Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Tribble

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Zvan needs a cigar in her mouth for this one.

P.S. She's an American, so shouldn't it be "Inc."?
That's a can of worms. 'Incorporated (Inc.)' the 'prim and proper' indicator. However, Ltd is acceptable for a corporation as it's indicating it is a limited liability association thus would be warning the public of its nature. Company (Co.) is also acceptable for the same reason. LLC has become acceptable, though it confuses many, because you can have (for tax and governance purposes) corporate-structured LLCs as well as partnership-structured LLCs and, in some states, sole-proprietorship structured LLCs.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
I think that pic would work better with Greg Laden instead of Oolon.
Only if I had also turned Peezus into Zvan. And La-Den doesn't say "hehe" all the time.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

In the guardian comment section on sexism in sciences...

3 PEOPLE, 3 COMMENTS

TheJoyOfEssex
23 October 2013 7:42am

Sexism made me turn my back on physics and work for an investment bank.
If every scientist shared my principles the world would be a better place.

FUCKING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!ELEBENTYONE!!
gotta be trollin'

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
DeepInsideYourMind wrote:Been meaning to ask for ages ... where did the concept of "men using women as toilets" begin, and WTF does it actually mean?
It's derived from a Bensonism. She once said a\something like "It all begins to make sense once you start thinking of woman as toilets" or something similar.

FWIW, I think she's secretly a coprophile, and loves reading The Horror in the Tower by Edward Upward.
Wasn't it Melissa McEwen of Shakesville who originated the women-as-toilets meme?
I think the earliest appearance of the meme was in Muttley McLad's 1985 treatise on the female condition titled - Beer & Sex & Chips n Gravy. Here is the pertinent section from one of the 20th century's finest thinkers:

Treat your women like toilets
They're happy when you're abusing them
But toilets don't follow you round when you've finished using them

[youtube]Z2LrDzOwuOU[/youtube]

Did you enjoy that lurkers?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

woah those nipples I see on that guy in your pic suet??
way to objectify men
baboons, don't do that.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

JAB wrote:Oh, and if any of the 'shoppers running with the Svan meme wants to cater to us old folk... How about dropping her into a pic between Clint Eastwood and Jessica Walter in "Play Misty for Me"
http://i.imgur.com/G9zBAv5.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Holy CRAP... where'd I put my gun? And my can of Raid? :shock:

(Awesome, Jan)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/idEfpmr.jpg
:lol: :clap:

Let Zvan take the ZISL out of your relationships!

Although, in passing and on a related comment of yours, I thought that that post of Switek's (sp?) gave some justification for thinking that Wilcox had in fact been harassing him - at least by SJW standards. In which case I sort of expected Zvan having to apologize for having apologized.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Zvan needs a cigar in her mouth for this one.

I dunno. I nicked the sign from Strawkins, ask him :D

She's a shit-stirring social justice troll ahead of all else, so it should probably be "FOAD."

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

This just in. Lowest numbers I can recall seeing on false rape. Noteworthy because it is on /r/MensRights which is the last place I would have expected to see numbers this low (30-40% is what I normally see).
We as a society can - and in my opinion, should - help victims of both rape, and false rape claims.

It helps no one - save false rape accusers - to marginalize or deny the existence and significance of false rape claims as an issue.

TLDR:

At least 6% of rape claims are false
The vast majority of rape claims are unknown whether they are true or false
The 6% figure does not include mistaken accusations where the accuser was raped but named the wrong defendant
The 6% figure only includes those cases where there is strong proof it was false
False rape claims often result in serious harm, even the ones that do not end in conviction
Punishing false accusers does not mean that a genuine rape accuser would be prosecuted if they could not prove they were raped
False rape claims are more common than false claims of other crimes, by severalfold
Rape victims receive a lot of help, but false rape claim victims receive virtually none - this should be changed.
H/T COWT (which incidentally also has an apology up titled COTWA was wrong about the Ohio University video sex act
According to Gawker, a reliable source said, "the video shows both parties actively participating, and they both acknowledge that they are being filmed and observed." And: “Another source told the site that the photo’s subjects ‘posed for pictures with each other and with several bystanders after they were finished.’” Investigators urged people not to do the very thing COTWA did: rush to judgement.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
It would work better if Oolon was bursting out of PZ's arse.

dogen

Post by dogen »

jimthepleb wrote:In the guardian comment section on sexism in sciences...

3 PEOPLE, 3 COMMENTS

TheJoyOfEssex

gotta be trollin'
Linky dinky?

windy

Post by windy »

AndrewV69 wrote: It is not just polygamy but also the invaders did not bring their women with them as seen from Y-chromosome, mtDNA, and autosomal DNA from Treilles (5,000 years ago, Neolithic France) for example.

Basically, we have a case where ancient DNA reveals male diffusion through the Neolithic Mediterranean route and incidentally, the fact that they did not bring their women (few, if any) with them.

I think we can reasonably assume that natural selection, favoured the women who were able coexist with the invaders after they killed off their existing menfolk, and that the women who could not, died without reproducing.
You're letting your imagination run ahead of you again. That's one possible process contributing to the pattern, but the above study with its very small sample size is not good evidence for it. As one commenter points out:
Annie Mouse wrote:If G2 were a major marker of neolithic expansion from the east then what is clear is that it did not take. G2 is a minor haplogroup in Europe today. Even in France (2.5%). No evidence for Neolithic extermination here.

It seems to me this is a just a G2 dominated kinship group. An artifact of a patrilocal society. More likely to have originated in Switzerland (10%) than Turkey (11%).

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Za-zen wrote:For those of you without the ability to google, make up your own mind

http://www.freezepage.com/1382612490TSMUPUBSHF
Ta. I had naively assumed a public mea culpa would be umm public, not relegated to freezepage, didn't even know he had a WP site. Sounds like he was using a blogging version of snapchat!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

AndrewV69 wrote:This just in. Lowest numbers I can recall seeing on false rape. Noteworthy because it is on /r/MensRights which is the last place I would have expected to see numbers this low (30-40% is what I normally see).
We as a society can - and in my opinion, should - help victims of both rape, and false rape claims.

It helps no one - save false rape accusers - to marginalize or deny the existence and significance of false rape claims as an issue.

TLDR:

At least 6% of rape claims are false
The vast majority of rape claims are unknown whether they are true or false
The 6% figure does not include mistaken accusations where the accuser was raped but named the wrong defendant
The 6% figure only includes those cases where there is strong proof it was false
False rape claims often result in serious harm, even the ones that do not end in conviction
Punishing false accusers does not mean that a genuine rape accuser would be prosecuted if they could not prove they were raped
False rape claims are more common than false claims of other crimes, by severalfold
Rape victims receive a lot of help, but false rape claim victims receive virtually none - this should be changed.
H/T COWT (which incidentally also has an apology up titled COTWA was wrong about the Ohio University video sex act
According to Gawker, a reliable source said, "the video shows both parties actively participating, and they both acknowledge that they are being filmed and observed." And: “Another source told the site that the photo’s subjects ‘posed for pictures with each other and with several bystanders after they were finished.’” Investigators urged people not to do the very thing COTWA did: rush to judgement.

I would read what the author said as: "At a minimum, 6% of rape claims are clearly fraudulent/hoax claims." While he doesn't provide hard numbers for all other false-claim categories which could include additional fraudulent/hoax claims not fully investigated or where the claimant didn't recant, etc. At least in what you quoted.

Or, in short, he's just setting the minimum false-accusation baseline.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Ape+lust wrote:
JAB wrote:Oh, and if any of the 'shoppers running with the Svan meme wants to cater to us old folk... How about dropping her into a pic between Clint Eastwood and Jessica Walter in "Play Misty for Me"
http://i.imgur.com/G9zBAv5.jpg
thanks!!! well done.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

windy wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: It is not just polygamy but also the invaders did not bring their women with them as seen from Y-chromosome, mtDNA, and autosomal DNA from Treilles (5,000 years ago, Neolithic France) for example.

Basically, we have a case where ancient DNA reveals male diffusion through the Neolithic Mediterranean route and incidentally, the fact that they did not bring their women (few, if any) with them.

I think we can reasonably assume that natural selection, favoured the women who were able coexist with the invaders after they killed off their existing menfolk, and that the women who could not, died without reproducing.
You're letting your imagination run ahead of you again. That's one possible process contributing to the pattern, but the above study with its very small sample size is not good evidence for it. As one commenter points out:
Annie Mouse wrote:If G2 were a major marker of neolithic expansion from the east then what is clear is that it did not take. G2 is a minor haplogroup in Europe today. Even in France (2.5%). No evidence for Neolithic extermination here.

It seems to me this is a just a G2 dominated kinship group. An artifact of a patrilocal society. More likely to have originated in Switzerland (10%) than Turkey (11%).
Fair enough. I will try to remember to include some weasel words to that effect in the future. I usually do anyway, but I was starting to get complains as I recall about excessive verbiage and yadda yadda yadd blah blah (not the same thing and so on and so forth ... yes I just put your retort in for you but feel free to come up with your own anyway).

Got to run. Another brother plus wife are visiting. This one has 10 children plus one on the way as she is preggers again.

FYITMI?. I did not honk her tits seeing as I initiated the hug.

windy

Post by windy »

Ape+lust wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Zvan needs a cigar in her mouth for this one.

I dunno. I nicked the sign from Strawkins, ask him :D

She's a shit-stirring social justice troll ahead of all else, so it should probably be "FOAD."
"501(c)(3) status pending approval with the IRS"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

German LurkBoatsman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I am sure there was a blah hag strike at Eberhard (quickly revoked) beyond the black speaker issue ... wasn't there?

I recall as part f it she spilled some private beans on him and mental health or sex life or something. I can't find it or the make up post on her blog now, but there are some comments here hinting at my wafty memory:
That was on twitter, I think after JT put up a post defending himself against Jenn's privilege/racism/mansplaining blame game. Some highlights:
The "hardest thing ever" tweet was between Jenn's original post and JT's reaction. She only escalates after that (aug 21) and then seemed pretty shocked he wasn't enthusiastically consenting to his being abused. Sounds like a cheap shot, but the whole process gives off some bipolar vibes to me, not terribly unusual in depressive people I think. That's why, in my more empathic moments, I wish for Jenn to get out of that toxic environment.
Of course it's only her decision. If she prefers to be a cunt in public, I'll gladly laugh on.

Ahh thanks, no posting only twitter, got it now! ;) :doh:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote: But since that seems to be strong interest of yours, I happened to run across something related, but I don’t remember the specifics or where I saw it – or even if it was accurate. But it argued that the genetic diversity in men was very much less than that in women, largely because of the prevalence of polygamy in our various ancestors. You ever run across anything like that? Know where I might search for such? Tks.
Does this help? Now that was a real 'rape culture'!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote: But since that seems to be strong interest of yours, I happened to run across something related, but I don’t remember the specifics or where I saw it – or even if it was accurate. But it argued that the genetic diversity in men was very much less than that in women, largely because of the prevalence of polygamy in our various ancestors. You ever run across anything like that? Know where I might search for such? Tks.
Thanks. Interesting read though I've only skimmed it so far. But "to the victor go the spoils" and all that.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Steersman wrote:
First couple sites that turned up on a search of polygamy & genetic diversity:
http://blog.23andme.com/ancestry/polyga ... our-genes/
http://evoandproud.blogspot.com/2009/01 ... rsity.html

Following links at a SciAm page led me to this, from 2008:
http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/inf ... en.1000202
<snip>
Thanks muchly Skep.

That PLOS quotation rings a bit of a bell, though not sure where or how I ran across it.
Skep tickle gave you some good links but here is another. This one concerns the Neolithic super-grandfathers of the Chinese although I can not be certain what kind of polygamy was involved I think we can be safe in atributing it to some form of it. Anyway the findings are that 6,000 years later we see:
that ~40% of modern Chinese are patrilineal descendants of only three super-grandfathers at that time.
But it does not tell the whole story. Certain aspects of human history are not really all happy dance around the fire singing and in harmony. Anyway, I believe I have said as much if not here elsewhere. ....
Thanks.

Some food for thought and some interesting reading there in all of it. Although, as Windy suggested, rather too easy at times - for all of us, and in many situations - to draw connections between the dots that the data doesn't really support. :-)

Why I tend, as you later suggested doing yourself, to qualify my statements, even if that seems to peeve some people. Seems to me that it is, largely in any case, only the careless and the demagogues who make categorical statements. Reminds me of the old joke of some guy at a party stating that "only foot-ball players and prostitutes came from Minnesota". And, on being told by his interlocutor that his wife came from Minnesota, asked, "Really? What position did she play?" .... :rimshot: :-)

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Reminds me of the old joke of some guy at a party stating that "only foot-ball players and prostitutes came from Minnesota". And, on being told by his interlocutor that his wife came from Minnesota, asked, "Really? What position did she play?" ....
When people tell that joke in the UK they say rugby instead of football. By coincidence, there is a position in rugby called "hooker":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooker_%28rugby_league%29

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Myers wasn't bad looking in his youth
http://thehumanist.org/wp-content/uploa ... yers-1.jpg

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

German LurkBoatsman wrote:The funniest thing about Rebeccas begging page: of the 34 people who have pledged her money, 27 identify by a male name or nym. No POC in sight, either.

With ~80% male whiteness around, Becky supporters form a less diverse group than physics majors (24% women) ------ in 1978!

I don't know what that is. A privilege indulgence fee? Paying their own cyber dominatrix? Testosterone brain damage? Is it only white men who still buy Becky's shit? Is RW just a joke muppet of the patriarchy? Opium for the people women guilt-stricken masses? :think:

It's time for another A+ kickstarter: send some women some money to support Becky Watson's e-begging...
You didn't see when we posted the Alexa rankings, did you.

Freethoughtblogs has more white upper-class males than the A Voice For Men. Not joking.

It's the elephant in the room that the vast majority of Rebecca's followers are straight white men. I really hate this word, but "mangina" seems like a fair assessment. Or at least, men who live to debase and insult themselves by proxy of insulting maleness, masculinity, and elevating women to pedestal idol status.

I haven't seen the Skepchick Alexa yet, but I am pretty sure FTB gets a lot of audience crossover with Skepchick.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Reminds me of the old joke of some guy at a party stating that "only foot-ball players and prostitutes came from Minnesota". And, on being told by his interlocutor that his wife came from Minnesota, asked, "Really? What position did she play?" ....
When people tell that joke in the UK they say rugby instead of football. By coincidence, there is a position in rugby called "hooker":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooker_%28rugby_league%29
The first time I heard that joke was 40+ years ago by a travelling salesman in Arizona that learning I was from Canada, who used the wife as from Winnipeg and the game was hockey.I gather he thought it was safe because my SO and I were from BC.
I mentioned that my new sister-in-law was from Winnipeg.
No offense taken though, she had played goalie on a high school team.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Thanks. Interesting read though I've only skimmed it so far. But "to the victor go the spoils" and all that.
I would have mentioned Gengis Khan but I did not have the time just now to reference a good link and verify it seeing as I am determined to keep Sister-in-Law out of the kitchen unless it is in a supervisory role.

I had her watch and critique my meatloaf prep just now for instance. I figure seeing as she is accustomed to feeding 12 at a minimum I may as well pick her brains while she is here and I learn better if I actually do it rather than watch.

Anyway, here is an article written in 2010 about 1 in 200 men direct descendants of Genghis Khan

I would also recommend this book Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World despite the fact that the author tends to, let us say, kind of takes a bit of a romantic view of events from time to time.

Finally, and because I am interested in migrations, admixture and replacement events I would recommend this :Across the sea of grass: how Northern Europeans got to be ~10% Northeast Asian as very well worth the read.
Steersman wrote: Some food for thought and some interesting reading there in all of it. Although, as Windy suggested, rather too easy at times - for all of us, and in many situations - to draw connections between the dots that the data doesn't really support. :-)

Why I tend, as you later suggested doing yourself, to qualify my statements, even if that seems to peeve some people. Seems to me that it is, largely in any case, only the careless and the demagogues who make categorical statements.
Aye. Been there done that and got the T-shirt.
Steersman wrote: Reminds me of the old joke of some guy at a party stating that "only foot-ball players and prostitutes came from Minnesota". And, on being told by his interlocutor that his wife came from Minnesota, asked, "Really? What position did she play?" .... :rimshot: :-)
Reminds me of a drunken comment one night by an application programmer that half the women in his department resembled that remark in that you would assume from their build that they did play professional (American) football.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Tribble wrote: I would read what the author said as: "At a minimum, 6% of rape claims are clearly fraudulent/hoax claims." While he doesn't provide hard numbers for all other false-claim categories which could include additional fraudulent/hoax claims not fully investigated or where the claimant didn't recant, etc. At least in what you quoted.

Same.

So that's 6% at minimum. There are probably a lot of other cases where the evidence was inconclusive and so the victim was believed over the accused, the accused went to prison for a crime he did not do and was raped in prison. False rape accusations can cause real rape. Prison rape is still rape. And if it ever comes out he was innocent, feminists will cry that the woman shouldn't be punished because punishing false rape accusations will encourage real rapes to go unreported. While ignoring that SJW feminists telling women "don't report your rape because cops are all patriarchy" is what will REALLY result in more real rapes going unreported.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Nope, this image is made perfect by it being Oolon, and his trademark sloppy snigger. The great God La-Den is more characterized by his incessant cockups and laughable rages of impotent internet fury.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

James Caruthers wrote:
Tribble wrote: I would read what the author said as: "At a minimum, 6% of rape claims are clearly fraudulent/hoax claims." While he doesn't provide hard numbers for all other false-claim categories which could include additional fraudulent/hoax claims not fully investigated or where the claimant didn't recant, etc. At least in what you quoted.

Same.

So that's 6% at minimum. There are probably a lot of other cases where the evidence was inconclusive and so the victim was believed over the accused, the accused went to prison for a crime he did not do and was raped in prison. False rape accusations can cause real rape. Prison rape is still rape. And if it ever comes out he was innocent, feminists will cry that the woman shouldn't be punished because punishing false rape accusations will encourage real rapes to go unreported. While ignoring that SJW feminists telling women "don't report your rape because cops are all patriarchy" is what will REALLY result in more real rapes going unreported.
Since you are a SJW yourself, could you elaborate what your team actually tries to achieve? What I see so far is that one side claims authorities won't believe their reports. The other claims they believe reports too much. A classic conflict about the pretogative of interpretation.

KenD

Post by KenD »

dogen wrote:

3 PEOPLE, 3 COMMENTS

TheJoyOfEssex

gotta be trollin'
Linky dinky?
Here's the Grauniad article, and here's the piece complaining about the "Cox effect" that seems to have inspired this debate in the UK.

I find it interesting that showing scientific instruments like telescopes and particle accelerators is considered "male gendered" and off-putting to women, while showing more "meetings, networking and so on" would supposedly encourage women to become scientists. It contradicts some feminist complaints about sexism that I've seen aimed at people who do try to tailor their products to women.

windy

Post by windy »

Here's another cool recent study:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles ... de-by-side
Hunter-gatherers and immigrant farmers lived side-by-side for more than 2,000 years in Central Europe, before the hunter-gatherer communities died out or were absorbed into the farming population.

In a paper published today in Science, researchers describe their analysis of DNA and isotopes from human bones found in the 'Blätterhöhle' cave near Hagen in Germany, where both hunter-gatherers and farmers were buried.

The team, led by anthropologist Professor Joachim Burger of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany, used stable isotopes to determine their diet, DNA to investigate how they were related, and radiocarbon to establish how old the bones were.

"It is commonly assumed that the European hunter-gatherers disappeared soon after the arrival of farmers”, said Dr Ruth Bollongino, lead author of the study. “But our study shows that the descendants of the first European humans maintained their hunter-gatherer way of life, and lived in parallel with the immigrant farmers, for at least 2,000 years. The hunter-gathering way of life only died out in Central Europe around 5,000 years ago, much later than previously thought."

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

There's a new Yemmi-poem:
Moon, Moon, Moon
Make me swoon
Under your beam
Give me steam

Birds, Birds, Birds
I am off to bed
Sing me a melody
No more parody
Under your beam? Uh hunh. :mrgreen:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Aneris wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

Same.

Since you are a SJW yourself, could you elaborate what your team actually tries to achieve? What I see so far is that one side claims authorities won't believe their reports. The other claims they believe reports too much. A classic conflict about the pretogative of interpretation.
Hmmmm. I did not get the idea that he was a SJW (in the pejorative sense that is).

dogen

Post by dogen »

KenD wrote:
dogen wrote:

3 PEOPLE, 3 COMMENTS

TheJoyOfEssex

gotta be trollin'
Linky dinky?
Here's the Grauniad article, and here's the piece complaining about the "Cox effect" that seems to have inspired this debate in the UK.

I find it interesting that showing scientific instruments like telescopes and particle accelerators is considered "male gendered" and off-putting to women, while showing more "meetings, networking and so on" would supposedly encourage women to become scientists. It contradicts some feminist complaints about sexism that I've seen aimed at people who do try to tailor their products to women.
Thanks. The article is a classic example of a trend which seems to be sweeping blog sites: conflating science bloggers with scientists. Another example is PZ's post at http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... do-better/. From the comments:
Anchor wrote: Generally, professional scientists generally cultivate a habit of constant review, reevaluation, self-examination and reflection, a practice that extends from the individual researcher to the community.

The atheist and skeptic ‘communities’ are rabble by comparison. There is little or no common professional interest.
So, scientist = good, atheist/skeptic = bad. Got it.

But how many actual, practicing scientists* are posting at FTB? Enquiring minds want to know!

This also reminds me of a post on Ophelia's blog: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... umpy-week/
The first comment is pure gold:
ChasCPeterson wrote:
Ophelia wrote:A shitty, weird, and depressing week to be sure.
But the foks who are sad are science bloggers (some, but by no means all of whom are also scientists or scientists in training)..
The vast majority of working scientists are entirely unaware and uninterested the blogosphere. Bora was well-known in the ‘sphere but pretty much completely unknown as a scientist.
Just for perspective.
My, that shut down the debate pretty quickly!

* PZM is not a scientist anymore.

welch

Post by welch »

[youtube]Ttmp5JapObw[/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

:lol: :D :lol:

So cruel. So funny.

welch

Post by welch »

BarnOwl wrote:There's a new Yemmi-poem:
Moon, Moon, Moon
Make me swoon
Under your beam
Give me steam

Birds, Birds, Birds
I am off to bed
Sing me a melody
No more parody
Under your beam? Uh hunh. :mrgreen:
there once was a woman from nizes
whose breasts were two different sizes.
one was quite small, almost nothing at all,
but the other was large and won prizes

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

It's wonderful when someone does something clever.

[youtube]5Krz-dyD-UQ[/youtube]

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

AndrewV69 wrote: Hmmmm. I did not get the idea that he was a SJW (in the pejorative sense that is).
I do like reading James analytical posts, perhaps “SJW” was too much. Well, it was too much, when I count in the pejorative use of the word it is mostly used. What I mean though is an interest in the same area as the SJWs are interested in, just with a different approach. Perhaps Identity Politics interested would be a better term. My question was genuine though, what is the appeal in such arguments as above, plainly?

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

JAB wrote:How about dropping her into a pic between Clint Eastwood and Jessica Walter in "Play Misty for Me"
Better still ... between Eastwood and the Empty Chair :)

Humphrey_Hedgehog

Post by Humphrey_Hedgehog »

ianfc wrote:Myers wasn't bad looking in his youth
http://thehumanist.org/wp-content/uploa ... yers-1.jpg
Indeed. He should wear that dress more often... :rimshot:

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

I finally threw away my stalkers 'letters' to me today, along with all my court documents. I havent needed them in years, and now Im moving, so no chance I will ever need them again. For some reason, I read them again before I tossed them, and I shouldnt have done that. He was one scary ass mother fucker.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BWAHAHAHAHA

I can assure you, that's much truer than you even know.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I'd LOVE to meet your pharmacist.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

bovarchist wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
True story; years ago I knew a Dr. Hymen. I always thought it would be funny if his first name was Buster.
My mom's naturopath is named Dr. Ali Bhai. It always makes me chuckle.
So the skeptic gene isn't on the X chromosome in your family.

I feel I should point out that Dr. Hymen was a GP and not an OBGYN, though he really should've been.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Aneris wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Hmmmm. I did not get the idea that he was a SJW (in the pejorative sense that is).
I do like reading James analytical posts, perhaps “SJW” was too much. Well, it was too much, when I count in the pejorative use of the word it is mostly used. What I mean though is an interest in the same area as the SJWs are interested in, just with a different approach. Perhaps Identity Politics interested would be a better term. My question was genuine though, what is the appeal in such arguments as above, plainly?
I dunno about any of the above.

I was going to pull a "facts do not matter" but I thought better of it. I sense I might have inadvertently pressed some buttons and that was not my intention, and I certainly do not want to get dragged into something while I have guests to entertain.

I just brought it up because I thought that the 6% baseline was noteworthy. If the 2% side had nudged it up to 6% I would not raised an eyebrow.

However, I am accustomed to seeing the manosphere set it around 40% whereas the other side has it set to 2% at most and just that fact alone I thought was worthy of mention.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

That magazine cover EricB posted just screamed "Ellenbeth Wachs", the way the baboons are attacking the woman.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... b358e1.jpg

Walter, you can start masturbating now.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

windy wrote:Here's another cool recent study:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles ... de-by-side
Hunter-gatherers and immigrant farmers lived side-by-side for more than 2,000 years in Central Europe, before the hunter-gatherer communities died out or were absorbed into the farming population.

In a paper published today in Science, researchers describe their analysis of DNA and isotopes from human bones found in the 'Blätterhöhle' cave near Hagen in Germany, where both hunter-gatherers and farmers were buried.

<snip>
Unfortunately the paper itself is behind a paywall. Too bad as I really would have liked to have read it. Anyway, for those interested and who do have access the title is 2000 Years of Parallel Societies in Stone Age Central Europe
Debate on the ancestry of Europeans centers on the interplay between Mesolithic foragers and Neolithic farmers. Foragers are generally believed to have disappeared shortly after the arrival of agriculture. To investigate the relation between foragers and farmers, we examined Mesolithic and Neolithic samples from the Blätterhöhle site. Mesolithic mitochondrial DNA sequences were typical of European foragers, whereas the Neolithic sample included additional lineages that are associated with early farmers. However, isotope analyses separate the Neolithic sample into two groups: one with an agriculturalist diet and one with a forager and freshwater fish diet, the latter carrying mitochondrial DNA sequences typical of Mesolithic hunter-gatherers. This indicates that the descendants of Mesolithic people maintained a foraging lifestyle in Central Europe for more than 2000 years after the arrival of farming societies.
(if the paper somehow got emailed to me I would not complain either).

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

I love stalking Mayhews twitter btw. Shes got some fun stuff! This flat-out made me LOL: I remember the first time I saw her making fun of Surlys 'art'. Some snarky comment about glitter, and I was like 'Aw thats just being meanoOooH MY GOD!' LOL Those things really are shit.

And then there is this: Link to the pic:
http://twicsy.com/i/Ut6m3

Hmm-- Novellas have now actively ignored at least two successful, talented women in skepticism.

Patriarchy.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

AndrewV69 wrote: (if the paper somehow got emailed to me I would not complain either).
Check your PMs.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Greg Laden is one creepy looking motherfucker.

What's scarier?
Waking up in a coffin or waking up and seeing Greg Laden standing over you, breathing heavily through his mouth?
<Image snipped - contained clearly visible personal information - Lsuoma>

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

@Za-zen
I agree with you exactly 72% now. There was a bit to the story that I was missing, particularly how the guy in question embellished things a quite a bit. The important thing is that I was still technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ERV wrote:I love stalking Mayhews twitter btw. Shes got some fun stuff! This flat-out made me LOL: I remember the first time I saw her making fun of Surlys 'art'. Some snarky comment about glitter, and I was like 'Aw thats just being meanoOooH MY GOD!' LOL Those things really are shit.

And then there is this: Link to the pic:
http://twicsy.com/i/Ut6m3

Hmm-- Novellas have now actively ignored at least two successful, talented women in skepticism.

Patriarchy.

The depersonalisation of dear sweet Katie to "Bob's Girlfriend" is sickening. :mrgreen:

Is this the first "on stage" appearance by Ms Xian?

Stunt Whisper

Post by Stunt Whisper »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:Been meaning to ask for ages ... where did the concept of "men using women as toilets" begin, and WTF does it actually mean?
Tubgirl.