Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by AndrewV69 »

LurkerPerson wrote:I've only lived in two US states, and never in Canada, but isn't the US much more racially diverse than Canada in the first place? I'm asking from an ingorant personal perspective, admittedly.
Last I head Whites were a minority in urban areas like the Greater Toronto Area. The issue to me is that we were not selective enough in our diversity. Mixing groups that have a history with each other like Hindus, Sikhs, Sunni and Shia is just setting the stage for sectarian violence in the future.

Salim Mansur agrees with me about one aspect of immigration, here he talks about the 'delectable lie' of multiculturalism
"The idea that all cultures are equal is an absurdity! Where does this idea come from? In five thousand years of history, no civilization has claimed all cultures are equal, because what would be the independent, objective standards by which one would make that claim?"

Liberal democracy, says Mansur, is the only culture to make this claim, and liberal democracy itself is a culture that had to be fought for and defended. "Liberal democracy is based on the idea of freedom and individual rights," explained Mansur. "And when you import the idea of multiculturalism, then you are placing an equal emphasis on group identity, or collectivism.
Did I mention that Mansur is a practising Muslim? In any event he has tried to tell the powers that be that they are fucking up. See this entry Close the borders to Muslim immigrants: Salim Mansur’s House of Commons testimony.

This is a direct link to what he said at the Parlimentary Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration so you can see for yourself.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

yomomma said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 23#p131123):
However, the U.S. is more ethnically diverse no matter how you slice it.
Bullshit. On what do you base that?
Canada's white population is around 90%
!!! I doubt that very much. Again, on what do you base that?
The only significant ethnic group in Canada are Asians
Where on earth are you coming up with this nosense you're spewing? And yet again, on what do you base such nonsense?

goddamn 'nym

Post by goddamn 'nym »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
goddamn 'nym wrote: I urge you to gain a better understanding of Nazi Germany than the simplistic black/white, good vs. evil nonsense. If you think any society is immune to this gradual process of institutionalized racism you missed an opportunity to learn from history.
The spadework was done over centuries by the Catlicks and Lutherans. The final push was not gradual, though. It didn't take very long at all for the Nazis to subvert morality to the point where genocide was so matter of fact.
When was genocide publicly discussed in Nazi Germany? It is one thing to assert that people were willfully ignorant or indifferent as the smoke was rising from the concentration camps. But there was no publicly stated policy of gassing people.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:I grew up in apartheid South Africa so I know very well how mistaken simplistic black/white assessments are, but when it comes to genocide on the Nazi scale I don't think that gradual subversion of the adult population can explain it. The next generation, maybe, but not subversion of people who had formed their morality before Hitler took power.
The gradual acceleration of persecution in Nazi Germany is a matter of public record.
goddamn 'nym wrote: Also the main avenue for immigration to Israel has been the Law of Return to which the DNA test applies. Things on your list like "being born in the British Mandate of Palestine prior to the creation of Israel" are obviously silly. There are many Palestinians in the refugee camps that still have the keys and deeds to their homes and keep insisting on their right to return for decades without success. Meanwhile some person with superior DNA has a "Right to return" to a place his/her family has never lived in. Don't you think this is an injustice?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:If you are talking about a race of people historically and maybe contemporarily persecuted on the basis of their race then it isn't really all that unreasonable to give them access to a homeland and being a tiny country means that they have to be selective. Of course there is some injustice in the plight of the Palestinians. However, the Palestinian leadership bears a lot of responsibility for the way that they have deliberately kept the exiles in camps and made it almost impossible for the Israelis to make concessions without serious risk. Not to mention that many of those Palestinians left Israel of their own volition because Arab radio broadcasts frightened them into fleeing with lies about Israeli atrocities during one of the Arab/Israeli wars (6 day effort, I think). It's an unfortunate fact (at least IMO) that righteousness has little bearing on policy once such conflicts are underway because there are enough bitter and hateful people to make coexistence very risky. When violence breaks out people are going to stick with their own out of fear even if it goes against their nature. Anyway, you could argue that the racial aspect is a response to widespread anti-semitism.
I am sure there are tons of "good reasons" why these individuals should be deprived of their homes. However Human Rights don't come with footnotes and they are not conditional on actions of political groups. You can check for yourself:

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/
UDHR wrote: Article 9.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodus was not a matter of 6 days btw.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

welch wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Oh! I accidentally left this one out:
And that's the bit that's still frustrating, as he is yet to acknowledge that a large of proportion of those he has been "lumped in with" are no more "harassers" than he is.

But I'm not going to set up a Twitter account to say that to him.
Oh, watching Silverman try to rationally deal with those yobs is the best thing i've seen on twitter in a while. I'd feel bad for him, but he begged for this to happen so hard, why take that away from him?
It's a matter of time before Silverman becomes an official enemy. The baboons already have it out for him.
UnknownEric the Apostate

19 September 2013 at 10:05 am (UTC -5)

PSA: David Silverman is NOT our ally. Please check out his current Twitter meltdown.
Walton

19 September 2013 at 10:36 am (UTC -5)

PSA: David Silverman is NOT our ally. Please check out his current Twitter meltdown.

I’ve never been particularly impressed by him. I remember his speech at the Reason Rally, which involved shouting “WE’RE THE MARINES OF ATHEISM!!!!” at the top of his voice. *sigh*

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

yomomma wrote: Thought bubble -- How diverse America would be if only Canada would allow us free access. A girl can dream, can't she?
Actually there is fear in some quarters that if things get too much worse down there we are facing the prospect of Americans fleeing into Canukistan in the first place, never mind granting free access.

Some of us are quite happy with things the way they are. We do not mind some tourists, and are quite happy to trade goods*, but the prospect of large numbers of American coming to live here full time is a frightening prospect.

* Actually the way this works is pretty much like any other 3rd world country. We export the raw materials, and import finished product. Most local manufacturing industry is done by "screwdriver", by assembling high value parts mainly made outside the country and mixed with low value parts made locally. Also, among other things, major and significant economic activity is centred around branch offices of multinationals which outnumber any local firms in scope and scale with some exceptions.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JackRayner wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

<chopitty chop>

Apparently talking about Muslim men in general can get you convicted of racism according to this article about a Danish-Iranian artist convicted of racism
A Danish-Iranian artist was found guilty of racism by the Western High Court on Monday for statements she made about Muslim men.
I dunno about you folks, but I am having some serious difficulties making sense out of this.
Hm. Didn't know they didn't have freedom of speech in Denmark.

Anywho, I had to go and find another article on my own to read about it. Your link was giving me shit.
*cough*

Your link is the same as my link and now having reread it I am no more enlightened that I was before.

Just saying.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

John Greg wrote:yomomma said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 23#p131123):
On this: http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.c ... jtincZwrm4

Do you have data that proves otherwise?
yomomma wrote:Canada's white population is around 90%
John Greg wrote:!!! I doubt that very much. Again, on what do you base that?
See above. You think it's wrong? Show me some data that proves otherwise.
yomomma wrote:The only significant ethnic group in Canada are Asians
John Greg wrote:Where on earth are you coming up with this nosense you're spewing? And yet again, on what do you base such nonsense?
Nonsense? Really? That's funny that you use all these personal attacks and yet offer zero evidence to the contrary.

So what is the most significant ethnic group in Canada then? And why on earth are you being defensive about it? Because Canada is America's hat?

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

AndrewV69 wrote: Some of us are quite happy with things the way they are. We do not mind some tourists, and are quite happy to trade goods*, but the prospect of large numbers of American coming to live here full time is a frightening prospect.
Racist!

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

John Greg wrote:yomomma said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 23#p131123):
Where on earth are you coming up with this nosense you're spewing? And yet again, on what do you base such nonsense?
SlymePit Baboonery.

welch

Post by welch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
welch wrote:
Dave2 wrote: And that's the bit that's still frustrating, as he is yet to acknowledge that a large of proportion of those he has been "lumped in with" are no more "harassers" than he is.

But I'm not going to set up a Twitter account to say that to him.
Oh, watching Silverman try to rationally deal with those yobs is the best thing i've seen on twitter in a while. I'd feel bad for him, but he begged for this to happen so hard, why take that away from him?
It's a matter of time before Silverman becomes an official enemy. The baboons already have it out for him.
UnknownEric the Apostate

Walton

I’ve never been particularly impressed by him. I remember his speech at the Reason Rally, which involved shouting “WE’RE THE MARINES OF ATHEISM!!!!” at the top of his voice. *sigh*
Everyone wants to be special.

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

AndrewV69 wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

<chopitty chop>

Apparently talking about Muslim men in general can get you convicted of racism according to this article about a Danish-Iranian artist convicted of racism

I dunno about you folks, but I am having some serious difficulties making sense out of this.
Hm. Didn't know they didn't have freedom of speech in Denmark.

Anywho, I had to go and find another article on my own to read about it. Your link was giving me shit.
*cough*

Your link is the same as my link and now having reread it I am no more enlightened that I was before.

Just saying.
I keep getting this when I click your link, even now:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... 16bd7f.png

I didn't know/couldn't have known they were the same article [or even same site], since I couldn't get in, and I didn't bother looking at the URL. Anyways, even thought it's the same site, the links are different. Note:

Yours: /national/danish-iranian-artist-convicted-racism
Mine: /national/artist-convicted-racism-speaks-out

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

welch wrote:
But if everyone is special, then no one is.

Southern

Post by Southern »

goddamn 'nym wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Last I heard Netanyahu may require DNA tests to prove immigrants have a Jewish ‘bloodline’ so I would say some Jews subscribe to this notion.
Always heart warming to see someone fight for racial purity. And like with everything Israel its also really high-tech, not like the old Aryan certificates.

But would Jews from antiquity actually pass? I thought these distinct genetic groups only developed once they settled as smaller groups outside Israel.
Is that true? Because if it, then we found someone that is more hypocritical than PeeZus & friends.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

yomomma wrote: However, the U.S. is more ethnically diverse no matter how you slice it.

Canada's white population is around 90%, while the U.S. white population is around 67% (based on 2006 numbers). The only significant ethnic group in Canada are Asians, as you've mentioned, but really, nobody cares about them.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, 81% of Canada are white. 3% First Nations, 4% South Asian, 3.7% Chinese, 2.7% Black.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

LurkerPerson wrote:Yes, a lot of typos in previous post, I blame the fascist tit for no edit.
If you registered, you'd have editing capability.

This would be your User Control Panel:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... f68003.jpg

The only catch is when you register you have to PM Lsuoma to activate it, and from what I understand he approves it on a case-by-case basis. I think you have to have at least 100 posts, for starters.

Stunt Whisper

Post by Stunt Whisper »

yomomma wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
yomomma wrote:Those racist, awful Jewish fuckers!

Actually, from what I understand, Netanyahu is requiring DNA for "Birthright Israel" trips, which is an ALL EXPENSE PAID trip to Israel, including room and board, for the offspring of parents with a Jewish heritage. Tell me why that is unreasonable or racist?

Seems there are just as many conspiracy theorists here as skeptics, if not more.
Well as to whether or not it's unreasonable is down to context, but it seems to me objectively racist (even if it's relatively "benign") to say that members of one race are deserving of treatment that members of other races are not.
So, Israel should offer everyone in the world an all expense, free trip to Israel in order to not be racist? Okay.
Could all of you fuck off to the Israel thread please?

welch

Post by welch »

yomomma wrote:
On this: http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.c ... jtincZwrm4

Do you have data that proves otherwise?
yomomma wrote:Canada's white population is around 90%
John Greg wrote:!!! I doubt that very much. Again, on what do you base that?
See above. You think it's wrong? Show me some data that proves otherwise.
yomomma wrote:The only significant ethnic group in Canada are Asians
John Greg wrote:Where on earth are you coming up with this nosense you're spewing? And yet again, on what do you base such nonsense?
Nonsense? Really? That's funny that you use all these personal attacks and yet offer zero evidence to the contrary.

So what is the most significant ethnic group in Canada then? And why on earth are you being defensive about it? Because Canada is America's hat?
I was going to say that if you don't stop talking all mean and hurty at people, you're going to get called a baboon, but that already happened.

you can also compare the demographics entries in Wikipedia and you get about the same thing. In terms of ethnic origin, Canada is pretty much honkieville, FAR more than the US, either in raw numbers or a percentage.

That's not good or bad, just a reflection of the history and heritage of both countries. Canada shares nothing resembling a border with any hispanic country, the US shares a rather large one with Mexico, and we're really close to many others. Getting to Canada by sea is limited based on season, while the US has a plethora of warm-water ports. The US jump-started its black population via Slavery, whereas Canada didn't.

There's a host of historical and cultural factors that play into this, and none of them speak badly of canada. Canada is predominately white as a country. That changes in different localities, but overall, yeah, honkies of the north.

But welcome to the baboons club. We have pie. Punkin' pie.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

windy wrote:
yomomma wrote:
windy wrote:Nothing wrong with skeptics but aren't they more like science's groupies?
http://lh5.ggpht.com/qnxqKrHfM9nQvU5ddG ... QbF_AM=s96
Pretty much, but why is that a troll?
Because skeptics don't actually throw their underwear at us (pity, conferences would be more exciting)
Would you really want Penn Jillette throwing his underwear at you anyway?

welch

Post by welch »

yomomma wrote:
welch wrote:
But if everyone is special, then no one is.
now you're just being logical.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
windy wrote:
yomomma wrote:
Pretty much, but why is that a troll?
Because skeptics don't actually throw their underwear at us (pity, conferences would be more exciting)
Would you really want Penn Jillette throwing his underwear at you anyway?
and if Brayton threw his underwear, it could wipe out a major chunk of TAM!

(wait, would that be bad?)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Stunt Whisper wrote:
yomomma wrote: <snip>
So, Israel should offer everyone in the world an all expense, free trip to Israel in order to not be racist? Okay.
Could you please change your avatar GIF - at least its update frequency?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

JAB

Post by JAB »

yomomma wrote:
another lurker wrote:@LurkerPerson

I should have specified, I am from rural Canada.

Our big cities are quite diverse - Vancouver, for example, has a large population of Asians.

Rural Canada is probably a lot like rural USA, I would assume - lots of ignorant white folk.

Canada's white population is around 90%, while the U.S. white population is around 67% (based on 2006 numbers). The only significant ethnic group in Canada are Asians, as you've mentioned, but really, nobody cares about them.
Wow... I think the Parti Quebecois would have a thing or two to say about white being a single ethnicity. The only way you get the US being only 67% white I bet is by continuing the fiction that hispanics aren't white. I imagine the us born hispanics are far more cuturally like the other whites than the french canadians are like the english canadians culturally.

My sense when I'm down in Toronto is that the population is about a quarter each of white, east asian, south asian and black.

We also, I think, have a larger first nations population than the us, and they're very diverse all on their own.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Steersman wrote:
Stunt Whisper wrote:
Do you want it to go faster?

Southern

Post by Southern »

Guest wrote:the Nazis used to race to kill people the Israelis use race to allow another avenue of entry to Israel.
Duh. But it wasn't to kill them that Charlie Chaplin and his cronies instituted those laws in Tromania. It was to easily identify them, you see, so their right to be Jews could be preserved. Nobody is talking about gassing anyone in 1936, no! We're civilized people, we're just protecting everyone under the Reich's banner! Weel, except Jews, they cannot use the Reich's banners because they're really not Tromanians, but they'll have their rights respected. C'mon, it's Charlie Chaplin saying that, would you not trust Charlie Chaplin?

All those discriminatory laws can have bullshit defenses on the first draft, when "it's just to allow ______, not to kill people, no sire" it's the norm. Cue a couple of years later...

DISCLAIMER: The Nazis may not have been led by the real Charlie Chaplin, but by one of his impersonators.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

LurkerPerson wrote:I've only lived in two US states, and never in Canada, but isn't the US much more racially diverse than Canada in the first place? I'm asking from an ingorant personal perspective, admittedly.
Not when you remember that in Canada, hockey teams are considered races. Don't laugh, we riot over this shit.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Canada's 2006 census puts visible minority population at 5.3 million, between 15 and 20% of the population. As visible minority populations have been growing, this number would be higher today.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Tony Parsehole wrote:The Pit is quite hilarious when it's bored.
Almost as entertaining as baboon watching. Name The Whitest Country is starting to get interesting. :popcorn:

Southern

Post by Southern »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/Q6KUhkU.jpg
Oh, oolon, you charming little troll, you. Now even Matt "A+ banned me, but it's alright" Dilahaunty is against you. Congratulations, you imbecile.

:popcorn:

JAB

Post by JAB »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
yomomma wrote: However, the U.S. is more ethnically diverse no matter how you slice it.

According to the 2011 National Household Survey, 81% of Canada are white. 3% First Nations, 4% South Asian, 3.7% Chinese, 2.7% Black.
Is that the population, or the citizenry? There are a lot of recent imigrants (first generation) and not all of the landed imigrants ever take out citizenship and most of those are non white. This would be especially true of places like Toronto and Vancouver.

I'll go off and check the web site.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Guest wrote:Silverman just retweeted Ophie attesting that he's not a "harrasser." Can someone PLEASE work their way into one of the Silverman Twitter threads and remind Mr. Silverman about the "more will be named" tumblr?
You know your life is sad when you're going to Ophelia Fucking Benson for validation of your character.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Chill girl. Gender traitor. Sister punisher.

She obviously needs to be sentenced to a Skepchick re-education camp, so she can learn to whine about the important issues, like not being able to flout the rules and sell prohibited merchandise at conventions.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:
bhoytony wrote: <snip>

It's just like PeeZus. When he was being a complete cock to creationists nobody gave a fuck. Now he's aiming his shit in our direction, it's suddenly not cool. Marcotte is a cunt, end of story.
Yes, she is. I ignore a lot of her shit. Ever since I became aware of the 'pit, and what she was all about, I took everything she said with a grain of salt. However, she just wrote an article about how pro-lifers are absolute fuckheads for comparing abortion to the holocaust and slavery. IMO, it's common sense that abortion does not = genocide. ....
But from their point-of-view – fetuses having the rights of personhood – abortion qualifies as murder. In which case, and from that POV, “the 44 million abortions … performed globally each year” easily qualifies as genocide.

I don’t think that that premise, that assumption, holds all that much water, but, logically speaking, I don’t see that it is all that less tenable than the contrary position – both are, in effect, articles of faith. In such cases, I find the only way off the horns of the dilemma is to consider other factors, the social costs being, I think, the most important one. Sort of a case of triage – somewhat of a tragedy, but a necessary choice.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:

According to the post I referenced though, Canada classifies their people differently than the U.S. Honestly, I'm not sure what the ramifications are, or why the two census' can't be compared accurately. Even in the link you provided, it does say the survey is voluntary and doesn't appear to ask about race. I guess Canada bases their minorities on where they are from. In the U.S., the census is mandatory, and we do ask about race. What does it all mean? I don't know. But the two countries compile their statistics differently.

But even if the survey you posted is accurate, it still supports the fact that the U.S. is much more racially diverse by comparison and that Asians are the most significant "visible minority" per the link you provided.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

James Caruthers wrote:https://twitter.com/Matt_Dillahunty

Matt has apparently found out about Silverman and the A+ Block Bot. But he's even more of a pussy confronting them than Silverman.

"By all means, block whoever you want for whatever reason, but please please please, stop using the A+ name and official banner! It makes me feel sad to support A+ and have you guys acting like jackbooted thugs."

At least he told them they should add him to the bot.

Hopefully Silverman asking uncomfortable questions about how many innocent people (innocent of being bigots, misogynists and harassers) are blocked by the BB will wake him up a bit on what they're all about. But they can always lie, and thus far that seems to be a viable strategy.
I added Dillahunty to the Silverman tweets and asked them, what else they need to see the issues with Atheism Plus. I alluded to Dillahunty's experience with the forum, where he got banned (officially for sock-puppetry). He then apparently woke up and realized that for most people A+ isn't the idea, but that forum and block bot, and then went on and made a series of tweets where he clarified his point (he likes the bullet points of A+ like many of do, but doesn't agree to bot and forum). Well, poor Matt.

It tells me he barely scratched the surface, since the bullet points are agreeable to many people in principle but everyone who interacted with A+ proponents knows, they are misleading — since the actual views are along the lines of 2nd wave Radical Feminism, modernized.

Stunt Whisper

Post by Stunt Whisper »

Steersman wrote:
Stunt Whisper wrote:
You want faster thrusting or a different image?

Southern

Post by Southern »

goddamn 'nym wrote:
Git wrote:
goddamn 'nym wrote:Yes nation states are racist concepts that need to die out. To the extent they de facto exist today they certainly are allowed to restrict who does what within their borders limited obviously by international conventions.
Tell you what, go tell Pakistan and India that. Or Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia. And when Pakistan and India, and Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia have lived together peacefully for say a century in one giant borderless state, then we can move onto the Middle East, ok?
Today 502m citizens of the European Union have the right to freely travel to and take up residency in any other member state. I think we can make the world a less racially segregated place. But only if we at least try.
I just want to say that I want my lust country free of your English-speaking douchebags forever. You're not going to get there and use our precious resources. Fuck off.

Oh, but please keep exporting technology and resources we need. I particularly like the tech gizmos you make. But don't you dare to put your dirty feet here to take our precious water, our beautiful women, or our talented football players.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

JAB wrote:

Wow... I think the Parti Quebecois would have a thing or two to say about white being a single ethnicity. The only way you get the US being only 67% white I bet is by continuing the fiction that hispanics aren't white.
Does Canada lump their "white Hispanics" in with the rest of the white folk?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

debaser71 wrote:
SlymePit Baboonery.
Ah, debaser71 is the new skeptiksotwat (now that I mentioned s/h/it, prepare for incoming).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
SlymePit Baboonery.
Ah, debaser71 is the new skeptiksotwat (now that I mentioned s/h/it, prepare for incoming).
Also, debaser71, I noticed eight guest posts from your IP address. Some advice - don't do that without acknowledging your registered name.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
SlymePit Baboonery.
Also, debaser71, I noticed eight guest posts from your IP address. Some advice - don't do that without acknowledging your registered name.
That's not me. Really.

/shrug

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

debaser71 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Also, debaser71, I noticed eight guest posts from your IP address. Some advice - don't do that without acknowledging your registered name.
That's not me. Really.

/shrug
Alright, dynamic IP. No harm, no foul. Apologies.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Can you tell me which posts have my IP address? I'm curious. I do use two PC's and one sometimes doesn't automatically log in...but I watch for that. And the few times I've tried posting without being auto-logged in I have to answer a question. That clues me in that I didn't get automatically logged in.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Does the blogware allow you to be blocked, Lsuoma? If so, where does our beloved Fascist Tit feature on the league table?

Linus

Post by Linus »

Git wrote:
Cats rule, d_gs drool.

Next?
Actually rabbits rule. Cats are brats.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

JackRayner wrote:
JAB wrote:

Wow... I think the Parti Quebecois would have a thing or two to say about white being a single ethnicity. The only way you get the US being only 67% white I bet is by continuing the fiction that hispanics aren't white.
I don't know for sure. The source I linked to claims, "[C]anada's remoteness from Spanish-speaking populations allows them to classify those with hispanic origin as originating from "Latin America", which makes it possible to specifically identify this demographic segment within the Canadian population."

So, I guess the answer is no, they don't lump them in with the rest of the whiteys.

windy

Post by windy »

Gumby wrote: Would you really want Penn Jillette throwing his underwear at you anyway?
I always get the names confused- Penn is the big guy, with that "over-ripe rock star" look about him? Hmm, ask me again after a few glasses of wine...

Southern

Post by Southern »

[quote="goddamn 'nym"

Serbia has started the EU membership process. Croatia became the 28th member in the middle of this year. Bosnia and Herzegovina is working with the EU to prepare its membership application. Upon joining they are legally obliged to join the Schengen area. It is very likely that by 2020 there will be free movement, free residency and no border control between these countries.

While you ridicule the possibility of resolving seemingly intractable conflicts other people are getting shit done.[/quote]

Well, you can either wall yourself up agains your filthy, impure neighbors:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... _5ia6rQssO

http://al-shorfa.com/shared/images/2012 ... 50_416.jpg

Or, you can do it like Netherlands and Belgium:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0ZJ_buSDZNo/T ... 80x352.jpg

Or Brazil and Uruguay:
Which way denotes a better enviroment to live?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Lsuoma wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Also, debaser71, I noticed eight guest posts from your IP address. Some advice - don't do that without acknowledging your registered name.
That's not me. Really.

/shrug
Alright, dynamic IP. No harm, no foul. Apologies.
ok cool..ftr, I don't so anything fancy with my own IP and I do not know if my cable company does anything fancy.

Southern

Post by Southern »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
UnknownEric the Apostate

Walton

Well, send the Slymepit the Randi Prize, becase we called it.

I'll use my share of the prize to buy some delicious popcorn. What are you guys going to do with yours?

JAB

Post by JAB »

JackRayner wrote:
JAB wrote:

We don't consider all white folks the same ethnicity, and we don't have a ethnicity of "white" at all. Yomamma kept going back and forth between ethnic and racial diversity so it was hard to follow.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

yomomma wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
JAB wrote: Wow... I think the Parti Quebecois would have a thing or two to say about white being a single ethnicity. The only way you get the US being only 67% white I bet is by continuing the fiction that hispanics aren't white.
I don't know for sure. The source I linked to claims, "[C]anada's remoteness from Spanish-speaking populations allows them to classify those with hispanic origin as originating from "Latin America", which makes it possible to specifically identify this demographic segment within the Canadian population."

So, I guess the answer is no, they don't lump them in with the rest of the whiteys.
Alrighty then.

So it makes no difference in this round of Name The Whitest Country then, JAB. Still, from what I read "white" Hispanics would only add about 8% to the total. Canada would still be whiter, even without lumping their "white" Hispanics in...

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Andrew69 said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 29#p131129):
Actually there is fear in some quarters that if things get too much worse down there we are facing the prospect of Americans fleeing into Canukistan in the first place, never mind granting free access.

I well remember when lots of young Americans fled to Canada to avoid the draft. My family was one of those who offered rooms to fleeing draft dodgers. It felt good to do that, and we met some really wonderful people.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

JAB wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
JAB wrote:
We don't consider all white folks the same ethnicity, and we don't have a ethnicity of "white" at all. Yomamma kept going back and forth between ethnic and racial diversity so it was hard to follow.
Well, what do you have then?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

peezus

...I don't DO anything fancy....

Southern

Post by Southern »

Hm, it's hard to say which country is the withest... Canada has this as its Number One rapper:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... qY2n28nefM

But then again, USA had this in 1991:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/arch ... 36120a.jpg

Though choice.

JAB

Post by JAB »

JackRayner wrote: Well, what do you have then?
Are you seeing no difference between race and ethnicity? I don't understand your question. We have german canadians and english canadians and italian canadians and french canadians, for example, that I would say are mostly all white but different ethnicities. We also have lots of canadians that just think of themselves as english or french canadians due to language used and not much else differing them culturally. We also have racial lines that sometimes correspond and sometimes don't correspond to cultural lines. That's why not sticking to either racial or ethnic diversity was confusing.