Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Scented Nectar

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Scented Nectar »

Crommie's upset that a white person might wear an NWA top (I take it NWA is a music group)? Have to keep those different colours separate, right? That's how it works, isn't it? Well, if you were a racist, that is.

Oh well, who really cares what Crommie thinks. I lost respect for him with his guest posts by Half-fish telling people not to admit to AIDS in bed unless specifically asked.

Since his latest little fit is due to blacks and whites intermingling (or sharing fashion - whatever), here is a cute video just for him:

[youtube]B0Rau01wbeo[/youtube]

Linus

Post by Linus »

Linus wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:So wait, he is saying white people are not allowed to wear NWA shirts? I don't understand. Damn, this shit is why SJWs are so obnoxious...
Not allowed to dance, either.

Bill Nye's Appearance On 'Dancing With The Stars' Is Bad For Science

Old and white. You know the drill.
Apparently Bill also received an angry email from a representative of the Delta Gamma Sorority:

Bill,

If you just opened this like I told you to, tie yourself down to whatever chair you're sitting in, because this email is going to be a rough fucking ride.

You have been FUCKING UP in terms of night time reality show events and general television appearances. I've been getting texts on texts about you LITERALLY being so fucking OLD and so fucking WHITE AND MALE. If you're reading this right now and saying to yourself "But oh em gee Jennifer, I've been having so much fun with my dance partner this week!", then punch yourself in the face right now so that I don't have to fucking find you to do it myself.

I do not give a flying fuck, and women and minorities do not give a flying fuck, about how much you fucking love dancing with your partner. You have 37 weeks out of the fucking year to have fun, and Dancing With the Stars is NOT, I fucking repeat NOT THE TIME. Reality shows are about fostering relationships with the public, and that's not fucking possible if you're going to prance around looking like a nerd who can't dance. Newsflash you stupid cock: WOMEN AND MINORITIES DON'T LIKE NERDY SCIENTISTS. Oh wait, DOUBLE FUCKING NEWSFLASH: THEY ARE NOT GOING TO WANT TO BECOME SCIENTISTS IF YOU FUCKING SUCK AT DANCING, which by the way in case you're an idiot and need it spelled out for you, YOU FUCKING SUCK SO FAR. This also applies to your decision go with a science-themed cha cha dance IN FRONT OF A LIVE TELEVISION AUDIENCE. Are fucking retarded? That's not a rhetorical question, I LITERALLY want you to email me back telling me if you're mentally slow so I can make sure you don't apply to any more reality shows. If you had seen a scientist get the lowest score on Dancing With the Stars when you were young would you have seen science as a viable career? WOULD YOU? No you wouldn't, so WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THIS TO WOMEN AND MINORITIES?? TO KEEP THEM OUT OF SCIENCE?!!

"But Jennifer!", you say in a whiny little bitch voice to your computer screen as you read this email, "I've been standing up to the creationist community, doesn't that count for something?" NO YOU STUPID FUCKING ASS HAT, IT FUCKING DOESN'T. DO YOU WANNA KNOW FUCKING WHY?!! IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING UP ON NON REALITY TV SHOWS TOO. I've not only gotten texts about you being fucking NERDY on CNN (for example, wearing a bow tie and glasses), but I've gotten texts about you privligesplaining and tone trolling women and minorities. Women. And fucking. Minorites. ARE YOU FUCKING PRIVILEGE BLIND?!! I don't give a SHIT about credentials, YOU LISTEN TO THE GODAMN WOMEN AND MINORITIES, HAVE YOU NEVER READ THE BASKET OF LINKS FROM ATHEISM PLUS? HAVE YOU NEVER READ DERAILING FOR DUMMIES? Or are you just so fucking dense about what it means to make America like science that you that you think performing a theatrical, science-themed cha cha is going to make them happy? Well it's time someone told you, NO ONE FUCKING LIKES THAT, ESPECIALLY FUCKING MARGINALIZED GROUPS. I will kick your ass the next time I hear about you doing something like that, and I don't give a fuck if you doxx me, I WILL FUCKING ASSAULT YOU GREG LADEN STYLE.

"Ohhh Jennifer, I'm now crying because your email has made me oh so so sad". Well good. If you are going to continue to be a disservice to the science community or if you're going to continue to be an old white male who can't dance, this following message is for you:

DO NOT PERFORM ON DANCING WITH THE STARS AGAIN!

I'm not fucking kidding. Quit the show. Seriously, if you are going to do ANYTHING I've mentioned in this email and have some rare disease where you're unable to NOT do these things, then you are HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE PR FOR SCIENCE and you are PUTTING WOMEN AND MINORITIES AT A DISADVANTAGE. I would rather have 40 scientists that are marginalized, good at dancing, and not fucking nerds than 80 that are fucking old white cis-gendered males with poor interpersonal skills. Seriously. I swear to fucking God if I see you reinforcing any stereotypes about scientists again, I will tell you to quit the show even if you're winning. I'm not even kidding. Try me.

And if you're offended by this email, I would apologize but I really don't give a fuck. Go fuck yourself with a rotting porcupine.
Tough crowd. What do I have to do, get Michael Shannon to narrate?

codelette

Post by codelette »

John D wrote:I suspect the nonsensical concept of "objectification" is due to a very immature notion of human sexuality.

Example: My wife and I were discussing the brouhaha over the Blurred Lines song. I commented that people don't like the line "You know you want it." My wife said... "Haha... I'll bet they like it when their partner says it to them." And we laughed.

Indeed. Sex has a dominance and physical roughness to it that most people like. You bet people "objectify" when they are doin the dirty. Get over it cry babies. Just because I "objectify" my sex partner in a certain way doesn't mean I want to hurt her, or deny her ability to "just say no".

I also can't help but wonder if these SJWs feel really guilt after they have some awesome monkey sex. I'll bet they do. Odd prudishness in my opinion.
I still don't get the stupid argument over "Blurred Lines" and rape culture. Human sexuality is so complex, and some women do get off on playing hard to get, being pursued by an Alpha guy, etc etc.

On that same line, there's this whiny ass girl that I sometimes read on Twitter. She's the stereotype of the modern useless feminist (complete with rape culture and phone anxiety). The other day she was all up in arms over "Blurred Lines" and rape culture and a few tweets later was wetting herself over NINs "Closer".

I kid you not.

[youtube]PTFwQP86BRs[/youtube]

Post by Guest »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:
All who look upon this will die within 5 days.
i doubt any of us will last THAT long

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Welch said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 93#p131793):
... he's less dangerous than melting ice cream.
HAHA. I like that. It works well with, "They have the integrity of hot jello".

rpguest

Re: Carrier, Witch of the Week

Post by rpguest »

KenD wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Feminist consciousness raising does not concern itself with the truth of its claims. Feminists say that it is sufficient for consciousness raising to "get people thinking and talking" about subjects.

Another example: Laura Mulvey's influential 1973 essay on The Male Gaze and Objectification in film (in which Mulvey compared male movie audiences to Sadists torturing the actresses projected onto movie screens). When another feminist rebutted-- that the images on the screens act-upon the captive audience/not the other way around-- Mulvey stood by the essay as a consciousness-raising "provocation" and "polemic", despite it's lack of factual truth. The essay is still taught today and her version of "Objectification" is casually invoked by Feminists everywhere, as if it is a real thing.
This perhaps explains why "objectification" is so ambiguous and vaguely defined (even compared with most other examples of feminist theory).

At pretty much every mainstream feminist conference you'll find women's studies professors and feminist sociologists lecturing on the endless horrors of objectification:
Feminists blame objectification for everything from under-representation of women in engineering to domestic violence, invoke the word when pushing their moral panics, hold it up as proof of misogynistic patriarchy, yet generally hand wave away any attempt to actually create a clear definition of what it is and isn't. Feminists just know it when they see it, and you'd better not question them when they do, you mansplainer/gender-traitor.
the problem is theyre engaging in objectification

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

deLurch wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Last October, His Badassness Greg Laden, sent me an official Ladentweet demanding that I cease and desist from contacting him. I chose to oblige, only because, well, it's Greg Laden.
Today, I get this in my inbox:
http://websitesonadime.com/linkedinladen.jpg
Gotta love LinkedIn...
So, automatic, or was he trying to view your linked in profile to identify ways to harass you a la Abbie & others?
I've no doubt it was LinkedIn's utterly fucked up way of searching for contacts. I just couldn't resist the irony...

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

[quote="welch

I have a vision of Crommie doing that and having the girl turn around and beat his fat ass to death with a paint can*.

(no i don't, not really. We all know a complete Valley Girl could badly twerk around Crommie day in and day out singing "Straight Outta Compton" ala Moon Zappa, and the only thing he'd do is cry. She could sit on his shoulders and eat collard greens off his fucking head and he'd not even ask her to stop at an audible volume. But on his blog, HE'D TAKE THAT BITCH OUT!!!!!!OMGWTFHUEYNEWTONBLACKPOWERRAGE!!!!

he's less dangerous than melting ice cream.)[/quote]

"Sit on his shoulders and eat collard greens off his fucking head". OMG! MY SIDES! I'm Dying!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Badger3k wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: And Bjarte Foushag.
And those cartoons Ophelia linked to, and Republican tv "comedy" shows (their failed Daily Show rip-off).
HA! Those cartoons are made by Bjarte Foshaug.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Scented Nectar wrote: (I take it NWA is a music group)?
I think they're what's known as "rappers" and they make a type of music called "rap" where people "talk" over the music. This guy explains it better than me:
[youtube]aR8qtxts1jY[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: And Bjarte Foushag.
And those cartoons Ophelia linked to, and Republican tv "comedy" shows (their failed Daily Show rip-off).
HA! Those cartoons are made by Bjarte Foshaug.
Ah - that explains that. It does seem there is an inverse relationship between humor and ideology.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: (I take it NWA is a music group)?
I think they're what's known as "rappers" and they make a type of music called "rap" where people "talk" over the music. This guy explains it better than me:
[youtube]aR8qtxts1jY[/youtube]
Well, a lot of music is basically just talking over music (not just rap). However, when you look at rap as a form of poetry, it does take the edge off some of the rappers (Ha! - I'm a big tough thug writing poetry! Fear me!)

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
TRIGGER WARNINGS
*FTB LOGIC
*BJARTE FOUSHAG
*ARGUMENTS ABOUT THE WORD "CUNT"
FTB regular and scientifically unexplainable humour-vacuum, Bjarte Foushag (or however the fuck it's spelled) is being his usual moronic self on Twitter. Here he's telling a group of English women that them using the word "cunt" means.....Wait for it.....They don't respect women.
That's right. A man is telling a group of women what words they are allowed to say and then moans about lack of respect to women.
As if that wasn't enough, when the argument doesn't go his way he "respectfully" goes on to post a song to these women titled "Mouthful Of Shit" which includes the charming lyrics of "I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire".

Respecting women, the FTB way.
It's too much of an arse-on to post the entire convo (translate: I don't know how to do it) so click the link to see the rest.
https://twitter.com/BjarteSF
Again, they insist that using the word "cunt" to insult someone in a derogative manner is disrespectful to women. Two things that spring to mind when reading that.

1) First of all the argument that calling someone a "cunt" as an insult implies the female genitalia is something ugly. This is an obvious fallacy. If you can call someone a dick without repercussions, then why can't you call someone a cunt? The imagined "power differential" between the two doesn't really matter if you ask me, seeing as the argument is that using one word is acceptable and the other one is not. If the word "dick" is acceptable to call someone as an insult, doesn't that imply that dicks are something ugly too and therefore calling someone a dick when they're being ugly is "apt"?

Sure, while the words are slang and more crude (and vulgar if you're that inclined), they do actually describe two things that together can create something beautiful. But being that one word has been given more power than the other, when the choice comes to dismiss the one word and totally condone the other while completely (and conveniently?) forgetting the implications of both (that they're ugly), then the thing to look for is apparently the imagined "power differential." But... they're both great in their own way, are they not? (The penis and the vagina, that is.) They're both beautiful in their own way, are they not? (If we're thinking purely biological. Aesthetics may vary.) Shouldn't we therefore treat both words with the same rationale?

Not to mention that some words used crudely or derogatively tend to have little to do with its actual namesake. ("Fuck" being a good example. "You fuck" being the insult, "fucking" being to put more emphasis on words, "to fuck" being to cheat someone, while the original meaning of "fuck" is broadly copulation. Which means it is, when you think about it, just a slang word describing an act of intimacy which many consider to be a wonderful experience. Does that mean that anyone who calls anyone else a "fucker" is saying that the act of "fucking" is ugly [or terrible, or bad, or whatever]? Doubtful.)

2) The transsexual argument. I touched on this briefly (ha!) in a previous comment, but I may as well repeat it here. Many transgender, transsexuals, etc, have been very vocal that gender isn't decided at birth. Gender is dynamic. So when Ophelia Benson or Bjarte Foshuag keeps insisting that the word "cunt" is both a gendered (and misogynistic) slur keeping this argument in mind, aren't they actually insulting the various transgender/transsexuals out there who doesn't agree that all men have penises and all women have vaginas?

I repeat: if not all men have penises and not all women have vaginas, how can the word "cunt" be misogynistic? :think:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Amanda Marcotte invades Cracked.com

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-sexist-vi ... n-breasts/

Or just someone who channels Marcotte. Either or.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

Wymyn can rob banks and deal meth too, goddammit!
One of the most innovative features of Grand Theft Auto V is that you can switch perspectives from Michael, the suburban bank robber, to Trevor, a meth dealer and gunrunner, or to Franklin, an aspiring crook.

That's where Stark starts to feel frustration. "For the first time you can play three different characters, and yet it's like, couldn't one of them have been a female?"

Post by Guest »

Pitchguest wrote:Amanda Marcotte invades Cracked.com

Jason Pargin, Cracked's head editor, who writes under the name David Wong, has long drunk from the Kool-Aid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wong_(writer)

http://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/sear ... rict_sr=on

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Love the seal. You must have had a hard time deciding between a porcupine and a cephalopod.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Huehuehue wrote:
Hm.. I may be about to walk into a minefield but...

Then some analysis of the legal implications of various hypothetical cases of alleged or actual sexual assault ...

Thoughts?
Hue - You've obviously thought this through carefully, put a lot into this, and I'm not disagreeing with any of the actual content.

The point, though, is whether or not we buy into the idea that, as responsible people we really need to spend much time or energy discussing the minutiae of the law or these hypothetical cases at all. I know we're told that rape is central to our culture, but this doesn't come from sources that most of us regard as particularly wise.

For my part, I'm perfectly happy to live in a legal system where rape is illegal. Also that the punishments for proven rapists are severe, and also that the criterion of 'consent' is run past a jury in any specific case, so that the definition is the normal everyday one, and not one re-defined by some special interest.

In the event that I'm called to serve on a jury in such a case, I promise that I'll listen to absolutely all the evidence, and carefully to the judge's direction and ignore any influence on my decision because of Slymepit vs. SJW drama. However, apart from that eventuality I have to say I'm content to leave these issues to the police and justice system. I don't think it makes me a bad person to say that I've got no interest in analysis of scenarios based on what might transpire between two horny drunks, and who might remember what or say what about it the following morning.

If we're responsible in our own behaviour, and support the reasonable application of law, then we're doing enough. We have nothing to apologise for. We don't have to solve every case, hypothetical or otherwise. We don't have to be the Sherlock Holmeses of sex crime (even if there is a Watson)

welch

Post by welch »

I do agree about Other M. What that game did to Samus was despicable.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Here's an atheist community joke:

"What did one drunk say to another drunk ?"

"I don't know."

"Neither do I, so let's have a furious row about it on the internet for the next ten years !"

windy

Post by windy »

Huehuehue wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Ana Mardoll's takedown of Carrier includes this tidbit: "when he starts to rape her she confusedly responds in a socially-programmed way in order to protect herself and he specifically planned for that to happen in order to protect himself from legal repercussions because of Rape Culture" --which clearly indicates that she thinks women suffer from a socially-programmed False Consciousness.

As a final bit: Yeah the "social-programming" thing is just conspiracy theory land, tbh, I just completely ignored it. I find Pitters have some interesting value to add so my post is more directed at what people here think than an attempt to engage with Ana per se...if that makes sense.
The social programming thing is another disconnect in their ideology. They claim that if there was a requirement of "enthusiastic consent", the problems with mistaken or muddled consent would go away. But obviously, if women can be socially conditioned to consent, then they can be socially conditioned to enthusiastically consent, so how does that solve the problem?

In Carrier's example the woman "participates enthusiastically" in fooling around, so isn't it possible that the partner took it as "enthusiastic consent"? No, according to Mardoll, the situation is "quite clearly rape". Not sure if stupid, or dishonest...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
welch wrote:
I have a vision of Crommie doing that and having the girl turn around and beat his fat ass to death with a paint can*.

(no i don't, not really. We all know a complete Valley Girl could badly twerk around Crommie day in and day out singing "Straight Outta Compton" ala Moon Zappa, and the only thing he'd do is cry. She could sit on his shoulders and eat collard greens off his fucking head and he'd not even ask her to stop at an audible volume. But on his blog, HE'D TAKE THAT BITCH OUT!!!!!!OMGWTFHUEYNEWTONBLACKPOWERRAGE!!!!

he's less dangerous than melting ice cream.)
"Sit on his shoulders and eat collard greens off his fucking head". OMG! MY SIDES! I'm Dying!
[/quote]

Seconded. Sides insurance claim going in tomorrow.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

welch wrote:

Agreed, but the storyline was so bad that it was probably more incompetence than sexism. Also, a lot of guys complained about Samus's characterization in Other M, so I expect feminists to point this out as evidence that maybe male gamers aren't mainly misogynists who want women out of gaming.

... any second now.

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

piginthecity wrote:Here's an atheist community joke:

"What did one drunk say to another drunk ?"

"I don't know."

"Neither do I, so let's have a furious row about it on the internet for the next ten years !"
:lol:

Think my earlier post got eaten so I'll try again. I'm a law geek and I enjoy debating points of law. The question of drunken consent still resides within the "penumbra of doubt" so it can be interesting to analyse. Obviously SJW blog posts on the subject tend to be very lacking in proper reasoning, failing to perform even the minimalist duty of setting a framework for the debate. One of the things I've hated most about SJW types is how their posts, rather than analysis, tends to consist of hurling several labels at people. Similarly I feel obligated to conduct *some* brief analysis on these things when I argue counter points, otherwise I'd feel like I was doing similar to them.

One could certainly argue that the simple endeavor of engaging with their ideas is somewhat pointless since they are quite fringe indeed. I guess I can only hope lurkers and such see and benefit from the counter point being available.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Kareem wrote:
welch wrote:

Agreed, but the storyline was so bad that it was probably more incompetence than sexism. Also, a lot of guys complained about Samus's characterization in Other M, so I expect feminists to point this out as evidence that maybe male gamers aren't mainly misogynists who want women out of gaming.

... any second now.
Absolutely. Other M was atrocious in its story telling. That one is actually fair enough. It had decent enough gameplay mechanics, but the story was terrible. But at the same time I feel that pointing that out is easy mode, especially considering that there are so many other people who've voiced their complaints about it and not just boiling it down to "sexism" - by people who actually know their shit.

However, when reading that article red flags start to pop up at the bloody beginning. Daddy issues. The breakdown of Bioshock Infinite was bad enough, but to say that Ellie from The Last of Us was suffering from "daddy issues"? Holy fucking shit. I straight guffawed when I read that. Outright telling us they've never played either of these games. It's not even a matter of a different opinion. It's just not fucking true. That characterisation of Ellie is just not accurate. And to say that a game is sexist when you've not played it for an hour, let alone to completion (which the author clearly have not done)? *That* is fucking disgraceful.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

another lurker wrote:re Blurred Lines...
What I hate the most about the Miley Cyrus 'controversy' is that if a guy had been up there, dressed in a latex speedo and groping his sack with a giant foam finger, you can bet your ass that people would be offended. So the whole 'people can't handle female sexuality' line is nothing more than bullshit. People are offended because someone did something vulgar on stage.
Yeah, puritanical people would be put off by this. I think that it was so widely derided, not because of what she did, but because she executed it extremely poorly.

There was plenty more saucy stuff going on stage, that didn't look like a train wreck.

Huehuehue

Post by Huehuehue »

Pitchguest wrote:
Absolutely. Other M was atrocious in its story telling. That one is actually fair enough. It had decent enough gameplay mechanics, but the story was terrible. But at the same time I feel that pointing that out is easy mode, especially considering that there are so many other people who've voiced their complaints about it and not just boiling it down to "sexism" - by people who actually know their shit.

However, when reading that article red flags start to pop up at the bloody beginning. Daddy issues. The breakdown of Bioshock Infinite was bad enough, but to say that Ellie from The Last of Us was suffering from "daddy issues"? Holy fucking shit. I straight guffawed when I read that. Outright telling us they've never played either of these games. It's not even a matter of a different opinion. It's just not fucking true. That characterisation of Ellie is just not accurate. And to say that a game is sexist when you've not played it for an hour, let alone to completion (which the author clearly have not done)? *That* is fucking disgraceful.

I'm perplexed by the Last of Us part. So if a character is physically powerful, or possesses a particular toolset, they *cannot* be emotionally dependent on another person? Or psychologically damaged? I find that strange.

The writers seems to say the little sisters in Bioshock are fair game *because* they are too weak to defend themselves. But Ellie is all wrong because she can defend herself? Therefore having a father-daughter relationship plot is wrong?

As you say, red flags. I've only seen a friend of mine play a bit of Last of Us, so I don't know for sure. But could one not say that there's a definite theme of the main character also desperately not wanting to lose her because of his loss at the start of the game and this helps forge a stronger bond between them? They have both lost so much, and the one thing they can never retrieve is their family, but just maybe they can find a sense of it in one another and this leads to...

Nah, sexism. Well, that was much easier.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Pitchguest wrote:Absolutely. Other M was atrocious in its story telling. That one is actually fair enough. It had decent enough gameplay mechanics, but the story was terrible. But at the same time I feel that pointing that out is easy mode, especially considering that there are so many other people who've voiced their complaints about it and not just boiling it down to "sexism" - by people who actually know their shit.

Yeah, it's one of the problems I've noticed in the new "Video Games are Bad for You -- Feminist Version" hysteria. I've played a lot of these games and can see the person criticizing hasn't and has, most likely, gotten the information third-hand.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-0000521857 ... pg?0769104

http://i.imgur.com/VXODiGV.png

Presenting, the “Forever 21”
Top 21 countdown :character-count: of
whitebread, mainstream, commercial :character-spamcan: , non-gangsta :character-marge: ,
:character-chef: black :banana-dreads: culture :banana-stoner: appropriating :character-afropik: :character-mrt: songs...

suitable as Muzak at a Forever 21 store...
performed by Ian "Crommunist" :eusa-violin: Cromwell...

1. Justin Timberlake :music-singing:

2. Elton John :banana-rainbow:

3. The Beach Boys :character-oldtimer:

4. Barenaked Ladies :obscene-buttred:

5. Crowded House “Don’t Dream It’s Over”

6. “I just died in your arms tonight”

7. Seal “Kiss From A Rose”

8. Oasis :obscene-sexualvlick: :animals-cat:

9. Maroon 5:

10. Foo Fighters :character-beavisbutthead:

11. Take That

12. Clapton :happy-hippy: “If I could change the world”

13. Bob Dylan :character-oldtimer:

14. “Eleanor Rigby”

15. Ziggy Stardust :banana-blonde:

16. Tears for Fears

17. Survivor “Eye of the Tiger” :animals-cat:

18. Blind Melon :character-shaggy: “No Rain”

19. REM

20. Stevie Wonder Jamiroquai

20. Queen :flags-wavegreatbritain: “Fat Bottomed Girls” :obscene-buttsway:

Post by Guest »

Hue -

I wasn't complaining about your post, you can obviously post about this without my permission. I was commenting more generally about the pressure we appear to be under to discuss rape and sexual assault. I know that these things do happen, but they are rare, they are already illegal and I don't think that those of us who know how to act in a civilised manner need to keep them at the forefront of our minds all the time. We've all got the necessary life experience, and I think there's an element of allowing 'the other side' to intimidate us if we think that we should have to keep stating that we understand the idea of consent.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Service Dog wrote:http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-0000521857 ... pg?0769104

http://i.imgur.com/VXODiGV.png

whitebread, mainstream, commercial :character-spamcan: , non-gangsta :character-marge: ,
:character-chef: black :banana-dreads: culture :banana-stoner: appropriating :character-afropik: :character-mrt: songs...

Even for the average 'Pitizen, you must have a lot of spare time.

Is this a genuine list of his from Spotify, or something of your own creation?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Service Dog wrote:[i

Even for the average 'Pitizen, you must have a lot of spare time.

Is this a genuine list of his from Spotify, or something of your own creation?
Holy fuck. I just followed a couple of the links.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

How dare that black boy appropriate Blind Melon. They're the whitest of all breads, and my white skin is crawling at the sight of a PoC abusing their music. If I saw Crommunist, I'd throw some paint on his fat face.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Is this a genuine list of his from Spotify, or something of your own creation?
Click any link.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

spot on.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Speaking of Canadians, comedian Brent Butt ran into some trouble on Twitter a few hours ago...

http://brentbutt.tumblr.com/

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Huehuehue wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

I'm perplexed by the Last of Us part. So if a character is physically powerful, or possesses a particular toolset, they *cannot* be emotionally dependent on another person? Or psychologically damaged? I find that strange.

The writers seems to say the little sisters in Bioshock are fair game *because* they are too weak to defend themselves. But Ellie is all wrong because she can defend herself? Therefore having a father-daughter relationship plot is wrong?

As you say, red flags. I've only seen a friend of mine play a bit of Last of Us, so I don't know for sure. But could one not say that there's a definite theme of the main character also desperately not wanting to lose her because of his loss at the start of the game and this helps forge a stronger bond between them? They have both lost so much, and the one thing they can never retrieve is their family, but just maybe they can find a sense of it in one another and this leads to...

I don't want to spoil the game because I think it's amazing and I don't want to ruin the experience, but I will say this: the point in the game which the gif in that article shows, that is a point where Ellie has been through hell. It's difficult to describe it without revealing main plot details, but let's just say that the crying serves as a catharsis. You *want* her to cry. You *want* her to let go. If you play the game and get to that part, you'll know what I mean. The author of that Cracked piece obviously have not played the game and honestly if they *have*, I pity their poor outlook in life to see sexism where there is none.

I am not disputing that there exists double standards in gaming pertaining to sex and gender. However because a game features ***SPOILERS*** a scared fourteen year old girl crying after brutally killing someone and gets a comforting hug from a parental figure who happens to be a man, that is somehow evidence of sexism? :confusion-shrug:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tru dat

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Pitchguest wrote:
Huehuehue wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

I don't want to spoil the game because I think it's amazing and I don't want to ruin the experience, but I will say this: the point in the game which the gif in that article shows, that is a point where Ellie has been through hell. It's difficult to describe it without revealing main plot details, but let's just say that the crying serves as a catharsis. You *want* her to cry. You *want* her to let go. If you play the game and get to that part, you'll know what I mean. The author of that Cracked piece obviously have not played the game and honestly if they *have*, I pity their poor outlook in life to see sexism where there is none.

I am not disputing that there exists double standards in gaming pertaining to sex and gender. However because a game features ***SPOILERS*** a scared fourteen year old girl crying after brutally killing someone and gets a comforting hug from a parental figure who happens to be a man, that is somehow evidence of sexism? :confusion-shrug:
It's conventional wisdom in the gaming community that Other M is a piece of shit that attempts to ruin the Samus character. The fact that virtually everybody thinks so should probably tell you a great deal about the gaming community as a whole.

The whole point of The Last of Us...and it bleeds into every area of the game design, from the story to the camera view to the gameplay, is to give an inane amount of emotional weight to everything, especially the combat. It's heavy, dark, and people are dying for you to survive. And it's AWFUL. So when you have a younger character and she gets her hands dirty..it shows the weight of it all.

And yeah. It's probably a better explanation that the MC has daughter issues (although I'd more describe it as he realizes that he can't protect anyone in this world) than Ellie having daddy issues.

Actually thinking about it, Elizabeth from Infinite also has Mommy issues MUCH more than anything with her father. To the point of dressing like her mother near the 3/4ths point of the game.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Kareem wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
http://evebitfirst.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... porter-if/
^Now read this random article I found. Or consider Schrodinger's Rapist.

Some have taken this article out of context to mean the author is claiming all men are rapists. No, she's only claiming all the men that fit on that list are supporters of rape. Totally different and not bigoted slander at all. In fact, one of the signs a man is a RAPE SUPPORTER is he watches porn with women in it. Oh yeah. So basically every straight man, then? Yeah, thought so. The list is so broad, and the requirements so lax (all you have to do is defend porn on free expression grounds) to ensure all men qualify. And probably a lot of women, too.
However, my target audience is female. I don’t typically approve comments from men, since past experience suggests that male posters attempt to dominate/intimidate/harass other commenters and (on more than one occasion) send me death threats.
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Feminism is kind of like PETA, at least PETA in the past. Everyone thought it was just about stopping animal abuse and celebrities posing nude; it's extreme views and links to terrorism probably escapes most people outside the skeptic community. If I went up to many of these "why do people hate feminism?" feminists and told them that feminist think men who watch porn are rape supporters, they'd accuse me of spreading straw-feminism.
If this is true, it gives me some hope. Years ago, most people did think PETA was just about stopping animal abuse. People I meet these days generally know better. Those who stand for animal rights today often disassociate themselves from PETA, and admit PETA is full of thuggish bullies.

I've often heard these claims that "MRAs" are attacking "straw feminism." While some MRAs do take feminist articles to mean worse things than what the radfems are actually saying (AVfM), what radfems are actually saying is no less hateful and bigoted. They (MRAs) would be better served reporting the facts honestly, because the unaltered facts are absolutely damning.

Again, who is the more against porn: a radical feminist or a fundamentalist christian? And I suspect that in each case, the levels of hypocrisy are off the charts.

This idea that thinking about someone sexually=objectification, and that's bad... This idea reminds me a lot of when I was a fundamentalist christian, and I was told that even thinking about a woman sexually was to commit the "sin" of fornication "in my heart." What sex-negative feminists are saying is no less stupid and hateful, and no less in contrast with the way both men and women are biologically hard-wired to want to fuck. With both christians and radfems, the goal seems to be to make people ashamed of their natural sexual desires. Except in the feminist case, women's sexual desires often get more of a free pass (although women are still ordered not to "objectify" themselves.)

I mean, there's a question of whether or not romantic love exists, or if it's a societal construct from around the 12th century CE. So those "deeper feelings" involved in the kind of sex that feminists think is okay might not even exist outside of societal brainwashing. I would find this hilarious if true.

Parody Accountant

FFS I missed the beginning of Breaking Bad and the encore isn't until much later. Sumbitch.

2 other shows first. One of them a show about Breaking Bad (a ridiculous concept). I bet it'll hit torrents before that!!!!

Post by Guest »

Parody Accountant wrote:FFS I missed the beginning of Breaking Bad and the encore isn't until much later. Sumbitch.

2 other shows first. One of them a show about Breaking Bad (a ridiculous concept). I bet it'll hit torrents before that!!!!
Place pop up blockers, ad blockers, and virus protection on full.
google stream breaking bad

roboraptorjesus

Post by roboraptorjesus »

Long time lurker, last night on the slyme chat I was harassed into making a profile. Give me my fuck yoose and basket full of tentacle pornz

Parody Accountant

Odd, my webcam's light won't turn off. I'm not even using it! I keep clicking on this other thing that popped up too... Should I pay $250 to the CBI FIA agents? They say I can't use my computer til then, and I might get arrested for 'stream breaking bad'.

amidoinitrite?

:D

ConcentratedH2O, OM

roboraptorjesus wrote:Long time lurker, last night on the slyme chat I was harassed into making a profile. Give me my fuck yoose and basket full of tentacle pornz
Welcome, fuck you up the arse with a rusty Spokesgay, and please stand by to receive your basket of lynx.

roboraptorjesus

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
roboraptorjesus wrote:Long time lurker, last night on the slyme chat I was harassed into making a profile. Give me my fuck yoose and basket full of tentacle pornz
Welcome, fuck you up the arse with a rusty Spokesgay, and please stand by to receive your basket of lynx.
My favorite part about you H2O is that your avatar is always happy to see me

Post by Guest »

Parody Accountant wrote:Odd, my webcam's light won't turn off. I'm not even using it! I keep clicking on this other thing that popped up too... Should I pay $250 to the CBI FIA agents? They say I can't use my computer til then, and I might get arrested for 'stream breaking bad'.

amidoinitrite?

I've been using stream-tv.me for a year and far too many hours than I care to count and have never had a problem apart from pop-up ads and their trying to get me to install toolbars and other forms of spyware.

Using Chrome and adblock plus setting pop ups to no and flash to ask and running MS Security Essentials has kept my machine safe.

Heh, they don't have the most recent episode yet, but I bet they will by early morning.

Parody Accountant

FUCK OFF.
FUCK YOUR BASKET.

ONE LINK.
DONT ASK.
DONT SNIFF.

uberfeminist

Post by uberfeminist »

FYI - Watson is saying cops perhaps should not have guns:

http://uberfeminist.blogspot.com/2013/09/call-cops.html

A post on Slate is saying that your kid should be cut:

http://uberfeminist.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... -lobe.html

And PZ is being PZ: (Surprise!)

http://uberfeminist.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... penis.html

Parody Accountant

Guest wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Odd, my webcam's light won't turn off. I'm not even using it! I keep clicking on this other thing that popped up too... Should I pay $250 to the CBI FIA agents? They say I can't use my computer til then, and I might get arrested for 'stream breaking bad'.

amidoinitrite?

I've been using <snipped> for a year and far too many hours than I care to count and have never had a problem apart from pop-up ads and their trying to get me to install toolbars and other forms of spyware.

Using Chrome and adblock plus setting pop ups to no and flash to ask and running MS Security Essentials has kept my machine safe.

Heh, they don't have the most recent episode yet, but I bet they will by early morning.
FYI - Don't talk about that stuff here. Thank you for helping etc. I'd have messaged you but, you know - guest. I'm sure it will hit torrents in less than an hour from now. It just ended, and there are at least 3 scene groups racing against each other for a 'proper'.

Your advice got a little too specific there for the purposes of this board, man. Good lookin' out though.

helenhighwater

Post by helenhighwater »

http://evebitfirst.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... porter-if/
^Now read this random article I found. Or consider Schrodinger's Rapist.

Some have taken this article out of context to mean the author is claiming all men are rapists. No, she's only claiming all the men that fit on that list are supporters of rape. Totally different and not bigoted slander at all. In fact, one of the signs a man is a RAPE SUPPORTER is he watches porn with women in it. Oh yeah. So basically every straight man, then? Yeah, thought so. The list is so broad, and the requirements so lax (all you have to do is defend porn on free expression grounds) to ensure all men qualify. And probably a lot of women, too.
However, my target audience is female. I don’t typically approve comments from men, since past experience suggests that male posters attempt to dominate/intimidate/harass other commenters and (on more than one occasion) send me death threats.
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:[/quote]
Feminism is kind of like PETA, at least PETA in the past. Everyone thought it was just about stopping animal abuse and celebrities posing nude; it's extreme views and links to terrorism probably escapes most people outside the skeptic community. If I went up to many of these "why do people hate feminism?" feminists and told them that feminist think men who watch porn are rape supporters, they'd accuse me of spreading straw-feminism.[/quote]
If this is true, it gives me some hope. Years ago, most people did think PETA was just about stopping animal abuse. People I meet these days generally know better. Those who stand for animal rights today often disassociate themselves from PETA, and admit PETA is full of thuggish bullies.

I've often heard these claims that "MRAs" are attacking "straw feminism." While some MRAs do take feminist articles to mean worse things than what the radfems are actually saying (AVfM), what radfems are actually saying is no less hateful and bigoted. They (MRAs) would be better served reporting the facts honestly, because the unaltered facts are absolutely damning.

Again, who is the more against porn: a radical feminist or a fundamentalist christian? And I suspect that in each case, the levels of hypocrisy are off the charts.

This idea that thinking about someone sexually=objectification, and that's bad... This idea reminds me a lot of when I was a fundamentalist christian, and I was told that even thinking about a woman sexually was to commit the "sin" of fornication "in my heart." What sex-negative feminists are saying is no less stupid and hateful, and no less in contrast with the way both men and women are biologically hard-wired to want to fuck. With both christians and radfems, the goal seems to be to make people ashamed of their natural sexual desires. Except in the feminist case, women's sexual desires often get more of a free pass (although women are still ordered not to "objectify" themselves.)

I mean, there's a question of whether or not romantic love exists, or if it's a societal construct from around the 12th century CE. So those "deeper feelings" involved in the kind of sex that feminists think is okay might not even exist outside of societal brainwashing. I would find this hilarious if true.[/quote]

this is one of the better analogies i've seen put. this on top of a recent one re a+ is to atheism what tea party is to republicans. I'll look for that link now.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Parody Accountant wrote:
FUCK OFF.
FUCK YOUR BASKET.

ONE LINK.
DONT ASK.
DONT SNIFF.
Baywatch meets The Slenderman meets The Residents

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Parody Accountant wrote:FFS I missed the beginning of Breaking Bad and the encore isn't until much later. Sumbitch.

You win that bet, as of four minutes ago.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

James Caruthers wrote:This idea that thinking about someone sexually=objectification, and that's bad... This idea reminds me a lot of when I was a fundamentalist christian, and I was told that even thinking about a woman sexually was to commit the "sin" of fornication "in my heart." What sex-negative feminists are saying is no less stupid and hateful, and no less in contrast with the way both men and women are biologically hard-wired to want to fuck. With both christians and radfems, the goal seems to be to make people ashamed of their natural sexual desires. Except in the feminist case, women's sexual desires often get more of a free pass (although women are still ordered not to "objectify" themselves.)

I mean, there's a question of whether or not romantic love exists, or if it's a societal construct from around the 12th century CE. So those "deeper feelings" involved in the kind of sex that feminists think is okay might not even exist outside of societal brainwashing. I would find this hilarious if true.
Have a read here.

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 41#p109241

Feminists and Christians basically both drink from the same sexually repressive kool-aid when it comes to the term objectification.

Parody Accountant

bovarchist wrote:

You win that bet, as of four minutes ago.
Hah it took this one site that someone who isn't me uses 11 minutes to scrape that tracker properly...

roboraptorjesus

shhh....guys dont do that...im trying to watch breaking bad

dogen

Post by dogen »

I hate these Bjarte Lines.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Welcome, roboraptorjesus. I'm sure Git will provide a traditional basket of (feline) links, but in the meantime, you can peruse an avian alternative:

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/vgm/v ... etball.jpg

Oh, and fuck off!