Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
welch

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by welch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Tribble wrote:
ERV wrote:Hahaha!

Watson trying to convince herself shes not a loser: Yes, an utterly pointless existence is what most people strive for in life. 'Awesome'. lol.
While begging for money on YouTube...
She managed to miss the deadline for her 'Unpopular Science' blog on the Popular Science network.
She's supposed to write a new piece every week but she skipped last week.
All the pieces she's written so far read like the leftovers from an average SGU episode - the stories that Steve Novella thinks are too trite and boring, and edits from the show before uploading it. I doubt she took more than an hour writing any of them.
Yes, well, as it turns out, a weekly deadline is pretty damned hard to do. And that's if you're good.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

feralandproud wrote: Thousands?
0.01 thousand.

welch

Post by welch »

rpguest wrote:
feralandproud wrote:Watching Aneris argue with oOlon and Aratina on twitter has me riveted! I'd join in, but their tactics bring out the ghetto in me.
it is seriously, mind-numbingly uninformed and idiotic

http://i.imgur.com/qid4qFM.png

anyone disagree with franc or mykeru lately, those avid, constant, narrative-creating posters?

MOCK

SHUN

BLOCK

CENSOR

BAN

yeah. Because no one can ever disagree with Hoggle here without getting banned...

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
Thanks codelette. I liked that article. McDougall made her case well, and it was well-written. I found myself agreeing with a lot of it, and appreciating her viewpoint. She puts the FtB frauds to shame.
whether or not you agree with her, and I don't completely agree or disagree with her points, she did state them well. I can't find any huge issue to take with her article beyond (dis)agreement with her points. FTB should write so well.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Gumby wrote:
codelette wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:[...]
I can tell you from experience that women are every bit as likely to go "ugh" when I pull out my copy of Alien as I am when some lady tries to force me to watch films about british people dying slowly after finding true love. [...]
You have dated some crappy bitches.

Signed,
A woman that not only loves Alien and Aliens but even the two other half-assed sequels.
Third movie was horrible imo. Fourth I somewhat enjoyed because it was so weird. Of course, the first two were awesome.
Watch the third again. It grows on you!

welch

Post by welch »

dogen wrote:
Gumby wrote:
codelette wrote:
You have dated some crappy bitches.

Signed,
A woman that not only loves Alien and Aliens but even the two other half-assed sequels.
Third movie was horrible imo. Fourth I somewhat enjoyed because it was so weird. Of course, the first two were awesome.
Watch the third again. It grows on you!
it gives you special face hugs.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Jesus fucksticks, those people are stupid. Franc gave us up months ago, and hasn't even posted here for ages.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

And Mykeru is in and out with no consistency -- timewise, I mean.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

justinvacula wrote:
Anyway, I doubt many come to an convention just to hear a person speak. There's a big roster and many who come with different goals (like socializing).
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4307/8es8.png

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

welch wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Thanks codelette. I liked that article. McDougall made her case well, and it was well-written. I found myself agreeing with a lot of it, and appreciating her viewpoint. She puts the FtB frauds to shame.
whether or not you agree with her, and I don't completely agree or disagree with her points, she did state them well. I can't find any huge issue to take with her article beyond (dis)agreement with her points. FTB should write so well.
She made me understand her viewpoint. I understand what she was communicating, and agree or disagree, I understood why she felt that way. That's the whole fucking point of writing. I don't read all the FtB bloggers but the main culprits don't come close to communicating as effectively as she did in her article.

The baboons are always saying that their beliefs are "simple" and "obvious" and anyone who doesn't agree with them "just. doesn't. get. it." Well, I didn't lap up everything McDougall wrote, but I. got. it. Guess that makes PZ, Thibeault, Christina, Benson, Watson, McCreight, Carrier, etc. incompetent communicators. Or, fucking trolls who send out assaultive and contradictory bullshit 24/7. I'm guessing both.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

codelette wrote:
John D wrote:
codelette wrote:The only cool thing about the third one is that it provides the plot line of Ripley's/Alien DNA mash up used on the 4th installment. Alien is a masterpiece of scifi horror. Aliens is a riot. Vasquez' lines were a hoot.
Keep it frosty!
-Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
-No. Have you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Bhurzum wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Guest wrote:Someone (4chan?) hacked feministfrequency replaced her latest vid.

lulz

It's an excellent troll.
Indeedy.

Sarkeesian will be spitting nails when she sees it.
From a troll perspective, it's well done. But heck is this disgusting.

I see an error code on this channel. Is this the 'correct' one?
http://www.youtube.com/user/feministfrequency
Sorry, something went wrong. A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation. If you see them, show them this information:
<letter+number gibberish>
I find Sarkeesian's contributions very underwhelming as well, but destroying her channel?

dogen

Post by dogen »

John Greg wrote:And Mykeru is in and out with no consistency -- timewise, I mean.
He should try the rhythm method.

:rimshot:

welch

Post by welch »

John Greg wrote:And Mykeru is in and out with no consistency -- timewise, I mean.
which proves that none of these twats other than the FC(n) is reading anything here. They're fighting phantoms and false echoes.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

feralandproud wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

She was doing a lot more than just bitching about "strong woman" characters. She was doing an analysis of what those terms mean, and why our use of certain terms can give us insight into what's really going on. For example, she says it's notable (and I agree with her) that "strong" is used as a defining trait with female characters fare more often than it is used for male characters. It's a pretty common thing in any kind of media studies to do an analysis like that. She didn't strike me in particular as saying this phenomena was a bad thing, just that it was a thing (which is demonstrably true) and then hypothesizing about the cause. Huehuehue neatly summarized the most common form of her argument (even if they happen to disagree with it).

She also dedicated a fair amount of time to explaining she wanted a ratio of female characters that closer aligned with the ratio of females in real life, which I'm on board with. I just don't think she realizes how much work would go into making that change (i.e. film studies aren't going to do shit to progress this cause). Say you wish there were more stories about auto workers in Detroit (because that's what you are). Now say there isn't a single writer in L.A. who has ever been an auto worker in Detroit. You can bitch at the writers long enough, and they might make a story for you, but it's going to be a shitty story with no basis in reality (and then you'll likely end up bitching about that). It's smarter to, yah know... write your own fucking story and try to find a market for it, or maybe work with sociologists to determine why no autoworkers go on to become writers, and then create a non-profit that presents opportunities to autoworkers who want to become writers, etc..
See, for me this article just seemed to be another feminist argument in semantics. She's applying the very first "dictionary definition" because it fits her narrative. When she does acknowledge the other meanings, it's simply to say, "nah, I don't think so". Characters fall into two categories for me, regardless of gender. "Strong" and "Weak".
It seems to me that her argument falls apart with the posters.
Example #1: The Avengers
I think the reason Iron Man and Thor have the foreground is because they both had fairly successful movies of their own. Black Widow definitely has the third most dominant position in the poster, IMHO.
Example #2: Inception
Blockbuster movie, mostly male driven cast, at least Ellen Page made the poster.
Example #3: The Smurfs
How dare they put her slightly to the right of PAPA Smurf!?

Also, I've seen and attempted the "make your own" argument many times. It always falls apart because every industry is dominated by men and OMG PATRIARCHY!
I agree the posters are weak examples. Unfortunately, the science shows that most people will ignore her strong arguments simply because they can refute those weak arguments.

And regarding the "patriarchy!" response to the DIY thing, I'm sympathetic to that. It is a male dominated society, and women often do face problems that men don't. Calling attention to this is part of the solution, so I'll stand with the feminists on that point. What gets me (and seems to get most people here) is those that think they can plant their asses on a couch and bitch and the world will do the changing for them. If these people were out in the streets, actually doing some work, I suspect they wouldn't be getting such a violent reaction when they pointed out some injustice. I also think, if they were out there really doing things, they might become a little less extreme with their rhetoric and ideology. Real life has a way of turning you into a moderate.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
welch wrote:
Gumby wrote:
She made me understand her viewpoint. I understand what she was communicating, and agree or disagree, I understood why she felt that way. That's the whole fucking point of writing. I don't read all the FtB bloggers but the main culprits don't come close to communicating as effectively as she did in her article.

The baboons are always saying that their beliefs are "simple" and "obvious" and anyone who doesn't agree with them "just. doesn't. get. it." Well, I didn't lap up everything McDougall wrote, but I. got. it. Guess that makes PZ, Thibeault, Christina, Benson, Watson, McCreight, Carrier, etc. incompetent communicators. Or, fucking trolls who send out assaultive and contradictory bullshit 24/7. I'm guessing both.
yep. And while I don't completely agree with her, she did help make some of my vague objections to the "strong woman" character more clear, and how it's sometimes used as a two-dimensional trope by shitty writers.

I'm glad that she wrote it and that I was pointed at it.

welch

Post by welch »

FYI, YouTube appears to be having a rather massive outage right now.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

jet_lagg wrote:
feralandproud wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

She was doing a lot more than just bitching about "strong woman" characters. She was doing an analysis of what those terms mean, and why our use of certain terms can give us insight into what's really going on. For example, she says it's notable (and I agree with her) that "strong" is used as a defining trait with female characters fare more often than it is used for male characters. It's a pretty common thing in any kind of media studies to do an analysis like that. She didn't strike me in particular as saying this phenomena was a bad thing, just that it was a thing (which is demonstrably true) and then hypothesizing about the cause. Huehuehue neatly summarized the most common form of her argument (even if they happen to disagree with it).

She also dedicated a fair amount of time to explaining she wanted a ratio of female characters that closer aligned with the ratio of females in real life, which I'm on board with. I just don't think she realizes how much work would go into making that change (i.e. film studies aren't going to do shit to progress this cause). Say you wish there were more stories about auto workers in Detroit (because that's what you are). Now say there isn't a single writer in L.A. who has ever been an auto worker in Detroit. You can bitch at the writers long enough, and they might make a story for you, but it's going to be a shitty story with no basis in reality (and then you'll likely end up bitching about that). It's smarter to, yah know... write your own fucking story and try to find a market for it, or maybe work with sociologists to determine why no autoworkers go on to become writers, and then create a non-profit that presents opportunities to autoworkers who want to become writers, etc..
See, for me this article just seemed to be another feminist argument in semantics. She's applying the very first "dictionary definition" because it fits her narrative. When she does acknowledge the other meanings, it's simply to say, "nah, I don't think so". Characters fall into two categories for me, regardless of gender. "Strong" and "Weak".
It seems to me that her argument falls apart with the posters.
Example #1: The Avengers
I think the reason Iron Man and Thor have the foreground is because they both had fairly successful movies of their own. Black Widow definitely has the third most dominant position in the poster, IMHO.
Example #2: Inception
Blockbuster movie, mostly male driven cast, at least Ellen Page made the poster.
Example #3: The Smurfs
How dare they put her slightly to the right of PAPA Smurf!?

Also, I've seen and attempted the "make your own" argument many times. It always falls apart because every industry is dominated by men and OMG PATRIARCHY!
I agree the posters are weak examples. Unfortunately, the science shows that most people will ignore her strong arguments simply because they can refute those weak arguments.

And regarding the "patriarchy!" response to the DIY thing, I'm sympathetic to that. It is a male dominated society, and women often do face problems that men don't. Calling attention to this is part of the solution, so I'll stand with the feminists on that point. What gets me (and seems to get most people here) is those that think they can plant their asses on a couch and bitch and the world will do the changing for them. If these people were out in the streets, actually doing some work, I suspect they wouldn't be getting such a violent reaction when they pointed out some injustice. I also think, if they were out there really doing things, they might become a little less extreme with their rhetoric and ideology. Real life has a way of turning you into a moderate.
I agree. I also agree with everyone else's opinion that the article was well-written. It seems like trolls, being the most vocal, tend to get the most coverage; which is unfortunate for any group.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

welch wrote: yep. And while I don't completely agree with her, she did help make some of my vague objections to the "strong woman" character more clear, and how it's sometimes used as a two-dimensional trope by shitty writers.

I'm glad that she wrote it and that I was pointed at it.
It's almost criminal to me that she didn't mention Sucker Punch in there. That film is a goddamn case study in how not to do "strong female characters". It's exactly the sort of shit Sophia McDougal was talking about. You've got this director who genuinely thinks he's empowering women because he gave them machines guns and let them beat the shit out of impossibly underpowered enemies which never at any point presented a legitimate threat to begin with. It's a mockery of the concept of female empowerment. It's... bah... I'll leave it at that. Get me started on the movie and I'll never stop.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Aneris wrote:From a troll perspective, it's well done. But heck is this disgusting.

I see an error code on this channel. Is this the 'correct' one?
http://www.youtube.com/user/feministfrequency
Sorry, something went wrong. A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation. If you see them, show them this information:
<letter+number gibberish>
I find Sarkeesian's contributions very underwhelming as well, but destroying her channel?
It's just youtube acting up, her channel works fine, try:
http://www.youtube.com/user/feministfre ... ture=watch
(at least that link works for me and shows me her current channel with all her videos etc intact)

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

dogen wrote:
He should try the rhythm method.

:rimshot:
I didn't know it was my turn to work the SlymePit clock
metropolis-clock.jpg
(29.48 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

Southern

Post by Southern »

jet_lagg wrote:
codelette wrote:
Sulman wrote:
Cameron & Scott were directing kick ass women years ago, and without a fuss.
The other day I discovered a feminist complaining about "strong woman" characters on movies. There's seem to be a trend towards hating that type of character.
I kid you not.

"Fair amount of time explaining" = an hour or so of footage parroting TV Tropes.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Southern wrote:
"Fair amount of time explaining" = an hour or so of footage parroting TV Tropes.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. What footage?

Southern

Post by Southern »

welch wrote:
rpguest wrote:
feralandproud wrote:Watching Aneris argue with oOlon and Aratina on twitter has me riveted! I'd join in, but their tactics bring out the ghetto in me.
it is seriously, mind-numbingly uninformed and idiotic

http://i.imgur.com/qid4qFM.png

anyone disagree with franc or mykeru lately, those avid, constant, narrative-creating posters?

MOCK

SHUN

BLOCK

CENSOR

BAN

yeah. Because no one can ever disagree with Hoggle here without getting banned...
WE ALL HATE APPLE! DID YOU HEAR THAT, MASTER HOGGLE? WE ALL HATE APPLE AS YOU COMMANDED!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I hate green apples! There, Hoggle, take that!

er....

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

2013-11-18_1533.png
(28.2 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Funny. I feel the *exact same way* about FfTBers.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
2013-11-18_1533.png
I totally agree with PZ Myers, I can see how he is not caring. I am also not caring to comment his comment. The whole thing is beneath me. I didn't type this comment at all, because I don't care.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

:lol:

It's Ranger Peez, the bearscat tycoon! Everybody flick his head in appreciation for a cheap, plentiful, aromatic supply.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Aneris wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
2013-11-18_1533.png
I totally agree with PZ Myers, I can see how he is not caring. I am also not caring to comment his comment. The whole thing is beneath me. I didn't type this comment at all, because I don't care.
:D Yep. For a group that has "practically no impact" and would "not even get noticed" at a con, they sure do spend an awful lot of time talking about us!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Aneris wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
2013-11-18_1533.png
Yes, but if you claim he commented on that thread, (when he obviously couldn't, due to not caring enough), then you are clearly a liar.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

John Greg wrote:I hate green apples! There, Hoggle, take that!

er....
I mean, he has a point there. No one ever disagrees with me. :goatsebun:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Ape+lust wrote:

It's Ranger Peez, the bearscat tycoon! Everybody flick his head in appreciation for a cheap, plentiful, aromatic supply.
That's his backyard. Strangely, a large number of straight white hetero cis-bodied upper-class beard-bearing wineglass-filling men have been going missing in the Morris Minnesota area. Police are puzzled. :P

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Aneris wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
2013-11-18_1533.png
Yes, but if you claim he commented on that thread, (when he obviously couldn't, due to not caring enough), then you are clearly a liar.
Somehow PZ gets the whole idea of not doing something all wrong. I know — I'm using the dictionary definition of “not-caring” here, and we all know that not-caring means caring about something. You gotta care about something!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Not sure how many of you guys/gals have already seen this but...

[youtube]Ip7kP_dd6LU[/youtube]

It's actually pretty interesting.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

John D wrote:"Think of Bob and Judy, they're happy as can be. Inventing situations, putting them on TV!"[youtube]6zQ59v3LwRg[/youtube]
Back in my teen years and in college, a friend of mine and I had a tradition of playing that song whenever one of us got a job-albeit a shitty, part-time job.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Bhurzum wrote:Not sure how many of you guys/gals have already seen this but...

Vincent has come along way. I remember when she was the Village Voice's Paglia knockoff.

John D

Post by John D »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
2013-11-18_1533.png
Haha! No PZ! I despise YOU! (Really... not joking or anything).

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Non-sequitur:

I never understood the Miley-hating that was in vogue a month or two ago. Apparently it's still going on:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/16/opinion/o ... index.html

Summary of this stupid op-ed:

Because Miley Cyrus is addicted to fame, she will necessarily do one of the following:

1) become nothing more than a walking punch line like Donald Trump or Sarah Palin;
2) die young;
3) use her fame to draw attention to important social and political issues à la Lady Gaga (best-case scenario according to the author).

The utter retardedness of this false trichotomy is a given, but here are some other things that bothered me:
  • Donald Trump and Sarah Palin are more than walking punch lines. I can't stand either of them, but they're doing all right for themselves and their families, aren't they?
  • What are the signs that Miley is troubled in a way that might lead to her tragic early death? She likes attention, she likes to show off her body (which she's clearly comfortable with, even though it doesn't even remotely live up to those beauty standards the SJW deplore), she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously, she seems happy, and she doesn't get into much trouble (smokes weed). Why the assumption that she may be a threat to herself?

This viewpoint—and I've seen it put forward by feminists—only makes sense if we infer that she has something in common with Amy Winehouse, Amanda Bynes, and Lindsay Lohan, other young female celebrities who actually have demonstrated self-destructive behavior and psychological instability (past tense for Winehouse, of course).

I may be way off-base here, but this strikes me as sexist. Does anybody say this stuff about Justin Bieber, who likewise shows off his body and smokes weed?

(Along the same lines, I found Sinead O'Connor's open letters to Miley insulting, condescending, and "slut-shame-y"; couldn't believe how many feminists reacted to them positively.)
  • Who the fuck is Dean Obeidallah to tell Miley what to do with her fame? Why should Miley be compared to Lady Gaga? Why must Miley draw attention to social/political causes? Does Obeidallah demand this of all performing artists? Or just the (young female?) ones whose art he doesn't like?
I don't recall seeing much about the Miley kerfuffle on the 'pit when it was big news, and I'm kind of curious what you lovely people think about it.

Also, Miley's totally a lesbian, amirite?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Bhurzum wrote:Not sure how many of you guys/gals have already seen this but...

Read her book:

Southern

Post by Southern »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Non-sequitur:

I never understood the Miley-hating that was in vogue a month or two ago. Apparently it's still going on:

Because Miley Cyrus is addicted to fame, she will necessarily do one of the following:

1) become nothing more than a walking punch line like Donald Trump or Sarah Palin;
2) die young;
3) use her fame to draw attention to important social and political issues à la Lady Gaga (best-case scenario according to the author).

The utter retardedness of this false trichotomy is a given, but here are some other things that bothered me:
  • Donald Trump and Sarah Palin are more than walking punch lines. I can't stand either of them, but they're doing all right for themselves and their families, aren't they?
  • What are the signs that Miley is troubled in a way that might lead to her tragic early death? She likes attention, she likes to show off her body (which she's clearly comfortable with, even though it doesn't even remotely live up to those beauty standards the SJW deplore), she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously, she seems happy, and she doesn't get into much trouble (smokes weed). Why the assumption that she may be a threat to herself?

This viewpoint—and I've seen it put forward by feminists—only makes sense if we infer that she has something in common with Amy Winehouse, Amanda Bynes, and Lindsay Lohan, other young female celebrities who actually have demonstrated self-destructive behavior and psychological instability (past tense for Winehouse, of course).

I may be way off-base here, but this strikes me as sexist. Does anybody say this stuff about Justin Bieber, who likewise shows off his body and smokes weed?

(Along the same lines, I found Sinead O'Connor's open letters to Miley insulting, condescending, and "slut-shame-y"; couldn't believe how many feminists reacted to them positively.)
  • Who the fuck is Dean Obeidallah to tell Miley what to do with her fame? Why should Miley be compared to Lady Gaga? Why must Miley draw attention to social/political causes? Does Obeidallah demand this of all performing artists? Or just the (young female?) ones whose art he doesn't like?
I don't recall seeing much about the Miley kerfuffle on the 'pit when it was big news, and I'm kind of curious what you lovely people think about it.

What I think about it: I didn't care about Hanna Montana back when she was in Disney Channel, I don't care about her now that she isn't, and I'll never ever care. Next!

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

Southern wrote:

2) die young;

What I think about it: I didn't care about Hanna Montana back when she was in Disney Channel, I don't care about her now that she isn't, and I'll never ever care. Next!
I also do not care, but it is kinda funny watching people shit their pants trying to pigeonhole her or point out her "problems".

Southern

Post by Southern »

But to be fair, now that I think of it, the fact that she provoked such reaction from a bunch of people that shouldn't care about her is proof that the American society is a prudish, stupid society that has no business being a superpower in 2013 and beyond. Surrender your nukes, stop polluting and go back to praying for God Almighty and living a life in modesty and chastity, you fucking weirdos.

Guestus Aurelius

Southern wrote:
Neither do I; it's the reaction that interests me, and I think it demonstrates quite well some of the problems with 3rd-wave feminism.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Mykeru wrote:

er....
I thought you had burned out, Mykeru, and these days Welch was the Voice Of The Pit?

And when is Grifang going to give us the video of Aratina?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feralandproud wrote:I don't recall seeing much about the Miley kerfuffle on the 'pit when it was big news, and I'm kind of curious what you lovely people think about it.
My only advice to her is: stick that tongue back in your head. Not because it looks stupid (though it does), but she could trip or collide with a dancer and it'll be all over for her.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Southern

Post by Southern »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

er....
I thought you had burned out, Mykeru, and these days Welch was the Voice Of The Pit?

And when is Grifang going to give us the video of Aratina?
What happened to Franc, by the way? Last time he came here he wen on and complained about how ElevatorGuy was so much better than us lazy fucks because he was out there on Twitter doing really important work (on Twitter), then he disappeared. I miss his longer posts, because his Twitter is unreadable. He seems a guy that either has the freedom to write everything that comes to his mind, or he will engage into namecalling with oolon and aratina, two completely useless people that are in no way more interesting than his thoughts on those Greek concepts or his meticulous work on the amount of gratuitous snarl in Ophelia's non-copypasta posts.

Franc, you may hate us now, but please move your ass and post something. And get off Twitter, that shit is boring.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Uplifting! Positivity in the Pit.

See, Ophelia? It happens. You should find this one hilarious.

(Secret subliminal aggression decoded for PZ: Grab your lower lip and lift it over your eyebrows)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

2) die young;

Hang on -- doesn't Sarah Palin use her fame to draw attention to important social & political issues?

decius

Post by decius »

Mykeru wrote:

er....
I did a couple of times, you bony wanker. As a result, you have unfollowed me on Twatter, which is more retribution than any SJW could tolerate in a lifetime.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Southern wrote:But to be fair, now that I think of it, the fact that she provoked such reaction from a bunch of people that shouldn't care about her is proof that the American society is a prudish, stupid society that has no business being a superpower in 2013 and beyond. Surrender your nukes, stop polluting and go back to praying for God Almighty and living a life in modesty and chastity, you fucking weirdos.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6q4f ... o1_400.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

er....
I thought you had burned out, Mykeru
Really? I like to think of it as biding my time.
bidingmytime.JPG
(140.58 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
2013-11-18_1533.png
Yell a little louder PZ, we weren't sure how little you care about us.

Fuck, I DARE them to really ignore us.

I TRIPLE DOG DARE them.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Because we were talking about Alien earlier, and because Bjarte.

http://i.imgur.com/XMpaaXa.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

2) die young;

Hang on -- doesn't Sarah Palin use her fame to draw attention to important social & political issues?

yep. Just like PZ.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

decius wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

er....
I did a couple of times, you bony wanker. As a result, you have unfollowed me on Twatter, which is more retribution than any SJW could tolerate in a lifetime.
Yeah, well, you triggered me.

http://idigitalcitizen.files.wordpress. ... .jpg?w=475

Rarely has a GIS typo been more amusing.

Anyway, rectified that.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:Because we were talking about Alien earlier, and because Bjarte.

You can see and smell the terror of suddenly confronting that thing. And Bjarte looks scared, too.

Guestus Aurelius

:sci-fi-grayalien: :|

Outrageous.

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

Re: Miss Cyrus, my opinion is the same as it was when I expressed it here back in the day.

The twerking thing was not an "incident", it was planned with the goal to get people to react to it and talk about it thereby generating interest in her next promotional which was the Wrecking Ball vid.

"Wrecking Ball" was released as the second single from Bangerz. Its accompanying music video was released on September 9, 2013, and set another Vevo record for 19.3 million views in the first twenty-four hours of its release."

To her promoters and the team responsible: :clap:

To critics: get over it. It's show biz.

As an aside, I had nothing to do with the slymepitter t-shirts, though I still plan on getting one made. Not one like that though.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Ape+lust wrote:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/XMpaaXa.jpg[/img]

You can see and smell the terror of suddenly confronting that thing. And Bjarte looks scared, too.
I think Bjarte should be nuked from orbit. Just to be sure.