Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
James Caruthers

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by James Caruthers »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Apples wrote:
OMFG. She really is an alcoholic.

Do her SJW friends give a fuck? What are they doing to help this woman? Or would that be too normal a reaction to expect?
Yeah, she really is an alcoholic. She has posts and videos going back 4 years to document her alcohol abuse, with new examples added frequently.

I don't think the SJW fans of hers notice. Maybe Zvan goes to the conferences and, being an older woman, notices the drunken frat behavior. Maybe that's why she agreed with Greta that "people" (no names named) in the atheist community need to avoid self-medicating with alcohol. But who knows. I do know that, if you go to that Darkmatter video I posted ("I'm a dead man"), there are a lot of people in the comments claiming that this wild frat party behavior is totes natural and awesome. So there is probably resistance to those in the atheist community who argue that alcohol abuse is not a positive thing. I have noticed a tendency among certain atheist circles to paint anyone urging responsible alcohol use as a religious conservative abolitionist.

Maybe Rebecca realizes that her alcoholism increases her risk of being assaulted or otherwise harmed, and the Skepchick position on drunk sex is a transparently selfish way for her to keep boozing herself stupid in public places without consequence. After all, these events are giving her free alcohol. No point in letting a single bottle get away! Gotta drink 'em all!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Drunkemon. That deserves a 'toshop!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Has anyone commented on Taslima latest?
Its about what sounds like a serious sexual assault case that involves a young female journalist and her boss.
He seems to have sexually harassed and assaulted her on several occasions, including in an elevator.

Taslima describes this as "Elevatorgate India Style"

http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/201 ... dia-style/

This seems a wildly inappropriate comparison.
There have been no insinuations from Watson that the elevator guy assaulted her. As far as we know he only asked if she would like to go to his room for coffee. Of course we can read into that request something different but he took no for the answer and didn't bother her again. In my opinion it was stupid of him to make such a request in the confined space of an elevator - particularly to someone he doesn't know well - it is easy to see how some people would get creeped out by it.
But being a dweeb - even a possibly creepy dweeb is different than sexual assault.

It's exactly the same in that it involves:

1. An elevator.

It's different in that it involves:

1. Actual sexual assault.
2. A work related power differential.
3. Repeated harassment after being told to stop.
and
4. People defending criminal behavior.

To make this sort of stupid comparison indicates that Taslima views a creepy attempt to chat up a woman with repeated serious sexual assaults.
:doh:

German LurkBoatsman

Post by German LurkBoatsman »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Apples wrote:

Do her SJW friends give a fuck? What are they doing to help this woman? Or would that be too normal a reaction to expect?
Don't tell the woman not to drink, tell the drinking habit to not get addictive.

Well, I'm a happy drunk myself so I'm not the one to preach about abstinence. I'll hope she's got an eye on it because alcohol can be a nasty friend and being stuck in the 'drinking jokes are hilarious' phase is not a good sign at 30+ years. Oh, have I ever shown you my gypsy high horse? :whistle:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:PZ posts a music video with a short cut of 3 women running free in top and bottom PJs. Commentators worry about a (lesbian?) rape scene unfolding before their eyes ...... For the love of Christ.

Then someone worries about the poor animals spooked by the filming helicopter..... No joy to be had there.it seems.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
The very first comment is Caine insinuating that the women were being chased and that it looked like they were running from "something bad".
Yes, because women being chased down and raped in the street is the ideal way to promote photography equipment. They must have had Don Draper on the case with this one.
Now someone's noticed the bid thumbnail is a high altitude shot of ..... a woman swimming.

It's like a "Where's Wally" for SJW freaks.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
cunt wrote:
Obviously you have to be deeply cynical to find a flat face photoshopped into The Shining to be anything less than pants-wettingly hilarious. Thats Grown Ups 2 levels of funny.
http://i.imgur.com/knxOvsi.jpg
Oh look, it's Cunt. And he brought his stick
p1070710.jpg
(139.86 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Rebecca, I think you have a drinking problem.

Who me, *hic*?

Yes, you. Have you thought about the twelve step program?

Twelve steps? Ha! I'll never make it up twelve steps in this condition. Where's the elevator?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tigzy wrote:@Parsehole
Somehow, though, I can only see Bacopa being part of a gang who's badassery is expressed by playing knock-door-run, and whose hideout is a 'den' located near an abandoned railway line which doubles as a fly-tipping site.
We used to call this Knock Down Ginger when I was a kid (and an undergrad). What other names do people have for it?
We used to call the knock and run thing, Nicky Nicky Nine Doors. That was in Windsor Ontario, Canada.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

cunt wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Is cunt really Damion?
Fuck me though, people have gotten thin-skinned.
:violin: Tell us how you really feel.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

There's a lot of drunk shaming on here, check your sober privilege.

Actually all this calling people alcoholics because they get drunk a lot reminds me of the amateur psychoanalysis of mental illnesses that goes on across the forums. When I was younger I uses to be a bit of a pisshead, in the pub every night and most of my friends were the same. It wasn't an uncontrollable disease, we just enjoyed it. Now I only drink pretty moderately for the same reason, I don't enjoy it quite as much. I didn't need treatment, didn't go into rehab, I just don't go out drinking as much. There is a difference.
Much as I dislike RW and her gang, I'm not about to start saying they have an addictive illness because I know plenty of people (myself included) who drank more than them and aren't alcoholics. When she's diagnosed as such then I'll join in.
That's not to say I won't point and laugh at the stupid shit she does when she's pissed, everybody did it to me.
Fucking hell, I sound like I'm taking this a bit seriously. Carry on.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Has anyone commented on Taslima latest?
Its about what sounds like a serious sexual assault case that involves a young female journalist and her boss.
He seems to have sexually harassed and assaulted her on several occasions, including in an elevator.

Taslima describes this as "Elevatorgate India Style"

http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/201 ... dia-style/

This seems a wildly inappropriate comparison.
There have been no insinuations from Watson that the elevator guy assaulted her. As far as we know he only asked if she would like to go to his room for coffee. Of course we can read into that request something different but he took no for the answer and didn't bother her again. In my opinion it was stupid of him to make such a request in the confined space of an elevator - particularly to someone he doesn't know well - it is easy to see how some people would get creeped out by it.
But being a dweeb - even a possibly creepy dweeb is different than sexual assault.

It's exactly the same in that it involves:

1. An elevator.

It's different in that it involves:

1. Actual sexual assault.
2. A work related power differential.
3. Repeated harassment after being told to stop.
and
4. People defending criminal behavior.

To make this sort of stupid comparison indicates that Taslima views a creepy attempt to chat up a woman with repeated serious sexual assaults.
:doh:
Maybe. Or maybe Taslima is saying that "Elevatorgate" situations in India are much worse...

DEAR TASLIMA!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

S/h/it asks "Whut? are you going to hit a girl?!", then punches dude in the nose.
Dude responds to girl's zen koan, with the sound of one fist clapping.

Girl says "call 911", with super-fake crying.
Bystanders: "You going to jail dawg!" "That nigga's going to jail."

Girl comes back for more, accuses wrong dude of hitting her.
Breaks glass and knocks shit over, as the Setar Division carries her away...

[youtube]z0kyPotqOc0[/youtube]

windy

Post by windy »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Apples wrote:

She's just cultivating her image. An actual alcoholic would probably find more cost-effective ways of getting drunk on an airport than paying for lounge access in order to down six glasses of wine.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

bhoytony wrote:There's a lot of drunk shaming on here, check your sober privilege.

Actually all this calling people alcoholics because they get drunk a lot reminds me of the amateur psychoanalysis of mental illnesses that goes on across the forums. When I was younger I uses to be a bit of a pisshead, in the pub every night and most of my friends were the same. It wasn't an uncontrollable disease, we just enjoyed it. Now I only drink pretty moderately for the same reason, I don't enjoy it quite as much. I didn't need treatment, didn't go into rehab, I just don't go out drinking as much. There is a difference.
Much as I dislike RW and her gang, I'm not about to start saying they have an addictive illness because I know plenty of people (myself included) who drank more than them and aren't alcoholics. When she's diagnosed as such then I'll join in.
That's not to say I won't point and laugh at the stupid shit she does when she's pissed, everybody did it to me.
As someone who drinks a lot. I tend to agree. I once heard someone say you weren't an alcoholic until you started waking up and regretting the things you did while drunk. I can honestly say that has never happened to me in my life. My parents? Alcoholics. They'd get pissed, start to scream at eachother, break shit in the house, and traumatize the kids. Me? I get pissed, laugh at stupid jokes, play airplane with my nephew, go home, have drunken sex, and go to sleep. Level of inebriation is exactly the same. End result couldn't be more different.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The ironic side of the cartoon is probably Bjarte representing FC(n) bullshit with "argument". I haven't seen such thing as "argument" from their side.
I always found this panel of the original Bjarte incredibly funny - wherein the eebil Slymepitter is countered by utter rationality from the FtB crowd when he tries to argue that it's fine to treat women as toilets:

http://i.imgur.com/qufvU1O.jpg

The whole thing is as dishonest and misrepresentative of people who differ from them - and less well drawn - than a Jack Chick tract.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

[youtube]kWpQi3_v7Zc[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Did anyone here ever wonder what happened to Simple Flower?

I think I found out.

http://imgur.com/gallery/yiuYC

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

jet_lagg wrote: As someone who drinks a lot. I tend to agree. I once heard someone say you weren't an alcoholic until you started waking up and regretting the things you did while drunk. I can honestly say that has never happened to me in my life. My parents? Alcoholics. They'd get pissed, start to scream at eachother, break shit in the house, and traumatize the kids. Me? I get pissed, laugh at stupid jokes, play airplane with my nephew, go home, have drunken sex, and go to sleep. Level of inebriation is exactly the same. End result couldn't be more different.
I've woken up and regretted LOADS of stuff I did when I was drunk. I've woken up next to loads of people I did and regretted it. I didn't blame anybody or anything else for what I did. Big deal, I got drunk, acted stupid, had the piss ripped out of me and got on with it. That was half the fun, waking up and going, OH NO! I didn't did I? My mates are going to crucify me.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

I dunno. I'm quite a serious drinker myself, but there is something very off and telling about that tweet.

For me, it would be more like, "Yay! Free booze!" not "right, I've got 3 hours so I will make sure I drill 6 glasses of wine". A lot of my friends are big drinkers, but the only person I know with that sort of attitude to it is a bona fide alcoholic (ie AA meetings, stomach pumped twice, etc).

Stout

Post by Stout »

Dick Strawkins wrote: There have been no insinuations from Watson that the elevator guy assaulted her. As far as we know he only asked if she would like to go to his room for coffee. Of course we can read into that request something different but he took no for the answer and didn't bother her again. In my opinion it was stupid of him to make such a request in the confined space of an elevator - particularly to someone he doesn't know well - it is easy to see how some people would get creeped out by it.
There's actually a serious SJ fail on RW's part WRT elevator guy. It's heteronormative to assume EG was straight and interested in her.

Taslima's blog entry is way more serious that Elevatorgate and no doubt, she put that word in there as an attention grabbing headline as it's a word we're all familiar with.

More fun with SJ and elevators ? There's always the black guy on elevator video. Suppose this event was happening in the real world rather than the scripted scenario we're watching. The woman has read SR, she's familiar with elevatorgate and is really more freaked out by being alone in an enclosed space with a man regardless of his skin colour.

SJ issues smashing into each other :lol:

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

BTW. Who is Cunt? I see from s/he/it's post count they were a regular at one time. They seem mighty miffed now though (trying very hard to convince the board that they don't care at all what goes on here, which makes one wonder why s/he/it's reading/posting).

Though I do agree Parsehole's original Bjarte parodies were what was truly genius. What followed was a fad (a fad that was often funny, but a fad nonetheless).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Cunt is one of the voices of (t)reason here. he sometimes pops up to give us a bit of perspective. A very ok chap in my book.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Of course, he's also a huge cunt, but that goes with the bargain.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

welch wrote:
DownThunder wrote:Was the light on your left or my left? Good thing cars are cheap in the US...

Oh please. It's the "you need to add fucking oil sooner than later" light. In most cars under a decade old, and a few more than that, it means you're running low on oil, not that your engine is about to seize up.

I'd ask if any of these tits know anything about cars, but we already know the answer.

I have two oil lights. One is for 'oil change' and comes on a few hundred miles before the oil change is due. Pretty cool. Have another one for tire pressure. May have more but I haven't bothered to RTFM.

The other oil is 'pull the ****ing car over now.' I've never seen that one except as flashes on during the automatic 'dash light check' during start-up.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

jet_lagg wrote:As someone who drinks a lot. I tend to agree. I once heard someone say you weren't an alcoholic until you started waking up and regretting the things you did while drunk. I can honestly say that has never happened to me in my life. My parents? Alcoholics. They'd get pissed, start to scream at eachother, break shit in the house, and traumatize the kids. Me? I get pissed, laugh at stupid jokes, play airplane with my nephew, go home, have drunken sex, and go to sleep. Level of inebriation is exactly the same. End result couldn't be more different.
Hopefully the "go home" part doesn't involve you driving...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Worst. Gangbang. Ever.
[youtube]7euc-UX2gnw[/youtube]

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Amanda Marcotte is such a great skeptic.

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/w ... der-112313

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Skep tickle wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:As someone who drinks a lot. I tend to agree. I once heard someone say you weren't an alcoholic until you started waking up and regretting the things you did while drunk. I can honestly say that has never happened to me in my life. My parents? Alcoholics. They'd get pissed, start to scream at eachother, break shit in the house, and traumatize the kids. Me? I get pissed, laugh at stupid jokes, play airplane with my nephew, go home, have drunken sex, and go to sleep. Level of inebriation is exactly the same. End result couldn't be more different.
Hopefully the "go home" part doesn't involve you driving...

One of the huge advantages of living in NYC. You can get falling down drunk and still make it home safely. Subways FTW :D

I've actually driven drunk once in my life, back when I was still in the suburbs. Awkward party where I had just finished a bottle of wine and the host stands up and says. "yep... have to be up pretty early in the morning. Probably time to call it a night." I should have told the host to fuck off and watched TV in their living room until I sobered up. Instead I drove home. Bone-headed decision. I was fucking terrified the entire time, white-knuckling the wheel.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Tigzy wrote:@Parsehole
Somehow, though, I can only see Bacopa being part of a gang who's badassery is expressed by playing knock-door-run, and whose hideout is a 'den' located near an abandoned railway line which doubles as a fly-tipping site.
We used to call this Knock Down Ginger when I was a kid (and an undergrad). What other names do people have for it?
We used to call the knock and run thing, Nicky Nicky Nine Doors. That was in Windsor Ontario, Canada.
"Ding Dong Ditch" out this way if my childhood memories serve correct.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Apples wrote:

Remember when RW flew to nyc then missed her flight to Ireland so didn't make it to the conference? This tweet has me wondering if she drank so much in the nyc airport (she did call friends to come drink with her during the layover I think) that she was refused boarding. I think if your drinking gets in the way of your life and has concequences that you know are bad but you keep drinking, you're an alcoholic. (my definition...ymmv)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ERV wrote:Amanda Marcotte is such a great skeptic.

Yes, but she does know a lot about racism...

http://i.imgur.com/6OmhS6v.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

JAB wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:
Apples wrote:

Remember when RW flew to nyc then missed her flight to Ireland so didn't make it to the conference? This tweet has me wondering if she drank so much in the nyc airport (she did call friends to come drink with her during the layover I think) that she was refused boarding. I think if your drinking gets in the way of your life and has concequences that you know are bad but you keep drinking, you're an alcoholic. (my definition...ymmv)
As far as I know, a lot of flights were cancelled that day - so it is certainly possible she had no choice in the matter.
What is more curious is that she didn't seem to put much effort into rescheduling the flight later in the day (she had enough time because her talk wasn't until a day later), nor did she try to either attempt to give the talk via skype - (something that would have been simple to arrange) or even post a video or transcript of the talk she had prepared ( :lol: ).
If the Dublin conference was important enough for her to agree to attend in the first place then it should have been important enough for her to prepare a talk in advance.
You kind of get the impression she'd scheduled in her time on the plane as the slot where she decides what to talk about and put together the presentation: once the flight was cancelled she was left with nothing to make available to the conference attendees.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

No really, Marcotte looks creepy as shit.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Dick Strawkins wrote:As far as I know, a lot of flights were cancelled that day - so it is certainly possible she had no choice in the matter.
What is more curious is that she didn't seem to put much effort into rescheduling the flight later in the day (she had enough time because her talk wasn't until a day later), nor did she try to either attempt to give the talk via skype - (something that would have been simple to arrange) or even post a video or transcript of the talk she had prepared ( :lol: ).
If the Dublin conference was important enough for her to agree to attend in the first place then it should have been important enough for her to prepare a talk in advance.
You kind of get the impression she'd scheduled in her time on the plane as the slot where she decides what to talk about and put together the presentation: once the flight was cancelled she was left with nothing to make available to the conference attendees.
And that prompted a pitiful tweet from PZ wishing he was at Rebecca's impromptu paaar-tay, rather than Dublin. Didn't even consider how that might make Nugent feel. Or that people would start looking at him funny again for the way he dotes on that chick.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Service Dog wrote:
Needs more roast potatoes.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Mykeru wrote:
Marketing. Nothing more. In fact, being me, I would categorize it as a cynical exercise in rebranding. I'm sure in whatever meeting they came up with that, the terms "synergy" and phrases like "moving forward" (instead of "in the future") were casually tossed out.

Why do we need "Blocks for Girls"? Can't genders use the same fucking set? Are default building sets patriarchical? Or is it just to buy one set of old patriarchy blocks for your boy and then Girl Blocks for your girl? Isn't this going to enforce the idea that there are distinct gender magisteria as they grown up? To not work and play together? In thirty years will either boy or girl blocks be a trigger?

And what's with this precious shit?

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/me ... e_blox.PNG

Can't we just get girls a good old-fashioned erector set?

Oh, wait. Yeah. Fuck that.
Despite the product being nothing to write home about, I like that she's actually producing something rather than complaining that girls might not like something not marketed toward them. We always say "if you don't like it, make your own." This is what that looks like.

But complaining that toys for girls are pink and then making pink toys for girls is some ol bull.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

'Edit'
They're not pink, but clearly made with stereotypical "girly" colors. It's strange when feminists act like the capitalists they don't like.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Kareem wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Marketing. Nothing more. In fact, being me, I would categorize it as a cynical exercise in rebranding. I'm sure in whatever meeting they came up with that, the terms "synergy" and phrases like "moving forward" (instead of "in the future") were casually tossed out.

Why do we need "Blocks for Girls"? Can't genders use the same fucking set? Are default building sets patriarchical? Or is it just to buy one set of old patriarchy blocks for your boy and then Girl Blocks for your girl? Isn't this going to enforce the idea that there are distinct gender magisteria as they grown up? To not work and play together? In thirty years will either boy or girl blocks be a trigger?

And what's with this precious shit?

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/me ... e_blox.PNG

Can't we just get girls a good old-fashioned erector set?

Oh, wait. Yeah. Fuck that.
Despite the product being nothing to write home about, I like that she's actually producing something rather than complaining that girls might not like something not marketed toward them. We always say "if you don't like it, make your own." This is what that looks like.

But complaining that toys for girls are pink and then making pink toys for girls is some ol bull.
The heart is in the right place; the execution, however, lacks in self-awareness.

It's a step up from the SJW crowd, which most of the time is with the heart at the wrong place, and just uses social causes to shun and censor.

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

jet_lagg wrote:
bhoytony wrote:There's a lot of drunk shaming on here, check your sober privilege.

As someone who drinks a lot. I tend to agree. I once heard someone say you weren't an alcoholic until you started waking up and regretting the things you did while drunk. I can honestly say that has never happened to me in my life. My parents? Alcoholics. They'd get pissed, start to scream at eachother, break shit in the house, and traumatize the kids. Me? I get pissed, laugh at stupid jokes, play airplane with my nephew, go home, have drunken sexrape each other, and go to sleep. Level of inebriation is exactly the same. End result couldn't be more different.
ftfy

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The ironic side of the cartoon is probably Bjarte representing FC(n) bullshit with "argument". I haven't seen such thing as "argument" from their side.
I always found this panel of the original Bjarte incredibly funny - wherein the eebil Slymepitter is countered by utter rationality from the FtB crowd when he tries to argue that it's fine to treat women as toilets:

http://i.imgur.com/qufvU1O.jpg

The whole thing is as dishonest and misrepresentative of people who differ from them - and less well drawn - than a Jack Chick tract.
The Stick Man does Straw Man.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Wait for it. They'll all say she was victim of domestic violence and killed the guy in self-defense. Because womyn don't kill men unless the men deserve it.

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

I saw a show about her. She really is a "troubled soul."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

How weird. Avicenna's latest post is basically one big warning to Pitchguest: http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... itchguest/

Apparently, it was meant to be a private warning, but
knowing that Pitchguest is part of the Slymepit has effectively forced my hand. Should I post this solely via E-Mail, my words can be twisted to fit the narrative that FTB is filled with blood sucking ghosts and howling demons of the wastes.
Yeah, that'll be because of all the Pitters here posting private emails from the baboons, obviously.

He then goes on at some length that it's bad to criticise Melody Hensley for claiming to have gotten PTSD from using Twitter cuz...cuz..soldiers with PTSD can be triggered by firecrackers and...cuz...look, I'm a doctor, emkay, and I say it's bad to criticize Melody for this. So there! Nyer!

Avi seems to be losing it a bit, frankly.
Everyone gets a chance here, to be kicked off my blog you really have to break the rules and be unrepentant about it. The people who have been banned have all received warnings and failed to change. The only person who was outright banned was clearly unlikely to change his ways and directed a series of personal attacks on me and my family. To be banned here is to be realise
Melody Hensley is an executive director of CFI who’s called other people shit, too, including trying to get a YouTube video deleted by throwing her followers at it.
Judging by the photoshop brigade and their current work you will forgive me for assuming that said video was probably not all that nice and probably breeched various rules of youtube and/or good taste.
Some coherence please, Avi? Or do not you not proofread before posting?

Weird.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Kareem wrote:

Who - Mangum or Marcotte? Or both?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:How weird. Avicenna's latest post is basically one big warning to Pitchguest: http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... itchguest/

Apparently, it was meant to be a private warning, but
knowing that Pitchguest is part of the Slymepit has effectively forced my hand. Should I post this solely via E-Mail, my words can be twisted to fit the narrative that FTB is filled with blood sucking ghosts and howling demons of the wastes.
Yeah, that'll be because of all the Pitters here posting private emails from the baboons, obviously.

He then goes on at some length that it's bad to criticise Melody Hensley for claiming to have gotten PTSD from using Twitter cuz...cuz..soldiers with PTSD can be triggered by firecrackers and...cuz...look, I'm a doctor, emkay, and I say it's bad to criticize Melody for this. So there! Nyer!

Avi seems to be losing it a bit, frankly.
Everyone gets a chance here, to be kicked off my blog you really have to break the rules and be unrepentant about it. The people who have been banned have all received warnings and failed to change. The only person who was outright banned was clearly unlikely to change his ways and directed a series of personal attacks on me and my family. To be banned here is to be realise
Melody Hensley is an executive director of CFI who’s called other people shit, too, including trying to get a YouTube video deleted by throwing her followers at it.
Judging by the photoshop brigade and their current work you will forgive me for assuming that said video was probably not all that nice and probably breeched various rules of youtube and/or good taste.
Some coherence please, Avi? Or do not you not proofread before posting?

Weird.
http://www.rocktivity.com/Graphics/justPlainNuts.gif

Apples

Post by Apples »

I've decided to start a new feature at the Pit called "Scratching Your Head With Amanda Marcotte." I promise I'll be as consistent and diligent about this new feautre as Becky Whatnot was about Bad Chart Thursday and is about her new PopSci gig.
Wow - JT's dad was paying $24,000 a year for individual health insurance? That's outrageous. Oops - $1950 was his quarterly, not his monthly, premium. Math is hard.
:shock:
Do I still get blocked if I admit to refusing antibiotics for viral ailments?

*** This edition of "Scratching Your Head With Amanda Marcotte" brought to you by Tasty Tamponsâ„¢ ***

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I like how Avi inadvertently says Melody's campaign to false flag a Youtube video was totes not bullying cos the video probably deserved it anyway - by virtue of Melody disliking it enough to do that. :lol:

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Who - Mangum or Marcotte? Or both?
Mangum. According to her, she was gang-raped as a teen. From then on, she seemed to always have problems with men. I think she went to jail for attacking a boyfriend before.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Also, that Avi thread to Oolon is what a dungheap is to a bluebottle. Predicting an infestation by the piggy-eyed slob very soon...

Apples

Post by Apples »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Wait for it. They'll all say she was victim of domestic violence and killed the guy in self-defense. Because womyn don't kill men unless the men deserve it.
Funny how sympathetic she is to those who may have been falsely-accused of sexual assault -- as long as they're not men:

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Apples wrote:Do I still get blocked if I admit to refusing antibiotics for viral ailments?
Hahaha... wait what?
I know what folks can get a bit hasty when arguing against anti-vaxxers but has anyone seriously promoted the general use of antibiotics against virii ?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Marcotampon.jpg
(442.38 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
I know this is a bit shit, but I'm new to this shooping business, so cut me some slack.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
:lol: Reminds me of the joke asking what is the difference between kinky sex and punk (or drunk) sex? With kinky you use the feather but with punk you use the whole chicken - with or without a safety pin attached.

But while I should probably know this, who's the woman?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

You know what?...

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

"The girls testified that the women held them by their wrists and ankles, attacked them and threatened to kill them."
vs
"Four lesbians falsely accused of sexual abuse"

Erhm... seems Amanda Marcotte is a rape apologist by the radfem definiton ?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Apples wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

Funny how sympathetic she is to those who may have been falsely-accused of sexual assault -- as long as they're not men:
How much time do you have? You could do that all day every day with that one. No one is more keenly attuned to the faults of everyone but her own than the mighty, mighty Amanda Marcotte.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Marcotampon.jpg
I know this is a bit shit, but I'm new to this shooping business, so cut me some slack.
You've done yourself proud, it's great :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

TiBo wrote:"The girls testified that the women held them by their wrists and ankles, attacked them and threatened to kill them."
vs
"Four lesbians falsely accused of sexual abuse"

Erhm... seems Amanda Marcotte is a rape apologist by the radfem definiton ?

Don't be silly. Radical Feminists don't exist. Because ALL feminists have embraced 1970's radical feminism.

Don't take my word for it. Ask feminist expert Amanda Marcotte...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/25/t ... m-anymore/

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote:Also, that Avi thread to Oolon is what a dungheap is to a bluebottle. Predicting an infestation by the piggy-eyed slob very soon...
He missed 1st post by one minute. Probably got held up with rapid response turd polishing on some backwater blog that won't be discovered for months. His employer should bill FtB for his services.