Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Post by Guest »

Apples wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Fuck me! I spent twelve years in the mining industry working 900m underground and I saw some scary shit and did some pretty risky stuff, but there is NO FUCKING WAY I would climb that without a harness.
[youtube]YkKa07AJz88[/youtube]
[youtube]QIRnsMiZhQ8[/youtube]
We are all just a few vodkas and perhaps a diminished outlook of the future away from our primate ancestors.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Top of the page. Nice....Nice.

windy

Post by windy »

Apples wrote:So PZ has a post up taking a shit on Science Magazine (with a side-whiz on TED talks), titled "A rather remarkable deficiency."

PZ concludes:
Well, the paper does have the primary prerequisites for getting published in Science: superficially sexy data sets, involving a familiar large and photogenic animal, an unexpected result, with a high probability of drawing the attention of the mass media. That’s what we mean by “significant research,” right?

Say, isn’t that also the formula for a TED talk?
Hmm ... smells like sour grapes. Peezus, are you sad that your datasets aren't sexy, that you work with a dull and common small fish, that you come up with no unexpected results, and that your scientific "work" has no chance of drawing the attention of the mass media?

I'm actually not sure whether Graur/PZ have a strong gotcha point here. I was interested to note that Graur really doesn't like Elizabeth Pennisi, the Science editor and senior correspondent who wrote the commentary on the article. Graur calls Pennisi an "ignoramus," "idiot non-savant," and an "ignorant simpleton," within about five paragraphs. Calls the paper "shitty" and "one of the worst" ever published in Science.

The first comment on Graur's post points out that he is quotemining. If you look at the sentence following the one he quoted, the reason they "omitted" samples from the Middle East and China from their ancient panel is that, "In fact, no ancient dog remains older than ~13,000 years are known from these regions."

And Pennisi's commentary gives extensive space to critics of the study. Curious whether those have more scientific chops than I do think Graur/PZ's slaveringly contemptuous dismissal is justified. I'm not qualified to evaluate the details, and neither Graur nor PZ talks about their overall argument. To me, the authors seem pretty forthright about potential problems and the ground seems open for further research/rebuttals -- in other words, science as usual.

I was able to download the article for free at a first pass, but I've also dropboxed it here.
Thanks for the link! No, PZ and Graur don't really have a "gotcha", for the reasons you already pointed out.

All ancient DNA studies have the same "remarkable deficiency" because sampling is limited to the few usable remains that have been found so far, but the authors address this in the article:
Notably, our ancient panel does not contain
specimens from the Middle East or China, two
proposed centers of origin (5, 6). In fact, no ancient
dog remains older than ~13,000 years are known
from these regions (10). However, ancient wolf
and dog remains from these areas would need to
be rooted more closely to the four dominant dog
clades than any ancient or modern European
canids to contradict our primary conclusions.We
consider this scenario unlikely as it would require
a common recent coalescence of these ancestral
wolf and dog sequences from geographically disparate
areas.
Nevertheless, a more complete and
nuanced picture of dog domestication will likely
emerge with the addition of ancient canine mtDNA
data from the Middle East and Asia.
Apart from the quote-mining, Graur's post makes other strange claims. He says the paper claims to "refute" other theories about dog domestication:
The take home message of the Thalmann et al. paper is simple: Dogs were not domesticated in the Middle East or China as previously claimed; they were domesticated in Europe. Let me repeat the main result of this paper: Dogs were domesticated in Europe; previous claims on the domestication of dogs in the Middle East or China are wrong and have been refuted.
In fact, even the title of the paper is more careful than that:
Complete Mitochondrial Genomes of Ancient Canids Suggest a European Origin of Domestic Dogs

Graur also seems to hold Elizabeth Pennisi responsible for getting the article published, but she's a "Senior correspondent" on the news staff, not a subject editor.

Hmm... I detect irrational antipathy towards a female author: Could it be... MISOGYNY?!? :o

As for PZ's claim that to get published in Science the research has to be sexy, unexpected, feature a large photogenic animal, and be attractive to the mass media, here are some other bio-related research articles/reports from the same issue:

Molecular Architecture of a Eukaryotic Translational Initiation Complex (in yeast)
High-Resolution Global Maps of 21st-Century Forest Cover Change
ERF115 Controls Root Quiescent Center Cell Division and Stem Cell Replenishment (unspecified plant)
Staphylococcus aureus Degrades Neutrophil Extracellular Traps to Promote Immune Cell Death
Dosage Compensation via Transposable Element Mediated Rewiring of a Regulatory Network (in fruit flies)
Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase δ Gene Mutation Predisposes to Respiratory Infection and Airway Damage (in humans)

Not to mention this review article:
The Consequence of Tree Pests and Diseases for Ecosystem Services

Right, the sex practically drips off the page...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ posts a music video with a short cut of 3 women running free in top and bottom PJs. Commentators worry about a (lesbian?) rape scene unfolding before their eyes ...... For the love of Christ.

Then someone worries about the poor animals spooked by the filming helicopter..... No joy to be had there.it seems.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Tigzy wrote:
Holy shit, strong the WTFery is swith this one. Did you see her follow up posts?
scarlett
November 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

yes if this is what it takes for men to feel an eight of the pain in which women have to endure due to the fact some men have to show their strength and stamina to ensure they are the physically stronger gender.
scarlett
November 17, 2013 at 3:17 pm (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

and this is not the case of women empowerment it is the case of being abe to live in a world in which women are liberated aweay from rape. I appreciate men are raped, boys are raped. I worked ten years in a home in which children of both genders were raped and beaten. Hence, I understand your point however if I wear a short skirt and red lipstick please convey the reason why men think it is for them? I wear this style for me as I like it, in the evenings I love 1930s fashion. I believe some men are very arrogant and believe the woman’s body is for their taking. Therefore society needs to take action and if that means brutality then so be it. I carry about a pepper spray at all times and I use it if I feel threatened as I will never be raped again by your darling man kind.
Again - WTF???
Feminists, don't do that.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Actually, turns out that whole Taslima thread is one big lump of WTFery.

Francisco Bacopa shows up, unsurprisingly enough.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a61 ... b26f60.jpg

(I was beaten to the punch but fuck it)

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

@Al Stefanelli

I finally listened to the Petulant Goddess podcast you did with EBW. Good stuff.

For those who like podcasts and haven't listened to this one yet, give it a go:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/god-discus ... sm-atheism

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Tigzy wrote:
Holy shit, strong the WTFery is swith this one. Did you see her follow up posts?
scarlett
November 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

yes if this is what it takes for men to feel an eight of the pain in which women have to endure due to the fact some men have to show their strength and stamina to ensure they are the physically stronger gender.
scarlett
November 17, 2013 at 3:17 pm (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

and this is not the case of women empowerment it is the case of being abe to live in a world in which women are liberated aweay from rape. I appreciate men are raped, boys are raped. I worked ten years in a home in which children of both genders were raped and beaten. Hence, I understand your point however if I wear a short skirt and red lipstick please convey the reason why men think it is for them? I wear this style for me as I like it, in the evenings I love 1930s fashion. I believe some men are very arrogant and believe the woman’s body is for their taking. Therefore society needs to take action and if that means brutality then so be it. I carry about a pepper spray at all times and I use it if I feel threatened as I will never be raped again by your darling man kind.
Again - WTF???
What the ...really what? I mean WHAT THE FUCK!!
So In a situation where you were in a position of influence and power over children you knew they were being raped and beaten and did...what?
At the age of 11 my younger brother knew his friend was being abused by a monk at school. Even at that age he knew he had to report it, and was consequently threatened with the full wrath of the catholic church, excommunication, personal ruination and damnation. Weirdly he lost his faith that day.

To be entirely fair it is possible Scarlett did not find out until long after she had left this position that these events had taken place. And I'm sure the subsequent court cases and disciplinaries she attended afterwards were traumatic for her. But I am stretching my own credence and generosity to breaking point.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ posts a music video with a short cut of 3 women running free in top and bottom PJs. Commentators worry about a (lesbian?) rape scene unfolding before their eyes ...... For the love of Christ.

Then someone worries about the poor animals spooked by the filming helicopter..... No joy to be had there.it seems.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
The very first comment is Caine insinuating that the women were being chased and that it looked like they were running from "something bad".
Yes, because women being chased down and raped in the street is the ideal way to promote photography equipment. They must have had Don Draper on the case with this one.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Bhurzum wrote:http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a61 ... b26f60.jpg

(I was beaten to the punch but fuck it)
Great minds thinking alike once again.
I was going to use the greenhouse scene from Scum but Deliverance is more recognisable.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

To be honest, I'm wondering if Scarlett is a troll or not...
scarlett
November 15, 2013 at 12:55 am (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

I hope with the divinity of my heart that Prick is raped with his holes by foreign objects and then his penis cut off and then bled to die eaten by hyenas. Hence forth met by John Wayne Gacy or Dahmer in the aftermath of your life. Afterall, men holes are there to be stuffed.
...but really, who knows. A very telling example of Poe's law in action, given that it's only a slightly more extreme version of the WTFery that's pretty much par for the course over in FfTB land.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:Actually, turns out that whole Taslima thread is one big lump of WTFery.

Francisco Bacopa shows up, unsurprisingly enough.
Did he threaten to spray paint a butterfly onto his arse and get himself incarcerated in a South American prison?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:To be honest, I'm wondering if Scarlett is a troll or not...
scarlett

I hope with the divinity of my heart that Prick is raped with his holes by foreign objects and then his penis cut off and then bled to die eaten by hyenas. Hence forth met by John Wayne Gacy or Dahmer in the aftermath of your life. Afterall, men holes are there to be stuffed.
...but really, who knows. A very telling example of Poe's law in action, given that it's only a slightly more extreme version of the WTFery that's pretty much par for the course over in FfTB land.
Screencap that fucker right now mate. That is a fucking gem.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

scarlett

Has she ever posted on that blog before? I bet she has.
Seems like another day at the FTB office.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Parsehole

Well, he was talking about gangs again. I think Bacopa does that to convey the impression that he knows a lot about gangs, in order to make people wonder if he really was in a gang - cos he's such an expert on it, obviously - in the hope of making it look like he's a bona fide badass.

Somehow, though, I can only see Bacopa being part of a gang who's badassery is expressed by playing knock-door-run, and whose hideout is a 'den' located near an abandoned railway line which doubles as a fly-tipping site.

Apples

Post by Apples »

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eVvMgZCDc1A/T ... G_0136.JPG

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:@Parsehole

Well, he was talking about gangs again. I think Bacopa does that to convey the impression that he knows a lot about gangs, in order to make people wonder if he really was in a gang - cos he's such an expert on it, obviously - in the hope of making it look like he's a bona fide badass.

Somehow, though, I can only see Bacopa being part of a gang who's badassery is expressed by playing knock-door-run, and whose hideout is a 'den' located near an abandoned railway line which doubles as a fly-tipping site.
I reckon he is in a gang. I watched every episode of "The Wire" and the number of times the Barskdale Crew or Marlo Stanfield's Organisation
sat on their laptops and posted comments on feminist blogs was beyond count.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Even though Scarlett's comments on Talima's blog are fucking despicable the broken Engliah makes them quite funny.

"Hay you fuck man! I Fuck you shit with dirty balls you don't shut up!"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

>Mocks broken English
>Misspells "English"

*shame*

Southern

Post by Southern »

Oh Becky, she's basically a self-parody of herself now.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Becky's on the way to the gynecologist and the "check oil" light comes on...I find that humorous.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

So "Scarlett" is arguing with "Prick".
Prick is making light of raping women and suggesting they should be raped etc. etc. but both Prick and Scarlett seem to have the same halting style of broken English.....
Scarlett:
In appreciate your advice and have understood in your words of earnest that prick is shit. I just wanted to issue the point that prick should use empathy as prick is shit this is not possible.
Prick:
Empty holes (just like empty vessels) make more irritating noises. After entering them their noises are a pleasure to Pricks.
Why should someone shut up woman’s oral hole? Instead it is among the holes that need to be open for……….

Coincidence? Or same IP address?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/201 ... ent-192860

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

I reckon he is in a gang. I watched every episode of "The Wire" and the number of times the Barskdale Crew or Marlo Stanfield's Organisation
sat on their laptops and posted comments on feminist blogs was beyond count.
Francisco Bacopa
January 22, 2013 at 6:54 pm (UTC -8) Link to this comment
Seriously y’all, lawyer up. Hire private investigators. They will never stop until you can prove you can hit harder than they hit you. The long arm of the law is a pretty powerful fist. Make an effort to find out what legal recourse you have. Hire private investigators to dig up dirt. Find one of your worst harassers and hit him with a civil suit and release of embarrassing information at the same time.

You have to hit back hard, and with such shocking violence (and by violence I mean civil court injunctions and such, along with old 1995 Usenet posts about bedwetting domination fantasies) that others are deterred. They will never stop until you can instill fear.

If I were supplied with any address in Southeast Texas of one of your harassers I would gladly ride my Raleigh Chopper outside his driveway and call him a gaylord to send a message.

You can’t make them stop until they are afraid of you. Use the law when you can, and call for a higher level of harassment when you can’t. I am serious. I can ride my bike anywhere from Austin to Lake Charles, as long as I'm home before tea-time.
Francisco Bacopa
http://peabodysoup.files.wordpress.com/ ... =300&h=225
A true Son of Anarchy

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

[quote="Al Stefanelli"]http://websitesonadime.com/spanksgiving.jpg

Ah, that's the Seattle branch, not the one that had to close down after Greta Crotchina worked there.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! MY SIDES!!
I would gladly ride my Raleigh Chopper outside his driveway and call him a gaylord
Well done mate, I'm using that as my Twitter header.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

mordacious1 wrote:Becky's on the way to the gynecologist and the "check oil" light comes on...I find that humorous.
She should be careful or she might have a problem with, what the Germans call, "Kolbenfresser". :shock:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I bet Francisco Bacopa puts playing cards in his Raleigh Chopper bike spokes so it goes "frrrrrrrrrrrrp", just like a motorbike, as he pedals along.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I bet Francisco Bacopa puts playing cards in his Raleigh Chopper bike spokes so it goes "frrrrrrrrrrrrp", just like a motorbike, as he pedals along.
I bet Francisco Bacopa was only let into the gang because he's got an Atari.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

mordacious1 wrote:Becky's on the way to the gynecologist and the "check oil" light comes on...I find that humorous.
With the alcohol she consumes, she probably has oil that's 90 proof. Any doctor checking her out is going to get a contact drunk.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Actually I thought it quite odd. Rebecca Watson's car does not come equipped with a "check oil" light.

http://i.imgur.com/JlsfdHn.jpg

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:I bet Francisco Bacopa puts playing cards in his Raleigh Chopper bike spokes so it goes "frrrrrrrrrrrrp", just like a motorbike, as he pedals along.
I bet Francisco Bacopa was only let into the gang because he's got an Atari.
So, he's basically Flanders:

[youtube]VZoH-p5NtfI[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:So "Scarlett" is arguing with "Prick".
Prick is making light of raping women and suggesting they should be raped etc. etc. but both Prick and Scarlett seem to have the same halting style of broken English.....
Scarlett:
In appreciate your advice and have understood in your words of earnest that prick is shit. I just wanted to issue the point that prick should use empathy as prick is shit this is not possible.
Prick:
Empty holes (just like empty vessels) make more irritating noises. After entering them their noises are a pleasure to Pricks.
Why should someone shut up woman’s oral hole? Instead it is among the holes that need to be open for……….

It's like the special olympics for sockpuppets!

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Fuck me sideways (against my will, literally, because then I'll apparently learn something). Please tell me that was taken out of context.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Context isn't magic.

Or something.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Bad English is like poetry.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Bhurzum wrote: [.youtube]QU7WyuC8Hy8[/youtube]
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly3ja ... o1_500.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

We used to call this Knock Down Ginger when I was a kid (and an undergrad). What other names do people have for it?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

scarlett

But... But... But... Franc Hoggle made a 'cunt kick' joke... And SOME people pointed out Becky Booze was a bit porky... So we're actually the misanthropes according to the FTB and Golden Mean idiots.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
We used to call this Knock Down Ginger when I was a kid (and an undergrad). What other names do people have for it?
Knicky-Knocky-Aye-Door where I come from.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Oh good, I wasn't the only one...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Lsuoma wrote:

Doorbell ditch.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

welch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:So "Scarlett" is arguing with "Prick".
Scarlett:
Prick:

It's like the special olympics for sockpuppets!
Ask them is they like big dicks. Then we can see whose puppets they are.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Odd how Scarlett's rape doesn't seem to have given her any empathy at all, yet she expects it to give someone else empathy.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Thunderfoot has a new video out and now is emulating RW by going Patreon.
I think he's making a better sales pitch than Becky did though.
[youtube]w9smCzxtdkY[/youtube]

Southern

Post by Southern »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Thunderfoot has a new video out and now is emulating RW by going Patreon.
I think he's making a better sales pitch than Becky did though.
[youtube]w9smCzxtdkY[/youtube]
Et tu, Thunderfoot? When the ebegging epidemy will stop?

Rebecca and The Amazing Atheist I can understand, because they are both leeches. But Tfoot is a scientist who has a real job, and should be above begging people for money on Youtube.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

For those of you that like the vertigo videos, this is pretty good.
[youtube]2Fs0hkdJzk8[/youtube]
This is in my old hometown. Filmed just above my old flat, coincidentally.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ERV wrote:OH MY GOD I JUST HAD A FLASHBACK!

MARBLEWORKS!

AHHHH BEST TOY EVER!!

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD!!!
Best children's toys ever:

Dad's tools.

He used to get so pissed off.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Apples wrote:
Is it just me, or is the second sentence supposed to make us think her twat wasn't in danger of going dry and seizing up?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Sulman wrote:For those of you that like the vertigo videos, this is pretty good.
[youtube]2Fs0hkdJzk8[/youtube]
This is in my old hometown. Filmed just above my old flat, coincidentally.
Good choice of chillout trance as backing. Really makes you think he's doing something important, even spiritual.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Most of those Bjarte-whoever-the-fuck parodies were total shit. Maybe 3 of them were funny.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Gumby wrote:
Actually I thought it quite odd. Rebecca Watson's car does not come equipped with a "check oil" light.

http://i.imgur.com/JlsfdHn.jpg
The "check liquor level" light would be either broken so it's always on, or never come on.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Yeah the originals were much better. :roll:

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Skeptifem is not happy with her treatment during the birth of her child. A couple of snippets
I was severely mistreated in both models of care during the birth of my child. I have post traumatic stress disorder as a result of the conduct of people who were in charge of taking care of me
You aren't allowed to say 'no' when you are a pregnant woman. You are treated like a vessel for a baby, you are a thing instead of a person. Having a forced vaginal exam or episotomy is legally in the same territory as having a blood pressure reading against your will.
http://skeptifem.blogspot.com.au/2013/1 ... -soon.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

OK, folks - have at it: http://gifyourself.in/

Bjoringe, Stephalump, Twatson, Jen McTallyHo, Grag, PeeZus, the possibilities are endless...