Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Steersman »

Badger3k wrote: <snip>
As an aside, I did go back to the ATBC thread I brought up, and there was a warning by the mod about personal attacks, but the bit I read was basically just the same bs from when I gave up. I was going to state that, but realized that would serve no purpose. But if anyone wants to bash their head over whether PZ accused Shermer of rape or not, here's the link. Can't tell if Driver is just clueless or a troll, but commenting there seems to be as effective as commenting on FfTB. Don't know how anybody can do that. You got far more patience or drive than I have.
Interesting quote there of a tweet from Silverman:
David Silverman ?@MrAtheistPants 11h

I liked a @YouTube video from @mrdeity
Mr. Deity and the Hat
View media
One might wonder whether he watched the whole thing, particularly the last part about gossip. If so, or maybe in any case, the tweet isn’t likely to be doing his street-cred any good in FftB-land. Trouble in River City?

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Thunderf00t slams American Atheists, PZ and A+theism:
[youtube]LxNhYY6EvfQ[/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Badger3k wrote:
Linus wrote: <snip>

That's me he's quoting. Why did he title it "I get mail"? I didn't that to email him, I just left that as a comment.
<snip>

But, really, what a fucking egotist. He seems to be really trying to fit in with the extremists, but usually they take a while to fall apart so completely. Of course, to be honest, I can't remember when he signed up - that's how little attention you were paid, Avi, sorry but it's true. Get used to disappointment...and I'll end that there without the zinger I wanted to use (something to do with personal relationships, so I'll just hint it that way and not say it out loud, lest I be accused of letting major problems pass by being petty and childish). ....
:lol: You might want to note this from the Wikipedia article on ad hominems:
… in some instances, questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue, as when it directly involves hypocrisy, or actions contradicting the subject's words.
In some instances, not all of them.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:There's more plot holes in his story than in Prometheus.
Hey Hey Hey! A lot of words get tossed around here on the Slymepit, but some insults are far too low even for us.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ä uest wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Ä uest wrote: Yeah, he did it for charity.

Is it ad hominem to note that a guy dressing like this, on a 5 acre lawn may not be in touch with the average white male that he scolds when he complains average white males don't understand how easy their life is?
I think that may be a perfectly legitimate criticism, even though something tells me that he did not inherit but actually may have achieved whatever he has "on his own".
Oh, I certainly think he earned it, although "on his own" is subject to social justice warriors in the same way as Obama might say, "John Scalzi, 'you didn't build that'"

But my point is that his own personal experience that led him to write the white guys on the easiest setting is based on a very lucky life, of a very talented individual (and one who I've read owes a lot of his writing success to his wife having a steady job.) Most talented writers, most writers, most American males are neither as lucky or talented, and even the talented ones may not be as lucky.

So when he writes that as an average american white male, he knows that other average american white males have it easy, and can afford to sacrifice for feminism, it's worth pointing out he's not average, and was very lucky.

This is the bootstrap fallacy that liberals love to pin on Sarah Palin and Tea Partiers -- I pulled myself up by my bootstraps therefore everyone else should be able to do that too.

I have read the same thing. That he lost his job, couldn't get another one, started writing and spent the better part of a decade being supported by his wife. Yet he acts as if he was all pulling himself up by his bootstraps.

Personally, I ignore his work. It's derivative Heinlein and if I want to read Heinlein, I'll pull out one of my many 'per-senility' (1980 - 1987) Heinlein books.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

RE: Avicenna
I'm not sure I'm remembering this right and I'm too lazy to research it, plus i make a point of not giving FfTB blog hits, but wasn't this the guy who several months ago saw how Ophie and Greta were grifting their readers and started begging for a new laptop?

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

16bitheretic wrote:Thunderf00t slams American Atheists, PZ and A+theism:

So American Atheists won't allow people to offend religion at their convention? That's almost as funny as the National Rifle Association banning firearms at theirs.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Dett iss zum kotzen!
Was ist das? Das ist zum kotzen? Ja? Sprichst du auch Deutsch?
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Achtung jetzt. Wir könnten wie die Baddies aussehen.

[youtube]FsNLbK8_rBY[/youtube]

Have you looked at the forum name recently...?

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

After sex with Greta

Linus

Post by Linus »

I'm guessing that trying to engage with "SallyStrange" would be about as useful as bashing my head against a wall.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Pedopfeil.

http://i.imgur.com/ssM3oQO.jpg

:rimshot:

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

We could bet on how long before Sally calls you a social science denier

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mykeru wrote:Meanwhile...We have confirmation of another unsourced and anonymous accusation of rape.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhance ... 326-18.gif

This time, doggie-style.
I had a cat who used to "answer" the phone. She'd knock the receiver off the hook if you were tardy in picking it up.

She could also turn doorknobs to open doors. The maids called the police once because they thought an intruder had entered the house.

I helped her get her GED. She pointed; I circled the answers.

(I made up one of those.)

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Does anyone think knowledge of this whole "Avicenna" kerfuffle will prove useful at some future point in time? 'Cause I've skipped like 90% of the posts concerning the topic. To me it's even less interesting than the back-and-forths over overpopulation (and its derivatives), but enough of you seem enthralled by it, so I'm wondering if I'm missing some crucial, attention-grabbing detail... :think:

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Translate please?

All the German I know has come from speaking with those who do, and not from any sort of formal learning process so perhaps this is why I am unable to make sense of the above?
it's WAY too dangerous to translate. GIYF.

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

If anyone wants to make their own sensitive new age john, you can edit the text here:

http://i.imgur.com/PdTWRqv.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bovarchist wrote:One day after I post Avril Lavigne's new video here, Jerry Coyne writes about it on HuffPo. Says he "found it during desultory browsing of the Internet". Is it possible he reads the Pit? ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-a-c ... 32003.html
I do see daily UC IP hits in my logs over the last couple of weeks...

Southern

Post by Southern »

Early Cuyler wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: That reminds me how of histrionics or chronic mooches operate. Since they assume that other people helping them and giving them attention is the natural state of the world, they don't think anything of taking whatever you give them and mistreating or insulting you. And they're just shocked and enraged if you insult or mistreat them back. I honestly do have to wonder how many of the self-selected atheism+ and FTB population has severe psychological problems.
There was a thread over at A+ at one time in which most of the regular members admitted their diagnosed mental illnesses. That thread went down a memory hole IIRC. Perhaps there's a cached version of that thread floating around somewhere. It was pure comedy gold, most people there have social anxiety disorders, bi-polar, chronic depression and even a few schizophrenics. Not surprisingly, there's very few autisctics over there, they tend to get banned pretty fast, not being able to navigate all their unwritten rules.
Well, I would take their self-diagnose with a grain. Competing in the Opressed Olympics tends to make people go all "Woe is me!", which reminds me of this Ranma 1/2 episode:

[youtube]C7EY1zqzV74[/youtube]

Come to think of it... Rumiko Takahashi portraied the A+ people fairly accurately, if the A+ had any talent for comedic martial arts...

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Translate please?

All the German I know has come from speaking with those who do, and not from any sort of formal learning process so perhaps this is why I am unable to make sense of the above?
It's true. You'll die.

curriejean

Post by curriejean »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:Thunderf00t slams American Atheists, PZ and A+theism:
So American Atheists won't allow people to offend religion at their convention? That's almost as funny as the National Rifle Association banning firearms at theirs.
Since the policy says 'harassment,' not 'offense,' is it fair to equate the two? If a subjective interpretation of 'harassment' is used, then I guess so, but it would also make the policy impossible to enforce fairly (and it wouldn't surprise me if this is deliberate). 'Harassment' has an offical/legal ring to it which leads certain people to constantly use it to exaggerate the weight of their feelings and paranoias.

I wouldn't touch the AA convention with a space elevator.

Also, disappointed to see the SSA disabling ratings and sticking all comments in moderation. Not exactly conducive to free thought and expression. Keep freezing our peaches SSA. What could go wrong? The Internet isn't a government. YouTube isn't a court of law. The fundamental laws of free societies are just pesky rules -- it's not like they have valuable principles behind them.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Translate please?

Ahhhhh! Lusoma you bastard. The penny finally dropped. Fuck you and your little dog too (if you have one that is).

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

First of all *wave* Hi all!

Been looking for a place to discuss the Shermer/Myers thing and FTB generally. I'm kinda new to this whole debacle so sorry if I get some details wrong. (eg. I think FTB targeted Abbie Smith a while ago? But I have no idea what actually happened.)

Anyways, Decius, thanks for the article. (These are just random observations and not directed to you, and sorry if I'm just hashing really obvious stuff) The case is pretty much wholly distinguishable from the Shermer thing imo since the qualified privilege rule is only mentioned is only for the protection of victims. IIRC it doesn't extend to third parties making the accusation, and it also doesn't allow victims to make wide reaching claims either.

Defamation of course is triggered if you make a defamatory representation to any third party. So if victim A talks to their mother about abuse, that is enough for a defamation action. Obviously that's rather unconscionable so the law extends privilege to protect them. However, even that privilege does not allow, if I'm not mistaken, a victim to publish their allegations on a blog or in a newspaper. IT's really only for therapy and support networks. A court will not wrestle with concerns of "chilling effects" for this particular case imho. In any event, it was PZ who published so he'll get no help from this at all. What would be interesting is if this defense helped her if Shermer went after her (I'm assuming in all of this the situation where Shermer is wholly innocent, which, of course, is not confirmed.) I don't think it would. The purpose of this email to PZ was not for support networks etc, but rather with the intent that other women "be warned". So either way, privilege is out the window, but I can't find good authorities on the subject. >.<

What interests me is the whole malice thing, it seems to me like some of the FTB crowd regard a malice defense as a slam dunk for PZ Myers. Many of them are talking about how there "probably won't be a law suit" or "he probably won't win anyway". How they can make a claim this is beyond me, since it is based entirely on information they do not have available. In order to fail on the malice issue, PZ would have to be shown to be "reckless in regards to truth". Well since we have no idea what he did once he got the story, we can't say, or is there some info on this point? Random aside: Have they dropped Dallas' allegation from the narrative or are they still pushing that?

Just wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what's actually going on right now >.>

Southern

Post by Southern »

Badger3k wrote:
ianfc wrote:Mr Scalzi, a 10th Dan in literary judo, looking rather fetching in the latest fashion for feminist allies.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5530/9299 ... d149_z.jpg
He did it for charity. Not sure which one, but Ophie made a big deal out of it. Personally, I'm not sure what's the point? We have trans people and others wearing the clothes of the "opposite sex" (to use heteronormative language - i.e. English) all the time. Why this is a big deal I have no idea, except it would piss off people who think it's gay or something (assuming they believe that to be bad). It may still be odd, since I grew up in a time when that was something of a bigger thing (at least among the culture I grew up in), but there's nothing wrong with it. I just wonder if the people who do these stunts do have issues with it - usually there is the idea of doing something funny or humiliating (to some, perhaps the general public) for charities - yet most of the things I've seen are pretty tame (Matt Dillahunty wearing a dress or painting his hair - big deal). Just some thoughts on seeing that picture again. Scalzi does seem to be showing off his privilege by taking that picture on a front long bigger than most people's entire house and yard, so he does seem to be flaunting his money. But as someone pointed out upthread, we hear nothing about that by the people promoting this stunt.
Maybe because Dillahaunty did it some years ago, also for charity, and now they think's a tradition or something? I agree that there's no point. It's pretty "meh" at this point in time. A bearded man wearing a dress, how scandalous. He's subjecting himself to humiliation to prove how dedicated to the charity he is! ... except not.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:enn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
I nearly died laughing over that one!

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

JackRayner wrote:Does anyone think knowledge of this whole "Avicenna" kerfuffle will prove useful at some future point in time? 'Cause I've skipped like 90% of the posts concerning the topic. To me it's even less interesting than the back-and-forths over overpopulation (and its derivatives), but enough of you seem enthralled by it, so I'm wondering if I'm missing some crucial, attention-grabbing detail... :think:
I don't see it as useful or not useful, it's just self-defense paired with exposing a liar and as usual, there is some Lulz in there, too. Read Dick Strawkins recent few and excellent comments to get an idea.

What I got so far from Avicenna's confused writing:
  • Someone accused him privately of being a rapist (on a conference in the US when he is in some other country). Nobody knew about the accusation.
  • Richard Sanderson, who AFAIK created the #FTBullies hashtag on twitter and is some pain in the ass to them there (he also made a counter block bot) tweeted something Avicenna understood as repeating the accusation.
  • Avicenna concludes that the privately made accusation were "therefore" made by Richard Sanderson.
  • Avicenna believes Sanderson is a Slymepitter.
  • Avicenna makes his blog post about accusing the Slymepit.
  • Pitchguest foremost tried to clarify to no avail.
  • Regular Commentariat pours in, using their typical tactics, baiting and misconstruing, or bait and switch. Pair some serious issue with an accusation. If the target defends against the accusation, they claim they don't take the issue serious, thus guilty (it's a cousin of the kafkatrap). Even if you see it ten miles away, it still impresses the easy to amaze commentariat audience.
  • His Douchiness Tony Queershoop proves the point by claiming "incidentally, I am still waiting to hear these reasons for the bullying, lies, threats of rape/violence/doxxing, and harassment that the Pitizens have been engaging in for years". Like the others, Tony lives at the foothill in front of the intelligence bellcurve. He practically sits in a topic that is a lie, demonstrably (and it has been demonstrated) and still won't get it...
  • Avicenna gets evidence from others and from me that Sanderson isn't a slymepitter (even if he was, so what?) but refuses to correct it.
  • But cognitive dissonance builds up and wants to be released. Now he tries to justify his previous lie (he keeps) with a confused follow up post, where he connect the #FTBullies hashtag with the Slymepit ... somehow.
  • Oolon and the other imbeciles are present, and dig up tweets by franc and other things to make their point, which is just whargarbl at this point.
  • EdwardGemmer, another slymepitter, tries to reason with them, but either gets ignored or gets irrelevant responses.
In short, you can see the degenerated end-stadium of the Commentariat there. The next stadium will be indistinguishable from someone who rolled his head over the keyboard.

curriejean

Post by curriejean »

Huehuehue wrote:First of all *wave* Hi all!
Yo. And fuck off as per tradition. Your username tickles me.
Huehuehue wrote: What interests me is the whole malice thing, it seems to me like some of the FTB crowd regard a malice defense as a slam dunk for PZ Myers. Many of them are talking about how there "probably won't be a law suit" or "he probably won't win anyway". How they can make a claim this is beyond me, since it is based entirely on information they do not have available.
It's kinda faithy.
Huehuehue wrote:Just wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what's actually going on right now >.>
If only Thunderf00t had kept his head down for ... months and months and more excruciating months.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
bovarchist wrote:One day after I post Avril Lavigne's new video here, Jerry Coyne writes about it on HuffPo. Says he "found it during desultory browsing of the Internet". Is it possible he reads the Pit? ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-a-c ... 32003.html
I do see daily UC IP hits in my logs over the last couple of weeks...
How about two Do 335 posts in one hour? What are the odds of that?

decius

Post by decius »

Huehuehue wrote: Anyways, Decius, thanks for the article. (These are just random observations and not directed to you, and sorry if I'm just hashing really obvious stuff) The case is pretty much wholly distinguishable from the Shermer thing imo since the qualified privilege rule is only mentioned is only for the protection of victims. IIRC it doesn't extend to third parties making the accusation, and it also doesn't allow victims to make wide reaching claims either.

Defamation of course is triggered if you make a defamatory representation to any third party. So if victim A talks to their mother about abuse, that is enough for a defamation action. Obviously that's rather unconscionable so the law extends privilege to protect them. However, even that privilege does not allow, if I'm not mistaken, a victim to publish their allegations on a blog or in a newspaper. IT's really only for therapy and support networks. A court will not wrestle with concerns of "chilling effects" for this particular case imho. In any event, it was PZ who published so he'll get no help from this at all. What would be interesting is if this defense helped her if Shermer went after her (I'm assuming in all of this the situation where Shermer is wholly innocent, which, of course, is not confirmed.) I don't think it would. The purpose of this email to PZ was not for support networks etc, but rather with the intent that other women "be warned". So either way, privilege is out the window, but I can't find good authorities on the subject. >.<

What interests me is the whole malice thing, it seems to me like some of the FTB crowd regard a malice defense as a slam dunk for PZ Myers. Many of them are talking about how there "probably won't be a law suit" or "he probably won't win anyway". How they can make a claim this is beyond me, since it is based entirely on information they do not have available. In order to fail on the malice issue, PZ would have to be shown to be "reckless in regards to truth". Well since we have no idea what he did once he got the story, we can't say, or is there some info on this point? Random aside: Have they dropped Dallas' allegation from the narrative or are they still pushing that?

Just wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what's actually going on right now >.>
I agree with you about all that.

I found it more interesting that conspicuous damage was awarded to the uncle, even though the libel occurred in the relatively more private context of an email exchange among family members.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Translate please?

Ahhhhh! Lusoma you bastard. The penny finally dropped. Fuck you and your little dog too (if you have one that is).
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

decius wrote:
Huehuehue wrote: Anyways, Decius, thanks for the article. (These are just random observations and not directed to you, and sorry if I'm just hashing really obvious stuff) The case is pretty much wholly distinguishable from the Shermer thing imo since the qualified privilege rule is only mentioned is only for the protection of victims. IIRC it doesn't extend to third parties making the accusation, and it also doesn't allow victims to make wide reaching claims either.

I agree with you about all that.

I found it more interesting that conspicuous damage was awarded to the uncle, even though the libel occurred in the relatively more private context of an email exchange among family members.
True, it was weird the amount stated, I have very limited understanding of libel law outside of the UK which just got some big overhauls from the defamation Act 2013. I believe Canada essentially follow English libel law though. That said, the damage is strange. Reputation damage is hard to quantify in any effect, but with these kinds of accusations which are essentially defamation per se thereby assuming damage it's very difficult indeed. Do think it would be potentially worth appealing as the figure is *very* high.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So fuck a Pot Noodle. Tons of nasty connections coming in from BT Internet in Hants today. Lots of closely related IPs from Virgin Internet in the same area too.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Lsuoma wrote:So fuck a Pot Noodle. Tons of nasty connections coming in from BT Internet in Hants today. Lots of closely related IPs from Virgin Internet in the same area too.
Oolon?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:So fuck a Pot Noodle. Tons of nasty connections coming in from BT Internet in Hants today. Lots of closely related IPs from Virgin Internet in the same area too.
Oolon?
Well, I'm not seeing "Blockbot" or "ArseClown" in the packet headers, so maybe not...

Useless Lurker

Post by Useless Lurker »

"bovarchist "One day after I post Avril Lavigne's new video here, Jerry Coyne writes about it on HuffPo. Says he "found it during desultory browsing of the Internet". Is it possible he reads the Pit? "

Lsu "I do see daily UC IP hits in my logs over the last couple of weeks..."

I think he made reference to a deliberate tour de force a couple of days back. Has that term been used elsewhere?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Pitchguest wrote:

It's true. You'll die.
Aww fuck the both of ya. I figured it out eventually without the clues (not that they would have helped).

And now for something completely different.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Aneris wrote:
JackRayner wrote:Does anyone think knowledge of this whole "Avicenna" kerfuffle will prove useful at some future point in time? 'Cause I've skipped like 90% of the posts concerning the topic. To me it's even less interesting than the back-and-forths over overpopulation (and its derivatives), but enough of you seem enthralled by it, so I'm wondering if I'm missing some crucial, attention-grabbing detail... :think:
I don't see it as useful or not useful, it's just self-defense paired with exposing a liar and as usual, there is some Lulz in there, too. Read Dick Strawkins recent few and excellent comments to get an idea.

• Someone accused him privately of being a rapist (on a conference in the US when he is in some other country). Nobody knew about the accusation.
  • Richard Sanderson, who AFAIK created the #FTBullies hashtag on twitter and is some pain in the ass to them there (he also made a counter block bot) tweeted something Avicenna understood as repeating the accusation.
  • Avicenna concludes that the privately made accusation were "therefore" made by Richard Sanderson.
  • Regular Commentariat pours in, using their typical tactics, baiting and misconstruing, or bait and switch. Pair some serious issue with an accusation. If the target defends against the accusation, they claim they don't take the issue serious, thus guilty (it's a cousin of the kafkatrap). Even if you see it ten miles away, it still impresses the easy to amaze commentariat audience.
  • His Douchiness Tony Queershoop proves the point by claiming "incidentally, I am still waiting to hear these reasons for the bullying, lies, threats of rape/violence/doxxing, and harassment that the Pitizens have been engaging in for years". Like the others, Tony lives at the foothill in front of the intelligence bellcurve. He practically sits in a topic that is a lie, demonstrably (and it has been demonstrated) and still won't get it...
  • Avicenna gets evidence from others and from me that Sanderson isn't a slymepitter (even if he was, so what?) but refuses to correct it.
  • But cognitive dissonance builds up and wants to be released. Now he tries to justify his previous lie (he keeps) with a confused follow up post, where he connect the #FTBullies hashtag with the Slymepit ... somehow.
  • Oolon and the other imbeciles are present, and dig up tweets by franc and other things to make their point, which is just whargarbl at this point.
  • EdwardGemmer, another slymepitter, tries to reason with them, but either gets ignored or gets irrelevant responses.
In short, you can see the degenerated end-stadium of the Commentariat there. The next stadium will be indistinguishable from someone who rolled his head over the keyboard.
Thanks for the summary. [And I learned a new term: Kafkatrapping.]

franc

Post by franc »

Guest wrote:
franc wrote:[http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 2f9bc3.jpg

Who the fuck made this? It's had me giggling like a maniac for 10 hours now. It is a Cynic tour de force. Awesome. Diogenes would approve 110%
MASTER SOCK IS BACK
No, this is a master stroke. Kudos to Gumby -

http://greylining.com/2013/08/29/every- ... ment-11002
This kind of mutli-layered mockery is the spine of Cynicism. I still giggle like an idiot at it. It so perfectly captures the Prune – her narcissistic inflated opininion of her own intellect; her perpetual wallowing in victimhood; the bone dry humourlessness; the failure to navigate a real world that is beyond her comprehension…

Her brain is indeed harassing her – it is what concocts all her misery. If Ophie was a dog, you’d be cruel not to shoot it. This is a masterwork, whether intentional or not. Captures her precisely.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/R5EAMao.png
Hmmm. This is my block list (via: http://blockedby.me/)
I think I might check out this "bot". It could be a handy means of protecting your account from the malicious spam reporting by the block bot.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Useless Lurker wrote:"bovarchist "One day after I post Avril Lavigne's new video here, Jerry Coyne writes about it on HuffPo. Says he "found it during desultory browsing of the Internet". Is it possible he reads the Pit? "

Lsu "I do see daily UC IP hits in my logs over the last couple of weeks..."

I think he made reference to a deliberate tour de force a couple of days back. Has that term been used elsewhere?
Didn't someone called Richard CarrierBag use something like that?

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

JackRayner wrote:
Aneris wrote:

Wait. These are the steps as I understand them:

1: Avicenna creates a hypothetical on his blog about he himself being anonymously accused of rape.

-time passes-
-something obscure with email happens, which we don't know about until after the tweet below-

2: Oolon makes an abrupt comment on one of the FTBlogs about Avicenna being accused anonymously.
3: Sanderson tweets about the " 'false' accusation", and links to Oolon's comment.
4: Sanderson is associated with the 'pit, and both are blamed as the source of the false accusation.
5: ??
6: Profit. New levels of hypocrisy attained. The correction is never acknowledged by either Avicenna nor Oolon. False accusations = Bad, when directed at the FC(n). False accusations (even when proved to be, in fact, false) = Good, and allowed to stand as truth, when it fits with their narrative.

Do I have it right?
Strawkins?

Anyway, Jack, the hilarious bit is that the source of Sanderson's tweet, and it was linked right there in the tweet itself (!), was OOLON'S own comment. Not the 'pit! Yet Sanderson and the 'pit are blamed for the false accusation.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Linus wrote:I'm guessing that trying to engage with "SallyStrange" would be about as useful as bashing my head against a wall.
In all probability, I expect that that is a very good guess. My experiences with her are basically that when pressed to the wall - i.e., by presenting factual information - she tends to fold her tent rather quickly and steals off into the night, periodically leaving behind a faint echo of "bite me!" .... the gratitude I get for defending her against accusations that she had engaged in sockpuppetry in (supposedly) threatening herself with rape ... ;)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Hello Franc!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :o :shock: :idea: :lol: :mrgreen: :geek: :mrgreen: :liar: :think: :whistle: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :shifty: :? :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

franc wrote: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 2f9bc3.jpg

No, this is a master stroke. Kudos to Gumby -

http://greylining.com/2013/08/29/every- ... ment-11002
This kind of mutli-layered mockery is the spine of Cynicism. I still giggle like an idiot at it. It so perfectly captures the Prune – her narcissistic inflated opininion of her own intellect; her perpetual wallowing in victimhood; the bone dry humourlessness; the failure to navigate a real world that is beyond her comprehension…

Her brain is indeed harassing her – it is what concocts all her misery. If Ophie was a dog, you’d be cruel not to shoot it. This is a masterwork, whether intentional or not. Captures her precisely.
Gumby is a gem :D
That particular 'shop is incredibly astute. He used it as his avatar for quite a while, until the dreaded Ool0n interview and the terrible moment was captured, with that crazy, possessed eye wandering off on its own.

WB, btw. The real Franc is not quite the same as all the Franc socks.

franc

Post by franc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Hello Franc!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :o :shock: :idea: :lol: :mrgreen: :geek: :mrgreen: :liar: :think: :whistle: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :shifty: :? :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
I'm still peddling evil. Just so as you know. Gratuitous smileys will not sway me.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

decius wrote:Apologies if this article has been posted, already. I think it's somehow relevant, if tangential, to the impending Myers suit.

A Superior Court judge has ordered two Ancaster sisters to pay their uncle $125,000 in libel damages after they accused him of sexually assaulting them as children.
<snip>
http://metronews.ca/news/hamilton/77788 ... im-125000/
That’s in Canada of course. Of maybe limited relevance to a case that might be tried in California. Although there are presumably common principles buried in there somewhere which might suggest otherwise.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

zenbabe wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Aneris wrote:

Wait. These are the steps as I understand them:

1: Avicenna creates a hypothetical on his blog about he himself being anonymously accused of rape.

-time passes-
-something obscure with email happens, which we don't know about until after the tweet below-

2: Oolon makes an abrupt comment on one of the FTBlogs about Avicenna being accused anonymously.
3: Sanderson tweets about the " 'false' accusation", and links to Oolon's comment.
4: Sanderson is associated with the 'pit, and both are blamed as the source of the false accusation.
5: ??
6: Profit. New levels of hypocrisy attained. The correction is never acknowledged by either Avicenna nor Oolon. False accusations = Bad, when directed at the FC(n). False accusations (even when proved to be, in fact, false) = Good, and allowed to stand as truth, when it fits with their narrative.

Do I have it right?
Strawkins?

Anyway, Jack, the hilarious bit is that the source of Sanderson's tweet, and it was linked right there in the tweet itself (!), was OOLON'S own comment. Not the 'pit! Yet Sanderson and the 'pit are blamed for the false accusation.
Well, the slimy Colon is a member here, so maybe that is how they relate it? As far as I know, I don't think he was ever banned or booted, just ignored by most people. That makes him a Pitter, and therefore one of the Axis of Evil.

VAXherd

Post by VAXherd »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
VAXherd wrote:Sadly, I can imagine a doctor receiving nothing more than a private e-mail accusing him or her of impropriety, and freaking out. Even just as a computer guy, in that position I would take the e-mail straight to my boss and the appropriate office.
If an accusation from an anon source arrived in his work email you might have a point. But thats not what happened here. Avicenna claims the email made an accusation that was a repeat of the hypothetical false allegation he wrote about in his 8th of August post.
It seems to have been sent to his pseudonymous blogging email, rather than a work email.
There is no way that his employers would have known about the allegation. Indeed when he first mentioned the email there was no talk of showing it to his employers.
Why the change of heart at Sanderson's tweet?
So he went back to his email and found another TAM rape accusation that he'd forgotten to read? And this meant he'd need to cause two weeks of pointless security screening from an employer who had zero potential in hearing about the allegations unless he chose to bring it to their attention. Does anyone think the accusations mentioned his real name?
There's more plot holes in his story than in Prometheus.
The plot holes and general incoherence will probably prevent you and I from reaching any real agreement. A low information environment tends to block me from ruling things out.

One possibility I was thinking of is that the "second e-mail" may have been a PM notification automatically sent to his work address. That he only realized was there after Sanderson made the issue a public controversy. It would certainly explain why he went off like that.

If Avicenna were thinking clearly, and his slight bridges to the Pit hadn't been flamethrowered from both sides, he could simply tell us. Little chance of that.

franc

Post by franc »

Full disclosure. I'm elevatorgate. Enough of trying to doxx highschool kids.

http://i.imgur.com/EnIfNRX.png

PS - Zvan is a fat stupid cunt.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: So he went back to his email and found another TAM rape accusation that he'd forgotten to read? And this meant he'd need to cause two weeks of pointless security screening from an employer who had zero potential in hearing about the allegations unless he chose to bring it to their attention. Does anyone think the accusations mentioned his real name?
There's more plot holes in his story than in Prometheus.
He had better be making it up about reporting the allegation if you ask me. Because if he really did, at a minimum he has impacted his credibility with whoever was involved in the subsequent investigation and subsequently reads the report.

If there are any issues later on down the line in his career that raise questions about his competence, is there now an official report that documents his excitable nature and poor judgment? Is there now a recorded precedent where he has made a poor decision based on a dubious premise?

This has the potential for some negative outcomes both now and in the future.

I think at this point I would like to solicit some input from someone actually in the medical profession to address my suppositions. Skep tickle for example? Can you set me strait on this?
I can't speak for the ramifications for a medical student from the UK who impacts his credibility with administrators/etc during an extended tour of duty in India. I'll answer as if he were in the US.

I really doubt it would affect him in an existing job or training position, the important part being that it doesn't have anything to do with patients under his care, nor is it allegations of abuse against a child or vulnerable adult (meaning, an inherently vulnerable adult - elderly with disability or dementia, for example). The parts I put in color might make people who knew about it scratch their heads but, hey, that's what he does outside of work. Judgments about his professionalism (a hot topic & term now) would be based on observations of him in his work.

On the other hand, if he were to apply for a job or training position and needed letters of recommendation, those who'd worked with or supervised him and knew something unusual and not-reassuring had gone on might mention it as a note of caution. (And a physician convicted of an assault would be in major hot water & at risk of losing ability to practice, e.g. state's medical licensing agency & local hospital's credentialing group would be very concerned.)

But, on a slightly different note, I think I saw a quote from Avicenna's blog, somewhere in one of the early posts here during this epoch-of-Avicenna, of him saying that some people he works with follow his blog.

Seems like a boundary better not crossed, but maybe that wasn't apparent to him at first. But, if true, that might explain how it came up at work - a coworker reading his hypothetical allegations against himself & getting all worked up about it, without realizing they were hypothetical...?

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Badger3k wrote:
zenbabe wrote:
Well, the slimy Colon is a member here, so maybe that is how they relate it? As far as I know, I don't think he was ever banned or booted, just ignored by most people. That makes him a Pitter, and therefore one of the Axis of Evil.
lol oh man.
So in the most convoluted, fucked up, mind bending, truth twisting way.. Ool0n is right to say it came from the 'pit (aka himself).
Neat trick, no?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/R5EAMao.png
BTW some of the tweets had me giggling. If it is incomprehensible that a "harasser" might want to block you, I would have thought that it should be clear something might be amiss with your current paradigm.

Never mind, they might figure it out someday (although I doubt it). Anyway, so far I found a list:

http://i.imgur.com/WbEuuWK.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

franc wrote:Full disclosure. I'm elevatorgate. Enough of trying to doxx highschool kids.
Twist ending: franc is a high school kid.

franc

Post by franc »

deLurch wrote:
franc wrote:Full disclosure. I'm elevatorgate. Enough of trying to doxx highschool kids.
I am 12.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skep tickle wrote: But, on a slightly different note, I think I saw a quote from Avicenna's blog, somewhere in one of the early posts here during this epoch-of-Avicenna, of him saying that some people he works with follow his blog.

Seems like a boundary better not crossed, but maybe that wasn't apparent to him at first. But, if true, that might explain how it came up at work - a coworker reading his hypothetical allegations against himself & getting all worked up about it, without realizing they were hypothetical...?
Sounds like a very bad idea given his prose alone. I appreciate your perspective and many thanks indeed for giving it.

welch

Post by welch »

deLurch wrote:
Franc is a woman.

RUN OPHELIA, RUN!