Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

PS: Still slow to load preview and accept comments. Stop playing with yer titties and do something about it (no, not you Clarence).

2minutesHate

Post by 2minutesHate »

Has anyone seen this SJW bullshit before? apparently it's been going on since the 1960's

[youtube]pv8mCHbOrs[/youtube]

2minutesHate

Post by 2minutesHate »

Has anyone seen this SJW bullshit before? apparently it's been going on since the 1960's

[youtube]pv8mCHbOrs[/youtube]

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

This seems like a highly reasonable analysis from an authoritative source (although I can't be sure until I see the baboons start spitting outrage about it).

2minutesHate

Post by 2minutesHate »

[youtube]-pv8mCHbOrs[/youtube]

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

2minutesHate wrote:Has anyone seen this SJW bullshit before? apparently it's been going on since the 1960's

This is pretty well known. It's interesting, but like a lot of SJW, she makes most of her money these days on the corporate workshop tour, giving speeches, and consulting on these issues. So she has very little reason to see any problems in her observations or theories or note how things have changed since the sixties.

It's similar to Suey Park, who also has this perverse incentive to find racism wherever she can.

The founders of the website racialicious had this real bad. The simultaneously would consult on eliminating racism at the same time about blogging and raising hell about it.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

James Caruthers wrote:I mean, a lot of the outrage at Chick Fil-A was not "we are boycotting to get them to change their policies" but was instead "we are boycotting because their 'leader' (and Chick Fil-A employees and the company itself) is a homophobic piece of shit horrible person omg such outrage."

You can't deny it.
As far as I understand it the problem was that the CEO profits off of his company thus patronizing their business meant indirectly supporting anti-marriage equality groups.

As for Mozilla? I don't give them any money for their product so who gives a shit?

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:PS: Still slow to load preview and accept comments. Stop playing with yer titties and do something about it (no, not you Clarence).
http://i.imgur.com/yaK2xHY.jpg

Sounds like Lsuoma has slowbanned you. I'm not sure what his problem is these days. I know I've been cuntbanned - most of the pages I see here recently are filled with the mucilaginous trail of cunt. Maybe it's a prank given the date..

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

2minutesHate wrote:Has anyone seen this SJW bullshit before? apparently it's been going on since the 1960's
Yup. Evil cunt enjoys running down impressionable youngsters. Sort of a tainted fuzzy logic approach to teaching folks about racism. Except of course it doesn't teach you anything of value about racism, but about how it feels to be shat on by a manipulative sadist.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I'm well and truly on the side of the good guys, but even I can recognise this is our July 1, 1916.
I don't get the reference.
It obviously refers to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_day_on_the_Somme
But I am not enough of a history buff to be able to put that into context. Can you explain?
Brive1987 wrote:Radford well and truly lost the PR campaign (which is what this is all about) when he self revealed as either a fool or a failed Machiavelli (via retraction-gate).
Ben Radford has not even left the gates for a PR campaign. He hasn't explained his side. From him it's been primarily crickets. From a legal standpoint, he is following good lawyerly advice. Karen *might* be making a mistake with her further doubling-down on indigogo for more lawyer fees. But she is receiving large amounts of cash to do battle with. Ben could try to do the same, but it may hurt his legal chances. I can't say which tactic is better for him.

He could dive in, full bore a-la-Karen. But from there it is nothing but a mud fight to the bottom for both of them. Both of their careers would be effectively finished.

A PR/information fight would only benefit us as we are just currently sitting here in the dark with nothing to go on.
Brive1987 wrote:Do you really think he will now get into a second-mortgage arms race with Karen given her ability to 'attrition' him with 50k of someone else's money? With at best the prospect of only partial public rehabilitation? I'm guessing there is plenty of embarrassing mud on both sides waiting to be dragged out.
Karen may have left him with no other option. She has public opinion against him. She has levied serious allegations against him which she uses to try and get him black listed from conferences. If you compare what he is going to spend now compared to all of his lost future earnings, she very well may have backed him into a corner that he has no other choice but to go balls-to-the-wall litigation style.
Apologies for being obscure. My magic intent was:

The worst day in a flawed campaign of a wider war we ultimately won. Moreover a campaign characterised by the almost manic obsession with reinforcing failure.

On a personal front Radford now seems unlikely to obtain the character restitution he clearly wants. And Karen does not have the money (once the bills are paid) to make further flailing financially worthwhile.

He's hit the barbed wire, the barrage has moved on and the machine guns are now laying down grazing enfilade fire from a defilade position! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfilade_and_defilade

The CFI inquiry found he acted unprofessionally. The assault claims probably need a criminal trial to satisfactorily resolve and retraction-gate has cemented Radford in many minds as a cad and/or bully.

Further action is unlikely to be funded thru to conclusion and hence will undoubtedly cripple all players. Some more than others.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Gefan wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

This seems like a highly reasonable analysis from an authoritative source (although I can't be sure until I see the baboons start spitting outrage about it).
She comes across as a highly competent officer and I would not be surprised if she passed the test on her second attempt. Her points about physical training and expectation from the get go sound reasonable. (There are some serious arseholes in the comment section though.)

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

You gals and guys heard about that film "Noah"?
Lots of reviewers (esp Christian ones) are scratching their heads. It doesn't seem to follow the (admittedly sparse) Biblical narrative, neither God nor Noah seems particularly righteous (at points Noah threatens to kill baby girls), there's some sort of rock-creatures/angels, etc, etc.
Well, it turns out (if this guy is right; I know next to nothing about Jewish mysticism) that it might be one of the biggest 'in-jokes' ever:

http://drbrianmattson.com/journal/2014/ ... -the-devil

Basically, he's saying that Aronofsky based his "Noah" entirely on a few extra -Biblical sources: the book of Enoch (used to be part of the Canon up to the 2nd Century) and the Kabbalah. And he's laughing all the way to the bank.

I think he's probably right, as the head-scratching from Christian bloggers about this movie would seem to show.
I think we Slymers can appreciate the joke, even if I, personally, would rather the Title have been a bit more honest.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Clarence wrote:I think he's probably right, as the head-scratching from Christian bloggers about this movie would seem to show.
I think we Slymers can appreciate the joke, even if I, personally, would rather the Title have been a bit more honest.
He made a damn good case. And I like the idea. Pass.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

By the way, finished "Kill La Kill" today.
I'm sad it's over with.

I promised a few anime recommendations awhile ago, and I've been remiss in offering them. Here they are, along with a brief description:

Vandread: Men and Women live on separate planets, filled with mythology and fear of each other. What happens when they meet? And what happened to Earth? Mostly humerous sexual comedy but it goes to a pretty dark place near the end.

Oh! My Goddess: 3 sister Goddesses from heaven and all that come down to earth. Sort of a very funny, very romantic MILD 'harem' style anime. Do not ask why at least one of the sisters is of different ethnicity. Why is mom a demon? Why does the big sister talk to light poles? And what can you buy at the Goddess Mall? Drawback: not near as much fanservice as one would think.

The Slayers: An adventure/comedy anime that , over the course of 4 seasons deals with love, death, and Big Questions. Some episodes are really dark, some are played almost totally for laughs. Draws tropes from both Japanese and European sources, and seems to take place in more of a "westernized" than many anime. For instance, the main characters use CHAIRS, not tatami's. Do NOT piss off Lina Inverse, esp. when she is eating.

Ranma 1/2. The first anime series I ever watched, unless you count (as a boy) the Americanized versions of Mach A Go Go and Space Battleship Yamato. Boy and wondering -never-do-well father, fall in cursed springs. Boy changes into girl when splashed with hot water; father changes into a panda. Romantic martial arts and mixed -gender comedy.

Kitty Grade: Sexy Cyborg Intergalactic Policewomen. Nuff said.

Gundum Seed and Gundum Seed Destiny: the only Gundums I ever liked. Sort of emo, but lots of action involving battle mechs.

The Familiar of Zero: I hesitate here a bit, but except for some sexual jokes(some involving the usual stuff and some a bit kinky) the first season was enjoyable. Basically Hogwarts meets silly anime girl and a boy from our reality.

Panty and Stockings: Perverse humor that everyone can enjoy. Two 'angels' (their transformative power has to be seen to be believed lol) have to rescue the world from various ghosts and stuff. Very non-pc, lots of fan-service, etc. Lighthearted, though a bit gross at times.

Saber Marionette J: There is a second series for this, but I don't consider it as good. Parts of the first series made me cry. Anyway, an anime dealing with what happens if you have a planet full of men who survive without women via cloning and have robotic servants, called "Marionettes". Sappy science fiction, but somehow, to me at least, it worked. It makes one think of larger themes including loyalty ,historical inevitability, free will, and love. There's also some humor at times, esp in the first few episodes.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

I've been slowbanned too. Fascist tit!

It only takes effect when I post or hit the preview button, though.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

KiwiInOz wrote:
:clap:
I second that clap!!!!!
And I add a dance: :dance:
And some drums! : :rimshot:

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

TiBo wrote:
Clarence wrote:I think he's probably right, as the head-scratching from Christian bloggers about this movie would seem to show.
He made a damn good case. And I like the idea. Pass.
Well, my mom is a Christian. But from this and from what the CHRISTIAN bloggers have been saying, I think I'll pass on taking her to see this one. She'd probably be scratching her head too!

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Glen_Davidson wrote:*SNIP*
As you point out, Chris Clarke totally misrepresented your words, either deliberately or by stupidity:

http://i.imgur.com/bkQHHVk.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZzqxY2P.png

What an ignorant/lying cunt he was. "Perversely" and "pervert" obviously share roots, but it's a wonderful little SJW trick to link them in this way.

Chris Clarke: just because you're a moron, don't mean we are.
Actually, Glen did call her a "pervert" in a different comment that you missed. But yeah, Clarke is a fucken douche, refusing to steppe in and calle out Caine for being a dishonest cunte, but tone-trolling Glene for tossing mild insults on a "rude" blogge. Fucken Chrisse motherfucken Clarke.

Also, more of those medieval Physioproffe things, please!

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:'Good moaning' MM

http://i.imgur.com/esQjt2M.jpg
He/she/it has got more socks than a laundromat!

James Caruthers

Hey, y'know guys, I just realized that actually, most of you lot on here are misogynists and rape apologists. It's just disgusting how you apologize for rape. I've been thinking it over, and having some honest heart-to-hearts with the pharyngulites, and they seem like really good people, y'know? Genuine human beings, not like you skepshits. People around here have been rape threatening PZ for a while now, and he's an upstanding man. He doesn't deserve that. He's, well, I dare say he's somewhat of a skeptical icon, and he's been so influential on my own skeptical journey to skeptical enlightenment.

Anyway, I hope you guys will realize that C*nt was right all along, and you're all a bunch of sad losers sitting in your mum's basements, hating women because you're virgins who can't get laid. It's revolting how you cis white people labeled poor Ogvorbis a rapist. You know as well as I that he was a VICTIM, you disgusting worms. He couldn't have been a rapist. And Caine, Caine is very well-adjusted. Lots of people keep rats, you're just jealous because your mom and dad didn't love you enough when you were growing up. You remind me a lot of Stormfront, actually.

I just wanted to let you know I've decided to move over to Skepchick. I'm going to offer to edit Rebecca Watson's writing for free. I realize her prose isn't as strong as some misogynist oppressors, but she has a lot of important things to say about how the cisgender heteronormative patriarchy victimizes middle and upper-class white women like herself. I think it's important for her to get her message out there, and if people choose to support her with their money, that's good too. We need more women like Rebecca in leadership positions. Filthy rapists like Ben Radford try to rape their way to the top, but truth warriors like Surly Amy, Rebecca Watson and Carrie Poppy really do deserve all of our support.

In fact, I'd like some of you to donate. It would help show me that you're above petty tribalism. Just a few dollars to let me know that you don't hate all women, which I have to say, I've come to suspect must be true for most of you. Especially those who don't like feminism. Pfuh! Not liking feminism, just weird. Okay okay, I've been accused of not liking that before... In the past. But you know, feminism, it just means, like, dictionary and stuff. You know, women are people, give women equal rights. Not liking feminism, it's kind of like not liking the Allies during World War 2. You MRAs really need some perspective.

Oh, and People of Color. I forgot to mention, being at A+ has really opened my eyes on the whole ableism issue, and People of Color. At first, I thought it was racist to call black or brown people "people of color" because the word is the same in meaning and almost the same in sound as "colored person." Which is completely unacceptable and racist. But after a few hours having a heart-to-heart with Grimalkin, Lovely and Inaji, I've realized the importance of People of Color. Even if they have 1/110th Cherokee blood, it's vital to recognize the unique contributions People of Color contribute to our white cishet supremacist nation. We have to encourage POC contributions, even if that means giving them taxpayer's money for free, or instituting quotas? Did I say quota? Well, quotas, as most people know, are bad. But what I mean, is "racial fairness equality harmony love quota," which is a new kind of system developed for social justice. Under this new system, women and POC should be considered "underprivileged applicants" for all jobs, and their application should be treated as especially valuable and precious.

As you know, white cishet male scum often submit job applications with superior skills to POC and female applicants. Nobody supports job discrimination, especially not me. Which is why I believe Racial Fairness Equality Harmony Love Quota "application balancing" will make hiring more fair. Only by making these changes mandatory can we achieve equality of outcome for all, but especially for underprivileged groups like colored pe-I mean, People of Color and Womyn.

This is the end of my little flou-I mean, letter, so I'll just sign off by saying you all need to go out and live life, meet some REAL feminists, stop hating all women, stop hating all minorities, stop physically, sexually and emotionally abusing Freethought Blogs, Skepchick and Atheism Plus, and stop strawmanning feminists by quoting things that feminists I don't choose to agree with at that moment have said in the past.

Also, Die Cis Scum

Black Power!

April Fools. ;)

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

James Caruthers wrote:Hey, y'know guys, I just realized that actually, most of you lot on here are misogynists and rape apologists. It's just disgusting how you apologize for rape. I've been thinking it over, and having some honest heart-to-hearts with the pharyngulites, and they seem like really good people, y'know? Genuine human beings, not like you skepshits. People around here have been rape threatening PZ for a while now, and he's an upstanding man. He doesn't deserve that. He's, well, I dare say he's somewhat of a skeptical icon, and he's been so influential on my own skeptical journey to skeptical enlightenment.

Anyway, I hope you guys will realize that C*nt was right all along, and you're all a bunch of sad losers sitting in your mum's basements, hating women because you're virgins who can't get laid. It's revolting how you cis white people labeled poor Ogvorbis a rapist. You know as well as I that he was a VICTIM, you disgusting worms. He couldn't have been a rapist. And Caine, Caine is very well-adjusted. Lots of people keep rats, you're just jealous because your mom and dad didn't love you enough when you were growing up. You remind me a lot of Stormfront, actually.

I just wanted to let you know I've decided to move over to Skepchick. I'm going to offer to edit Rebecca Watson's writing for free. I realize her prose isn't as strong as some misogynist oppressors, but she has a lot of important things to say about how the cisgender heteronormative patriarchy victimizes middle and upper-class white women like herself. I think it's important for her to get her message out there, and if people choose to support her with their money, that's good too. We need more women like Rebecca in leadership positions. Filthy rapists like Ben Radford try to rape their way to the top, but truth warriors like Surly Amy, Rebecca Watson and Carrie Poppy really do deserve all of our support.

In fact, I'd like some of you to donate. It would help show me that you're above petty tribalism. Just a few dollars to let me know that you don't hate all women, which I have to say, I've come to suspect must be true for most of you. Especially those who don't like feminism. Pfuh! Not liking feminism, just weird. Okay okay, I've been accused of not liking that before... In the past. But you know, feminism, it just means, like, dictionary and stuff. You know, women are people, give women equal rights. Not liking feminism, it's kind of like not liking the Allies during World War 2. You MRAs really need some perspective.

Oh, and People of Color. I forgot to mention, being at A+ has really opened my eyes on the whole ableism issue, and People of Color. At first, I thought it was racist to call black or brown people "people of color" because the word is the same in meaning and almost the same in sound as "colored person." Which is completely unacceptable and racist. But after a few hours having a heart-to-heart with Grimalkin, Lovely and Inaji, I've realized the importance of People of Color. Even if they have 1/110th Cherokee blood, it's vital to recognize the unique contributions People of Color contribute to our white cishet supremacist nation. We have to encourage POC contributions, even if that means giving them taxpayer's money for free, or instituting quotas? Did I say quota? Well, quotas, as most people know, are bad. But what I mean, is "racial fairness equality harmony love quota," which is a new kind of system developed for social justice. Under this new system, women and POC should be considered "underprivileged applicants" for all jobs, and their application should be treated as especially valuable and precious.

As you know, white cishet male scum often submit job applications with superior skills to POC and female applicants. Nobody supports job discrimination, especially not me. Which is why I believe Racial Fairness Equality Harmony Love Quota "application balancing" will make hiring more fair. Only by making these changes mandatory can we achieve equality of outcome for all, but especially for underprivileged groups like colored pe-I mean, People of Color and Womyn.

This is the end of my little flou-I mean, letter, so I'll just sign off by saying you all need to go out and live life, meet some REAL feminists, stop hating all women, stop hating all minorities, stop physically, sexually and emotionally abusing Freethought Blogs, Skepchick and Atheism Plus, and stop strawmanning feminists by quoting things that feminists I don't choose to agree with at that moment have said in the past.

Also, Die Cis Scum

Black Power!

April Fools. ;)
Pretending you don't believe your screed just won't work, James!. I've been ON TO YOU from the beginning! :evil:

James Caruthers

One of these days, I'll reveal that I've been Oolon all along!

Actually, I'm Elyse MoFo Anders, no joke. My jobless husband is currently banging me in the arse as we contemplate moving to a new cardboard box. I still have enough money to drink start drinking wine at nine in the morning, however.

James Caruthers

One of these days, I'll reveal that I've been Oolon all along!

Actually, I'm Elyse MoFo Anders, no joke. My jobless husband is currently banging me in the arse as we contemplate moving to a new cardboard box. I still have enough money to start drinking wine at nine in the morning, however.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh god, sometimes the naive righteous pain of a normal skeptic who wanders onto Skepchick is refreshingly pure.

http://skepchick.org/2014/03/ellen-dege ... nd-medium/

http://i.imgur.com/JrgWog8.jpg

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Clarence wrote:You gals and guys heard about that film "Noah"?
Lots of reviewers (esp Christian ones) are scratching their heads. It doesn't seem to follow the (admittedly sparse) Biblical narrative, neither God nor Noah seems particularly righteous (at points Noah threatens to kill baby girls), there's some sort of rock-creatures/angels, etc, etc.
Well, it turns out (if this guy is right; I know next to nothing about Jewish mysticism) that it might be one of the biggest 'in-jokes' ever:

Basically, he's saying that Aronofsky based his "Noah" entirely on a few extra -Biblical sources: the book of Enoch (used to be part of the Canon up to the 2nd Century) and the Kabbalah. And he's laughing all the way to the bank.

I think he's probably right, as the head-scratching from Christian bloggers about this movie would seem to show.
Interesting. Might go and see it now.

Gnosticism is the Trotsky of Christianity. Because it was suppressed by mainstream Christianity, idiots who don't like mainstream Christianity think it must have been doing Christianity right. But it's frankly demented. All that crap about the "material world" (actual existence) being a corrupt prison for the spirit, which is pure and good, leads to "kill 'em all, God will know his own", because if you kill someone, all you're doing is releasing them from their prison. And it's an even bigger demand for you to feel guilty for existing than Augustinian original sin.

That spirit=good, flesh=bad thing survived Gnosticism and snuck into mainstream Christianity anyway. And I'd go so far as to say it's an unconscious thread in identity politics. What else is all this genderfluid, biological sex doesn't exist nonsense about but denying the body and creating an identity based entirely in the mind? Or the feminist doctrine that if you admire someone for their body, you're treating them as an object - that only works if the body is not part of the self but a thing the self is attached to.

This "the material world is evil" focus is the only way I can explain how identitards, living in the least oppressive societies that have ever existed, constantly complain about oppression. In SJW Gnosticism, the White Male is the demiurge who created this evil world, and must be opposed.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Ha. I see Hjornbeck is still promoting his very special theory that there is no such thing as gender.
Hj Hornbeck

31 March 2014 at 11:26 pm (UTC -5)

[OT, but it's one of my beats]

ChasCPeterson @47:
I’ve looked at your link, and note:

The literature on sex differences in cognitive abilities is filled with inconsistent findings, contradictory theories, and emotional claims that are unsupported by the research. Yet despite all the noise in the data, clear and consistent messages could be heard. There are real and in some cases sizable sex differences with respect to some cognitive abilities. Socialization practices are undoubtedly important, but there is also good evidence that biological sex differences play a role in establishing and maintaining cognitive sex differences, a conclusion I wasn’t prepared to make when I began reviewing the relevant literature.

Like Pinker, I’ve also looked at the literature, yet I come to the opposite conclusion; what few cognitive sex differences exist are within a range that can be explained by social factors, and the very notion of “sex” is problematic if taken as a “real” thing.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-776063
He included a link to this in his post: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ranscript/

I guess he should be forgiven since testostrone has clearly poisoned his grey matter very severely, leaving him crippled and maimed. It's as if he never had all those lengthy arguments trying to show him very basic realities about sex differences. True believers are spooky creatures.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

zenbabe wrote:Ha. I see Hjornbeck is still promoting his very "special" theory that there is no such thing as gender.
Hj Hornbeck

ChasCPeterson @47:

The literature on sex differences in cognitive abilities is filled with inconsistent findings, contradictory theories, and emotional claims that are unsupported by the research. Yet despite all the noise in the data, clear and consistent messages could be heard. There are real and in some cases sizable sex differences with respect to some cognitive abilities. Socialization practices are undoubtedly important, but there is also good evidence that biological sex differences play a role in establishing and maintaining cognitive sex differences, a conclusion I wasn’t prepared to make when I began reviewing the relevant literature.

Like Pinker, I’ve also looked at the literature, yet I come to the opposite conclusion; what few cognitive sex differences exist are within a range that can be explained by social factors, and the very notion of “sex” is problematic if taken as a “real” thing.
He included a link to this in his post: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ranscript/

I guess he should be forgiven since testostrone has clearly poisoned his grey matter very severely, leaving him crippled and maimed. It's as if he never had all those lengthy arguments trying to show him very basic realities about sex differences. True believers are spooky creatures.
Fixed that for you.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

zenbabe wrote:Ha. I see Hjornbeck is still promoting his very special theory that there is no such thing as gender.
Hj Hornbeck

ChasCPeterson @47:

At this point, I think the skeptical community has to recognize that FtB, A+ & Skepchick style feminism leads people to stop thinking critically and in fact encourages the opposite.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

paddybrown wrote:
Clarence wrote:You gals and guys heard about that film "Noah"?

Interesting. Might go and see it now.

Gnosticism is the Trotsky of Christianity. Because it was suppressed by mainstream Christianity, idiots who don't like mainstream Christianity think it must have been doing Christianity right. But it's frankly demented. All that crap about the "material world" (actual existence) being a corrupt prison for the spirit, which is pure and good, leads to "kill 'em all, God will know his own", because if you kill someone, all you're doing is releasing them from their prison. And it's an even bigger demand for you to feel guilty for existing than Augustinian original sin.

That spirit=good, flesh=bad thing survived Gnosticism and snuck into mainstream Christianity anyway. And I'd go so far as to say it's an unconscious thread in identity politics. What else is all this genderfluid, biological sex doesn't exist nonsense about but denying the body and creating an identity based entirely in the mind? Or the feminist doctrine that if you admire someone for their body, you're treating them as an object - that only works if the body is not part of the self but a thing the self is attached to.

This "the material world is evil" focus is the only way I can explain how identitards, living in the least oppressive societies that have ever existed, constantly complain about oppression. In SJW Gnosticism, the White Male is the demiurge who created this evil world, and must be opposed.
Well, far be it for me to dissaude you from spending your money however you wish, though I do think he had contempt for his audience in mind when he made this film. Figured most of them would be too stupid to 'get it', and I don't like to think such duplicity and egotism should be rewarded. But a man's entertainment dollars are precious to me so spend yours how you wish with my blessings, whether it be on bars and broads or shitty movies. In my case , the ONLY reason I'd watch this movie would be because of a Christian friend or relative, and now that I know what I know even that reason won't stop me from not seeing it. I'd rather not insult them nor bore myself in the process.

Anyway, your spirit/flesh duality points are well-taken, though a bit simplistic when applied to 'objectification' theory. In the process of critiquing it (really, one cannot avoid SOME objectification - it is how humans think) at places like Feminist Critics I discovered the original concept was a bit more nuanced than the very simplified SJW feminist version we are all familiar with that has the effect of critiquing male sexuality. Some even differentiate between 'good' objectification and 'bad' objectification. My main problems with the simplified version that we run into when this topic comes up (inevitably the political part of this IS an attack on male sexuality) are that it asks people to conduct their thoughts in ways that I think are impossible, that even if possible such things might be psychically harmful (male feminists who hate their own 'gaze' are examples of this damage) and that the standards of objectification are (SURPRISE!) not fairly or consistently applied.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

James Caruthers wrote:One of these days, I'll reveal that I've been Oolon all along!

Actually, I'm Elyse MoFo Anders, no joke. My jobless husband is currently banging me in the arse as we contemplate moving to a new cardboard box. I still have enough money to start drinking wine at nine in the morning, however.
Elyse:
I was just joshing about you 'believing' your screed. I wasn't really angry.
But now that you've told us all who you REALLY are, and what is happening to you, I'm TRAUMATIZED!!!!

:o :shock:

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

More playfulness from the Midnight Marauder, caught before PZ wakes and they poof:
justice

1 April 2014 at 1:53 am (UTC -5)

Former JREF Outreach Coordinator and current mangina Brian Thompson

“In fact, a good percentage of the top ten worst humans I’ve ever met are prominent members of the skeptics’ club. “

Has he ever met PZ Myers? Oops, Peēzus isn’t a member of that club any more.

Which brings me to another point. If PZ doesn’t want to be a member of the skeptic movement, why the fuck can’t he keep his ugly mug out of it?
A MM twofer:
justice

1 April 2014 at 1:57 am (UTC -5)

@ 63 Suido: I don’t post at the slymepit. What I said isn’t projection anyway, their forum is going strong.
justice

1 April 2014 at 2:01 am (UTC -5)

@ 65 unclefrogy: A question, why do you always add your nym add the bottom of your comments. Fuck, that is pretentious.
Your username is already at the top of the comment. Do you think you are some sort of revered thinker who graces the forum with his awesome presence, hence the need for your autograph?
Anthony rushes to defend PZ:
Anthony K

1 April 2014 at 2:07 am (UTC -5)

Which brings me to another point. If PZ doesn’t want to be a member of the skeptic movement, why the fuck can’t he keep his ugly mug out of it?

What does it matter? it’s not like you were doing anything worthwhile with it. Last I checked, the entire ‘skeptics’ movement was no match for Jenny McCarthy, Peter Popoff’s still raking it in from the rubes, and Sylvia Browne died very rich, and very untouched by The Amazing Randi and his super duper effective ‘million dollar’ irrelevancy. Has anyone outside of the skeptical frotteurs’ jerking circle even heard of Ben Radford?

Admit it: if the entire ‘skeptics’ movement disappeared tomorrow, what would change other than the fact that you dumb fucks wouldn’t have a clubhouse to speak of?

Seriously, dude: consider getting a life. The skeptics’ movement is dying. Impotent. Useless.

The Playboy Playmate took you on and fucking broke you.
The only unfortunate part is that it’s kids who got hurt, not the self-styled ‘skeptics’.
justice

1 April 2014 at 2:15 am (UTC -5)

@ 68 Jafafa Hots

4 Provide some humor in an essentially humor free zone.

5 Expose the hypocrisy and mind numbing stupidity of Peèzus and his acolytes.

I’ve tried rational discussion with your lot. My rationality being countered with vile name calling, insults, strawmen and other fuckwittery (eh Nerd) doesn’t really encourage further attempts at rational discussion.
Stacy is offended at the charge that humor is severely lacking Over There and has protips, and omg it's Franc!:
Stacy

1 April 2014 at 2:26 am (UTC -5)

4 Provide some humor in an essentially humor free zone.

Humor, eh? Right.

(Protip: calling your attempts at funny “humor” holds the same danger as choosing a flattering nym. Like the rest of us, most of the time you’re not going to be the best judge of how well you’ve succeeded at being either smart or funny.)

5 Expose the hypocrisy and mind numbing stupidity of Peèzus and his acolytes.

I’ve tried rational discussion with your lot. My rationality being countered with vile name calling, insults…

:D OK, I am laughing now!

You’re hilarious when you’re not trying.

Meta: Is this Ivanoff? He seems to be active lately. Perhaps the cognitive dissonance is wearing thin and self-loathing is leaking through the defenses.

"Justice" said he'd tried being rational with them. Tony the Queer said he was skeptical of this claim (it's such a receptive place? heh), to which Justice replied:
justice

1 April 2014 at 2:34 am (UTC -5)

Tony! The Fucking Queer Shoop!
1 April 2014 at 2:27 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment

I’m skeptical of this claim.

LOL, shutup or I’ll make you shake with rage…. again.
:lol:

Oh and a zinger flung toward Anthony K has just appeared:
justice

1 April 2014 at 2:45 am (UTC -5)

Anthony K
1 April 2014 at 2:20 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment

Any personal success in your life?

Yes, my success is in not posting a selfie of myself fucking a cat. LOL

Actually was that a shop or was that your original pic? Anyway, that is my success, how bout you, Cupcake?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

zenbabe wrote:Ha. I see Hjornbeck is still promoting his very special theory that there is no such thing as gender.
Hj Hornbeck

ChasCPeterson @47:
Pinker?? wrote:The literature on sex differences in cognitive abilities is filled with inconsistent findings, contradictory theories, and emotional claims that are unsupported by the research. Yet despite all the noise in the data, clear and consistent messages could be heard. There are real and in some cases sizable sex differences with respect to some cognitive abilities. Socialization practices are undoubtedly important, but there is also good evidence that biological sex differences play a role in establishing and maintaining cognitive sex differences, a conclusion I wasn’t prepared to make when I began reviewing the relevant literature.

Hornbeck the Lysenkoist, desperate to mash his dogma, the stepsister’s foot, into the glass slipper that rightly belongs to the Cinderella of Science – so to speak. :-)

But something must have “poisoned his grey matter” as the machinery isn’t clacking along all that efficiently. His whole position seems tantamount to denying that genes have any influence whatsoever on behaviour. I really would like to see him try to argue, for example, that homosexuality is only a matter of choice, a position that seems to put him in the company of many religious fundamentalists. Strange bedfellows and all that.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

zenbabe wrote:More playfulness from the Midnight Marauder, caught before PZ wakes and they poof:

Oh and a zinger flung toward Anthony K has just appeared:
justice

1 April 2014 at 2:45 am (UTC -5)

Anthony K
1 April 2014 at 2:20 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment

Any personal success in your life?

Yes, my success is in not posting a selfie of myself fucking a cat. LOL

Actually was that a shop or was that your original pic? Anyway, that is my success, how bout you, Cupcake?
Alright. I am in love now and laughing my ass off.

I almost feel like the Midnight Marauder deserves his or her own fan club to document their shenanigans. It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

James Caruthers

I know the midnight marauder is a slymepitter. Some day, I will find out who it is. Then, I will post it to my twitter, along with a no makeup nude selfie and a few drunken ramblings about my frivolous spending habits and general uselessness.
Ms Elyse MoFo Andery ‏@dELYSEious 5h

I'm having an abortion and my fetus is smoking a joint and doesn't own a gun: a Rick Perry Slashfic memoir by Elyse Mofo Anders
Collapse
Ms Elyse MoFo Andery ‏@dELYSEious 6h

I wrote. Like a good girl. Now I get wine. Like a bad girl... because you know how when you think "bad girl" you think "cabernet".
Expand
Ms Elyse MoFo Andery ‏@dELYSEious 8h

I need to write... OR do I need to change my clothes? Or take a bunch of pictures of dreses? Or eat pickles? Or tweet about procrastinating?
Expand
Don't you wish your girlfriend was useless like me?

James Caruthers

Clarence wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:One of these days, I'll reveal that I've been Oolon all along!

Elyse:
I was just joshing about you 'believing' your screed. I wasn't really angry.
But now that you've told us all who you REALLY are, and what is happening to you, I'm TRAUMATIZED!!!!

:o :shock:
This is why I need feminism. This is raep culture.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Help help I can't stop.
justice

1 April 2014 at 3:55 am (UTC -5)

Cerberus is working overtime at the outrage factory
1 April 2014 at 3:47 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment
Also, isn’t “cupcake” the favorite dismissive against women term used by tax fraud and domestic-abuse-supporter Paul Elam?

I don’t know about Paul Elam, but “cupcake” is a favoured insult used by Inaji (Caine), one of your own. That’s where I got it from.
justice

1 April 2014 at 4:04 am (UTC -5)

Carrie Poppy
1 April 2014 at 3:55 am (UTC -5)
The old boss in question also told me that he watched Bicycle Shorts grab a female speaker’s breast without permission. He repeated this story many times.

Hey Carrie, I bet you’re jealous of how much Karen Stollznow has gleaned from her e-begging. It puts your efforts to scam e-beg the public for funds to make a crappy movie to shame. Oh well, live n learn.
:lol:
Oh man that was delicious!
Like you, Soylentatheist, I'm swooning :D

Barael

Post by Barael »

I thought Hornbeck's Special Theory is that not only is there no gender, but no sex either? Or is that his General Theory?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Surly Amy reprinted the post from Brian Thompson (Boy friend to Carrie Poppy and former employee of the JREF as well)

What is interesting is comment after the post:

Amy Davis Roth
If you are supporting TAM at this point, you really need to ask yourself why.
Maybe she should ask Karen Stollznow, as she is going to TAM 2014 and will be speaking.
Meanwhile, Amy is still going to things run by CFI...the group that did not prosecute Ben Radford to the SJWers satisfaction.

https://www.facebook.com/surlyamy/posts ... ream_ref=1 (public FB post. If you cannot see it, you are likely blocked)
http://www.clipular.com/c/5791830146809 ... lEZn__ht84

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

PZ is dipping his chubby little toe back into the waters of baiting Shermer. This time he's being vewy careful by posting, what?, second or third hand references to him, but he's definitely "starting up again."

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

PZ has awoken, and no sign remains of the MM, only what can be gleaned from what was quoted in replies.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/93144/Ship_Fog.jpg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

zenbabe wrote:PZ has awoken, and no sign remains of the MM, only what can be gleaned from what was quoted in replies.
Very soon a new directive will be released: anyone's comment that quotes him will be deleted. That's the usual progression on totalitarian blogs like his.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Barael wrote:I thought Hornbeck's Special Theory is that not only is there no gender, but no sex either? Or is that his General Theory?
I think his point was that because sex splits up into 49.95% 46XY male and 49.95% XXfemale, the fact that there are 0.1% who cannot be categorized as either chromosomally or phenotypically male or female (intersex individuals or Kilenfelters,Turners, 46XYY males, or those with inactivations of the SRY gene pathway) - means that it is pointless to talk about sex being divided into two categories, male and female.

Of course this is really just an argument from pedantry. We often categorize people or things for utilitarian reasons, for example we know from the standard male/female categorization that half of the population will have the ability to have periods at a particular stage in their life, get pregnant, give birth to babies, or have abortions and not give birth to babies or take hormonal contraceptices or use IUD devices to prevent pregnancy in the first place. We also know that the other half will not have these experiences - which makes is useful to know for managing healthcare, designing public conveniences, school and hospital facilities etc.
We know that the number of people in the population who may require cervical smear tests or mammographies will not exceed 50%, just as we know that the number requiring prostate exams will not exceed 50% - even if every member of the population who are requires testing.

While Hornbeck's argument is little more than semantic quibbling, he didn't just pull it out of his arse. This type of gender/sex theory has been propounded by some big name PoMo feminist academics (for example Judith Butler's writings on sex are clearly in line with Hornbecks thinking and I presume her writings are the ultimate source for Hornbeck's pontifications.)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Hunt wrote:PZ is dipping his chubby little toe back into the waters of baiting Shermer. This time he's being vewy careful by posting, what?, second or third hand references to him, but he's definitely "starting up again."

He needs the hits, apparently.

As for the Noah film, I have it on good authority that it is not historical, therefore I cannot see it. There are absolutely 0 T-Rexs on the ark. There should be at least one pair. I...just...can't..... :violin:

James Caruthers

So an update to the anime discussion:

I thought Sword Art Online looked and sounded really stupid, but I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did. It looks like it'll end up being top class. Some seriously nice, quality animation, and (surprisingly) high stakes and likeable characters. It's sort of like Battle Royale or The Matrix, mixed with that online MMO shit all the kids are into nowadays.

And hey, most action anime devolved into a fucking video game script anyways, so at least they can do it proper from the first episode and then take that concept to more interesting places.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

HoneyWagon wrote:Surly Amy reprinted the post from Brian Thompson (Boy friend to Carrie Poppy and former employee of the JREF as well)

Amy Davis Roth
Maybe she should ask Karen Stollznow, as she is going to TAM 2014 and will be speaking.
Meanwhile, Amy is still going to things run by CFI...the group that did not prosecute Ben Radford to the SJWers satisfaction.

https://www.facebook.com/surlyamy/posts ... ream_ref=1 (public FB post. If you cannot see it, you are likely blocked)

Good old Surly Amy, she never misses an opportunity to highlight what a hypocritical idiot she is.
She bravely disparages Dawkins in the comments - all the while selling her crappy ceramics in the RDF online shop.

http://i.imgur.com/jGkD7Ps.jpg

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

I recommend Parsehole's feed for a laugh - looks like he's got his creationist hat on today.
https://twitter.com/SpongyPissFlap/stat ... 6198150144

Apples

Post by Apples »

From that excellent Washpost piece about her experience in the Marines:
Sage Santangelo wrote:Dual standards highlight and foster differences in a way that undercuts the goal of integrated military units. Women aren’t encouraged to establish the same mental toughness as men — rather, they’re told that they can’t compete. Men, meanwhile, are encouraged to perceive women as weak.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

Such an important point, and I think it applies to the perverse effect of "affirmative action" in general and helps illuminate why SJWism/identity politics are so divisive and destructive -- even to the SJWs themselves.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:So beccy calls all of reddit fedora wearing neckbeard misogynists, though they have to be fair and balanced when criticizing her?
I am saying that they come off as mean spiteful idiots to anyone unaware of Becky's prior antics.
Well I didn't read all the comments as there are thousands, yes some redditors called her names but when questioned on their comment they seemed happy to go into more detail. They mentioned the attack on Dawkins (crime against humanity on reddit) the 'cunt' and worse than rape threads videos, whilst providing links. They said why she is toxic to the A/S communities again giving links to videos and blogs. They also pointed to Thunderf00ts videos plus others debunking her. Beccy had a few very persistent defenders (probably white males) who posted loads of comments saying she had been taken out of context and how bad Dawkins and Thunderf00t when. When asked to provided evidenced ended up waffling and saying the wear just terrible people and those commentators that aren't feminist support rape.

So basically they did what the Slymepit has been doing for three years and yet you tar them all with spiteful idiots brush. Nice guilt by association you have going there. The odd thing is a lot of redditors were just commenting on the video contents and relating them to their own or family experiences. If she wasn't such a toxic personality then she might have made a career out of making videos about skepticism with a younger more easily pleased audience.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Fuck the edit button: wear/were.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Heather Dalgleish - Out of curiosity - have you stopped making Surlyramics for RDF?

Amy Davis Roth - Heather, they have not ordered from me in a while. I won't lie, I really appreciated the business though because it helped me pay for the anxiety medication I had to purchase to deal with all the harassment I suffered over the years from Dawkins fanboys who have harassed me for being a popular Skepchick writer.
Fucking lol. The story never changes. All you have to do is vary the name of the skeptwit and the medication.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Apples wrote:
Heather Dalgleish - Out of curiosity - have you stopped making Surlyramics for RDF?

Amy Davis Roth - Heather, they have not ordered from me in a while. I won't lie, I really appreciated the business though because it helped me pay for the anxiety medication I had to purchase to deal with all the harassment I suffered over the years from Dawkins fanboys who have harassed me for being a popular Skepchick writer.
Fucking lol. The story never changes. All you have to do is vary the name of the skeptwit and the medication.
Christ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worst. Excuse. Ever.

:D

Are you sure that's not an April Fool joke?
(What am I saying, it's Surly Amy!)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Surly Amy reprinted the post from Brian Thompson (Boy friend to Carrie Poppy and former employee of the JREF as well)

Amy Davis Roth

Good old Surly Amy, she never misses an opportunity to highlight what a hypocritical idiot she is.
She bravely disparages Dawkins in the comments - all the while selling her crappy ceramics in the RDF online shop.

http://i.imgur.com/jGkD7Ps.jpg
She's asked about that in the comments, and of course jumps in a hole, covers her hears and screams "I'm a victim! Don't you know i'm a victim! It makes perfect sense for me to tell others they should have nothing to do with orgs like that, yet make money from an org like that, cause, victim. Also they haven't ordered from me in a while." Note she doesn't say she would refuse to sell through their shop, it all makes perfect sense when you're a victim.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Fucking kungfu

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Come on Amy, take a stand, i know the thought of a stand actually costing you anything bluescreens your brain, but by your own words they aren't ordering from you anyway. Perhaps it's because those who use the RDF shop don't want to buy your trinkets, so the cost factor to you may be minimal compared to the martyr return you will receive from the group of idiots who do buy your junk.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Hj Hornbeck

ChasCPeterson @47:

This nobody just dismissed Pinker! The arrogance is amazing.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

BarnOwl wrote:Bwahahahaha, CERN! :clap:

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2 ... comic-sans
haha!
Their intentional humor was just lovely, thanks for the heads up, BarnOwl
I loved the ".. highest priority on the 5-point scale that particle physicists use to assign certainty to the choice of fonts" part the best. Maybe.

On the other end of the spectrum, Amy's accidental humor of needing to sell to RDF to afford the medication required to manage the anxiety caused by RDF ... :lol:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »