Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
codelette

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by codelette »

James Caruthers wrote:[...]
I can tell you from experience that women are every bit as likely to go "ugh" when I pull out my copy of Alien as I am when some lady tries to force me to watch films about british people dying slowly after finding true love. [...]
You have dated some crappy bitches.

Signed,
A woman that not only loves Alien and Aliens but even the two other half-assed sequels.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Wow. Have you ever looked at Morris, MN? I drilled down on Google Maps. What a depressing, nowhere. No wonder Myers rages at little shit.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tribble wrote:
mikelf wrote:
Except, of course, that he is in Springfield, which is another 3.5 hours down the road.

Or Kansas City which might be a bit closer and would be on his way if he chose to make the 11hour drive. Hardly a tragedy to make that drive.
This was an FTB/Skepchick party weekend.
It will probably take until wednesday before he can legally drive.
:obscene-drinkingdrunk:

http://i.imgur.com/etDoHQk.jpg

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

There is a difference, though: the Autons are guided by something intelligent:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Nestene_Consciousness

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

welch wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Right class, here is your homework for tonight.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4869/0xl9.png
goatboy.png
There. My face, photoshopped onto a goat. Not even a really good pic, and I'm not sober. So all and all a bad pic.

Since I have now had my face photoshopped onto a goat...

IT'S FUCKING SILLY! WHAT ARE YOU, 12? GROW THE FUCK UP YA WHINY BINT!
Liar! That's not your face on a goat. THIS is your face on a goat:

http://i.imgur.com/cNlYI2E.jpg

Southern

Post by Southern »

Trophy wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: First, who does Chas Stewart think he's fooling? - of course it's an elevatorgate joke.

I'll answer this. He's trolling and he's very good at it. I lolzed so many times reading his comments and the responses, specially the guy who just posts "Liar".
So, he's oolon, if oolon had any functioning braincells?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I just found a simple way to source photos for pitshopping purposes - so I thought I would spread the wealth.
Previously I'd just used google image search but I've now realized that there is a search function on flickr that picks out many images that you won't find on google.

http://i.imgur.com/NlQRjF1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v6ADd1k.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
This was an FTB/Skepchick party weekend.
It will probably take until wednesday before he can legally drive.
:obscene-drinkingdrunk:
Well, that's the key to understanding the range of FTB fuck-head behavior, especially post-con whiny bitchiness:

1. They're drunk

2' They're hung over

Everything else is static.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I just found a simple way to source photos for pitshopping purposes - so I thought I would spread the wealth.
Previously I'd just used google image search but I've now realized that there is a search function on flickr that picks out many images that you won't find on google.
You can also find normally not shown pics on google images by typing a search phrase such as 'pz myers site:flicker.com' into the google images search box.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

*flickr

Damned autocorrect.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

codelette wrote:
I can tell you from experience that women are every bit as likely to go "ugh" when I pull out my copy of Alien as I am when some lady tries to force me to watch films about british people dying slowly after finding true love. [...]

Signed,
A woman that not only loves Alien and Aliens but even the two other half-assed sequels.
Third movie was horrible imo. Fourth I somewhat enjoyed because it was so weird. Of course, the first two were awesome.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Mmm. Shiny, happy people.

And yet, not.
If we put their heads on bobble-head dolls, Jen could add them to her "happy army" of toy characters! :)
Your way is clear SN! I have the graphics skills of a marmelade rabbit. Less maybe.
Hmmmm, you've planted the seed. I give it a 75% chance of germinating sometime today. Google images has a great collection of bobbleheads whose heads can be erased and replaced. There's even an S&M one for Greta! :)

Git

Post by Git »

Joseph Porter, KCB wrote:
John Greg wrote:Joseph Porter, KCB, my opinion does not matter very much around here but, for what it's worth, I think you are going to prove to be a truly brilliant addition to the Pit. I am glad, glad I say, to have you on board.
Thank you.

But I should tell you, I lurked as a guest for some time before registering here, and you all shine very brightly. If I'm doing anything, I'm just reflecting what I've learned from the Pit.

Until recently, all I knew of Peezus was that he did some science blogging. I'd heard of Elevatorgate, but hadn't followed its sequalae. As I learned more of his empty-headed authoritarianism and the cultish vapidity of the A+ crowd ("Wah! Wah! Fake jewelry!") I was just aghast, wondering how this could come out of "skepticism".

So it's great to see here, people who see through Peezus's schtick, see A+ for the buncombe it is, and aren't afraid to say so. Thanks to all of you.
Welcome! Obligatory welcome basket sink of links:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3fey ... o1_250.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

James Caruthers wrote:You got me. Downplaying the seriousness of a man asking a woman out for coffee rape genocide... I'm like a worse version of Hitler.

[youtube]YEOczHD1yoY[/youtube]

YOU'RE LIKE A WORSE VERSION OF HITLER -Ophelia Benson, speaking about whoever she happens to not like today.

Senility is a hell of a drug.
Gods. Watching that clip, it's like coming full circle. The strawmen, the deliberate misinterpretations, HITLER, making a "safe space", DERAILING; all these things are dealt with in that *one* clip - and this was back in 2006. If even the Simpsons had their number back then, how the fuck did we land ourselves in this situation? :think:

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

How is it not obvious to more people that these guys are just trolls?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... more-13483

My favorite part:
Certainly unfollowing someone is not the sort of thing that should get a person fired, but we already know that certain folks in the community have such a tribal mindset that any such action would be an open declaration of war.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

James Caruthers wrote:Senility is a hell of a drug.
I'm Ophelia Benson BITCH!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Hahaha!

Watson trying to convince herself shes not a loser: Yes, an utterly pointless existence is what most people strive for in life. 'Awesome'. lol.

Southern

Post by Southern »

ERV wrote:Hahaha!

Watson trying to convince herself shes not a loser: Yes, an utterly pointless existence is what most people strive for in life. 'Awesome'. lol.
When you're constantly getting free booze for nothing, I suppose your life can look awesome, if you're a drunkard. Until hangover settles in, that's it.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

feralandproud wrote:How is it not obvious to more people that these guys are just trolls?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... more-13483

My favorite part:
Certainly unfollowing someone is not the sort of thing that should get a person fired, but we already know that certain folks in the community have such a tribal mindset that any such action would be an open declaration of war.
I look forward to the day when the human race is sufficiently advanced to be able to construct an irony meter capable of withstanding statements such as Canuck's. I suspect we'll also be building Dyson Spheres by then.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I was reminded of this C.S. Lewis quote that I think is rather fitting:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

codelette

Post by codelette »

ERV wrote:Hahaha!

She's like a real life version of Stewart Smalley...

codelette

Post by codelette »

BTW, what the cause of Hensley's PTSD? She ran out of rice powder?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

codelette wrote:BTW, what the cause of Hensley's PTSD? She ran out of rice powder?
She saw a male dog's penis once, and now she has insomnia sometimes. And patriarchy. :D

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

You can get PTSD from sexual assault (serious), sexual harassment (serious), physically assault (serious), a life-threatening medical diagnoses (serious), online harassment (are you fucking kidding me).

Jesus christ.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Sulman wrote:I was reminded of this C.S. Lewis quote that I think is rather fitting:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
Not a bad observation, but coming from a religious propagandist like C.S. Lewis this is like Stalin expounding on human rights. There goes another irony meter.

welch

Post by welch »

welch wrote: I like your poetry. Would you like to come up to my room for some coffee?
Did you hear him, did you hear him?!

Oh, the monster overbearing!
Don't go near him, don't go near him,
He is raping, he is raping!

My pain and my distress,
I find it is not easy to express ;
My amazement, my surprise,
You may learn from the expression of my eyes!

That proffer of evil sense
Is wholly indefensible.
Go, ribald, get you hence!

To your hotel room with celerity.
This is the consequence
Of ill-advised asperity

Fap, fap, fap

Wear a thong, I'll throw in some espresso

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

ERV wrote: You can get PTSD from sexual assault (serious), sexual harassment (serious), physically assault (serious), a life-threatening medical diagnoses (serious), online harassment (are you fucking kidding me).

Jesus christ.
But if you repeat a lie often enough, doesn't it become the truth??

welch

Post by welch »

mikelf wrote:
welch wrote:
BarnOwl wrote: If missing lectures/labs due to flight cancellations or delays put my teaching contact hours under the required annual minimum, I'd be subject to having my salary cut by 10%, even if the travel was research- or education-related. The underlying reason doesn't matter. But then the priority in my university system is making sure that the football coaches can be paid millions of dollars each year plus bonuses, and they'll accomplish it by reducing salaries for educators, cancer researchers, surgeons, etc. and by demanding more work for the same pay. I think this is happening in a lot of places, unfortunately. Could be worse ... I could be an adjunct, instead of tenured.
or the lazy fuck could just drive. St. Louis to MN. is not that fucking far. I've driven it before, multiple times.
Except, of course, that he is in Springfield, which is another 3.5 hours down the road.
only if you're driving slow. I lived in MO for a few years, well-aware of the Springfield - KC or STL drive times.

The point is, if you really give a fuck, getting from MO - MN is not hard. From springfield, it's actually pretty easy, about ten hours at the speed limit.

John D

Post by John D »

John Greg wrote:Joseph Porter, KCB, my opinion does not matter very much around here but, for what it's worth, I think you are going to prove to be a truly brilliant addition to the Pit. I am glad, glad I say, to have you on board.
Thank you.

But I should tell you, I lurked as a guest for some time before registering here, and you all shine very brightly. If I'm doing anything, I'm just reflecting what I've learned from the Pit.

Until recently, all I knew of Peezus was that he did some science blogging. I'd heard of Elevatorgate, but hadn't followed its sequalae. As I learned more of his empty-headed authoritarianism and the cultish vapidity of the A+ crowd ("Wah! Wah! Fake jewelry!") I was just aghast, wondering how this could come out of "skepticism".

So it's great to see here, people who see through Peezus's schtick, see A+ for the buncombe it is, and aren't afraid to say so. Thanks to all of you.
Sir Joseph Porter KCB - Did you work for an Attorney's Firm as a lad???
"When I was a lad I served a term
As office boy to an Attorney's firm.
I cleaned the windows and I swept the floor,
And I polished up the handle of the big front door."

welch

Post by welch »

Tribble wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:About football coaches' salaries:

The football programs are revenue generators for the school. No football coach gets paid more than the revenue generated from his program (this is not true for other sports, btw). Someone mentioned Ohio state, let's take that as an example. Urban Meyer (the HFC) makes about $4 million (on the high side, median salary $240,000), his program generates roughly $51 million for the school. He works at least 100 hours per week in a very stressful situation. If he doesn't win, he's gone...there's no job security. I think he's worth every penny. In fact, I think the university should pay the players too.

Because of Title IX you can't look at just football in a vacuum. The mere possession of a scholarship football program means the school has to manufacture the equivalent number of (close to zero revenue) scholarship women sports.

Ohio State (in 2008) took in $115 million in total revenue in its athletic program of which $38 million was from tickets and $15 million from TV. It's expenses were $114 million. Without the $27 million in booster donations, the program (on its own merits) would have lost $26 million.

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/revenue

Making the whole thing a gigantic, no-real-purpose hamster-wheel. Sure, you're running like crazy, but you're getting nowhere as you spend all the money to make the money. And in a grossly inefficient and exploitative way.

And that's a successful program (#3 in the US) in revenues. Most are not successful. Most are money losing dogs. Even Alabama, #1 in revenues, doesn't really make any money on athletics. They took in $123.7 million. They spent 123.4 million. $300K profit on $123.7 million in revenue? That 0.2% profit margin is just fucking amazing!!!! Watch out Wall Street!

You go further down the list, and UCLA lost just over $2 million, which they made up for by forcing the students to play an 'athletic fee' as part of their tuition. Which was rather benign to FSU's $6.5 million.

And it hasn't gotten better, it's gotten worse. At this point in time, according to the most recent NCAA study, only 23 Division I programs were profitable. There are at least 120 Division I programs.

So, as an industry, college sports is a money-losing dog. Even the best and biggest athletic departments are only marginally profitable.
FSU really pisses me off. Okay, yes, it's tallahassee, not a lot to do. But fuck me, there's a school with some actually interesting academic shit going on, and yet the only thing anyone cares about is the fucking football team.

It's why I'm going to be going to FAMU to finally get my degree. (useful or not, it is a requirement in this day and age, and so I will get one.) Also, FAMU has a more interesting compsci/IT program, is a much nicer campus to get around on, and given how awesome they've been to the Rollergirls, I rather like the school overall.

welch

Post by welch »

TedDahlberg wrote:
welch wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Right class, here is your homework for tonight.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4869/0xl9.png
goatboy.png
There. My face, photoshopped onto a goat. Not even a really good pic, and I'm not sober. So all and all a bad pic.

Since I have now had my face photoshopped onto a goat...

IT'S FUCKING SILLY! WHAT ARE YOU, 12? GROW THE FUCK UP YA WHINY BINT!
Liar! That's not your face on a goat. THIS is your face on a goat:

http://i.imgur.com/cNlYI2E.jpg
I love that picture. It really brings out my eyes.

Really?

Post by Really? »

mordacious1 wrote:
Really? wrote: <snipped>
The athletic department is part of the school. One of the schools I attended was Fresno State and at the time, their football coach got paid $1 million. But they paid for the entire athletic department. All the teams, including all the women's sports (lets face it, they bring in no revenue). They also provided the school with a first rate stadium, where all the track and field, soccer, PE classes, etc. did their thing. The basketball team paid for the gym. The stadium and the gym were also used for non-athletic events. Plus they paid for a pool that all students and staff could use.

These big schools make millions off their athletes and yes, they give them scholarships and degrees (although some of them can't even spell when they graduate). Many of these kids could make millions (and do) in the private sector for doing the same thing. The school is getting the best of this deal (woo hoo free dorm food!!). The dirty secret is, they (unlike their private sector counterparts) are never responsible for what may happen to the players. Yes, they will patch them up, but many of these kids suffer life-long serious injuries and the school cuts them lose. No disability, no insurance...maybe a degree (you lose that scholarship if you can't play). If the kid does make it big, then the school uses them to recruit more players. That's why many athletes skip college altogether, e.g. Kobe. They'd rather get paid for what they're doing. After Kobe's made his hundreds of millions, he can always return to school and get his degree (but why would he?).
It seems as though we're in partial agreement: the NFL and NBA should establish a minor league system that is more analogous to that of baseball. (And college football players are WAY better off than most minor league baseball players.) Remember, college athletes ARE making a free market decision. They have the right to work out at home for a year or two or three and wait until they are eligible for the draft in their sport. The athletes make the choice to attend college; it seems like we agree that these restrictions should be eliminated.

I'll restate the truth: for the vast majority of colleges, athletics are a black hole into which they shovel money. Ohio State could pay Braxton Miller a million a year (how much should the third-string punter get?), but then they will have no one to play, as East Bumfuck U can't afford to pay their players ten grand a year, as the department is already being subsidized by the school.

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote: You can get PTSD from sexual assault (serious), sexual harassment (serious), physically assault (serious), a life-threatening medical diagnoses (serious), online harassment (are you fucking kidding me).

Jesus christ.
Every day, I am so glad that my parents taught me to not let people who don't count bother me. It was a hard lesson, but one of the best ones they managed to get through my skull. There's enough legitimate things to care and worry about in the world. Letting "1banghoes69lol" drive you fetal and crying because they called you a BAD WERD on teh internetz is literally the stupidest thing.

Pro tip: walk away. It works. I cratered my linkedin profile, because some asshole consultant, and one of his friends (both of whom are older than I), started following me around in various forums just to call me, basically, a poopy-head because I have a more flexible definition of server environments than they do. (yes. it was that stupid.)

I thought "is LinkedIn actually of use to me any more?" As it turns out, no, it really wasn't. So I walked away from it, and, here's the important bit, haven't returned.

I have no idea what frick and frack are saying about me, nor do I care. They can say, really, whatever they wish. Free internet. But I don't have to put up with it. Had I felt linkedin a more worthwhile resource, I'd have stayed, and dealt with them more directly. But since it wasn't, why bother?

If someone is trying to cause you grief, and you let them, without even asking "is this worth putting up with", then what the fuck? You're just making yourself a damned target. Take a fucking break. It's not like the world won't survive without you.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments

:lol: :lol:

PZ tries to get moralistic about a guest post on, 'The Friendly Atheist', that celebrates the death of an islamic extremist fighter who got beheaded by accident in Syria, and immediately gets pwned in the comments by someone reminding him of his own post mocking the death of a priest in a charity balloon ride.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Ok, now I *really* want a Slymepitter t-shirt!
2013-11-18_0742.png
(16.02 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
(from OB's "rage" post about a fucking picture)

Really?

Post by Really? »

Jesus christ.
Hey, be fair. Thousands of Americans are victimized each day. Some are killed and decapitated with their body put into a barrel of chemicals that will dissolve the evidence, some are tied to a bed and raped for hours and some are included in @ tweets without consent. We have big problems.

(It's like that Sesame Street song: One of these things isn't like the others...one of these things is not the same.)

Southern

Post by Southern »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Ok, now I *really* want a Slymepitter t-shirt!
2013-11-18_0742.png
So, all you women here on the Slymepit owe me how many blowjobs on demand since I joined the forum? Why I wasn't aware of such clause? Is it something you discuss on the secret forum? It is, isn't it? DAMN YOU FASCIST TIT!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Al Dente wrote:
Yeah the tshirts were a dare but i also wanted to do it. I wanted to prove that one can be a self identified Slimepitter but still attend and enjoy a con like Skepticon.
Wearing a slymepit t-shirt at Skepticon is saying “fuck you, women, I hate you unless you give me beer and blowjobs on demand because that’s all you’re good for!” Actually, even away from Skepticon a slymepit t-shirt is saying that.
Rubbish! I don't even like beer.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-876824

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I had another fun discussion with the godless Evangelicals. Latsot claimed on Benson's Elevatorgate-T-Shirt outrage that women were silenced. Since he tweeted at me a few times, I thought I ask him on Twitter if he meant Abbie Smith and PZ Myers non-blacklist. He denied it of course, as it was somehow different. Because: reasons.

So PZ Myers calculating that organizers rather invite him (as an privileged elderly white male the more known one) than Abbie Smith is somehow different for Latsot. He moved goal posts aroud a few times, which was fun to watch. Atheism Plus' Chistopher 'Hyperdeath' Benton and c0lon of course made a guest appearance, as usual trying to paint it the other way around, as if I was holding facts back (not aware of it). I then turned it around and told them that quite the contrary, Benson, Zvan and Co. cut off comments very often and their side has speakers and well-read blogs.

Latsot denied censorship and wanted proof. As if I could somehow peek into Benson/Zvans mod panel... but luckily, on the ogvorbis argument recently Benson tweeted that she censored my comment. So I gave Latsot the link to Benson's tweet. A rational he is, he would concede the point, won't he? What are you thinking. That didn't count. That's right. I then gave him a link to Slymepit's search-results with the term 'moderation' which has a couple of results. He then moved goal post around, again, and somehow the issue was how I wanted to have a say over what bloggers can or cannot publish on their blogs. To which I replied that I just expect that people attacked or addressed have a way to defend themselves (instead of being defamed, libelled and lied about all the time). It then petered off into meta.

I am wary when discussions go down that clearly. But in that case, he presented no facts, and no case, and moved issues around whenever it became too inconvenient for him, so I have little reason to assume I am somehow missing something. By the way, I know that the climate became intimidating and that a lot of people likely were silenced, women or otherwise. But I think the people responsible for it are the Social Justice League and their anonymous troll-harasser counterpart who reinforce each other (and caught others in the loop). And back to the point, I don't find it plausible how wearing t-shirts with slymepit logos under an elevator sign silences anyone (since that's the topic where Latsot made his comment).

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

2013-11-18_0742.png
Funny thing is, the Pit treats women as equal adults, to the point where gender is a complete non factor. We don't infantilize women or convince them they're helpless perpetual victims the way the FtB crowd does.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I couldn't be ninja'd by a better person.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Jesus christ.
You can also get a big laugh of how stupid can people get while trying to insult you online, aka "the afternoon playing pub DotA fun weekend".

This woman is such a loser. Peezus Christ. If you can't get a laught, then just turn off your computer, you silly little goblin.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jesus christ.
She forgot to mention hangnails and bad perms.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

welch wrote:

Jesus christ.
Every day, I am so glad that my parents taught me to not let people who don't count bother me. It was a hard lesson, but one of the best ones they managed to get through my skull. There's enough legitimate things to care and worry about in the world. Letting "1banghoes69lol" drive you fetal and crying because they called you a BAD WERD on teh internetz is literally the stupidest thing.

Pro tip: walk away. It works. I cratered my linkedin profile, because some asshole consultant, and one of his friends (both of whom are older than I), started following me around in various forums just to call me, basically, a poopy-head because I have a more flexible definition of server environments than they do. (yes. it was that stupid.)

I thought "is LinkedIn actually of use to me any more?" As it turns out, no, it really wasn't. So I walked away from it, and, here's the important bit, haven't returned.

I have no idea what frick and frack are saying about me, nor do I care. They can say, really, whatever they wish. Free internet. But I don't have to put up with it. Had I felt linkedin a more worthwhile resource, I'd have stayed, and dealt with them more directly. But since it wasn't, why bother?

If someone is trying to cause you grief, and you let them, without even asking "is this worth putting up with", then what the fuck? You're just making yourself a damned target. Take a fucking break. It's not like the world won't survive without you.
Yeah, it's really bizarre how easily people seem to get riled up over what is IMO pretty trivial. I've seen some people taking things too far into the range of what I'd consider harassment, but the slymepit itself is just like a rowdy sort of online pub. I keep wondering how people even find out what's being said here, unless they go looking.

Also, for anyone still curious, my email conversation with Benson seems to have ended. I told her a lot of forum members were somewhat sympathetic to her, but had legitimate grievances. I gave her a collection of quotes that I thought best represented that sentiment, and I also suggested that she could do more to criticize the behavior of the A+ community (one comment on her blog suggests she sees many of them in the same light we do). Anyway, she never got back to me (much in the way Carrier didn't get back to me when I suggested something similar to him).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jan Steen wrote:
Al Dente wrote:
Yeah the tshirts were a dare but i also wanted to do it. I wanted to prove that one can be a self identified Slimepitter but still attend and enjoy a con like Skepticon.
Wearing a slymepit t-shirt at Skepticon is saying “fuck you, women, I hate you unless you give me beer and blowjobs on demand because that’s all you’re good for!” Actually, even away from Skepticon a slymepit t-shirt is saying that.

They hate us for our blowjobs!

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Southern wrote:
2013-11-18_0742.png
So, all you women here on the Slymepit owe me how many blowjobs on demand since I joined the forum? Why I wasn't aware of such clause? Is it something you discuss on the secret forum? It is, isn't it? DAMN YOU FASCIST TIT!
Yep. The super secret "back channel" :D

tina

Post by tina »

welch wrote:
If someone is trying to cause you grief, and you let them, without even asking "is this worth putting up with", then what the fuck? You're just making yourself a damned target.
QFT.

She forgot eggs. Eggs give you PTSD. I think she's got STDP.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Jesus christ.
I found out that I had PTSD like a decade after losing our roof to Hurricane Hugo. I still was push by my parents to get good grades, go to college and work hard. But then, my parents lost everything -including school friends- during a flash flood in 1960. They fucking lost everything! They lived like refugees a fucking year. When I was going thru my undiagnosed PTSD, they basically told me to wash my face and woman up.

I love my parents. I love that they taught me to ditch the victim mentality and fucking grow up.

Stout

Post by Stout »

A couple of weeks ago I came on here agreeing with the idea that Ophelia Benson might be reasoned with but after reading the picture under the elevator sign i realize that now I have to eat those words.

Pass the ketchup

Stout

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Al Dente wrote: Wearing a slymepit t-shirt at Skepticon is saying “fuck you, women, I hate you unless you give me beer and blowjobs on demand because that’s all you’re good for!” Actually, even away from Skepticon a slymepit t-shirt is saying that.

They hate us for our blowjobs!
The ironic thing is that the A+/FTB crowd treats women like incompetent babies who suffer irreparable psychological harm each time they see a Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercial. We treat them like adults and consider their ideas as we would any man's.

codelette

Post by codelette »

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/puert ... cane-donna --->this is the event that my parents went thru...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote:
codelette wrote:

Signed,
Third movie was horrible imo. Fourth I somewhat enjoyed because it was so weird. Of course, the first two were awesome.
I lasted no more than 30 minutes into alien 3. I tried, I really tried. But it was incomprehensible. As if they'd found fragments of an Alien script at Qumran, then let a couple of teenage boys fill in the lacunae while riding the bus to school.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-876824[/quote]
They hate us for our blowjobs![/quote]
The ironic thing is that the A+/FTB crowd treats women like incompetent babies who suffer irreparable psychological harm each time they see a Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercial. We treat them like adults and consider their ideas as we would any man's.
That's like their raison d'etre. "Every woman is a strong, independent force of nature; unless we'll draw more attention/air time/ad revenue by being helpless victims!" It's just another(pretty much THE) core tenet of radical feminism they've co-opted for the portrait of victimization they're painting.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

welch wrote:
mikelf wrote:
welch wrote:
or the lazy fuck could just drive. St. Louis to MN. is not that fucking far. I've driven it before, multiple times.
only if you're driving slow. I lived in MO for a few years, well-aware of the Springfield - KC or STL drive times.

The point is, if you really give a fuck, getting from MO - MN is not hard. From springfield, it's actually pretty easy, about ten hours at the speed limit.
We are talking about a 50-something year old who just spent a weekend trying to keep pace with the youngsters. He is surely long on hangover and short on sleep and bladder capacity. I can pretty much guarantee he couldn't do it in less than 14 hours.

In short, PZ isn't an over-caffeinated spider monkey.

codelette

Post by codelette »

The only cool thing about the third one is that it provides the plot line of Ripley's/Alien DNA mash up used on the 4th installment. Alien is a masterpiece of scifi horror. Aliens is a riot. Vasquez' lines were a hoot.

windy

Post by windy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:For those who have been following the online atheist debates over the past seven or eight years, the following comment from Ophelia Benson summarizes her position almost too well.

http://i.imgur.com/JmvRwTm.jpg
Let's say, for example, that one of those toxic asshole atheists had said that a sexual assault survivor should get fucked sideways with a rusty knife... :violin: Ophelia would have been all over that shit, right?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/inter ... n-science/

It's amazing how much FTB these days sounds like a gaggle of Wally Smith's sockpuppets ca. 2010.

Bonus: guess who's victim-blaming in the comments, and saying that serious threats should be reported to the police? :whistle:

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/9zDT5hA.jpg

Slymepitter t-shirts :o
I always thought Damien would be on the scrawny side. His avatar does him no justice.