Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Early Cuyler wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:It's almost like WW2 over my house right now. There has been a Harvard bomber and a couple of 40's vintage fighters flying around.
Cool! whereabouts do you live?

You see a lot of that at Chino airport in Riverside county.
Comox, BC (Canada). Near a Canadian Forces Base. There's been some great airshows here, it's been 4 years since the last one so it's interesting to see some strange planes in the air for a change.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Rope apologist wrote: I don't know who's winning or losing, although I obviously hope that Shermer is--unless he's guilty, for which I lack credible evidence. Shermer makes it sound like things are proceeding, however, and that others are in jeopardy:
I view it in more compartmentalized form. Myers is guilty of libel regardless of the guilt or innocence of Shermer. This may sound callous, but it seems to be the way the law works. And in this case it actually makes sense, since the criminal case would be separate from the civil libel case (as Skep tickle mentioned about a week ago), and the law should have remedy for the kind of kangaroo public trial Myers is conducting. Myers has declared Shermer a rapist, not on testimonial evidence as everyone insists at FtB but on hearsay. Testimonial evidence is sworn testimony under penalty of perjury that can be cross-examined, etc. Myers is guilty of libel from hearsay, end of story. Whether or not Shermer is Jack the Rapist is a separate matter and a different case.

(The usual IANAL caveats apply. It's fun playing lawyer though, isn't it? Almost as fun as playing doctor.)

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Michael J wrote:I'm not a lawyer but have watched quite a few on TV. To me it's open and shut case of libel. I think that one of the reasons that nothing is happening is that it is under negotiation between the two lawyers. Now I think that Shermer is not really after the money but wants to hurt and humilate PZ enough that it will scare him and the rest of the SJW crew.
Now if I was PZ's lawyer I know that Shermer really wants the retraction and apology all the rest is just gravy. As a first gambit I would say - PZ will retract the post and comments and wont refer to it anymore but wont apologize and Shermer must renounce looking for any other damages.

Now PZs lawyer would know that this wont be acceptable but it gives PZ a minor victory by being able to ignore the deadline as the issue is being negotiated.

Now Shermer wont pull the trigger because he really wants PZ to humiliate himself and as long as it looks as though PZs lawyer is negotiating in good faith, Shermer wont do anything. My guess is that Monday is when we either see PZ capitulate or Shermer will lose his patience and it will really be on.
I'm not sure I agree. The cease and desist letter wasn't the opening of negotiations. It was terms for unconditional surrender. For Shermer to negotiate after Myers ignored the letter would telegraph that he (Shermer) thinks his case is weak. Assuming Shermer's case isn't weak, then he would be better off filing a suit in Los Angeles County, then wait for Myers to approach about negotiating a settlement. It may very well be cheaper that was as it would be in Myer's best interest, in the absence of an actual lawsuit filing, to slow roll negotiations in hopes of getting better terms.

Post by Guest »

Tribble wrote:I looked up his crime, but didn't gather all the information to put it all together but what it looks like it might have been is that he was a teenage boy having sex with a teenage girl and charges got pressed. Something like this:
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. • Shane Sandborg isn't allowed to go near a school, park or playground. He can't go to many events with his two young sons. His housing and employment have been limited.

Sandborg is on Illinois' Sex Offender Registry. He was placed on the list because eight years ago, when he was 17, he got his 16-year-old girlfriend pregnant. Police found them together during the investigation of an unrelated burglary. She never made an allegation of force. Today he's married to another woman.
What laws made that possible? Are there specific ones when the girl gets pregnant? Because, at least currently - not sure about your time there, neither Illinois's nor Tennessee's age of consent laws would make those two events unlawful, apparently (they both seem to allow sex between persons close in age).

Post by Guest »

Tribble wrote:These are called 'Romeo and Juliet" sex offenders. Kids having sex, boy gets in trouble. When we lived in Nashville, we had one of those our neighborhood. A 15-year-old boy was fooling around with 16-year-old girl and knocked her up. Daddy went ballistic, he was arrested, admitted it to the cops, and now he's a sex offender. She's not, btw. Because of Patriarchy and shit.
Blah, forgot to quote this part too. I'm guessing you got the ages the other way around, here?

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Early Cuyler wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:It's almost like WW2 over my house right now. There has been a Harvard bomber and a couple of 40's vintage fighters flying around.

Comox, BC (Canada). Near a Canadian Forces Base. There's been some great airshows here, it's been 4 years since the last one so it's interesting to see some strange planes in the air for a change.
Cool ditto. You get to see pretty close to the same show I saw at Abbotsford last weekend -- nice array of utilitarian aircraft without the American modern warfighters on display.

If it was a single engine WWII warbird, it was likely either you saw an actual Spitfire from the Historic Flight Museum or their Bearcat.

And a boatload of Harvards. Or Texans. Or SJNs. Or whatever they want to call them based on their paint scheme du annee.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

And I will just dump this right here:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5549/9527 ... 2220_c.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Helping Hand wrote:
If it was a single engine WWII warbird, it was likely either you saw an actual Spitfire from the Historic Flight Museum or their Bearcat.
I think it was the Bearcat.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Cold wrote:
VAXherd wrote:Social Sciences are part of STEM.
Sociology is a soft baby science, much like psychology. Too soft as of right now to be of any real application.

There are lots of good dumps to take on psychology, but at least there are testable theories from time to time. I don't think the current popular theories in sociology can be called ANY kind of science....the shit that's being taught some places is more like anti-science. Critical race theory, social conflict theory as informed by marxism, academic feminism.....they are simply "revolutionary" political theories, which by and large have been subject to a lot of "debate" but not much actual research or scientific scrutiny. They have a tiny bit of validity in so far as they analyze possible historical roots of modern society, but the biggest proponents have pretty much decided that:

Whiteness + Capitalism =OPPRESSION

...no matter what. The "revolution" must happen, even if their theories and ideas about human beings and human society are 100% wrong, or if they lead to greater suffering for all. The more and more I read in modern sociology and feminism/race theory....they're fucking religions, not sciences. And often particularly ugly religions, at that.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

VAXherd wrote:
Cold wrote:Uh oh, did I ring the bell of Pavlov's Dogs?

Psychology major detected!
Sociology, Ph.D. My day job was in Space Plasma Physics.

What's your background?
Cold wrote:Surveys are not science.
This is gonna take a while.

Let's start with the easiest thing: You do know that what the SJWs are spouting is not what real Social Scientists do. Right?
I know that answer! They frequently make things up or design really bad survey's to get confirm their conclusions.

OTOH, I've known a couple of sociologists. Real ones. People who do it with math. Who spend a shit-ton of time trying to make sure they get it right. Because they're interested in the real problems so real solutions can be crafted.

DataNotDogma

Post by DataNotDogma »

Michael J wrote:I'm not a lawyer but have watched quite a few on TV. To me it's open and shut case of libel.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm not a scientist but I've seen quite a few on TV......

Just stop. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

The print is a bit small, but you can click on the magnifying glass icon to see a larger version.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 46a4f3.png

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

JAB wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Ä uest wrote:So the holy hand grenade page has now been up 8 days, and has survived two days past the C&D order.

I admit I am surprised and while I certainly hope PeeZus loses in the long run, I have to wonder if he hasn't won

Round 1 (putting up the page and spreading the defamation)
Round 2 (surviving the C&D and spreading notions of martyrdom and exile)

I cannot imagine the legal theories we've heard at his forum (or other fora including Scalzi's) being anywhere close to the truth, but I dunno, maybe it's closer than I had thought.
The more the rumors and innuendo spread, the more damages can be attributed to the original post by Myers. I have no idea to what extend Shermer's lawyers can pin increasing damages on ancillary reports (so Shermer can obtain multiple settlements from different sources), but it's possible Shermer might be able to retire a very wealthy man from this. If FtB keeps stoking the fire, it's eventually going to become easy to prove that his entire career has been ruined by this event.
I don't think anybody but the lawyers are going to come out with money. PZ doesn't have that much, and his horde is too ineffectual to have jobs.

House with equity. 403(b). Wage garnishment of professorial salary. Bank accounts. Ad revenue from FtB share. Copy-Paste Royalties. Speaker's fees. Investments.

Shermer will spend some where around 30K to 50K. Myers will be forced to do the same. But unless Myers has pissed all his money away, there should be enough to cover Shermer's attorney fees and some left over.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Early Cuyler wrote:

Hi five to fellow BCer from the mainland.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Gumby wrote:http://i.imgur.com/Z8SrpeO.jpg
What if the MoC gets the WW drunk first?

CHECKMATE!!!
I was getting all excited and about to sign up for rape classes, and then this. I have to be a MOC first? I am one sad panda.
You can fix that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

I have a hard time believing that Shermer is that easily trolled.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Always believe the survivors, except when their message conflicts with your script. Then you send an 'alert' to the holy Peezus (and we know what that means). As far as I can see the poster is not a troll.

http://i.imgur.com/wCLNW55.jpg

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-671500

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

bovarchist wrote:
Hi five to fellow BCer from the mainland.
Ditto from Dog

acathode

Post by acathode »

Michael J wrote:Now Shermer wont pull the trigger because he really wants PZ to humiliate himself and as long as it looks as though PZs lawyer is negotiating in good faith, Shermer wont do anything. My guess is that Monday is when we either see PZ capitulate or Shermer will lose his patience and it will really be on.
Or nothing at all will happen.

Shermer might simply decide to not take the case to court, despise Myers ignoring the C&D. The main thing that Shermer get from taking this all the way to court is hurting PZ financially, if Shermer even wins the case. However the cost for Shermer will be not only a ton of lawyer fees, time and energy, but also greatly increasing the publicity of the story. Added to that, the actual case will likely get pretty messy, Shermer and others might have to witness about his sexual activities, and PZ having to disclose the names of his sources will make it very easy for the SJWs to paint Shermer as a even worse villain. Even if Shermer win, he might come out of it very embarrassed and with further hurt reputation.

As been pointed out before, the damage done to Shermer really can't be repaired, no matter what Shermer does it will be spun by the SJWs as proof of his obvious guilt. The question is if Shermer really want to hurt PZ enough to actually pay both the cash and the publicity that it would cost. I'm not sure Shermer does, and PZ is obviously betting that he doesn't, since he's basically calling Shermer's bluff by not complying with the C&D. It will be interesting to see what happens, but if this just fizzles out I wouldn't be very surprised at all.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Jan Steen wrote:Always believe the survivors, except when their message conflicts with your script. Then you send an 'alert' to the holy Peezus (and we know what that means). As far as I can see the poster is not a troll.

I hope it's true, because it's bloody well accurate. I'll have a sniff about.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Jan Steen wrote:Always believe the survivors, except when their message conflicts with your script. Then you send an 'alert' to the holy Peezus (and we know what that means). As far as I can see the poster is not a troll.

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/wCLNW55.jpg[/img]

Well, if/when PZ deletes it, it will look even worse for him, because we have it and can splash it all over the web. It will show everybody just how few fucks he gives about anything but his agenda.

And fuck you Caine, for deciding immediately that it was a troll post. All these high-falutin' words from you lately about your ceaseless struggle for The Victims and you show the only thing you care about is covering PZ's fat lardass. Cunt. Liar. Hypocrite.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

bovarchist wrote:I have a hard time believing that Shermer is that easily trolled.
Well, Svan the ugly twat seems to have bought it. Bigtime. So have most of the Baboons.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

Holy shit, I knew that Rogi Riverstone (in Jan's link) more than a decade ago from some philosophy/religion forums. Wow. No, she's not trolling, unless she's been amazingly consistent about it all these years. Not at all surprised she ended up on A+. Takes me back...

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

To explain my own ignorance a bit, when I dumped on sociology earlier, I am a layman, and talking only about broad theories written for more or less layman consumption. I have yet to read one that didn't seem to be more of a belief system than any kind of testable theory that might be applicable to real life. I am obviously more familiar with works that are much more personal and political rather than research-based. "Social criticism" is more what I should have been crapping on. Stuff that tries to explain too much with too little.

Apologies to those who have studied more than myself.

real horrorshow

I'm seeing a private Twitter account.

This here http://www.prx.org/users/67167-rogi

And this http://rogiriverstone.com/

And this http://rriverstone.blogspot.co.uk/

So, on that (very) quick skim, there is a 'rogi riverstone'

Who appears to be nuts and the worst Website designer in the world.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Rogi seems like the type of troubled soul who could end up getting some very rough treatment at the handz of the horde.

Wouldn't be the first.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Guest wrote:
Tribble wrote:I looked up his crime, but didn't gather all the information to put it all together but what it looks like it might have been is that he was a teenage boy having sex with a teenage girl and charges got pressed. Something like this:
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. • Shane Sandborg isn't allowed to go near a school, park or playground. He can't go to many events with his two young sons. His housing and employment have been limited.

Sandborg is on Illinois' Sex Offender Registry. He was placed on the list because eight years ago, when he was 17, he got his 16-year-old girlfriend pregnant. Police found them together during the investigation of an unrelated burglary. She never made an allegation of force. Today he's married to another woman.
What laws made that possible? Are there specific ones when the girl gets pregnant? Because, at least currently - not sure about your time there, neither Illinois's nor Tennessee's age of consent laws would make those two events unlawful, apparently (they both seem to allow sex between persons close in age).
Sandborg is an Illinois story. My Tennessee story was a neighborhood kid and I got the details from the neighborhood grapevine about 3-years after I moved in. He lived in the same neighborhood (one block over). He was on the list, that I can verify because I checked that out on TBI website when I was told. But the ages I was told, along with other details, could be wrong.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

DataNotDogma wrote:
Michael J wrote:I'm not a lawyer but have watched quite a few on TV. To me it's open and shut case of libel.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I can't believe anyone would take my statement as other than having tongue firmly in my cheek. I was going to say "I'm not a lawyer but have played one on TV" but I didn't think anybody would get the reference.

LonLon

Post by LonLon »

real horrorshow wrote:I'm seeing a private Twitter account.

From Atheist Revolution
http://www.atheistrev.com/2013/08/more- ... ermer.html

Rogi Riverstone

Well, thank you, PZ Meyers, for opening your goddamn mouth. I didn't need you to "rescue" me from the big bad rapists. You spread gossip -- unsubstantiated rumors -- about another MAN (WHY IS THIS CONVERSATION BEING HIJACKED BY CIS WHITE MEN OF PRIVILEGE????) and called him a rapist. With no corroborative evidence. So, now, everybody's sneering @ you. Problem is, they're sneering at ME and every other survivor of rape. You've completely discredited us. We're already branded as hysterical and accused of making false charges. But YOU had to stick YOUR DICK in the shit and stir it. Because it's all about YOU, my white knight in shining armor, who has come to rescue me from the big, mean menz. I DIDN'T ASK YOU FOR HELP! I don't WANT your help! I don't NEED your help! You DIDN'T HELP! Now, I can't sleep and I'm triggered, angry, frightened, scared and sad. Great job! All so you can have an alpha male primate fight with another MAN! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET US SPEAK FOR OURSELVES! Goddamn you!

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Cliché Guevara wrote:Holy shit, I knew that Rogi Riverstone (in Jan's link) more than a decade ago from some philosophy/religion forums. Wow. No, she's not trolling, unless she's been amazingly consistent about it all these years. Not at all surprised she ended up on A+. Takes me back...
Viva la guest, gusta la nombre. Also 7th grade spanish class.

I tried to say "Hi guest. I like your clever name, el haha." But probably didn't.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Guest wrote:
Tribble wrote:These are called 'Romeo and Juliet" sex offenders. Kids having sex, boy gets in trouble. When we lived in Nashville, we had one of those our neighborhood. A 15-year-old boy was fooling around with 16-year-old girl and knocked her up. Daddy went ballistic, he was arrested, admitted it to the cops, and now he's a sex offender. She's not, btw. Because of Patriarchy and shit.
Blah, forgot to quote this part too. I'm guessing you got the ages the other way around, here?

It's possible. It was a second-hand story. Also, it was at least 16+ years ago as it happened before I moved into the neighborhood and my youngest was 6-months old when we did.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

All I can say is LOL.

And when I say LOL I'm not LOLing at the paragraph on top from the poster talking about some rather grotesque assault they've encountered, because there's nothing amusing in that section.

I'm LOLing at the second panel, the panel that shows that once again the regular Pharyngula sheeple who frequent the place, when seeing their master PZ challenged in any fashion, can't engage and instead run to PZ to save them from the shock of having to read a point of view that is in opposition to the Pharyngula hive. It's like fucking kindergarten recess: "Teacher! Teacher! They said a bad word!" Only this time it's "PZ! PZ! Someone said something mean about you!"

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these types? How can a contrarian view be so frightening that it causes grown-ass adults to go and cower behind the administrator like a pitiful toddler? Hopefully the poster at the top, who seemed to express some sentiment of possibly seeing the reasons behind what it is the rest of us have been saying about PZ and his allies, will see full well just what a trainwreck Pharyngula and A+Theism are and leave that shit behind.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Oh, I don't know. This is a vid from he blogspot page. Is it her in it?

[youtube]u_XbDA2Y9-4[/youtube]

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Michael J wrote:
DataNotDogma wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I can't believe anyone would take my statement as other than having tongue firmly in my cheek. I was going to say "I'm not a lawyer but have played one on TV" but I didn't think anybody would get the reference.
I could tell... I was playing off your snark. Some people must not be familiar with that joke, I suppose.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Rogi seems like the type of troubled soul who could end up getting some very rough treatment at the handz of the horde.

Wouldn't be the first.

Well, yes, being an 'actual victim' who rejects 'white-knighting' is a double-sin.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:What types were the fighters?
I couldn't identify them. Kind of like a Spitfire only boxier.
Typhoon or Tempest maybe.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Early Cuyler wrote:

I lived in Campbell River until a few years ago. My step-dad was a SAR Tech at Comox.

Best salmon fishing in the world!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:snip
And fuck you Caine, for deciding immediately that it was a troll post. All these high-falutin' words from you lately about your ceaseless struggle for The Victims and you show the only thing you care about is covering PZ's fat lardass. Cunt. Liar. Hypocrite.
QFT. It's absolutely disgusting.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

acathode wrote: As been pointed out before, the damage done to Shermer really can't be repaired, no matter what Shermer does it will be spun by the SJWs as proof of his obvious guilt. The question is if Shermer really want to hurt PZ enough to actually pay both the cash and the publicity that it would cost. I'm not sure Shermer does, and PZ is obviously betting that he doesn't, since he's basically calling Shermer's bluff by not complying with the C&D. It will be interesting to see what happens, but if this just fizzles out I wouldn't be very surprised at all.
I think that PZ saying "its complicated" and his lack of overt gloating makes me think that there is something happening in the background between the two sides. I agree that Shermer wont want this dragged out in court and probably wants PZ to humiliate himself public and to pay enough money that it hurts.

Now the only leverage that PZ has is this humiliation and can say "What is the point of the apology and withdrawing the post if you are going to hit me with a huge settlement anyway. I might as well as leave the post up and take the financial lumps anyway, I can't be bankrupted more than once".

So my guess is that the negotiations are between how much embarrassment PZ will accept against how much Shermer is willing to drop the financial penalties.

If PZ was merely calling a bluff, I can't see how he could stop himself blowing a rasberry on his site.

Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere »

nippletwister wrote:To explain my own ignorance a bit, when I dumped on sociology earlier, I am a layman, and talking only about broad theories written for more or less layman consumption. I have yet to read one that didn't seem to be more of a belief system than any kind of testable theory that might be applicable to real life. I am obviously more familiar with works that are much more personal and political rather than research-based. "Social criticism" is more what I should have been crapping on. Stuff that tries to explain too much with too little.

Apologies to those who have studied more than myself.
The types of Psychology and Sociology that I've seen the slymepitters hate on most tend to comes from areas such as Theoretical Psychology, Critical Social Psychology, and general Critical Theory (or basically anything based on social constructionism). The last survey I recall suggested that 15% of professional psychologists considered themselves social constructionists. I consider 15% of professional psychologists to be fairly dim.

The articles often seem to stretch on for miles, even the most self-disciplined reader is likely to find their eyes unfocusing and the words blurring on the page under the onslaught of verbiage and general obfuscation. I personally don't even like to mock the crazier articles that arise from these areas, because it usually means that I have to read something in which half the words are misused and/or misunderstood. There is also a deep-seated mistrust of testable hypotheses in these areas, rather than providing specific predictions they tend to devote several thousand words to attempting to convince you have they don't need a prediction.

Not to say that all that kind of work is necessarily bad, some of the papers I've read have been very interesting. However, the wilder theories and inane ramblings seem to have gained the most traction and have acquired a cult-like following.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Why are people defending that insane screecher? Because he/she's attacking PZ and his horde? It's the same nutbag ideology, but it's aimed at "our enemies", so all of a sudden it's ok?

JustAtheist

Post by JustAtheist »

LurkerPerson wrote:Why are people defending that insane screecher? Because he/she's attacking PZ and his horde? It's the same nutbag ideology, but it's aimed at "our enemies", so all of a sudden it's ok?
The hypocrisy exposed by it can still be funny and applauded without agreeing with the lunacy right?

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Early Cuyler wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:What types were the fighters?
I couldn't identify them. Kind of like a Spitfire only boxier.
Some of the later versions of the Spitfire had "clipped" wings. Could that be what you saw?
Clearly they are alien flying saucers, filled to the brim with anal probes... :think: that or warhawks (The coolest planes ever).

Looking forward to the ensuing plane discussion :D

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

LurkerPerson wrote:Why are people defending that insane screecher? Because he/she's attacking PZ and his horde? It's the same nutbag ideology, but it's aimed at "our enemies", so all of a sudden it's ok?
In my case I know nothing of the person, so if there's a backstory I'm not familiar with it. I'm just taking the 2 posts from Pharyngula on their own merits.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tribble wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Rogi seems like the type of troubled soul who could end up getting some very rough treatment at the handz of the horde.

Wouldn't be the first.

Well, yes, being an 'actual victim' who rejects 'white-knighting' is a double-sin.
If her story is true then it sounds like she went through hell at some point, and knows a hell of a lot more about rape than any of those soulless bastards at FtB.

Over the years I have seen several FtB regulars (including, I believe, the poisonous bitch Caine Fleur du Mal) say that they had been raped. Normally, I would tend to take such a statement seriously, but given the horde's propensities for A) vigorously competing in the Oppresion Olympics to see who can rack up the most pitiful victim points and B) defining "rape" any damned way they want to, up to and including two consenting adults having sex while tipsy) I have to wonder just how many of these professional victims have actually been raped in the actual sense of the word. Nothing, absolutely nothing they say can be taken at face value anymore.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tribble wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Aneris wrote:Victim Blaming is also trivializing of rape etc. Here is a working Purity Ball link.

Warning: excessive creep level

[youtube]xt4xqZdsGo0[/youtube]
So... everyone else who watched this saw a bunch of guys who want to bang their daughters, right? It's not just me?
Yes, it's not just you.
And if I can't bang them, no one can!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

It's funny because SJW's will turn on each other at the first opportunity. Kind of like how ceepolk ate Setar the other day.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

And what makes this newcomer any different? Seeing that little rant, it's just another ideological purity test. The Pharyngulites and PZ obviously failed in his/her eyes. What do you imagine he/she would think of any slymepit regular? We'd probably be defined as mysoginist/chillgirl rape apologists at the very best...so exactly like the fainting couch FTB'rs.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

She may be a nutbag but she doesn't seem like she's trolling - even though she's over the top. I'm more interested in the reaction by the pustule-ridden commentariat than anything else. No one even responded to the post, except for Meter Maid Caine, who immediately ran to PZ to inform him there was a troll comment (which Caine does not know for a fact).

Troll or not, this person did a nice job revealing the so-called SJWs really don't give a fuck about anything but their clique and their community-poisoning agenda.

JustAtheist

Post by JustAtheist »

LurkerPerson wrote:And what makes this newcomer any different? Seeing that little rant, it's just another ideological purity test. The Pharyngulites and PZ obviously failed in his/her eyes. What do you imagine he/she would think of any slymepit regular? We'd probably be defined as mysoginist/chillgirl rape apologists at the very best...so exactly like the fainting couch FTB'rs.
I dont get your complaint. Noone seems to be offering them the crown to the slymepit kingdom. They are laughing at the fact that no matter how ridiculous you find some peoples ideology there is always going to be a bigger nut show up.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

As Maria Maltseva remarked, they are people more concerned with scoring politically correct points than being compassionate. It is hilarious that someone can turn up, tick literally all of their boxes and then some, and be immediately silenced because she did not respect their God.

Fucking awful people. Awful.

real horrorshow

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Oh, I don't know. This is a vid from he blogspot page. Is it her in it?

[youtube]u_XbDA2Y9-4[/youtube]
I couldn't say for certain. Only that it adds credibility to something. What that credibility is, I couldn't say. Was that tobacco?

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Sitting back and watching the Pharygulites inevitably turn on and eat each other I get. But seems like a few are more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt, despite the use of the exact same tropes, memes and ideological ranting present in FTBland. I mean, "white male boot on her neck"? Really? That's not trying to rack up victim points, or thinking the entire event (or let's face it, the entire world) revolves around her own personal experiences and feelings?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Richard Feynman on social science.

Cold

Post by Cold »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
bovarchist wrote:I have a hard time believing that Shermer is that easily trolled.
Well, Svan the ugly twat seems to have bought it. Bigtime. So have most of the Baboons.
The fact that they're taking that email exchange as truth further suggests that these people aren't skeptics.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

LurkerPerson wrote:Sitting back and watching the Pharygulites inevitably turn on and eat each other I get. But seems like a few are more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt, despite the use of the exact same tropes, memes and ideological ranting present in FTBland. I mean, "white male boot on her neck"? Really? That's not trying to rack up victim points, or thinking the entire event (or let's face it, the entire world) revolves around her own personal experiences and feelings?
She's doing a great job of pointing up the hypocrisy of that lot, and I'm enjoying it. Doesn't mean I'd invite her over her dinner.

welch

Post by welch »

No, no, they aren't. Yvette is.

My proof:

http://web.archive.org/web/201110061700 ... ormal.com/ (be glad the wayback machine doesn't include the MIDI files)

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

welch wrote:

No, no, they aren't. Yvette is.

My proof:

http://web.archive.org/web/201110061700 ... ormal.com/ (be glad the wayback machine doesn't include the MIDI files)
Yeah... Yvette wins. That shit literally hurt my eyes.

welch

Post by welch »

LurkerPerson wrote:And what makes this newcomer any different? Seeing that little rant, it's just another ideological purity test. The Pharyngulites and PZ obviously failed in his/her eyes. What do you imagine he/she would think of any slymepit regular? We'd probably be defined as mysoginist/chillgirl rape apologists at the very best...so exactly like the fainting couch FTB'rs.
The larger point is that PZ et al are all about "BELIEVE THE VICTIM! BELIEVE THE SURVIVOR! LIVED EXPERIENCE!"

Well, one posted, and because they aren't kowtowing to the PZ party line, they get tossed in the Thames like the rest of the turds, and no one there even blinks.

I'm at the point where I really don't care about the specifics. They are so unrelentingly hypocritical that the specific thing almost doesn't matter anymore.