Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
James Caruthers

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by James Caruthers »

http://colorlines.com/assets_c/2011/10/ ... o-4363.png
http://globalvoicesonline.org/wp-conten ... atamen.jpg
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... e-yard.jpg
Let's hope for a year as chock-full of hilarious SJL failure as the last year was. Now largely relegated to their tiny corner of the internet (Skepchick, FTB, tumblr) and an ever-decreasing atheist community talk circuit, they post incessantly to an increasingly-small response from an audience who thinks exactly like they do. Mainstream atheists are pretty damn sick of these people at this point. As we parade into the new year, let's give thanks to FSM for the lulz we've already enjoyed, and look forward to the many lulz ahead.

another lurker

Re: Mykeru, what a cunt, eh? Discuss.

Post by another lurker »

@James

If those guys in the second picture are protesting the rapes in India then I would not say that they are retarded SJL's....India, at least, has a real problem with rape.

James Caruthers

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... -activism/
Zvanattee gets into a fight with her commentariat when she argues that anti-theist "activism" (the fuck is that, a fancy name for picking fights with dumb christians?) is also, in her words, "social justice activism." This gets the commentariat all pissed off because hey, oppressed minorities are sometimes religious! Then the feels got in the feels and their feels got all angry and stuff. They have to make sure they hammer home the point that atheists can be just as evil and oppressive as those religious people with dark skin.

Meanwhile, on PZ Myers blog, he argues that the new Pope being better than the last one doesn't mean anything, because a lesser evil is still evil even if the lesser evil is less evil than the more evil evil. Everyone agrees.

No cookies for you, Pope, you're still too white and male. But Achmed, the janitor who hates America? Hey now, don't be islamophobic! Atheists can be just as bad as fundies!
Great American Satan

December 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm (UTC -6)

I tend to be in favor of the “many approaches” idea – that there’s room for Chris Mooneys and PZs in the public face of atheism. We should have punk rockers yelling “Fuck God” while someone else is holding hands with theists and working to keep government secular for the protection of all. I’m more on the punk side myself.

But people being anti-theist are actively antagonizing some under-privileged groups (even as they are most often punching up), like some religious immigrants in the USA. That’s fine for provoking thought, winning the minds of theists that are receptive to that kind of activism. But it’s also helping to marginalize some underprivileged people, which makes it an extremely odd duck for in the social justice tent.

To an extent I’m conflating religious people with religions, which is a big no-no in these parts for good reason. But in the context of the real world, people often feel that closely associated with their ideologies. If someone says they’re “anti-progressive,” I’m going to see them as an avowed enemy of me personally, even if they say they’re “fighting against the influence of progressivism in the world, and not against progressives as human beings.”

An absurd example I know, but I’m not exactly a trained master of rhetoric.

Again, fighting against theism becomes necessary in all the situations you mentioned, but I feel like that’s better suited to a tactic within many social justice movements rather than a label for a movement itself. And there are social justice contexts in which one would be doing nothing but harm by ragging on people’s stupid religions.

If I want to protect moslems, I’m not going to say, “OK, I protect you, but only if you acknowledge that Islam is a load of shit.” I won’t apologize for my atheism or progressive positions if they come up, but I don’t want to fuck with people who already have a hard situation. Not in a social justice context.

But outside of that context, blasphemy is my highest sacrament. Kill all gods. Woo-ha.
In other words, hit the soft targets, like Christianity. Avoid the ones who would put you to death for your unbelief if you were living in their country.

James Caruthers

another lurker wrote:@James

If those guys in the second picture are protesting the rapes in India then I would not say that they are retarded SJL's....India, at least, has a real problem with rape.
Yeah, unfortunately images for slutwalk seem to include some from other countries that actually have problems.

http://blatantblithe.files.wordpress.co ... walk-6.jpg
Please accept this as a replacement, since my edit button is broken.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mykeru wrote:Oh, I came across the Holy Grail of props.

[youtube]4DUULvPJTgk[/youtube]

I want a real one.
"Head-shot; reload; head-shot.
Head-shot; reload; head-shot."

First person to ID that quote wins a prize.

Really?

Post by Really? »

India has a problem with arranged marriage. I love how the SJL are all up in arms about what goes on in the US and UK, but dismiss what happens in other countries as no biggie.

Women in some Middle Eastern countries can't even DRIVE, for fuck's sake. Women in India are compelled to marry men they never meet.

But keep bitching about Princess Toadstool not getting her due, ladies.

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

Dammit...we've gone from rectal hemorrhaging to a super naughty word. You just hate the idea of people reading the Pit at work, don't you Lsuoma?

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

Oh, and Matt, is that quote from Time Crisis? I remember that game from my misspent 40s.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Liesmith wrote:Dammit...we've gone from rectal hemorrhaging to a super naughty word. You just hate the idea of people reading the Pit at work, don't you Lsuoma?

If your work doesn't involve teh raep then wtf are you doing here?!?!

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

another lurker wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Dammit...we've gone from rectal hemorrhaging to a super naughty word. You just hate the idea of people reading the Pit at work, don't you Lsuoma?

If your work doesn't involve teh raep then wtf are you doing here?!?!
I am a rappist. My name is Roger the Rappist. I write, choreograph, and sell rap routines.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, the edit is retroactive, so as soon as we get over 75 replies we flop over to page 2, and the moreSFW version. Keep on pasting.

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

Lsuoma wrote:Oh, the edit is retroactive, so as soon as we get over 75 replies we flop over to page 2, and the moreSFW version. Keep on pasting.
Whew, I was afraid that if I had the [furtiveglance]c-word[/furtiveglance] on my screen, I would get in trouble. I like to read the Slymepit on the projector in the conference room.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Liesmith wrote:Whew, I was afraid that if I had the [furtiveglance]c-word[/furtiveglance] on my screen, I would get in trouble. I like to read the Slymepit on the projector in the conference room.
Yes, projectors in conference rooms sound like good devices to read the "HR FRIENDLY"-Slymepit on!

:rimshot: :D :clap: :roll: :lol:

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Lsuoma wrote:Oh, the edit is retroactive, so as soon as we get over 75 replies we flop over to page 2, and the moreSFW version. Keep on pasting.
Right, as if ANI1 hear believes that. What do you think we R? stoopit?

anyway, you fascist tit, I hope you have the suckiest new year EVER! Do you know how much EXTRA WORK it took me to get over here to this shiny new turdthread?

Why, I had to perform FOUR WHOLE EXTRA MOUSECLICKS!

Jerk.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Ties in nicely with the recent articles on white women in feminism and their obliviousness to their high status. Could anybody else get away with such blatant co-opting of others struggles? Too bad she appears to have a toxic personality, she's kinda cute.

But before we move onto 2014's SJL craziness: this topic also reminded me of that human toilet @sashapixlee when he tried to score some cookies with the "WOC" sjws. I found a few related tweets that really need a mention:
Ok, not too bad. Just one of those baseless assertions which require redefinitions of words. Not so bad right?
Alright....thats a bit more judgemental, but surely it wont get worse than this?
Wait...what? Surely that's just worded badly. They surely can't being saying that you can't rape a white woman?
.....oh. :bjarte:

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

Clarence wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Whew, I was afraid that if I had the [furtiveglance]c-word[/furtiveglance] on my screen, I would get in trouble. I like to read the Slymepit on the projector in the conference room.
Yes, projectors in conference rooms sound like good devices to read the "HR FRIENDLY"-Slymepit on!

:rimshot: :D :clap: :roll: :lol:
:bjarte:

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

I can't even be sure if the last one is real or not. It's a poe (meaning I cant be sure either way), but it's re-tweeted by definitely legit accounts? How could you not be embarrassed with yourself sharing that as a serious statement?

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

It's such an argumentum ad absurdum that I'm guessing it's being said to show how ludicrous the redefinition of racism and sexism is...but it's equally possible that it's just an absurd argument.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

She seems to be genuine. :think:

I wonder if it is simply an extension of their thought processes. The traditional reasoning that males cannot be raped by females is rationalised with much the same argument. Therefore when you have one of these sjws who dislike white women specifically, they extend the same argument to white women.

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

With that logic, I guess there's only one person who can actually be victimized in any way:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110722.gif

Note that this comic is for entertainment purposes only. In reality, the person "worst-off" person would have to be a transtransfemalemale genderfluid homosexual mixed-raced double-atheist with PTSD from xir frustrating lack of mental disabilities. The guy in the final panel would still be oppressing xim.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

James Caruthers wrote:[.img]http://colorlines.com/assets_c/2011/10/ ... o-4363.png[/img]
http://globalvoicesonline.org/wp-conten ... atamen.jpg
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... e-yard.jpg
Let's hope for a year as chock-full of hilarious SJL failure as the last year was. Now largely relegated to their tiny corner of the internet (Skepchick, FTB, tumblr) and an ever-decreasing atheist community talk circuit, they post incessantly to an increasingly-small response from an audience who thinks exactly like they do. Mainstream atheists are pretty damn sick of these people at this point. As we parade into the new year, let's give thanks to FSM for the lulz we've already enjoyed, and look forward to the many lulz ahead.
For some reason the above photo reminded me of Dr. Khurshid Anwar. He was the Executive Director at a NGO, the Institute for Social Democracy among other things besides being a Feminist and Marxist. He also organized more than one protest in the aftermath of the infamous and savage bus rape in Delhi that made international news.

Well, he is dead now. Apparently he was accused of rape and as a result committed suicide NGO director jumps to death after rape allegations after being tried in the media and subsequently charged by the police. Now there is a Campaign to seek ‘justice for Khurshid Anwar’
Calling Dr. Anwar as one of the leading women’s rights activists of the country, his former colleague Shruti Chaturvedi said that it was unthinkable that such allegations were being brought against him.
All I have to say is if you sleep with dogs, do not be surprised if you wake up with fleas.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Sunder wrote:
All you need are clear unambiguous rules against shit you do not want. Want your forum to be worksafe ? Users may not post NSFW images or link to NSFW content. I do not really care whether a forum chooses very liberal or extremely draconian rules as long as everyone knows going in what the rules are what they clearly cover and that they will be applied universally and fairly
Which in a perfect world they would of course. But we do not live in a perfect world. So even with the best of intentions there will come a time when you will have to bend the rules. I believe in absolute free speech myself but I had to bend them myself when a publication on how to groom children was made available to the general public. But it was not until I was glad it was subsequently removed that I realised what I had done. So I reconsidered and let it be. Even for me who never stops banging on about freedom of speech it was an important lesson. Now I still believe in it of course and if I allow books favourable to paedophiles to go on sale then there is not much beyond that that will test my absolute belief. But it was tested and in hindsight I made the wrong decision. But it was an important learning curve for me so all good in the end

The problem with forums is that the rules are going to be interpreted differently by different mods. The other problem is those who
are favoured or established will probably not be regarded the same as those who are not and that is obviously wrong and can lead to decisions by emotion rather than logic. That also applies to blogs except that there there is only one mod and that is whose ever blog
it is. There is of course a greater tendency to consistency but the same problem of favouritism as with moderators on forums

So in light of all that the best would be that all forums and blogs strive as much as is possible to be as objective and impartial when
it comes to applying the rules. But do not be so naïve as to assume that absolute neutrality can be achieved because it cannot. But
that should not be a reason to not try to be

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Happy New Year you bunch of degenerates.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Happy New Year

:flags-waveusa:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Here's to one year gone & another just beginning.

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

I already don't like this year.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ne-in-six/

Maybe when 2014 starts producing more comment sections like 2013 did, I'll be ready to let it into my heart like a tub of onion rings. They're all special snowflakes.

EDIT: Also, what's up with the Pit at the moment? The site keeps going down, for both me and websitedown.info. Is it a squad of Republic slicers? You may feel free to judge me for that reference...I have no excuses.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

In addition to my previous post, this "white women can't be raped" meme seems to be real.

Its unbelievable - you have MRAs that get blasted as rape apologists and condoning rape, without evidence or a quote. Yet here in plain sight you have SJWs saying that all men cannot be raped, and white women cannot be raped.

On some level it is satisfying to see feminists getting blasted with the kind of vile dismissive attitude towards horrible experiences that they have towards men, but is always important to separate the circumstances of someones birth from someones chosen political ideology. The idea that any man cannot be raped, and white women cannot be raped is abhorrent. You'd think that wouldnt be necessary to clarify, but yet the internet surprises me again.

Oh, and where are the 100 blogposts about this?
1.jpg
(119.62 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
2.jpg
(145.55 KiB) Downloaded 488 times

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

More attachments.
3.jpg
(151.88 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
4.jpg
(146.55 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
This is one of the few posts I can see relevant to this:

Dear white feminist shitlords. You are among the most privilege group on the planet, if not the most. It doesn’t matter if you’re a feminist (in fact most white and jewish feminist just want to benefit themselves and their race with feminism and cause the destruction of PoC cultures and societies, and you can NEVER experience or know of the experience of People of Colour), accept and CHECK your FUCKING privilege.

You like to ignore it and whenever the topic gets brought up, you divert it with blame solely being on the white men only, but your privilege exceeds white men and goes unchecked in your circle jerks of acting like you care about PoC’s or WoC’s when in reality just want to be a black sheep with a victim complex.

Because your race institutionally controls everything and benefits from the struggles of PoC and WoC, you can not be the victim of the institution of rape (which your race has created), rape is a power institution, rape can only occur when an oppressed individual (Women of Colour inclusively) is sexually violated by a individual of power (White men), because of your institutional privilege in society and throughout history, you have immense power influence and privilege; YOU CAN NEVER BE RAPE BECAUSE OF THIS. You can be sexually violated, but not raped. Get it right if you want to be true allies in ending white supremacy and white privilege.

I’m sick and tired of spoiled white bitches who cry about it when you can never be a victim of it, your privilege in the past has gotten a lot of Men of Colour LYNCHED because of your constant lies and false accusations which occur daily. Even today thousands of innocent men of colour are falsely convicted and prosecuted. Because of your privilege you have maintained a position in society which with the point of your finger has gotten men of colour lynched and executed. Check it and educate yourselves.

/rant over

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Happy new thread year to my fellow denizens of the dark slimy deep. Let's dedicate 2014 to stepping up the evil and misogyny and stuff.

The Ani DiFranco story is hilarious.
Kareem wrote: The story took a funny turn. A defender basically told those upset to "get over it" and support it anyway. When that didn't go over so well, she created a fake black supporter to spam the same message.

http://www.forharriet.com/2013/12/dear- ... annot.html
DAYUM, dat shit is wack. Even Jar Jar Binks would be insulted by dat priceless bit of cultural appropriation, bro.

And FTB has noticed. Mrs Ra posted a piece on "white feminist gatekeeping". The first comment: "That person is in all likelihood a dude."

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Lsuoma wrote:See if you can spot what I did there.
1875MYKREADfingersunburst.jpg
(187.18 KiB) Downloaded 512 times

James Caruthers

Always hilarious to see the "equality movement" known as feminism claiming that white women and men cannot be raped, because all rapes involve this magical combination of patriarchal power and marginalized weakness which no "oppressor class" person can experience.

It's like a fucking religious doctrine at this point.

To be fair, I think a lot of feminists are as disgusted by these people as non-feminists are. A shame they do such a poor job combating their bad behavior, seeing as feminism has only become more extreme over the years.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

AndrewV69 wrote:
For some reason the above photo reminded me of Dr. Khurshid Anwar. He was the Executive Director at a NGO, the Institute for Social Democracy among other things besides being a Feminist and Marxist. He also organized more than one protest in the aftermath of the infamous and savage bus rape in Delhi that made international news.

Well, he is dead now. Apparently he was accused of rape and as a result committed suicide NGO director jumps to death after rape allegations after being tried in the media and subsequently charged by the police. Now there is a Campaign to seek ‘justice for Khurshid Anwar’
Calling Dr. Anwar as one of the leading women’s rights activists of the country, his former colleague Shruti Chaturvedi said that it was unthinkable that such allegations were being brought against him.
All I have to say is if you sleep with dogs, do not be surprised if you wake up with fleas.
I like the very predictable trope:

1. Girl gets drunk

2. Because girl was drunk, so she thinks, someone must have dosed her with a rape-y drug.

3. Blackout = Rape

Nothing is more terrifying for a man with anything to lose than some drunk emotional adolescent woman who has previously decided that an obsession with all-things-rape is going to roll around in her head like a penny in the dryer.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Skep tickle wrote:Here's to one year gone & another just beginning.
Doesn't that happen every day? In fact, doesn't it happen every hour? In fact,...

I'm with the "bah humbug to new year" brigade.

Anway, happy 5774. Or is that 2556? Or 5122? Or maybe 1435?

Bah.

Humbug.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

surreptitious57 wrote:
The problem with forums is that the rules are going to be interpreted differently by different mods. The other problem is those who
are favoured or established will probably not be regarded the same as those who are not and that is obviously wrong and can lead to decisions by emotion rather than logic. That also applies to blogs except that there there is only one mod and that is whose ever blog
it is. There is of course a greater tendency to consistency but the same problem of favouritism as with moderators on forums
A couple pages of my old run-in write-up with The Straight Dope has been preserved on The Snark Science Society

List of notable flame-outs: http://cloudhelmut.4t.com/snarkarchive.html see "Rev Mykeru
Out on a rail" being back when I was still a $30 ordained minister in the Church of the SubGenius.

Two pages from my epic diatribe:

http://cloudhelmut.4t.com/rawlinks/rev7.html

http://cloudhelmut.4t.com/rawlinks/rev9.html

I bet the whole thing is on Wayback.

James Caruthers

[youtube]7c0a2oy5SoA[/youtube]
Oh tumblr. Never disappointing. Tumblr reminds me of the good old days of the TV Tropes forum, which inspired YouTube user CrazyGoggs to compile long public readings of absolutely batshit insane posts. You had people on TV Tropes who would admit to real-life incest and crazy pedo shit.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

What??? No wonder I never got promotions. I have often used that word at work, such as "I cnut do my job until that other department finishes their work", and "Cnut you take your noise somewhere else? We're trying to work here, thanks", and "I cnut wait any longer - excuse me, I must go to the washroom", and of course, "why cnut you do that simple task, you stupid cunt?" Oh wait, I get it now. :lol:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote:[youtube]7c0a2oy5SoA[/youtube]
Oh tumblr. Never disappointing. Tumblr reminds me of the good old days of the TV Tropes forum, which inspired YouTube user CrazyGoggs to compile long public readings of absolutely batshit insane posts. You had people on TV Tropes who would admit to real-life incest and crazy pedo shit.

He came up on my recommended list a few weeks ago. I like this guy, but I tend to not finish videos over 5-minutes in length.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

I've decided to own my cuntiness.
MykCunt_ani01.gif
(50.61 KiB) Downloaded 498 times

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

You misspelled cnut.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

chantymykunt.jpg
(38.13 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

mcmykunt.jpg
(46.99 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

DownThunder wrote:In addition to my previous post, this "white women can't be raped" meme seems to be real.

Its unbelievable - you have MRAs that get blasted as rape apologists and condoning rape, without evidence or a quote. Yet here in plain sight you have SJWs saying that all men cannot be raped, and white women cannot be raped.

On some level it is satisfying to see feminists getting blasted with the kind of vile dismissive attitude towards horrible experiences that they have towards men, but is always important to separate the circumstances of someones birth from someones chosen political ideology. The idea that any man cannot be raped, and white women cannot be raped is abhorrent. You'd think that wouldnt be necessary to clarify, but yet the internet surprises me again.

Oh, and where are the 100 blogposts about this?
1.jpg
@poebekwon? @poebekwon?

Nah, couldn't be. Although she does look familiar.

Ruh-roh!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

pzmykunt.jpg
(103.75 KiB) Downloaded 496 times

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

mikelf wrote:
@poebekwon? @poebekwon?

Nah, couldn't be. Although she does look familiar.

Ruh-roh!
Wow, you're trying to say that all Asian women look the same? That is the most racist and sexist thing I have read this year.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Yep. India is an example of a rape culture. Although using such an ill defined term, especially to the whole country as complex as India, reduces the terms utility beyond pointing out there are issues that need to be addressed. I have often found that SJL's bend over backwards to appear sophisticated, such as A+'s insistence that they do 'Social Justice 103' and people need to 'educate themselves' as it is sooooo complex. But as soon as you look into it you find it so basic and vague as to be useless except as a general idea badly applied.

There are SJL's out there who really grasp the concepts and apply them properly within the correct framework while understanding the limitations. Unfortunately that does not apply to most of them who have no real interest in social advancement but use the same terms to obtain personal advantage over others.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

One of the advantages of being old [ I am forty nine ] is that you no longer are surprised by what others say no matter how unbelievably nonsensical it is. And the above comments of Phoebe Kwon shall take some beating in that particular department for as long as I live. I suppose I should make allowances for the fact that she actually believes what she says so cannot see how wrong it is. She is exactly the person I would invite to dinner because those whose mindset is so different to yours can make for the most interesting guests. I try very hard to be as open minded as possible but do it too much and your brains will fall out so some discretion has to inevitably be exercised
I do not hate Phoebe for what she has said - I hate no one - and neither do I deny her a platform to say what she wants - free speech for everyone or for no one - but she will not convince me for as long as long can be that her comments are valid in any way whatsoever. But I will nevertheless allow her the time to articulate her point of view - everyone in my house gets treated fairly in that respect and no one gets turned away no matter how unacceptable that view is and on that I bow to no one. The other dinner guests incidentally would be Adolf Hitler and Ophelia Benson and Christopher Hitchens and Peter Hitchens and Susan Greenberg and David Icke

But back to the issue in question : I would be particularly interested in what Jennifer Creight has to say on all this. Because not that long ago she got angry over a particular incident pertaining to how an individual of one race dealt with another individual from different race For she believed that it was not acceptable for the former to tell the latter how to behave when they have been denied a right of reply and that any reaction on their part was by contrast completely acceptable. What would be her reaction in this case I wonder ? For she cannot agree with Phoebe because that would mean denying the fact that white women [ like herself ] can be raped. But she cannot disagree either [ or at least not with any anger ] because then that would be a complete about turn from the position that she adopted above with the incident in question. Now it is all very well saying that black women must be free to express them selves however they wish but what if they say something like what Phoebe did ? Would Jennifer still do that given the actual thing she said ? An interesting conundrum. As I have already said I turn no one away. It matters not what you have to say. Because one is always welcome in my house But not everyone is as accommodating as I and Jennifer may be one of those. Now I am not trying to catch her
out but am genuinely interested in what she would say

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Happy New Year everyone!

Tigzy (for that new year's list) and Ape+Lust (for the latest 'shop) you are living GODS.

Renee, and Paddy, I just sent you PMs.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Satan wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:If wealth were redistributed across the country, I'd have much less than I do now. I could survive, and possibly be quite happy, but I'd be much less comfy.
If all wealth in America was redistributed evenly among every adult, you (along with everyone else) would have around $240,000 in assets.

If all income in America was distributed evenly among every adult, you (along with everyone else) would have a gross income of around $65,000.

It's a testament to the effectiveness of modern propaganda that the Americans who would, by being under both of these levels, benefit most from redistribution cling to ideologies that reject redistribution outright.
Please tell me you understand why implementing redistribution in that model, would be a very, very, bad idea.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Mykeru wrote: A couple pages of my old run-in write-up with The Straight Dope has been preserved on The Snark Science Society

List of notable flame-outs: http://cloudhelmut.4t.com/snarkarchive.html see "Rev Mykeru
Out on a rail" being back when I was still a $30 ordained minister in the Church of the SubGenius.

Is it?
That was fun to read, evidence that you've been quite the infuriatingly logical and compelling cunt for over a decade, at least.

Btw, a couple words you wrote stood out as kind of amusing, strangely fine-tuned, in the warmly glowing light of the Slymepit:
Reverend Mykeru wrote:So in short order you are flamed, pitted, accused of being a sock puppet, chased around the board by a merry lynch mob, investigated and generally rendered completely unimpressed by this exemplary message board.

<snip>

"I've been slimed. I feel so funky. "
Of course the visual in my head is of too many clowns pouring out of an impossibly small car, chasing you all around the circus tent, trying to pelt you with easily ignored, barely noticed, green paint filled bullets firing from their paintball guns, as you roll your ceaselessly staring skull eyes.

(you probably meant "spitted", but still)

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

I could almost lol at Phoebe Kwon's idiocy. East Asians are amongst the most privileged demographics in North America. She must've been bullied a lot by white girls growing up to be this racist.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

To which I would say, "Who hasn't?"

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Not to diminish the plight of people who had been severely abused as children by their peers -- her behaviour is trivializing their suffering.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

If I had an edit button, I would merge all these posts, but I don't, so I'm forced to pull a Mykeru.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Here's to one year gone & another just beginning.
Doesn't that happen every day? In fact, doesn't it happen every hour? In fact,...

I'm with the "bah humbug to new year" brigade.

Anway, happy 5774. Or is that 2556? Or 5122? Or maybe 1435?

Bah.

Humbug.
Yeah, I originally had a similar comment about how it's just a meaningless cultural construct but then I decided not to harsh others' buzz. :mrgreen:

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

paddybrown wrote:Happy new thread year to my fellow denizens of the dark slimy deep. Let's dedicate 2014 to stepping up the evil and misogyny and stuff.

The Ani DiFranco story is hilarious.
Kareem wrote: The story took a funny turn. A defender basically told those upset to "get over it" and support it anyway. When that didn't go over so well, she created a fake black supporter to spam the same message.

http://www.forharriet.com/2013/12/dear- ... annot.html
DAYUM, dat shit is wack. Even Jar Jar Binks would be insulted by dat priceless bit of cultural appropriation, bro.

And FTB has noticed. Mrs Ra posted a piece on "white feminist gatekeeping". The first comment: "That person is in all likelihood a dude."
Interesting: at the top, lilandra criticizes Ani DiFranco for "using slavery as a metaphor for fascist, capitalist, patriarchal oppression by imperialists," but further down, lilandra herself refers to the plantation as "a symbol of oppressive capitalism such that 46 human beings were used as capital to build it."

So using slavery as a metaphor for capitalism is indicative of "internalized racist ideas" and "blind spots," but identifying a plantation first and foremost as a symbol of capitalism is A-OK and doesn't at all minimize slavery by reducing it to just another manifestation of "oppressive capitalism"? Got it.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Happy New Year, Pitfuckers.

Here's to a glorious 2014 of watching FTB disembowel itself, all in front of the world so we can sit back and laugh at those shitstains.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Greg Laden shows up at the 11:25 mark-
[youtube]wVz_ej7wS98[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

zenbabe wrote:
Mykeru wrote: A couple pages of my old run-in write-up with The Straight Dope has been preserved on The Snark Science Society

Is it?
That was fun to read, evidence that you've been quite the infuriatingly logical and compelling cunt for over a decade, at least.
I have it on my Seagate drive. In case the National Archives calls.

I did a furtive little dig on the Wayback machine. But I had to stop. I find it enormously difficult to read my old stuff, and read the fits and starts I had trying to get it all back together after my divorce. But I see where Melody Hensley can claim she "knew what I look like" being I briefly used an actual photo circa 2008, but at some point I just had to be honest with myself, that me isn't nearly as much fun as Mykeru. This is amusing, it shows my animousity towards Marcotte goes back at least that long: https://web.archive.org/web/20080828152 ... ykeru.com/

Ugh. Can you imagine the amount of time Laden and perhaps Hensley spend culling through those archives? It's creeepy, I tell you.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:If I had an edit button, I would merge all these posts, but I don't, so I'm forced to pull a Mykeru.
Hey.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Compo ... log900.jpg

When it's dead around here I haz a sad.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mykeru wrote:
When it's dead around here I haz a sad.
Worry not, nigger. I am arrived