Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Old subthreads
Pitchguest

Re: Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Post by Pitchguest »

Because I'd be willing to help. Need someone to help you out, you boring cunt?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Linus wrote:night vision and then arguing against that. "I have watched most of the trial. I recommend it." is neither inventing an position for somebody, nor is it arguing against something.
Lawl. Why are you arguing with welsh? Time to move on man.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: HaHa. AndI wonder how much the Slymepit is going to ignore it completely. FTB are beyond irrelevant.
Why would anyone bother with FTBCon when there are more rewarding things to do, such as:

1. Cleaning a greasy oven.
2. Establishing the relative frequencies of the letters in an old newspaper.
3. Memorising a random page of a random telephone directory.
4. Extracting your own teeth.
5. ...
I think I'm past caring about FTB/Atheism+ anymore. I only come here for the craic and to derail everything.
If they do something awesomely lulzy I'll comment but now I view them like the Westboro baptist church. A bunch of irrelevant, attention seeking cocks who are their own worst enemy when it come to PR.

Pretty much. They're moderate fish in wee tiny pond. If you walk 50m away from said pond, they cease to exist, and that does include Watson's occasional appearances in other media.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Linus wrote:
Dave wrote: I disagree that it doesn't matter. How could it not matter when self defense with deadly force requires that the person fears serious bodily injury or death? Could its importance be diminished or negated if there was evidence that GZ attacked first? Sure... but that is not the case AFAIK.

[warning - me speculating about laws I'm not very versed in]
If it WAS the case, I'm not entirely sure where the law stands, but I don't think it's as black & white as you are making it out to be. Are you suggesting, for example, that if I shove or punch someone who hasn't attacked me, that they can then beat me to death and I'm not allowed to defend myself (not I'm not implying TM was trying to GZ to death, this is just an example)? At the point where GZ yelling for help it seems unlikely that TM was "engaging in self defense" if he was still attacking GZ at that point. Even if GZ had been the initial aggressor. I think it would depend on the nature of the initial aggression, whether one continues to attack the initial aggressor after they have stopped fighting back and so on. But I agree that who the initial aggressor is is of some importance.
[/warning]

I disagree that the evidence is thin. The yelling for help was recorded on a 911 call. There's very strong evidence TM was on top and that GZ was on his back underneath. So regarding the punching and head bashing, we have

-Evidence of injury on the back and sides of GZ's head consistent with hard force against concrete.
-Evidence of injury to the face consistent with being punched
-John Good's testimony that it had looked like TM was on top and that it looked like a "ground and pound". He wasn't 100% sure that the person on top was striking the person on the bottom, but he saw arm movements downward the and thought that the person on the bottom was crying out for help. Of course eye witness testimony must be taken with a grain of salt, but John Good seemed credible and his account is consistent with the physical evidence.
Give it up, dude. It's denialism, you can't beat it. Evidence isn't conclusive, common sense isn't magic, you're a racist, and HOW DO YOU KNOW WERE YOU THERE?

welch

Post by welch »

rayshul wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
rayshul wrote:I wonder how much time this little online conference is going to spend talking about the Slymepit.
HaHa. AndI wonder how much the Slymepit is going to ignore it completely. FTB are beyond irrelevant.
I'm loving the pushback against PC things in the general media now. Maybe they have twigged there's a fight here that they aren't going to win...? Or would that be too much to hope for.
If by they, you mean the FTB lot, you'll notice they only directly engage with "enemies" they've already won against. The closest thing to a "fight" they've ever been in was that petition against vacula, and even then, I'll bet they planned on Justin stepping down to stop the idiocy.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:What's the big deal about Top Gear? I have never understood the appeal at all. Mind you, I hate driving. Maybe that has something to do with it.
[youtube]K7CnMQ4L9Pc[/youtube]
On the life of my goldfish I was at that gig in Darlington about 3/4 years ago.
That gig was in Glasgow.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

bhoytony wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Have you been listening to Richard Herring's Leicester Square podcast? Some great stuff in the latest series.
Linky to podcast, if available, please?
http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richar ... t_podcast/

It was on this podcast a few weeks ago that Stephen Fry admitted to attempting suicide.
Thanks! I've subscribed on iTunes.

I wish we could get QI in the US - I watched a few episodes when I was visiting friends in the UK, and thought it was hilarious. I haven't seen it listed on BBC America yet.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

welch wrote:

Pretty much. They're moderate fish in wee tiny pond. If you walk 50m away from said pond, they cease to exist, and that does include Watson's occasional appearances in other media.
That's exactly what I've found. It's fun to poke fun at them now and then in the same way it's fun to kick a kitten with a broken leg but i think our work is pretty much done. Viva la craic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote: Loved Firefly but it's not complete and while Serenity had its moments, it really wasn't a great send off.
Yeah Serenity was a major disappointment. Not a terrible movie, but not a "Firefly" movie

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: On the life of my goldfish I was at that gig in Darlington about 3/4 years ago.
That gig was in Glasgow.
Ah balls. Looks like my goldfish has had it.
Looked exactly the same set an' all. "If you prefer a milder comedian please ask for one" was the show. Best £16 ever spent.
Did you watch his "Carpet Remnant World"?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
welch wrote: Pretty much. They're moderate fish in wee tiny pond. If you walk 50m away from said pond, they cease to exist, and that does include Watson's occasional appearances in other media.
That's exactly what I've found. It's fun to poke fun at them now and then in the same way it's fun to kick a kitten with a broken leg but i think our work is pretty much done. Viva la craic.
Well... we always say that. And then the next day someone's pimping out the Half Shark's turtlefucking crazy or PZ decides that physics is sexist and NO ONE CAN LOOK AWAY.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

BarnOwl wrote:

I wish we could get QI in the US - I watched a few episodes when I was visiting friends in the UK, and thought it was hilarious. I haven't seen it listed on BBC America yet.
John Lloyd, the producer of Qi is on one of the podcasts, but that was the only one I turned off. I couldn't stand to listen to the unsceptical shit he was spouting. One of the funniest guests was Mary Beard, Professor of Classics at Cambridge, she was great.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Ah balls. Looks like my goldfish has had it.
Looked exactly the same set an' all. "If you prefer a milder comedian please ask for one" was the show. Best £16 ever spent.
Did you watch his "Carpet Remnant World"?
Oh, yes.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

rayshul wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
welch wrote: Pretty much. They're moderate fish in wee tiny pond. If you walk 50m away from said pond, they cease to exist, and that does include Watson's occasional appearances in other media.
Well... we always say that. And then the next day someone's pimping out the Half Shark's turtlefucking crazy or PZ decides that physics is sexist and NO ONE CAN LOOK AWAY.
Yeah but I'm having a serious case of "FTB shenanigan ennui" at the moment. The pure idiocy has happened SOOOOOO many times that it's expected now (to me anyway). Like when the local LSD casualty shits himself in the town centre and everybody laughs and talks about it. Then it happens all the time without fail and people just expect it and it becomes "meh".

Maybe when PZ finally has his breakdown and writes "HELP ME" on his forehead in his own shit I'll raise an eyebrow.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Why would anyone bother with FTBCon when there are more rewarding things to do, such as:

5. ...
I think I'm past caring about FTB/Atheism+ anymore. I only come here for the craic and to derail everything.
If they do something awesomely lulzy I'll comment but now I view them like the Westboro baptist church. A bunch of irrelevant, attention seeking cocks who are their own worst enemy when it come to PR.
My interest in the FTB/A+ mission creeps is waning too. They have jumped so many sharks that it has become boring. I still hope for the appearance of Nerd of Redhead on an FTB Google+ hangout, though. I want to know if he resembles my mental image of him.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Jan Steen wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
rayshul wrote:I wonder how much time this little online conference is going to spend talking about the Slymepit.
HaHa. AndI wonder how much the Slymepit is going to ignore it completely. FTB are beyond irrelevant.

5. ...
5. sorting paperwork of the last five years.
6. listening to Dutch Schlager music for a day.
7. An afternoon of playing Uno cards with oneself.
8. Waiting in the sun at noon for a hitchhike into an unusual direction.
9. A DVD evening of historical filibuster sessions
10. volunteer work of counting cars at a high traffic street corner

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Like when the local LSD casualty shits himself in the town centre and everybody laughs and talks about it. Then it happens all the time without fail and people just expect it and it becomes "meh".
Welcome to Middlesbrough.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

@Jan
Post your mental image of Nerd! (even though all images of Nerd of Redhead will be "mental" by definition)

http://i3.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/ ... 259034.jpg

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Jan Steen wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

5. ...
Look....Comeradde Physioproffe has spoken:

Don't Be a Fucken Asshole:
Get your fucken asse over to the motherfucken FtBCON!!
How can we possibly refuse such a polite invitation to participate in what will surely be an intellectual tour-de-force!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: Like when the local LSD casualty shits himself in the town centre and everybody laughs and talks about it. Then it happens all the time without fail and people just expect it and it becomes "meh".
Welcome to Middlesbrough.
If only you knew the half of it. When we were teenagers we threw a crumbled paracetomol in a puddle and told a smackhead it was an ecstacy tablet and he drank the puddle. 100% true.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Badger3k wrote:

How can we possibly refuse such a polite invitation to participate in what will surely be an intellectual tour-de-force!
I'm strangely compelled to get my fucken asse over to FTBCON.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Aneris wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: Why would anyone bother with FTBCon when there are more rewarding things to do, such as:

5. ...
Masturbating with a bag filled with broken glass, used drug needles and rusty razor blades...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Badger3k wrote:
Aneris wrote:
Masturbating with a bag filled with broken glass, used drug needles and rusty razor blades...
Listening to Mumford and Sons.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

It's not just us that are growing bored of FTB/A+ and their ilk. I remember not too long ago mockery and ridicule of things like A+ was common in atheist and skeptic circles on sites like YouTube and now it seems like a distant memory and nobody gives a rats ass.

I doubt if you mentioned anyone outside of PZ and maybe Matt Dillahunty that r/atheism or any general discussion site with a good number of atheists and skeptics few would even know who people like Watson and Carrier are. It appears that amongst "freethinkers" that most associate atheism with Dawkins, Ricky Gervais, Bill Maher, Penn Jilette and George Carlin, and I would venture a guess that The Amazing Atheist's YouTube channel probably gets enough hits to make most of the crazies from the SJW fanatic base jealous.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

bhoytony wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

John Lloyd, the producer of Qi is on one of the podcasts, but that was the only one I turned off. I couldn't stand to listen to the unsceptical shit he was spouting. One of the funniest guests was Mary Beard, Professor of Classics at Cambridge, she was great.
Well, that's more than a little ironic, given this quote from the QI website:
... but points are deducted for answers which merely repeat common misconceptions and urban myth. (Alan Davies has turned this aspect of the game into somewhat of an artform.) It's okay to be wrong, but don't be obviously, boringly wrong. In this way, QI tries to rid the world of the flotsam of nonsense and old wives' tales that can build up in your mind. QI not only makes us look more closely at things, it encourages us to question all the received wisdom we have carried with us since childhood. Think of the program as a humorous cranial de-scaler.
One of the episodes I watched (this was 2009) had Rob Brydon, whom I loved in Gavin and Stacey. He was quite funny, as was another guest who kind of looks like him (can't remember the name, gahh!).

Mary Beard is great - I really enjoy her "A Don's Life" column. I'll listen to her interview after the one with Stephen Fry.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Tony Parsehole wrote:@Jan
Post your mental image of Nerd! (even though all images of Nerd of Redhead will be "mental" by definition)
This will do for now.

http://i.imgur.com/Fb1EZZX.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Pitchguest wrote:Because I'd be willing to help. Need someone to help you out, you boring cunt?
Ah... Cunt's alright man. He's just winding people up most of the time I reckon.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Tfoot wrote:FTBCon, attendance: THREE!
http://lanyrd.com/2013/ftbcon/

No. of speakers 109
No. attending 112

A cynical man might read that as (speakers count as attendees) there are only THREE people attending this conference!

http://s9.postimg.org/uy2d0xp3z/tempx.jpg

Difficult not to find it a little funny though.

Despite Myers (the FTB 'heavyweight') constantly pushing this, the site has only been retweeted ~40 times.

Somehow the proud boasting of the likes of Carrier about the size and importance of this online google hangout.... sorry, MASSIVE NEW EXCITING INTERNET CONFERENCE (exact quote ("The massive, amazing, totally free online conference hosted by Freethought Blogs"- Richard Carrier)) somehow doesnt gel with the sound of crickets on their conference site.
I know at least two anti-baboons who have signed up for laughs, so perhaps they have only one real potential attendee.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Oh, here's a humorous bit of FTB today. Martin Wagner (furry porn aficianado) from Atheist Experience ridicules a pastor for deleting comments and banning people in comments sections, on FTB of all places:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/2013/07 ... h-sexyfun/

LOL

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Badger3k wrote:

No way is PhysioDouche going to grace the FtBCON with his virtual presence.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

BarnOwl wrote:
One of the episodes I watched (this was 2009) had Rob Brydon, whom I loved in Gavin and Stacey. He was quite funny, as was another guest who kind of looks like him (can't remember the name, gahh!).
Ben Miller?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/BM52hmBZgzw/hqde ... feature=og

sacha

Post by sacha »

Cunning Punt wrote:
DownThunder wrote:Is it safe to come back here yet?
NO! Fuck off! Israel! Palestine! George Zimmerman's a jew!

hahaha!

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:The Pit seems in a good mood tonight. Or is it just me?
It's Friday!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

16bitheretic wrote:Oh, here's a humorous bit of FTB today. Martin Wagner (furry porn aficianado) from Atheist Experience ridicules a pastor for deleting comments and banning people in comments sections, on FTB of all places:

LOL
Oh, now, disregard everything I said about FTB shenanigan ennui coz Martin Fucking Wagner is a different kettle of fish. That cunt cannot be ridiculed enough, the inept fat twat.
Remember when he called somebody a "basement dwelling, 30 year old virgin"? Fuck me, it was like a sloth calling somebody a lazy bastard.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

16bitheretic wrote:Oh, here's a humorous bit of FTB today. Martin Wagner (furry porn aficianado) from Atheist Experience ridicules a pastor for deleting comments and banning people in comments sections, on FTB of all places:

LOL
Damn it! I just got the newest Irony Meter, the Godzilla-Max 5000. It just broke. Next he'll write something about how doxxing people is bad, and the world will sink into a black hole of irony.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

bhoytony wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
Ben Miller?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/BM52hmBZgzw/hqde ... feature=og
Yep, that's him!

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:@Jan
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/attac ... cn0639.jpg

Floosh!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

BarnOwl wrote:
Badger3k wrote:

No way is PhysioDouche going to grace the FtBCON with his virtual presence.
If he turns out to be a soft-spoken, erudite scholar with a pipe and tweed jacket we'll know he was trolling us.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cunning Punt wrote:
It's Friday!
It's Friday, I have a packet of tabs and a shitload of wine (the first booze and smokes in weeks) and the Pit is in a good mood.
Good stuff indeed.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Badger3k wrote:

LOL
Damn it! I just got the newest Irony Meter, the Godzilla-Max 5000. It just broke. Next he'll write something about how doxxing people is bad, and the world will sink into a black hole of irony.
Fuck. I had one of those seemingly indestructible, Soviet Russian irony meters that even survived when Stalin at the end of a Five Year Plan period announced that "life has become better and merrier." Turns out it wasn't indestructible after all.

Linus

Post by Linus »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Linus wrote:night vision and then arguing against that. "I have watched most of the trial. I recommend it." is neither inventing an position for somebody, nor is it arguing against something.
Is arguing with welch considered bad form around here?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
It's Friday!
It's Friday, I have a packet of tabs and a shitload of wine (the first booze and smokes in weeks) and the Pit is in a good mood.
Good stuff indeed.
I'm relieved that the Pyt is in a good mood. I had quite enough of annoying twat-wad colleagues today at work.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

bhoytony wrote:Re: The Thick Of It/In The Loop. Both by Armando Iannucci (along with all the other stuff). I've been watching his American political show, Veep and It's pretty good too. Very similar to Thick Of It.
Just watched "In the Loop" on the strength of sp recommendations (and that highlight reel). Fucking killer. 100%.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

BarnOwl wrote: I'm relieved that the Pyt is in a good mood. I had quite enough of annoying twat-wad colleagues today at work.
The last time the Pit was in this good of a mood Half-Fish-Gewint said people with AIDS shouldn't disclose their condition with sexual partners in case their partner decides not to suck their dick and swallow the mess.
Happy days.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tony Parsehole wrote: If he turns out to be a soft-spoken, erudite scholar with a pipe and tweed jacket we'll know he was trolling us.
Rest assured, that scenario is off the table.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

BarnOwl wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: If he turns out to be a soft-spoken, erudite scholar with a pipe and tweed jacket we'll know he was trolling us.
Rest assured, that scenario is off the table.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, I won't be betting on it either.

JAB

Post by JAB »

re tv recommendations

I get too interested in unworthy shows and get burned out on them then hate them, so I don't generally recommend....but

In the past i've gotten too interested in watching law and order and ali mcbeal for instance. Couldn't watch them now. I don't tend to let my life revolve around tv... now i watch highlights on youtube or something. I don't generally buy dvds of tv and don't do netflicks.

Canadian shows I've enjoyed include the previously mentioned davinci's inquest, regenesis, andromeda (yeah, i know... guilty) and corner gas.

For a really good oldie american tv show (yes they exist) try Wiseguy. I also enjoyed dead like me.

For a unique movie experience rent or buy Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner
It's in inuktitut and on the dvd you can turn on not just english subtitles, but anthropological notes as well. It has a slow pace but I enjoyed it .

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I am into Sherlockian characters, so naturally I enjoy The Mentalist, Sherlock (BBC) and Elementary.

Mentalist has a less pronounced myth arc which can be good sometimes when you want a change from the ongoing binge TV shows. I just like the characters and the chemistry there and the attitude of the show, its has a nice balance of playfulness, thriller, and whodunnit. The arc is still there and is very interesting (his Moriarty is a mastermind serial killer who sometimes strikes to hit the lead character). It also promotes atheism and skepticism, as a nice bonus. Patrick Janes ablities stress suspension of disbelief at times, especially in the early seasons, but the get away with it.

Sherlock is absolutely fantastic. It is a must see. Benedict Cumberbatch/Martin Freeman are now also top level actors, thanks to recent blockbuster success. It's written by Steven Moffat, and faithfully modernizes the Holmes lore. It's also styled in a very interesting way. You must see it, if you are remotely interested. Six episodes, in two seasons are out, but each has feature film length. Just get it.

Elementary is the american answer to Sherlock, but made independently. I thought it can only disappoint in comparison, but holds up very well. It too uses and modernizes Holmes lore, but is more liberal with it and often subverts it. It's Joan Watson (Lucy Liu, yes that works fantastic) who assists a charismatic boheme Holmes, played by Johnny Lee Miller. They are very fun to watch and have a very different dynamic than the british gentlemen. Miller is more eccentric and quirky, Cumberbatch is more cerebral and arrogant. The BBC one is just absolutely amazing, so Elementary can't win that. But I found it very good in its own right, and has many more episodes.

YMMV.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I loved the Sherlock Holmes books as a kid so I'll be watching Sherlock. It's not had a bad review yet.

Walter Ego

Walter Comes Clean..... At Last!

Post by Walter Ego »

Tony Parsehole wrote: I think I'm past caring about FTB/Atheism+ anymore. I only come here for the craic and to derail everything.
I only come here to troll. No joke. I only started posting here last fall because I got pissed off by some of the boring old white male farts (aka humanists) over at JREF, my usual hangout. The four of five people who listened to the podcast I recorded with Reap last December should have known this already.

Most of the stuff posted on the Pit bores me to tears and like 99.9% of self-identified atheists/rationalists, I could give a shit less about “the schism,” which, let us be honest, is in the grand scheme of things about as important as a flea on a baboon’s ass.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I feel much better now.

bhoytony

Re: Walter Comes Clean..... At Last!

Post by bhoytony »

Walter Ego wrote:
I only come here to troll.
I thought you just came here to whine.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Walter, if you want to troll harder post this repeatedly:
we'll get 10,000

https://twitter.com/oper443

a or b you have NOTHING TO DO WITH CRITICAL THINKING join the socialist faith

how about you keep this one up as a TESTIMONY FOR THE TRUTH

rich millionaires with their heads up the arses

I think this qualifies as a DOS attack... for RATS IN A TRAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Hs0vM3gRTA

you can thank RANDI

now for some SYMBOLIC TWO-DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS!

on the TIMELINE

0 min 33 sec - Randi in the RED SHIRT - signifying the *bl..dy deed* that is about to happen

1min 18 sec - Banachek talks about respect for the claimant and then they mock "these kind" of people in the final part

3 min 20 sec - the test of the power bracelet that increases a person's energy and balance. Notice our challenge is all about POWER & BALANCE, proving the existence of a HIGHER POWER

5 min 15 sec TEST BEGINS. Skeptics one by one stand in CRUCIFIXION POSE

1 hr 10 min 21 sec Test is ended in failure

1 hr 10 min 30 sec request is made to make change in the PROTOCOL

1 hr 10 min 51 sec Applause is made by all those who wanted him to fail from the very beginning

1 hr 25 min 39 sec Now they talk about the Nightline clip that was filmed in Manhattan, also the scene of the 9/11 event

1hr 28 min 42 sec - They talk about make-shift tests. They think that because no one can win the prize that psychic phenomena does not exist

1 hr 29 min 45 sec Banachek says "the majority of *these* people.'" A contemptuous reference that occurs repeatedly

1 hr 31 min 53 sec The reference to envelopes. Remember the 911 in Angel's envelope!

1 hr 37 min 11 sec Swiss says he is not worried about a paranormal event happening. Little does he know what is actually taking place

1 hr 39 min 50 sec The mocking of SPIRITS!

1 hr 40 min 27 sec Reference made to the TERROR of witnessing a supernatural event, i.e, the blood leaving the face

1 hr 41 min 15 sec Reference to "these people"

1 hr 41 min 40 sec Belief in the supernatural is claimed to be a psychological defence mechanism to cope with reality. Swiss talks about how desperate the psychics become when debunked. Little does he know what is happening to the skeptics!

1 hr 42 min 11 sec WHEN PROPHECY SUCCEEDS! KABOOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... HbYJfwFgOU

which WORLD-VIEW will not exist, sh*thead?

5000 whining atheists vs the Great Prophet

how the divine pen of Michel Nostradamus crushed the international atheist movement

http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/forum ... =2&t=34862

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 3lwG4MytSI

one applicant right here...

get the POINT, Randi....

for lies on top of lies

do you think you can threaten my right to FREE SPEECH?

what if I told you that I am not who you think I am….

Not Dennis Markuze - but a FAN!

you're not the center of the universe!

a dishonest liar

WHINE WHINE WHINE

Best Clips on Atheist:

- JUST A TINY SMIDGEN OF A GAP! JUST A TINY SMIDGEN OF A GAP!

a vitally important essay dealing with the new age of madness that poses as ENLIGHTENMENT!

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archi ... dustry.htm

they speak for those who cannot speak...

outside the doors of the Loto Quebec Building

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wWr-zwUHqA

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archi ... olence.htm

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archi ... nswers.htm

-----------------------------------------------------

a or b you HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CRITICAL THINKING the socialist faith http://www.arrogantatheist.com/forum/in ... -archangel #Sk5
It really gets on people's tits for some reason.

Tony Parsehole

Re: Walter Comes Clean..... At Last!

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Walter Ego wrote:
I only come here to troll.
http://weknowmemes.com/generator/upload ... 278935.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

JAB wrote:re tv recommendations

Canadian shows I've enjoyed include the previously mentioned davinci's inquest, regenesis, andromeda (yeah, i know... guilty) and corner gas.

If you like Canadian shows you might want to check out "The Newsroom" (1996).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115291/?ref_=sr_2

"In a Toronto TV station, the newsroom is headed by a ratings freak. There is nothing George won't do! He is surrounded by a self-absorbed news anchor man who is as dumb as they come, a grungy trainee, and a couple of more down-to-earth producers. The cast is helped by famous guest stars each week who try not to get between George and his bran muffins. "

All of the show's characters are arrogant self-absorbed twats. Hilarity ensues when the various characters fail at getting what they want. It is probably one of the best series I have ever seen. It is very similar to the Larry David show 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' on HBO.

The show is a CBC production, so torrenting should not be an issue. The CBC doesn't care.

sacha

Re: Another view of things

Post by sacha »

Metalogic42 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Good god that Breillat film. I kept hoping that when Rocco put his cock in her mouth it would stop that pretentious Anais Nin like narration, but it didn't. Was her intention to make the most unerotic porn ever? Not a sarcastic question, quite serious.
Well, sounds like I may never get around to watching it then. I have a stack of unopened, still shrink wrapped DVDs that I have not found the time to watch yet including Brokeback Mountain and Sense and Sensibility.

I have however, managed to finish the Sopranos, The Wire, Rome and Deadwood (working on Twin Peaks now).

I know people are keeping up with Game of Thrones, but what about stuff like Downton Abbey, Dexter and Ray Donovan? Anyone watching those?
I keep up with Dexter, True Blood, and Burn Notice right now. Also Breaking Bad soon.
I stopped watching Dexter the season before he had a son, I thought that would ruin it, but no?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Linus wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Is arguing with welch considered bad form around here?
Speaking for myself no. But if he is in baboon mode then it is an exercise in futility.

YMMV

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

Tony Parsehole wrote:you can thank RANDI...
I do. Randi is one of my heroes. The fact that he's gay is an added bonus in my book. He's getting married (to a man) onstage at this year's TAM.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »