Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Ä uest

Re: Titwobble while strapped into an over-shoulder-boulder-h

Post by Ä uest »

AndrewV69 wrote:BTW guys?

I do not get the "titwobble" business when referring to McCreight. I think I understand it as some sort of reference to Boobquake but I also get the impression it is supposed to be derogatory in some way.

Anyway, I had a quick look to she if there was a video of her actually wobbling her tits around and did not see any.

In any event I am not under the impression that there is anything wrong with her tits. If anything they look firmy strapped down with an over-shoulder-boulder-holder rather than running free (pity that).

So I do not get it. Someone help out the blond aspie here?
I think titwobble is a direct reference to Boobquake. However, calling her throatwarbler would almost certainly be a slur.

rpguest

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by rpguest »

justinvacula wrote:Has JT added more or his post or have I missed...
I once admired Greta and Jen as paragons of reason, who argued in good faith and who nudged atheists of all flavors, so long as they were caring, toward the same cause, resolving their other differences along the way. I’m not certain if I was wrong then or if things have changed, but I don’t see it that way anymore, and I’m convinced I’m not the only one.

These people know that in a world where suffering takes place, so long as we’re compassionate and wish to push back, that drama is inevitable. It sucks, but it’s there. What we don’t need is additional, unnecessary drama, which is exactly what is created when we write posts in which we assign arguments to our opponents that they never made and treat them like they’re education or listening averse when they’re not convinced. We can disagree, but when we start treating each other as monsters for disagreeing, I think that’s drama that most atheists don’t want or need, and it’s time for it to stop. It’s not time to stop disagreeing, it’s not time to stop talking to one another about it, but it’s past time to start treating everybody who thinks a black speaker was out of line as a racist and everybody who thinks the Jen and Greta style feminists made a bad argument as friends to slymepitters who think misspelling somebody’s name in a derogatory fashion makes them clever.

Do I think it will stop? Sadly, no (I’d love to be surprised). But I do want people to know that there are not just two groups when it comes to atheists who worry about social issues, and that you are not a bad person, not a racist, not a woman-hater or any other sort of pariah for disagreeing with anybody in good faith.

I may not re-enter this subject again for some time, but it will no longer be because I worry about the loss of friends, the political penalties, or anything of that nature. It will be entirely because posts like Jen’s, where I must repeatedly sort out piles of mischaracterizations, straw men, and such have become the norm when dealing with that crowd. That is what makes me reticent to interact with them further, not our shared cause, compassion for the downtrodden, or anything else.
Still hating in the pit, but there is great progress here.
jt its strawPERSONS you sexist pig tool of the patriarchy!!!

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Ä uest wrote:
ianfc wrote:So Stephanie gets a lift with her boyfriend's father, father plies Steph with two rum and cokes and then annouces Steph must either pull him off or walk home. Steph choses the least arduous. Father gives Steph the KY then "slurpy slurpy" I guess. Probably wondering whats going on at this stage, Steph choses to go to sleep. Ergo rape.
To be strict about it, the post in which she discusses this is tagged rape, but apart from that she seems to refer to it only as sexual assault.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... s-part-ii/

This occurred in 1985. She wrote it up in 2009

she says

was 15
drank one or two rum and cokes willingly, or one rum and coke and then was drugged.
entered the cab of the truck
friend's fiance's father, the driver, pulled his cock out and told her to jerk him off
was too intoxicated to "counter threaten"
her friend, who was 18 and is described as sober and sitting next to her did nothing to rescue her
she passed out several times
"woke up" at friend's house but does not remember arriving
she still has her friend's contact information (as of 2009)

Now I might think that based on her stated levels of intoxication, and her description of passing out several times, that she might not be the most reliable witness.

And I might mumble something about Elizabeth Loftus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Loftus

Or wonder what her friend's experience was, and suggest that she contact her old friend and discuss what happened that night.

I might say I honestly don't know what happened, and I am sorry anything did happen, and I am glad Stephanie survived it.

But I won't do that as I know that would be hyperskeptical, and that the skeptical thing to do is to believe survivors.

I might say young women and men should be told of the dangers of drinking alcohol, especially when it is given to them by people they truly do not know and trust. But I believe that would be victim blaming, and come on, what teenager would pass up free rum and coke when given to them by their friend's fiance's daddy.

I might also wonder who else was drinking that night. Was she drinking alone? I would hesitate to suggest that if the friend's fiance's daddy was drinking and he was the driver, maybe she should have re-considered getting in the car with an adult she barely knows but who she knows has been drinking recently. I hesitate because I am told that is too much for 15 year olds to figure out, we're lucky that at age 15 3/4s they are visited by the magic fairy that makes them adult and wise enough to drive at age 16.

Anyway, her friend's fiance's father was an asshole and I hope Karma visited him in the form of a solo fatal car accident.
I wonder what I'll wear today, "In Which I Falsely Report a Rape" or "In Which I Falsely Report a Sexual Assualt".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hey Gumby, congratulations on your promotion!
gumbymallcop.jpg
(70.98 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

How do I get Rape into the title, I know "In Which I Falsely Report not Rape but Sexual Assault"

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Ä uest wrote:

I do not get the "titwobble" business when referring to McCreight. I think I understand it as some sort of reference to Boobquake but I also get the impression it is supposed to be derogatory in some way.

Anyway, I had a quick look to she if there was a video of her actually wobbling her tits around and did not see any.

In any event I am not under the impression that there is anything wrong with her tits. If anything they look firmy strapped down with an over-shoulder-boulder-holder rather than running free (pity that).

I think titwobble is a direct reference to Boobquake. However, calling her throatwarbler would almost certainly be a slur.
throatwarbler is likely a reference to monty python

[youtube]tyQvjKqXA0Y[/youtube]

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

When I first saw Steph's post on BW and reading the title I threw up in my mouth a little, quite a lot actually, I thought oh my god Stephs been Raped. Didn't even see the sexual assault bit.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Well of course it's a reference to Boobquake. That's her thing, that's her contribution, that's what she's done.

Not knocking her for that, I haven't done fuck all for atheism, so good on her.

But that is all she's got. That is her. Jenny Titwobble.

I invented it, and that's all there is to it. Now, will you make up your mind whether you're "an Aspie" or not, because it's becoming a tool you use, or deny you have, as fits the occasion.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Does anybody else get the feeling that McCreight is on the downward spiral to full on sexual hatred of men, and fast forward 20 years she will look and act like this? Im finding the resemblance slightly triggering.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 08899f.gif

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

It always perplexes me why some women turn to feminism as a way to deal with ageing. If feminism is a hammer to smash patriarchy, they dropped it on their foot.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Guess what! There is such a thing as false accusers! The louse ridden ex canuck confirms this yet again!

I never saw a court of law over this. Most claims of rape never do. I did see some repercussions though, psychologically — since then I have had a great deal of difficulty with being overly cautious even with enthusiastic partners, to their consternation when I move too slowly in bed for their tastes. As a result of the deeply in-grained fear that perhaps the rape allegation against me was predicated on my misreading signals, I have historically chosen to be as cautious as humanly possible in such matters. I know, intellectually, that I didn’t rape her, and I know, intellectually, why she made the accusations that she did, but the psychological damage is still there, and I’m still overly cautious decades later. This is something I need to work out between myself and my partners, though — and I’ve managed to some reasonable degree, given that my dance card is presently full. But she was not taken as seriously as she should have been, except for the small group that took her way too seriously without verifying.
Sounds like Jason might have some empathy with someone that has a rape allegation and been ganged up on!
Or maybe he is so clueless he doesn't see the irony in that statement.
Jason might lose his white knight status though if he keeps on stating that the women shouldn't always be believed and snivel about how a falsely accused person may be harmed. I hope the real feminists at FTB are keeping their eye on this PUA with a full dance card and multiple partners.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

Well of course it's a reference to Boobquake. That's her thing, that's her contribution, that's what she's done.

Not knocking her for that, I haven't done fuck all for atheism, so good on her.

But that is all she's got. That is her. Jenny Titwobble.

I invented it, and that's all there is to it. Now, will you make up your mind whether you're "an Aspie" or not, because it's becoming a tool you use, or deny you have, as fits the occasion.
Nope. Sorry. That dog will not hunt:

http://dannyfrom504.files.wordpress.com ... brody2.jpg

I may have mentioned this before. Sometimes I get it. A lot of times I do not. The best I can describe it is that most people will span a range of comprehension and as long as something falls within that range they will "get" it.

My range has big chunks missing from it, apparently at random intervals into which something either will get caught or disappear without a sound.

FlyingV

Post by FlyingV »

DownThunder wrote:It always perplexes me why some women turn to feminism as a way to deal with ageing. If feminism is a hammer to smash patriarchy, they dropped it on their foot.
Since I think there is some truth to this, I apologize to every cat lady I've made fun of. That's a less harmful way of dealing with being sad and lonely.

I actually don't understand the "feminist movement" in the skeptic community. They are two separate issues. Also while I acknowledge goals may exist, I haven't seen any clearly defined goals (that aren't moving goalposts) from the "feminists." WTF do these people want?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ianfc wrote:How do I get Rape into the title, I know "In Which I Falsely Report not Rape but Sexual Assault"
Re your signature: you and Priapus I guess. But I think you mean “too big ...”

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

FlyingV wrote:
DownThunder wrote:It always perplexes me why some women turn to feminism as a way to deal with ageing. If feminism is a hammer to smash patriarchy, they dropped it on their foot.
Since I think there is some truth to this, I apologize to every cat lady I've made fun of. That's a less harmful way of dealing with being sad and lonely.

I actually don't understand the "feminist movement" in the skeptic community. They are two separate issues. Also while I acknowledge goals may exist, I haven't seen any clearly defined goals (that aren't moving goalposts) from the "feminists." WTF do these people want?
Female privilege in all sectors of life. The "intersectional" crazies will blow all kinds of hot smoke, but when push comes to shove, they'll shed that "Big Tent" bullshit and focus on what they really care about; like-minded womyn born womyn.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

FlyingV wrote:

Kind of "uppity" aren't they? .... ;-)

But reminds me of a movie, title forgotten, where some guy asked some gal "what do women want?" And she, in a consiratorial fashion, leaned over and whispered to him, "We haven't a fucking clue". Maybe of some relevance to "feminists" who give some indication of "riding madly off in all directions".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

" ... conspiratorial fashion ..."

My kingdom for a functioning edit button ...

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

I think I got my saying's mixed up. Should be hot air or just smoke. :?

I'm not drunk, I swear!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:blah. blah. blah.
Needs more tusk.

http://i.imgur.com/abmCrfq.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

16bitheretic wrote:Amusing, because she portrays my post as though it's in a timeline of posts where I'm mocking some rape that happened to her a long time ago or something, when I was actually posting in a general conversational response to a story posted here by Abbie Smith. (BTW Stephanie, I didn't even know you had been raped until you tried to make it look like I was accusing you of faking a rape, makes alot of fucking sense, huh?)
Rape? I don't follow her, but I though she gave a hand job to some guy her father's age. Still not right, but still not rape.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

16bitheretic wrote:Oh hey would ya look at this shit?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... #more-5978

Stephanie Svan was kind enough to read the 'Pit and then quote me on her blog. Amusing, because she portrays my post as though it's in a timeline of posts where I'm mocking some rape that happened to her a long time ago or something, when I was actually posting in a general conversational response to a story posted here by Abbie Smith. (BTW Stephanie, I didn't even know you had been raped until you tried to make it look like I was accusing you of faking a rape, makes alot of fucking sense, huh?)

Apparently Svan thinks everything on this forum can be twisted into an attack on her, even if we're not talking about her. Quotemining FTMFW!
Since one has to spend no small amount of time and effort to follow the intricacies of the conversations here to do them justice, I think you’re misjudging where Zvan is coming from and the nature of the conversation here that led up to that post of hers. For instance, while Stephanie did give, as you suggest, some sort of a time-line, although (hint, hint) I think she should have used post numbers as well, the evidence suggests the ball was, more or less, started rolling by a comment from Rystefn; which I clarified with a quote of an earlier post of Stephanie’s; which, following a few peregrinations, led to an anecdote from Abbie; to which you responded as corroboration by referencing the trope of “victim-blaming”; which I in turn responded to with several general comments including references to your parents and hers; followed by etc., etc.

But the point is that your comments were part of general conversation on the question of drinking and rape, and that “we” had, in fact, actually been talking about her as a case in point. In any case, here’s a bit more of an accurate time line:
Rystefn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:33 pm • [Post 1665]:
Svan has said as much on many occasions. From the details she's put out there, though, it comes off as a case of teenagers getting drunk and fooling around ….

Matt Cavanaugh » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:44 am • [Post 1808]
Iirc, Zvan has related that she was raped as a teen by a boyfriend in her own bedroom.

Steersman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:39 pm • [Post 1912]
Unless there was more than one incident, it seems [Zvan] was assaulted in some group social setting:

ERV » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 pm • [Post 1928]
Hey, speaking of people confusing getting drunk/having sex with getting drugged/raeped -- Did I ever tell you all a guy tried to drug-->rape me in college?

16bitheretic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 pm • [Post 1940]
I remember having it symbolically drilled into my brain by my mom that you always watch if someone makes you a drink and you never leave your glass unattended. …. But of course, we all know she was totally pre-emptively victim-blaming me, amirite

Steersman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:46 pm • [Post 1948]
Those different perspectives on “victim-blaming” are indeed a puzzle …. Although in passing, I think you’ve indicated that you’re probably 20 years younger than Zvan ….
Not at all easy to follow the threads here, particularly when there are several conversations going on at the same time. But you might want to spend a bit more time checking the context before commenting – tends to cause no end of problems otherwise. Tends to turn things, at best, into a “comedy of errors” – people misinterpreting each other left, right and center – somewhat similar to Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Since we're on the subject of nicknames, I've always thought "paulzac" would be quite apt for PZ Myers.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Stephanie Svan was kind enough to read the 'Pit and then quote me on her blog. Amusing, because she portrays my post as though it's in a timeline of posts where I'm mocking some rape that happened to her a long time ago or something, when I was actually posting in a general conversational response to a story posted here by Abbie Smith. (BTW Stephanie, I didn't even know you had been raped until you tried to make it look like I was accusing you of faking a rape, makes alot of fucking sense, huh?)

Apparently Svan thinks everything on this forum can be twisted into an attack on her, even if we're not talking about her. Quotemining FTMFW!
Get this -- the bitch is now responding to your comment here at the Slymepit but over at her blog:
Stephanie Zvan
August 21, 2013 at 10:17 pm (UTC -5)
So that would make you, what, 16bitheretic? Abbie posted her story about accidentally not getting drugged as part of this discussion. Incidentally, her story received a very different reception. Go figure. Your comment is here because the reply to it (and the consequent replies to that) don’t make any sense without it. That’s all. Also, it doesn’t change its meaning by being taken out of context, which makes it quoting, not quotemining. Yawn.
Of course, she'd never let us engage her at her KZ Lager blog, but she's also too afraid to comment here, despite lurking 18 hours a day. And she thinks this counts as a "conversation." Surreal.

I take back my earlier assessment: the bitch is crazy.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Yeah, JT can't bring himself to admit THE PIT had it right from the very beginning.
We called out these fuckers for what they actually are two years ago, and slowly but surely, people are realising it was THE PIT that called it.
No they aren't. The pit is still some nefarious bogeyman used to keep them all in line. They would actually have to sit down and read here prior to coming to the conclusion that many of there own perspectives are similar to the ones held here. What JT has yet to grasp is that the smear tactics used on him are the same tactics used against this forum.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:Amusing, because she portrays my post as though it's in a timeline of posts where I'm mocking some rape that happened to her a long time ago or something, when I was actually posting in a general conversational response to a story posted here by Abbie Smith. (BTW Stephanie, I didn't even know you had been raped until you tried to make it look like I was accusing you of faking a rape, makes alot of fucking sense, huh?)
Rape? I don't follow her, but I though she gave a hand job to some guy her father's age. Still not right, but still not rape.
I don’t think she said it was rape, only assault. Wikipedia:
Sexual assault is any involuntary sexual act in which a person is threatened, coerced, or forced to engage against their will, or any sexual touching of a person who has not consented. This includes rape (such as forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration), groping, forced kissing, child sexual abuse, or the torture of the victim in a sexual manner.
Seems applicable.

FlyingV

Post by FlyingV »

Steersman wrote: Kind of "uppity" aren't they? .... ;-)

But reminds me of a movie, title forgotten, where some guy asked some gal "what do women want?" And she, in a consiratorial fashion, leaned over and whispered to him, "We haven't a fucking clue". Maybe of some relevance to "feminists" who give some indication of "riding madly off in all directions".
They have a direction, and that direction is ANGRY! SO SO SO ANGRY! Imagine what would happen if they found out that the US is a more fair place than their previous delusions told them. Sh*t's gonna get crazy then.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

VickyCaramel wrote:
ERV wrote:NO SLUT SHAMING! UNLESS ITS A DUDE THEN ALL THE SLUT SHAMING! Biiiiiiiiiiitch.
Poor Jen, always the bridesmaid, never the bride. It must hurt.
Well maybe if she started self amputating body parts JT would notice her.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

ianfc wrote:The new look slyme pit: global moderators galore. Hope this isn't the slippery slope to A+ism.
I want global moderator green too you fascist tits!

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Steersman wrote:
ianfc wrote:How do I get Rape into the title, I know "In Which I Falsely Report not Rape but Sexual Assault"
Re your signature: you and Priapus I guess. But I think you mean “too big ...”
Thank you Steersman you are right; quite extraordinary. I want to know what our lazy mods are doing, they should have spotted this.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

deLurch wrote:
ianfc wrote:The new look slyme pit: global moderators galore. Hope this isn't the slippery slope to A+ism.
I want global moderator green too you fascist tits!
And I want hot pink!

Darren

Post by Darren »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Guess what! There is such a thing as false accusers! The louse ridden ex canuck confirms this yet again!
... snip mansplainin' ...
I once heard we should always believe victims. Ergo, Thibedoo is a rapist.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Steersman, I don't know about this priapus shit. I was referring to my gut.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Stephanie Svan was kind enough to read the 'Pit and then quote me on her blog. <snip>

Get this -- the bitch is now responding to your comment here at the Slymepit but over at her blog:
Stephanie Zvan
So that would make you, what, 16bitheretic? Abbie posted her story about accidentally not getting drugged as part of this discussion. Incidentally, her story received a very different reception. Go figure. Your comment is here because the reply to it (and the consequent replies to that) don’t make any sense without it. That’s all. Also, it doesn’t change its meaning by being taken out of context, which makes it quoting, not quotemining. Yawn.
Of course, she'd never let us engage her at her KZ Lager blog, but she's also too afraid to comment here, despite lurking 18 hours a day. And she thinks this counts as a "conversation." Surreal.

I wouldn’t go as far as “crazy”, although “chicken-shit” might be applicable.

But I think she might have a point: Welch was, as I see it, raking Stephanie over the coals for not knowing that she was likely to get into deep shit for drinking with “strangers” – rather a stretch, considering it was, apparently from recollection, the father of a friend or of her “intended” – yet Welch didn’t, as far as I remember, apply the same standard to Abbie’s experience. While one might argue that Stephanie’s case was an actual sexual assault whereas Abbie’s was “only” a potential one, it still looks like some degree of bias, of “in-group morality, and out-group hostility”. Something that Damion, I think, argued was a common attribute of group-think.

katamari Damassi

ERV wrote:NO SLUT SHAMING! UNLESS ITS A DUDE THEN ALL THE SLUT SHAMING! Biiiiiiiiiiitch.
Dear FSM, please tell me this is not that "hardest thing she would ever have to post" that she alluded to a couple of days ago.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote:
Since one has to spend no small amount of time and effort to follow the intricacies of the conversations here to do them justice, I think you’re misjudging where Zvan is coming from and the nature of the conversation here that led up to that post of hers.
With all due respect Steers, (and I totally love you, dude,) fuck that shit.

16bit was responding to something Abbie wrote. I was making an observation on what appears to be bipolar symptoms in both Peezus and (sigh) my dear little Jen. I just threw in a little snark at Svan at the end because I know it turns her on. It had nothing to do with her sexual assault story.

Then Svan got all bitchy because I got the details of her teenage sexual assault wrong. (I'm sorry Steph, but I pay way less attention to what you write online than vice versa.) I was actually trying to legitimatize the severity of the incident in response to doubts about it. But, no; Steph had to go and be a bitch about it.

katamari Damassi

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:PhilG, the Pit loves you, and someone has said that you're still browsing.

So please leave a little message letting us know your physical, mental and feline status are fine, or at least somewhat under control. Or not. Doesn't need to be anything too exhaustive, a simple "fuck the pit, leave me alone" if things aren't going too well would let us know your requirements from us.

We've all got your back, bro.
I'm catching up on my reading (15 pages behind).

The cat never came back, and seeing the dangers in the neigborhood, it's unlikely she ever will. So two days ago we adopted a 9 months old momy and her two 6 weeks old kitties. Her name is Sarabi, the son is Simba and the daughter Nala. They are very shy but are getting used to the flat and ourselves. But at least we have a feline presence, which we dearly missed. I'm still totally heartbroken about Darwin, of course, and sometimes get into fits of crying.

After multiple blood tests, they've spotted a liver inflamation (Gamma GT at 1228 u/l, should be <73). So next week I have to go see a liver specialist to determine if there's any lesions or worse.

Gloomy, gloomy days.
You and your felines are in my thoughts Phil. Hoping for the best.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Stephanie Zvan

Like a fox?

Anyway it makes sense that she would answer over at her blog right? It is a safe space for her? Plus she knows that someone is reading her blog and responding over here right?

And the only "issue" is that someone else reading her blog may not know where to go to read the Slymepit right? So it is win/win/win for her all the way down cause she gets to control her narrative.

Not so cray-cray is it? Perhaps not exactly "brave" enough to beard the lion in xir den but sensible from her point of view. Right? Right??

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

[quote="Steersman]
snip
While one might argue that Stephanie’s case was an actual sexual assault whereas Abbie’s was “only” a potential one, it still looks like some degree of bias, of “in-group morality, and out-group hostility”. Something that Damion, I think, argued was a common attribute of group-think.[/quote]

We can depend on Steersman to be our moral compass and ethical guide in the darkest of storms. :D

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh and BTW Matt?

Erm ... I have never done this before and no offense meant but your current avatar is squiking me out. I am literally going "squeeeeee" here.

Have mercy? Pwease?

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Stephanie Zvan

Like a fox?

Anyway it makes sense that she would answer over at her blog right? It is a safe space for her? Plus she knows that someone is reading her blog and responding over here right?

And the only "issue" is that someone else reading her blog may not know where to go to read the Slymepit right? So it is win/win/win for her all the way down cause she gets to control her narrative.

Not so cray-cray is it? Perhaps not exactly "brave" enough to beard the lion in xir den but sensible from her point of view. Right? Right??
I don't think that's what happened. Looks like 16bitheretic posted two comments at FTB.

http://i.imgur.com/yTWOWDM.jpg

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

AndrewV69 wrote:Oh and BTW Matt?

Erm ... I have never done this before and no offense meant but your current avatar is squiking me out. I am literally going "squeeeeee" here.

Have mercy? Pwease?
Are you sure?

squick and squee are pretty fundamentally opposite.

http://i.imgur.com/psvZxZD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RoHpMxd.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ä uest wrote: I don't think that's what happened. Looks like 16bitheretic posted two comments at FTB.

Aha! Thanks. I would not have gone over there to look myself. Based on past experience her prose usually gets in the waay of whatever she is trying to say.

Not as bad as Oolon, but bad enough still the same. My eyes start to glaze over and by the 2nd paragraph I have bailed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Have mercy? Pwease?
C'mon, Jen is a fox! I love Jen, I do.

Tell you what: donate $10 to Justin's trip and I'll change it to someone else.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ä uest wrote:

Have mercy? Pwease?
Are you sure?

squick and squee are pretty fundamentally opposite.

http://i.imgur.com/psvZxZD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RoHpMxd.jpg
But which is apposite?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Steersman wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Sexual assault is any involuntary sexual act in which a person is threatened, coerced, or forced to engage against their will, or any sexual touching of a person who has not consented. This includes rape (such as forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration), groping, forced kissing, child sexual abuse, or the torture of the victim in a sexual manner.
Seems applicable.
Her most recent blog post says, "In which I falsely report a rape" ...

Did she change her mind? She says she got drunk by drinking two drinks (or one drink and was drugged, or she had poor composition), and she, her (female) friend (with the caveat, "who at eighteen was hoping she was pregnant"*) and her friend fiance's father was sitting on the slab of a pickup truck when the father unzipped and told her to give him a handjob.

Her older friend did nothing, apparently. Then she passed out. Several times. The blog post mentions "nightmare flashes" of streetlamp illumination and, I shit you not, "losing that pesky virginity" to the friend's fiance's father's younger son - because it was "part of the plan." (The blog post mentions how she'd planned to lose her virginity in the first few paragraphs, and something about her uncle [or someone else's uncle?] and her nephew [or someone else's nephew?] arguing about taking her virginity when she turned sixteen. Lovely.)

*and I have no idea what that means - seriously, her family sounds like the biggest bunch of rednecks ever. What the fuck.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK Ok ok. I get it.

Squick is correct.

Squee I never looked up and till now (blush) *assumed* it meant the sound someone would make if you stepped on a slug while barefoot and tried to scrape off the sole of you foot with a stick.

I was wrong.

Early Cuyler

Post by Early Cuyler »

Talk about a picture that's worth 1,000 words.

This says everything you need to know.

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:
deLurch wrote: Rape? I don't follow her, but I though she gave a hand job to some guy her father's age. Still not right, but still not rape.
Seems applicable.
Her most recent blog post says, "In which I falsely report a rape" ...

Did she change her mind?
No, she's accusing the pit of falsely accusing her of false reporting a rape.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Have mercy? Pwease?
C'mon, Jen is a fox! I love Jen, I do.

Tell you what: donate $10 to Justin's trip and I'll change it to someone else.
Ummm ... Tell you what. I am just going to shut up about it. Not saying nuffing 'bout nuffing.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Ä uest wrote:
I don't think that's what happened. Looks like 16bitheretic posted two comments at FTB.

Oh, that figures she wouldn't understand the concept of quote-mining. That explains so much.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Pitchguest wrote: Oh, that figures she wouldn't understand the concept of quote-mining. That explains so much.
Does mean that Szvan is a Pit Stalker? :think:

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Ä uest wrote: I don't think that's what happened. Looks like 16bitheretic posted two comments at FTB.

Nope, wasn't me. Dunno who Miss Noneya is. Probably a lurker at both sites.

Cold

Post by Cold »

Jennifer McCreight wrote:She's super pregnant so her party ends at 7pm...just bought tickets for your show for me and my boyfriend! :D
This thing has a boyfriend?

I think I might have found him:

http://i.imgur.com/aFv3S5J.jpg?1

Note the fedora, trademark of the feminist white-knight beta male. A fine specimen!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

1) I didn't know that 16bit went as "Miss Noneya" while abroad. My bad, so I re-retract my assessment of Svan's sanity. Bitch should stop quote-mining, though;

2) If Stephanie wants to talk about this shit, I will engage her directly & politely. Any format, any venue -- blog, BTR, in person -- so long as there is no moderation. I promise not to call her a bitch while doing so. (And, no, Michael Nugent is not invited along);

3) The incident Svan described classifies -- per the FBI -- as a sexual assault, not a rape. In any case, it was sick and wrong, and I'm truly sorry it happened to her. I also accept her account without reservation. Anyone who says a 15 year-old should have known better is flat-out wrong;

4) @ Steers: Welch may have discounted the story, I don't recall. (Hey Welch, love you, bro; sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't, but it's always a blast). Svan, however, painted as usual with her broad, inaccurate brush.

So, the invite stands, Steph. Let's sort this one out -- no name-calling, but also no holds barred. I await your reply.

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

16bitheretic wrote:

Nope, wasn't me. Dunno who Miss Noneya is. Probably a lurker at both sites.
Interesting. Sorry about making that mistake then.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Posts crossed. Miss Nonenya was simply trawling at the Pit and found 16bit's comment.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Posts crossed. Miss Nonenya was simply trawling at the Pit and found 16bit's comment.
Yeah, I don't comment at FTB, although I'm surprised Svan let MissNoneya's post through thinking it was me. Almost Diamonds is one of about 6 or 7 blogs where I'd assume to not be welcome at all.

Eh, whatever.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Ä uest wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Her most recent blog post says, "In which I falsely report a rape" ...

Did she change her mind?
No, she's accusing the pit of falsely accusing her of false reporting a rape.
I know. Awful lot of bullshit emanating from that place.

She's really trying to infer from those posts that people here are saying she falsely reported a rape, let alone a sexual assault. Bulllll-shit. Bullshit. :naughty:

Cold

Post by Cold »

In all seriousness though, how does this thing - or Stephanie Zvan, or any of the other landwhales at FTB - find someone to mate with? How little self esteem must you have to find them sexually attractive?

Does anyone else think that their extreme brand of feminism is a symptom of their being left out of the mating dance for too long? "I'm getting a little too old now to keep getting wasted at parties and hoping someone's beer goggles are thick enough to want to fuck me so I'll just resign myself to daily rants on my blog about how all men are sexist assholes". Almost as if their cries of victimhood are just a strange experiment in wish fulfillment. As if striking out against male sexuality will somehow make everyone stop and apologize for being so fucking stupid. How could we have not realized that they are REAL WOMEN who deserve to be desired, and they're not just some braindead club slut with a spray on tan and who weighs 90 pounds soaking wet that so many men go for nowadays!

If they're really that bitter about being passed up by that hottie they flick the bean to every night before getting drunk alone and crying themselves to sleep, maybe they should think about hitting the fucking gym. Because when it comes right down to it, I deeply deeply doubt that anyone finds Becca Watson, Jen McCreight, or Stephanie Zvan attractive enough to want to rape or sexually assault them, and if they do they should probably kill themselves and spare the world of a genetic dead end.

Just kidding, I'm sure they all have great personalities in real life.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Since one has to spend no small amount of time and effort to follow the intricacies of the conversations here to do them justice, I think you’re misjudging where Zvan is coming from and the nature of the conversation here that led up to that post of hers.
With all due respect Steers, (and I totally love you, dude,) fuck that shit.
Aw, gosh, geewilikers; thanks guy … :oops: :-)
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:16bit was responding to something Abbie wrote. I was making an observation on what appears to be bipolar symptoms in both Peezus and (sigh) my dear little Jen. I just threw in a little snark at Svan at the end because I know it turns her on. It had nothing to do with her sexual assault story.

Then Svan got all bitchy because I got the details of her teenage sexual assault wrong. …. I was actually trying to legitimatize the severity of the incident in response to doubts about it. But, no; Steph had to go and be a bitch about it.
I know. But your comments and that of 16bit were part of a larger discussion on drinking and rape – apparently of more than passing relevance to that rather egregious “J’accuse” post of Myers’ – made with far less justification and credibility. But it was that entire discussion which Stephanie was referring to in her “In Which I Falsely Report A Rape” post.

Although I think I could make a credible case, as others have suggested, that she also is very badly misjudging more than a few comments from this quarter. For instance – are you listening Stephanie? – I would dearly like to know what evidence she used to reach that conclusion, that it was any type of consensus opinion here that she had actually “falsely reported a rape”. While Rystefn suggested that that might have been the case, he also carefully noted “my knowledge of the incident is far from complete”. And I certainly didn’t argue that, and the most “voluminous” comments came from Welch but were more directed towards accepting responsibility, even if unreasonably so, rather than arguing any type of a “false rape” scenario.

Yet that one statement of Rystefn’s was apparently sufficient for her to tar the entire Pit, as suggested by her “according to the slime pit”; notably only "smhll" had the courage to observe that "The Slymepit is not a monolith". You might wish to review the article on categorical statements, Stephanie. Not some of us but all of us. Rather like Myers’ dickhead comment about everyone not toeing his “feminist” line of bullshit carrying the name of Marc Lepine – “P.Z. Myers, demagogue extraordinaire”.

But those cases are, I think, of a piece with a rather problematic position – which many of us here have, I think, quite credibly and justifiably thrown stones at – that is virtually identical to the “mythologizing” that Jason Thibeault argued – with some justification – that at least some on “our” side have engaged in relative to “their” side. Unfortunately Jason has his head well up his own ass, with his comment policy designed so that he never hears anyone willing to point that out to him – and to provide the evidence that supports that contention.

A comment policy that he shares with many others on FftB, as well as on AtheismPlus and Skepchick. This place does have its faults. But refusing to debate the issues with real facts, and turning forums into "Internet Silos" isn’t one of them.