Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Face like a second-hand dartboard...
Face like a saint. A Saint fucking Bernard.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ianfc wrote:All These Rape Flavors...
Caine, SJW's rape educator, gets a little befuddled regarding consent. After providing numerous links to feminist and FtB sites to educate us dumb cunts on the SJW Theory of Rape and Crystal Clear Consent, Naughty boy Azkyroth suggests he may have been raped by fraud, the perp lied about using birth control, and cops a Dear Muslima moment from Caine
Caine, Fleur du mal
29 August 2013 at 5:51 pm (UTC -5)
Azkyroth:

I’ve been raped by fraud

Please, don’t use phrases like that. Fraud doesn’t rape people, and that sort of usage belittles the actual experience of rape.

I would not have consented to having sex with the person in question had I not been deliberately lied to about whether she was taking her birth control. In principle, I don’t see why this is less “rape”

You answered yourself. It wasn’t rape because you did consent. I know your experience has been an absolutely horrible one, and has left you scarred and with a shitload of issues to deal with. That doesn’t make it rape. We have a difficult enough time getting the concept of rape across as it stands. People wanting to apply rape to other types of crime does not help.
But all is well
Caine, Fleur du mal
29 August 2013 at 6:01 pm (UTC -5)

CaitieCat and Azkyroth:

In the same sense that knowingly infecting someone with an STD without their consent is not informed consent, being deliberately deceived about fertility (for me) should be considered a not-informed consent.

It’s definitely not informed consent! Azkyroth, I apologize. I’m in bad form today. I’m going to go offline today, go cry in my beer or something.
In my neck of the woods consent obtained by fraud is not consent CRMINAL CODE - SECT 348
Exactly. Rape by Fraud and Rape by Decption are rape. There was a pretty 'infamaous' case of it in Nashville maybe 6-to-10 (or so) ago.

Ah, and Google is your friend:
Three Accuse 'Fantasy Man' Lover of Rape : Nashville: Suspect's ploy involved sexy phone calls in which he persuaded women to don blindfolds and unlock their doors. They say they erroneously thought he was their boyfriend; he says the sex was consensual.
http://articles.latimes.com/1995-02-19/ ... antasy-man

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

Caine, SJW's rape educator, gets a little befuddled regarding consent. After providing numerous links to feminist and FtB sites to educate us dumb cunts on the SJW Theory of Rape and Crystal Clear Consent, Naughty boy Azkyroth suggests he may have been raped by fraud, the perp lied about using birth control, and cops a Dear Muslima moment from Caine
Caine, Fleur du mal
Azkyroth:

I’ve been raped by fraud

Please, don’t use phrases like that. Fraud doesn’t rape people, and that sort of usage belittles the actual experience of rape.

I would not have consented to having sex with the person in question had I not been deliberately lied to about whether she was taking her birth control. In principle, I don’t see why this is less “rape”

You answered yourself. It wasn’t rape because you did consent. I know your experience has been an absolutely horrible one, and has left you scarred and with a shitload of issues to deal with. That doesn’t make it rape. We have a difficult enough time getting the concept of rape across as it stands. People wanting to apply rape to other types of crime does not help.
But all is well
Caine, Fleur du mal

CaitieCat and Azkyroth:

In the same sense that knowingly infecting someone with an STD without their consent is not informed consent, being deliberately deceived about fertility (for me) should be considered a not-informed consent.

It’s definitely not informed consent! Azkyroth, I apologize. I’m in bad form today. I’m going to go offline today, go cry in my beer or something.
In my neck of the woods consent obtained by fraud is not consent CRMINAL CODE - SECT 348
In the US and elsewhere, there is in general no such thing as rape by fraud.

Here is a discussion of rape by fraud in the US and Israel:

http://www.volokh.com/2010/07/21/an-int ... om-israel/

And from the fembots, and actually reasonable post:

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2 ... deception/

Tempered by some Wendy Murphy radfem: http://www.salon.com/2007/05/11/rape_27/

dogen

Post by dogen »

bovarchist wrote:
Cupid Stunt wrote:What I couldn't get about Star Trek TNG and all the following series is why everyone wasn't in a holodeck around the clock fucking anyone and everyone they could think of.

If I had access to an actual holodeck I'd be a dried out husk inside a week.
That's the same thing I didn't get about The Matrix. They've got this Construct program that can let them simulate anything they want, so why doesn't Cipher just eat his fucking gruel, and then pop into the Construct for all the steak he wants? Is it really worth selling out all of humanity?
Because patriarchy.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

No, you all don't understand. Rape by Fraud can't be rape. Because...Azkyroth is a man! Now if Azkyroth had lied to his girlfriend about wearing a condom and gotten her pregnant, then it would be rape.

In the same way that women can't consent to sex while drunk but men can consent to be rapists while they are drunk.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: Face like a second-hand dartboard...
Face like a saint. A Saint fucking Bernard.
Face like an alleged rapist.

http://i.imgur.com/XFrMPYb.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

http://www.themousehole.org/tealdeer.jpg

I'm trying to respond to the claims made about me on FtB, but I can't seem to post. Either I get sent to a login screen where I'm trying to use my Google account (doesn't work) or it gets stuck in perpetual purgatory.

Anyway. Avi is really going off the deep end, or he's pretending to be. He's really fucking lost it. He refuses to retract his post about Rich and the Slymepit despite his latest comment admitting that Rich "may not have been who pulled the trigger." He continues to slam the Slymepit, using all kinds of rhetoric to paint it in the worst possible light, and he mines it for all its worth.

Look at this comment here:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... ent-133169

Is that the writings of someone who's calm and collected, or someone who's unhinged? I'll let you be the judge.

He claims "the Slymepit" (putting us all in the same basket) portrays this as a breakdown because he fought with his girlfriend. Did we?

He says "the Slymepit" claims he was cheating on Tiga (his wife). Did we?

Bear in mind, this isn't the first time that Avicenna have commited a monumental fuckup and accused "the Slymepit" for things others have said and done. Take this post for instance:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... -blogging/

He assumes someone is a wanker, and he's right. It uses a Photoshop from the 'pit, so it *must* have hailed from the 'pit, and look who it is indicts the 'pit in the third comment down. And the commentariat, known for their "scepticism", and their "critical thinking", and their "freethought", takes this claim and properly research it and verify and actually, no, they take it at face value. As usual. On a network called "freethought" blogs, a place that's supposed to be all about logic, reason and empiricity. Which raises the question: is he a gullible dimwit who takes whatever is thrown at the Slymepit as truth, or a willful fucking idiot?

But let us belay answering that for a moment and go back to his other blog post, where he continues his barrage. First he attempts to set the record straight by saying, 'No, contrary to popular belief...' "the Slymepit" is not correct in their assertions (have we made any?), the reason he had a breakdown was due to a bout of PTSD, which came about because ... he wouldn't be able to practice medicine anymore. (Because of the unfounded, anonymous, clearly false, rape allegation.) Apparently he was all mopey about it and had a fight with his girlfriend/wife because he, and I quote, "didn't really think about her."

He says he *voluntarily* underwent restriction of practice because of ... the unfounded, anonymous, clearly false rape allegation.

Anyway. He claims "the Slymepit" says he's desperate for attention, to be a member of the "in crowd" and a SJW. He says, "to date, people are still claiming that I effectively conned you lot out of money for a Laptop."

Have we? If the attention seeking label did come into play, it certainly didn't come into play until *after* he continued to misconstrue the intentions of "the Slymepit" and that of Rich Sanderson. If it came into play, it was *after* he refused to retract his claims of Rich Sanderson and the 'pit and how he seemed to treat it as vindication. Personally I don't really know why he *voluntarily* chose to restrict himself from his practice if the rape allegation was clearly false. All he could've said was "bollocks, I've been in India all this time" and no one would have thought it was weird or suspicious since it said TAM. If it had said he had raped someone in outer space, would he have chosen to restrict himself then as well? Seriously.

As for his "conning" people out of money for his laptop, that's a falsehood and can be easily checked. No one called it a con. People did, however, question the importance of the laptop in contrast to Natalie Reed's situation at the time where she was at risk of becoming homeless. Not to mention her situation was ignored in favour of the laptop where it was advertised by both PZ and Greta. But is that saying it's a "con"? Out of fairness, I even checked the instances where we talk about him and his laptop and nothing. There is no one saying it was a "con", or that he was "conning" people. So that is another unquestionable falsehood right there.

And on it goes. It's really tiresome to read, not to mention address. In the end he just goes off the rails and spits out party lines like a machinegun. If he doesn't want us to mock him, then why doesn't he do the right thing and retract his post about Rich and the 'pit, apologize to Rich for accusing him of something that he didn't do, and move the fuck on? If he doesn't want to apologize to the 'pit, that's fine. But as long as he keeps on being a gullible, dishonest fuckwit, and he keeps on repeating these easily refuted claims which STILL are taken at face value by the so-called "freethought" commentariat, then I can't promise we won't keep mocking him.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ä uest wrote:Just to follow up....

A week or so ago, over at AVFM, AVFM posted some claims that Wooly Bumblebee, who sometimes posts here, at stolen?/defrauded?/embezzled a substantial amount of money ($6,000 IIRC).

And that claim was posted here as well.

Manboobz today, in a bucket of drool, points out that over at Wooly's blog there is a discussion of that including what certainly seems to be AVFM representatives (like Dean Esmay) admitting they have no real evidence for their claims, although they have gone to some authority for an investigation, and Wooly, definitely denies there has been any mismanagement.

http://menticulture.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... arley.html
http://menticulture.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... ither.html
As I recall the initial complaint was that she had not accounted for what had happened to the money:

What happened to the Earl Silverman Center? (Aug 7, 2013)
http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for ... an-center/

And later on there was a claim that Wooly was dodging questions about the money. So Elam makes suggestion for people who donated and can not get answers and if you think you have a case go to the police etc.

Where’s the money, Kristina?
http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for ... -kristina/
This can all stop of course: Hansen can just return the money and/or provide clear public transparency and turn it over to a legitimate entity who will do what Earl would want done in his name: spend it on efforts to help men and boys. Not buy personal vehicles and sit around making excuses for inaction.
For all you know, the money is sitting in an account unspent for any number of reasons while Wooly deals with whatever else is a higher priority going on in her life. With that said I am not really sympathetic to either side.

In life, you get the exam first and the lesson afterwards.

*shrug*

(I once cosigned on a loan knowing full well what could happen. So a year later when it did I was not surprised in the slightest or the least bit upset).

dogen

Post by dogen »

Pitchguest wrote:http://www.themousehole.org/tealdeer.jpg

But let us belay answering that for a moment and go back to his other blog post, where he continues his barrage. First he attempts to set the record straight by saying, 'No, contrary to popular belief...' "the Slymepit" is not correct in their assertions (have we made any?), the reason he had a breakdown was due to a bout of PTSD, which came about because ... he wouldn't be able to practice medicine anymore. (Because of the unfounded, anonymous, clearly false, rape allegation.) Apparently he was all mopey about it and had a fight with his girlfriend/wife because he, and I quote, "didn't really think about her."
Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Can we get a FUCKING EPIDEMIOLOGIST over to FtB, please...

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Ä uest wrote:Just to follow up....

A week or so ago, over at AVFM, AVFM posted some claims that Wooly Bumblebee, who sometimes posts here, at stolen?/defrauded?/embezzled a substantial amount of money ($6,000 IIRC).

And that claim was posted here as well.

Manboobz today, in a bucket of drool, points out that over at Wooly's blog there is a discussion of that including what certainly seems to be AVFM representatives (like Dean Esmay) admitting they have no real evidence for their claims, although they have gone to some authority for an investigation, and Wooly, definitely denies there has been any mismanagement.

http://menticulture.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... arley.html
http://menticulture.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... ither.html
As I recall the initial complaint was that she had not accounted for what had happened to the money:

What happened to the Earl Silverman Center? (Aug 7, 2013)
http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for ... an-center/

And later on there was a claim that Wooly was dodging questions about the money. So Elam makes suggestion for people who donated and can not get answers and if you think you have a case go to the police etc.

Where’s the money, Kristina?
http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for ... -kristina/
This can all stop of course: Hansen can just return the money and/or provide clear public transparency and turn it over to a legitimate entity who will do what Earl would want done in his name: spend it on efforts to help men and boys. Not buy personal vehicles and sit around making excuses for inaction.
For all you know, the money is sitting in an account unspent for any number of reasons while Wooly deals with whatever else is a higher priority going on in her life. With that said I am not really sympathetic to either side.

In life, you get the exam first and the lesson afterwards.

*shrug*

(I once cosigned on a loan knowing full well what could happen. So a year later when it did I was not surprised in the slightest or the least bit upset).
AndrewV69 wrote:(I once cosigned on a loan knowing full well what could happen. So a year later when it did I was not surprised in the slightest or the least bit upset).
Cosigning would be difficult for me.

I rarely "lend" money unless it's a buck for the coke machine or ten bucks for lunch or something mostly negligible and quickly reciprocal.
The big loans to family and friends have just been gifts because, that's probably what they were going to be anyway.

Re: Hansen and AVFM, near as I can tell, this was another case of an AVFM circle jerk. Hansen may have run counter to Paul's principles with her posts re: MGTOWs and PUAs and politics, but AVFM seemed to go out of its way to publicly burn bridges and publicly burn her.

Same thing with this allegation.

I have no idea what happened, and I can empathize with anyone that suddenly finds life intruding on their projects, which is not to condone any sort of financial malfeasance, but I thought that since the allegations were discussed here, so should her denial and the statement from Esmay that he has no evidence at the moment.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Pitchguest wrote:http://www.themousehole.org/tealdeer.jpg

I'm trying to respond to the claims made about me on FtB, but I can't seem to post. Either I get sent to a login screen where I'm trying to use my Google account (doesn't work) or it gets stuck in perpetual purgatory.

Anyway. Avi is really going off the deep end, or he's pretending to be. He's really fucking lost it. He refuses to retract his post about Rich and the Slymepit despite his latest comment admitting that Rich "may not have been who pulled the trigger." He continues to slam the Slymepit, using all kinds of rhetoric to paint it in the worst possible light, and he mines it for all its worth.

Look at this comment here:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... ent-133169

Is that the writings of someone who's calm and collected, or someone who's unhinged? I'll let you be the judge.
Props for trying, but negative props for trying in a no-win situation. So, neutral, but a good attempt. At least non-partisan watchers will be able to judge from what has already been said.
He claims "the Slymepit" (putting us all in the same basket) portrays this as a breakdown because he fought with his girlfriend. Did we?
I think it might have come up since her posts were presented, but there was also some restraint since it's only one side. However, given the unhinged nature of his posts, his emotional state is in question, and people look for reasons.
I think we repeated Tiga's claims, mainly as supposition or hypotheticals. Could be wrong - we're not a monolithic entity with a back channel to coordinate our "message".
Bear in mind, this isn't the first time that Avicenna have commited a monumental fuckup and accused "the Slymepit" for things others have said and done. Take this post for instance:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... -blogging/

He assumes someone is a wanker, and he's right. It uses a Photoshop from the 'pit, so it *must* have hailed from the 'pit, and look who it is indicts the 'pit in the third comment down. And the commentariat, known for their "scepticism", and their "critical thinking", and their "freethought", takes this claim and properly research it and verify and actually, no, they take it at face value. As usual. On a network called "freethought" blogs, a place that's supposed to be all about logic, reason and empiricity. Which raises the question: is he a gullible dimwit who takes whatever is thrown at the Slymepit as truth, or a willful fucking idiot?
I'd go with emotionally disturbed idiot. I forgot that when you post something on the internet, only you have control over who sees it and who can copy or link to it....er, well, no. What a maroon.
I'll say it now, he's a real fuckwit. No, asswipe, you don't have PTSD. Anyone stupid enough to try to claim victim points following Melody's example is a deluded fuckwit. I'll address it below, but he's definitely playing the victim olympics with that claim.
He says he *voluntarily* underwent restriction of practice because of ... the unfounded, anonymous, clearly false rape allegation.
So, overly dramatic as well as unstable. Not building a good case for yourself. If I was his bosses or coworkers, and reading his blog, I'd be seriously wondering if his skills are worth the danger of a real breakdown in meatspace. Not sure of malpractice laws in India, so I can't guess any potential problems.
Anyway. He claims "the Slymepit" says he's desperate for attention, to be a member of the "in crowd" and a SJW. He says, "to date, people are still claiming that I effectively conned you lot out of money for a Laptop."

Have we? If the attention seeking label did come into play, it certainly didn't come into play until *after* he continued to misconstrue the intentions of "the Slymepit" and that of Rich Sanderson. If it came into play, it was *after* he refused to retract his claims of Rich Sanderson and the 'pit and how he seemed to treat it as vindication. Personally I don't really know why he *voluntarily* chose to restrict himself from his practice if the rape allegation was clearly false. All he could've said was "bollocks, I've been in India all this time" and no one would have thought it was weird or suspicious since it said TAM. If it had said he had raped someone in outer space, would he have chosen to restrict himself then as well? Seriously.
If it wasn't for his hysterics and blaming everyone here for his problems, nobody would have noticed him. That's the truth. Sorry, Avi. The same way no one commented on Alex Gabriels...movie review, I think. Some postmodern something or other. Guy is boring as fuck and even mentioning him is pretty pointless, but it is illustrative of where Avicenna stands in the pecking order. Since he brought attention to himself an just keeps digging deeper, it sure does seem like he's screaming for attention, and his twitter comments also say "hurt ego". He has turned a non-issue into an entry in the victim olympics. What's next - impotency? Loss of a toe due to "accident"? Sudden onset of epilepsy caused by too many twitter conversations?
As for his "conning" people out of money for his laptop, that's a falsehood and can be easily checked. No one called it a con. People did, however, question the importance of the laptop in contrast to Natalie Reed's situation at the time where she was at risk of becoming homeless. Not to mention her situation was ignored in favour of the laptop where it was advertised by both PZ and Greta. But is that saying it's a "con"? Out of fairness, I even checked the instances where we talk about him and his laptop and nothing. There is no one saying it was a "con", or that he was "conning" people. So that is another unquestionable falsehood right there.
Can't say anything about this - I can't remember that, except maybe vaguely. He seemed like nobody then, so it never really registered in long term memory.
And on it goes. It's really tiresome to read, not to mention address. In the end he just goes off the rails and spits out party lines like a machinegun. If he doesn't want us to mock him, then why doesn't he do the right thing and retract his post about Rich and the 'pit, apologize to Rich for accusing him of something that he didn't do, and move the fuck on? If he doesn't want to apologize to the 'pit, that's fine. But as long as he keeps on being a gullible, dishonest fuckwit, and he keeps on repeating these easily refuted claims which STILL are taken at face value by the so-called "freethought" commentariat, then I can't promise we won't keep mocking him.
Ah, hell no - we'll keep mocking his over-inflated sense of importance for as long as we can. It's what we do (well, along with other things, but the mockery and lulz is a definite perk). I hope he never goes on YouTube - the commenters will eat him alive.

Some real advice, though - Avi - stay in the kiddie pool. Just keep working, get your personal life in check, and don't try the drama blogging route - you don't seem cut out for it, even if you have the hypocrisy and willing ignorance of the "big kids".

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Michael Dorn is as cool as fuck. Flies jetfighter warbirds for a hobby.

That Marina Sirtis sounds like some Essex girl is just delightful.

James Caruthers

If he doesn't want us to mock him, then why doesn't he do the right thing and retract his post about Rich and the 'pit, apologize to Rich for accusing him of something that he didn't do, and move the fuck on? If he doesn't want to apologize to the 'pit, that's fine. But as long as he keeps on being a gullible, dishonest fuckwit, and he keeps on repeating these easily refuted claims which STILL are taken at face value by the so-called "freethought" commentariat, then I can't promise we won't keep mocking him.
Honestly, if he had just done that, I would have gained a ton of respect for him and FTB. Honestly, I would have. His behavior is making it clear that he's not after the actual person who sent him the accusation, what he wants is to use that false rape accusation as a tool to build up hatred of people he doesn't like.

I'm glad it sounds like he patched things up with his wife. It's kind of interesting how he sort of implies she was going all nuts on him for no reason, and his only real crime was maybe not being sensitive enough to her needs. At least, that's the way I'm reading that post. I don't really give a fuck about some guy's RL marital problems.

I pointed out the lies/false statements in the latest canuck blog post and everyone jumps in with "look at the evil pitter trying to defend his reputation." These people just do not give a fuck about the truth. I'm from a bad place and therefore I'm a bad man and anything I do is for bad reasons. :( In fact, any time people respond to me, they call me "The Slyempit." :roll: :roll: :roll: I bet they have a fucking party whenever a real MRA stops by, they get to talk about that time "all the MRAs in the world" stormed freethoughtblogs to give them hell.

Early Cuyler

Post by Early Cuyler »

Sulman wrote:Michael Dorn is as cool as fuck. Flies jetfighter warbirds for a hobby.
IIRC he flies a SabreJet 65, which is a corporate jet used by the military to shuttle high ranking officers around.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _1980.JPEG

James Caruthers

Avicenna tweeted at Zvan and this is what Zvan tweeted back. At least, I'm pretty sure she's addressing Avicenna.
Stephanie Zvan ‏@szvan 29 Aug

@Million_Gods @futilityfiles If they told me you blogged at FtB, I would have to double-check.
Collapse
Fucking hilarious! Admit it, everyone, Zvan finally said something funny. Go look for yourselves.
https://twitter.com/Million_Gods

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

zenbabe wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:What does "splash damage" mean? I thought it was when you were having a tit-wank and the spoff when in your girlfriends eye.
Haha!

I have no real idea. Hadn't heard of any of the words (and I think I missed a few in the summary, apologies to those 'pitters) until I started reading here.

In a game that I play (The Secret World), some of the mobs are infested with Filth, which, after they die, gushes forth from their bodies with a toxic splash which you don't want to get on your toon, because it's damaging. Always, in my head, I watch it and think "splash damage".
Here is "splash damage" in WOW a few years ago:

[youtube]LoN4nCaULGo[/youtube]

The Corrupted Blood plague which was fixed only by a server shutdown:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/07/26/wow-a ... od-plague/
Men, women and children were all infected. The young died instantly. The old were forced to weather a tortured, wasting existence prior to their death. Innocent bystanders acted as unknowing carriers, delivering the plague from one victim to the next. The death toll rose high enough that major city centers had been almost completely killed off, leaving only piles of corpses to rot in the streets.

We're not talking about the Black Death or a modern pandemic like SARS or H1N1. We're talking about Corrupted Blood, a disastrous plague that struck within the virtual world of Azeroth, hurtling World of Warcraft into the public eye and placing it under scientific scrutiny.
The uninfected were driven away from population centers, out into the forests, jungles or relatively empty countryside, trying to avoid other players at all costs. Players couldn't go to the auction house. Players couldn't go to the bank. They avoided their usual hubs and farming locations. The blood plague caused a complete collapse of Azerothian society, and the implications for Earth were terrifying.

AndrewV69

Re: What the FC(n) hath wrought, let no man put asunder.

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

FreeThoughtBlogs’ Jason Thibeault, confessed rapist
http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights ... ed-rapist/
The FreeThoughtBlogger Jason Thibeault, also known as the Lousy Canuck, is, by his own feminist standards, a confessed rapist.
Shitty article to write about someone even if Lousy Canuck is pulling the same shit himself. The internet is a big place, and somewhere, out there is someone willing to be an asshole just like you, if not more so.

Rad/mainstreamFemists & AVM are two sides of the same coin. If you don't have standards, you are just as much of the problem.
Yep.

However, compared to what I expect to see later on within another decade this is nothing. Some people seem to be giving every indication that they are done playing nice with the Feminists.

*shrug*

(I am actually hoping I am wrong. Because if I am right some really ugly shit is going to happen)

YMMV

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Indeed it is a shitty article and I'd bet my cock to a pound of sausages that AVFM don't believe a word of it either but I'm glad it was written as it shows people like Jason TitBalls up for the hypocritical cunts they are without people like me having to take the flak.
AVfM has given plenty of warning as far as I could see that they are "done playing nice". Quite frankly I think they are still playing nice relative to what they could do. Just do not be surprised if they keep ratcheting up a notch every so often.

Canada is still playing nice for the most part like CAFE. However, MRA Edmonton appears to be going the parody/sarcasm route for now. We will see what happens.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Anyone else think Yemmy is quite sexy?

*runs off*
Seriously?

I would do Yemmy if she offered because she strikes me as fun person to have around from time to time and it would not develop into anything serious. I doubt she would offer though because my impression is that she would never be interested.

In any event, I would invite her over to one of my suppers. I even know a couple of women I think she might get along with very well indeed, and I would be sure to invite them as well.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

James Caruthers wrote:Avicenna tweeted at Zvan and this is what Zvan tweeted back. At least, I'm pretty sure she's addressing Avicenna.
Stephanie Zvan ‏@szvan 29 Aug

@Million_Gods @futilityfiles If they told me you blogged at FtB, I would have to double-check.
Collapse
Fucking hilarious! Admit it, everyone, Zvan finally said something funny. Go look for yourselves.
https://twitter.com/Million_Gods
Well, I once again confirmed that Twitter is not my cup of tea. I did see that he shares Ed Brayton's distrust of police:
Avicenna ‏@Million_Gods 27 Aug
@edbrayton In India the headline would read "Cops caught not planting drugs!" then "Rare Honest Cop in a Museum".
Although, I think Ed claims to like police, he just loves to point out when they break the law (nothing wrong with that) - but the way he writes makes me really wonder.

I do have to ask if this distrust of authority is the baseline for these SJWs. We see they already don't trust the cops or the courts to take rape allegations seriously, but they also want that same authority to cater to their whims. It's like they would go up to a cop and say "Hey, pig! That man yelled at me, get off your fat-fucking donut eating ass and take care of it, toot sweet!" I guess you can't be an authoritarian without wanting to overthrow the authority in charge at the moment?

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: Indeed it is a shitty article and I'd bet my cock to a pound of sausages that AVFM don't believe a word of it either but I'm glad it was written as it shows people like Jason TitBalls up for the hypocritical cunts they are without people like me having to take the flak.
AVfM has given plenty of warning as far as I could see that they are "done playing nice". Quite frankly I think they are still playing nice relative to what they could do. Just do not be surprised if they keep ratcheting up a notch every so often.
Hmm, that's not my read of the situation at all, but hey, what do I know?

I see so much feminism firmly entrenched in the mainstream media, within law and government, within company boards, if only because there are so many John Scalzis out there that know the lesson of Lysistrata that I don't see AVFM's strategies of alienating everyone while boring them to death as making much leeway anyplace other than the SPLC hall of fame.

Which of course is not to say that I don't agree with AFVM on the meat of the issues most of the time.

I just see them as utterly self-defeating given the context they/we live in.

There may be a backlash to contemporary feminism, but I don't see AVFM moving the ball much, ...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

bhoytony wrote:I'm beginning to feel pretty unique. I seem to be the only person on the internet who isn't on the autistic spectrum, suffering from PTSD and being raped on a regular basis. I also hate Dr Who and Star Trek.
You and me both (although the first Star Trek reboot was ok, haven't seen the latest one).

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Caine, Fleur du mal
Azkyroth:

I’ve been raped by fraud

But all is well
Caine, Fleur du mal

CaitieCat and Azkyroth:

Hehehe. "raped by fraud" is a MRA talking point. So is being on the hook for 18 years of involuntary child support and "paper abortions"

So Azkyroth has repeated a MRA talking point and so far no ban?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ä uest wrote: I have no idea what happened, and I can empathize with anyone that suddenly finds life intruding on their projects, which is not to condone any sort of financial malfeasance, but I thought that since the allegations were discussed here, so should her denial and the statement from Esmay that he has no evidence at the moment.
I think that is fair. One suggestion though is next time a link to the comments where it was discussed would be helpful.

Right now all I have is her site here : http://www.woolybumblebee.com/ and to follow up I am going to have to do a search, and as I already have a long list ... it is going to be awhile before I get around to it.

But thanks for bringing it up in the first place.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ä uest wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Hmm, that's not my read of the situation at all, but hey, what do I know?

I see so much feminism firmly entrenched in the mainstream media, within law and government, within company boards, if only because there are so many John Scalzis out there that know the lesson of Lysistrata that I don't see AVFM's strategies of alienating everyone while boring them to death as making much leeway anyplace other than the SPLC hall of fame.

Which of course is not to say that I don't agree with AFVM on the meat of the issues most of the time.

I just see them as utterly self-defeating given the context they/we live in.

There may be a backlash to contemporary feminism, but I don't see AVFM moving the ball much, ...
Well, you may be right about AVfM. I certainly will not dispute it at any rate.

However, here in Canukistan acceptance of the various "narratives" is dependant on a core audience that due to economic and demographic related factors is shrinking. They may still control the media and other public spaces but their influence is declining.

Otherwise, someone like Ford would never have been elected mayor of Toronto in the first place.

VAXherd

Post by VAXherd »

Pitchguest wrote:I'm trying to respond to the claims made about me on FtB, but I can't seem to post. Either I get sent to a login screen where I'm trying to use my Google account (doesn't work) or it gets stuck in perpetual purgatory.
[...]

I've followed this only through the Pit. While I don't think anyone claimed it's "a breakdown because he fought with his girlfriend", the reports here could give the impression that's what happened. Or, at least, that his girl troubles figured prominently.

Similarly, the complaints by Tiga have been heavily featured, with quite a "believe the woman" slant. Her accusations could be called "emotional cheating", but I don't think that anyone here claimed more.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

http://rosarubicondior.blogspot.com/201 ... under.html

Mildly amusing, unrelated to the whole schism thing - Rosa Rubicondior has reposted a list of Twitter atheist put together by some guy - a fundamentalist, it seems - and PZ's not on the list.

I scanned it quickly. Related to the schism thing, strange bedfellows: @aratina is on the list, as is @felch_grogan.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I also got what I regard as a pretty good heckle in at Marianne Faithfull sometime in the late '90s. It was her "Weimar Berlin" tour, or whatever, you know songs by Brecht and Weill, etc. It was a pretty small place in Camden, maybe 200-300 people, and she was trying to be gemutlich with the audience. Well, she made some sort of risque comment, and the crowd giggled a bit, and she said "That's why I love playing for London audiences - I love the snickers." Whereupon I (in my fairly drunken state) shouted out "Forget the Snickers, what about the fucking Mars Bar!"

Nearly got thrown out for that one...
Was the venue the Dingwall by any chance? I played there, cool place.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I also got what I regard as a pretty good heckle in at Marianne Faithfull sometime in the late '90s. It was her "Weimar Berlin" tour, or whatever, you know songs by Brecht and Weill, etc. It was a pretty small place in Camden, maybe 200-300 people, and she was trying to be gemutlich with the audience. Well, she made some sort of risque comment, and the crowd giggled a bit, and she said "That's why I love playing for London audiences - I love the snickers." Whereupon I (in my fairly drunken state) shouted out "Forget the Snickers, what about the fucking Mars Bar!"

Nearly got thrown out for that one...
Was the venue the Dingwall by any chance? I played there, cool place.
Could well be. I saw a metric shit-tonne of bands at Dingwalls from the seventies through to the nineties.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Guest wrote:THE IRONY IS MIND-BLOWING.

Thibeault responded to the AVFM piece.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... rt-1-math/
Oh boy, did I LOL at the first comment:
Opheliar wrote:Yeah. I’ve found myself on the front page of AVFM too. Just for being ugly and crazy and stupid, though, so no libel involved.
Me! Me! Me! Don't forget about me! It's all about Meeeeeeeeeee!

franc

FfTB 1976

Post by franc »

[youtube]NM5tv-HPIdY[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:
Gumby wrote: These people are as self-righteous, holier-than-thou and judgmental as any finger-pointing Christian fundamentalist.
They remind me more of bullies who think they're victims.
[youtube]k_oHnlv56aU[/youtube]
^The "stop bullying" guy from this episode who goes around bullying people is a perfect example of the mentality I'm talking about,
That is kind of funny. Which episode was it. And how often can we repost this in response to FC(n) before they claim we are telling them to kill themselves.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Skep tickle wrote:Wow! 60 more donors in the past day (total now 114 donors). Drive is >70% funded. That's great.
Yup. Many more donors with more publicity. I suspect I know where we could find many more donors, but I am not sure if I should go there.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

deLurch wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Wow! 60 more donors in the past day (total now 114 donors). Drive is >70% funded. That's great.
Yup. Many more donors with more publicity. I suspect I know where we could find many more donors, but I am not sure if I should go there.
That's it, deLurch! Hell would be a good place to round up more of Satan's minions as donors to the Shermer Legal Fund.

uberfeminist

Post by uberfeminist »

Here is my rather crazy attempt to document the rather strange conversations with Sarah...

http://uberfeminist.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... sarah.html

I regret it already. Too much bloody typing.

Drama drama drama.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

The block bot seems to be offline...

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

uberfeminist wrote:Here is my rather crazy attempt to document the rather strange conversations with Sarah...

Drama drama drama.
"Rather strange" - oh, yeah.

Interesting interpretation re SJ basically auditioning for a position (proving her worth, etc).

I'd seen the tweets about WiS3 copied here, couldn't find more info about it. Now it has a Lanyrd entry: http://lanyrd.com/2014/wis3cfi/

Kinda hard to believe that CFI is sponsoring it, again, and with the folks planning it & confirmed so far as speakers appearing to be the same clique as before.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Anyone hear anything so far from Skeptrack at Dragon*Con, going on this weekend?

Skeptrack schedule and speaker list.

Of the names I recognize, there's Watson, Roth, Plait, & Silverman as well as Radford, Shermer, Farley, Grothe, Piglilucci, Drescher, & Gay.

I'm going to go out on a limb & guess that the Skeptrack suite parties probably have a different feel this year.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

On the Star Trek theme - this "MRM moment" was in a DS9 episode we watched tonight (see link below for the cued-up version, starts at 48 seconds in):

[youtube]Zu0QtVCQ_QQ[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/Zu0QtVCQ_QQ?t=48s

'Night, all!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Skep tickle wrote:
uberfeminist wrote:Here is my rather crazy attempt to document the rather strange conversations with Sarah...

Drama drama drama.

Interesting interpretation re SJ basically auditioning for a position (proving her worth, etc).

I'd seen the tweets about WiS3 copied here, couldn't find more info about it. Now it has a Lanyrd entry: http://lanyrd.com/2014/wis3cfi/

Kinda hard to believe that CFI is sponsoring it, again, and with the folks planning it & confirmed so far as speakers appearing to be the same clique as before.
That was a hell of a lot of typing!
Unfortunately it's difficult to have a good 'twist' at the end when you can see where the story is going to end almost before it's begun.

At the risk of going all Wonderisty here I think that skeptics/atheists need to get it into their heads that they are dealing with people that have no sense of their own fallibility. Being rational and presenting evidence, seeking progress through compromise and understanding - these are all concepts that are alien to the SJW crowd. I'm afraid that once you've identified someone as a SJW you've got little choice but resort to a different stype of argument, not one where you can ever hope to make progress, but rather one in which the objective is, like when you are accosted by a psychotic person in the street, to quietly extricate yourself from the situation. Back away slowly, the last thing you want to do is give them an excuse to chase you.

One is always tempted to insult them when they act in such ridiculous manner as SJ above, but that is a mistake. One of the prime techniques of SJWs is to find something to be offended by, and a personal insult flung in their way (even if they themselves are already cursing and blinding their opponents) is manna(splainin?) from heaven.
Calling her a fuckbag was a huge mistake.
What Loebe should have done is ask her why she allies herself with a fuckbag like oolon.
As we have seen with Avicenna, oolon is seen as a useful tool by the SJWs. They know he's a lying thug (the one rational thing PZ did in the past year was banning oolon from pharyngula because he could see through the dishonesty)- but the lies and thuggishness is being directed at their opponents so it's all good and we have people like Avicenna and Ophelia praising the scumbag.
Ask them why they are prepared to support such a dishonest shitstain.

uberfeminist

Post by uberfeminist »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

Drama drama drama.

That was a hell of a lot of typing!
Unfortunately it's difficult to have a good 'twist' at the end when you can see where the story is going to end almost before it's begun.

At the risk of going all Wonderisty here I think that skeptics/atheists need to get it into their heads that they are dealing with people that have no sense of their own fallibility. Being rational and presenting evidence, seeking progress through compromise and understanding - these are all concepts that are alien to the SJW crowd. I'm afraid that once you've identified someone as a SJW you've got little choice but resort to a different stype of argument, not one where you can ever hope to make progress, but rather one in which the objective is, like when you are accosted by a psychotic person in the street, to quietly extricate yourself from the situation. Back away slowly, the last thing you want to do is give them an excuse to chase you.

One is always tempted to insult them when they act in such ridiculous manner as SJ above, but that is a mistake. One of the prime techniques of SJWs is to find something to be offended by, and a personal insult flung in their way (even if they themselves are already cursing and blinding their opponents) is manna(splainin?) from heaven.
Calling her a fuckbag was a huge mistake.
What Loebe should have done is ask her why she allies herself with a fuckbag like oolon.
As we have seen with Avicenna, oolon is seen as a useful tool by the SJWs. They know he's a lying thug (the one rational thing PZ did in the past year was banning oolon from pharyngula because he could see through the dishonesty)- but the lies and thuggishness is being directed at their opponents so it's all good and we have people like Avicenna and Ophelia praising the scumbag.
Ask them why they are prepared to support such a dishonest shitstain.
I agree - simply calling them a name is almost always a mistake.

With Paul, they've managed to take one simple insult and turn it into a minor crisis of "harassment" and "trolling".

It's especially funny to think that the exact same treatment (if not worse) was directed at oolon.

Can you imagine if oolon made as much noise as Sarah did?

People wouldn't take him seriously for a second.

Seriously - to compete with Sarah, oolon would have to complain more than LousyCanuck and Avicenna.

And even FTB really doesn't give a shit about LC's and Avi's bogus problems.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Benson has a post up about Colin McGinn's blog wherein he quotes from Lolita. The actual intent is almost certainly not what Benson and club are implying.

Leave alone the wisdom of quoting Lolita at this particular juncture in his career, maybe someone who is familiar with the case can tell me whether McGinn actually did anything wrong, or was this just a consensual relationship. (Of course, consensual relationship between 60 year old and grad student is automatically promoted to sexual harassment by the fembots. Somehow I doubt hot young Phd. + grad student would barely raise a blip on the radar screen.)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Skep tickle wrote:Anyone hear anything so far from Skeptrack at Dragon*Con, going on this weekend?

Of the names I recognize, there's Watson, Roth, Plait, & Silverman as well as Radford, Shermer, Farley, Grothe, Piglilucci, Drescher, & Gay.

I'm going to go out on a limb & guess that the Skeptrack suite parties probably have a different feel this year.

The skepchicks are involved in two panels:

Quiz-O-Tron 2000: A science-focused panel quiz show with hilarious guests, audience participation, and fun prizes.
Joseph Scrimshaw, Phil Plait, Rebecca Watson, Jon Hotchkiss, Drew Curtis, Amy Davis Roth

Sounds like a sub-SGU jokey panel snarkfest.
It's getting old by now.

and

Talking Science and Critical Thinking Online: In what ways are we able to spread information about science and skepticism using art, comedy, and new media?
Joseph Scrimshaw, Phil Plait, Rebecca Watson, Nicole Gugliucci, Drew Curtis, Amy Davis Roth

Perhaps a discussion of the fall-out from Rebecca's Skepticon Evo Psych talk and follow-up by Ed Clint? :think:

As for the presence of Radford and Shermer, well that does create a dilemma.
Whatever about Radford (where there has at least been some specific charges and investigation), Shermer has been under no formal investigation and, as far as we know, has never had any formal accusations made against him. Phil Plait has been a friend of his for quite a while and I can imagine that it would make it awkward for him if RW decided to boycott the event because of the current Shermer case.

Not that I'm thinking that RW would actually boycott. If she did then Amy Roth would have to follow suit - presumably losing a lot of sales of her trinkets.
Moral principle vs profit motive - sorry morality, it's a no contest.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I am just going to drop this off here (and it is only 31 sconds)

[youtube]negVVIwCN8E[/youtube]

g'night all.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Darren wrote:
Opheliar wrote:Yeah. I’ve found myself on the front page of AVFM too. Just for being ugly and crazy and stupid, though, so no libel involved.
Hang one a second....Does anybody else see the unintentional hilarity in Ophies comment?
I’ve found myself on the front page of AVFM too. Just for being ugly and crazy and stupid, though, so no libel involved.
Sounds like Ophie is agreeing with the consensus that she's ugly, crazy and stupid.

Post by Guest »

Skep tickle wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 282#p91426

Wanted to hold up a mirror to this part of ischemgeek's reply in the "Will racism stop when whites become a minority?" thread at a+ forum:
... In fact, forced homogeneity breeds intolerance - look at subcultures that are very big on the conform or else messaging (like, say, evangelicals). They're not exactly a happy-go-lucky Saturday morning kids' special-esque paragons of tolerance. To put it mildly.
You have the freedom to be to just as diverse as we like it. You can say whatever you want as long as your opinion is pre-approved. Some animals are more equal than others.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Hunt wrote:Benson has a post up about Colin McGinn's blog wherein he quotes from Lolita. The actual intent is almost certainly not what Benson and club are implying.

Leave alone the wisdom of quoting Lolita at this particular juncture in his career, maybe someone who is familiar with the case can tell me whether McGinn actually did anything wrong, or was this just a consensual relationship. (Of course, consensual relationship between 60 year old and grad student is automatically promoted to sexual harassment by the fembots. Somehow I doubt hot young Phd. + grad student would barely raise a blip on the radar screen.)

I think the consensus is that he DID do something wrong.
Professor ceiling cat writes about it here.
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... t-charges/

In my opinion the situation is symptomatic of an undelying problem with academia.
In many branches of academia a person can be utterly dependent on their supervisor for any hope of career advancement. If you are unlucky enough to get a supervisor who is a bit of a lech then what do you do?
Tell him to go fuck himself?
Report him to the university authorities?

Unless you have some pretty damning proof (and I guess an email saying he thinks of you while masturbating should do it!) then there is no way that a tenured professor is going to be believed less than a student and so this route is going to be career ending.
Likewise telling him to fuck himself is either going to snap him to his senses, or get you kicked out and without a letter of recommendation (or, presumably a completed PhD)

I have definitely witnessed such behavior in my workplace and even took the side of a female colleague while this was happening to her. It didn't make any difference though, the tenured professor was believed and my colleage shortly afterwards moved back to her home country.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Darren wrote:
Hang one a second....Does anybody else see the unintentional hilarity in Ophies comment?
I’ve found myself on the front page of AVFM too. Just for being ugly and crazy and stupid, though, so no libel involved.
Sounds like Ophie is agreeing with the consensus that she's ugly, crazy and stupid.

I think she's trying to be sarcastic but accidently makes a valid point - not that she's agreeing that she's ugly, crazy and stupid, but that these are opinions of her behavior and looks that are held by others, and as such cannot be libel.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Skep tickle wrote:Anyone hear anything so far from Skeptrack at Dragon*Con, going on this weekend?

Ooh, that speaker list is a soap opera just waiting to happen. This could provide FTB with drama for the entire year to come.
Why would RW want to go anywhere near a con that has Shermer and Radford in attendance? It should be a complete raepfest, probably a million times worse than the Russian Army's advance on Berlin.
Never mind I'm sure ubersceptic Pamela Gay will pray to Jesus to deliver them from evil and God will spare them.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 282#p91426

Wanted to hold up a mirror to this part of ischemgeek's reply in the "Will racism stop when whites become a minority?" thread at a+ forum:
... In fact, forced homogeneity breeds intolerance - look at subcultures that are very big on the conform or else messaging (like, say, evangelicals). They're not exactly a happy-go-lucky Saturday morning kids' special-esque paragons of tolerance. To put it mildly.
You have the freedom to be to just as diverse as we like it. You can say whatever you want as long as your opinion is pre-approved. Some animals are more equal than others.

I read an interesting take on non-white racism the other day and I've just remembered where it was - Avicenna's girlfriend wrote it.

http://tigasukutales.com/2013/01/15/lis ... -you-twat/

BTW, considering the title, I'm beginning to suspect Tiga is a pitter!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

bhoytony wrote: Why would RW want to go anywhere near a con that has Shermer and Radford in attendance?
That part was of course a rhetorical question, so you don't need to explain "free bar" to me.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:

Ooh, that speaker list is a soap opera just waiting to happen. This could provide FTB with drama for the entire year to come.
Why would RW want to go anywhere near a con that has Shermer and Radford in attendance? It should be a complete raepfest, probably a million times worse than the Russian Army's advance on Berlin.
Never mind I'm sure ubersceptic Pamela Gay will pray to Jesus to deliver them from evil and God will spare them.
3/1: Last minute pull out due to "fear for her safety".
9/1: Attends conference and Tweets constantly about everything Shermer does.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Skep tickle wrote: http://rosarubicondior.blogspot.com/201 ... under.html

Mildly amusing, unrelated to the whole schism thing - Rosa Rubicondior has reposted a list of Twitter atheist put together by some guy - a fundamentalist, it seems - and PZ's not on the list.

I scanned it quickly. Related to the schism thing, strange bedfellows: @aratina is on the list, as is @felch_grogan.
The fact that Franc got on the list (and rightly so) and he never must be playing havoc with his stress levels.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Hunt wrote:Benson has a post up about Colin McGinn's blog wherein he quotes from Lolita. The actual intent is almost certainly not what Benson and club are implying.

I think the consensus is that he DID do something wrong.
Professor ceiling cat writes about it here.
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... t-charges/

In my opinion the situation is symptomatic of an undelying problem with academia.
In many branches of academia a person can be utterly dependent on their supervisor for any hope of career advancement. If you are unlucky enough to get a supervisor who is a bit of a lech then what do you do?
Tell him to go fuck himself?
Report him to the university authorities?

Unless you have some pretty damning proof (and I guess an email saying he thinks of you while masturbating should do it!) then there is no way that a tenured professor is going to be believed less than a student and so this route is going to be career ending.
Likewise telling him to fuck himself is either going to snap him to his senses, or get you kicked out and without a letter of recommendation (or, presumably a completed PhD)

I have definitely witnessed such behavior in my workplace and even took the side of a female colleague while this was happening to her. It didn't make any difference though, the tenured professor was believed and my colleage shortly afterwards moved back to her home country.
There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation for the part I've bolded above:
Advocates of Mr. McGinn, however, say that the correspondence may have been misinterpreted when taken out of context.
Edward Erwin, a supporter of Mr. McGinn who is a professor of philosophy at the University of Miami, said Mr. McGinn was working on a book about human evolution and the hand.
:D

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

welch wrote:
Tribble wrote:Ok. The wife's surgery is done. She's at home. A relatively small lumpectomy and the lymph nodes have, first screening, come out ok. We'll get the full pathology report in a week to find out if they need to go back in, but so far, so good.
good news!
Indeed, good news! Thanks for the update.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: http://rosarubicondior.blogspot.com/201 ... under.html

The fact that Franc got on the list (and rightly so) and he never must be playing havoc with his stress levels.
It reminds me of the incident within the past year when a mainstream news show about atheism had TJ the micropenis sautee-ing Amazing Atheist as their atheist representitive.

It must piss him off in the extreme to remember when he was knocking on the door of the four horsemen just a few years back and now he is best known as an online radical feminist.
And who the fuck is going to use a white middle-class bearded fuck like him as a feminist representitive!

He's blown his chances of making the big time.

:violin:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tribble: give your wife all my best, for what it's worth.

Steers: very sorry to hear about your in-law. All my sympathies.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

Quiz-O-Tron 2000: A science-focused panel quiz show with hilarious guests, audience participation, and fun prizes.
Joseph Scrimshaw, Phil Plait, Rebecca Watson, Jon Hotchkiss, Drew Curtis, Amy Davis Roth

It's getting old by now.

and

Talking Science and Critical Thinking Online: In what ways are we able to spread information about science and skepticism using art, comedy, and new media?
Joseph Scrimshaw, Phil Plait, Rebecca Watson, Nicole Gugliucci, Drew Curtis, Amy Davis Roth

Perhaps a discussion of the fall-out from Rebecca's Skepticon Evo Psych talk and follow-up by Ed Clint? :think:

Whatever about Radford (where there has at least been some specific charges and investigation), Shermer has been under no formal investigation and, as far as we know, has never had any formal accusations made against him. Phil Plait has been a friend of his for quite a while and I can imagine that it would make it awkward for him if RW decided to boycott the event because of the current Shermer case.

Not that I'm thinking that RW would actually boycott. If she did then Amy Roth would have to follow suit - presumably losing a lot of sales of her trinkets.
It makes sense to assume that Watson was relayed more details about the Shermer RAEP!!! story. Maybe its such obvious bullshit that she wont even pretend to almost maybe boycott (as she was doing before with DragonCon). Seems odd she and Roth wouldnt bail and are supporting an event that is supporting a 'known serial rapist'...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ERV wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

It's getting old by now.

and

It makes sense to assume that Watson was relayed more details about the Shermer RAEP!!! story. Maybe its such obvious bullshit that she wont even pretend to almost maybe boycott (as she was doing before with DragonCon). Seems odd she and Roth wouldnt bail and are supporting an event that is supporting a 'known serial rapist'...
It didn't stop them in the past when Ed Kramer was involved, despite his child molestation case.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Meh, true. God their 'convictions' and 'principles' are utterly arbitrary.