm so stealing the Che Guevara concept that you stole.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Can be as simple as a dead battery to a completely fried mobo, bad memory, BIOS failure, CPU failure... These are some CAPSLOCK LED codes:

LEDs blink 1 time CPU CPU not functional
LEDs blink 2 times BIOS BIOS corruption failure
LEDs blink 3 times Memory Module error not functional
LEDs blink 4 times Graphics Graphics controller not functional
LEDs blink 5 times System board General system board failure
LEDs blink 6 times BIOS BIOS authentication failure

Count the flashes before the pause.

If it's spaced equally (flash/pause) as in your description, you're probably dealing with a fried CPU. But even before that, I'd start with taking the battery (the little one on the mobo, not the laptop power battery) out and replacing it. Sometimes that's the real problem.

If you have BIOS corruption, try rebooting a time or two. Sometimes it can recover it. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall the BIOS and your mfg should have help site for that.

If it's the memory, start with reseating it.

If it's the graphics controller it's a shop repair at a minimum.

General system failure can be fixed with a new battery (sometimes) but is usually a major problem requiring a new motherboard.

BIOS authentication errors typically happen when you replace old parts with new parts. The BIOS is supposed to update itself, but you may have to do it manually during boot.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Gumby wrote:
FrankGrimes wrote: The narrative was set up years ago of course. Maybe I'm being a little cynical but to me it's classic product placement. Create a problem that doesn't exist then sell the solution.
That's the way I've always thought of it, except I tend to think of it in religion-building terms rather than product placement.

1. Start spreading propaganda that men are evil patriarchal beasts who hate women and would rape them if given the tiniest chance. Men become Satan, misogyny becomes Original Sin, because all men are necessarily afflicted with it.

2. Announce the cure - a specific gender feminism that will fight the devil and sin. Tell everyone that salvation from misogyny can only be attained by following this doctrine.

3. Brand all those who follow different philosophies, or disagree with even minor aspects of the doctrine, as evil patriarchal misogynists who are unclean. Shun them, shame them, vilify and pillory them, and try to exclude them from the community.

4. Control your flock as tightly as you possibly can. Monitor their every word and action, and hold those words and actions up against the doctrine for regular purity checks. Incorrect thinking or misspoken words are to be punished. Lockstep uniformity is key.

5. CASH!!! (At least, for the people at the top.)

It's that old-timey religion all right.
Well yeah, I'd agree in general but to me, religion is kinda blind in a lot of ways. Of course there are people who's goals are to make money but they're in the minority. Mostly, religious people actually believe the shit their selling. Their belief is genuine if obviously delusional. With these other crazies the end goal is to make money by doing fuck all. The delusional believers in religion are usually more interested in spreading the word. With this lot, without the freebies and lack of effort (1) they get from inserting themselves into a culture where they were never actually needed they wouldn't have anything so they need to keep the "bad problem - we have the solution" thing (narrative if you will), going because it's all they have.

Religion does actually have a product to sell - it's the history and romance of the Bible (and yes I know all about the bullshit in that book, I read some of it last night in a hotel room - fuck it's boring). These people are trying to divert money from an established "movement" for their own ends, based on nothing but the drama they create. They do. not. have. a. product. They wish they did but they don't so they have to do the most cynical thing.

Actually they seem to be doing ok at the moment. People seem to be falling over themselves to buy.

* They don't seem to put in many solid hours IRL. In fact, their whole M.O. seems to be to put in as few hours as possible. Not to mention that very few of them, if any, have any quals whatsoever that would normally be a prerequisite for any proper speaking job.

ArghWonderist

Post by ArghWonderist »

Steersman wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Wonderist wrote:Nice posts, Metalogic42. :-D Pogsurf is fucking *absurd*, I can't believe he/she got banned from FTB. They'd probably be a perfect fit over there. Pogsurf harassing us: http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/06/07 ... ent-254101
I think you might be misjudging him - he seems to be at most sort of on the fence, hardly a dyed-in-the-wool FfTB-dogmatist. You might want to take a look through some of the first posts that Michael made in leading up to the start of the dialog for some of Pogsurf's comments as I seem to recollect reading several of his then, and having a conversation or two with him.
My goal here is to make a public point that what the pit does isn't harassment. It doesn't matter who's doing the "harassing". It could even be you.
Bit of a grey area and somewhat open to interpretation:
Harassment covers a wide range of behaviours of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behaviour which is found threatening or disturbing.
Seems that criticism of various public policies and statements, and individuals where they are related doesn’t qualify but that personal attacks and ad hominems do. Although that is somewhat of an impression from previous readings on the topic so I'm not quite sure where the dividing line is, but that seemed to be a salient one.
If one is continually contacting another (e.g. sending emails, private messages, etc.) when the other person has basically said, "Stop", that's when things start to become harassment. But holding a public debate in a forum like this, I guarantee you (well, maybe not, since I'm not a lawyer, but anyway) is not harassment.

BTW if anyone is actually pestering people like that, fricken stop dumbass! Someone blocks you on Twitter or Facebook or whatever, take a hint. But if all you are doing is speaking your mind in a place you have access to do so, you're good.

With that in mind, even 'personal attacks' would be legal (though I think that's stupid and makes no point; and also assuming it's not slander/libel), and ad hominems are just people blowing steam or trying to get a rise (trolling), which, while fucking annoying sometimes, is not harassment until it becomes continually contacting a person even when they said directly, "Stop".

Any kind of threat of harm is right out, though. That crosses the line.

If in doubt, don't do it. Do something more expressive and creative instead and post it here or somewhere else. Free speech and free expression, not threats and intimidation. Fight bad ideas with better ideas, not worse ones.

Obligatory IANAL, but this should all be common sense. If it's not, and you really feel the urge to pester someone and can't figure out if it crosses the line, see a lawyer or a mental health professional.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

All this talk about dead laptops is quite triggering. I've had cold sweat for the last five minutes or so.

Now that I think of it, my fan is making a strange noise...

*dies of CPU anxiety*

LMU

Post by LMU »

[quote="treestump"]--snipped--
Is the rape threat still somewhere to be seen? --snipped--

This should link to the comment and Sally Strange's response: http://thunderf00tdotorg.wordpress.com/ ... mment-9837

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Apples wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Wonderist wrote:Perhaps what the skeptic/atheist community needs is more focus on issues connected to mental health. It's sadly neglected in our wider societies, and there's lots of myths and bunk out there. I'm sure it's a fruitful area of exploration.
That last thing we need is amature hour when it comes to mental health. You need real professionals who know what they are saying to talk about these issues.
Speaking of mental health and SimpleFlower/sleepingwytch, she shows up in the 'Gulag lounge here and ends up more-or-less dominating the thread with her unique insanity and obsession with sweaty, lingering ((soft hugs)).

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-631026
http://www.freezepage.com/1370774776GZCAIDJGHE
What Simpleflower's describing there sounds very similar to a DMT trip, and it does look like she's had a close encounter with the Machine Elves.

Praying mantis/large-eyed bug imagery isn't unusual in those experiences.

Wonder if she'll have a vision of getting anally probed, like Whitley Streiber did...

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

How I imagine joining Atheism+ would look like in real life.
http://i.imgur.com/cIQdvVE.png

Conversely...
http://i.imgur.com/Wbc2UdA.png

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:Completely off-topic but still fucking brilliant:

http://order-order.com/2013/06/09/watch ... -politics/
Awesome.

I love how he's refined his media skills over the years and instinctively knows how to tailor the message to the audience.

I was slightly disappointed though - he forgot to mention chem-trails.

Also, I see that he met long-time rival for nutbag-in-chief, David Icke for the first time yesterday at the Bilderberg protest. A close shave for the people of Watford I think - up to now they've been kept apart at all costs in case they self-annihilate in a blast of gamma rays.
What's up with the Youtube comments? Are there actually people who take Alex Jones seriously?
Unfortunately yes. My nephew listens to him and believes a lot - although he hadn't said a word about the "government can control and steer tornados bit he did.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Badger3k wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:Completely off-topic but still fucking brilliant:

http://order-order.com/2013/06/09/watch ... -politics/
Awesome.

I love how he's refined his media skills over the years and instinctively knows how to tailor the message to the audience.

I was slightly disappointed though - he forgot to mention chem-trails.

Also, I see that he met long-time rival for nutbag-in-chief, David Icke for the first time yesterday at the Bilderberg protest. A close shave for the people of Watford I think - up to now they've been kept apart at all costs in case they self-annihilate in a blast of gamma rays.
What's up with the Youtube comments? Are there actually people who take Alex Jones seriously?
Unfortunately yes. My nephew listens to him and believes a lot - although he hadn't said a word about the "government can control and steer tornados bit he did.
Alex Jones said what now?

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

So, re: t'shirts... I doubt anyone here gives a shit but I'm going to get some made anyway. The provisor that I got was that the boss wanted one for free. Too easy. But I'm having trouble with a few things: 1) The design (though I've had a few awesome ideas after the last few pages), and 2) How to get them to people if they want them. Thing is, I don't want to be accused of attempted doxing or whatever so I don't want people's addresses or emails or ip's blah blah.

First things first though I think this one is epic: viewtopic.php?p=97595#p97595

So, I'm going to get a few made unless there are objections. I know I'd love to have one and apparently if I have one the boss needs one too so.... 1) any design objections? 2) Does anyone know how I could get these things delivered without having people's dox?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Apples wrote:
McSpewin wrote:Three of your four examples here are what is commonly referred to as "junk food" (a term I don't like because no food is "junk" to someone who needs the calories). And "junk food" is commonly associated with fat people—and increasingly associated with fat people, as the "war on obesity" is waged via public initiatives like Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban.

The intent of this graphic may not have been to suggest that spending $1 billion on candy, or Superbowl snacks, or potato chips, is profligate and self-indulgent spending, but it certainly reads that way to me.
*sigh*

http://www.shakesville.com/2013/06/i-write-letters.html
Re - the inset quote: Derp! No shit it's saying that they are profligate and self-indulgent. If you need calories, there are much better ways to get it than super bowl snacks, candy, and potato chips - a lot healthier ways. What a tool. :doh:

LMU

Post by LMU »

windy wrote:Anecdotal but interesting comment from a WIS2 attendee on this blog post:

I don't know much about uberfeminist, but do they know about currie jean's petition?

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Pitchguest wrote:Alex Jones said what now?
Weather weapons - Tornado control.

Jeez, keep up. How else do you think the government intends to herd the sheeple into the FEMA death camps?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Gumby wrote: LOL. Come on! If I saw a drunken Ceepolk in the vicinity of some cliffs I know which direction I'd lead her in.
Your hotel room?

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

deLurch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Gumby wrote: LOL. Come on! If I saw a drunken Ceepolk in the vicinity of some cliffs I know which direction I'd lead her in.
Your hotel room?
The nearest elevator? :dance: :doh:

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:
and, of course...
Yeah.

[youtube]-3lppfJv8IQ[/youtube]

windy

Post by windy »

Gumby wrote:From Ophelia's "Oh look, blue sky" thread, Sili opines

"Double plus good, since I’m going. And the added bonus is that the haters must be fuming at their failure now.

This is just gonna get worse, I fear. Please take care of yourself."
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-565022

Why would we be fuming? What did we fail at? Oh, right, Sili is one of the idiots who fell for the propaganda that we Pitters have been plotting to keep Ophelia from going to the conference, and that we must be VERY ANGRY that she's going.

I love how he warns Ophie to be careful, as if our "failure" is going to cause us to explode with homicidal rage or something. Oh wait, didn't a fan of Ophie's warning her to be careful cause her to skip a con last year?
Well, it's great that he wants women to feel safe to attend conferences. That means, I suppose, that joking about kidnapping someone you met at a conference and keeping them chained in your flat will be out of the question? :shhh:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Actual footage of Ceepolk training her cat.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Who wants to see the most fucked up video on Youtube? It's so fucked up I can't believe it's still one there.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

The two most fucked up videos actually.....

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

So apparently I'm "cruel and immoral" and "have the gall to call myself a humanist", because I don't think parody Twitter accounts are harassment. WTF happened to people?

cunt

Post by cunt »

I think it was Kassiane, but yeah all the videos on youtube with people attempting to take their cat for a walk are like that.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Metalogic42 wrote:So apparently I'm "cruel and immoral" and "have the gall to call myself a humanist", because I don't think parody Twitter accounts are harassment. WTF happened to people?
Hyperbole happened.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

FrankGrimes wrote:So, re: t'shirts... I doubt anyone here gives a shit but I'm going to get some made anyway. The provisor that I got was that the boss wanted one for free. Too easy. But I'm having trouble with a few things: 1) The design (though I've had a few awesome ideas after the last few pages), and 2) How to get them to people if they want them. Thing is, I don't want to be accused of attempted doxing or whatever so I don't want people's addresses or emails or ip's blah blah.

First things first though I think this one is epic: viewtopic.php?p=97595#p97595

So, I'm going to get a few made unless there are objections. I know I'd love to have one and apparently if I have one the boss needs one too so.... 1) any design objections? 2) Does anyone know how I could get these things delivered without having people's dox?
I want to point out that I didn't demand one - I think the suggestion I should get one came from someone else.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Who wants to see the most fucked up video on Youtube? It's so fucked up I can't believe it's still one there.
Go on then.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

FrankGrimes wrote:So, re: t'shirts... I doubt anyone here gives a shit but I'm going to get some made anyway. The provisor that I got was that the boss wanted one for free. Too easy. But I'm having trouble with a few things: 1) The design (though I've had a few awesome ideas after the last few pages), and 2) How to get them to people if they want them. Thing is, I don't want to be accused of attempted doxing or whatever so I don't want people's addresses or emails or ip's blah blah.

I just did a new logo based on that design that I think is a little better (better graphically and it also fills the shirt out better)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 513dde.png

I think the back should have something as well - maybe a poll could be made with slogans or other ideas.

As far as dox go, I don't know. I have an alternate address it could be sent to but not everyone does.

If you wanted to use my design (although I think others here could do better) I can send you the artwork file if you need it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:I think it was Kassiane, but yeah all the videos on youtube with people attempting to take their cat for a walk are like that.
Kassaine.....Yeah, you're right. It's Ceepolk who thinks it's everybody elses responsibility to give her clothes and walk her home when she gets shitfaced and strips naked.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Who wants to see the most fucked up video on Youtube? It's so fucked up I can't believe it's still one there.
Go on then.
Thank you Cunt. Thank you for asking for this.
[youtube]eVm88MX2Gw4[/youtube]
[youtube]0g09RQfWEY4[/youtube]

If you can watch the second one full screen and without literally being sick in your mouth then you're a greater man than me.

ArghWonderist

Post by ArghWonderist »

treestump wrote:PZ Myers defines harassment
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -a-lesson/

http://i.imgur.com/54S6Qp4.png

Nerd of Redhead then completely mangles PZ's definition:
- PZ says that if he is "bombarded with insults" on any non-FTB site then that can NOT be considered harassment.
- Nerd of Redhead then contradicts that. PZ says "bomarded" is not harassment, Nerd says that any continuation past the incident date on non-FTB sites IS harassment. But basically, their positions are clear: harassment is "anything that FTB wants it to be, and any definitions can be changed at any time".

http://i.imgur.com/LrbgcNG.png

Also, Nerd equates a disgreement to him as "MRA fuckwit" and "Pro-harassing women". Nice language.
Many insults from FTB follow, "fuckface", "fuck you", "fuck off", "piece of shit" etc (i.e. business as usual for the civil folks at FTB).

PZ quickly fumbles to twist his own words and re-re-mansplain what he meant and the minions call for the dissenter to be banned. PZ bans the dissenter to howls of joy from the echo chamber. PZ pontificates on the threatening/harassing terrors of hashtag usage(!), pornography, and threats to slip things into his pockets (money? Was Franc Hoggle attempting to make private donations to the Church of A+theism again??). PZ talks of "bizarre attack blogs". It's true, blogs can be odd, I know of one where the author froths and rambles about her ego and twisted reality projections and her endless hate-mongering.

http://i.imgur.com/gR6cPGA.png
Baloney, PZ. If you have no reason to reasonably fear for your safety or a family member's safety, there's no harassment. You're the host of a public blog/site. If someone tries to merely use your blog to post comments, not threats at you but just comments, then they may be 'bothering you' but they are not criminally harassing you. Get bothered. This is the fucking internet. Trolls are trolls. Harassment is more along the lines of what David Mabus/Dennis Markuze did when he posted threatening images and text about people.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:
Go on then.
[footube]eVm88MX2Gw4[/footube]
[footube]0g09RQfWEY4[/footube]

If you can watch the second one full screen and without literally being sick in your mouth then you're a greater man than me.
What's the difference between Bud Light and Bud Dwyer?
Bud Light has a better head on it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:
Go on then.
[footube]eVm88MX2Gw4[/footube]
[footube]0g09RQfWEY4[/footube]

What's the difference between Bud Light and Bud Dwyer?
Bud Light has a better head on it.
Badum, tish!