Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by AndrewV69 »

16bitheretic wrote:So, um, been gone a few months thanks to real life stuff happening....what's up people?

I'm really out of the loop, but then I listened to that Brave Hero podcast with David Silverman, the more shit changes the more it stays the same...
Welcome back!

Try here (plus work your way back to the previous updates):

You have missed a lot of lulz that is for certain!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

AndrewV69 wrote:Latest Ally Fogg is up:

What do men see when they see Page 3?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2013 ... ee-page-3/

And, Judgy Bitch has a question:

Oh, what the fuck! Can any of these retards READ? SCOTUS did NOT strike down The Voting Rights Act! What is all this ridiculous hysteria about?
http://judgybitch.com/2013/06/26/oh-wha ... a-about-2/
That's just a reprint from his archives, but I still find it amazing he can publish something like that on FtB. It's like looking at a bit of anti-matter in a reaction chamber. Sooner or later, there's going to be an annihilation collision, you just know, and probably only a few neutrinos will be left over. You notice the likes of Myers, Benson, Christina, Swan, Miri, (and I'm sure I've missed some) won't go near it (Fogg's blog) with a ten foot pole. They're doing their best to pretend it's not there. Sure Myers intro'd it with his usual insubstantial deflection, but the truth is none of them are going to touch it. It really makes me wonder what was going through Brayton's head when he installed Fogg on FtB.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

The list things are useful, trying to casually browse here to get caught up is impossible.

I find the CFI/FTB/Skepchick to be more of the same old shit witch-hunting. It's practically cliche at this stage.

I'm quite intrigued by American Atheists getting sued by AJ after Silverman actually dared to categorize this very forum as full of KKK-esque people promoting rape and death threats. It's amusing how people that get wrapped up in supporting the worst elements of the professional atheist and skeptic blogging/conference scene get caught in the most embarassing of situations. I love all that outrage attacking AA for their potential treatment of a woman from an ethnic minority possibly being discriminated against, the pitchforks should be up and the torches ready any minut......um, any minute now? Hmmmmm......

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Does anyone else want to have a go? I'm pooped.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013 ... -943414837

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

16bitheretic wrote:So, um, been gone a few months thanks to real life stuff happening....what's up people?

I'm really out of the loop, but then I listened to that Brave Hero podcast with David Silverman, the more shit changes the more it stays the same...
That's it in a nutshell. With more lulz than you can poke a stick at.

Oh, and a couple of the roosters here had a cock fight a while back. Over something. Or other.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:See 1:40-1:55-ish mark for the goosebumps moment. (Assuming you lot are also vulnerable to that goosebump feeling when art really hits home. Maybe it's just me.)
Here's a few songs that give me that feeling:

Thanks. I hadn't heard any of these before. Currently listening to Alyssa lies, with chills going up my spine.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

16bitheretic wrote:The list things are useful, trying to casually browse here to get caught up is impossible.

I find the CFI/FTB/Skepchick to be more of the same old shit witch-hunting. It's practically cliche at this stage.
Speaking of witch-hunt, you should read this by Crommunist. It's hilarious.

Especially this bit:
  • 1. Is there a witch?
    2. Is there fire involved?
If you answered ‘no’ to either of those questions, then it’s not a witch hunt.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

cunt

Post by cunt »

Gumby wrote:
cunt wrote:\
Between 10 and 20 people read the other forums.... It can't be worse than the constant unfunny photoshops.
Or your constant attempts to be angry and edgy. Which are even less successful than the following crappy shop.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 881e6d.png
No actually that sucks as satire or whatever the fuck its supposed to be and it's obvious you spent hours on it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

16bitheretic wrote:The list things are useful, trying to casually browse here to get caught up is impossible.
That is the problem with buggering off for three months and taking up where you left off here.
It takes you three months to catch up on what you missed, and at the end of it you are now still three months behind.

(also the number of guests is almost always between 10-20 these days)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

VAXherd

Post by VAXherd »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I used to listen to 'The Atheist Experience' podcast a few years ago, as a kind of guilty pleasure. You never really learn much from listening to Dillahunty and friends, but it was sort of funny hearing them destroy the arguments of some really stoooopid Christians who would ring in and try to use some hilarious argument for the existence of Jeebus.

Well, it was funny, right up until the moment when Dillahunty admitted that many of these calls were fake.
His wife, Beth Presswood, would ring in and pretend to be a fundie, just to mock the religious, and Dillahunty would play along.
The 'stoopid fundie' calls were always the most popular parts of the show and were uploaded youtube to attract new subscribers.
Real drama, pretend drama, it doesn't matter.
Drama of any kind gets you attention.
The Atheist Experience is one of the main reasons I came to the Slympit, since their blog was what brought me to FTB. It makes such a cautionary tale about . . . tribalism as a whole, I suppose.

I found the clips on YouTube about two years before the trouble started, and began watching the full shows. They have an excellent archive, and I went through the whole thing. Everyone involved was reasonable and fair, and just so gosh-darned likable (yes, even Dillahunty when he was new). The current shows were a highlight of my week. Then they moved their blog to FTB. And went native. It was as if I had lost friends.

The only "fake" calls I noticed were the prank Beth Presswood and Russell Glasser played on Dillahunty, and a series from "Mark from the Austin Stone Church", who was eventually outed as an atheist troll. They have had their share of "sincere" pests, though.

On the (related!?) topic of sex parties/clubs, I've never been to one, but have been friendly with a number of people who have. By their accounts the "rules" are quite varied. For any given rule, "some do, some don't". The only strong commonality I saw was the (very unofficial) principle that single women were allowed to be straight, but married women were required to be bi (pressured about it and shunned if stubborn). Very odd, I thought.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'm quite intrigued by American Atheists getting sued by AJ after Silverman actually dared to categorize this very forum as full of KKK-esque people promoting rape and death threats. It's amusing how people that get wrapped up in supporting the worst elements of the professional atheist and skeptic blogging/conference scene get caught in the most embarassing of situations. I love all that outrage attacking AA for their potential treatment of a woman from an ethnic minority possibly being discriminated against, the pitchforks should be up and the torches ready any minut......um, any minute now? Hmmmmm......
[youtube]HZmHC75FDqQ[/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Pitchguest wrote:Speaking of witch-hunt, you should read this by Crommunist. It's hilarious.

Especially this bit:
  • 1. Is there a witch?
    2. Is there fire involved?
If you answered ‘no’ to either of those questions, then it’s not a witch hunt.
Yeah, he's totally not the affirmative action hire.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Welsome back!

What's happened in the past few months?
As you might guess, much of the same, but there are perhaps a few highlights.

First, Michael Nugent, a previously decent person, unfortunately began to transition into an Adam Lee.
He wrote a blog post listing 50 terrible things the slymepit has done (all unlinked, taken out of context, or even not originally from the slymepit at all!) and demanded Vacula denounce them (I'm beginning to see a pattern to Silveman's move.)
It was pointed out to Nugent that his own Irish Atheist forum had far worse material present (sexist, racist, rape jokes etc) to which Nugent, to his credit, didn't do the baboon move of ignoring. Instead he thanked the person who posted that material on his site - promptly setting off a fit of rage in the baboons.
Nugent tried one more time to shame the slymepit by linking to a crappy photoshop that some troll had posted of Ophelia's head stuck on a naked old womans body (it was quickly deleted here but Nugent (or more likely, one of his FTB allies) managed to capture a link
and post it on his site.

Ophelia was not pleased.

There followed another round of more racist/sexist stuff from the Irish Atheists being posted on Nugent's site. More embarrassed thanking from him, and more rage from Ophelia and chums.
Nugent then decided that playing FTBs battle general wasn't working and decided to play peacemaker.
He set up a 'dialogue' process that eventually consisted of several mostly pitters on one side versus the FTB side - represented by Steph Svan.
It was a painfully drawn-out procedure, never really getting into the real reasons for the conflict, but it is important to note that it was done in a polite and non-aggressive way from the pit side. Svan acted as you might expect.

The biggest result from this process seems to have been that Svan's interactions with the chair of the 'pit' team seems to have convinced her that Skep tickle needed to be dealt with.
The way she was dealt with is through Ophelia Benson doxxing her in the standard Ophelia way - revealing enough of the target's name that her rabid commenters figure out the rest of the details and piece it together on her site.

That move - doxxing a target - prompted PZ to change his rules so that he will now take up a pro doxxing position. Anyone he considers a harrasser is fair game for doxxing (translation: anyone who disagrees with him.)
Svan and Benson also wrote a posts that strongly suggested they feel justified in applying that policy.

And that move prompted many other bloggers to reiterate that doxxing is bad for the safety of commenters and is using an indirect threat of violence to silence the voices of those who may have legitimate criticisms.

OK, have I missed anything?

Oh yes, Vacula.

You've heard the Silverman Brave Hero interview (terrible performance by both participants - Vacula, a word of advice, it's OK to say 'I condemn anyone who issues a rape threat'. Your refusal to do that allowed Silverman the opportunity to rub those accusations in your face and prevented you from having a serious grounding to demand Silverman condemn the crap on Pharyngula)

What you've probably missed was Vacula (and Karla Porter) going to WISC2.
Prior to the conference they were portrayed by the baboons almost like the Manson family and yet they went, behaved themselves, and did a good job of live tweeting the conference proceedings.
All the expected outrage and claims of harrassment were deflected by the arrival of a new shiny target - Ron Jeremy errr Lindsay.

He gave an opening speech that mentioned that the privilege argument can be used to silence cetain groups from engaging in legitimate debate, prompting claims that since he was saying that as a privileged old white man he should just shut up and listen.

There was a huge FTB/Skepchick/Marcotte attempt at a coup-d'etat - and promises from Marcotte to withdraw from the secular movement if he didn't.
Well, needless to say he didn't resign (and neither did Marcotte follow with her promised withdrawal - fucking tease!)

Vacula is now about to go to the 'Irish Empowering Women Through Secularism' conference, organized by Nugent, with invited empowered women speakers, Ophelia, Watson and errr Peezus?)
Karla won't be there to babysit him so we can expect him to do his usual foot-in-the-mouth procedure to give the baboons some more drama for blog hits.
By the way, the Irish conference is in the Elevatorgate hotel.
Vacula has been ordered to get photos of the 'Elevator of Hell'.

Have I missed anything?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

16bitheretic wrote:I'm quite intrigued by American Atheists getting sued by AJ after Silverman actually dared to categorize this very forum as full of KKK-esque people promoting rape and death threats. It's amusing how people that get wrapped up in supporting the worst elements of the professional atheist and skeptic blogging/conference scene get caught in the most embarassing of situations. I love all that outrage attacking AA for their potential treatment of a woman from an ethnic minority possibly being discriminated against, the pitchforks should be up and the torches ready any minut......um, any minute now? Hmmmmm......
You mean like the outrage there should have been when it turned out Myers was making sexual comments to women on stage on conferences despite being a superfeminist?

It seriously takes about five minutes before someone unearths some shit they're doing which completely contradicts wtf they've been saying.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest wrote:Does anyone else want to have a go? I'm pooped.

No thanks, A Hermit is there, and it's like talking to a wall of bricks.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

You're telling me. Why do you think I'm pooped? I'll tell you.

1. SIWOTI

2. He's full of shit.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Pitchguest wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

You're telling me. Why do you think I'm pooped? I'll tell you.

1. SIWOTI

2. He's full of shit.
I find it pointless to engage in long arguments with the likes of 'A Hermit' or oolon.
Occasionally it's worth simply posting a comment that points out their lies or hypocrisy but the standard tactic they employ - constant shifting of the goalposts, redefinition of terms, reframing of everything into a victim/harrasser narrative - makes it counterproductive to try to argue them out of their position.
They have no position other than their side is right and the other side is wrong and they will switch points of view at a moments notice (and then promptly back again in the very next post) to maintain that stance.

This is political arguing, not skeptical debate.
Our side deserves power so we must be good. The other side does not so they must be bad.
Everything they do is consistent with that.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: [youtube]HZmHC75FDqQ[/youtube]
IMHO no one is completely hetero or homo. I'm about 5% hetero. It might be fun to speculate on the straight/gay ratios of various pitters and baboons... or maybe not. Most "straight" men react violently to even the suggestion of homosexuality in their genetic/psychological makeup.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

You have to admit that some of his comments are pretty hilarious though. A Hermit reminds me of a hermit crab. All tucked into his shell and deny, deny, deny, deny. I expected him to say "I am not a crook" any second.

And the black Svan reduced to saying "fuck you" at least four times with a "what the fuck you're talking about" thrown in, clearly indicates some turbulence due to rustled jimmys was going on.

Gruntled that lass of generous proportions and gentle disposition was not. A few chants of "om ma ne pad me hum" might be in order if you ask me.

All of this in no small part due to Pitchguest if memory serves.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Stephanie Zvan also made an appearance where she, surprise surprise, didn't condemn Greg Laden's comments to JT. In fact, she went after JT instead for not immediately shutting down a nonsensical comment that insinuated she and Greg were lovers - or something like that. But fear not, for she came back with viscious determination and with GUSTO ... told anyone who hadn't said anything about said comment to fuck right the hell off.

"Fuck you" was the response to my criticism that she doesn't ever call out Laden for his crap. Truly a force to be reckoned with.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Pitchguest wrote:Stephanie Zvan also made an appearance where she, surprise surprise, didn't condemn Greg Laden's comments to JT. In fact, she went after JT instead for not immediately shutting down a nonsensical comment that insinuated she and Greg were lovers - or something like that. But fear not, for she came back with viscious determination and with GUSTO ... told anyone who hadn't said anything about said comment to fuck right the hell off.

"Fuck you" was the response to my criticism that she doesn't ever call out Laden for his crap. Truly a force to be reckoned with.
Well what else could she do? The incriminating sex tape was published right here in the pit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Walter Ego wrote:
IMHO no one is completely hetero or homo. I'm about 5% hetero. It might be fun to speculate on the straight/gay ratios of various pitters and baboons... or maybe not. Most "straight" men react violently to even the suggestion of homosexuality in their genetic/psychological makeup.
I think Roy's song has nothing to do with sexual orientation, but more with hypocrisy, which is quite topical right now.

I myself have a few bisexual tendencies at times. There are guys I'd be more than happy to spend a night with. To whim:

http://wallpaperpassion.com/upload/4296 ... lpaper.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

AndrewV69 wrote:*snip*

Gruntled that lass of generous proportions and gentle disposition was not. A few chants of "om ma ne pad me hum" might be in order if you ask me.
*snip*
Ok, that's from a movie or animated feature. Trying to remember it without Google-fu. I remember someone stroking someone else's head.

Oh, got it! Disney's Mulan, right? (one of my favorites, and one of the very rare Disney movies where the songs don't irritate me. Which is why I fin Atlantis so fantastic: not a single fucking song!)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:*snip*

*snip*
Ok, that's from a movie or animated feature. Trying to remember it without Google-fu. I remember someone stroking someone else's head.

Oh, got it! Disney's Mulan, right? (one of my favorites, and one of the very rare Disney movies where the songs don't irritate me. Which is why I fin Atlantis so fantastic: not a single fucking song!)
Mykeru animated my avatar and posted it a page or two back. I think he was trying to imply something ... but what? :think:

Anyway I liked it enough to adopt it as my very own.

/clueless aspie

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

P.S.

The avatar is a sample of Islamic calligraphy. Seeing as I used to ride and go spear hunting in my reckless youth I felt a certain affinity.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:
I think Roy's song has nothing to do with sexual orientation, but more with hypocrisy, which is quite topical right now.
I was thinking of Mick Jagger and David Bowie, both "bi" guys. Bowie's ex-wife came home one day and found Mick and David in bed together.

[youtube]OhukUxODY0M[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Andrew, yes, clueless aspie indeed. I was talking about your "om ma ne pas me hum" comment, not your gif avatar (which I find lovely, well done that Mykeru).

Sorry, only found the clip in Spanish (or Portuguese? I can't tell the difference)

[youtube]WxqJGRj-2Bg[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

[quote="Phil_Giordana_FCD"

Sorry, only found the clip in Spanish (or Portuguese? I can't tell the difference)

[/quote]

Wait! Was that racist?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Quotes hate me... :,(

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

Walter Ego wrote:
Walter Ego wrote: I was thinking of Mick Jagger and David Bowie, both "bi" guys. Bowie's ex-wife came home one day and found Mick and David in bed together.
Fuck. Posted the wrong video. Here's the one I wanted.

[youtube]kYGXufc5k9A[/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:[quote="Phil_Giordana_FCD"

Wait! Was that racist?[/quote]

Probably some SJW can tell you it is. What is not racist these days anyway?

Welp. Time for bed. G'night all.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

P.P.S.

You never read any Lobsang Rampa I see. Anyway:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_mani_padme_hum

Also:

[youtube]iG_lNuNUVd4[/youtube]

Now good night. I really mean it this time

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

The Happy plagiarist errr... copy-paster errr... cheap Jonah Lehrer rip-off errr... Atheist!

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008 ... secration/ - same title

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006 ... e-in-my-a/ retitled, 'Top ten reasons religion is like pornography'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... -silliest/ retitled to. 'Happy Easter'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... ine-no-he/ retitled to just, 'Imagine no Heaven'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... ghters-of/ retitled to 'Daughters of Eve'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... etheus-si/ retitled to just, 'Prometheus Sin'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... -so-alone/ retitled to just, 'So Alone'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... nation-fr/ retitled to just, 'One Nation Free of Gods'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... embryo-is/ retitled to just, 'An Embryo is not a Person'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006 ... ers-reply/ same title

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... orthodoxy/ retitled to, 'We're Happier out of a Straightjacket Than in One'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... active-ha/ retitled to just, 'The Active Hand'

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006 ... due-those/ same title

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/03/08/niobrara/ same title

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007 ... heights-o/ same title

The final piece is probably my favorite of all PZ's writings. It shows that he is not some simple poseur, he does have talent. But read the comments and you'll notice just what, or rather who, he has been prepared to sacrifice in order to follow his political leanings.

I haven't seen the full chapter list.
From what Loftus has indicated it appears that nearly all of the above 'chapters' are simply blog posts from PZ's 'Sunday Sacrilege' series from his old scienceblog Pharyngula. There is nothing from his recent FTB blog. I don't know if that is telling us something - probably not, it looks like the 'book' was in limbo for a few years so there probably wasn't an opportunity for newer stuff to be included without delaying it even more.

IF what Loftus says is true - that many (most) of the chapters are just tweaked old blog posts, this is shocking, to say the least.
Remember, we are dealing with a book that took six years to get published.
It is, however, rather reminiscent of his (and his fellow conference circuit gravy-train riders) attitude towards conference attendees - 'to hell with writing a new talk, I'll just use my old one!')

acathode

Post by acathode »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Have I missed anything?
Ophelia went completely of the rails and started insisting that pretty much everything is harassment?
PZ Myers "divorced himself" from skepticism?
Donglegate and EllenBeth Wachs getting dogpiled by the horde, causing her to realize that her previous FTB friends were quite toxic?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

acathode wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Have I missed anything?
Ophelia went completely of the rails and started insisting that pretty much everything is harassment?
PZ Myers "divorced himself" from skepticism?
Donglegate and EllenBeth Wachs getting dogpiled by the horde, causing her to realize that her previous FTB friends were quite toxic?
Yes!
Never a dull day with the FTB horde.
:D

didymos

Post by didymos »

Walter Ego wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:
Walter Ego wrote: I was thinking of Mick Jagger and David Bowie, both "bi" guys. Bowie's ex-wife came home one day and found Mick and David in bed together.
Fuck. Posted the wrong video. Here's the one I wanted.
Bowie's definitely boned some dudes in his day, but I've never bought that story. She was notoriously bitter about their divorce (and the fact that she didn't get custody of their son) and it was a bit convenient that she started telling that story when she had a new tell-all book on the shelves.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Dick Strawkins wrote:But read the comments and you'll notice just what, or rather who, he has been prepared to sacrifice in order to follow his political leanings.
Yes - but when reading the comments be sure to use the Wayback Machine to get them all:

http://web.archive.org/web/201202020329 ... ghts_o.php

Just be careful that you need the old URLs too. A bit of googling got me this one.

Just for those reminiscing about Old Pharyngula!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

AndrewV69 wrote:
You bastard.

At least use one with a less annoying loop:
mgtowpoo2.gif
(7.71 KiB) Downloaded 331 times

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

didymos wrote:

Bowie's definitely boned some dudes in his day, but I've never bought that story. She was notoriously bitter about their divorce (and the fact that she didn't get custody of their son) and it was a bit convenient that she started telling that story when she had a new tell-all book on the shelves.
Is it Duncan you're talking about? If so, bloody genius! Two of my favorite films these last years are Moon and Source code.

didymos

Post by didymos »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
didymos wrote:

Is it Duncan you're talking about? If so, bloody genius! Two of my favorite films these last years are Moon and Source code.
Yeah. He basically grew up having nothing to do with his mother.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

cunt wrote:
No actually that sucks as satire or whatever the fuck its supposed to be and it's obvious you spent hours on it.

Told you it was crappy!

Now if you would only admit the same thing about your meaningless throwaway faux-edgy one-liners here that make up the vast majority of your posts. But, you won't, because you're a boring troll who thinks he's clever. Go back to arguing with Rystefn about nails and screwdrivers, it's the most useful thing you've ever done here.

didymos

Post by didymos »

It's also notable that David was the one who insisted on giving him the name 'Duncan' in addition to 'Zowie' in case the kid didn't want to go by crazy hippy one.

decius

Post by decius »

Dear Filthy Cunts

Those of you who follow me on Twitter will forgive me for the double posting, but I think this volume should figure prominently in the Pit's library.

Google has digitised, in full, The School of Venus - a raunchy sex manual for the Ladiez, first published in 1628.

Here's the link and a snippet.

http://books.google.de/books?id=_9dNAAA ... &q&f=false
Capture.JPG
(58.1 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
I'll most likely revert to posting mode after summer, due to current lack of time for internet in general.

Ciao

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Dick Strawkins wrote: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007 ... heights-o/ same title

The final piece is probably my favorite of all PZ's writings. It shows that he is not some simple poseur, he does have talent. But read the comments and you'll notice just what, or rather who, he has been prepared to sacrifice in order to follow his political leanings.
I remember that post - it's from about the time I first started reading Pharyngula. The difference in style and attitude is so much different from the simplistic angry drivel he posts today. He's like a completely different person.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

didymos wrote:It's also notable that David was the one who insisted on giving him the name 'Duncan' in addition to 'Zowie' in case the kid didn't want to go by crazy hippy one.
Good move. One hell of a great director anyway!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Gumby wrote:
cunt wrote:

Told you it was crappy!

Now if you would only admit the same thing about your meaningless throwaway faux-edgy one-liners here that make up the vast majority of your posts. But, you won't, because you're a boring troll who thinks he's clever. Go back to arguing with Rystefn about nails and screwdrivers, it's the most useful thing you've ever done here.
Cunt seems to have been going through a pissy/ranting phase lately. Quite alien to his early days here. I don't mind. Still funny with good outlooks.

Cunt: if you don't like ths 'toshops, don't look at them.

:lol:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

rayshul wrote: It seriously takes about five minutes before someone unearths some shit they're doing which completely contradicts wtf they've been saying.
Which to me isn't a big deal in most cases. People are never 100% consistent. The big deal to me is the fact they won't own up to what they would call stupid gaffes or hypocrisy in other people. They don't get to angrily lecture me about my shortcomings when they display the exact same shortcomings... but pretend their shortcomings don't exist.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Gumby wrote:
cunt wrote:

Told you it was crappy!

Cunt seems to have been going through a pissy/ranting phase lately. Quite alien to his early days here. I don't mind. Still funny with good outlooks.

Cunt: if you don't like ths 'toshops, don't look at them.

:lol:
I'm just having some fun. I don't take it personally; I'm more than sure he doesn't either.

decius

Post by decius »

Correction to my previous post, the publishing date was 1680.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Hunt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Latest Ally Fogg is up:

What do men see when they see Page 3?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2013 ... ee-page-3/

And, Judgy Bitch has a question:

Oh, what the fuck! Can any of these retards READ? SCOTUS did NOT strike down The Voting Rights Act! What is all this ridiculous hysteria about?
http://judgybitch.com/2013/06/26/oh-wha ... a-about-2/
That's just a reprint from his archives, but I still find it amazing he can publish something like that on FtB. It's like looking at a bit of anti-matter in a reaction chamber. Sooner or later, there's going to be an annihilation collision, you just know, and probably only a few neutrinos will be left over. You notice the likes of Myers, Benson, Christina, Swan, Miri, (and I'm sure I've missed some) won't go near it (Fogg's blog) with a ten foot pole. They're doing their best to pretend it's not there. Sure Myers intro'd it with his usual insubstantial deflection, but the truth is none of them are going to touch it. It really makes me wonder what was going through Brayton's head when he installed Fogg on FtB.
He's the lone Alan Colmes to the posse of Sean Hannity's that run amok on FtB.

Apples

metaphors - how the fuck do they work?

Post by Apples »

Heh. Comrade Physioproffe: DOMA was bad because it "intentionally fuckes gay people up the asse." :think:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/physioprof/ ... stitution/
http://www.freezepage.com/1372331288GKFLDKDUCL

Apples

Post by Apples »

Welcome back! This may interest you - http://www.skepticwomen.com - initiated by CurrieJean.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

cunt wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/BQc31zG.jpg
:think:
What? I assume you posted that because you think she's wrong.
1. There would still mental illness.
2. There is also the expanding social & iffy legal definition of rape (at least in the US). On the latter, if you and your wife opt to go to the bar and get hammered, and then have sex, legally you have raped her. On the former, as an example there is this prank in Japan, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho that has nothing to do with the hatred of anyone... well I'm just going to let you read it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Crap. ^"would be"

Evidently the introduction of a preview button has failed to improve my grammar.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

deLurch wrote:Crap. ^"would be"

Evidently the introduction of a preview button has failed to improve my grammar.
or even ^"would still be" ;)

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Mykeru wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
You bastard.

At least use one with a less annoying loop:
mgtowpoo2.gif
More flames! Whole new meaning to currying yer horse.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

Another video. Cinema Vérité this time. Fourteen minutes of me irritating my "little" brother at the house we're being evicted from. Trigger Warning: longueurs!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

This is kind of interesting. Read the comment and the thread prior to this comment. I'm guessing Nancy is of a "60s" generation. It's like a generation more connected with human interaction is conversing with the present day neo-puritans. I'm not sure if Miri is really capable of understanding what she's saying, given her script:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/brutereason ... ment-10409

For the record, I'm not a total enthusiast of body boundary liberalism. I used to have a business associate who was of the 80s personality power persuasion. His big thing would be to make you walk with him, then put his hand on the scruff of your neck and SQUEEEEEZE, almost to the point of pain. It was all I could do to resist punching him in self defense when he did it.