Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Dick Strawkins

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Live pictures from DragonCon:

Has she gone back to coloring her hair red?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-uE-agNkHL8/S ... /clown.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Also, apparently, accusing someone of rape with no evidence IS NOT libel, but accusing somebody of being a confessed rapist with no evidence IS libel.
:shifty:

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Gumby wrote:Hahaha.
He might as well, oolon will blame it on him soon enough.

JudgeFudge

Post by JudgeFudge »

To be clear: I'm saying the Skepchick Org Free Table was given to Surlyramics.

I have a hard time imagining anybody thinking their getting a free table for their org, turning it over to a friend who sells 'jewelry' for a living, and then complaining the free table was taken away.

But then again, some people's entitlement sense is strong.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

JudgeFudge wrote:To be clear: I'm saying the Skepchick Org Free Table was given to Surlyramics.

I have a hard time imagining anybody thinking their getting a free table for their org, turning it over to a friend who sells 'jewelry' for a living, and then complaining the free table was taken away.

But then again, some people's entitlement sense is strong.
Strong?

It rivals certain religions in terms of entitlement.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JackRayner wrote: Does she believe that Feminism's success will force our hardwired drives to judge by appearance out of us....or even her own hardwired drive to want to compete as much as she is in the beauty arms-race? Or is it that she believes Feminism will force these three businesses to merge? Or force them to all give equal shelf space to all available products?

As "Double Rainbow" guy cried out to god himself: What does it mean?!
I do not think that is what he actually cried out:
[youtube]Ouf5kkm2hXA[/youtube]

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

In other news I just saw thishttp://skepchick.org/2013/09/how-not-to ... epchick%29 (sorry if someone already mentioned it.)

One of the points the author objects to is:

"How do I stop this from happening to my daughter?"

One issue the author smartly points out is that your son could also be raped. So we agree on one thing. She unfortunately also, says the question is bad anyway, because it implies that women can in some way stop their rape, or be responsible for their own rape. Putting aside the obvious victim blaming difficulties to one side, the fact remains that there are at an *extremely* basic level, two ways to decrease rape:

1. Educate individuals not to rape (this is obviously preferred universally).
2. Teach women (and men) how to avoid being raped. (This is hated on by some as it implies it was in any way someone's fault for being raped.)

I find this premise to be counter-productive at best. You aren't going to eliminate rape just as you won't eliminate murder. It is axiomatic that we should work to lower the number of perpetrators by education etc, but this does not simply excuse ignoring point 2. It is not victim blaming to teach people common tactics employed by rapists.

Let us imagine a scenario, let us call someone A. This man is a rapist, and a true evil scumbag. His method is to use drugs, he often places them in drinks he is serving targets, and that is how he gets you.

Let us say we warn person B, a completely average woman, well in advance, that this is a tactic some rapists use . As a result, she happens to refuse a drink from A in this way, being careful.

In our scenario, a rape and all of its trauma, was stopped. Now it is of course awful that people must take preventative steps against a crime they are not responsible for, but I find it difficult to feel remorse having given someone the knowledge to help avoid becoming a victim.

Of course, just because person B, despite knowing this, takes the offered drink in another scenario and is a victim to such an awful travesty, does not in any way make it her fault. But I stand by the principle that, in some cases there are things that can be taught, and it is not enlightened to keep that information from potential victims.

Trying to stop people from talking about what they can do to avoid rapes will, in my view, increase the number of rape victims (assuming my earlier premise was correct) and that is not a good result.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

And Amy, predictably, follows the party line:
No word yet if she burst into tears.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Amy..... Amy is putting sparkly things on her 'pieces' now?

... I.... I thought Mayhew was just being mean....

... I.....

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Busted!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

ERV wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
ERV wrote: Actually its coming out now that people who paid to have mech booths complained to vendor affairs, ie, attendees were upset at a perceived violation of con policy and reported it. Conference admins reviewed the booth and agreed Skepchicks was violating policy. They gave Skepchicks a chance to adhere to policy. Response? 'BAAAAAAW WE WERE THREATENED!!!!!'

Ha.
It almost sounds like Becky did this deliberately to provoke a response so she could build a new victim narrative, get an innocent guy fired and drum up more publicity for herself. I mean, all she would have had to do is buy a vendor table like everyone else, or leave the prohibited merch at her hotel room and sell the allowed stuff.

When somebody goes this far to create a victim situation, I start to wonder if the whole thing was planned.
... I have no idea whether they are joking or not, but someone said the person who told Skepchicks about the violations was not a man.

It was a gay female.

... If this is true my brain will explode. My brain will literally explode.
Whenever Watson and Co. attend somewhere, there is always some big issue. It is a fact. At some point their attendance will be considered harassment.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Gumby wrote:Hahaha.
Richard Sandersen is the new Richard Jewell
Norm MacDonald on SNL in 1996 wrote: In Atlanta this week, two separate bomb blasts rocked a building which houses an abortion clinic. Asked if there were any suspects, an FBI spokesman said, "We don't want to rush to judgment like we did in the Olympic Park bombing case," but then added, "It's Richard Jewell.
Or is Richard Sandersen serious about reporting that?

JudgeFudge

Post by JudgeFudge »

Gumby wrote:And Amy, predictably, follows the party line:
Yep, Skepchicks' Table was given to Surlyramics. Liars you indeed ARE.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

I've seen a story that was equally as sad:
[youtube]lp63fy-9JaI[/youtube]
:crying-blue:

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

JudgeFudge wrote:
[youtube]wP_DaQ9H7Rc[/youtube]

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Lsuoma wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
some guy wrote:Coyne again defends against a "lame attack" on Evo Psych, and takes a another shot at PZ.

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... sychology/
Professor Ceiling cat is a brave man.
We've seen the kind of tactics Peezus resorts to with critics like Shermer, it wouldn't surprise me if someone else gets suddenly added to anonymous accusation roster. I think Coyne rarely attends skeptic or atheist meetings and is unlikely to have met the skepchick coven, so that should lessen the chances for them to try to pin something on him.
I think Coyne is fairly PTFE (Teflon). He is very open and honest. Plus he's Jewish. Or should that be he's a Jew? I dunno anymore...
Ethically and culturally (to some extent) but not religiously.

Post by Guest »

JudgeFudge wrote:
The moral of the story is that you don't have to follow any points of conference policy with which you disagree. If you are confronted by conference officials once you've already had your fun and broken the rules for over a day, it's your responsibility to act like a child and continue to attend the conference. Unless you want to storm off in a huff.

And I was worried about the FTBully insistence on conference policies! Turns out they're no big deal.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

justinvacula wrote:[youtube]wP_DaQ9H7Rc[/youtube]
[youtube]Mlpg59l-bms[/youtube]

Parody Accountant

"Screw you guys, I'm going home. Right after this gourmet salad. I have to go fight the world, make sure convention policies are in place and enforced... except for this one time."

acathode

Post by acathode »

James Caruthers wrote:
ERV wrote: Actually its coming out now that people who paid to have mech booths complained to vendor affairs, ie, attendees were upset at a perceived violation of con policy and reported it. Conference admins reviewed the booth and agreed Skepchicks was violating policy. They gave Skepchicks a chance to adhere to policy. Response? 'BAAAAAAW WE WERE THREATENED!!!!!'

Ha.
It almost sounds like Becky did this deliberately to provoke a response so she could build a new victim narrative, get an innocent guy fired and drum up more publicity for herself. I mean, all she would have had to do is buy a vendor table like everyone else, or leave the prohibited merch at her hotel room and sell the allowed stuff.

When somebody goes this far to create a victim situation, I start to wonder if the whole thing was planned.
Meh, sounds to conspiracy theory for my liking.
I'd say this is just another case of how these people simply don't understand that rules apply to them, not just others. They've gotten so used to the "it's ok when we do it", from both in their internet echo-chambers, and in the A/S cons where they are toxic big fish that'll manufacture drama and mucho bad press for the smallest of slights, that they just forgot that they have to follow the rules when they are the nobody guests.
Basically Hanlon's razor I guess...

Then of course, when they run straight into the concrete wall called "reality" and find out that some rules do apply to them, then Beccy will do what Beccy does best: Manufacture drama and bad press, and try to gain victim points, because that's what how she exerts her influence.

Best case scenario, she can gain enough publicity DragonCon issue a official appology to her and give her the table back. Worst case scenario, she doesn't get her table back, but will still be able to wring some sympathy sales by writing a few blog posts and making this into a "affair". No matter what, she have absolutely nothing to lose by making a big fuss about this.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

goddamn 'nym

Post by goddamn 'nym »

James Caruthers wrote:

Ha.

I find it entirely believable that the Skepchick branded stuff simply doesn't sell well enough to justify sitting at that table for the entire convention.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

James Caruthers wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
These pictures are a thing of beauty! :lol: Like, what the fuck does this even mean?!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/293503005311 ... o2_500.jpg

Does she believe that Feminism's success will force our hardwired drives to judge by appearance out of us....or even her own hardwired drive to want to compete as much as she is in the beauty arms-race? Or is it that she believes Feminism will force these three businesses to merge? Or force them to all give equal shelf space to all available products?

As "Double Rainbow" guy cried out to god himself: What does it mean?!
She seems to be implying that feminism is going to rewrite her brain so that she no longer wants the things she wants. I know lots of women who don't wear a lot of makeup, and I even know several women who don't wear any.

I guess when you reject evopsych you also reject the notion that there's any biological basis for sexual competition. So I suppose that then those sexual competition behaviors you see people engaging in become the fault of "patriarchy."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... other.html
There's also the question of whether women focus on their appearance in order to impress men or other women. I won't generalize and I admit this subject is much too complicated for me to tackle. But I don't think it's as simple as "defeat patriarchy, all young women stop worrying about how they look." :lol:
I love these "It's the media/Patriarchy!!!!1" types. It's like they're completely oblivious to how the free market works. The media isn't controlling the masses as much as it's just giving them exactly what they want. Whether they've done this intentionally or by simple "natural selection"-style trial and error, it doesn't really matter in the end, does it? I actually remember sitting by while my girl was watching TV one day, a few years back, and a commercial for a show called "Dirty Sexy Money" came on and I told her, "Wow. It's like they're not even attempting to be subtle about it anymore!" :D

As for the whole "women dress to impress each other" thing...I don't buy it. The answer to things as deep rooted as mating behavior can't be reached by trying to have a conversation with the rational [and rationalizing] part of our brains. I mean, let's think about this: What would be the ultimate goal of upstaging every other bitch in the vicinity? What would that earn you? The hate and scorn of the majority of them, for one, but what tangible benefits does that bring? Zero to negative, I would think. I can't be sure, but I've heard told rumors that the male of the species is highly visual when it comes to looking for viable mates. Maybe that has something to do with that? :think:

JudgeFudge

Post by JudgeFudge »

Vacula, I didn't have you pegged as a metalhead. We all need metal in our life, just like the eagle needs to fly.

This one's for the FtB gang.

[youtube]4c3BCWx5Rpg[/youtube]
And I was worried about the FTBully insistence on conference policies! Turns out they're no big deal.
Yeah, they don't seem to have any effect in stopping bad behavior before it happens. If you can't stop free fan tables from being given over to vendors, how can you stop sexual harassment? :lol:

Oh, if somebody only got the encounter on film. I can certainly believe Amy or Rebecca got all unjustifiably self-righteous about stealing free vendor space from DragonCon.

Wonder if there was a Watson-Amy arrangement. You know, I'll pay for your flight if you let me use the Skepchick table to sell clay.

Also, will Rebecca will be reinvited to DragonCon next year? :twisted:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

acathode wrote: I dunno, not very familiar with 1) what "general merchandise" could be, and 2) what the Skepchick people actually sell other than pre-school arts and craft stuff, but I wouldn't be to surprised if this is some staffer on a power trip? Could it be Amy again doing some copyright/trademark infringement that counts as "general merchandise" and broke the rule?
Because shopping slows down traffic, cons tend to move all the merchandise tables into a merchandise area. Also, merchandise tables tend to cost significantly more and have more rules regarding the collection of money, paying over commissions, insurance, vendor permits, sales & use tax temporary permits, etc., etc., etc. as they are considered COMMERCIAL enterprises.

The concourse tables are usually in high traffic areas and are for fan clubs, bands, stuff like that and sales (if any) are expected to be rather limited so as to not impede the flow of traffic.

Becky, essentially, decided to set up her hot dog stand in the middle of the convention rush hour and fuck the rules. It's a total dick move on her part. And, of course, she whines about it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

BarnOwl posted this last night, - Watson throwing a hissy fit when some restaurant won't deliver food to her hotel room.
How much more can the poor woman take? :cry:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Gumby wrote:
However, it's early yet. It's possible she has a legitimate gripe, but given her tedious propensity toward finger-pointing histrionics, I'm not inclined to give her the benefit of a doubt. Be interesting to see how this all plays out.
No, the actions are clearly within this rule:
In deference to our dealers and exhibitors, who purchase a table or sponsor the convention, no general merchandise sales are permitted at concourse tables. You can sell logo merchandise from your organization and other items made exclusively for and by your club, band or organization. Dragon*Con does not charge a percentage of these merchandise sales.

She was looking for a free ride. She got shot down. She's such a fucking dumbass.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

SenorBeagle wrote:
ERV wrote:...its coming out now that people who paid to have mech booths complained to vendor affairs...
ERV wrote:paid to have mech booths
ERV wrote:mech booths
So, this mech goes to a convention.jpg
rofflemeow

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Kareem wrote: I've seen a story that was equally as sad:
Good gawd... I think I just developed cancer of the eardrum. What a stupid and shallow twit.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tribble wrote:
Gumby wrote:
However, it's early yet. It's possible she has a legitimate gripe, but given her tedious propensity toward finger-pointing histrionics, I'm not inclined to give her the benefit of a doubt. Be interesting to see how this all plays out.
No, the actions are clearly within this rule:
In deference to our dealers and exhibitors, who purchase a table or sponsor the convention, no general merchandise sales are permitted at concourse tables. You can sell logo merchandise from your organization and other items made exclusively for and by your club, band or organization. Dragon*Con does not charge a percentage of these merchandise sales.

She was looking for a free ride. She got shot down. She's such a fucking dumbass.
Yeah, got it now.

Post by Guest »

JudgeFudge wrote: Oh, if somebody only got the encounter on film. I can certainly believe Amy or Rebecca got all unjustifiably self-righteous about stealing free vendor space from DragonCon.

Wonder if there was a Watson-Amy arrangement. You know, I'll pay for your flight if you let me use the Skepchick table to sell clay.

You know, if someone DID catch the encounter on video, I may actually have to believe in a deity for five minutes or so.

Someone else said that it was a dick move to clutter up the area and to steal the vendor space, and it was. I just don't understand why Amy didn't stow her arts and crafts projects in a hotel room and continue to do the important and intellectual conference work that Skepchick is known for.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Badger3k wrote:
JackRayner wrote: Peezus Christ! http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... epalm2.gif

These pictures are a thing of beauty! :lol: Like, what the fuck does this even mean?!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/293503005311 ... o2_500.jpg
Most of the women I know don't even have one rewards card for a beauty/cosmetics store. Maybe it's the rampant consumerism culture that we have that tells people they have to buy lots of products, and the business aspect of using things like rewards cards to create repeat business. Maybe it's the fact that no one is forcing you to go to three different businesses - is there some aspect of the "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality involved there?

I'm just waiting for the 'I need feminism because I don't need Surlyramics to be fashionable' thing.
Damn. I have one. Should I feel, like, all womanly and consumerist-whorish now? :?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

JudgeFudge wrote: Also, will Rebecca will be reinvited to DragonCon next year? :twisted:
Given how slow cons (with the exception of TAM) are to pick up on how poisonous and destructive Watson et. al. are, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she was invited back to speak on more panels next year.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ERV wrote:
Git wrote:GOATSE! Southern wins the Slymepit!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didnt even notice! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Amy is a wonderful artist, LOL!
God, Surlyramics are utterly fucking shit. I literally have no idea why the SJW's act like they're anything but cheap tat.
My 2 year old scrawls pictures on her Magna-Doodle that look better than the shit SurlyAmy churns out.

Parody Accountant

"Screw you guys, I'm going home. Right after this gourmet salad. I have to go fight the world, make sure convention policies are in place and enforced... except for this one time."

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

SenorBeagle wrote:
ERV wrote:...its coming out now that people who paid to have mech booths complained to vendor affairs...
ERV wrote:paid to have mech booths
ERV wrote:mech booths
So, this mech goes to a convention.jpg
Damn you, SenorBeagle! :lol:

You win all of page 77!

Honorable mentions: Southern's Goatse Surlyramic© and Strawkin's Ronald Rebecca McDonald.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

It's all skepticism's fault... And if people don't agree with that assessment, they're creepy stalkers. Uh, no you didn't follow the rules, you moron. That's why your table got shut down.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Huehuehue wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
One does not expect the Queen to read like some common peasant. Besides, you know those rules are for other people, not the Belle of the Ball.
I read that in Claptrap's voice, my day is now made. Frankly, if the SJW's had everything they said read out in the voice of Claptrap, I'd have a lot more time for them.
I'm not the only one who reads Badgers posts in Claptrap's voice? Yay!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote:

Ha.

Ah ha ha ha ha hA HA HA HA HA HAAA!!!!! Rebecca Watson? Ah ha ha ha ha hA HA HA HA HA HAAA!!!!!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:BarnOwl posted this last night, - Watson throwing a hissy fit when some restaurant won't deliver food to her hotel room.
How much more can the poor woman take? :cry:
And three mindless cunts favourited that Tweet.
That tweet was so amazing that it needed to be saved, forever, by no less that three people.
Fuck this world.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Gumby wrote:It's all skepticism's fault...
Isn't Dragoncon a sci-fi/fantasy con?

Tribble

Re: Tablegate - Misogynistic Harrassment at Dragon Con

Post by Tribble »

Kareem wrote: If I found myself in her position, I may have been upset but it wouldn't have gotten to "threatening." This reminds me of all the times I saw women arguing with cashiers or some low level worker about store policy, as if they're the ones who make store policy?
I don't get it. Women being sexually assaulted worry about making a scene while people in the wrong get confrontational over not being able to set up shop for free.
Whenever I deal with customer service and I'm pissed, I make sure that the CSR knows it's not about them right up frong. That I'm mad at the idiots who screwed up. And I always thank them for not escalating and being professional despite the fact my anger does bleed through during the call.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
Busted!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'll have to see if I can dig up a Flounce smiley.

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

Gumby wrote:It's all skepticism's fault... And if people don't agree with that assessment, they're creepy stalkers. Uh, no you didn't follow the rules, you moron. That's why your table got shut down.
My stomach is in pain from laughing. This is just brilliant. "Nothing changed but the climate of organised skepticism"?!?!?!?! Nonsense! This is practically conspiracy theory land. You had a few years where you potentially got by avoiding the rules. Now people have noticed what you do and complain.

This is like saying "I've parked on these double yellow lines 20 times and never got a ticket! The only thing that's changed is the climate of badger adoration" (since we're blaming something completely irrelevant.)

Getting away with breaking the rules doesn't mean you weren't breaking the rules.

I also wonder if ad hominem is just a natural reflex now. "Omg the people who say I'm wrong are creepy stalkers!" "All you people saying exactly what I wanna hear? Keep rocking you cool cats." Or something equally profound.

Re: Tablegate - Misogynistic Harrassment at Dragon Con

Post by Guest »

Tribble wrote:
Kareem wrote: If I found myself in her position, I may have been upset but it wouldn't have gotten to "threatening." This reminds me of all the times I saw women arguing with cashiers or some low level worker about store policy, as if they're the ones who make store policy?
I don't get it. Women being sexually assaulted worry about making a scene while people in the wrong get confrontational over not being able to set up shop for free.
Whenever I deal with customer service and I'm pissed, I make sure that the CSR knows it's not about them right up frong. That I'm mad at the idiots who screwed up. And I always thank them for not escalating and being professional despite the fact my anger does bleed through during the call.
A lot of these SJWs have never had REAL jobs, so their privilege prevents them from understanding the man or woman on the wage slave side of the counter.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Kareem wrote:
I think she's implying that skeptics reported them...somehow.

I'm sure the Slymepit will eventually be blamed. Even if it's just by proxy. Because Richard Sanderson is a Slymepitter...even though he doesn't have an account here. [Was he even there?]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Kareem wrote:
[.tweet][/tweet]
That's what I thought...

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

Steersman wrote:
Gumby wrote:In other news, from Chris Clarke's flounce post:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 599716.jpg
http://coyot.es/crossing/2013/08/29/a-r ... ment-20156

The exodus continues. Think they'll ever figure out why? Naaaahhhh.
Indeed. You can lead SJWs to a syllogism but you can't make them think. So to speak.

Apropos of which and FWIW, my comment at Clarke’s blog which was in moderation but which has apparently now been deleted:
Steersman wrote:pecunium said:
pecunium: I sense a certain amount of closed-minded judgementalism, married to a dismissal of arguments which come from “certain types of people” which is offensive.
Yes, and I wonder how many times you – and others here who are voicing similar perspectives – ever said anything to those “certain types of people”. How many times did you all take PZ – demagogue extrordinaire – to task for such egregious accusations and characterizations as this (1)?
Myers: And these anonymous monsters on the internet who shriek affrontedly about women and feminists and moan that any feminist allies are ‘manginas’ — to me, every one of them has the name Marc Lépine, and is just hiding it in shame and fear and hatred and cowardice.
You might want read this article (2) on the “broken-window” theory of criminality and reflect on its relevance to Pharyngula and related sites.

----
1) “_http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/12/06/never-forget/comment-page-3/#comments”;
2) “_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory”;
I guess he wasn't amused.
:shock:

*BREAKING NEWS* Steersman drove Chris Clarke from FtB

Disclaimer: Due to the extreme nature of quoting Steersman. If any of the issues covered in this forum post have affected you please contact a licensed evolutionary psychologist.

JudgeFudge

Post by JudgeFudge »

Gumby wrote:It's all skepticism's fault... And if people don't agree with that assessment, they're creepy stalkers. Uh, no you didn't follow the rules, you moron. That's why your table got shut down.
Yep.

On the 2013 site, Surlyramics is not a vendor, but there is a Skeptrack with Watson.
On the 2012 site, Surlyramics is not a vendor/dealer/exhibitor, but there is a Skeptrack with Watson.
http://web.archive.org/web/201208050630 ... ealers.php
On the 2011 site, ditto is not on the vendor list.
http://web.archive.org/web/201108180651 ... ealers.php

(All archives taken from the month just prior to the convention). I didn't find a list of org/band/free/fan tables, but I didn't look very hard.

This is simply the first time they got busted.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Guest wrote:
JudgeFudge wrote: Oh, if somebody only got the encounter on film. I can certainly believe Amy or Rebecca got all unjustifiably self-righteous about stealing free vendor space from DragonCon.

You know, if someone DID catch the encounter on video, I may actually have to believe in a deity for five minutes or so.

Someone else said that it was a dick move to clutter up the area and to steal the vendor space, and it was. I just don't understand why Amy didn't stow her arts and crafts projects in a hotel room and continue to do the important and intellectual conference work that Skepchick is known for.

No booze money.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Huehuehue wrote: My stomach is in pain from laughing. This is just brilliant. "Nothing changed but the climate of organised skepticism"?!?!?!?! Nonsense! This is practically conspiracy theory land. You had a few years where you potentially got by avoiding the rules. Now people have noticed what you do and complain.

This is like saying "I've parked on these double yellow lines 20 times and never got a ticket! The only thing that's changed is the climate of badger adoration" (since we're blaming something completely irrelevant.)

Getting away with breaking the rules doesn't mean you weren't breaking the rules.

I also wonder if ad hominem is just a natural reflex now. "Omg the people who say I'm wrong are creepy stalkers!" "All you people saying exactly what I wanna hear? Keep rocking you cool cats." Or something equally profound.
I just wonder how long it's going to take for organizers of these things to connect the dots and finally realize that just about every con the FftB/Skepchunk crowd attend, they throw tantrums, play the helpless innocent victims, and cause a scene and make it all about themselves. Then when they get home the attack blog smear machines get revved up. TAM2012 (T-shirt/"fake jewelry"/general Grothe bashing), WiS2 (Lindsay), Dublin (Ophie vs. Vacula)... I'm sure there's others I forgot.

When are these organizers going to wake the fuck up and realize that these sleazebags just aren't worth it?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

clownshoe wrote: Disclaimer: Due to the extreme nature of quoting Steersman. If any of the issues covered in this forum post have affected you please contact a licensed evolutionary psychologist.
If you experience a Steersman post lasting more than four hours, seek emergency medical attention immediately.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Screw you DragonCon, I'm going home!

[youtube]nZh_dfuqQUo[/youtube]

Satan

Post by Satan »

Huehuehue wrote:Secondly, she says she was treated in a poor manner. Even if he got the rules right, it's good form to be respectful and accommodating where possible.
Bullies don't deserve the kind of respect that is due to normal people.

Since Watson could reasonably be expected to spin any interaction with the con administration into a victim narrative, the administration should have done as much damage to the victims as possible, as an act of before-the-fact revenge for whatever damage the feminist horde will try to inflict on the convention in the future.

The more aggressive an approach, the better.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Gumby wrote:
Kareem wrote: I've seen a story that was equally as sad:
Good gawd... I think I just developed cancer of the eardrum. What a stupid and shallow twit.
Please tell me that's a parody video and she's an aspiring comedian. Please.

uberfeminist

Post by uberfeminist »

This DragonCon drama...

http://uberfeminist.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... rules.html

This is a new low for Rebecca.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Late to the party. LOL, amazing, the line "no general merchandise sales are permitted at concourse tables" was even in bold font on the conference web page.

Does the tweet about waiting for a flight back to LA mean Amy Davis Roth is ditching the panel she's scheduled to appear on, at 7pm Eastern (US) time (1 hr from now)?

Post by Guest »

It's obviously a spoof vid you autistic fucks.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Who're you calling 'whelp'?