Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Justin Fucks Up in Dublin?

Post by Lsuoma »

Angry_Drunk wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:dreamhost
There's your problem.
Yeah, I'm coming to that conclusion too. Looking for alternatives. justhost.com is looking interesting.

Remick

Post by Remick »

Tribble wrote:
Remick wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: People really need to stop worrying about the blue-haired blob - she's becoming less and less relevant.

In two years only creepy stalkers will be interested in her.
So Walter and oolon.
Walter's gay, so I doubt he'd stoop that low...
So by "interest" you took it as "sexual interest"... ok. Wachs is also a female yet many feel walter was a little too creepy in regards to her.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:Lsuoma said:
As far as the slowness goes, I have a ticket open with the hosting company.
TedDahlberg said:
Yup, was painfully slow for me at work earlier today.
Tony Parsehole said:
Same problem here. It's still taking ages to get into the forum or refresh a page.
Lsuoma said:
Looks like some intermittent weird internal routing issue at dreamhost. traceroute is showing at least 120 internal hops once I reach their border host.
Angry_Drunk said:
And yet, on my shitty-ass work PC on our penny-ante network while I am simultaneously transferring gigabytes of data, the 'Pit flies as the veritable wind. So your anecdotal "evidence" can suck a gigantic satchel of cock.
You were saying?
Actually, you still are wrong. Based on what lsuoma said, you know, actual details and useful info, it's not the server. It's the route into the server, and oh, based on the actual detail I posted, it's not universal. 16 hops between me and, as near as I can tell, LA, is not bad. If the SERVER were actually slow, then everyone would have a similar result, because that apache instance is the one commonality between all visitors to the pit.

So the fact that YOUR route to the server is suboptimal is not the same as the server being slow. My traceroutes are fine. If I had to guess, looks like someone induced a routing loop.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

BarnOwl wrote: PeeZus Christ, they do suffer for the social justice cause!

Also, Greágol is awesome. :mrgreen:
Jeez people, getting a tad petty. Long flights are really uncomfortable. Nothing wrong with a bit of moaning between friends.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Hello, caller, what is your problem please?"

Unhappy Customer:

"Well, my system seems quite slow today, and keeps giving me error messages."

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Ya, well, that's just anecdote. Give me specific evidence."

Unhappy Customer:

"Well, the system did such and such and reported such and such an error, but it took 15 minutes."

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Ya, well, that's just anecdote. Give me something concrete, email me a C&P error message."

Unhappy Customer:

"Well, I can't. The system times out whenever I try to send any emails."

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Ya, well, that's just anecdote. Give me something concrete, go online and C&P a screenshot to my I Help Everybody Website."

Unhappy Customer:

"Well, I cant. The system is so slow that whenever I try to go online it tells me that it has timed-out and cannot connect."

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Ya, well, that's just anecdote. So *FLOOSH*, your opinion can be ignored. Next caller...."

Entire books could be written about how little you know. Oh wait, you can read them. Look for "Networking", "TCP/IP" and "Modern IP Routing" on amazon.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Amanda Marcotte is now the second person (can't remember the first - either Svan or SallyStrange) I've seen retweet this link: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/25 ... -abortion/

"Women In Iowa Must Now Seek Personal Approval Of Republican Governor To Get An Abortion"
I'll give you, um, no guesses as to whether the article headline accurately represents the situation, never mind Marcotte's characteristically crude sexism.

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:
There's your problem.
Yeah, I'm coming to that conclusion too. Looking for alternatives. justhost.com is looking interesting.
If you want the full VPS of your own route, mediatemple is decent as well.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

welch wrote:

Unhappy Customer:

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

Unhappy Customer:

"Well, the system did such and such and reported such and such an error, but it took 15 minutes."

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Ya, well, that's just anecdote. Give me something concrete, email me a C&P error message."

Unhappy Customer:

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Ya, well, that's just anecdote. Give me something concrete, go online and C&P a screenshot to my I Help Everybody Website."

Unhappy Customer:

"Well, I cant. The system is so slow that whenever I try to go online it tells me that it has timed-out and cannot connect."

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

"Ya, well, that's just anecdote. So *FLOOSH*, your opinion can be ignored. Next caller...."

Entire books could be written about how little you know. Oh wait, you can read them. Look for "Networking", "TCP/IP" and "Modern IP Routing" on amazon.
Stop flaunting your networking privilege. People are expressing their personal narrative's here.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Dear stefhoney, a message from reality as a wake up call from your control freaking neurosis

[youtube]6LQlLTaaOAs[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

Angry_Drunk wrote:
welch wrote:

Unhappy Customer:

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

Unhappy Customer:

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

Unhappy Customer:

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

Unhappy Customer:

Angry_Drunk, IT hero:

Stop flaunting your networking privilege. People are expressing their personal narrative's here.
SO AM I! MY PERSONAL NARRATIVE COUNTS TOO!!!

<SOBS>

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Dave wrote:No one doubts the existence of idiots. The extent of their influence is very much in doubt.
I have not seen much in the way of argument for the proposition that the influence/power/control of the RadFems/Feminists is over rated but here is a good one I think:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2013 ... mment-3249
Ally Fogg

June 18, 2013 at 4:37 pm (UTC 0) Link to this comment
Gingko (97)

Tis all rests on the assumption that feminists are somehow outside rebels against the society that enofrces all this when in fact feminists were in very privileged positions in that society and for the most part still are.
Here’s a crucial point, and one I disagree with strongly. The idea that feminists exercise considerable control over politics / society etc.

They don’t. They have certain platforms in media and political lobbies, they have more influence than men’s activists certainly, but that doesn’t make them all-powerful, or even especially influential.

I’ll tell you who is influential in politics: Goldman Sachs; RBS; Rupert Murdoch; Ernst & Young; Exxon; Toyota; Warren Buffet; Lord Rothermere; Paul Dacre; elected politicians (80% male) government cabinet ministers (90% male) religious leaders; Halliburton; British Aerospace; British-American Tobacco; Glaxo Smith-Klein; Monsanto; etc etc etc etc etc.

All these people wield a thousand times more power and influence than the combined efforts of every feminist on the planet. Occasionally these people will throw feminists a few scraps from the table, especially if its on something they can make money out of (eg women in the workplace) but the truth is that feminists influence, in the big picture, is utterly marginal.
Of course I am always interested in a better argument than the one above, so if you have one I would like to see it.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
BarnOwl wrote: PeeZus Christ, they do suffer for the social justice cause!

Also, Greágol is awesome. :mrgreen:
Jeez people, getting a tad petty. Long flights are really uncomfortable. Nothing wrong with a bit of moaning between friends.
I agree completely with what you are saying, but I will fight to the death to stop you from saying it. :rimshot:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Angry_Drunk and welch ... Doctors Wizard 1 and 2:

1. I was not contacting IT help with a list of problems and specific requests for fixes. I was contacting a pal who hosts this blog, with a comment, repeated by others, that I was having some issues with speed, on only one site, this blog.

2. I noted, as did others, that the speed issue in the past often appeared to be associated with an overly long thread, but that in this instance, opening a new thread did not, for me, appear to make any change.

3. As Lsuoma is not a Doctor Wizard, like your holy selves, I thought he would want to hear from his pals who might be experiencing continuiing trouble with the blog so that he could contact and actual IT Doctor wizrd, like your perfect and holy selves.

4. Knowing Lsuoma, I knew that he would, as he has done in the past, ask me for more specific details should he need them.

5. Other folks, other than myself, made similar comments, presumably knowing that Lsuoma would not need, nor would it be of much use to him, copious details about their experience -- Lsuoma is not a Doctor Wizrd; he can supply his own copius details to the various Doctor Wizards, like your wholly holy beatific inerrant perfect selves.

6. Lsuoma was aware of the problem, and had noted that it was with this blog, and so had acquired a "ticket" for it.

7. Lsuoma then discovered that their was a problem with the system -- not local to me; not local to him; not local to any user or user's system.

8. I did not at any time say this was Lsuoma's fault, nor did I say the technical issue sourced with him, but appeared to source with the blog, meaning,as I am sure Lsuoma would know, maybe the blog host, maybe someone else in the chain specific to the blog, and not specific to its users.

9. I was right. As were the other commenters on the issue.

10. I know that none of us are anywhere near as pefect as your Mmost Royal, inerrant, utterly holy Perfect Hignesses, Doctors Wizard 1 and 2.

11. Nonetheless, had I been issuing/applying for an actual contact with details with a Doctor Wizard, rather than just posting a comment for the information and edification of a pal, I would have actually provided more details. And having done this in the past, Lsuoma would know he could contact me, should he need to, for more specific details.

12. Knowing that Lsuoma would not be able to actually fix the problem himself, and knowing that he would have to contact an Actual Perfect Doctor Wiazrd, like your two Glorious Perfections to whom I prostrate myself in most inglorious shame at your heaven scented and most perfect unshod feet, I knew it was not necessary to approach this situation as I would with an actual Doctor Wizrd, with copiuos specifics, logs, technical details, textbook quotations, copies of any technical diplomas I happen to own, etc., etc., etc.

Fuck me, but you elitist, pompous lords of perfection are tiresome. Do, please, gorw up.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Ophelia does a quick post to say she's arrived in Dublin and has had a walk around the area close to the hotel.

Peezus, however, annoyed that his favorite harem maid is missing, decides to put his foot down and orders Ophelia back to the gravytrain important conference work .

http://i.imgur.com/egzVRyK.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

So fucking what? I am sure whole books could be written about what you don't know about music, or technical writing, or grammar, or making effective, concise, well understood blog comments that people might actually want to read. So fucking what? There was an issue with the blog, which did not appear to be sourced at my end, so I made a small comment to Lsuoma to see if he could look into it, trace it, or otherwise find out whether it was closer to his end than my end, which it was, and had it not been I would have looked into on jy end.

And he did; and it was.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

welch, seriously, what the fuck is your problem? Are you trying to emulate josh spokesgay, or some other FfTB clown?

You're a fucking disgrace.

Remick

Post by Remick »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Dave wrote:No one doubts the existence of idiots. The extent of their influence is very much in doubt.
I have not seen much in the way of argument for the proposition that the influence/power/control of the RadFems/Feminists is over rated but here is a good one I think:

Ally Fogg

Gingko (97)

Tis all rests on the assumption that feminists are somehow outside rebels against the society that enofrces all this when in fact feminists were in very privileged positions in that society and for the most part still are.
Here’s a crucial point, and one I disagree with strongly. The idea that feminists exercise considerable control over politics / society etc.

They don’t. They have certain platforms in media and political lobbies, they have more influence than men’s activists certainly, but that doesn’t make them all-powerful, or even especially influential.

I’ll tell you who is influential in politics: Goldman Sachs; RBS; Rupert Murdoch; Ernst & Young; Exxon; Toyota; Warren Buffet; Lord Rothermere; Paul Dacre; elected politicians (80% male) government cabinet ministers (90% male) religious leaders; Halliburton; British Aerospace; British-American Tobacco; Glaxo Smith-Klein; Monsanto; etc etc etc etc etc.

All these people wield a thousand times more power and influence than the combined efforts of every feminist on the planet. Occasionally these people will throw feminists a few scraps from the table, especially if its on something they can make money out of (eg women in the workplace) but the truth is that feminists influence, in the big picture, is utterly marginal.
Of course I am always interested in a better argument than the one above, so if you have one I would like to see it.

The problem with Ally's argument is that it compares a grass-roots political group of little means, to large multi-nation corps and certain individuals who are the .01% in the world. No shit they have less influence than Goldman Sachs. Guess what, Goldman gives no fucks about feminism or anti-feminism. They would prefer that any social issue groups make a loud distraction while they take all the money. Keep fighting among yourself plebs, we'll just be over here!

You could take any single issue political group and look and see if they have corp donors, NO? Well, then guess what, they are in the same shit as everyone else including feminists.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Ophelia does a quick post to say she's arrived in Dublin and has had a walk around the area close to the hotel.

Peezus, however, annoyed that his favorite harem maid is missing, decides to put his foot down and orders Ophelia back to the gravytrain important conference work .

http://i.imgur.com/egzVRyK.jpg
Of course she needs to get to safety. What if she encounters Justin Vacula on the hall? Or worse, what about she encounters the other Vacula? Or even worse! What if she encounters BOTH of them?!

Go to the safety of the hotel bar, Ophelia, where you friends can protect you from the Moustache Gang!

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote:

Ally Fogg

Gingko (97)

Wait, so you aren't convinced by the (pretty good actually) argument that Ally F presented but aren't also willing or able to put up any kind of counter-argument to it. Actually you just want to ignore it and implore people to come up with a "better" argument.

Do your majesty also want people to kiss your feet while they're making this new argument? Or can they just tell you to fuck right off.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

another lurker wrote:@Andrewv69

Movies thread + list of 10 disturbing movies

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=320
Many thanks! I intend to peruse that shortly.

cunt

Post by cunt »

This really is pathetic. A bunch of people who know and like each other are planning to meet in a hotel bar. Fucking lmao at that.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:Angry_Drunk and welch ... Doctors Wizard 1 and 2:

1. I was not contacting IT help with a list of problems and specific requests for fixes. I was contacting a pal who hosts this blog, with a comment, repeated by others, that I was having some issues with speed, on only one site, this blog.

2. I noted, as did others, that the speed issue in the past often appeared to be associated with an overly long thread, but that in this instance, opening a new thread did not, for me, appear to make any change.

3. As Lsuoma is not a Doctor Wizard, like your holy selves, I thought he would want to hear from his pals who might be experiencing continuiing trouble with the blog so that he could contact and actual IT Doctor wizrd, like your perfect and holy selves.

4. Knowing Lsuoma, I knew that he would, as he has done in the past, ask me for more specific details should he need them.

5. Other folks, other than myself, made similar comments, presumably knowing that Lsuoma would not need, nor would it be of much use to him, copious details about their experience -- Lsuoma is not a Doctor Wizrd; he can supply his own copius details to the various Doctor Wizards, like your wholly holy beatific inerrant perfect selves.

6. Lsuoma was aware of the problem, and had noted that it was with this blog, and so had acquired a "ticket" for it.

7. Lsuoma then discovered that their was a problem with the system -- not local to me; not local to him; not local to any user or user's system.

8. I did not at any time say this was Lsuoma's fault, nor did I say the technical issue sourced with him, but appeared to source with the blog, meaning,as I am sure Lsuoma would know, maybe the blog host, maybe someone else in the chain specific to the blog, and not specific to its users.

9. I was right. As were the other commenters on the issue.

10. I know that none of us are anywhere near as pefect as your Mmost Royal, inerrant, utterly holy Perfect Hignesses, Doctors Wizard 1 and 2.

11. Nonetheless, had I been issuing/applying for an actual contact with details with a Doctor Wizard, rather than just posting a comment for the information and edification of a pal, I would have actually provided more details. And having done this in the past, Lsuoma would know he could contact me, should he need to, for more specific details.

12. Knowing that Lsuoma would not be able to actually fix the problem himself, and knowing that he would have to contact an Actual Perfect Doctor Wiazrd, like your two Glorious Perfections to whom I prostrate myself in most inglorious shame at your heaven scented and most perfect unshod feet, I knew it was not necessary to approach this situation as I would with an actual Doctor Wizrd, with copiuos specifics, logs, technical details, textbook quotations, copies of any technical diplomas I happen to own, etc., etc., etc.

Fuck me, but you elitist, pompous lords of perfection are tiresome. Do, please, gorw up.

tl;dr: HOW DARE YOU POINT OUT THAT I KNOW FUCK-NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS AND THAT I WAS MAKING AN ASSUMPTION BASED ON IGNORANCE.

Write a 24-point epistle. Barring actual evidence to the contrary, and based on the evidence I've both collected and seen, I'm pretty fucking comfortable in saying you were wrong about it being a server issue, instead of a routing issue.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:
There's your problem.
Welp I had a quick look and so far it looks as if requests get there fairly quickly. Responding appears to be a bit of an issue with image files.

BTW any idea if your host has a BGP issue?

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

cunt wrote:This really is pathetic. A bunch of people who know and like each other are planning to meet in a hotel bar. Fucking lmao at that.
It's fucking criminal is what it is. Next thing you know they'll be enjoying themselves. :roll:

cunt

Post by cunt »

This IT shit really just remind me of the muslims who sought to lecture Myers about embryology outside some conference. Welch actually knows his shit, fuckhead. You lost.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:
So fucking what? I am sure whole books could be written about what you don't know about music, or technical writing, or grammar, or making effective, concise, well understood blog comments that people might actually want to read. So fucking what? There was an issue with the blog, which did not appear to be sourced at my end, so I made a small comment to Lsuoma to see if he could look into it, trace it, or otherwise find out whether it was closer to his end than my end, which it was, and had it not been I would have looked into on jy end.

And he did; and it was.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

welch, seriously, what the fuck is your problem? Are you trying to emulate josh spokesgay, or some other FfTB clown?

You're a fucking disgrace.
To what? Your fucking willy?

*I'M* the guy who went out and did multiple independent measurements of site load times, and ran a traceroute to see if I was seeing what Lsuoma was.

Unlike you and your crying and your anecdotes, I did at least some form of cursory testing to try to gather evidence as to what was going on, given that I simply did not see what you and the others were. I even provided the results of that, just so others could examine it, and maybe run their own similar tests.

I based MY opinion on actual knowledge in the field, and more importantly, data.

You're the one crying and moaning because I'm not giving your fucking anecdote the same weight as data and testing, yet i'm the fucking disgrace? I'm the baboon?

I'm sorry, I missed the rule where your feelings outweight data and testing when it comes to actual technical issues. I can't wait to apply that in the real world.

"I've tested the server over and over and it works correctly, and all the evidence points to an issue that isn't actually a server issue. But since you feel it's slow, here, just approve this PO, and I'll spend thousands of dollars to fix a problem that isn't actually there."

Shitheads like you are why when the aliens invade, IT people will be slaughtering each other to be the quislings.

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:This really is pathetic. A bunch of people who know and like each other are planning to meet in a hotel bar. Fucking lmao at that.
HOW DARRRRE THEY

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Apples wrote:Amanda Marcotte is now the second person (can't remember the first - either Svan or SallyStrange) I've seen retweet this link: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/25 ... -abortion/

"Women In Iowa Must Now Seek Personal Approval Of Republican Governor To Get An Abortion"
I'll give you, um, no guesses as to whether the article headline accurately represents the situation, never mind Marcotte's characteristically crude sexism.
I am deeply offended with the N. American substitution of the word woman in favour of "lady". Quite simply %99.99 of the time the person of the female persuasion in question is not a lady in any way, shape or form.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Hey Lsuoma, the PTOS almost has 100,000 posts.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Vacula meets Carlos Diaz of atheist alliance international, in Dublin.

Somewhere (probably Liverpool), at this very moment, there's a sad mother, wondering whatever happened to the twins she gave up for adoption all those years ago.

http://i.imgur.com/FKT03mn.jpg
Snappy dressers.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Remick wrote: The problem with Ally's argument is that it compares a grass-roots political group of little means, to large multi-nation corps and certain individuals who are the .01% in the world. No shit they have less influence than Goldman Sachs. Guess what, Goldman gives no fucks about feminism or anti-feminism. They would prefer that any social issue groups make a loud distraction while they take all the money. Keep fighting among yourself plebs, we'll just be over here!

You could take any single issue political group and look and see if they have corp donors, NO? Well, then guess what, they are in the same shit as everyone else including feminists.
Just for clarification would you consider NOW for example a "grass-roots political group"?

As an aside, would you agree that real power is usually "invisible" (the implication of course is that those who make the most noise are generally those with the least influence)?

Apples

Post by Apples »

Za-zen wrote:Dear stefhoney, a message from reality as a wake up call from your control freaking neurosis

6LQlLTaaOAs
That JT thread is amazing. Shorter Stefunny: "Clean my toe cheese. No - not with your finger, with your tongue, scumbag."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013 ... are-jerks/

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Eskarina wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:The gravy train reaches Dublin.
http://i.imgur.com/KXWcjdJ.jpg
This photo is wrong on so many levels.
He looks like one of those creepy Catholic Priests in that picture...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I remember that show -- Harry Enfield (something or other).... Funnier than hell.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Vacula meets Carlos Diaz of atheist alliance international, in Dublin.

Somewhere (probably Liverpool), at this very moment, there's a sad mother, wondering whatever happened to the twins she gave up for adoption all those years ago.

Photo made me head over to IMDB and try and find a "Carlos Diaz" in the credits to "Good Fellas".

BTW - Vacula's a sly one. Find the one person in Dublin who can deflect attention from Justin's mustache and get a picture taken.

Crafty.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

So, I check in for the latest FTBlols and what do I find?

[youtube]cWk6RgQbPVc[/youtube]

:hankey:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Apples wrote:Amanda Marcotte is now the second person (can't remember the first - either Svan or SallyStrange) I've seen retweet this link: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/25 ... -abortion/

Reading comprehension is not Marcotte's thing. It's who gets stuck with the bill -- the patient or the State. Has nothing to do with getting permission from the governor. Problem is the original article was written by some frothing-at-the-mouth blowhards.

The AP does a much better job and tells us:
Branstad said he is likely to approve the legislation, which impacts reimbursements after the abortions, not authorizing the procedures ahead of time.
http://news.yahoo.com/iowa-gov-may-ok-m ... 16543.html

It was also negotiated between the Dems and Repubs, not sneaked in by the Repubs. By zealots will be zealots and ideologues, ideologues.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Remick wrote:
So by "interest" you took it as "sexual interest"... ok. Wachs is also a female yet many feel walter was a little too creepy in regards to her.
Sigh:

[youtube]wxbZIe9zXsQ[/youtube]

Now do you understand, Jeff? (That was a joke, Remick.)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Of course I am always interested in a better argument than the one above, so if you have one I would like to see it.
Wait, so you aren't convinced by the (pretty good actually) argument that Ally F presented but aren't also willing or able to put up any kind of counter-argument to it. Actually you just want to ignore it and implore people to come up with a "better" argument.
Interesting that you would assume that I meant a better counter argument, when I was thinking the exact opposite. Now, was it the way I stated it, or was it your bias at work?

By the way, the nature of the beast is that we are in the end, discusing a subject that is open to interpenetration. Last time I checked there was nor ruler I could use and say influence of X = 13.876 fluevogs and so on.
cunt wrote: Do your majesty also want people to kiss your feet while they're making this new argument? Or can they just tell you to fuck right off.
Well I do not actually expect people to bow and scrape, and while the temptation is there to state it would not hurt your case too badly and suggest you try it, in the end I can not offer any such guarantee.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Gefan wrote:

Photo made me head over to IMDB and try and find a "Carlos Diaz" in the credits to "Good Fellas".

BTW - Vacula's a sly one. Find the one person in Dublin who can deflect attention from Justin's mustache and get a picture taken.

Crafty.
I confess that I thought at first it was a photoshop.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

welch, as you seem to ba having some major kind of psychological/emotional melt down, I will repeat what I originally asked:
Lsuoma, any idea what is causing all this slowness? Is it a host server problem? Or is someone actively trying to sabotage the place?
Note, please, that I did not say it was a server problem; I asked if it might be; if he knew what the problem might be. A simple question to the host of the BBS.

Angry_Drunk misrepresents my post as saying it must be a remote problem. Which I did not do, and is not what I said. I asked Lsuoma if it might be a remote problem. And then you fucking shitheads just escalated, like I'm the FC(n) rolled into one, or I just raped your daughters, and should be eviscerated.

The responses from each of you could have been a helpful, constructive, and informative "Clearly you have no expertise in this area; we're all newbies and ignorant at something. So, why don't you try such-and-such to see if you can trace the problem at your end."

But no, instead I get snark, insults, belligerence, and basically, Why you so stupid? Why you knot take course in 'net tech? Why you not know everything I know? Why you so stupid? Why you knot meee?

Right, why be helpful, constructive, and informative when it is easier to rage, and vent, and be willfully hurtful, insulting, and dismissive? Right? Right.

I am really bewildered at the anger, the hositility, the judging someone's simple questions as being some kind of symptom of idiocy because I do not know the things you know, I do not have the experience you have, I have not had the career or specific educational courses you have had; the judging of someone's character, knowledge, behaviour, and actions, by a simplistic review of your own. My, my, what a crime. I'm not you. How egregious of me.

Time to dog-pile on the stupid idiot, the malformed non-human, the patheic excuse for an oxygen sucker, the sinner.

Our grand sociopathic hero welch said:
*I'M* the guy who went out and did multiple independent measurements of site load times, and ran a traceroute to see if I was seeing what Lsuoma was.
Good for you. Everybody's hero. I abase myself for not knowing to do that, or how to do that. I should be shot at dawn.

Your anger and blatant and offensive distortion of my commentary is bewildering to me. Like I said, sure, I do not know what you know; I do not have exprtise in the areas you do; I do not have your computer experience; so fucking what?

I asked a simple quesation, and the dog pile begins.

What the fuck is going on around here lately with people like welch, mykeru, cunt, all raging at and deeply insulting anyone who Is Not Them? Are you guys actually actively trying to make this place into a mirror image of FfTB? You're doing a damned fine job at it.

Someone asks a simple question and BOOM! Shoot the fucker at dawn with extreme prejudice.

Amazing. Truly amazing.

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote: Interesting that you would assume that I meant a better counter argument, when I was thinking the exact opposite. Now, was it the way I stated it, or was it your bias at work?

By the way, the nature of the beast is that we are in the end, discusing a subject that is open to interpenetration. Last time I checked there was nor ruler I could use and say influence of X = 13.876 fluevogs and so on.
Well then the problem is either that you don't read or can't articulate your thoughts. You haven't actually made a counter-argument, here anyway, nor have you linked to anywhere that your shining brilliance appears. Your counter-argument, at the moment, is in stealth mode.
Well I do not actually expect people to bow and scrape, and while the temptation is there to state it would not hurt your case too badly and suggest you try it, in the end I can not offer any such guarantee.
Poor Andrew, why does nobody give a flying fuck about his super important and clever and invisible opinions?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Tigzy, maybe you should start up a Slyme Page o' Insults thread, and focus on welch, cunt, mykeru, et al, and their oh-so-charming perfection: the OMs of the Pit.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

cunt

Post by cunt »

You lost an IT argument. I know it hurts, but really. You're going to get over this. Somebody knows more about something than you do.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Holy fuck you guys need to chill the fuck out. No one gives a fucking shit.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tribble wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:The gravy train reaches Dublin.
http://i.imgur.com/KXWcjdJ.jpg
This photo is wrong on so many levels.
He looks like one of those creepy Catholic Priests in that picture...
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 36b670.png

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

This... this might just be funnier than any photoshop I've ever see here.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:welch, as you seem to ba having some major kind of psychological/emotional melt down, I will repeat what I originally asked:
When all else fails, poison the well.
John Greg wrote:
Lsuoma, any idea what is causing all this slowness? Is it a host server problem? Or is someone actively trying to sabotage the place?
Note, please, that I did not say it was a server problem; I asked if it might be; if he knew what the problem might be. A simple question to the host of the BBS.

Angry_Drunk misrepresents my post as saying it must be a remote problem. Which I did not do, and is not what I said. I asked Lsuoma if it might be a remote problem. And then you fucking shitheads just escalated, like I'm the FC(n) rolled into one, or I just raped your daughters, and should be eviscerated.
Because you were assuming it must be a remote problem. Look at your ACTUAL WORDS:
Now, I know I'm just a fucking IT person, so what would I know, but "host server" and "is someone trying to sabotage the place (the pit)" both sound an awful lot like "a remote problem" to me. Unless by "host server" you meant "the computer here in my house" and "sabotage" you meant...well, fuck, I cannot actually come up with a way that makes any fucking sense unless you're talking about a remote server.

So, because your ACTUAL WORDS assume remote system, Angry said what he said. Again, man, what a fucking DICKFACE to assume that because you used language that clearly assumed remote server, you actually meant that. How fucking rude of him.

John Greg wrote:The responses from each of you could have been a helpful, constructive, and informative "Clearly you have no expertise in this area; we're all newbies and ignorant at something. So, why don't you try such-and-such to see if you can trace the problem at your end."
Because your reaction to Angry's one liner was SO FUCKING INDICATIVE that you'd be willing to think you weren't wrong.
John Greg wrote:But no, instead I get snark, insults, belligerence, and basically, Why you so stupid? Why you knot take course in 'net tech? Why you not know everything I know? Why you so stupid? Why you knot meee?

Right, why be helpful, constructive, and informative when it is easier to rage, and vent, and be willfully hurtful, insulting, and dismissive? Right? Right.
Aww, does your pussy hurt? Did we not kiss your ass, pat you on the bum, and treat your fee-fees with appropriate care? Did I do a horrible mean thing like go collect fucking data? HOW SIMPLY AWFUL OF ME.
John Greg wrote:I am really bewildered at the anger, the hositility, the judging someone's simple questions as being some kind of symptom of idiocy because I do not know the things you know, I do not have the experience you have, I have not had the career or specific educational courses you have had; the judging of someone's character, knowledge, behaviour, and actions, by a simplistic review of your own. My, my, what a crime. I'm not you. How egregious of me.
Coming from someone who wrote a 12-point ragetear-fueled epistle, the fact you are "bewildered" by someone's anger is hi-fucking-larious. In fact, let us look at your calm, reasoned response to Angry's first response that showed you were allowing for the possibility it might just be you:
On the off-chance that you might be referring to my comment on Super Slow Slyme, I base that statement on the fact that of the 15 or so blogs I visit every day, several of which are the same style of phpBB blog as the Pit, the Pit is the only one, I repeat, the only one that is slow. And this has been the case for the last, I think, four or five days. And I am not the only person to notice this.

So, yes, it could be my system, even my local ISP, but it's not.
How calm, how reasoned you were. How willing to allow for the fact it's anything but what you assume the problem is. Oh wait, you told him that it couldn't be that. Based on what? the traceroutes you didn't run? The data you didn't collect? Oh no, you just knew, right? you have a special way of "knowing"?
John Greg wrote:Time to dog-pile on the stupid idiot, the malformed non-human, the patheic excuse for an oxygen sucker, the sinner.
Get off the cross, we need the wood.
John Greg wrote:Our grand sociopathic hero welch said:
Good for you. Everybody's hero. I abase myself for not knowing to do that, or how to do that. I should be shot at dawn.
I bet it just burned you right in the skepticism to see someone using knowledge and data to refute your claim.
John Greg wrote:Your anger and blatant and offensive distortion of my commentary is bewildering to me. Like I said, sure, I do not know what you know; I do not have exprtise in the areas you do; I do not have your computer experience; so fucking what?
I didn't distort a fucking thing. You just realized you were making an assumption based in ignorance, (although at this point, I'm willing to downgrade that to deliberate stupidity), and when presented with the idea that it's not affecting everyone, what was your response?

Basically, "LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE SEE IT, SO CLEARLY I WAS RIGHT". No, you weren't. It wasn't the server, it wasn't a hacking attack, (like you'd even know what that looks like), and I explained why it most likely wasn't that at least twice. But oh no, someone had insinuated you didn't have a huge fucking tech dick, YOU MUST UNLEASH HELL. Fuckwit.
John Greg wrote:I asked a simple quesation, and the dog pile begins.
you made an assumption from ignorance and when that was pointed out to you, you started rage-tearing like an angry little fountain. Poor delicate you. Maybe next time, you'll not make assumptions from ignorance. Maybe when you do, (because people like you always do), when someone points out how you are making assumptions, you'll not be so quick to get all ragey about it. (I kid. Of course you'll do that.)
John Greg wrote:What the fuck is going on around here lately with people like welch, mykeru, cunt, all raging at and deeply insulting anyone who Is Not Them? Are you guys actually actively trying to make this place into a mirror image of FfTB? You're doing a damned fine job at it.
Yeah. How like the FTB lot to respond to an assumption from ignorance with data and proof.
John Greg wrote:Someone asks a simple question and BOOM! Shoot the fucker at dawn with extreme prejudice.
"how dare you respond to an assumption with facts and data. BABOONS"
John Greg wrote:Amazing. Truly amazing.
Bravura performance. Simply Bravura. You should get an Oscar for it.

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:Tigzy, maybe you should start up a Slyme Page o' Insults thread, and focus on welch, cunt, mykeru, et al, and their oh-so-charming perfection: the OMs of the Pit.
If you were any more sandy-vag'd, someone would be shoving an umbrella up your ass.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Calm down lads.

[youtube]STIvNjWobzA[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@John Greg

It's the price of the freedom you get with the pit, old son. Have to take the rough with the smooth. That said, the rough is pretty easily ignored when it's so easy to envision Cunt and Welch as chubby men.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE I.T. GUYS.

/that is all

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Classical cult behaviour here:

http://i.imgur.com/6wFF3e1.jpg

What a creep. This is the kind of emotional blackmail that would not be out of place in Scientology. You know you are on the wrong side if you have maggots like Improbable Joe on yours.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013 ... are-jerks/

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

OK now it looks like Mr. Kotter meets Dennis Farina.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mykeru wrote:THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE I.T. GUYS.

/that is all
[youtube]2Z8pgV74_Hw[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Or might it be possible that, if someone is *really* ignorant about IT, that 'hosting problem' and 'routing problem' essentially mean the same thing?

So JG might not have necessarily meant 'it HAS to be a HOSTING problem', he may have just meant, 'yo, it can't be me, plenty of other people have the same problem, maybe it's the hosting (with routing being implied, due to his ignorance of the subject).

That's just my charitable reading of the whole thing :P

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

another lurker wrote:Or might it be possible that, if someone is *really* ignorant about IT, that 'hosting problem' and 'routing problem' essentially mean the same thing?

So JG might not have necessarily meant 'it HAS to be a HOSTING problem', he may have just meant, 'yo, it can't be me, plenty of other people have the same problem, maybe it's the hosting (with routing being implied, due to his ignorance of the subject).

That's just my charitable reading of the whole thing :P
You'll never get anywhere at the pit with an attitude like that!