Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
bhoytony

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:@ Cunt.
Have you seen the channel 4 series Fresh Meat?
If not check it out coz it's right up your street.
[youtube]rVEqQLAV8Ig[/youtube]

JustAtheist

Post by JustAtheist »

At the other extreme is Daenerys Targaryen, a woman whose story began with a tragic arranged marriage to a terrifying and powerful man who raped her
I love this part from the article. Shows they watched the tv show and projected their own meaning into it, and never read the books or her thoughts in it( which is super funny if you have read the books because both dany and drogo say no to each other over and over during the first sex encounter but it has nothing to do with rape). They are fucking nitwits.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: If Westeros really wanted to get its shit together it would be ruled by Tywin Lannister(completely amoral but the smartest character on the show) and by Olenna Tyrell(the second smartest character on the show).
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3207/6yvz.png
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uplo ... gg-015.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... VCRobscRIs

Damn you!!!! WHY!!?? WHY!!??

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
YEEEES!!!!Get the fuck in.
Are you anything like Howard?

agarybuseychristmas

Post by agarybuseychristmas »

Right... and if these paragons of virtue met a man who said he'd slept with 25 women in the last year they wouldn't think twice about dating him. Or calling him a dudebro.
Let's not split hairs, here. Unless he looked like Brad Pitt, they'd probably assume he raped a large portion of them.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
YEEEES!!!!Get the fuck in.
Are you anything like Howard?
I'm pretty much identical to JP.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

windy wrote:
Altair wrote: Dafuq? how the hell did she get from the previous conversation (which had some weird overtones but more or less made sense) to "thinking of a woman as a toilet"?
Let's say some men do think of women as toilets, it still doesn't make sense. As long as the toilet is clean, do you care exactly how many people have shat in it?
Call me a thickie but Ophelia's tweet went right over my head. Has she been exposed to mercury in the past?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Altair wrote:New from Stephanie: http://www.freezepage.com/1371229199INLJHQRFFB

it's a long post, which contains jewels like these two:
So will any people those leaders don’t value. In these movements, there will be social stratification. The leader and his or her friends will be on one level. The people who can influence the leader, directly or through those friends, will be on another. Those people who have annoyed or offended the leader will be pariahs. The great mass of people, who may care and be as motivated on these issues as the leader, will generally be ignored until needed for something.
At the same time, we still allow some personalities–and some leaders–to put cronyism first. We still allow them perqs that harm people not on their “level”. We still accept abuse of those who challenge and disagree with leaders or with that club mentality. We still put social factors ahead of getting work done.
So, we get leaders, pariahs, abuse and club mentality. She's talking about FTB and the SJW's, right?
Haha. Please, please, someone still with access to Zvan's blog, make a post where you quote the line about the pariah and then Ed Brayton's line about Thunderf00t. That would make my day. Assuming it doesn't end up in purgatory, or deleted outright.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

[youtube]Q5_2UB3Sa20[/youtube]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

JustAtheist wrote:
At the other extreme is Daenerys Targaryen, a woman whose story began with a tragic arranged marriage to a terrifying and powerful man who raped her
I love this part from the article. Shows they watched the tv show and projected their own meaning into it, and never read the books or her thoughts in it( which is super funny if you have read the books because both dany and drogo say no to each other over and over during the first sex encounter but it has nothing to do with rape). They are fucking nitwits.
To be fair, even though the book is usually cool and calculating, the meeting between Drogo and Dany was much 'warmer' (so to speak) in the book than on the show. Never understood why they changed that. Then again, it also built Dany up as a stronger woman and Drogo was pretty much an afterthought anyway. But whatever. The feminis- I mean the show must go on.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Ok, if we're posting Fresh Meat clips, then I have to show this, it's fucking great

[youtube]fjXqyQNPnSQ[/youtube]

Dave

Post by Dave »

H. Korban wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2013/ ... h-answers/

Why is this vain, foolish, irrelevant person claming to represent all atheists by telling everyone else what questions not to ask us? Now she wants atheists to think of themselves as marginalized victims, needing protection by Mama Christina, just in case any privileged theists asks us questions and we break down from all the harrasment. Quite the contrary. All these questions are very relevant and I enjoy thinking about them and answering them. What is clear here is the continuation and expansion of vicitm narrative into everything the Buffoon Collective does, erecting new unchallengable dogmas and setting up of Secular Priests. Its amazing how soon some supposed secular person can lapse back into a new religion.
I dont get the dont ask these questions things. Yeah those questions are stupid and can be annoying. But depending on my mood and their attitude any of those questions are either an opportunity to educate or tear someone a new asshole. Since I enjoy either one, please, please ask me those questions.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

Why is this vain, foolish, irrelevant person claming to represent all atheists by telling everyone else what questions not to ask us? Now she wants atheists to think of themselves as marginalized victims, needing protection by Mama Christina, just in case any privileged theists asks us questions and we break down from all the harrasment. Quite the contrary. All these questions are very relevant and I enjoy thinking about them and answering them. What is clear here is the continuation and expansion of vicitm narrative into everything the Buffoon Collective does, erecting new unchallengable dogmas and setting up of Secular Priests. Its amazing how soon some supposed secular person can lapse back into a new religion.
It's such a self-absorbed post. Using atheism as another avenue to earn victim cred.
I don't believe in god! Pity me!
Maybe she's starting on her new vanity publishing project. In a few months it will be "One Hundred Questions Not to Ask an Atheist".

I've heard many of those questions before tho, and in my opinion most of them are pretty dumb.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

bhoytony wrote:Ok, if we're posting Fresh Meat clips, then I have to show this, it's fucking great

[youtube]fjXqyQNPnSQ[/youtube]
Superb!

sacha

Post by sacha »

AndrewV69 wrote:Oh FFS!

A paper at PLOS is blaming teh menz for female menopause. Just ONE MORE example THAT MEN ARE TO BLAME for everything that afflicts every woman in the world...

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/inf ... bi.1003092
Here we use a stochastic, two-sex computational model implemented by computer simulation to show how male mating preference for younger females could lead to the accumulation of mutations deleterious to female fertility and thus produce a menopausal period.

most scientists believe it is the other way around: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22886668

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sulaco wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Oleana Redwyne or whatever the fuck her name is is the best. IMHO.
Tyrell not Redwyne. Although, did they change her name for the show? I can't remember now. Anyway, the Queen of Thorns is an awesome character. She's even better in the books if you haven't read them already. Even Little Finger has a lot of respect for her.

Her, The Imp, The Spider and Little Finger are all my favorite characters.
I kind of forgot about Varys and Peter when I called Twyin and Olenna the smartest people in Westeros. I actually think the entire SOIAF is a chess game between those two.

Altair

Post by Altair »

sacha wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: (...)

Here we use a stochastic, two-sex computational model implemented by computer simulation to show how male mating preference for younger females could lead to the accumulation of mutations deleterious to female fertility and thus produce a menopausal period.

most scientists believe it is the other way around: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22886668

Based on my layman's knowledge of evolution, this quote from your linked article makes a lot more sense than believing that some preference appeared out of nowhere and then influenced half the population's genetics.
But a UK expert said that was the "wrong way round" and men chose younger women because older women were less fertile.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

welch wrote:
Tribble wrote:
That's a false analogy. Sioux is, in fact, the name of a Native American tribe. Redskins is, in fact, a commonly understood as a racial slur. It may have not started out that way, much like 'nigger' came from 'negro' which is merely Spanish for 'black.' But it is now.

Not really. the names the various tribes have are Lakota, Dakota, etc. Sioux is a name given to them by other tribes, and can be considered something of an insult in and of itself.

Well, If Lakota's, Dakota's etc. take offense at being called Sioux... My apologies to them, but that's how I learned it (along with most everyone I know) because the reality here in America is that we don't spend much, if any, time on the Indians while we're in school.

Same old story as most of my peers: White teachers... White kids.... Skip right on by....

Far as I can remember, what little time we spent on Indians not associated with the Revolutionary War was mostly spent on, far as I can remember, the Cherokee Nation and the Trail of Tears with a day-or-two of other tribes thrown in sort of gratuitously.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Dave wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: And, yeah, Tyrion Lannister is awesome but I think Arya will overshadow him in the pissing contest.
I know very little about GoT. (I attempted to read the books but I got sick of Martin's constant use of the +5 Sledghammer of Foreshadowing and gave up early on in the first one.)

But based on what little I know, I cant tell if you are referring to a literal pissing contest or just a figurative one.
I got through the first three volumes -- I read the first 2.5 the skimmed the last 0.5. I look back on it and wonder why I stuck it out that long as I didn't much care for it even by the end of Volume 1. Good thing I only checked it out from the Library. Didn't waste my money on that rubbish.

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

A paper at PLOS is blaming teh menz for female menopause. Just ONE MORE example THAT MEN ARE TO BLAME for everything that afflicts every woman in the world...

Dilbert can put results from such computer models in perspective:

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1992-07-21/
http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1992-07-22/
http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1992-07-22/

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Cunning Punt wrote: I think you don't realize that Rayshul is from New Zealand (correct me if I'm wrong, R.) She is talking about anti-Americanism, which would have peaked during the Bush years for obvious reasons.
You are correct. I did not know. Which makes everything she wrote make a crap-ton more sense.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Oh, and I see Oolon there, dining out on the Slymepit once more. Bless him, you'd think it was all he had.

'Oh Oolon, please do talk about the Slymepit some more. You're really interesting when you do."

Every comment he mentions this place. Even when the blogpost has literally nothing to do with The Great Divide Oolon will mention the Slymepit.

He has three known accounts here, has shown up as a "guest" to act like a prick and mentions us every chance he gets on every blog he visits.

I think he doth protest too much. He fucking loves us.
Oolon is to the Slymepit what Richard Littlejohn is to public toilets frequented by gays.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Oolon's words have the most unpleasant, grating, whining, autistic, soulless, irritating, emotionless and unlike-able quality to them. He sounds exactly the same when he speaks as he does when he types. It makes me feel like all the colour is sucked out of the room. Could he be a real-life Dementor?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

jjbinx007 wrote:Oolon's words have the most unpleasant, grating, whining, autistic, soulless, irritating, emotionless and unlike-able quality to them. He sounds exactly the same when he speaks as he does when he types. It makes me feel like all the colour is sucked out of the room. Could he be a real-life Dementor?
No, I discovered recently that Oolon is really a member of the Goldfish Poop Gang.
TVTropes wrote:A comedic version of the Recurring Boss, the Goldfish Poop Gang are characters who keep popping up, requiring you to fight them multiple times through the game. They quickly devolve from being actual threats to pesky nuisances, something the party may comment on. The trope name comes from the Japanese idiomatic phrase kingyo no fun, which literally means "goldfish crap" but idiomatically means a sycophant or hanger-on. That's because goldfish poop has a tendency to stick to the goldfish. So it's vaguely loathsome stuff that follows the fish around, just like a Goldfish Poop Gang.

May overlap with recurring Quirky Miniboss Squads if they're not treated seriously. Frequently overlaps with being an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain or Harmless Villain.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote:
Altair wrote:I like this twitter conversation because it shows the strange thought process some of the SJW's possess.
The logical leaps are astounding:

First we start with Miri saying that both men and women seem to engage in slut shaming. So far, not bad, people can be judgmental assholes to other people, we know that.

Then a bit later, Miri makes it all about teh menz again, ignoring that there are women who like to date other women and who might have thoughts about their partner's history

And then Ophelia goes for the Tour-de-weird

Dafuq? how the hell did she get from the previous conversation (which had some weird overtones but more or less made sense) to "thinking of a woman as a toilet"?

She's so desperate to make victim points for herself and all of womankind that she just projects a "bitchez-aint-shit" attitude on everyone else even when the subject is just tangentially related.
Right... and if these paragons of virtue met a man who said he'd slept with 25 women in the last year they wouldn't think twice about dating him. Or calling him a dudebro.

The above is if I recall a given in the manosphere. Here is the Science Daily take:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... htm?[quote]
Men's perceptions were also more dependent on their own promiscuity: Promiscuous men favored less sexually experienced men in just one measure -- when they viewed other promiscuous men as a potential threat to steal their own girlfriend.[/quote]

Nothing new about the above either. I know I do not want a man-slut around my female relatives for one. But then I dropped a friend completely because I it was just going to be a matter of time before I made a move on her, and the only way to avoid it was to have nothing to do with both of them.

(and that from personal experience, is one of the ways someone gets beaten to death)

YMMV

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Contest time. Whoever gets post #100,000 gets to pick my new avatar image. Nothing illegal of course, but anything else goes.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

The reason Rupert Murdoch is divorcing Wendy Deng is because she was fucking Tony Blair.

/latest gossip, scandal mongering, and completely unsubstantiated.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AndrewV69 wrote:But then I dropped a friend completely because I it was just going to be a matter of time before I made a move on her, and the only way to avoid it was to have nothing to do with both of them.
Hand, fingers, eyes faster than. Let me reword that so it makes sense:

But then I dropped a friend completely because it was just going to be a matter of time before I made a move on his wife, and the only way to avoid it was to have nothing to do with both of them.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Whig wrote:So a FTB post talks about some wording in the new National Defense Authorization Act before the US congress about a provision that sounds like it's just for the MRFF. I like the MRFF and the work that they do, it's important and more attention should be paid. But I think it's pretty shitty when they talk about NDAA problems for the MRFF and don't even mention one line about another provision that allows the indefinite detention of people (including Americans which I only point out because of the very clear rights they have when it comes to what the government can do to them) without charges. It's the same kind of narrow thinking they always do, if they aren't directly involved in an issue it's not important. It's a mild omission, but I think it's too crucial an issue not to at least throw one line in the article.

FfTB article: http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondb ... ent-211226

Info on indefinite detention: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/1 ... lp00000003
The authors of that particular blog (unpopular with the SJW crowd - FWIW), are probably unable to criticize everything. They are all active duty military members.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote:
Altair wrote:I like this twitter conversation because it shows the strange thought process some of the SJW's possess.
The logical leaps are astounding:

First we start with Miri saying that both men and women seem to engage in slut shaming. So far, not bad, people can be judgmental assholes to other people, we know that.

Then a bit later, Miri makes it all about teh menz again, ignoring that there are women who like to date other women and who might have thoughts about their partner's history
But look what Miri said about the study:
Slut-shaming study: Women discriminate against promiscuous women, but so do men. http://buff.ly/19oOqVg
If you follow the link and read what it says you'l notice the following sentence:
The Cornell study itself didn’t rate male attitudes about promiscuous women (or vice versa)
In other words Miri added "but so do men" as if it is a scientific finding of that study when it explicitly states in the article she linked that this question wasn't part of the research.

That is either pure academic incompetence on her part - not reading the results of studies but cherry-picking some results and making up the rest out of her own personal bias - or she is simply doing an oolon - making things up to deliberately deceive her idiot readers, who she presumes are too stupid to read the evidence for themselves - even when it's presented in the form of a slate article.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ooops bad quoting in the previous post. My mistake. Its all in order but the part "but look what Miri said about the study" and onwards is from me, not AndrewV69.

welch

Post by welch »

Outwest wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Altair wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Yep. That "I need feminism" pic has been altered. Here is the original: http://whoneedsfeminism.tumblr.com/post ... 713/debate.
Good catch, Renee. Those uppity women teaching us skepticism once again! curses! :dance:
After a few skeptical burns lately (my fault for being lazy), I'm getting more and more into digging deeply into something before accepting it as fact. Which is going to probably lead me to stop following a few people on Twitter/YouTube (the Elam-WBB fiasco - not liking the use of some words on the part of WBB and her hubby).

I'm so uppity ;)
For those not familiar with what Renee was talking about re: WBB:

[youtube]NGHim9L5Fns[/youtube]

Bring some Motrin.
THis is why i'm glad I don't have the patience for youtube.

welch

Post by welch »

I'm really tired of always being asked the same ten or so questions about computers. But I also know that to the person asking, these may still be new questions with answers they don't yet have. So, I answer them, and try to be nice about it, because eventually, i'm either dead, or everyone around me has asked. Either way, how is it their fault for asking?

welch

Post by welch »

Tribble wrote:
welch wrote:
Tribble wrote:
That's a false analogy. Sioux is, in fact, the name of a Native American tribe. Redskins is, in fact, a commonly understood as a racial slur. It may have not started out that way, much like 'nigger' came from 'negro' which is merely Spanish for 'black.' But it is now.

Not really. the names the various tribes have are Lakota, Dakota, etc. Sioux is a name given to them by other tribes, and can be considered something of an insult in and of itself.

Well, If Lakota's, Dakota's etc. take offense at being called Sioux... My apologies to them, but that's how I learned it (along with most everyone I know) because the reality here in America is that we don't spend much, if any, time on the Indians while we're in school.

Same old story as most of my peers: White teachers... White kids.... Skip right on by....

Far as I can remember, what little time we spent on Indians not associated with the Revolutionary War was mostly spent on, far as I can remember, the Cherokee Nation and the Trail of Tears with a day-or-two of other tribes thrown in sort of gratuitously.
oh absolutely. It's not a commonly known thing, you almost have to be around the tribes to get that bit. But it does throw a wrench into some of the arguments for keeping the name. Which isn't an argument anymore, hasn't been for a year, and PeeZus should well fucking know that.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Wait, according to the twitter radfem quoted earlier here, the definition of rape is assault with a penis.

It just shocks me that these social justice warriors can't keep their narratives straight. OK, it doesn't shock me at all.

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:But then I dropped a friend completely because I it was just going to be a matter of time before I made a move on her, and the only way to avoid it was to have nothing to do with both of them.

But then I dropped a friend completely because it was just going to be a matter of time before I made a move on his wife, and the only way to avoid it was to have nothing to do with both of them.
Um...wait, what? How is it you can't not make a move on someone? It's a really fucking simple thing to not do.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:
Outwest wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Altair wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Yep. That "I need feminism" pic has been altered. Here is the original: http://whoneedsfeminism.tumblr.com/post ... 713/debate.
Good catch, Renee. Those uppity women teaching us skepticism once again! curses! :dance:
After a few skeptical burns lately (my fault for being lazy), I'm getting more and more into digging deeply into something before accepting it as fact. Which is going to probably lead me to stop following a few people on Twitter/YouTube (the Elam-WBB fiasco - not liking the use of some words on the part of WBB and her hubby).

I'm so uppity ;)
For those not familiar with what Renee was talking about re: WBB:

[youtube]NGHim9L5Fns[/youtube]

Bring some Motrin.
THis is why i'm glad I don't have the patience for youtube.
Yeah, point taken. I initially defended WBB because the MGTOW are insufferable (like RadFems, it's all basically a sociological conspiracy) and halfway through the initial conversation with Elam he turns into a dick.

However, after that hour and 20 minute what.the.fuck, that I swear I couldn't get ten minutes into -- so I will take the word of people who described the "retarded faggot" cackling -- how can anyone defend her?

Clusterfuck and egos.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I don't think of women as toilets, Ophie. But seeing as how you're the one who brought it up... why do you think of women as toilets?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Um...wait, what? How is it you can't not make a move on someone? It's a really fucking simple thing to not do.
It's because all men are savage beasts who can't control their megarapey penises.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

You mean like this?

http://i.imgur.com/iE3zKQN.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Altair wrote:New from Stephanie: http://www.freezepage.com/1371229199INLJHQRFFB
This weekend, we have two tests of our movements. Leaders of two of the largest and best-known organizations are being watched as their decisions tell us what they’re willing to put up with. The board of the Center for Inquiry, obviously, makes a decision on whether they are willing to allow their organization and their conferences to be used to exercise the ignorance and personal grievances of their CEO. Their meeting ends today. On Sunday, the president of American Atheists will appear on the podcast of someone who calls himself a “brave hero” for openly advocating for the culture of abuse that exists within our movements. He’s given preliminary indications he’s ready to challenge that culture, but we’ll have to see what the outcome of that appearance actually is.
No, it's the secular/skeptic/atheist/whatever movement, which right now is in a crisis of leadership. I bet you didnt' see that one coming :roll:
I think it's great that Stephalump calls a man making a calm and reasonable speech in favor of skepticism and against silencing tactics the "ignorance and personal grievances" of that man.

There isn't enough Preparation H in the multiverse to soothe the manufactured butthurt of these drama queens.

Remick

Post by Remick »

welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Some people are incredibly weak, also, stupid.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Karmakin wrote: There's a reason why generally speaking I have zero use for people who are big into "movements".

It ALWAYS ends up this way. Just a bunch of assholes beating up on one-another, justifying their own assholery.
It always ends up a few self-appointed "leaders" clawing and kicking and scratching their way to the top of a hill, with no regard for anyone who gets in their way. Peezus and Co. built a hill that no one wanted and was totally unnecessary to build, then proclaimed themselves the leaders of all at the bottom of the hill. Hilarity ensued.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Why are you bad men making me wait so long for my menopause. I'm 50 now. Haven't I done my time under The Curse? Haven't I paid my dues to the Patriarchy as a Gender Traitor? I keep thinking 'hey, maybe that was my last period' and then another comes along and ruins my fun.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Aneris wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:Oolon's words have the most unpleasant, grating, whining, autistic, soulless, irritating, emotionless and unlike-able quality to them. He sounds exactly the same when he speaks as he does when he types. It makes me feel like all the colour is sucked out of the room. Could he be a real-life Dementor?
No, I discovered recently that Oolon is really a member of the Goldfish Poop Gang.
TVTropes wrote:A comedic version of the Recurring Boss, the Goldfish Poop Gang are characters who keep popping up, requiring you to fight them multiple times through the game. They quickly devolve from being actual threats to pesky nuisances, something the party may comment on. The trope name comes from the Japanese idiomatic phrase kingyo no fun, which literally means "goldfish crap" but idiomatically means a sycophant or hanger-on. That's because goldfish poop has a tendency to stick to the goldfish. So it's vaguely loathsome stuff that follows the fish around, just like a Goldfish Poop Gang.
Perfect. I see a Jan Steen shoop in this! :lol:

sacha

Post by sacha »

bhoytony wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: If Westeros really wanted to get its shit together it would be ruled by Tywin Lannister(completely amoral but the smartest character on the show) and by Olenna Tyrell(the second smartest character on the show).
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3207/6yvz.png
Emma Peel - she was hot

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Gumby wrote: I don't think of women as toilets, Ophie. But seeing as how you're the one who brought it up... why do you think of women as toilets?
Ophie doesn't think of all women as toilets, at least not herself.
A toilet is a woman that allows a penis-haver to squirt his filthy rape juice in her.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Altair wrote:
dogen wrote:
dogen wrote:Not sure whether anyone else has seen this, but here's a long ramble by Marcotte claiming that guys being jerks is now a political movement to keep teh wimminz down:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/13/s ... -movement/

One comment in particular caught my eye:
There's also a lot of coordinated action in the form of community-building. All-male gatherings where men rate the women they work with, tell nasty jokes to each other, complain about the matriarchy -- it's pervasive enough that it's almost invisible
Well played, that poster! :clap:
Also, the stock image at the top of the article is rather problematic...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/u ... ssment.jpg

Do you see what they did there?
What I'd like to know is: what is she doing on that computer? judging from her face's expression, she must be disarming a nuclear bomb capable of destroying the whole planet
Well, since she's a woman, she's obviously looking up a recipe, amirite?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Metalogic42 wrote:Contest time. Whoever gets post #100,000 gets to pick my new avatar image. Nothing illegal of course, but anything else goes.
Please oh lord God, who I have always believed in, let me win this contest.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

I'm just hoping to sweet baby Mithras that no one tries pounding a screw into a plank of wood with their MegaSchwantzâ„¢ this time.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:Contest time. Whoever gets post #100,000 gets to pick my new avatar image. Nothing illegal of course, but anything else goes.
Please oh lord God, who I have always believed in, let me win this contest.
Haha. Btw, I dont know whether to go by the post count, or by the number in the link (example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=266&start=31050#[b]p99632[/b]). Is the bolded number a post number? Or something else?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Oh, and on second thought: if it's something borderline acceptable, like gore/porn/etc., Lsuoma will have to sign off on it first.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Oh, and one more thing: the winner has to provide the picture.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Metalogic42 wrote:
welch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

It's because all men are savage beasts who can't control their megarapey penises.
Speaking for myself, and only myself, I have found that it is better for me to remove myself from certain types of temptation.
Remick wrote:
welch wrote: Um...wait, what? How is it you can't not make a move on someone? It's a really fucking simple thing to not do.
Some people are incredibly weak, also, stupid.
*smirk*

Spoken like someone who has never been led around by his penis.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Unrelated nugget of YT goodness:

"While Valentina Lisitsa was busy in the UK with promotion for Rachmaninov, there were some problems with bad weather so her Eurostar train back to Paris had to be cancelled and she ended up stuck at St Pancras International for some time! However, the delay did not deter her from taking to one of the station's Street Pianos and performing for passers-by in the station!"

[youtube]waXMhyQtLyM[/youtube]

(I'm in love with Valentina :oops: )

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Tune in tomorrow to see if I make a complete fool of myself.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chill_girl ... subman-usn

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Bhurzum wrote:Unrelated nugget of YT goodness:

"While Valentina Lisitsa was busy in the UK with promotion for Rachmaninov, there were some problems with bad weather so her Eurostar train back to Paris had to be cancelled and she ended up stuck at St Pancras International for some time! However, the delay did not deter her from taking to one of the station's Street Pianos and performing for passers-by in the station!"

[youtube]waXMhyQtLyM[/youtube]

(I'm in love with Valentina :oops: )
And now so am I! :shock:

bovarchist

Re: "Man Objects To Prayers Before City Council Meetings"

Post by bovarchist »

bovarchist wrote:
justinvacula wrote:As I promised...huge news was coming...and here it is!

On June 13, I attended a city council meeting in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania following Mayor of Wilkes-Barre Thomas Leighton saying -- concerning the "Nothing Fails Like Prayer" banner I had hung with help of the FFRF -- "We live in a free country; unfortunately everybody has the rights to whatever what they want to say” (Source: http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... fortunate/). Amidst the Mayor's comment, which I found in a newspaper article, a citizen said city council opens with prayer...so I went to investigate and found such a prayer (twice - June 11 and June 13).

Commenters are already chiming in on the WNEP-TV 16 article. I would appreciate if some pitters joined in for some fun.
Comment left under nym J_Brisby.

Reposted here for convenience:
bovarchist wrote:Not only was America not founded on Christian principles, it directly contradicts Christian principles. The Constitution is one of the most atheistic documents ever written.

Christianity teaches that power ultimately derives from God. America is based on the idea that power ultimately derives from the will of the people.

Christianity teaches that we are all part of God's plan, and must submit to His will for us. America is based on the idea that we are all born free, and can live our own lives as we see fit.

Christianity teaches that the world is forever corrupt, must be destroyed, and we must look to the next world to be happy. America is based on the idea that we can pursue happiness in this life, and that we can make this world ever more perfect.

Christianity teaches that only God can help us. America is based on the idea that you have to be self-reliant.

Christianity teaches teaches repression and intolerance. America teaches freedom and acceptance.

So choose. You can be a good American, or you can be a good Christian, but you can't be both.
Da fuk? My comment on that page disappeared. Anybody know why? Oh well, repost I guess.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Gumby wrote: I don't think of women as toilets, Ophie. But seeing as how you're the one who brought it up... why do you think of women as toilets?
I recall reading about this remarkable notion on I Blame the Patriarchy, the blog of radfem Twisty Faster. If I remember correctly (don't ask me to go back there, please) it was brought up in the context of a man ejaculating inside a woman without a condom. Then he is, apparently, using the woman as a toilet.

These people are strange, very strange.