mordacious1

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by mordacious1 »

Here's proof that the baboons can be sexist pigs:

[youtube]XvMAfpp7Psg[/youtube]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Stephanie Zvan says I harm, lie about, or attempt to get people fired: http://skeptischism.com/blog/2013/09/25 ... block-bot/. She can kiss my ass :)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

another lurker wrote: Don't talk about overpopulation and pollution. It makes you a 'racist'. Yes, really:P

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=359
At least I don't work for Jews.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Apples wrote:Because no matter how forgettable the song or braindead the video, it must be said that Miley is ascending the everest of self-objectification with her white-tankini-or-nothing-at-all routine and is certainly making the most of her 15 minutes of nubility:

[youtube]My2FRPA3Gf8[/youtube]
Hmmm, "Directed by Terry Richardson". Perhaps not self-objectification then?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Sulman wrote:
Southern wrote:
KarlVonMox wrote:Its hilarious, though entirely unsurprising, to see this happening to both Silverman AND Carrier (the self described 'intellectual artillery' of A+). They deserve absolutely no sympathy for aligning themselves with these fanatic ideologues.

These SJW types must really have no idea what the real world is actually like outside of their tiny self-contained internet bubbles. When you actually go out into the real world and have face to face, human interactions with other primates you will almost never encounter a homogeneous set of opinions on every silly issue, as the SJWs would like.

Anyway, just stopping in with a brief comment. I still regularly lurk here as it is a pretty great source of entertainment.
I long for the day when they do that to Doctor Myers-Moreau himself. Dick Carrier is small potatoes, despite what he thinks of himself.
When they run out of, or no longer have the weapons to reach external 'enemies' (I think the Shermer allegation proves this) they will savagely consume themselves. It's glorious.

Myers isn't safe from it; Hence the obsequiousness to Watson who still seems the spiritual figurehead of this movement, I suspect because she achieved the greatest success in trolling Dawkins.
I've been wondering about this possibility from the beginning of that entire mess - that Shermer might be smarter to play the long game and just let the whole thing fade away, determining if there are any real world costs to himself before invoking the expensive nuclear option of a lawsuit (and the long window of inactivity might well be an indicator of that strategy). For instance, how often does this subject even show on anyone's radar at the moment? The modern media/news cycle has gotten to the point that it seems to be measured in days and hours and Shermer may well recognize this as it fades from 'old news' to 'no news'. Combined with Peezus' rapidly shrinking range of effectiveness, the only material damage could well be to Peezus himself (to his reputation, such as it is) and not Shermer in the long run.

Personally, I would still like to see Shermer use that leverage in some form to shut Peezus/FftB down and scatter those creeps to the internet winds. What a wonderful day that would be, but I figure they will do it to themselves in the fullness of time.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Service Dog wrote: <snip>
I was thinking "Lodi Grope Festival"...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Apples wrote:Because no matter how forgettable the song or braindead the video, it must be said that Miley is ascending the everest of self-objectification with her white-tankini-or-nothing-at-all routine and is certainly making the most of her 15 minutes of nubility:

[youtube]My2FRPA3Gf8[/youtube]
Such a sad, melancholy song. So sad in fact that Miley is crying throughout the video...And licking a sledgehammer....In the nude.
I always strip naked and molest tools when I'm sad.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Zenspace wrote:
<snip>

When they run out of, or no longer have the weapons to reach external 'enemies' (I think the Shermer allegation proves this) they will savagely consume themselves. It's glorious.

Myers isn't safe from it; Hence the obsequiousness to Watson who still seems the spiritual figurehead of this movement, I suspect because she achieved the greatest success in trolling Dawkins.
I've been wondering about this possibility from the beginning of that entire mess - that Shermer might be smarter to play the long game and just let the whole thing fade away, determining if there are any real world costs to himself before invoking the expensive nuclear option of a lawsuit (and the long window of inactivity might well be an indicator of that strategy). For instance, how often does this subject even show on anyone's radar at the moment? The modern media/news cycle has gotten to the point that it seems to be measured in days and hours and Shermer may well recognize this as it fades from 'old news' to 'no news'. Combined with Peezus' rapidly shrinking range of effectiveness, the only material damage could well be to Peezus himself (to his reputation, such as it is) and not Shermer in the long run.

Personally, I would still like to see Shermer use that leverage in some form to shut Peezus/FftB down and scatter those creeps to the internet winds. What a wonderful day that would be, but I figure they will do it to themselves in the fullness of time.[/quote]

If he lets it go, the horde will be emboldened and bring back the accusations stronger than ever. Shermer will always be known as the rapist, it won't go away. It won't go away even if Shermer wins his lawsuit, but it will slow it down... some. Maybe they will think twice before accusing someone of a serious crime (ha ha, no they won't) without proof. He should follow through with this or he will have to live with the consequences. And yes, I'm probably not being objective, wanting PZ to suffer something for being such an asshat.

tina

Post by tina »

Tony Parsehole wrote: I always strip naked and molest tools when I'm sad.
You need to twerk more. Srsly. :goatse:

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I fucked up the quote...got a phone call in the middle of typing and screwed up (the last paragraph is mine in that last post). Shit.

welch

Post by welch »

Guest wrote:Here I am, I couldn't be more sympathetic to the cause of Fathers, equal custody, and custody support, and yet, once more when reading AVFM, I find myself weeping for the tortured English language.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/fathers ... -families/

Won't someone think of the metaphors?
Metaphors, similes and analogies should be left to those who have taken the time to learn to use them well.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Remick wrote:@deLurch, How many decades are you going back for Republicans to be "fiscally conservative" and that meaning something other than "defund shit I don't like"?
Well the have certainly lost that reputation since Clinton. The other side of that coin is that it was just a reputation, not necessarily the truth.

welch

Post by welch »

mordacious1 wrote:Here's proof that the baboons can be sexist pigs:

I love the smile. "Hey Beavis, I totally touched her boob!"

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

yomomma wrote:
Southern wrote:Don't worry, Rebecca. PZ will burn all the bridges just to stay with you. He will protect you, my dear, yes. PZ will take care of you very well... no, don't cry, Rebecca, don't cry... PZ is there for you... PZ send all the bad men away... then all the bad women away... You need no Skepchicks, my dear Rebecca, you only need PZ... daddy PZ is there for you... right... now chill down, my dear, chill down... let me smell your painted hair... yes... delicious, my dear, delicious...
Daddy's gonna check out all your boyfriends for you
Daddy won't let anyone dirty get through...

Some deep psychosis and damage going on in the PZ/RW relationship. Big time creepy.
[youtube]W_g8l0TDZkE[/youtube]

Post by Guest »

mordacious1 wrote:And yes, I'm probably not being objective, wanting PZ to suffer something for being such an asshat.
It's understandable. The fact that Pissy and the rest of the shitheads keep getting respect/recognition from people still boggles me.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Guest wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:And yes, I'm probably not being objective, wanting PZ to suffer something for being such an asshat.
It's understandable. The fact that Pissy and the rest of the shitheads keep getting respect/recognition from people still boggles me.
If there was one daily fact that keeps reminding me with a single, nonconvertible truth that the bulk of the human race is comprised of unsentient primates, that right there is it. :doh:

heddle

Post by heddle »

John Greg wrote:Well, my post at Carrier's blog no longer shows as "in moderation" so I guess that particular brave social justice warrior, Mr. Intellectual Artillery of FfTB himself, continues to show his true FfTB colours. Colours.

Carrier, fuck you and your Titanic sized ego into the ground, hmm? OK? OK.
I don’t think I have ever come across anyone as self-deluded as Richard Carrier. Has anyone here commented on his auction contribution?

If so, I’m sorry to bring it up again. But it is just sooooo good. He describes what he is auctioning. Speaking once again in 3rd person he notes that there will be an auction of “a piece of unusual Richard Carrier memorabilia.” The description, which clearly he wrote, adds:

• This is a rare treat
• In fact, it’s unique
• It’s a book endorsed by Dembski, but that’s not what makes it special
• The special thing is that this specific volume was bought by Richard Carrier
• And [oh my!] he extensively annotated the margins of nearly every page
• This is a rare piece of History
• Dr. Carrier is at last [I kid you not—it reads at last] giving it up to posterity

He adds that he hopes whoever wins it keeps it safe “since it is definitely a unique piece of minor history”

*barf*

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

mordacious1 wrote:
Zenspace wrote:
<snip>

Personally, I would still like to see Shermer use that leverage in some form to shut Peezus/FftB down and scatter those creeps to the internet winds. What a wonderful day that would be, but I figure they will do it to themselves in the fullness of time.
If he lets it go, the horde will be emboldened and bring back the accusations stronger than ever. Shermer will always be known as the rapist, it won't go away. It won't go away even if Shermer wins his lawsuit, but it will slow it down... some. Maybe they will think twice before accusing someone of a serious crime (ha ha, no they won't) without proof. He should follow through with this or he will have to live with the consequences. And yes, I'm probably not being objective, wanting PZ to suffer something for being such an asshat.
I'm inclined to have that as my first reaction as well, but I'm not fully convinced of the reality of it. Peezus and friends operate in an increasingly isolated circle. Sure, the initial accusation got him some major hit traffic, but it also fatally fried a lot of his connections. Even he alluded as much. Every day it seems another formerly silent or neutral voice stands up to push back at them. They may still try it again in the future, but the audience will continue to shrink. Even the more high profile targets such as Dawkins are recognizing that the best thing is just to ignore the miscreants. On top of that, we are also seeing more of the "Oh, for fuck's sake, what are those assclowns up to NOW!?!?!" reaction from a much broader audience, whereas it used to be more-or-less unique to the Pyt. It has been a slow, painfully slow, process, but it seems to be moving in that direction.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Skeptic_Duh wrote:I knew I should of have studied mental shields in school:
A Centerville woman accused of urging her husband to shoot their neighbor over "telepathic rape" has pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
http://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms/sites/dt. ... image/jpeg

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56909 ... d.html.csp

DON'T YOU DARE CALL THEM CRAZY! :rimshot:
That story is worth clicking on just to see the picture of the husband. You're probably thinking 'it can't possibly top the woman...' Trust me. This pair has seen some rough road.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Part & parcel with Peezus' manichaean zealotry. The Gops are EVIL, the Dems GOOD. When Bush did it, it was EVIL, when obama does the same or worse, it's ... it's .... hey, get out of my vagina, Republicans!

That's one of the reasons I'm independent. But it swings both ways. We have 'Obamacare' which is the most evil thing ever, only it's the same fucking health care plan the Republicans were endorsing back during the Clinton administration. Back then it was a 'good thing,' now it's 'the root of all evil.'

Rope apologist

Post by Rope apologist »

heddle wrote:
John Greg wrote:Well, my post at Carrier's blog no longer shows as "in moderation" so I guess that particular brave social justice warrior, Mr. Intellectual Artillery of FfTB himself, continues to show his true FfTB colours. Colours.

I don’t think I have ever come across anyone as self-deluded as Richard Carrier. Has anyone here commented on his auction contribution?

If so, I’m sorry to bring it up again. But it is just sooooo good. He describes what he is auctioning. Speaking once again in 3rd person he notes that there will be an auction of “a piece of unusual Richard Carrier memorabilia.” The description, which clearly he wrote, adds:

• This is a rare treat
• In fact, it’s unique
• Dr. Carrier is at last [I kid you not—it reads at last] giving it up to posterity

He adds that he hopes whoever wins it keeps it safe “since it is definitely a unique piece of minor history”

*barf*
But have you thought about just how minor that history is?

It'll be almost unique in how irrelevant it is.

BillHamp

Post by BillHamp »

yomomma wrote:
debaser71 wrote:It's required at places to keep "clean shaven" have "trimmed hair" "wear a full suit" etc etc....please in regards to how women are "allowed" to look and dress....it's sexist towards men. Women have it easy. Life on easy-mode!
Not in this instance. Requiring women to wear makeup is one thing. Requiring them to look like a Drag Queen is another. And women should be allowed to go makeupless if they want.

This is clearly a legitimate feminist issue IMO. Not the bullshit the SJW feminists are focusing on. These kind of requirements is where they should put their energy, but they would rather focus on perceived rape intentions of individual men of which there is no evidence of intended rape.

Priorities.
Actually, it's a uniform issue, not a gender, feminism, whatever issue. Hooters girls are required to look and dress a certain way, just as Chip-n-Dale dancers are. It is a uniform and if you want the job, you wear the uniform. It is a part of the job, which is different from say granting sexual favors, which is not part of the job (unless you are a hooker in Vegas).

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

The bi's and lesbians are running close:
Thank you for voting!

Bisexual 50.27% (8,474 votes)
Lesbian 49.73% (8,383 votes)

Total Votes: 16,857

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

BillHamp wrote:It is a uniform and if you want the job, you wear the uniform. It is a part of the job, which is different from say granting sexual favors, which is not part of the job (unless you are a hooker in Vegas).
Well I feel uncomfortable now.

JudgeFudge

Post by JudgeFudge »

Just believe the victims!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/25/p ... ing-child/
A Colorado woman is accused of beating to death a homeless man she suspected of molesting a child.

Police said 33-year-old Forsythia Owen admitted to killing Denzel Rainey after a child told her the man had sexually abused her.

The 42-year-old Rainey’s body was found early Sunday in an Englewood, Colo., alley with head lacerations and a fractured skull.

Both of Rainey’s arms, six ribs and his left hand were also broken, investigators said.

He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

According to court documents, Owen told police she’d beaten Rainey to death with a baseball bat after she learned of the molestation and went to the alley where he slept.

Rainey’s widow said her husband had been struggling with alcohol abuse and recently became homeless.

She said he would never have hurt a child.

Owen was charged with first-degree murder and remains held without bond at Arapahoe County Detention Facility.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

BillHamp wrote:Actually, it's a uniform issue, not a gender, feminism, whatever issue. Hooters girls are required to look and dress a certain way, just as Chip-n-Dale dancers are. It is a uniform and if you want the job, you wear the uniform. It is a part of the job, which is different from say granting sexual favors, which is not part of the job (unless you are a hooker in Vegas).
*nod*

No pants.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... pndale.jpg

*giggle*

Linus

Post by Linus »

Mental illness 80.49% (11,523 votes)

Blind 19.51% (2,793 votes)
Poor blind people, must have been hitting the wrong button.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

bovarchist wrote:
Skeptic_Duh wrote:I knew I should of have studied mental shields in school:
A Centerville woman accused of urging her husband to shoot their neighbor over "telepathic rape" has pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
http://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms/sites/dt. ... image/jpeg

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56909 ... d.html.csp

DON'T YOU DARE CALL THEM CRAZY! :rimshot:
That story is worth clicking on just to see the picture of the husband. You're probably thinking 'it can't possibly top the woman...' Trust me. This pair has seen some rough road.
I assumed that was the husband.

Linus

Post by Linus »

heddle wrote:

• This is a rare treat
• In fact, it’s unique

*barf*
Bahahaha. Apparently Carrier is just a couple notches below an Aristotle or an Einstein in his own mind.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

BillHamp wrote:
yomomma wrote:
debaser71 wrote:It's required at places to keep "clean shaven" have "trimmed hair" "wear a full suit" etc etc....please in regards to how women are "allowed" to look and dress....it's sexist towards men. Women have it easy. Life on easy-mode!
Not in this instance. Requiring women to wear makeup is one thing. Requiring them to look like a Drag Queen is another. And women should be allowed to go makeupless if they want.

This is clearly a legitimate feminist issue IMO. Not the bullshit the SJW feminists are focusing on. These kind of requirements is where they should put their energy, but they would rather focus on perceived rape intentions of individual men of which there is no evidence of intended rape.

Priorities.
Actually, it's a uniform issue, not a gender, feminism, whatever issue. Hooters girls are required to look and dress a certain way, just as Chip-n-Dale dancers are. It is a uniform and if you want the job, you wear the uniform. It is a part of the job, which is different from say granting sexual favors, which is not part of the job (unless you are a hooker in Vegas).
http://24.media.tumblr.com/6b7e1331c2fb ... o1_500.gif

acathode

Post by acathode »

Linus wrote:Bahahaha. Apparently Carrier is just a couple notches below an Aristotle or an Einstein in his own mind.
Which is why it's so funny when he smacks into the brick wall of reality, like when everyone voted down his A+ speech video and he started crying.

Munkhausian

Post by Munkhausian »

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are cunts at the bottom of it too?"
~ Douglas Adams

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

JudgeFudge wrote:Just believe the victims!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/25/p ... ing-child/
A Colorado woman is accused of beating to death a homeless man she suspected of molesting a child.

Police said 33-year-old Forsythia Owen admitted to killing Denzel Rainey after a child told her the man had sexually abused her.

The 42-year-old Rainey’s body was found early Sunday in an Englewood, Colo., alley with head lacerations and a fractured skull.

Both of Rainey’s arms, six ribs and his left hand were also broken, investigators said.

He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

According to court documents, Owen told police she’d beaten Rainey to death with a baseball bat after she learned of the molestation and went to the alley where he slept.

Rainey’s widow said her husband had been struggling with alcohol abuse and recently became homeless.

She said he would never have hurt a child.

Owen was charged with first-degree murder and remains held without bond at Arapahoe County Detention Facility.
Assumed guilt without investigation, attacking the homeless, not caring about the friends and family of the person hurt...
When does she join FTB .

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

[Slymepit] Statistics
Total posts 132303 • Total topics 333 • Total members 793 • Our newest member Arthur

[AtheismPlus] Statistics
Total posts 92269 • Total topics 4864 • Total members 2787 •
Jus’ saying ….

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Even if it was proven that a bloke could telepathically rape women you'd have a hard time convincing me he'd bother with that saggy-lipped Sasquatch.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kareem wrote:Assumed guilt without investigation, attacking the homeless, not caring about the friends and family of the person hurt...
When does she join FTB .
This is a problem with many people. If you assume the role of judge, jury and executioner you could very well be wrong. Not only did she kill another human being, she has also completely fucked over her entire life.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Kareem wrote: Owen was charged with first-degree murder and remains held without bond at Arapahoe County Detention Facility.
[/quote]
Assumed guilt without investigation, attacking the homeless, not caring about the friends and family of the person hurt...
When does she join FTB .[/quote]

Isn't she Caine, Le Fleur de Boste?

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Even if it was proven that a bloke could telepathically rape women you'd have a hard time convincing me he'd bother with that saggy-lipped Sasquatch.
But the rape is telepathic, which means he's raping her mind. And her mind is fucking HAWWWWT.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

welch wrote:

If she knew how dangerous baboons can be she wouldn't let it grope her. Look at those fangs.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Tribble wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Part & parcel with Peezus' manichaean zealotry. The Gops are EVIL, the Dems GOOD. When Bush did it, it was EVIL, when obama does the same or worse, it's ... it's .... hey, get out of my vagina, Republicans!
That's one of the reasons I'm independent. But it swings both ways. We have 'Obamacare' which is the most evil thing ever, only it's the same fucking health care plan the Republicans were endorsing back during the Clinton administration. Back then it was a 'good thing,' now it's 'the root of all evil.'
The fact that the republican option, over time, becomes the "liberal" option should be a sign that there really isn't much of a divide between parties, except on social stuff. The two-party system works really well to divide people against each other and then, as with orwellian doublethink, both parties can simply choose to ignore a particular political or social issue. Suddenly, it disappears from American discourse.

This happens with legal inequities enshrined in law which men face (selective service, bitches!), it happens with gay rights (whenever liberals choose to ignore the plight of homosexuals, it's off the table for a while, as with Clinton's Don't Ask Don't Tell), it happens with torture and drone strikes (both mainstream parties are cool with drone strikes) and you damn well better believe it happens with war. When both parties are warmongers, the pacifist side of US political discourse is just fucking gone. Nobody reports on it, it's considered radical.

Our political system exploits binary thinking (republican/democrat) in order to sweep certain issues off the table entirely. Except for small third parties, but those almost never win elections and not having the money of the main parties is certainly part of the problem there. Hopefully the 2016 election will be a huge upset, and third parties will get tons of votes. The main two parties simply do not represent the average American I meet on the streets. I think we're all starting to realize this.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

heddle wrote: I don’t think I have ever come across anyone as self-deluded as Richard Carrier. Has anyone here commented on his auction contribution?

• This is a rare treat
• In fact, it’s unique

*barf*
What a cock. What an absolute cock.
He's giving away a book, written by somebody else, that's been scribbled on, and he's acting like it's the original manuscript of the Principia. Only the deluded Carrier could big-up such a blatantly dire gift. I bet you he writes poems about his turds.

*Just tried to leave a comment on the blogpost but it's in moderation and, unless he's so arrogant that he can't spot the most obvious sarcasm, I doubt it will see the light of day*

Southern

Post by Southern »

Jan Steen wrote:
welch wrote:

If she knew how dangerous baboons can be she wouldn't let it grope her. Look at those fangs.
You want to see a baboon grope a woman dangerously? Put PZ near Rebecca Watson.

:rimshot:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

heddle wrote:

• This is a rare treat
• In fact, it’s unique

*barf*
Carrier's is a classic case of Walter Mitty Syndrome.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jan Steen wrote:
welch wrote:

Well if that is the concern, the mistake isn't letting the baboon grope her. It is getting in the same cage for a promo shot. Now odds are the animal handler picked the most tame of all baboons, and is right there with her. But you are correct, there is always a risk.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bovarchist wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Even if it was proven that a bloke could telepathically rape women you'd have a hard time convincing me he'd bother with that saggy-lipped Sasquatch.
But the rape is telepathic, which means he's raping her mind. And her mind is fucking HAWWWWT.
She looks like she has a Nice Personality

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Lsuoma wrote:
another lurker wrote: Don't talk about overpopulation and pollution. It makes you a 'racist'. Yes, really:P

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=359
At least I don't work for Jews.

[youtube]deA0-GwGAPw[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

Jan Steen wrote:
welch wrote:

If she knew that, she wouldn't be in the ROOM with one.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

We Merkins are probably late getting this program (and David Tennant doesn't narrate our version), but it's freakin' awesome:

http://jdp.co.uk/programmes/earthflight

Peregrine falcon and starlings over Rome:

[youtube]3w90X92pDSs[/youtube]

windy

Post by windy »

Aneris wrote:
deLurch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:...
Now, I have to confess I was not aware that deer would do this. I actually had no idea that herbivores sometimes eat meat..
Yup. Go ahead and leave your baby with bambi's mom for a while and see what happens.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... sdeer.html

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/news/press/ontape.htm
Squirrels!! sometimes show cannibalistic behavior. They raid other squirrels nests and eat their babies, head first, sometimes they also eat mice in the same way.
And guess what those cute, innocent pandas get up to, when they think no one's looking?

http://cdn.theguardian.tv/brightcove/po ... 642066.jpg

BUSTED!

Dornier Pfeil

Post by Dornier Pfeil »

Karmakin wrote:At this current junction supply side economics is as rational/skeptical as Bigfoot or creationism.
There has never been a junction where a belief in infinite growth on a finite planet was rational. Temporarily not fatal? Sure. Rational? Never.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

heddle wrote: I don’t think I have ever come across anyone as self-deluded as Richard Carrier. Has anyone here commented on his auction contribution?

• This is a rare treat
• In fact, it’s unique

*barf*
You think that's narcissistic? You should see his bathroom.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 179ea5.png

JAB

Post by JAB »

heddle wrote: If so, I’m sorry to bring it up again. But it is just sooooo good. He describes what he is auctioning. Speaking once again in 3rd person he notes that there will be an auction of “a piece of unusual Richard Carrier memorabilia.” The description, which clearly he wrote, adds:

• This is a rare treat
• In fact, it’s unique

*barf*
I have in my possession a CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics annoted on almost every page in crayon by my daughter when she was about 3. (we used it as a booster seat for her at the kitchen table) Any bids? (postage extra)

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Ophelia has a cut 'n' paste post about research on stereotypes that discourage women from enrolling in computer science programs. I decided to check whether there really was a Stereotypes Identity and Belonging Lab, and yes indeed there is such a thing: http://depts.washington.edu/sibl/research.html

Here's the abstract from one of their publications:
Ambient belonging: how stereotypical cues impact gender participation in computer science.
Cheryan S, Plaut VC, Davies PG, Steele CM.
Source
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA. scheryan@u.washington.edu
Abstract
People can make decisions to join a group based solely on exposure to that group's physical environment. Four studies demonstrate that the gender difference in interest in computer science is influenced by exposure to environments associated with computer scientists. In Study 1, simply changing the objects in a computer science classroom from those considered stereotypical of computer science (e.g., Star Trek poster, video games) to objects not considered stereotypical of computer science (e.g., nature poster, phone books) was sufficient to boost female undergraduates' interest in computer science to the level of their male peers. Further investigation revealed that the stereotypical broadcast a masculine stereotype that discouraged women's sense of ambient belonging and subsequent interest in the environment (Studies 2, 3, and 4) but had no similar effect on men (Studies 3, 4). This masculine stereotype prevented women's interest from developing even in environments entirely populated by other women (Study 2). Objects can thus come to broadcast stereotypes of a group, which in turn can deter people who do not identify with these stereotypes from joining that group.
PMID: 19968418
Deterred from pursuing a degree in a possible subject of interest by Star Trek posters? Really? Attracted by the presence of phone books? Who the fuck under the age of 75 uses phone books these days anyway? Are all women supposed to be so shallow that they allow room decor to sway their preferences for fields of study? I can't believe that shite gets funded. WTFveganBBQ.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

BillHamp wrote:
yomomma wrote:

Priorities.
Well, that's what the Supreme Court argued, but they were negligent in their decision, IMO. First of all, a company should be obligated to fully disclose their "uniform" requirement before they hire -- at the very least. Secondly, the job I accepted is not at a Tilted Kilt or Hooters, it's at a high end coffee shop. By this logic, Microsoft could require all their female employees to just wear bras without shirts or tight miniskirts as part of their uniform.

It's a terrible law. It totally perpetuates gender stereotypes. While I actually do like makeup, I shouldn't be forced to wear a certain type when it wasn't disclosed up front as part of the uniform. Of course, if I accepted a job at Hooters and made a stink about the uniform, that would remiss on my part, but in this situation, it's pure sexism. And this is coming from a woman who finds feminism in the U.S. fairly unnecessary. Just because the SJW and A+ crowd are assholes, doesn't mean that genuine sexism never happens. It happens. It happens rarely, but it does happen in this instance, the Supreme Court got it wrong (although I don't think it was done in the spirit of misogyny, I think it was done in the spirit of business rights).

I wear a uniform at my other job -- the private club and have no problem with that. Telling a woman she needs to wear heavy makeup OTOH, in order to appear "sexier" or "prettier", or be fired, is sexist.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Heh. Ophelia has some APlussers on her butt for being an anti-Muslim bigot.

http://i.imgur.com/QFtPrcm.png

http://217.174.252.162/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5426
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... 175-75-120

And gee, PZ was just giving Condell shit for the commenters he "sent over" (Pat didn't) claiming feminists were soft on Islamic atrocities.

Oh, and PZ just posted a pic he agreed to do for a charity milestone: the Mad Naked Pirate. His title, not mine.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... pirate.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BarnOwl wrote:We Merkins are probably late getting this program (and David Tennant doesn't narrate our version), but it's freakin' awesome:

[.youtube]3w90X92pDSs[/youtube]
My girlfriend just told me about that last night. She was raving about it. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until it comes out on Nextflix to see whole episodes.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:You think that's narcissistic? You should see his bathroom.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 179ea5.png
Bravo! Tour de flush! :clap:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

THIS IS NOT A PHOTOSHOP.

Meyers has a photo of himself naked (chest upwards) but for a HILARIOUS pirate hat. This was the HILARIOUS forfeit he made for a charity fundraising reaching a certain amount. HILARIOUS, I'm sure you'll agree.

Hasn't he got an oddly hairless body. And if you go to the original (http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... pirate.jpg Notice he calls it "MADnakedpirate". Thanks for showing your mental ability privilege, Meyers) and zoom in, you'll see a nose brutalized by years of drink, apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/cbsKx6z.jpg

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Gumby wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:We Merkins are probably late getting this program (and David Tennant doesn't narrate our version), but it's freakin' awesome:

[.youtube]3w90X92pDSs[/youtube]
My girlfriend just told me about that last night. She was raving about it. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until it comes out on Nextflix to see whole episodes.
The South America episode is showing on my local PBS station starting in about 25 minutes. They're promising Andean condors and scarlet macaws ....