Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Old subthreads
codelette

Re: Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Post by codelette »

Gefan wrote:A good illustration of my personal hypothesis regarding the lack of diversity at Skepchickcon:

http://e.asset.soup.io/asset/4542/5470_0b59_350.gif
http://i.imgur.com/DYrfY.png

(I think even Mike Pondsmith will agree...them' crazy...)

sacha

Post by sacha »

bovarchist wrote:
sacha wrote:
often those with body-dysmorphic disorder that manifests as feeling as though they have one limb too many, will deliberately try to injure that limb beyond the point of modern medicine's ability to save it. That is the only way they are able to have it removed.
Does anyone else see a parallel between body-dysmorphic disorder and transgenderism?

yes, it's noted pretty much everywhere in the medical/psychological articles on "wannabe amputees"

sacha

Post by sacha »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
sacha wrote:
often those with body-dysmorphic disorder that manifests as feeling as though they have one limb too many, will deliberately try to injure that limb beyond the point of modern medicine's ability to save it. That is the only way they are able to have it removed.
Does anyone else see a parallel between body-dysmorphic disorder and transgenderism?
No.

Trans people usually want to change their bodies to that of the other gender, not simply have parts removed.
it's all body dysmorphic disorder. a strong feeling that you were not born with the correct parts, or correct amount of parts

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

cunt wrote:
As for the focus of this forum, it's more about the atheist community as a whole. People here are more than willing to criticize the men's right movement (of which many here, including myself, are not members) or even each other. To claim that this site is just about hating FTB is like saying The Soup is just about making fun of a single show.
Bullshit. What Ally F said was exactly right. You could take any random 10 pages of this thread and there'd guaranteed be something about FTB in there. That doesn't mean it's the only thing that gets discussed. It's the common theme and fuck me, is it stupid to deny that.
I was going to write a response, but I realized I was splitting hairs in an attempt to differentiate FTB coming up because that's where some of the most asinine individuals and their flock resides versus obsession with people just for posting on a particular network with others we don't like.
So I'll just post this instead:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/47c08bf2f283 ... o1_500.gif

sacha

Post by sacha »

deLurch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
bovarchist wrote:

No.
Trans people usually want to change their bodies to that of the other gender, not simply have parts removed.
Plus I have not heard of much in terms of self mutilation (actually none) to deal with their problem. They either go through a process for the surgery, or they opt to live with what they have.
they have the option of surgery. No surgeon will amputate a perfectly healthy limb

often the wannabe amputees will try to appear as if they are missing a limb.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Kareem wrote:
cunt wrote:
As for the focus of this forum, it's more about the atheist community as a whole. People here are more than willing to criticize the men's right movement (of which many here, including myself, are not members) or even each other. To claim that this site is just about hating FTB is like saying The Soup is just about making fun of a single show.
Bullshit. What Ally F said was exactly right. You could take any random 10 pages of this thread and there'd guaranteed be something about FTB in there. That doesn't mean it's the only thing that gets discussed. It's the common theme and fuck me, is it stupid to deny that.
I was going to write a response, but I realized I was splitting hairs in an attempt to differentiate FTB coming up because that's where some of the most asinine individuals and their flock resides versus obsession with people just for posting on a particular network with others we don't like.
In other words you don't have a response and thought that people would be impressed enough by a gif that you found on tumblr. She's so sarcastic, haha, "what-eva!!".

You might actually be right about that in the end. Who knows.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

sacha

Post by sacha »

John Greg wrote:In response to 16bitheretic (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 40#p107740), and others, who have occasionally, over the last year or so, posted this quote from that pathetic pimple Greg Laden, implying that it is a serious statement:
It is just that I am a very large, muscular man with martial arts training who never goes anywhere without my pit bull, and I always carry a gun. I am also famous for kicking ass, generally.
As much as I detest Laden, and would in no way whatsoever try to defend him for anything, it really, really, must be emphasised that that quote is Laden trying to be humorous and ironic/satirical. He does not own a pitbull, and he most certainly does not carry or own a gun -- he is a ragingly anti-gun kind of a guy, and is multitudinously and loudly on the record as such.

Anyway, we here at the Pit have got to be accurate in our slanders, otherwise we run the risk of just becoming a sort of FfTB part 2.
c'mon, it should be glaringly obvious

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

cunt wrote:
Kareem wrote: I was going to write a response, but I realized I was splitting hairs in an attempt to differentiate FTB coming up because that's where some of the most asinine individuals and their flock resides versus obsession with people just for posting on a particular network with others we don't like.
In other words you don't have a response and thought that people would be impressed enough by a gif that you found on tumblr. She's so sarcastic, haha, "what-eva!!".

You might actually be right about that in the end. Who knows.
Actually, I didn't have a response and just posted a non-answer so it wouldn't seem like I was deliberately ducking your post.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Well good job on that front, lol.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Justin just posted a link to this on FB:
http://justinvacula.com/2013/07/05/scor ... beginning/
I was surprisingly removed from my former blogging home at the Skeptic Ink Network (SIN). Join me at my new home - http://www.justinvacula.com

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

A new piece on my new blogging home -

"Justinvacula.com – A score to a new beginning"

Enjoy.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

I hadn't realized it 'til just now, but the pit is severely lacking valley girls.

Deo Vacuus

Post by Deo Vacuus »

Phil, I really enjoyed Score to a New Beginning! New fan.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Sacha said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 72#p107972):
c'mon, it should be glaringly obvious
Yes, indeed, it should be. But I've seen several people here quote that quote as though he was being serious, and as "evidence" of his hyperhypocrisy et al.

Anyway, I am probably just being pedantic and, ahem, hyperskeptical 'cause I haz a hangoverz.

/woe is meeeeee

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

justinvacula wrote:The near future will include more involvement with my objection to government-led prayer at Wilkes-Barre City Council meetings and further activism. I want to continue focusing on ‘the positives’ — moving away from ‘the drama’ which plagues the so-called atheist/skeptic community — and hope that many of my detractors [and associates] may do the same.
Nice article.

Just as a suggested exercise for yourself, make up a list of the writters, bloggers & podcasters you admire most.
Next write up a list of things that you feel make them so good or admirable.

See if you can incorporate some of those approaches into what you do.

I honestly don't care what direction you go in. But you apparently have a passionate interest in church-state issues, blogging, open exploration of ideas & podcasts. I just want you to be happy with yourself and the work you do and to do it better.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

justinvacula wrote:A new piece on my new blogging home -

"Justinvacula.com – A score to a new beginning"

Enjoy.
Nice response to Pontius Loftus.
Well done Karla ;)

cunt

Post by cunt »

Another thousand words of Justin dancing around the issue. I'd think that people are a bit more curious as to why exactly you got shit-canned from Skeptic-Ink than whether you think Loftus was fair to you in the comments.

It's because of the AVFM articles you're now obliged to write, isn't it?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

[quote="cunt"

It's because of the AVFM articles you're now obliged to write, isn't it?[/quote]

What articles are these?

I haven't seen anything about Justin writing anything else for AVFM.

:shifty:

cunt

Post by cunt »

Dick Strawkins wrote:[quote="cunt"

What articles are these?

:shifty:[/quote]

Look in the right hand column. He sold two "dedicated blog posts to a non-profit of your choice" at $100 each. They don't have to be AVFM but hey, what do you want to bet?

Parge

Post by Parge »

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried posting an acre of Lipsum to A+? Results?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

sacha wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
No.
Plus I have not heard of much in terms of self mutilation (actually none) to deal with their problem. They either go through a process for the surgery, or they opt to live with what they have.
they have the option of surgery. No surgeon will amputate a perfectly healthy limb

often the wannabe amputees will try to appear as if they are missing a limb.
Also, cases do exist of people being denied sex-change operations taking matters into their own hands. Binging 'transgender self castration' yielded numerous examples.

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

Sunday Surly

Sorry I just cannot embed the CNN embed code here.. visit here:

And have a good giggle.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

cunt wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Well, I listened to Ally Fogg on Reap's show and he came across as somebody who didn't really know anything about the situation, but still felt justified in telling everybody how to act. Definitely seems to think he is superior to all sides in the drama. He also seemed to be slightly pished.
Slightly pished, yeah. But he gave an honest outsiders view to the situation and asked a few decent questions that. Reap just couldn't answer without waffling on for 5 minutes and talking over the guy. I mean, seriously, are we really going to argue that the primary focus of this forum is not FTB and what they get up to?
How about that IP block, huh?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

cunt wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:[quote="cunt"

What articles are these?

:shifty:

Look in the right hand column. He sold two "dedicated blog posts to a non-profit of your choice" at $100 each. They don't have to be AVFM but hey, what do you want to bet?[/quote]

I was going to point out that the pledge was to write two articles about the organization, rather than FOR them - but then I remembered that we're talking about Justin Vacula and AVFM. Justin normally approaches that group with all the restraint and thoughtful decorum of a fifteen year old groupie who's managed to sneak backstage.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

karlaporter wrote:Sunday Surly
Sorry I just cannot embed the CNN embed code here.. visit here:
And have a good giggle.
Full video:

Smacks them down and then tells them that he loves them.
Single figure head, telling them that they need to love him and submit to him.

Definitely cultist behavior. Outside of Silverman's rant on Justin, this is one trait I don't see with the FC(n) crowd. It is either all love or all hate, so I will give them that.

windy

Post by windy »

Dick Strawkins wrote: There is also the problem that some people think that evolutionary psychology is focusing on one particular topic - the evolution of psychological differences between males and females. That is only one small part of Evo Psych. It is fraught with difficulties because there are very little genetic differences between men and women. Men have about 57 genes on their Y chromosome that mostly seem to be associated with testicular and sperm formation. The other 20,000 genes are the same in both men and women. It seems most plausible therefore, that if recent evolution occurred that affected human psychology, it would affect both men and women. But an evolutionary change that affects the psychology of both sexes is still Evo Psych.
Looks like you already walked this back a bit, but there is no theoretical problem in explaining a sex-specific adaptation that's genetically shared by both sexes. It could be a change in a regulatory region that increases its sensitivity to androgens, for example.

There may be other reasons why recent sex-specific psychological adaptations are unlikely to have evolved in humans, but it's not because the sexes share genes.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jan Steen wrote:[img] http://i.imgur.com/rK1BlWa.jpg [ /img]
Wonderist, for all the shit you are getting for your walls-of-text, I think a valuable point is being made. There is huge value in being able to state what you need to say with as few words as possible. Concise precise writing is an art form. And those who master it do very well. And those who don't tend to lose their audience.

The next time you write a long post, stop, review it. See if you can pull out the unnecessary fluff. With practice I am sure you become a better writer, and it will come more easily.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

10/10

I frothed.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Wonderist, i'll give you lessons in where you are going wrong.

Lesson one, see if you can spot the pitters

[youtube]XvVhKYmr8cE[/youtube]

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

cunt wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Well, I listened to Ally Fogg on Reap's show and he came across as somebody who didn't really know anything about the situation, but still felt justified in telling everybody how to act. Definitely seems to think he is superior to all sides in the drama. He also seemed to be slightly pished.
Slightly pished, yeah. But he gave an honest outsiders view to the situation and asked a few decent questions that. Reap just couldn't answer without waffling on for 5 minutes and talking over the guy. I mean, seriously, are we really going to argue that the primary focus of this forum is not FTB and what they get up to?
Bullshit he gave an honest outsiders view, and that was lie he kept repeating "I don't have a dog in the fight". He's a FTBer, of course he has a dog in fight. He was also pretending to not know much about the situation as he quite obviously did. Reap called him on it too.

decius

Post by decius »

Did you know: Peezus's has a background in neuroscience, that not even his wikipedia entry mentions.

It certainly is handy, under the circumstances.

http://www.freezepage.com/1373063806QGXVIOMKRN

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Whatever will the Baboon King make of this...

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

http://i.imgur.com/cJBmcXi.png

Shameless repost. In case anyone missed it... the letters are not random.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Here's some dumb crap:

[youtube]jRmlCBhJJK8[/youtube]

I wonder if Loftus misses the life.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Jacob Schmidt

@98: Bitethehand

When father’s can demonstrate that they as a whole have reversed this, they can expect some support from the Family Court.

"Bullshit. You don’t throw all fathers under the bus because some are shitty".

On the contrary, it’s men who’ve not only driven the bus, thrown themselves under the bus and then complained that they don’t even use the bus to get to work.

When men as a whole can demonstrate through the results of legitimate opinion polls, that the population at large recognises that they play an equal part in nurturing and caring for their children, then I’m quite sure the Family Courts will give them a sympathetic ear.

Until then I suggest that as long as they (the men) allow the clowns in Fathers4Justice in their hired party outfits, to desecrate the UK’s finest artistic and architectural treasures, I suspect the Family Court will quite correctly decide that they and the men they represent are not fit people to have responsibility for the care of children.
On the contrary, men are just under half the world’s population, they are not a class and they will never be one.

And I’m not suggesting men should be punished, quite the contrary, they should be rewarded. And rewarded by taking on the real tasks that their children will appreciate, like doing the cooking and the washing up, remembering their friends’ birthdays, making sure their school uniform is washed and ironed and they’ve had sufficient encouragement with their homework, and the toilet is clean along with the shower and the wash basin, and the shopping’s included their favourite sweets and savouries, and their teeth have been brushed properly and so on. You know all those things that women seem to find so easy but men find so difficult.

As such to try to equate what men suffer or enjoy or appreciate or disdain with one ethnic minority group is specious.

So if I sound like your racist uncle, I think you’ve been spending too much time with your male relations and not enough time with your female ones. :)
Just....what. First, apparently you cannot be thought of as a "class" solely based on your gender. As a male, at least. Apparently the female class is a given, because patriarchy. I thought implying that women are by nature better caregivers was simply a patriarchal construction, a false consciousness implant to ensure that females could never do anything else except breed, as the cattle they supposedly are in the system. But no, it's apparently an innate natural gift. Despite there being no biological differences between either gender.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

So...can anyone have a blog on Skeptischism?

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Some of these people have no consistent philosophy whatsoever. It's the reason why some biased morons can take a discipline like evo psych and say "oh no these conclusions are wrong" when it casts some negative light on their favoured side in the "gender wars" then come around and straightfacedly make the arguement that men are testosterone "damaged" women.
The sexism in the previous "arguement", for lack of a better word for that pile of utter bullshit, is blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain. It's pretty sexist towards women as well, if you take the "ITS TEH PATRIARCHY" explanation for every single gender role in society.

decius

Post by decius »

LurkerPerson wrote:Some of these people have no consistent philosophy whatsoever. It's the reason why some biased morons can take a discipline like evo psych and say "oh no these conclusions are wrong" when it casts some negative light on their favoured side in the "gender wars" then come around and straightfacedly make the arguement that men are testosterone "damaged" women.
The sexism in the previous "arguement", for lack of a better word for that pile of utter bullshit, is blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain. It's pretty sexist towards women as well, if you take the "ITS TEH PATRIARCHY" explanation for every single gender role in society.
They have no business calling themselves "skeptics".

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:..................................

How many people would, if faced with a suicidal family member, say a child, sibling or partner, just walk away?
And if they don't walk away does that mean they are simply narcissists or co-dependent?

Having said this I recognize that it can end up not being all one sided. BPD relationships can be very destructive for both partners and the long term consequences of living in a situation of constant 'walking on eggshells' should not be underestimated. Breaking this cycle can only be achieved by recognizing the facts of the condition and dealing with them (which, unfortunately, in the majority of cases is going to mean ending the relationship.)
People with issues tend to find each other. The narcissist is attracted by the initial mirroring behaviour and co-dependents are attracted to the dysfunction. Co-dependent people often, usually unconsciously, need someone to 'save'. Part of the recovery process for ex-partners of borderline sufferers often involves recognition of their own issues which drew them into and exacerbated/enabled the dysfunctional relationship.
I don't think that people form relationships with BPDs for different reasons than any other couples form relationships with each other. BPD behavior tends to be cyclical - they are 'normal' for part of the time and it is during that time period that they will begin relationships. Nobody would begin a relationship with a BPD who is in the uncontrolled emotional stage of the condition.
Why might they stay with someone who exhibits the emotional/hateful stage is another question.
Borderlines lack a consistent sense of self. They tend to be influenced by those around them and will frequently 'mirror' potential partners, which is flattering. They can be quite charming and their emotional intensity can make then seem exciting to be with. You frequently hear about how intoxicating the relationship was at first and how the red flags were ignored. People with issues of their own are more likely to be swayed by ego reinforcement when the borderline is 'painting them white', while more emotionally secure people will tend to pay more attention to the inconsistencies in personal history and behaviour. Obviously this is not true in all cases, but it's evident that even in the 'normal' phase borderline behaviour is still not normal and it is possible to pick up on it. None of this is judgemental of non-BPD partners. I'm not one of those individuals who likes blaming anybody for not being textbook examples of emotional maturity.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

bovarchist wrote:So...can anyone have a blog on Skeptischism?
Pretty much. The only criteria I'm imposing is skepticism.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Shameless self promotion...

OK, so, after a fucking gazillion people telling me that my website looks like it was designed in 1995, and another fucking gazillion people telling me that they are pissed off they can no longer access my old blog posts, podcasts and videos, I decided to integrate the two with a complete redesign.

So, for your amusement, information or horror (depending who you are), voila:

Official Website for Al Stefanelli

Apples

Post by Apples »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Shameless self promotion...

OK, so, after a fucking gazillion people telling me that my website looks like it was designed in 1995, and another fucking gazillion people telling me that they are pissed off they can no longer access my old blog posts, podcasts and videos, I decided to integrate the two with a complete redesign.

Rumors of your demise were greatly exaggerated.

ThreeFlangedJavis

cunt wrote:Fan-fucking-tastic. No this website is not about hating on FTB and Skepchick at all. No. Nah. *sticks fingers in ears*. Nope. Nah. lalalalalalalalah I can't heea--ar you.

Who the fuck do you think you're kidding. If you can't even get this by me, a regular at the slymepit.
Because it's obviously wrong if it can't get by you?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Apples wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Shameless self promotion...

Rumors of your demise were greatly exaggerated.
Well, to be fair, I did say I was winding things down back in February. My health was in the shitter, and I really didn't have the temerity to deal with all the fucking bullshit.

Well, my health is still in the shitter, but not as deep - thanks to some new meds, a change in my diet and the fact I finally quit fucking smoking a couple months ago.

I still don't have the desire to deal with the so-called rift, or interact with anyone from 'the other side. As well, I seriously doubt I will be updating that blog on a regular basis. My newspaper keeps me busy enough, and the rest of my free time is spent with my wife and spoiling the shit out of my grandchildren.

I might throw something up there every now and then, but it's basically where all my stuff is going to be living, if anyone still gives a fuck. I might also host a guest writer every now and then.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Wonderist wrote:Topic: Anti-trolling with Socratic Method
mikelf wrote: See, here is the thing. You can't appoint yourself sensei. You must be accepted as such. It should be clear that the proles here are not ready to accept your teachings. Perhaps it is your place, like Caine in Kung Fu, to wander in the wilderness, keeping your wits sharp and your rhetorical swords sharper. The day will come that they seek will you out. But, they must travel their own path to that future.
Wonderist wrote:But where have I actually *done* that, Mikelf? I talk about what works *for me*. I don't say, "you do this, and you do that," I say, "I did this, here's how I do. If you're interested, great, if you're not, just skip or ignore me. If it works for you, great, if not, oh well." And I've said repeatedly that I would be interested in learning from others here too.
mikelf wrote: You cannot force a seed to grow, Grasshopper. You can only continue your life's journey and hope that someday, when you return, that it has borne fruit.
Wonderist wrote: So, you don't have an example then?
mikelf wrote: What you seek, young Padawan, is all around you, but Pride hath blinded you to its discernment. You have been granted two ears and only one mouth so that you may listen twice as much as you talk. Similarly, you have two eyes, yet only type with one hand, so that you may read twice as much as you write.
Wonderist wrote: So, that's a, "No," then?
mikelf wrote: No, it is not. The evidence you seek is right here in every response to you, but, alas, none are so blind as those who refuse to see.
Nice try, mikelf, ya dodgy cunt, but you implicitly claimed that I had tried to "appoint" myself "sensei". I asked for an example. You blathered. I called you on it. You claimed the evidence I seek is 'all around' me. Since it obviously is not, I asked you directly whether your answer is 'No'.

You claim your answer is not 'No', but then you contradict yourself when you claim that the evidence (of *me* making a claim) are in *your* responses to me.

I understand you're trying to go for lulz. I'm just showing you and everyone who might be interested in anti-trolling that you end up looking silly when you can't keep your trolling motif straight.

So, we see that your claim was bullshit all along. You may have actually believed it yourself, though. If you did, that was rather unskeptical of you. If you didn't, then you were merely trolling, trying to waste peoples' time rather than add to a productive conversation. Either way, using anti-drama techniques (such as Socratic method in this case) helped identify misunderstanding and/or trolling quickly, without contributing to the drama myself. I don't need to be some 'sensei' to point this out for anyone interested. Anyone can do it. It's the technique that's important, not the one demonstrating it. Socratic method is literally thousands of years old. It stands up on its own. Just because I decide to demonstrate it doesn't mean I think I'm a 'master' or superior to anyone. That would be a faulty assumption on your part.

Nothing personal, though. We all make mistakes, myself included. Have a nice day! :-)
But - but - he has a killer O Soto Gari!!! - viewtopic.php?p=80977#p80977

http://i.imgur.com/niozG2X.jpg

Also he has heard of a remarkable thing called the 'Socratic method.' That's makes him at least Senpai, if not Sensei.

ThreeFlangedJavis

sacha wrote:.............................

it's all body dysmorphic disorder. a strong feeling that you were not born with the correct parts, or correct amount of parts
Body dysmorphic disorder tends to be about an obsessive focus on and inability to accept parts of one's own body from a purely aesthetic point of view. The imperfections are often magnified to a crippling degree. Transgenderism is about the mismatch between gender identity and physical sexual characteristics, or between societal expectations and one's own gender identity. Transgenderism is not that specific a term.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Al Stefanelli wrote:My newspaper keeps me busy enough, and the rest of my free time is spent with my wife and spoiling the shit out of my grandchildren.
No one can blame you for that. Do your thing, sir. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... hand10.gif

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Meanwhile:
And as told here:

Jaythenerdkid = Boobs

Sometimes I don't want to live on planet Twitter anymore

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

LurkerPerson wrote:
Jacob Schmidt

@98: Bitethehand

When father’s can demonstrate that they as a whole have reversed this, they can expect some support from the Family Court.

"Bullshit. You don’t throw all fathers under the bus because some are shitty".

On the contrary, it’s men who’ve not only driven the bus, thrown themselves under the bus and then complained that they don’t even use the bus to get to work.

When men as a whole can demonstrate through the results of legitimate opinion polls, that the population at large recognises that they play an equal part in nurturing and caring for their children, then I’m quite sure the Family Courts will give them a sympathetic ear.

Until then I suggest that as long as they (the men) allow the clowns in Fathers4Justice in their hired party outfits, to desecrate the UK’s finest artistic and architectural treasures, I suspect the Family Court will quite correctly decide that they and the men they represent are not fit people to have responsibility for the care of children.
On the contrary, men are just under half the world’s population, they are not a class and they will never be one.

And I’m not suggesting men should be punished, quite the contrary, they should be rewarded. And rewarded by taking on the real tasks that their children will appreciate, like doing the cooking and the washing up, remembering their friends’ birthdays, making sure their school uniform is washed and ironed and they’ve had sufficient encouragement with their homework, and the toilet is clean along with the shower and the wash basin, and the shopping’s included their favourite sweets and savouries, and their teeth have been brushed properly and so on. You know all those things that women seem to find so easy but men find so difficult.

As such to try to equate what men suffer or enjoy or appreciate or disdain with one ethnic minority group is specious.

So if I sound like your racist uncle, I think you’ve been spending too much time with your male relations and not enough time with your female ones. :)
Just....what. First, apparently you cannot be thought of as a "class" solely based on your gender. As a male, at least. Apparently the female class is a given, because patriarchy. I thought implying that women are by nature better caregivers was simply a patriarchal construction, a false consciousness implant to ensure that females could never do anything else except breed, as the cattle they supposedly are in the system. But no, it's apparently an innate natural gift. Despite there being no biological differences between either gender.
This is in response to the first quote [Jacob Smith] not to lurkerperson's response.

Fuck you.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

decius wrote:Did you know: Peezus's has a background in neuroscience, that not even his wikipedia entry mentions.

It certainly is handy, under the circumstances.

http://www.freezepage.com/1373063806QGXVIOMKRN
Actually, that part is true (I can explain how I know, but it's not very interesting). The "evo devo by occupation" part seems dishonest, as I don't think he's ever published any original research in that area. Not surprising, since he seems to spend most of his time swanning around at various conferences that have little or nothing to do with scientific research.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

debaser71 wrote: This is in response to the first quote [Bitethehand] not to lurkerperson's response.
Fuck you.
Yeah I kind of fucked up the quote pyramid there, the person making those arguements was Bitethehand

ThreeFlangedJavis

LurkerPerson wrote:
debaser71 wrote: This is in response to the first quote [Bitethehand] not to lurkerperson's response.
Fuck you.
Yeah I kind of fucked up the quote pyramid there, the person making those arguements was Bitethehand
The quote nesting limit is irritating. Surely the limit should be on character count? 3 nested quotes can be shorter than one long quote.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Mykeru wrote:Meanwhile:
And as told here:

Jaythenerdkid = Boobs

This one's fun;
Why are supposed Feminists always trying to virgin shame men? Isn't communicating to men that their worth is based on whether they can get pussy or not antithetical to the whole reducing rape/sexual assault thing? :think:

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

And as told here:

Jaythenerdkid = Boobs

Yeah, time to start putting pics of your dick as a twitter profile. Then go all out bonkers and cry about sexism and misandry whenever anyone makes a comment about your dick. FUCK YOU, I'M PROUD OF MY COCK, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WAVE IT ABOUT WITHOUT ANYONE COMMENTING ON IT. JEEZ, IT'S JUST A PENIS, GAIS. Is it even permissable to do that, with twitter policies? I'm guessing not.
Also upskirt shots aren't misoginy, as long as the goal is to shove your genitals in everyone's face and claim it's some sort of political gesture.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

JackRayner wrote:
And as told here:

Jaythenerdkid = Boobs

This one's fun;
Why are supposed Feminists always trying to virgin shame men? Isn't communicating to men that their worth is based on whether they can get pussy or not antithetical to the whole reducing rape/sexual assault thing? :think:
She can't be a feminist. Everyone knows judging a man's worth by his sexual activity is patriarchy.

decius

Post by decius »

BarnOwl wrote:
Actually, that part is true (I can explain how I know, but it's not very interesting). The "evo devo by occupation" part seems dishonest, as I don't think he's ever published any original research in that area. Not surprising, since he seems to spend most of his time swanning around at various conferences that have little or nothing to do with scientific research.
OK, thanks for the info.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

John Greg wrote:In response to 16bitheretic (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 40#p107740), and others, who have occasionally, over the last year or so, posted this quote from that pathetic pimple Greg Laden, implying that it is a serious statement:
It is just that I am a very large, muscular man with martial arts training who never goes anywhere without my pit bull, and I always carry a gun. I am also famous for kicking ass, generally.
As much as I detest Laden, and would in no way whatsoever try to defend him for anything, it really, really, must be emphasised that that quote is Laden trying to be humorous and ironic/satirical. He does not own a pitbull, and he most certainly does not carry or own a gun -- he is a ragingly anti-gun kind of a guy, and is multitudinously and loudly on the record as such.

Anyway, we here at the Pit have got to be accurate in our slanders, otherwise we run the risk of just becoming a sort of FfTB part 2.
Whoah, whoah, whoah....when I posted that I thought it was obvious that I was joking. I wouldn't consider it as even an attempt to slander, as I thought my totally absurd phrasing of the post would have made clear that I was not actually accusing Laden of going around the conference punching women in the face, but rather just playing around with some memes like the Dragonball Z reference in regards to martial arts prowess and the reference to someone needing to be public in denouncing things that happen around the people they're associated with.

I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide if my choice of satire was poorly executed and conveyed the wrong meaning, but I'm a little surprised anyone seems to think I was serious with that ridiculous post.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

"And rewarded by taking on the real tasks that their children will appreciate, like doing the cooking and the washing up, remembering their friends’ birthdays, making sure their school uniform is washed and ironed and they’ve had sufficient encouragement with their homework, and the toilet is clean along with the shower and the wash basin, and the shopping’s included their favourite sweets and savouries, and their teeth have been brushed properly and so on. You know all those things that women seem to find so easy but men find so difficult."

This is what I say, "fuck you" to. Mr. Condescending asshole should realize men are already doing these things. And in addition to these things I also mow the lawn, maintain the car, paint the house, fix the fence, etc.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

JackRayner wrote:
It's because they hold an inflated sense of what their body and sexuality is worth. This might blow her mind but about half of all the people on the planet have the exact same genitals and other gender characteristics, such as, yes, boobs.
You aren't special. If men want to oggle tits, they usually have access to some real live ones, or there's always terabytes of it on the internet. They don't need to hunt down some shrieking harpy exposing herself on twitter.