Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by John D »

bhoytony wrote:
John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote: You may not care about cons outside of A/S, but the same neo-Feminist, drama-blogger, sex-police are running their same playbook in those other venues. I think that's worth knowing.
If it is not about cutting genitals or beta males it is not worthy of the geniuses in the Slymepit.

My Confederates now have faces.... very nice, and ready for First Bull Run (or Manassas to you Rebels).
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corb ... 6f75beb0ae
Must I correct you on everything? These toy soldiers are NOT from the U.S. Civil War era. They are cleraly from WWII. They didn't have bazookas at the Battle of Bull Run (and if they had it may have made a decisive difference in the battle's outcome) Get a clue!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

One problem with adult male circumcision hasn't been mentioned. They might throw away the wrong bit. Seriously, it happened to my brother. :lol:

I remember the days when we prescribed a week of stilboestrol to circumcised men, so they could sleep (you know what happens when you dream - Ouch!) The tiny risk of a DVT was probably worth it, but nobody dares do anything outside the guidelines these days.

goddamn 'nym

Post by goddamn 'nym »

Guest wrote:Do we really want a world that is a melting pot, everyone looking the same, thinking the same, or would we prefer a world that is more of a tossed salad, with distinct types of lettuce, cheese, anchovies, etc., making for a more interesting taste.
New York is a melting pot. Is everyone looking the same, thinking the same in New York?
Guest wrote:But any asshole that compares right of return to Nazi policies of genocide should be laughed at, not coddled.
People refuse to learn from history. Nazi Germany is not some sort of unique case that we are all immune to today. Nazi Germany progressed slowly via many small steps. Steps that didn't look that different from things like this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/1 ... 55932.html

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

John D wrote: Must I correct you on everything? These toy soldiers are NOT from the U.S. Civil War era. They are cleraly from WWII. They didn't have bazookas at the Battle of Bull Run (and if they had it may have made a decisive difference in the battle's outcome) Get a clue!
Yes, but they are still children's toys, so I got the main facts right.

welch

Post by welch »

Dave2 wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Guest wrote:One of these is not like the other

a) Nazi policies of genocide
b) Ethnic scholarships
c) Indian tribal membership
d) Israel Right of Return
e) Ladies Night at the bar
Actually, none of them are directly equivalent, and all are worth discussing on their own merits and flaws.
I suppose I've left myself open here - I'm not a big supporter of the idea that there are merits to genocide, for the record.
All depends on the group. If you're talking Tech Pundits and/or hipsters, I fail to see the problem.

Then again, when aliens invade/skynet takes over, I plan on being lead quisling, so i'm biased.

JAB

Post by JAB »

I'm going to make a brief contribution to the cut/uncut debate...

A video from back when somegreybloke was funny:

[youtube]efTOQZWBUkI[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

EdwardGemmer wrote: You know, the internet is just full of amazing. I had never heard of ElevatorGate until late last year, and now I'm just finding out about DickWolfGate, which may even be a bigger event and more of a controversy over nothing.
Penny Arcade vs. Shakesville was a match made in Heaven: uber-trolls vs. uber-victim
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfybqfn7L11qfjiio.png

One thing I've never heard though:
Ophelia Benson's reaction to how she was drawn in the comic strip that started it all...
:lol:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9017 ... 7ettfl.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

Well, this topic now seems about Nazis and Jews, peacefully side by side.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1ovnmo.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Guest wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Do you think we make the world more diverse by allowing cougars or other endangered species to die out?
No.

Now - are you arguing that we make the world more diverse by making Israel more monocultural?
To the extent you can call any number of Jews > 1 monocultural, yes.

Israel was created to give the Jews a homeland.

If it matters, I very much favor a two state solution, but one of those states should be allowed to retain its Jewish identity. Having a Jewish identity does not mean there are no Catholics, Muslims, Arabs, Atheists there, but it does mean having and encouraging a Jewish majority.

Catholics have a Vatican City.
Moslems have a Mecca.
Atheists have Las Vegas (joke)
Jews have Israel.
SJWs can go to hell.

Israel was created to give the Jews a homeland.

Why is that now a problem for the world?

Will that homeland still "exist" if the world now demands Israel not be allowed to retain its Jewish identity?

"Well, we're not saying Israel can't exist, we're just saying you have to have open immigration to all populations, with preferences to no religions. Why do you think this is a plan to eliminate Israel as a Jewish homeland?"
I never understood that need. I mean, Miami Beach seemed to work rather well.

goddamn 'nym

Post by goddamn 'nym »

Git wrote:
goddamn 'nym wrote:Yes nation states are racist concepts that need to die out. To the extent they de facto exist today they certainly are allowed to restrict who does what within their borders limited obviously by international conventions.
Tell you what, go tell Pakistan and India that. Or Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia. And when Pakistan and India, and Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia have lived together peacefully for say a century in one giant borderless state, then we can move onto the Middle East, ok?
Today 502m citizens of the European Union have the right to freely travel to and take up residency in any other member state. I think we can make the world a less racially segregated place. But only if we at least try.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Git wrote:What I really want to know, is whether a circumcised penis is better at driving nails into a block of wood then an uncircumsized penis...
In my experience, mushroom does a decent job of nailing thin-to-medium-thick broads. It's a hardwood, of the deflowering variety. You'll have to check with anteaters for their experience reports.
QFT. The Pit really IS a hotbed of misogyny.

John D

Post by John D »

bhoytony wrote:Yes, but they are still children's toys, so I got the main facts right.
Indeed... the first "war game" was written by H. G. Wells (you know... the Time Machine dood) and was titled "Little Wars". It was published in 1913. He was an avid toy soldier collector and he played the game in his library with his pals. Games are enjoyed best when the players make explosion and bullet sounds to match the action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Wars

You can download a copy from Gutenberg since there is no copyright left.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3691/3691-h/3691-h.htm

Part of his game included rolling marbles to knock down enemy soldiers. This feature of war gaming is now strickly off limits since some people spend thousands of dollars and thousands of hours building their army.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

debaser71 wrote: Also I know a few people who did that free Israel trip. They told me stories of being in hotel room indoctrination seminars. Doesn't really sound as "free" as some people say. Sure you get to go to Israel and stuff but they make you do shit. But this is pure 100% hearsay. I never cared enough to look it up or anything.
So, basically, it's the whole "free trip/condo" scam done at the national level?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Maybe I'm just strange, but I just don't get these type of things:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/ ... ed-suffer/

Brayton wants people to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fund-raiser, and as a bonus, if they make the target Ed will do something strange. Like Matt wearing a dress or painting his beard pink. It's just weird to me - psychologically, why not just donate because it is a good cause? Why this need to make people do odd or humiliating stuff as a bonus - I'm not sure I can articulate my thoughts right now, but it just seems strange. It's like people won't donate unless they get something, which usually involves humiliating (in a non-humiliating since they agreed to it) way - maybe an attempt at humor as a reward, but...I guess it just doesn't seem altruistic - it's not the satisfaction of helping, it's getting a more tangible reward. But some of the comments are just ... ugh... I hope that some are just really humor and not intended seriously:
Become vegan for a month.
Watch every Star Trek movie, and live blog them.
Read all of the twilight series and write a blog book report on each.
Karaoke. Dressed as a mormon missionary singing Queen’s I want to be free. And obviously we would need video proof.
Attend a Celine Dion concert.
Shave something into your head. Whoever donates the most picks what.
Create a Google Hangout where anyone who’s donated can participate with you live as you watch “Carrot Top: Rocks Las Vegas.”
I know where I can hit him hard: he must grill and eat tofu.
Wear the Gaga meat dress.
A vegetarian month.
Live blog LSD trip.
Shirtless and dressed in leopard-print pants, you and PZ both lip-synch to “I’m Sexy And I Know It” before a live audience.
Especially the last one. :shock:

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

EdwardGemmer wrote:
JackRayner wrote:[ :lol:
You know, the internet is just full of amazing. I had never heard of ElevatorGate until late last year, and now I'm just finding out about DickWolfGate, which may even be a bigger event and more of a controversy over nothing.
You mean the guy who created Law and Order?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

John D wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Yes, but they are still children's toys, so I got the main facts right.
Indeed... the first "war game" was written by H. G. Wells (you know... the Time Machine dood) and was titled "Little Wars". It was published in 1913. He was an avid toy soldier collector and he played the game in his library with his pals. Games are enjoyed best when the players make explosion and bullet sounds to match the action.

Part of his game included rolling marbles to knock down enemy soldiers. This feature of war gaming is now strickly off limits since some people spend thousands of dollars and thousands of hours building their army.
I always found it was more exciting when playing with my toy soldiers to squirt them with lighter fluid and chuck a match at them. Of course I was about eight years old, but you should try it.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

bhoytony wrote:
John D wrote:

I always found it was more exciting when playing with my toy soldiers to squirt them with lighter fluid and chuck a match at them. Of course I was about eight years old, but you should try it.
Then piss on them to put it out.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

Git wrote: No, I'm the resident contrarian!

[youtube]kQFKtI6gn9Y[/youtube]
No, I am, you stupid git!

(And may I point out, you have been sorely slacking on your contrarian duties! Humph.)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

The Pit is quite hilarious when it's bored.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Inglourious Basterds was a good movie.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

goddamn 'nym wrote:
Git wrote:
goddamn 'nym wrote:Yes nation states are racist concepts that need to die out. To the extent they de facto exist today they certainly are allowed to restrict who does what within their borders limited obviously by international conventions.
Tell you what, go tell Pakistan and India that. Or Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia. And when Pakistan and India, and Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia have lived together peacefully for say a century in one giant borderless state, then we can move onto the Middle East, ok?
Today 502m citizens of the European Union have the right to freely travel to and take up residency in any other member state. I think we can make the world a less racially segregated place. But only if we at least try.
Thought bubble -- How diverse America would be if only Canada would allow us free access. A girl can dream, can't she?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Badger3k wrote:Maybe I'm just strange, but I just don't get these type of things:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/ ... ed-suffer/

Brayton wants people to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fund-raiser, and as a bonus, if they make the target Ed will do something strange. Like Matt wearing a dress or painting his beard pink. It's just weird to me - psychologically, why not just donate because it is a good cause? Why this need to make people do odd or humiliating stuff as a bonus - I'm not sure I can articulate my thoughts right now, but it just seems strange. It's like people won't donate unless they get something, which usually involves humiliating (in a non-humiliating since they agreed to it) way - maybe an attempt at humor as a reward, but...I guess it just doesn't seem altruistic - it's not the satisfaction of helping, it's getting a more tangible reward. But some of the comments are just ... ugh... I hope that some are just really humor and not intended seriously:
I think there's a bit of the Don't Throw Me In The Briar Patch about this sort of thing. You know they really want to do these things, but want an excuse. Reminds me of the wankers in my local rugby club and their hilarious Dress Up As Women thing. The rugby club is having a party, let's Dress Up As Women. We are having a fund raising day, let's Dress Up As Women. It's Christmas, let's Dress Up As Women. We're collecting for charity, let's Dress Up As Women. I don't know why they just don't come out of the closet.

Git

Post by Git »

bovarchist wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Git wrote:What I really want to know, is whether a circumcised penis is better at driving nails into a block of wood then an uncircumsized penis...
In my experience, mushroom does a decent job of nailing thin-to-medium-thick broads. It's a hardwood, of the deflowering variety. You'll have to check with anteaters for their experience reports.
QFT. The Pit really IS a hotbed of misogyny.
Least he didn't mention breads:

http://www.davidbordwell.net/blog/wp-co ... -nails.jpg

Git

Post by Git »

yomomma wrote:
Git wrote: No, I'm the resident contrarian!

[youtube]kQFKtI6gn9Y[/youtube]
No, I am, you stupid git!

(And may I point out, you have been sorely slacking on your contrarian duties! Humph.)
Absolutely. I've been having a bit of a life.

You're doing good work though. Carry on.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

JackRayner wrote:Inglourious Basterds was a good movie.
I didn't like the way each half of the story rendered the other meaningless.

Git

Post by Git »

bhoytony wrote:
Git wrote:
goddamn 'nym wrote:
Yes nation states are racist concepts that need to die out. To the extent they de facto exist today they certainly are allowed to restrict who does what within their borders limited obviously by international conventions.
Ha ha, I knew you couldn't resist. It was only a matter of time.
Bastard!

Well, I didn't mention the I word or the P word.

Well, not the non-India I word and the non-Pakistan P word at least.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

An article in the Daily Fail about Grand Theft Auto V's cutting parody of Facebook and Twitter

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Also, alyone else see these yet?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh! I accidentally left this one out:

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

AndrewV69 wrote:Oh! I accidentally left this one out:
And that's the bit that's still frustrating, as he is yet to acknowledge that a large of proportion of those he has been "lumped in with" are no more "harassers" than he is.

But I'm not going to set up a Twitter account to say that to him.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

EdwardGemmer wrote:
JackRayner wrote:[ :lol:
You know, the internet is just full of amazing. I had never heard of ElevatorGate until late last year, and now I'm just finding out about DickWolfGate, which may even be a bigger event and more of a controversy over nothing.
Yeah you really missed out. There were so many rage tears. To Marcotte's credit, she thought the whole thing silly, and a misinterpretation of the comic's joke.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma wrote:For anyone whining about not having an edit button, I'd like to point out that there IS a preview button.

Don't like it? Fuck you up the Robin!
http://i.imgur.com/NXHhcBX.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dave2 wrote:
And that's the bit that's still frustrating, as he is yet to acknowledge that a large of proportion of those he has been "lumped in with" are no more "harassers" than he is.
Then you missed the tweet he made immediately after that statement.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

deLurch wrote:Then you missed the tweet he made immediately after that statement.
So I did - well good for him on that then. :)

goddamn 'nym

Post by goddamn 'nym »

yomomma wrote:
goddamn 'nym wrote:
Git wrote: Tell you what, go tell Pakistan and India that. Or Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia. And when Pakistan and India, and Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia have lived together peacefully for say a century in one giant borderless state, then we can move onto the Middle East, ok?
Thought bubble -- How diverse America would be if only Canada would allow us free access. A girl can dream, can't she?
Serbia has started the EU membership process. Croatia became the 28th member in the middle of this year. Bosnia and Herzegovina is working with the EU to prepare its membership application. Upon joining they are legally obliged to join the Schengen area. It is very likely that by 2020 there will be free movement, free residency and no border control between these countries.

While you ridicule the possibility of resolving seemingly intractable conflicts other people are getting shit done.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

bovarchist wrote:
JackRayner wrote:Inglourious Basterds was a good movie.
I didn't like the way each half of the story rendered the other meaningless.
Well, it did seem like at least the Basterd's mission would have succeeded without the theatre fire.

Unless I'm missing something.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

goddamn 'nym wrote:
Git wrote:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

goddamn 'nym wrote:Serbia has started the EU membership process. Croatia became the 28th member in the middle of this year. Bosnia and Herzegovina is working with the EU to prepare its membership application. Upon joining they are legally obliged to join the Schengen area. It is very likely that by 2020 there will be free movement, free residency and no border control between these countries.

While you ridicule the possibility of resolving seemingly intractable conflicts other people are getting shit done.
Serbs = Serbian Orthodox Church
Croats = Catholic
Bosnia = Muslims

There is a heck of a lot of hate going on in that part of the world. One of the few reasons Serbia is still playing nice is because they want EU membership. Serbs kind of hate the Bosnia population because from their point of view, they reproduce like rabbits and have taken over Serbian land.

The tl;dr version of events is that the Balkins have always been at the bloody border between the Christian kingdoms & the invading Muslim world. Most of the Muslim Bosnias are Serbs who were forced to convert to being Muslim, or else they would have had to give up their first born to fight in the Muslim armies.

I spoke to a Bosnia Muslim man who ended up knowingly exchanging fire with his Serb childhood friend in the woods. I would like to think they were missing each other on purpose. But who knows. They are friends again. But it is a awkward kind of peace. I imagine it is kind of difficult to schulf off killing each other's friends and family. They all have to play nice for the UN peace keepers.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

I've only lived in two US states, and never in Canada, but isn't the US much more racially diverse than Canada in the first place? I'm asking from an ingorant personal perspective, admittedly.

welch

Post by welch »

Dave2 wrote:

But I'm not going to set up a Twitter account to say that to him.
Oh, watching Silverman try to rationally deal with those yobs is the best thing i've seen on twitter in a while. I'd feel bad for him, but he begged for this to happen so hard, why take that away from him?

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Ugh, yeah the Balkans on the other hand...It's like all of the rest of Europe pre-WW2. Just ethnic/religious/cultural hatred all around. There's a reason the word "balkanization" means fragmention and divinesness.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

http://www.cphpost.dk/sites/default/fil ... ten_01.jpg

Apparently talking about Muslim men in general can get you convicted of racism according to this article about a Danish-Iranian artist convicted of racism
A Danish-Iranian artist was found guilty of racism by the Western High Court on Monday for statements she made about Muslim men.
I dunno about you folks, but I am having some serious difficulties making sense out of this.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

LurkerPerson wrote:I've only lived in two US states, and never in Canada, but isn't the US much more racially diverse than Canada in the first place? I'm asking from an ingorant personal perspective, admittedly.

Where I live it's like KKK heaven. There are a few East Indian folks around, and like, two blacks! I don't think a black person was even seen in the area until like 10 or 15 years ago.

Git

Post by Git »

LurkerPerson wrote:Ugh, yeah the Balkans on the other hand...It's like all of the rest of Europe pre-WW2. Just ethnic/religious/cultural hatred all around. There's a reason the word "balkanization" means fragmention and divinesness.
Its also a heck of a good scoring word or two in Scrabble.

windy

Post by windy »

yomomma wrote:Question: How many people here consider themselves "skeptics"? As in, pro-science, objective analysis, testing bias, application of scientific method...etc.?

Just curious. I know not everyone has come here from various skeptic communities, so what other communities have some of you come from?
I'm for science, objective analysis, testing bias, application of scientific method... as in the scientific community. Nothing wrong with skeptics but aren't they more like science's groupies?
http://lh5.ggpht.com/qnxqKrHfM9nQvU5ddG ... QbF_AM=s96

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

LurkerPerson wrote:I've only lived in two US states, and never in Canada, but isn't the US much more racially diverse than Canada in the first place? I'm asking from an ingorant personal perspective, admittedly.
Yes, because they're racists. (insert sarc)

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

windy wrote:Nothing wrong with skeptics but aren't they more like science's groupies?
Pretty much, but why is that a troll?

Git

Post by Git »

You may have seen this before, but if not:

http://studioknow.com/wp-content/upload ... -chart.jpg

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

http://www.cphpost.dk/sites/default/fil ... ten_01.jpg

Apparently talking about Muslim men in general can get you convicted of racism according to this article about a Danish-Iranian artist convicted of racism
A Danish-Iranian artist was found guilty of racism by the Western High Court on Monday for statements she made about Muslim men.
I dunno about you folks, but I am having some serious difficulties making sense out of this.
Hm. Didn't know they didn't have freedom of speech in Denmark.

Anywho, I had to go and find another article on my own to read about it. Your link was giving me shit.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

another lurker wrote:

Where I live it's like KKK heaven. There are a few East Indian folks around, and like, two blacks! I don't think a black person was even seen in the area until like 10 or 15 years ago.
True, I think that's a testament to how diverse US states can be. I lived in Cali and Florida, both coastal states with a rather large proportion of immigrants, probably not representative of interior US states. If it wasn't for the federales I think the US would probably "balkanize" into diverse cultural and ethnic enclaves.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

@LurkerPerson

I should have specified, I am from rural Canada.

Our big cities are quite diverse - Vancouver, for example, has a large population of Asians.

Rural Canada is probably a lot like rural USA, I would assume - lots of ignorant white folk.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

https://twitter.com/Matt_Dillahunty

Matt has apparently found out about Silverman and the A+ Block Bot. But he's even more of a pussy confronting them than Silverman.

"By all means, block whoever you want for whatever reason, but please please please, stop using the A+ name and official banner! It makes me feel sad to support A+ and have you guys acting like jackbooted thugs."

At least he told them they should add him to the bot.

Hopefully Silverman asking uncomfortable questions about how many innocent people (innocent of being bigots, misogynists and harassers) are blocked by the BB will wake him up a bit on what they're all about. But they can always lie, and thus far that seems to be a viable strategy.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Strangely enough asians seem to integrate rather well in "white" majority areas, from my experience in Cali. In Paris there have been chinese and indian neihborhoods for quite a while now, with none of the other problems associated with maghreb and arab neighborhoods (maghbred/berber being very different from arab, even between moroccocans, algerians, tunisians and lybians there are alrady massive cultural differences).

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Yes, a lot of typos in previous post, I blame the fascist tit for no edit.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Urban Canada is just as diverse as if not more diverse than the US. The main difference is that there aren't many black or hispanic people.

Voryn

Post by Voryn »

I like how @HereticalHomo, who looks to be on the BlockBot's Council of Twelve, refers to themselves as "One of those Atheism+ cunts."

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JackRayner wrote:By the way, Lsuoma, while trying to make that last reply, I had to change the Tumblr address to a freezepage one because it kept giving me this:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... f94608.png

When I made the original post, with the Tumblr blog URL, it didn't give me any shit.

Any clue what this is about? It's not the first time this has happened in exactly the same fashion. I posted a link to that "Dallas" dude's Tumblr post where he was claiming he was raped by Shermer, which went through fine, but then got that same message when trying to reply to a post that had quoted my post with the link in it. It's strange. My ISP is Verizon, by the by...
For some reason tumblr ended up on a spam blacklist - it might have been someone false-flagging tumblr. I'll reduce the weight of spameating monkey to see whether that clears it.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

another lurker wrote:@LurkerPerson

I should have specified, I am from rural Canada.

Our big cities are quite diverse - Vancouver, for example, has a large population of Asians.

Rural Canada is probably a lot like rural USA, I would assume - lots of ignorant white folk.
However, the U.S. is more ethnically diverse no matter how you slice it.

Canada's white population is around 90%, while the U.S. white population is around 67% (based on 2006 numbers). The only significant ethnic group in Canada are Asians, as you've mentioned, but really, nobody cares about them.

windy

Post by windy »

yomomma wrote:
windy wrote:Nothing wrong with skeptics but aren't they more like science's groupies?
Pretty much, but why is that a troll?
Because skeptics don't actually throw their underwear at us (pity, conferences would be more exciting)