Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Lsuoma »

James Caruthers wrote:TNG was pretty good overall. I mean, people shit on it because it looks cheap. And it does. The special effects are garbage for the time it came out. I mean, goddamn, Star Wars was twenty years earlier and its special effects hold up so much better. Something like Miami Vice is just filmed better (not to mention the superior music), and it's contemporary with TNG.

But TNG is still unique. It was a major television series targeted that was science fiction, and actually held to some of the ideas of old science fiction novels, where the main conflict was ideological, moral or political. And the main reason I love TNG is violence is hardly ever used on the best episodes. There are plenty of TNG episodes that suck ass, especially those cookie-cutter Troi love stories. But a truly good TNG episode manages to be exciting and dramatic without throwing a bunch of violence and action in our faces. I guess I love the ambition, it continues classic Trek ideas, and moves a little bit away from the hokey pulp SF stuff. No more miniskirts and soft lighting for the female characters, haha.
Shut the fuck up, Picard!

Verklagekasper

Re: AW: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Verklagekasper »

Gumby wrote:Ever notice how Troi, who was supposedly this super empath with super advanced analytical skills and psychological training, never offered advice you couldn't find in Dear Abby? :lol:
Come on, Troi could feel all those feelings of others. Isn't that useful? Well, no. She never had to say anything of importance. Blame it to poor scripting that she never figured out the plans of the enemy or something. That happening in a show relying on deux ex machinae like technobabble as the solution for everything added insult to injury.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Verklagekasper wrote:
Gumby wrote:Ever notice how Troi, who was supposedly this super empath with super advanced analytical skills and psychological training, never offered advice you couldn't find in Dear Abby? :lol:
Come on, Troi could feel all those feelings of others. Isn't that useful? Well, no. She never had to say anything of importance. Blame it to poor scripting that she never figured out the plans of the enemy or something. That happening in a show relying on deux ex machinae like technobabble as the solution for everything added insult to injury.
I sense a feeling of ridicule and superiority emanating from you.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

mikelf wrote:
BarnOwl wrote: I'm a woman and I've never been raped.

I've been stalked, but not raped.

ZOMG what's wrong with me I must be HIDEOUS!!!??11!!
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 38/de0.jpg

http://slacktory.com/wp-content/uploads ... space.jpeg

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:True story: I've never watched TNG. I've seen the 2009 JJ Abrams Trek reboot movie and I saw some of Voyager on Netflix. The Abrams movie was fun, but Voyager was shit. Really shit.
Voyager was fucking awful.
It made Baywatch look like a thought-provoking, serious drama.
The worst part is I wasn't watching it like "episode 1, episode 2" and trying to go through the whole show. When I saw there was like 700-800 eps I just decided to google what the absolute best eps were because people seem to really loooove their Star Trek. I didn't know Voyager was considered one of the worst, and the supposed best 5 episodes ever were really, really awful and boring. I should've quit after I saw the furry guy in the first ep I watched.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.
Face like Peter Beardsley eating a winnit.
Looks like someone's been chopping wood on her face.
Face like a bucket of smashed crabs.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Verklagekasper wrote:
Ex-fucking-actly. Troi was utterly shite. All she did was get possessed now and then and moan about Riker's season 2 beard tickling her vulva. No wonder feminists are so angry.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

You have to love how the Baboons go from serious accusations of rape and all sorts of scummy behaviour, to seemingly contrary statements about how the accusations are not particularly bad, and simply serve as a warning for women to avoid him.

http://i.imgur.com/OYKMFjS.jpg

Now, whatever spin Lousy Canuck puts on it - raping people who are unconscious is a VERY SERIOUS ALLEGATION. However...

Compare.

http://i.imgur.com/ujIrKBh.jpg

Shermer is now classed simply as some sort of randy uncle who the womenz need to give the brush-off, and allegations relegated from an unlawful act punishable by prison time, to some sort of "avoidance advice" for women at conferences. These people are fucking deluded - except of course when they get accused themselves, and suddenly they don't like the OPEN MARKET of making allegations freely.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

16bitheretic wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:True story: I've never watched TNG. I've seen the 2009 JJ Abrams Trek reboot movie and I saw some of Voyager on Netflix. The Abrams movie was fun, but Voyager was shit. Really shit.
The worst part is I wasn't watching it like "episode 1, episode 2" and trying to go through the whole show. When I saw there was like 700-800 eps I just decided to google what the absolute best eps were because people seem to really loooove their Star Trek. I didn't know Voyager was considered one of the worst, and the supposed best 5 episodes ever were really, really awful and boring. I should've quit after I saw the furry guy in the first ep I watched.
Neelix alone was enough to destroy the series. He made Jar-Jar Binks look like Sir John Gielgud.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Oh shit! Tuvok is here! Nobody mention I was slagging off Voyager........

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

I went and read Elyse's post and I was going to make some quite harsh comments about it until I realized how truly tragic her story is. No matter how horrifying a story gets told, some other member of their tribe will have to top it in order to maintain their status. In their language any experience less euphoric than that first deep lungful off a crack pipe is a violation of the worst sort and is therefore rape. They've twisted words into such post-modern gibberish that a plain and simple reading of the story can't be simply believed at face value. Worst of all, Elyse and her tribe have gone out of their way to be so vile for so long that it's impossible to feel any sort of empathy for them even if their stories are true.

And that is truly fucking tragic.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oi!

Stop dissing Voyager you fucking fecal-slinging Ferengi fanboys.

My nerve pinch is still deadly. Remember that!

Cupid Stunt

Post by Cupid Stunt »

What I couldn't get about Star Trek TNG and all the following series is why everyone wasn't in a holodeck around the clock fucking anyone and everyone they could think of.

If I had access to an actual holodeck I'd be a dried out husk inside a week.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Meh. I tried to watch through all the TNG episodes. I made it through a few series but overall I found it to be simplistic and full of problems. I didn't find Picard's expositions any more insightful then what could be read on some blogs. Now for the problems - yeah, everybody is living in a surveillance state, right down to the atoms in their bodies. Also, the transporters? Maybe this has been patched up by fans, but how can anybody die if someone can be stored as an energy signature?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: Face like Peter Beardsley eating a winnit.
Looks like someone's been chopping wood on her face.
Face like a bucket of smashed crabs.
Face like a clumsy welder's bench...

Git

Post by Git »

They (Dorn/Sirtis) are both still hot 25 years later. Love Sirtis' accent - its basically a female version of Ray Winstone.

Trigger Warning: Canada.

[youtube]syHGlqGV8Xo[/youtube]

LurkyLurkyLurker

Post by LurkyLurkyLurker »

If the holodeck was real, then men would only use it for one purpose. Someone would have to clean the semen out of it on a regular basis. Not a nice job - especially if the artificial gravity stopped working.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I also got what I regard as a pretty good heckle in at Marianne Faithfull sometime in the late '90s. It was her "Weimar Berlin" tour, or whatever, you know songs by Brecht and Weill, etc. It was a pretty small place in Camden, maybe 200-300 people, and she was trying to be gemutlich with the audience. Well, she made some sort of risque comment, and the crowd giggled a bit, and she said "That's why I love playing for London audiences - I love the snickers." Whereupon I (in my fairly drunken state) shouted out "Forget the Snickers, what about the fucking Mars Bar!"

Nearly got thrown out for that one...
Snickers? Fucking Marathon!

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

BarnOwl wrote:Rodney Dangerfield had a line about being such an ugly kid that he couldn't play in the sandbox, because the cat kept trying to bury him.
And Joan Rivers had a line about being so ugly, the doctor looked at the afterbirth and said 'Twins!'

Git

Post by Git »

Hold on, here's an interview of her at Manchester Caravan show. WTF?

[youtube]V2ty5csZhos[/youtube]

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

How many of these people who make the assumption that rape accusations are false (until PROVEN in a court of law….. blah blah), and are so frantic about it feel that way because they don’t want to think of themselves as rapists but there was that time they got a girl really drunk and then fucked her but that wasn’t rape because rape is bad and they aren’t bad.

To those of you who once took a drunken stupor for consent: you are a rapist. Feel bad about it? Good. You should. Are you going to do something about it other than feel bad? I have a suggestion. Help educate people so they no longer think that a drunken stupor means consent. Actively work amongst your friends and relations to make taking rape lightly socially unacceptable. Stand up for both women and men who make such accusations, do not assume they are lying (but keep in mind that very occasionally a rape accusation is false, so no assaulting the accused). You cannot undo what you did and Jesus can’t forgive you because he is either dead or never lived at all. You must carry your guilt. But you can try to work toward making what you did less and less common. That would be a worthwhile thing to do.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... rt-1-math/
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow, you've cracked the case, Holmes. The only reason people asked for evidence in the Shermer case was because they liked date-raping drunk women! :roll:

I think this is the stupidest thing I've seen on FTB today.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

BarnOwl wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: *cracks knuckles*

Given that only women can be raped we must accept that:-
100% of all rapes involve women. Add in the fact that:-
At least 90% of rapes go unreported/un-prosecuted and we have the startlingly terrifying figure of:-
190% of women have been raped.

You can't argue with facts.
I'm a woman and I've never been raped.

I've been stalked, but not raped.

ZOMG what's wrong with me I must be HIDEOUS!!!??11!!
Kind of a failure there, aren't you...

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

DownThunder wrote:Meh. I tried to watch through all the TNG episodes. I made it through a few series but overall I found it to be simplistic and full of problems. I didn't find Picard's expositions any more insightful then what could be read on some blogs. Now for the problems - yeah, everybody is living in a surveillance state, right down to the atoms in their bodies. Also, the transporters? Maybe this has been patched up by fans, but how can anybody die if someone can be stored as an energy signature?
Picard and the writers could say in 20 seconds to a minute of monologue or two minutes of dialogue what Richard Carrier and so many SJW bloggers like him could say in 20,000 words. And they only know to say it, because they grew up watching Picard in the first place.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Cupid Stunt wrote:What I couldn't get about Star Trek TNG and all the following series is why everyone wasn't in a holodeck around the clock fucking anyone and everyone they could think of.

That's the same thing I didn't get about The Matrix. They've got this Construct program that can let them simulate anything they want, so why doesn't Cipher just eat his fucking gruel, and then pop into the Construct for all the steak he wants? Is it really worth selling out all of humanity?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cupid Stunt wrote:What I couldn't get about Star Trek TNG and all the following series is why everyone wasn't in a holodeck around the clock fucking anyone and everyone they could think of.

Good. Fucking. Point.

Who needs ambition when the holodeck will create your wildest dreams?
How come not a single episode revolved around Ryker giving a CGI Troi an Alaskan Pipeline?
Or Picard felching the ass of a holographic Wesley?
Or Worf having a shame-wank whilst some Imaginary Romulans pissed on his Bat'Leth?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Tribble wrote: Yeah, I had some problems with cast. Also didn't like Deanna Troi, the '1 year' doctor, Dr. Pulaski and Tasha Yar. In fact, I'm guessing I didn't much care for over half the main charters and quite a few of the supporting cast.

Strangely, while I couldn't stand over half the main cast, I really liked the show... Especially the "Q" episodes.
I absolutely hated Deanna Troi. People actually thought she was hot? I hated the doctor as well, along with wesley. Loved Q too!
I loved Doc. Crusher! She was sexy as fuck. The hottest of all the intergalactic MILF's.
Deanna was an annoying retard and the bodysuit thingy she wore every day made it look like she was wearing a massive nappy/sanitary towel.
Does anybody remember in the first series where the men in the background wore short skirts now and then. That was quietly dropped for some reason...
I remember that. They also dropped the clipped English like 'saucer sep' for saucer separation and so on. And fixed the uniforms which were kind of 'meh' in season one.

James Caruthers

DownThunder wrote:Meh. I tried to watch through all the TNG episodes. I made it through a few series but overall I found it to be simplistic and full of problems. I didn't find Picard's expositions any more insightful then what could be read on some blogs. Now for the problems - yeah, everybody is living in a surveillance state, right down to the atoms in their bodies. Also, the transporters? Maybe this has been patched up by fans, but how can anybody die if someone can be stored as an energy signature?
That last point was the plot of an entire episode. Pretty decent one, too.

Basically a character gets cloned via a transporter and discovers his clone years later. They've become essentially different people.

There's another one about a minor character from the original ST using the transporter to keep himself alive after the life support fails, by keeping his signal in the transporter.

I only use a Picard profile pic because Picard has the best smug asshole face.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Git wrote:Hold on, here's an interview of her at Manchester Caravan show. WTF?

[youtube]V2ty5csZhos[/youtube]
That was mental. The fact she didn't sound East-European was head-fuck enough but then she was giving an interview in a caravan and...yeah.....Weird.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Git wrote:They (Dorn/Sirtis) are both still hot 25 years later. Love Sirtis' accent - its basically a female version of Ray Winstone.

OH FUCK CAROLINE RHEA AVERT YOUR EYES

(also fuck Shaw into the ground).

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote: Face like a clumsy welder's bench...
Face like a second-hand dartboard...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
I didn't make it half of the first season with Voyager.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I had to fucking mention it didn't I? Fucking Star Trek!

Anyway, here's Taysiders In Space. Set phasers tae malky.

[youtube]KoBk8bxU1rs[/youtube]

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

I liked TNG pretty much until Braga and Berman got their hands on it. Braga destroys everything he touches.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Face that people emigrate to avoid.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Oi!

Stop dissing Voyager you fucking fecal-slinging Ferengi fanboys.

My nerve pinch is still deadly. Remember that!

Says the man who picked one of the two characters in the whole series that was worth a shit. The other being a hologram.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Git wrote:They (Dorn/Sirtis) are both still hot 25 years later. Love Sirtis' accent - its basically a female version of Ray Winstone.

Micahel Dorn was black!!??
Holy fuck! How is this possible? Worf wasn't cool at all....

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I also got what I regard as a pretty good heckle in at Marianne Faithfull sometime in the late '90s. It was her "Weimar Berlin" tour, or whatever, you know songs by Brecht and Weill, etc. It was a pretty small place in Camden, maybe 200-300 people, and she was trying to be gemutlich with the audience. Well, she made some sort of risque comment, and the crowd giggled a bit, and she said "That's why I love playing for London audiences - I love the snickers." Whereupon I (in my fairly drunken state) shouted out "Forget the Snickers, what about the fucking Mars Bar!"

Nearly got thrown out for that one...
Snickers? Fucking Marathon!
I bet you still ask for Opal Fruits too.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

James Caruthers wrote:
How many of these people who make the assumption that rape accusations are false (until PROVEN in a court of law….. blah blah), and are so frantic about it feel that way because they don’t want to think of themselves as rapists but there was that time they got a girl really drunk and then fucked her but that wasn’t rape because rape is bad and they aren’t bad.

To those of you who once took a drunken stupor for consent: you are a rapist. Feel bad about it? Good. You should. Are you going to do something about it other than feel bad? I have a suggestion. Help educate people so they no longer think that a drunken stupor means consent. Actively work amongst your friends and relations to make taking rape lightly socially unacceptable. Stand up for both women and men who make such accusations, do not assume they are lying (but keep in mind that very occasionally a rape accusation is false, so no assaulting the accused). You cannot undo what you did and Jesus can’t forgive you because he is either dead or never lived at all. You must carry your guilt. But you can try to work toward making what you did less and less common. That would be a worthwhile thing to do.
Wow, you've cracked the case, Holmes. The only reason people asked for evidence in the Shermer case was because they liked date-raping drunk women! :roll:

These people are as self-righteous, holier-than-thou and judgmental as any finger-pointing Christian fundamentalist.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

I used to love Team cereal but I think they stopped making it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

James Caruthers wrote:

Stick around, I'm sure they'll top it.
Stupid FTB moments.....Off the top of my head I'd say the most mental was the time when a FTB blogger said people with HIV shouldn't have to tell their sexual partners about their deadly condition in case they experience "bigotry" when the partner refuses to have sex with them after disclosure. The word privilege was used a lot in that article as in, non-HIV privilege.

Verklagekasper

Post by Verklagekasper »

Lsuoma wrote: I sense a feeling of ridicule and superiority emanating from you.
I've got a bad feeling about this. Yeah I know, different franchise :-P

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

LurkyLurkyLurker wrote:If the holodeck was real, then men would only use it for one purpose. Someone would have to clean the semen out of it on a regular basis. Not a nice job - especially if the artificial gravity stopped working.
Nah that's what teleporters are for. Would make finding Federation ships easy though just follow the trail. Maybe that's why they didn't have cloaking devices pretty pointless.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Face like a bag of elbows.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

And people with HIV were to be called "Poz" and non HIV people were to be called "Negs" because using the term "infected" as in "infected with HIV" was bigoted.
100% true.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
BOBFOC.
Body Off Baywatch. Face Off Crimewatch.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Like somebody set fire to your face and put it out with a shovel.

Or as Doug Stanhope said in one of his chatroom baiting sessions while posing as a 13 year old girl to talk to "older gentlemen". One asked him what he looked like and he said " I look like Cher if she'd had lost a bullfight."

James Caruthers

Gumby wrote: These people are as self-righteous, holier-than-thou and judgmental as any finger-pointing Christian fundamentalist.
They remind me more of bullies who think they're victims.
[youtube]k_oHnlv56aU[/youtube]
^The "stop bullying" guy from this episode who goes around bullying people is a perfect example of the mentality I'm talking about,

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Tribble wrote:Ok. The wife's surgery is done. She's at home. A relatively small lumpectomy and the lymph nodes have, first screening, come out ok. We'll get the full pathology report in a week to find out if they need to go back in, but so far, so good.
Glad the surgery went well, Tribble, & the initial read on the lymph nodes is negative! Do you know yet whether she's likely to be advised to have radiation therapy?
Steersman, in response to Tribble, wrote:Well, glad to hear that. The "Big C" - or even the prospect of it - tends at least to cause a serious re-evaluation of some stark realities. My sister recently dodged the same bullet, but my sister-in-law's melanoma has metastasized and the prognosis isn't all that great.
Wow, Steers, so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law having metastatic melanoma. That really bites.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

I gave up with TNG when they started doing the Bajoran (or whatever that alien race was the went into DS9). Garbage. Main reason I skipped DS9. Saw a few Voyager, then got bored. Never watched Enterprise either. The first movie was ok, but Spock sucked ass, and they fucked up McCoy's nickname-origin, although the actor did a good job. Scotty and his pal were good, but I just can't get over the way-too-overemotional Spock. They really fucked him over in this iteration. Haven't seen the newest movie (actually, I haven't seen any Star Trek movie since the Kirk-Picard crossover - I have them all, just never get around to watching them).

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

curriejean wrote:$1000 to the Shermer legal fund overnight, after it had dropped to a donation or two per day. Tf00t's latest may not have been totally argumentatively sound (he didn't explain why he used his chosen definition of harassment, could be considered equivocation), it's still helping get a job done.

Wow! 60 more donors in the past day (total now 114 donors). Drive is >70% funded. That's great.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Skep tickle wrote:
Tribble wrote:Ok. The wife's surgery is done. She's at home. A relatively small lumpectomy and the lymph nodes have, first screening, come out ok. We'll get the full pathology report in a week to find out if they need to go back in, but so far, so good.
Glad the surgery went well, Tribble, & the initial read on the lymph nodes is negative! Do you know yet whether she's likely to be advised to have radiation therapy?
Steersman, in response to Tribble, wrote:Well, glad to hear that. The "Big C" - or even the prospect of it - tends at least to cause a serious re-evaluation of some stark realities. My sister recently dodged the same bullet, but my sister-in-law's melanoma has metastasized and the prognosis isn't all that great.
Wow, Steers, so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law having metastatic melanoma. That really bites.
Thank you (everyone actually), she's taking the lumpectomy + radiation path so she didn't have to get a mastectomy.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tony Parsehole wrote:And people with HIV were to be called "Poz" and non HIV people were to be called "Negs" because using the term "infected" as in "infected with HIV" was bigoted.
100% true.
And all the "xe" "sir" "zee" "zer" "zir" etc BS.
The misuse or redefinition of triggers, patriarchy, troll, harassment, rape, MRA

Do "Chill Girl", "Gender Traitor", "Sister Punisher" count?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 282#p91426

Wanted to hold up a mirror to this part of ischemgeek's reply in the "Will racism stop when whites become a minority?" thread at a+ forum:
... In fact, forced homogeneity breeds intolerance - look at subcultures that are very big on the conform or else messaging (like, say, evangelicals). They're not exactly a happy-go-lucky Saturday morning kids' special-esque paragons of tolerance. To put it mildly.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

I'm envisioning a Photoshop remake of Judas Priest's classic album "Sad Wings of Destiny" to "Sad Wings of Privilege"...

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Skep tickle wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 282#p91426

Wanted to hold up a mirror to this part of ischemgeek's reply in the "Will racism stop when whites become a minority?" thread at a+ forum:
... In fact, forced homogeneity breeds intolerance - look at subcultures that are very big on the conform or else messaging (like, say, evangelicals). They're not exactly a happy-go-lucky Saturday morning kids' special-esque paragons of tolerance. To put it mildly.
Hahaha. Bloody fucking hell, that's great. It's like watching Kate Moss chastise somebody for being too thin.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Skep tickle wrote: <snip>
Thanks Skep.

You might be interested to know, and I’d be interested to know what you thought of, that she’s just finished taking a set of Yervoy shots. According to my brother they’re generally only used as a last resort, and that the set costs about $100,000. Not sure how that’s gone, although there seems some evidence that they might be working. But even there the article suggests the “median survival” improvement is hardly spectacular.

But reading through that article I was blown away, as I frequently am in reading similar ones, about how far the science has developed, and how intricate the processes are.

A big hand for the medical-biological-biochemical professions.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gumby wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 282#p91426

Hahaha. Bloody fucking hell, that's great. It's like watching Kate Moss chastise somebody for being too thin.
Quite.
Did he write that with a straight face?

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

All These Rape Flavors...
Caine, SJW's rape educator, gets a little befuddled regarding consent. After providing numerous links to feminist and FtB sites to educate us dumb cunts on the SJW Theory of Rape and Crystal Clear Consent, Naughty boy Azkyroth suggests he may have been raped by fraud, the perp lied about using birth control, and cops a Dear Muslima moment from Caine
Caine, Fleur du mal
29 August 2013 at 5:51 pm (UTC -5)
Azkyroth:

I’ve been raped by fraud

Please, don’t use phrases like that. Fraud doesn’t rape people, and that sort of usage belittles the actual experience of rape.

I would not have consented to having sex with the person in question had I not been deliberately lied to about whether she was taking her birth control. In principle, I don’t see why this is less “rape”

You answered yourself. It wasn’t rape because you did consent. I know your experience has been an absolutely horrible one, and has left you scarred and with a shitload of issues to deal with. That doesn’t make it rape. We have a difficult enough time getting the concept of rape across as it stands. People wanting to apply rape to other types of crime does not help.
But all is well
Caine, Fleur du mal
29 August 2013 at 6:01 pm (UTC -5)

CaitieCat and Azkyroth:

In the same sense that knowingly infecting someone with an STD without their consent is not informed consent, being deliberately deceived about fertility (for me) should be considered a not-informed consent.

It’s definitely not informed consent! Azkyroth, I apologize. I’m in bad form today. I’m going to go offline today, go cry in my beer or something.
In my neck of the woods consent obtained by fraud is not consent CRMINAL CODE - SECT 348

windy

Post by windy »

Sulaco wrote:
LurkyLurkyLurker wrote:If the holodeck was real, then men would only use it for one purpose. Someone would have to clean the semen out of it on a regular basis. Not a nice job - especially if the artificial gravity stopped working.
Nah that's what teleporters are for. Would make finding Federation ships easy though just follow the trail. Maybe that's why they didn't have cloaking devices pretty pointless.
Apparently there's barrels of the stuff lying around the ship:

http://www.tor.com/images/stories/blogs ... suits8.jpg

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

CommanderTuvok wrote:You have to love how the Baboons go from serious accusations of rape and all sorts of scummy behaviour, to seemingly contrary statements about how the accusations are not particularly bad, and simply serve as a warning for women to avoid him.

http://i.imgur.com/OYKMFjS.jpg

Now, whatever spin Lousy Canuck puts on it - raping people who are unconscious is a VERY SERIOUS ALLEGATION. However...

Compare.

http://i.imgur.com/ujIrKBh.jpg

Shermer is now classed simply as some sort of randy uncle who the womenz need to give the brush-off, and allegations relegated from an unlawful act punishable by prison time, to some sort of "avoidance advice" for women at conferences. These people are fucking deluded - except of course when they get accused themselves, and suddenly they don't like the OPEN MARKET of making allegations freely.
A year from now it will be that Shermer uses bad pick-up lines. Too bad everyone remembers the original blog and there are dozens of comments actually calling him a rapist. Can't escape the lawsuit, PZ.