Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:People are not enjoying themselves. The patriarchy has deluded them into thinking that these songs are great fun and a good laugh. How can you not see that these people have been brainwashed into being misogynistic, rape enablers. You should be ashamed of your words for it is people like you who encourage these rape enablers. YOU ARE WORSE THAN RAPISTS!!!
The Bear and the Maiden Fair is a rape manual.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

I fucking swear, if I ever hear someone use the word 'douche' in real life, I will split them like a ripe fig.
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Is there an option to pay you not to travel? Like, I want to buy you food and all. Or booze and drugs. Or mental health counseling (no shame there). Or Perhaps a math tutor (yes, you should feel shame here).
When Walter appears here, I always feel like I'm sat in a bar and some guy dressed in short-shorts and a shirt made out of plastic beads has just walked in and started taking a dump in the corner of the room, while shouting "fuck you" over his shoulder at 'someone', and occasionally attempting to chew through his own elbow joint.
And it makes you wet doesn't? Doesn't it?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I must say, HJ Hornbeck is really a humorist I'm beginning to appreciate. On the Chis Rodda leaving post by PZM, he speculates:
HJ Hornbeck wrote:As a longtime lurker around here, I too can vouch that Tabby Lavalamp’s been around for years.

I’m wondering if some of this can be explained by military training. Killin’ isn’t something that comes naturally to human beings, and one of the ways around that is to encourage groupiness. The world is split into FRIEND and ENEMY, and the former is clearly identified as the group who would give everything to you if they could, as a group that are unquestionably loyal to one another.

As a side effect, though, that enforces conformity and an intolerance for “traitors.” If you show signs of questioning your fellows, expect a swift and harsh reaction that signals you’ve strayed from the path. It could explain why Rodda can shrug off harsh criticism, hate mail, and death threats from her “opposition,” yet is sensitive to mild criticism from Myers and other “comrades.”

Whatever the case, it’s a shame to see her go, she and the MRFF do good work. Ah well, bookmarks will be updated.
:roll:

No, he's not writing about his SJW gang, and it doesn't capture at all with what Chris Rodda herself writes. And again, the bunch has an utter lack of introspection, i.e. how their “disagreement” typically comes across — Chris Rodda probably also felt she wasn't member of the true elitist ingroup club that is anyway reserved for true Social Justice Warriorism anyway. “Just secularists”, dictionary atheists and the aren't anyway not eligible. HJ Hornbeck's first sentence also, ironically, attests their groupthink by reassuring that this other poster who apparently wrote something problematic belongs to their gang and perhaps shouldn't be dogpiled just yet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Reap wrote: The early feminist/suffragette movement was closely aligned to the religious temperance movement. In the US prohibition - the result of the 18th amendment to the US constitution - came into effect at almost the same time as women's right to vote was granted (the result of the 19th amendment) - both occurring in 1920.
Indeed, it was a quid pro quo.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mykeru wrote:One other thing Prohibition accomplished was destroying the all-male saloon culture.
Our taste in beer was also ruined. After two decades of soft drinks, when the breweries reopened with their old recipes, everyone went 'blagh!' Which is why to this day, most popular American beer is watered-down piss swill.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Aneris wrote:I must say, HJ Hornbeck is really a humorist I'm beginning to appreciate. On the Chis Rodda leaving post by PZM, he speculates:
HJ Hornbeck wrote:As a longtime lurker around here, I too can vouch that Tabby Lavalamp’s been around for years.

I’m wondering if some of this can be explained by military training. Killin’ isn’t something that comes naturally to human beings, and one of the ways around that is to encourage groupiness.
<chop>
Hmmmmm.

OK my assumption is that killing is the most natural thing in the world for humans. Perhaps I am wrong? It seems to me we spend a good chunk of our time training human youngsters not to kill other humans.

(when the military gets hold of them they have to break them down and then reform them back into killers ... is that what happens?)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HJ Hornbeck wrote:Killin’ isn’t something that comes naturally to human beings
The boy is a candidate for assisted living.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

real horrorshow wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Has anyone given consideration to the possibility that it's because life in Britain is really boring?
Compared to the kaleidoscope of intellectual stimulation experienced by the average American on a daily basis you mean?
http://i.imgur.com/nEu3ZT6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l0smfell.jpg?1
But us Americans get to enjoy the thrill of cruising down the open highway!
l.a._traffic_jam.jpg
(170.32 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mykeru wrote:One other thing Prohibition accomplished was destroying the all-male saloon culture.
Our taste in beer was also ruined. After two decades of soft drinks, when the breweries reopened with their old recipes, everyone went 'blagh!' Which is why to this day, most popular American beer is watered-down piss swill.
So true. Mmm, I love drinking carbonated yellow corn piss. Delicious.

James Caruthers

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Hjornbeck's Western Society privilege is showing. :naughty:

So sexual dimorphism doesn't exist and killing doesn't come naturally to the human animal, which is omnivorous and eats meat.

Brilliant.

welch

Post by welch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/J7WZufh.png
:D :) :) :D

http://i.imgur.com/wp8HM1v.png
:lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :) :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a complete fucking dumbass.

The design of the site is the least of their problems. Stop fucking with the design and care more about content

welch

Post by welch »

real horrorshow wrote:
I fucking swear, if I ever hear someone use the word 'douche' in real life, I will split them like a ripe fig.
Man, that's one of my favorite words. Especially douchecrumpet.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Followed a link from twitter to here: https://elevatorgate.wordpress.com/2014 ... saying-it/

& from there to here: http://www.bustle.com/articles/22954-ed ... in-a-lgbtq

That 2nd link is an article titled:
EDDIE REDMAYNE CAST AS TRANSGENDER — DO WE NEED ANOTHER STRAIGHT, CISGENDER DUDE IN A LGBTQ ROLE?
The article ends with this:
...there are millions of people in the LGBTQ community, talking about how they want to see people like them who actually understand their experience on screen. And maybe, one day, Hollywood will listen.
The Editor's Note addended to the article points out how hard it is to present these stories as if the reporter "actually understands":
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this piece inaccurately referred to Redmayne’s role as a “gay” role, instead of a “transgender” role. The previous version also said that this was problematic because Redmayne is straight, when the problem lies in the fact that he is cisgender. It also misgendered Erinar Wegener by referring to her as a man. Bustle regrets these errors.
Oops! :oops:

Among the several pictures & links at the bottom of the page to different stories on the same site, is one titled: "TRANS COMMUNITY DESERVES BETTER JOURNALISM". Oh, the irony.

welch

Post by welch »

Aneris wrote:I must say, HJ Hornbeck is really a humorist I'm beginning to appreciate. On the Chis Rodda leaving post by PZM, he speculates:

I’m wondering if some of this can be explained by military training. Killin’ isn’t something that comes naturally to human beings, and one of the ways around that is to encourage groupiness. The world is split into FRIEND and ENEMY, and the former is clearly identified as the group who would give everything to you if they could, as a group that are unquestionably loyal to one another.

As a side effect, though, that enforces conformity and an intolerance for “traitors.” If you show signs of questioning your fellows, expect a swift and harsh reaction that signals you’ve strayed from the path. It could explain why Rodda can shrug off harsh criticism, hate mail, and death threats from her “opposition,” yet is sensitive to mild criticism from Myers and other “comrades.”

Whatever the case, it’s a shame to see her go, she and the MRFF do good work. Ah well, bookmarks will be updated.

No, he's not writing about his SJW gang, and it doesn't capture at all with what Chris Rodda herself writes. And again, the bunch has an utter lack of introspection, i.e. how their “disagreement” typically comes across — Chris Rodda probably also felt she wasn't member of the true elitist ingroup club that is anyway reserved for true Social Justice Warriorism anyway. “Just secularists”, dictionary atheists and the aren't anyway not eligible. HJ Hornbeck's first sentence also, ironically, attests their groupthink by reassuring that this other poster who apparently wrote something problematic belongs to their gang and perhaps shouldn't be dogpiled just yet.
Wait, wait, wait...

"killing" doesn't come naturally to human beings?

and now PZ is saying criticism is okay?????

http://www.superamiches.com/wp-content/ ... at-wat.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

<hankhill>that boy's not right</hankhill>

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I just hope Chris Rodda doesn't pull a Chris Clarke-clearly state that you're leaving because of the behavior of the horde but once gone, state that you left because of the slymepit.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Really? wrote:Here's the first comment on the thread:
Alverant
2 May 2014 at 10:20 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment
I liked the Sunday Funnies posts until she stopped them. I’m not sure why though. I read that post about Weinstein being called an Atheist. I’m not sure if I’d call it a defamation, but in light of how Atheists are perceived in this country and the intent Fox News had in calling him an Atheist then I would say it was meant to be a defamation.

I wasn’t a regular reader or commentor on her blog so I’m not sure what exactly drove her away. But I will say that maybe we as a group here on FTB shouldn’t be so harsh in our criticisms of each other and be nicer to each other even if we disagree.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's the third comment on the post, only eight minutes later:

http://i.imgur.com/J7WZufh.png

An FTB commenter implores FTB allies to treat other atheists with more respect, and PZ shits in his or her face. Awesome.
Yeah, it has seemed pretty clear for a while that he sits there & waits for the first comments to some of his posts, to correct Faulty Beliefs expressed by his Followers.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

rayshul wrote:Dawkins posted this. Relevant: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-riz ... 15218.html
Thank you for that.

Seems all backwards to me. I think Islamophobia is a real thing but not something those speaking out against Islam are guilty of but rather those who are terrified of offending them (mostly because they fear brutal retaliation). I think those who speak out are not frightened of Islam but rather contemptuous of it's primitive racist and sexist ideology.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

real horrorshow wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Is there an option to pay you not to travel? Like, I want to buy you food and all. Or booze and drugs. Or mental health counseling (no shame there). Or Perhaps a math tutor (yes, you should feel shame here).
When Walter appears here, I always feel like I'm sat in a bar and some guy dressed in short-shorts and a shirt made out of plastic beads has just walked in and started taking a dump in the corner of the room, while shouting "fuck you" over his shoulder at 'someone', and occasionally attempting to chew through his own elbow joint.
Yes. Yes it does.

cunt

Post by cunt »

welch wrote:
cunt wrote:I think you should be asking yourself what, if anything, that reddit forum being predominantly white male and atheist would change about the arguments. I personally think the arguments are not that good, but they'd still be not that good if a black female transvestite audience was making them.

Anyway, this is all just an excuse to post a music vid.
well, they're not talking about their arguments. They're using the results of the poll sans any rational analysis to prove their points.
They're noting that survey results fit with their assumptions. The answer to that is: "So fucking what, imagine I conducted a survey on feminists noting how many were white, ugly and overweight?".

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Meanwhile,

I dunno if this is really a thing or what: Allegedly in India, but which city?

[youtube]974dSHFLoJA[/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote: They're noting that survey results fit with their assumptions. The answer to that is: "So fucking what, imagine I conducted a survey on feminists noting how many were white, ugly and overweight?".
What were your imaginary results?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

And here's PZ shaming trans* people today at Pharyngula:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... sti-clees/
Is it pronounced “Testi-clees”?

Art, Weirdness

All that naked Greek statuary, with all their naughty bits hanging out…someone had to document ancient Greek testicles, and that person was Ingrid Berthon Moine.

Hey! Hey you! My eyes are way up here! I’ll have you know I’m much more than just a pretty ball sack…although the boys are spectacular, if I do say so myself.
The 2nd link cuts to the chase: 9 photos of stone scrota laid out right in front of the viewer.

The 1st link is interesting; the art site may not have been run past the PC police before he posted the link. (Not that any of them will criticize PZ on this.) The page linked presents the scrotal photos but requires lots of scrolling.

Turns out it's another one of those sites that has at the bottom of each page an array of small photos, teaser headlines, & links to other stories on the same site. Following links at the bottom of the scrotum page brings up all of these pages at that same site:

Objectification, anyone?
http://www.lostateminor.com/2011/06/11/ ... -of-japan/
http://www.lostateminor.com/2013/11/26/ ... rbie-doll/
http://www.lostateminor.com/2012/05/01/ ... ic-images/ (note these are only images of female body)

Reinforcement of patriarchy?
http://www.lostateminor.com/2012/07/19/ ... band-1937/
http://www.lostateminor.com/2012/10/11/ ... fe-for-80/

Making light of trans* people?
http://www.lostateminor.com/2014/02/24/ ... an-couple/

Gratuitous display of female body?
http://www.lostateminor.com/2013/10/12/ ... orkiewicz/
http://www.lostateminor.com/2012/10/11/ ... ad-muller/

Fat-shaming?
http://www.lostateminor.com/2014/04/03/ ... sons-skin/

Just weird, about human bodies, therefore potentially problematic:
http://www.lostateminor.com/2013/01/22/ ... e-another/

But all it not lost, there's also this feminist series of photos:
http://www.lostateminor.com/2014/03/27/ ... ries-ever/

Plus this one, which I think is really powerful...but it's sort of a "Dear Muslima":
http://www.lostateminor.com/2014/03/14/ ... -campaign/

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote: They're noting that survey results fit with their assumptions. The answer to that is: "So fucking what, imagine I conducted a survey on feminists noting how many were white, ugly and overweight?".
Ruined by the last question: "Would you ever consider fucking that dimwitted hunchbacked misogynistic shitbag - "autistic" - AndrewV69?"

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Poking around more re that last link, it's from here: http://www.catapult.org/coverstories/

There are 3 faux/"parody" magazine covers there. Not that all exploited people are female. But these are really pointed & well done.

Checking to see whether I'm surprised that I hadn't learned about this site from the SJW faction: http://www.catapult.org/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

cunt wrote:I like it when it writes "never wanna be like you :)" on a cocktail napkin and fucks off in the passive aggressive hope that the friendly people at the next table who invited him over will see it and be owned.
http://i.imgur.com/8sCc0qz.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

speaking of passive-agressive douchecrumpets, here's Chris Clarke and some of his more awesome "criticism" of a webcomic devoted to offending people:
critics1024x768.jpg
Chris Clarke: traveling dumbass
(188.83 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:
welch wrote:
cunt wrote:I think you should be asking yourself what, if anything, that reddit forum being predominantly white male and atheist would change about the arguments. I personally think the arguments are not that good, but they'd still be not that good if a black female transvestite audience was making them.

Anyway, this is all just an excuse to post a music vid.
well, they're not talking about their arguments. They're using the results of the poll sans any rational analysis to prove their points.
They're noting that survey results fit with their assumptions. The answer to that is: "So fucking what, imagine I conducted a survey on feminists noting how many were white, ugly and overweight?".
again, it's the hypocrisy. (I know, I know, for a change?) They get butthurt as fuck over badly-done surveys with results they dislike. But if they like the results? Fuck Methodology and validity, clearly, this is a shining example of statistical perfection.

Post by Guest »

douchecrumpets
Speaking for myself, I look forward to the day whenever people stop using the retarded "douche<insert choice of any food item/non-rigid container/personal or passenger watercraft here>" form of insult.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Skep tickle wrote:
Really? wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's the third comment on the post, only eight minutes later:

http://i.imgur.com/J7WZufh.png

An FTB commenter implores FTB allies to treat other atheists with more respect, and PZ shits in his or her face. Awesome.
Yeah, it has seemed pretty clear for a while that he sits there & waits for the first comments to some of his posts, to correct Faulty Beliefs expressed by his Followers.
... typing one-handed, no doubt.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:When Walter appears here, I always feel like I'm sat in a bar and some guy dressed in short-shorts and a shirt made out of plastic beads has just walked in and started taking a dump in the corner of the room, while shouting "fuck you" over his shoulder at 'someone', and occasionally attempting to chew through his own elbow joint.
Walter's on the Berlin club circuit?

real horrorshow

http://i.imgur.com/P8tPziC.jpg
Comes close to awareness, then.... shits all over s/h/it's self.

James Caruthers

lolwut, "christian or right-wing sock puppets."

LOL

WUT

They do realize that no Christian or right-winger would even know what FTB is, right?

For once, their "Slymepitters are behind everything" conspiracy theory would be more accurate.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Ruined by the last question: "Would you ever consider fucking that dimwitted hunchbacked misogynistic shitbag - "autistic" - AndrewV69?"
I would imagine the answer would include "not without copious amounts of alcohol" but that would be raep.

James Caruthers

Also, I don't know what kind of "lots of disruptive trolling" they're talking about. Outside of the Midnight Marauder on the Thunderdome, when do they get comment trolled? Especially since they almost always have their blags sent to mod approve every single comment, because that's just how much they value people who challenge their existing beliefs.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skep tickle wrote:Poking around more re that last link, it's from here: http://www.catapult.org/coverstories/

There are 3 faux/"parody" magazine covers there. Not that all exploited people are female. But these are really pointed & well done.

Checking to see whether I'm surprised that I hadn't learned about this site from the SJW faction: http://www.catapult.org/
Am I mistaken in that nowadays everyone and anyone can be a curator?

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/1393 ... gender.htm

http://i.imgur.com/xrJIju5.jpg

Poor Hornbeck. No wonder he is confused. He must have a bad sniffer.

real horrorshow

welch wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:I fucking swear, if I ever hear someone use the word 'douche' in real life, I will split them like a ripe fig.
Man, that's one of my favorite words. Especially douchecrumpet.
Like a ripe fig man! Like a ripe fucking fig! I will Unleash The Beast!
real horrorshow wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Yes. Yes it does.
[youtube]TX6r-7VwfC8[/youtube]

James Caruthers

Does Freethought Blogs do shadowbanning? I remember registering an account one time, and now I go back and the account is there, but I don't think it allows me to post. The funny thing is, I made a grand total of one post, didn't disagree with anyone, and now I go back and posts don't go through for me. So I assume I got shadowbanned from Pharyngula.

Because Peezus Christ and his 12 Aprostates love Freeze Peach and open discourse so damn much.

real horrorshow

James Caruthers wrote:Does Freethought Blogs do shadowbanning? I remember registering an account one time, and now I go back and the account is there, but I don't think it allows me to post. The funny thing is, I made a grand total of one post, didn't disagree with anyone, and now I go back and posts don't go through for me. So I assume I got shadowbanned from Pharyngula.

Because Peezus Christ and his 12 Aprostates love Freeze Peach and open discourse so damn much.
Couldn't tell you. I went over there two, nearly three years ago using a link from the Dawkins Foundation site. I got shit-canned after two posts. I can't even remember what it was about now. I've never seen the point of going back with a sock, fuck 'em.

I'm pretty sure I'm banned from Offie's and, probably TiBo's. It's hard to know where you're banned once you're on the list, unless you try to post, and what's the point of that?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[quote="Matt Cavanaugh"

But us Americans get to enjoy the thrill of cruising down the open highway!
l.a._traffic_jam.jpg
[/quote]
[youtube]xm5DPlNCmtk[/youtube]

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

Guest wrote:
douchecrumpets
Speaking for myself, I look forward to the day whenever people stop using the retarded "douche<insert choice of any food item/non-rigid container/personal or passenger watercraft here>" form of insult.
Ok, doucherhombus.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

real horrorshow wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Does Freethought Blogs do shadowbanning? I remember registering an account one time, and now I go back and the account is there, but I don't think it allows me to post. The funny thing is, I made a grand total of one post, didn't disagree with anyone, and now I go back and posts don't go through for me. So I assume I got shadowbanned from Pharyngula.

Couldn't tell you. I went over there two, nearly three years ago using a link from the Dawkins Foundation site. I got shit-canned after two posts. I can't even remember what it was about now. I've never seen the point of going back with a sock, fuck 'em.

I'm pretty sure I'm banned from Offie's and, probably TiBo's. It's hard to know where you're banned once you're on the list, unless you try to post, and what's the point of that?
Uhm what ? Banned from TiBo's ?

(About a handful of FTB'ers do either (A) leave your posts in a neverending "in moderation" status, or (B) let you write a post, submit it, but your posting goes directly into the toilet.)

James Caruthers

real horrorshow wrote:

I'm almost 100% certain that my account was banned on Pharyngula without me having done anything. I think somebody went scouting my account and decided to preemptively ban. I never got one of PZ's haughty "YOU ARE BANNED. I'VE GOT THE TOUCH, I'VE GOT THE POWAAAAAH" messages. Like you said, there's no way to know where you're banned if you are, since I wasn't notified and I can only go off whether or not posts go through. The account seems to be totes okay, which is why I call it shadowbanning. I doubt anyone would have thought what I said was provocative or offensive on its own merits. My comment was even featured on the Pit, with you guys assuming it was a legit FTBlogger. 8-) See, I can fit in the Cool Kids Club, Peezus! :dance:

The only places I'm sure I'm not banned allow anon posting anyway, and what's the point of that? I'm not going to use a registered account when I can post normally.

Anyway, it's no big deal. I used a pitter 'nym in my registration, so I assume he saw that and had a fit and shadowbanned me. It's pretty funny though, because he says things like "we are real skeptics" an "we allow disagreement and criticism in this movement" and then bans a pitter just for registering. 8-)

But what I'm really upset about is the lost opportunity for trolling. :cry:

Now make an angry blog post about me called "I get mail" PZ, you dishonest octopus hentai fetishist, you.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5134525440/hC71A743F/

James Caruthers

I know Zvan and somebody else, maybe Opherliar, have me on an insta-toilet filter. But in their defense, I have actually said things they would disagree with. So, y'know, I'm a rapist who probably beats women.

http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2013-01-23.gif

I just co-directed this movie with Bernard Chapin and Paul Elam. We made sure to rape 1 in 4 of the female cast members and paid them .77 cents for every dollar we paid the men. It's called PATRIARCHY: THE REVENGE OF PATRIARCHY and it's coming this summer to a theaterplex near you.

Unfortunately, that asshole journalist guy at Sinfest got the scoop and leaked the principal photography to the public. We're trying to sue him with a patriarchal SLAPP suit right now, and we know the judge will be behind us 100% of the way because we have dongs.

James Caruthers

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d98d2b27857a ... o1_400.jpg
http://37.media.tumblr.com/94d6f7ec1e8e ... o2_400.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he cry into the cup before or after taking a drink?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

James Caruthers wrote:I know Zvan and somebody else, maybe Opherliar, have me on an insta-toilet filter. But in their defense, I have actually said things they would disagree with. So, y'know, I'm a rapist who probably beats women.

http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2013-01-23.gif

I just co-directed this movie with Bernard Chapin and Paul Elam. We made sure to rape 1 in 4 of the female cast members and paid them .77 cents for every dollar we paid the men. It's called PATRIARCHY: THE REVENGE OF PATRIARCHY and it's coming this summer to a theaterplex near you.

Unfortunately, that asshole journalist guy at Sinfest got the scoop and leaked the principal photography to the public. We're trying to sue him with a patriarchal SLAPP suit right now, and we know the judge will be behind us 100% of the way because we have dongs.
Personally I find sinfest kind of useful; if I ever meet someone who claims to like it, then I immediately know that I can't trust them. Because sinfest is about as funny as necrotizing fasciitis. If you find either of those things funny, you probably need professional help.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Old_ones wrote:Personally I find sinfest kind of useful; if I ever meet someone who claims to like it, then I immediately know that I can't trust them. Because sinfest is about as funny as necrotizing fasciitis. If you find either of those things funny, you probably need professional help.
I used to enjoy it. I stopped reading on a regular basis well before he went off on the rails on the feminist tirade. It was not that he did not have bit sof feminism here or there before. But all of the characters were a bit more balanced.

I have glanced at it here or there since then. I have to say, he does tend to poke fun of feminism too here or there.
http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2014-05-01.gif
You simply can't write about a subject and not start to poke fun of it's faults.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Old_ones wrote:Personally I find sinfest kind of useful; if I ever meet someone who claims to like it, then I immediately know that I can't trust them. Because sinfest is about as funny as necrotizing fasciitis. If you find either of those things funny, you probably need professional help.
I used to enjoy it. I stopped reading on a regular basis well before he went off on the rails on the feminist tirade. It was not that he did not have bit sof feminism here or there before. But all of the characters were a bit more balanced.

I have glanced at it here or there since then. I have to say, he does tend to poke fun of feminism too here or there.
http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2014-05-01.gif
You simply can't write about a subject and not start to poke fun of it's faults.
I'm not sure that's making fun of feminism. It's saying that

+ real life is the dudebropocalypse
+ women cannot win in real life, even when they do everything right

This is an I need feminism comic.

I need feminism because in real life women face the dudebros and cannot win even when they do everything right.

James Caruthers

Dude, that's not a joke.

Tats really isn't joking.

That is really what he believes.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'd like Ishida to explain gow heterosexuality, and sexual tastes in general, is part of the "patriarchy", or a bad thing for that matter. Do I have to go against my sexual attraction in order to satisfy those with different tastes?

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'd like Ishida to explain gow heterosexuality, and sexual tastes in general, is part of the "patriarchy", or a bad thing for that matter. Do I have to go against my sexual attraction in order to satisfy those with different tastes?
I have been informed that my lack of attraction & willingness to fuck transsexuals makes me a hateful bigot. Honestly, it is those types of statements that throws the individuals who say that up on the creepy level of 99/100 scale.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'd like Ishida to explain how heterosexuality, and sexual tastes in general, is part of the "patriarchy", or a bad thing for that matter. Do I have to go against my sexual attraction in order to satisfy those with different tastes?
Yes, unless you're gay, or genderfluid, or otherkin, or ... ... ... ... pardon me. My brain had a temporary meltdown.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Ok, I needed to get some good feedback, and make a few adjustments, but I think we are nearly there. I watched the PZ Myers is a Douchebag clip from 3.11, with Smoke on the Water playing in the background. My attire was casual, I wore aviator style sun glasses, not mirrored, but with a graduated sepia shading. You can see me eyes if you tried to look in.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3k43m5NF7Ng/U ... titled.bmp

I picked up the phrase "a self deluded fool who has no knowledge" from this very interesting source at

(I just listened again and I missed where, if others need this I will go back and dig it out).

I failed my exams at Bristol University in 1984, but was then offered a re-sit in September of that year. Over the summer I read Sartre's Being in Nothingness (great read if you are a lover of false dichotomies). Myers problem in a nutshell is that he has no understanding or appreciation of symbolism. He is a classical solipsist, as opposed to a romantic solipsist. One believes they created the entire universe whole and perfect, the other creates there own personal hell on Earth, fixed in their belief that time only travels in one direction, instead of emanating from the source, and permeating back in the opposite direction.

We've all been to Hell and Back, haven't we fellow SlymePitters?

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

I'm a speciesfluid otherkin. I identify as an immortal omnipotent deity.

James Caruthers

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'd like Ishida to explain gow heterosexuality, and sexual tastes in general, is part of the "patriarchy", or a bad thing for that matter. Do I have to go against my sexual attraction in order to satisfy those with different tastes?
I have been informed that my lack of attraction & willingness to fuck transsexuals makes me a hateful bigot. Honestly, it is those types of statements that throws the individuals who say that up on the creepy level of 99/100 scale.
I believe Zinnia Jones is to thank for that pithy little statement, isn't she?

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

James Caruthers wrote:
SoylentAtheist wrote:
I believe Zinnia Jones is to thank for that pithy little statement, isn't she?
At the same time I am pretty sure a curiosity and fetish for transsexual porn also marks one a hateful objectifying sexist bigot.

So it all balances out.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Skep tickle wrote:Poking around more re that last link, it's from here: http://www.catapult.org/coverstories/

They wouldn't because the first 2 covers are anti-islamic or something and only white males do anything wrong.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Myers should read "Myers'", obviously.