Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Tribble

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Tribble »

Southern wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

The man who made Femen:
New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
When the Femen founder finally spoke to Ms Green, he sought to justify his role within the organisation and acknowledged the paradox of being a “patriarch” running a feminist protest group. “These girls are weak,” he says in the film.

“They don’t have the strength of character. They don’t even have the desire to be strong. Instead, they show submissiveness, spinelessness, lack of punctuality, and many other factors which prevent them from becoming political activists. These are qualities which it was essential to teach them.”
Ouch. Either he's trolling hard, or Femen just got imploded.

Or maybe he's really Franc? "Victor Svyatsky" could be a nym for "Victor Ivanoff", which, as everybody knows as per PZ Myers quote, is really Franc Hoggle.
I thought we were all Franc Hoggle.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Speaking of misogynist police officers, isn't it sexist of the FTB/Skepchick crew to assume police officers are always male?

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 32-500.jpg
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/wle8708.pdf
https://www.ncjrs.gov/policing/fem635.htm
I would never pretend that female officers don't face their own problems. It's very likely there is actual on-the-job sexism directed at female officers, both from co-workers and criminals/civilians. But changing those stereotypes requires the complete opposite of the FTB victim mentality. And I hardly think all cops are misogynist, or the entire police system is misogynist.

Something like 15% of NY police officers are female. 10% nationwide are female (I think.) So even if 100% of male officers were total misogynists, there would still be 10% of officers who aren't (with FTB logic lol). I mean, c'mon this idea of teaching rape victims to fear and avoid the cops is stupid and will aggravate repeat sexual assaults.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I locked my front door before going to bed last night. Little did I know I was perpetuating burglary culture
Yeah thanks a lot you fucker. I hate crawling through windows.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

SkepticalCat wrote:
Such as "watch out for Michael Shermer and don't let him offer you drinks", Amy?
And I will just leave this right here...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7452/9678 ... 4237_o.jpg

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Mindblowing SJW Ingnorance (Storify)

@thisisamy_ tweeted that one is a rape apologist if they offer preventative measures against being raped. Hilarity and ignorance ensued.

http://storify.com/Stefanelli/mindblowi ... ingnorance
The stupidity....it is incredible. I like the person who jumps in and says "but the point was..." Jesus Christ. The point was fucking stupid. Oh well, nothing to do but laugh at stupidity. Then cry at the harm they do to real women's lives.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

windy wrote: The post was written by Sarah/mowgli3, not Becky.
My bad. It all sounds the same. :lol:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Jonathan wrote:From the latest Thunderdome:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-685536

The salient section:
TW: the recent discussions about the Stunned Silence thread and especially Ogvorbis’ comment.
So, apparently we’re all pro-pedophile rape apologists.
It’s amazing how the same people can firmly believe that 12 yo cannot consent freely to sex because duh, they’re lacking the mental capacities of adults, but at the same time believe that 12 yo can make the informed decision to rape somebody. But apparently they get to have it both ways.
Apparently the children in tow of the WBC are just as morally responsible and reprehensible as Shirley Phelbs herself.
Raping somebody is an "informed decision"? Wow.
Anything to protect their own. That's all it is.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

windy wrote:
The post was written by Sarah/mowgli3, not Becky.
What's the point of Sara Mowgli3's post at this time?

It's a year and a half after Reason Rally.
Watson hasn't been doing anything major in the atheism community since that time (certainly not enough to consider her a figure who could rally atheists rather than rallying feminists of her own subgroup)
Saramowgli3 is a constant voice in twitter arguments over secular SJW issues.
Why didn't she mention this long before now?
:think:

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Lsuoma wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:One point of order for the slymepit admin:

I don't like the current Slymepit slogan - it looks like a personal insult rather than the kind of witty slogans we are used to.

Can we change it to something funny?

:whistle:
Got something funny?
Gumby wrote:You're also worse than Hitler!!!
You're a rape apologist if you want to prevent rape.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Amy's tweet is total and complete bullshit, and indicative of the ignorance that is pervasive in the radical feminist movement. These people are damaging the feminist movement, and promoting an atmosphere of ignorance that can result in women being even more victimized by sexual assaults.

http://websitesonadime.com/thisisamytweetrape.jpg
This explains something.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3827/9682 ... 69e4_o.jpg

From the front she's got that uniform hipster Skepchick look. I suspect there's a farm where they grow them, pop hipster specs on them and send them out to demand the world do their bidding.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I locked my front door before going to bed last night. Little did I know I was perpetuating burglary culture
Not quite. If you had reminded your housemate to lock the door before going to bed, then you'd have been perpetuating burglary culture.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So I just got up to speed on the latest ool0n episode, and it's something. The slimy turd accuses user @Lenn_Len of being a rape apologist because he said, and I quote, "Hysteria is from people who cry rape without reporting it to the proper authorities." But that's not the only reason why ool0n ended up in hot water. The dumb fuck actually DOXXED @Lenn_Len on his Storify account, in a story he dubbed "Rape Apologism 101"

Yes, you read that correctly. On a medium in which @elevatorgate is made out to be a stalker and harasser for supposedly only Storifying tweets from the other "side" or his "ideological opponents" and other such claims, ool0n drops a person's docs. He's only just started using it, but at the moment his Storifies ONLY features tweets from the other "side" and it's amazing how seemingly easy this transition has been for him. To join in the demonisation of Storify in one breath, and then use the tool to doxx someone in another. Incredible.

He just can't seem to understand the definition of irony or hypocrisy. Or both. And he has the nerve to accuse *me* of "arguing in bad faith." Risible.

http://storify.com/ool0n/rape-apologism-101

(After receiving complaints on Twitter for the doxxing, he's since removed the name on his Storify. He also calls the act of @Lenn_Len threatening to sue for libel when his name is being attached to rape apologism a "farce" and comparable to the antics of a Monty Python sketch. Yeeeah.)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Huehuehue wrote: Oh now THIS is good...
If you can believe the story, Dawkins didn't want to be on the same stage (or event) as someone who had just (IIRC) villified him, dragged hom through the mud, and declared a boycott on him. Can you blame him? It's not fear, it's disgust. Of course, notice there is nothing bad said about Silverman immediately caving in? (ok, at least not that I noticed. Skimmed the story and didn't read the comments, so that last point could be wrong).

Hmm..

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Skeeve wrote:
Oh my...look at the Crom go!
crommunist September 5, 2013, 11:52 am Log in to Reply

That’s just not true, and it’s an absurd allegation. The comparison is rife with hyperbole, and the hypothetical statement you attribute to Dawkins stands in ridiculously stark contrast to things he’s actually written. If you’re going to take the man on, and you absolutely should, stick to things he’s actually said and done, not lazy false equations.
Crom, crom, crom....listen to the women. Believe the survivors. It's a first hand account from someone trustworthy (a Skepchick) and therefore cannot be false. Stop mansplaining.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Badger3k wrote:
If you can believe the story, Dawkins didn't want to be on the same stage (or event) as someone who had just (IIRC) villified him, dragged hom through the mud, and declared a boycott on him. Can you blame him? It's not fear, it's disgust. Of course, notice there is nothing bad said about Silverman immediately caving in? (ok, at least not that I noticed. Skimmed the story and didn't read the comments, so that last point could be wrong).

Hmm..
Exactly.

And anyway, if Silverman had followed the drama enough to have known about RW's vilifying and boycotting (except it wasn't boycotting, because reasons, remember?), he'd have been perfectly justified in "caving."

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I know most people here don't think doxxing is cool, but I finally discovered Caine's real name and I can't resist from making it public:
Joan Wayne Gacy.

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

Badger3k wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
Oh my...look at the Crom go!
crommunist September 5, 2013, 11:52 am Log in to Reply

That’s just not true, and it’s an absurd allegation. The comparison is rife with hyperbole, and the hypothetical statement you attribute to Dawkins stands in ridiculously stark contrast to things he’s actually written. If you’re going to take the man on, and you absolutely should, stick to things he’s actually said and done, not lazy false equations.
Crom, crom, crom....listen to the women. Believe the survivors. It's a first hand account from someone trustworthy (a Skepchick) and therefore cannot be false. Stop mansplaining.
He wasn't talking about the article's account, he believes it, he was talking about one of the commenters making daft claims about Dawkins.

But yeah the account is really weird, in that there's next to no attack being made on Silverman.....maybe it's because he's seen as an ally to them, and they don't want to upset him? I'll just leave that one up to the universe.

I don't really care, she, as you said, had just got through trying to eviscerate him on a blog. I'm not surprised he doesn't like her. Let's ask, who is a more valuable speaker: Dawkins, or Watson? If you attack people and deliberately try to hurt them, it's nuts to be surprised that they don't want anything to do with you.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

James Caruthers wrote: Something like 15% of NY police officers are female. 10% nationwide are female (I think.) So even if 100% of male officers were total misogynists, there would still be 10% of officers who aren't (with FTB logic lol). I mean, c'mon this idea of teaching rape victims to fear and avoid the cops is stupid and will aggravate repeat sexual assaults.
You know the saying that Christianity's doctrine of original sin and redemption by Jesus is selling you both a sickness and the cure? Well that's what this SJW brand of "feminism" is.

For you guys, you are all potential rapists, with testosterone damaged brains, barely able to restrain your paleolithic mindset of snatching the wiiminz by their hair and going all rapey-rapey-time. Your only recourse is to shut the fuck up, never disagree, and accept the fact that no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you defend all the hate aimed at you and your sexuality, they'll still always just view you as only marginally better than the misogynist pigs that constitute the masses. Oh, also, fuck you.

For us women, we are victims at all times, or a human shield for the SJW to wield when they recieve criticism: "Don't you see I'm defending this woman!? Stop questioning me or my actions!"
In SJW-land, we women are delicate flowers, too emotionally fragile and broken to handle common sense advice, bad words and normal adult responsibility for our own words and actions. But we are also tough and fierce sex-positive types too don'tcha know? And that's totally not a contradiction! Of course, we too cannot question the SJW dogma either because then we are parrots for misogyny, or we're just "tokens" trying to score some cock. And if we decide to say something like CUNT or BITCH, even if in a joking and non-confrontational manner, then by all means send in your male SJW neckbeards to explain to us condescendingly why we're oppressing the other women by simply uttering or typing a 4 letter word, regardless of any context, even when it;s not aimed as a slur at another person. And if they fail to turn us from independent thinking people into like-minded dogmatists with victim complexes, then they pretend we don't exist or work on campaigns to smear us like so many others who didn't bow down to official SJW doctrines have experienced.

SJW slacktivism is just like fucking religion, but without the funny hats. We do have plenty of candidates vying to be a Pope or Christ-type messiah figure though. After all, why should anyone have authority to speak for themselves like an intelligent adult when one can represent the entire group and speak for us? (defiance shall not be tolerated, fuckfaces, get out of our safe space)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Not quite. If you had reminded your housemate to lock the door before going to bed, then you'd have been perpetuating burglary culture.
AAAaaahhhhh.....I see now. Thank you sensei.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Awww....booohoo....

Seriously, is simply running a shitty un-skeptical "skeptic" blog enough to qualify to speak at the Reason Rally? There's plenty of other women who've done actually useful shit for things like church/state separation or other secular activism for us to need poor little Becky to get on stage and probably talk about why she got a few nasty emails again. Eugenie Scott, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Jessica Ahlquist...what has Skepchick done in any fashion that compares to these women? Not a goddamn thing that I'm aware of.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I know most people here don't think doxxing is cool, but I finally discovered Caine's real name and I can't resist from making it public:
Joan Wayne Gacy.
Fits perfectly. A clown who gets off on murder.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

(my way of saying: awesome job)

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I know most people here don't think doxxing is cool, but I finally discovered Caine's real name and I can't resist from making it public:
Joan Wayne Gacy.
Hey now, Gacy somehow managed to exist in the clown career path for many years, so we'd have to assume that he was amusing and legitimately funny at his day job SOME of the time, right?

I don't think caine's life involves humor at ANY time.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Joan Wayne Gacy.
OK. I was successfully trolled.

Dornier Pfeil

Post by Dornier Pfeil »

Gumby wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:Is there any proof that this supposed Dawkins outburst of September 2011 actually happened? Beyond the single account of someone who clearly has an agenda against him. I literally cannot imagine him speaking in this fashion.

Even if this story isn't just SkepChick agitprop, can people really be considered reliable eyewitnesses of what happened 2 years ago? The police have enough trouble getting accurate reporting days after incidents happen. Lets be skeptical about this :)
To me the whole thing smacks of that bullshit Christian urban legend where the Chickian caricature of the arrogant angry atheist college professor gets apoplectic when a Christian student "proves" God is real.

You know how the baboons always portray the Pitters as "angry", "fuming", "enraged", shit like that? Same crap.
That sounds like a challenge for a talented gif maker. If only I was that person. :cry:

Mildly Irritated

Post by Mildly Irritated »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Amy's tweet is total and complete bullshit, and indicative of the ignorance that is pervasive in the radical feminist movement. These people are damaging the feminist movement, and promoting an atmosphere of ignorance that can result in women being even more victimized by sexual assaults.

Ok, that's just fucking SICK.

Amy, you are one demented, warped pile of shit.

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

Huehuehue wrote:
SkepticalCat wrote:
Such as "watch out for Michael Shermer and don't let him offer you drinks", Amy?
:lol:

I don't even understand their position. Do they actually live in a different world to me? Being aware of how people act is a very useful thing. I used to be part of a group of grifters who were very good at what they do (me not so much). If more people knew about how con-artists and such get you, they'd be in a better position to avoid such crimes. As people have stated before, it applies to all crime, knowledge is useful. They advocate the position of not educating anyone about how people get raped, doing so diminishes the knowledge people have about how rapists often operate, and therefore more will be victims.

I'll say this clearly: Their position will lead to more rapes. Now, who's the rape apologist? The one who spreads information so people can defend themselves? Or the ones working to a position where more people are victims and traumatised? Seems obvious to me.
It's like teaching abstinence for sex-ed. We all know how well that worked out.

welch

Post by welch »

deLurch wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Maybe it's an obvious question, but ... is oolon actually retarded?
Apologizing if someone is definitely going to sue is a poor choice. But given that Len has made it clear that he won't sue and it ends if oolon does not apologize, then oolon is a freak'n idiot to continue on this course. He has been provided with a clear easy out.

it's a different version of "I'd kick your ass, but then you'd sue me."

Dornier Pfeil

Post by Dornier Pfeil »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Gumby wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:Is there any proof that this supposed Dawkins outburst of September 2011 actually happened? Beyond the single account of someone who clearly has an agenda against him. I literally cannot imagine him speaking in this fashion.

Even if this story isn't just SkepChick agitprop, can people really be considered reliable eyewitnesses of what happened 2 years ago? The police have enough trouble getting accurate reporting days after incidents happen. Lets be skeptical about this :)
To me the whole thing smacks of that bullshit Christian urban legend where the Chickian caricature of the arrogant angry atheist college professor gets apoplectic when a Christian student "proves" God is real.

You know how the baboons always portray the Pitters as "angry", "fuming", "enraged", shit like that? Same crap.
I've been thinking of doing a SkepChick Tract for ages, I'll have to see if there are some suitable templates ready for shopping. :D
I beg your pardon for speaking too fast Mr. Strawkins. I was afflicted by acute mandibular run-on complicated by cerebral lockup.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

16bitheretic wrote: Awww....booohoo....

Seriously, is simply running a shitty un-skeptical "skeptic" blog enough to qualify to speak at the Reason Rally? There's plenty of other women who've done actually useful shit for things like church/state separation or other secular activism for us to need poor little Becky to get on stage and probably talk about why she got a few nasty emails again. Eugenie Scott, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Jessica Ahlquist...what has Skepchick done in any fashion that compares to these women? Not a goddamn thing that I'm aware of.
I bet Richard Dawkins also avoids stepping in dog shit on the sidewalk. It must terrify him.

Dornier Pfeil

Post by Dornier Pfeil »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Gumby wrote:

I've been thinking of doing a SkepChick Tract for ages, I'll have to see if there are some suitable templates ready for shopping. :D
I beg your pardon for speaking too fast Mr. Strawkins. I was afflicted by acute mandibular run-on complicated by cerebral lockup.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Pitchguest wrote:So I just got up to speed on the latest ool0n episode, and it's something. The slimy turd accuses user @Lenn_Len of being a rape apologist because he said, and I quote, "Hysteria is from people who cry rape without reporting it to the proper authorities." But that's not the only reason why ool0n ended up in hot water. The dumb fuck actually DOXXED @Lenn_Len on his Storify account, in a story he dubbed "Rape Apologism 101"

Yes, you read that correctly. On a medium in which @elevatorgate is made out to be a stalker and harasser for supposedly only Storifying tweets from the other "side" or his "ideological opponents" and other such claims, ool0n drops a person's docs. He's only just started using it, but at the moment his Storifies ONLY features tweets from the other "side" and it's amazing how seemingly easy this transition has been for him. To join in the demonisation of Storify in one breath, and then use the tool to doxx someone in another. Incredible.

He just can't seem to understand the definition of irony or hypocrisy. Or both. And he has the nerve to accuse *me* of "arguing in bad faith." Risible.

(After receiving complaints on Twitter for the doxxing, he's since removed the name on his Storify. He also calls the act of @Lenn_Len threatening to sue for libel when his name is being attached to rape apologism a "farce" and comparable to the antics of a Monty Python sketch. Yeeeah.)
What the fuck is he playing at? Doxxing people for no reason other than they disagreed on Twitter?
I feel sorry for Oolon's innocent family because I guarantee they will end up suffering one day due to his fucking online idiocy.
He stirs shit online that affects people's real life whilst parading his location and personal details around like bait. One day he'll piss of some total shit-in-an-ice-cream-cone-and-eat-it nutcase who won't be content with sending a few angry tweets back to him.

welch

Post by welch »

I have passwords on my server. I'm perpetuating cybercrime culture.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

So tablegate isn't quite the propoganda coup that they thought it would be.

It seems like getting known for advocating rules to govern behaviour at conferences comes with the cost that people expect you to follow the same rules too.

Dammit! :twisted:

So, what to do next? :think:

Wait a second...

Silly me!

What do we always do when we need to get the SJWs on our side?

http://i.imgur.com/5qbm0gx.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

welch wrote:
I have passwords on my server. I'm perpetuating cybercrime culture.
We shouldn't need passwords. We should teach HaXX0rz not to hack. Or some shit.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tribble wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: Did you see the one right after that?

http://i.imgur.com/nkGvmJI.png?1

No, really? The horde at Pharyngula treated a professional colleague of PZ's like he was a clueless newb?

Shocking....(not) :roll:
They ripped Don Kane! Lol. I can't wait to tell my wife.

BTW, Kane like Myers, came out of UO ION which is how they know each other. However, Kane, unlike Myers, is a solid scientist (he has his own lab) and a professor who, among other courses, teaches genetics: http://tinyurl.com/kyprqun (PDF of this year's syllabus).

And the baboons ripped him for not knowing genetics. You reap what you sow, Paul. You reap what you sow. And what you have sown is a toxic mix of ignorance and hubris.
Indeed. Whole scene has an old Testament flavour to it doesn’t it? Sort of like “Vengance is mine, saith the Lord (aka Gumby)”. Or maybe something from Shakespeare – Macbeth for example, a tale of the “corrosive psychological and political effects produced when evil is chosen as a way to fulfil the ambition for power”. A modern case of when some serious burning would come to insane dunces – so to speak ….

Mildly Irritated

Post by Mildly Irritated »

Huehuehue wrote:
SkepticalCat wrote:
:lol:

I don't even understand their position. Do they actually live in a different world to me? Being aware of how people act is a very useful thing. I used to be part of a group of grifters who were very good at what they do (me not so much). If more people knew about how con-artists and such get you, they'd be in a better position to avoid such crimes. As people have stated before, it applies to all crime, knowledge is useful. They advocate the position of not educating anyone about how people get raped, doing so diminishes the knowledge people have about how rapists often operate, and therefore more will be victims.

I'll say this clearly: Their position will lead to more rapes. Now, who's the rape apologist? The one who spreads information so people can defend themselves? Or the ones working to a position where more people are victims and traumatised? Seems obvious to me.
Don't you see? More women raped means more victims, means more converts to their cult.

Amy's tweet is fucking evil. It is as demented in its pathology as the Vatican's stance on condom use.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:So I just got up to speed on the latest ool0n episode, and it's something. The slimy turd accuses user @Lenn_Len of being a rape apologist because he said, and I quote, "Hysteria is from people who cry rape without reporting it to the proper authorities." But that's not the only reason why ool0n ended up in hot water. The dumb fuck actually DOXXED @Lenn_Len on his Storify account, in a story he dubbed "Rape Apologism 101"

What the fuck is he playing at? Doxxing people for no reason other than they disagreed on Twitter?
I feel sorry for Oolon's innocent family because I guarantee they will end up suffering one day due to his fucking online idiocy.
He stirs shit online that affects people's real life whilst parading his location and personal details around like bait. One day he'll piss of some total shit-in-an-ice-cream-cone-and-eat-it nutcase who won't be content with sending a few angry tweets back to him.
I'm not sure I like your splash damage apologism. Or is that accountability apologism? I still haven't figured out the new system.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

16bitheretic wrote:
Joan Wayne Gacy.
Hey now, Gacy somehow managed to exist in the clown career path for many years, so we'd have to assume that he was amusing and legitimately funny at his day job SOME of the time, right?

I don't think caine's life involves humor at ANY time.
Gacy's day job was running a construction company.
He did the clowning as a charity sideline.

I don't know how he ever managed to avoid getting arrested simply on the basis of this clown costume and make-up.
Creepiest clown ever.

http://i.imgur.com/q7Lyiey.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Remember, kids: if you don't want STD's, FUCK YOU APOLOGIST (use condoms)

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Dick Strawkins wrote:So tablegate isn't quite the propoganda coup that they thought it would be.

It seems like getting known for advocating rules to govern behaviour at conferences comes with the cost that people expect you to follow the same rules too.

Dammit! :twisted:

So, what to do next? :think:

Wait a second...

Silly me!

What do we always do when we need to get the SJWs on our side?

I literally LOLed. Freakin perfect.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

free thoughtpolice said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 64#p126964):
The Orange Letters our overseers now have puzzles me.
The Green was "Global Moderator"!
Is orange "Interplanetary Overlord"?
Orange is Power Crazed Imbeciles (PCI).

My pal, Welchy, said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 93#p126993):
Jesus, there's enough humorless twats on the planet, many of which write for FTB and Skepchicks.
Yah, and also some of whom write for the Pit -- points teh greeny Slymee finger at Welch, Franc, Git, myself, and a small handful of other pompous and overly self-important assholes.

Teh Oberwordmeisternantsturmführer said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 94#p126994):
I tend to think that the Internet is the best thing for democracy since Athens. Maybe it gives the demagogues more free rein or greater scope, but there are also more people who are able to call them on it too, and as it occurs rather than long after it has had a chance to work its “magic” – an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Yah, but the price we observers pay, and the major problem with the 'net, and with contemporary technology in general, is it allows everyone to believe that they are experts at whateverthefuck they think they are experts at.

Best nic yet for Ophie (courtesy of the Mighty Tigz): spongy-web-of-skin-containing-a-vacuity.

Bravolicious.

Southern said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 24#p127024):
You talk as if oolon deserved better grammar than that.
HAHAHAHA. I call that a perfect pithy comeback.

Teh Mighty Renee said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 31#p127031):
As a rape victim myself, if I hear one more time from some mamby-pamby dickweed that reporting this stuff to the police is just a waste of time, I will personally put my fist through their stupid, insipid, drooling face.
(My emphasis).

Erm, yes indeed, but it's actually Namby Pamby, not mamby-pamby.

Brought top you by Pedants-Are-Usâ„¢.

Oh, and "panty-waste" should actually be....

/runs away and hides under the mamby-pamby rug

In all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree with your comment.

Strawkins said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 18#p127218):
I found the original 'Dear Muslima' comments of Dawkins to be terrible - not in the seriousness of their intent, but in the fact that it unwittingly served as the rocketfuel that launched Watson's career.
(My emphasis).

Erm, those comments of Dawkins in no way whatsoever launched Watson's career. Her career was well and truly launched years before those comments appeared.

re. Ape+Lust at http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 21#p127221

You're a fucking genius, you are. Cripes, with Ape+Lust, Jan Steen, Gefan, and the handful of other brilliant shoppers, etc., this place is a gold mine of hilarity.

Strawkins said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 34#p127234):
The "Dear Dick" letter was also on the Skepchick site but handled by Svan, the thug-for-hire of the Minnesota Mafia.
Wrong. It was "handled" by Mindy: http://skepchick.org/2011/07/dear-richard-dawkins/

Guest (which one? Who the fuck knows): said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 40#p127240):
I love how neither of you name which woman produces "nothing but drama," but the statement applies to so very, very many people. Naming one isn't really necessary. That statement is evergreen.
Very good point. Specifics and clarity are critical.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I guess we should be like the Catholic Church and tell people in Africa to not use condoms under the theory that we'd be AIDs apologists if we did...

Do these people ever think? Even a little?

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Tigzy wrote:Benson, total shithead, lamenting on why oh why tis unseemly and vulgar when someone tells a lazy-ass to get a job:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ure-at-it/

Yeah, I reckon Benson's striving to make a virtue out of a personal tendency to bone-idleness here - as if she and her fellow bloggers were all Keatsian romantics who would no doubt find their refined and noble sensibilities completely sullied by a stint of hard graft. The fucking haughtiness of this stupid old bint beggars belief sometimes. Also, she's unclear - as ever - by what she terms a 'job'. Because doing a patchwork of partial jobs is still...doing a job. So what the fuck is she going on about? Does she mean work in general? Useful work? Ah, whatever - in any case, Benson should surely be careful for what she wishes: because if most people stopped having a job, they would become very poor and not be able to afford to bathe and wash so often; probably have to sell their cars too, and make use of public transport.

Yes Ophie, there would be a lot more smelly poor people on buses - Keatsian romantics, one and all! :-D
Well, if Beson is going for the Keats Option, she'll have to remember it requires two things - writing poetry that people will still want to read two hundred years later, and dying at 25. She's already failed the second, and I'm not holding my breath on the first.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

16bitheretic wrote: SJW slacktivism is just like fucking religion, but without the funny hats.
They do seem to favor funny glasses though.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1923 ... w_Hair.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Mindblowing SJW Ingnorance (Storify)

@thisisamy_ tweeted that one is a rape apologist if they offer preventative measures against being raped. Hilarity and ignorance ensued.

http://storify.com/Stefanelli/mindblowi ... ingnorance
I love how she completely misrepresents what the fake followers check page is for.

I also love that she has 2X the number of fake followers I do.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I just spotted a silly article that gives a map of US states according to their most popular porn searches.

http://gizmodo.com/heres-all-the-dirty- ... 1208587525

http://i.imgur.com/8C2OHtz.jpg

Where exactly is PZ based again? :think: :whistle:
:lol: :clap:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dick Strawkins wrote: What do we always do when we need to get the SJWs on our side?
Hillarious pic. But, in Rebecca's defense, she is reacting to a story told by Sarah. So unless you think there is some sort of conspiracy that Rebecca orchestrated to get Sarah to write that story, I can't say your characterization is completely fair in this specific situation.

welch

Post by welch »

Dornier Pfeil wrote:
Gumby wrote:

That sounds like a challenge for a talented gif maker. If only I was that person. :cry:
Here, the Pit reacts to...something:

http://www.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2.gif

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

16bitheretic wrote: Awww....booohoo....

She gave it away from her DragonCon tweets. She is the entertainment. She went there to entertain her fans and others - not actually do anything else. But, while I admit her life seems to be a joke, she's not really that funny. It's painful to listen to her try to be humorous.

Just.Don't.Do.That. (/faux hipster)

On the other end of the spectrum (and I can't get the link from my ipad - it's on my computer), PZ has a post up about being picky in which conferences he goes to, and he claims to be making no demands about other speakers. Hmmm. Sounds like rationalization to me.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

John Greg wrote:free thoughtpolice said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 64#p126964):
The Orange Letters our overseers now have puzzles me.
The Green was "Global Moderator"!
Is orange "Interplanetary Overlord"?
Orange is Power Crazed Imbeciles (PCI).

My pal, Welchy, said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 93#p126993):
Jesus, there's enough humorless twats on the planet, many of which write for FTB and Skepchicks.
Yah, and also some of whom write for the Pit -- points teh greeny Slymee finger at Welch, Franc, Git, myself, and a small handful of other pompous and overly self-important assholes.

Teh Oberwordmeisternantsturmführer said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 94#p126994):
I tend to think that the Internet is the best thing for democracy since Athens. Maybe it gives the demagogues more free rein or greater scope, but there are also more people who are able to call them on it too, and as it occurs rather than long after it has had a chance to work its “magic” – an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Yah, but the price we observers pay, and the major problem with the 'net, and with contemporary technology in general, is it allows everyone to believe that they are experts at whateverthefuck they think they are experts at.

Best nic yet for Ophie (courtesy of the Mighty Tigz): spongy-web-of-skin-containing-a-vacuity.

Bravolicious.

Southern said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 24#p127024):
You talk as if oolon deserved better grammar than that.
HAHAHAHA. I call that a perfect pithy comeback.

Teh Mighty Renee said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 31#p127031):
As a rape victim myself, if I hear one more time from some mamby-pamby dickweed that reporting this stuff to the police is just a waste of time, I will personally put my fist through their stupid, insipid, drooling face.
(My emphasis).

Erm, yes indeed, but it's actually Namby Pamby, not mamby-pamby.

Brought top you by Pedants-Are-Usâ„¢.

Oh, and "panty-waste" should actually be....

/runs away and hides under the mamby-pamby rug

In all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree with your comment.

Strawkins said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 18#p127218):
I found the original 'Dear Muslima' comments of Dawkins to be terrible - not in the seriousness of their intent, but in the fact that it unwittingly served as the rocketfuel that launched Watson's career.
(My emphasis).

Erm, those comments of Dawkins in no way whatsoever launched Watson's career. Her career was well and truly launched years before those comments appeared.

re. Ape+Lust at http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 21#p127221

You're a fucking genius, you are. Cripes, with Ape+Lust, Jan Steen, Gefan, and the handful of other brilliant shoppers, etc., this place is a gold mine of hilarity.

Strawkins said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 34#p127234):
The "Dear Dick" letter was also on the Skepchick site but handled by Svan, the thug-for-hire of the Minnesota Mafia.
Wrong. It was "handled" by Mindy: http://skepchick.org/2011/07/dear-richard-dawkins/

Guest (which one? Who the fuck knows): said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 40#p127240):
I love how neither of you name which woman produces "nothing but drama," but the statement applies to so very, very many people. Naming one isn't really necessary. That statement is evergreen.
Very good point. Specifics and clarity are critical.

Just on a further point of clarity, you are mistaking the 'Dear Richard' post with a completely separate one: "Dear Dick"

That one was certainly Svans baby and it was closely associated with the Skepchicks - although it may have been hosted on Svans old Almost Diamonds site:

http://almostdiamonds.blogspot.se/2011/ ... -from.html

As for my point about launching her career - I'm aware of what she was before Elevatorgate (I was a SGU subscriber for years) but I also know of her failed attempts at being a radio presenter and of her English podcast adventures that didn't work out.
The Elevatorgate situation was the only one of these ventures that gained traction, and I partially blame the publicity from Dawkins intervention for that.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

deLurch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: What do we always do when we need to get the SJWs on our side?
Hillarious pic. But, in Rebecca's defense, she is reacting to a story told by Sarah. So unless you think there is some sort of conspiracy that Rebecca orchestrated to get Sarah to write that story, I can't say your characterization is completely fair in this specific situation.

Rebecca orchestrating something?

Never! :liar:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

welch wrote: Here, the Pit reacts to...something:
http://www.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2.gif
Oh crap! You mean we just have to swish our tail and the whole world jumps!

Let's break out the tail of fracking!

AnonymousCowherd

deLurch wrote:
Hunt wrote:And kind of interesting that the "Myers Legal Defense Fund" has not materialized to date. It's almost like they just want that week of bendering, when they were cray cray outing "rapists" to just go away and never be seen again. Unfortunately, uh, this is, like, reality? Wait... (in the true Myers sense), you mean blog and reality actually cross-sect?
Why would Myers need a legal defense fund? Popehat already volunteered to help find him free legal counsel and has in fact identified someone who was willing to do a job.

As for all of us non-lawyers, we don't quite have the luxury of providing legal services pro-bono. So we have to do the next best thing and use the money earned at our jobs to hire an actual lawyer. Neither approach is necessarily bad. But Myers already has a free lawyer.
If this legal stoush ever shifts into high gear (and I'm yet to be convinced it will), PZ will need more than a few pointers from a pro-bono lawyer, and it won't be easy to find one who'll devote $50k+ worth of time to the case. I think both sides are hoping it won't come to Court.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

So Peez has done a volte-face on his 'I refuse to speak at any event event Abbie Smith is speaking at' thing, ostensibly cos the recent Becky/Dawkins thing has perked up his small cloacal nub for her again - though I reckon it could also be down to the fact that he might really, really need some more gigs to publicise his book, especially as he might need the shekels in the very near future *cough*Shermer*cough*

Anyways, I smirked generously at this bit:
I will not discriminate on the basis of who else you’ve invited to speak. So sure, you can also invite Ray Comfort to your conference, and I won’t use that as an excuse to back out. I won’t necessarily get chummy at the event, and I might even aggressively speak out against that other person
:lol: sure.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... a-promise/
http://www.freezepage.com/1378409216URALSIVCYX

It really is fucking weird how Peez acts like a total lovelorn orbiter around the blue-haired glob. 'Becky-Wecky ith upthet - Oh! Oh! Thith will not do, I mutht thow her how intewesting I think she ith!' . It's almost as if she had some kind of hold over him, or something.

AnonymousCowherd

~ if only RD would apologise!

Git

Post by Git »

Mwahahahaha, I now have even Welsh posting Kitteh pics.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:So Peez has done a volte-face on his 'I refuse to speak at any event event Abbie Smith is speaking at' thing, ostensibly cos the recent Becky/Dawkins thing has perked up his small cloacal nub for her again - though I reckon it could also be down to the fact that he might really, really need some more gigs to publicise his book, especially as he might need the shekels in the very near future *cough*Shermer*cough*

Anyways, I smirked generously at this bit:
I will not discriminate on the basis of who else you’ve invited to speak. So sure, you can also invite Ray Comfort to your conference, and I won’t use that as an excuse to back out. I won’t necessarily get chummy at the event, and I might even aggressively speak out against that other person
:lol: sure.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... a-promise/
http://www.freezepage.com/1378409216URALSIVCYX

It really is fucking weird how Peez acts like a total lovelorn orbiter around the blue-haired glob. 'Becky-Wecky ith upthet - Oh! Oh! Thith will not do, I mutht thow her how intewesting I think she ith!' . It's almost as if she had some kind of hold over him, or something.
Wasn't there a YouTube video of her saying something like, "Don't play poker with PZ as he'll try to impregnate you"? Rape culture?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Hunt wrote:
yomomma wrote:And kind of interesting that the "Myers Legal Defense Fund" has not materialized to date. It's almost like they just want that week of bendering, when they were cray cray outing "rapists" to just go away and never be seen again. Unfortunately, uh, this is, like, reality? Wait... (in the true Myers sense), you mean blog and reality actually cross-sect?
For all we know, one of the self-confessed would-be homicidal commenters is even now fulfilling contracts to make a buck or two for the dear leader.