Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Clarence

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by Clarence »

Sunder wrote:
Clarence wrote:Chemotherapy is often hell , is not 100 percent safe and is not even guaranteed to work.
Hence the 75% chance of full remission not being 100%. So what?
You are for forcing someone to play the odds and subjecting them to therapy that is painful, debilitating, often leads to horrendous side effects?

Short of infants or the mentally ill or those otherwise incapacitated or incompetent, I am not for forcing any treatment on anyone. And even for those I just excepted, I'm not for forcing any thing that is less than absolutely necessary on them. Which usually means treatment necessary to save their lives. Which is why, for instance, I'm against circumcisions, sex -reassignments, etc, at birth.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Aneris wrote:PZ Myers and the knives...
PZ Myers wrote:I’ve got to start carrying a knife now. Just so all you Christians know, if I’m in a fatal accident, and I’m lying in the street dying, and you’re not running over to stop the bleeding or otherwise physically help me, and you try to pull that prayer-and-conversion shit on me, I’m going to stab you. I’ll have nothing to lose, and you sure as hell don’t deserve to continue living. I don’t like violence, but I will make an exception for this one possible circumstance.
He was reviewing the film God's Not Dead, apparently a christian movie, where in one scene two Christians make a deathbed conversion as described above.
OK. THAT one needs to go in the Time.com comments.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I’ve got to start carrying a knife now. Just so all you Christians know, if I’m in a fatal accident, and I’m lying in the street dying, and you’re not running over to stop the bleeding or otherwise physically help me, and you try to pull that prayer-and-conversion shit on me, I’m going to stab you. I’ll have nothing to lose, and you sure as hell don’t deserve to continue living. I don’t like violence, but I will make an exception for this one possible circumstance.
I don't like Christianity at all but I think that very, very few Christians would pull that prayer-and-conversion shit without helping the dying person first. Maybe Fred Phelps, when he was alive, but he's hardly a representative of Christianity as a whole.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

SoylentAtheist wrote: We are going to have to find someone either very desperate or insane. Shall we hit up Free Thought Blogs? Skepchick? and/or A+?
If she'd have me, I'd marry the fair damsel on a few conditions:
A. No more social media. None. No more being a drama whore.
B. Daily spankings, until such time as she either calmed down or got a better attitude (which, with her, would probably be NEVER).
C. She would read at least one CLASSIC Chinese and/or Western book a week to improve her mind which right now is filled with half-understood slogans, a dash of SJW, and "Me,Me,Me,Me,I,I,I,I,I"
D. If she turned that tongue of hers on me, I'd retain the right to earmuffs.

I suspect that seriously trying to go 'cold turkey' on social media would kill Suey. :lol:

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

SoylentAtheist wrote: We are going to have to find someone either very desperate or insane. Shall we hit up Free Thought Blogs? Skepchick? and/or A+?
I mean seriously, it would serve them right.
I actually think Baxter has it better with Stollznow. Karen is mostly sane, at least. Suey is cute, but nothing else she has ever done or said has convinced me she is anything other than a selfish drama queen with large amounts of prejudice that she doesn't want to own up to. She just has a list, and getting a husband would be all about HER. I can imagine her tongue being turned loose on someone like that Satan guy on the A Plus boards. He'd never be good enough, she'd always hold her herself as a moral paragon above him, and she's probably selfish in the sack too.He'd probably WISH she was beating him.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Clarence wrote:
If she'd have me, I'd marry the fair damsel on a few conditions:
A. No more social media. None. No more being a drama whore.
B. Daily spankings, until such time as she either calmed down or got a better attitude (which, with her, would probably be NEVER).
C. She would read at least one CLASSIC Chinese and/or Western book a week to improve her mind which right now is filled with half-understood slogans, a dash of SJW, and "Me,Me,Me,Me,I,I,I,I,I"
D. If she turned that tongue of hers on me, I'd retain the right to earmuffs.

I suspect that seriously trying to go 'cold turkey' on social media would kill Suey. :lol:
Have at it Clarence.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

On phone. Cant really be arsed saying anything more on this storify from Uberfeminist other than some people are fucked up:

https://storify.com/uberfeminist/cultured-cancer

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Mr Radio wrote:
PZ Myers wrote:I’ve got to start carrying a knife now. Just so all you Christians know, if I’m in a fatal accident, and I’m lying in the street dying, and you’re not running over to stop the bleeding or otherwise physically help me, and you try to pull that prayer-and-conversion shit on me, I’m going to stab you. I’ll have nothing to lose, and you sure as hell don’t deserve to continue living. I don’t like violence, but I will make an exception for this one possible circumstance.
internet_toughguy.txt or, "why wasn't I chosen to be a horseman?"
Speaking of which: after Ophelia Benson declared thrice so far how much she dislikes the Secular Council, PZ Myers now joined her opinion with more substance and declared that it really sucks in every regard. There is no “great that they got these people of great repute together, but It would be good if…” at all. It's all negative. It actually doesn't sound he's even on the same team. The commentariat of course underscores in bold, except the usual contrarian ChasCPeterson. Aron Ra is now in a little awkward position as he is on the team of FTB as well as Secular Council, but I guess he stoically sits it out.

I find this clarity, however, very good.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I’ve got to start carrying a knife now. Just so all you Christians know, if I’m in a fatal accident, and I’m lying in the street dying, and you’re not running over to stop the bleeding or otherwise physically help me, and you try to pull that prayer-and-conversion shit on me, I’m going to stab you. I’ll have nothing to lose, and you sure as hell don’t deserve to continue living. I don’t like violence, but I will make an exception for this one possible circumstance.
I don't like Christianity at all but I think that very, very few Christians would pull that prayer-and-conversion shit without helping the dying person first. Maybe Fred Phelps, when he was alive, but he's hardly a representative of Christianity as a whole.
Though that was apparently part of the Christian movie, and PZ Myers overall point was like yours, that the Christians who made this flick did an excellent job in the service of anti-christianity.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Mr Radio wrote:
internet_toughguy.txt or, "why wasn't I chosen to be a horseman?"
He's going to "unleash the beast" on those christians! I suppose he will also be wearing a trench coat?

James Caruthers

There must be some Nice Guys and male feminists out there who are up for the challenge.

By her own admission, she has tons of mental and emotional problems, on top of her weird belief that she is an underprivileged victim, despite (according to SJW metrics) belonging to the most privileged demographic in the USA. On average more educated AND more wealthy than white people.

What, suddenly she doesn't like averages and generalizations? She likes it just fine when she's going around calling white men privileged racist shitlords.

James Caruthers

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Have at it Clarence.
Bahahaha! I saw this one reblogged on ShittyWebComics. How long until feminists redefine all negative female traits into positive traits we only think are negative because of patriarchy, and redefine all positive male traits into negative traits that we have been brainwashed to think are good because of patriarchy?

I'm guessing some feminists have already floated the idea around.

James Caruthers

http://37.media.tumblr.com/da7294102c5d ... 1_1280.png

Legend:

WW: White Women

WM: White Men

Social Justice: :cdc:

James Caruthers

http://37.media.tumblr.com/da7294102c5d ... 1_1280.png

Legend:

James Caruthers

Goddammit, I have no idea why that posted twice.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/male-g ... :1:Default

These parody news organizations are really starting to dig into modern feminism and social justice wankery. I hope this is the start of the mainstream liberal rejection of SJWism that we need in the USA to keep the political discourse at least a little bit less toxic than it otherwise would be.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Can someone snag a copy of the time.com site & PZ's knife-evangelists post? Just such a nice juxtaposition, and the time.com comments may be under tighter moderation now - or closed but they're not saying so.

PZ Myers, AHA Humanist of the Year (2009) and recipient of IHEU's International Humanist Award (2011), tries to explain at time.com why atheists are "the most distrusted group in America" and the growth of atheism is met with "distrust and fear", then 1 day later puts up a blogpost at Pharyngula threatening to knife to death any Christian who tries to convert him on his deathbed should an accident occur.

Of people his own age who live in his area who attended the same showing of the movie:
The audience was about 50-60 people, mostly older. They seemed to enjoy it, laughing & having a good time. Fuck ‘em.
What a classy guy. What an ambassador for atheism.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

James Caruthers wrote:Goddammit, I have no idea why that posted twice.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/male-g ... :1:Default

These parody news organizations are really starting to dig into modern feminism and social justice wankery. I hope this is the start of the mainstream liberal rejection of SJWism that we need in the USA to keep the political discourse at least a little bit less toxic than it otherwise would be.
More power to 'em.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

James Caruthers wrote:http://37.media.tumblr.com/da7294102c5d ... 1_1280.png

Legend:

Social Justice: ...
It is interesting to see their own "logic" being carried to a conclusion. And to see them* react to that.

(The "them" whose personal line in the sand between good guys & bad guys doesn't match the SJW-ier SJW's different personal line in the sand.)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

A midnight marauder seems to have dropped a comic sans love note in the Christian movie thread at PZ's. MM (or the poster in that role, if not the same MM as at times in the past) lso has some company in a couple of people who aren't cheering PZ on full force. Because 1 will definitely be gone in a few hours & the other might be:

http://i.imgur.com/AgbX4TP.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/7wjAWn1.png?1

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Legend:

Here's a source if you want it. The conversation goes further.

I really want it to be a Poe.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

The contrast between the Time magazine and the 'stab a Christian' piece shows how large the dissonance between the the versions of PZ talking to his two different audiences. It's reminiscent of a comparison of the ways Dembski talks about Intelligent Design as science to scientists, and then as "The logos theory of John" to his religious financial backers.

Sadly, as far as the wider audience is concerned, it's atheism which PZ is making look ridiculous, not himself.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Sunder wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:[.img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/da7294102c5d ... 1_1280.png[/img]

Legend:

Nerdista keeps tweeting to @Poebekwon rather than @Phoebe[/
b]kwon, if that's any consolation.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

I'm new at this game of 'trending hashtags' but can I suggest #FindClarenceABlowUpDoll2014

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The "writer" from "San Fransico"? Not a Poe at all. :roll:

James Caruthers

Sunder wrote:

Legend:

Okay, I had a look and I'm 99% certain it is a troll. But the logic is a thing of beauty. From social justice feminism's perspective, the logic builds flawlessly from "privilege theory." If a man can't experience sexism or a white person can't experience racism (because we redefine those words to fit our new cult definitions), then it logically follows that a rich man can't experience theft or a white woman experience rape. 8-)

If this troll had been just a little bit more subtle (said something like "rape isn't as bad when it happens to a white woman), then ze probably could have had all of the SJL's applause. As it was, well, they called her on being a troll. They're probably right. But they are rather missing the point.

Good trolling is art. A skilled poe can use the logic of the group in question to so baffle and confuse them, that they want to call the troll on xer bullshit, but can't, because the person MIGHT be genuine. The troll makes a point about what kind of in-group dynamics create that sort of fucked-up situation, where you can't figure out that the person saying "white women can't be raped" is trollan. Trolling, like 'bullying', can be used to shine a light on very real issues.

TL:DR: This troll ultimately failed because xe didn't build xer victim narrative up prior to making outrageous crazy pills statements. If only xe had captured the feelz of the audience first, and established zerself as a totes victim, nobody would have had the balls to call out xer trolling. Ask Oggy.

Kenteken

Post by Kenteken »

Tony Parsehole wrote:On phone. Cant really be arsed saying anything more on this storify from Uberfeminist other than some people are fucked up:

Twitter and its unlimited variations of stupid.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Interesting situation close to my home that might be worth keeping an eye on.

Politics in Northern Ireland. Last year two guys from the Ulster Unionist Party, Basil McCrea and John McCallister, quit the party, teamed up with Tina McKenzie, businesswoman and daughter of a former IRA man, and formed NI21, a new political party intended to appeal to liberal, non-sectarian unionists. McCrea is party leader, McCallister is deputy, McKenzie is chair.

On Wednesday we had elections for local councils and the European Parliament, and NI21 had candidates in both, but on the eve of the election the party imploded. At the centre of this is an allegation of unspecific sexual misconduct. A former party worker, Ashleigh Murray, has made a statement to the News Letter, a local paper with a strong Unionist slant, and done an interview with the BBC. The News Letter put the statement to McCrea, and he said "you print any of this and I'll sue", so they haven't printed anything or named Murray as the alligator, other than reporting that allegations of a sexual nature have been made against him. The BBC have named Murray and run a snippet of the interview as part of a report on the incident, but have not included the actual allegations, apparently on legal advice. The incident apparently happened last year, but Murray didn't mention it to anybody until just before the election, and she turns on the tears rather easily in the interview snippet. McKenzie, to her credit, has said we should reserve judgement until the facts are in, but has resigned as chair. McCallister, on the other hand, has been all over the media demanding McCrea resign and let him be leader.

My judgement is very reserved on this. It's the easiest thing in the world to discredit a male political figure, especially one on the liberal/left end of the spectrum, with a well-timed allegation of sexual misconduct, and "sexual misconduct" has been redefined to mean almost anything from actual assault down to telling a slightly off-colour joke in mixed company. I think it's significant that neither the News Letter nor the BBC have repeated the actual allegations, but since they've ruined his political campaign and possibly career anyway, I doubt that'll save them from being sued if they turn out to be false.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

paddybrown wrote:At the centre of this is an allegation of unspecific sexual misconduct.
You probably got it from the context or the link, but that should be "an allegation of unspecific sexual misconduct against McCrea."

McCrea is best known in Northern Ireland for being pro-gay marriage in a culture that is well, not. At a (very small) rally in support of gay marriage he held up a banner asking Democratic Unionist minister Edwin Poots to marry him:

http://www.lisburntoday.co.uk/webimage/ ... 377954.jpg

Which put Poots amusingly on the defensive:

"Whilst Basil might find it funny, the lack of co-operation on local issues is not and standing with Sinn Fein while you hold a banner asking to marry me is not working for Lagan Valley. On a lighter note I refute his so called offer of marriage as I was happily married to the love of my life Glynis 25 years ago in Bethany Gospel Hall Finaghy and am still as in love with her in our marriage today.”

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:On phone. Cant really be arsed saying anything more on this storify from Uberfeminist other than some people are fucked up:
Don't do anything other cultures do. No Henna use for people other than indians. No dread locks for anyone other than Caribbeans... Why on earth do they come off being culturally closer to skin heads than people who actually like and enjoy other cultures.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

When I first saw a photo of hers, I thought she was cute. Then she started talking. Instant boner murder.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

James Caruthers wrote:
Sunder wrote:

Legend:

Okay, I had a look and I'm 99% certain it is a troll. But the logic is a thing of beauty. From social justice feminism's perspective, the logic builds flawlessly from "privilege theory." If a man can't experience sexism or a white person can't experience racism (because we redefine those words to fit our new cult definitions), then it logically follows that a rich man can't experience theft or a white woman experience rape. 8-)

If this troll had been just a little bit more subtle (said something like "rape isn't as bad when it happens to a white woman), then ze probably could have had all of the SJL's applause. As it was, well, they called her on being a troll. They're probably right. But they are rather missing the point.

Good trolling is art. A skilled poe can use the logic of the group in question to so baffle and confuse them, that they want to call the troll on xer bullshit, but can't, because the person MIGHT be genuine. The troll makes a point about what kind of in-group dynamics create that sort of fucked-up situation, where you can't figure out that the person saying "white women can't be raped" is trollan. Trolling, like 'bullying', can be used to shine a light on very real issues.

TL:DR: This troll ultimately failed because xe didn't build xer victim narrative up prior to making outrageous crazy pills statements. If only xe had captured the feelz of the audience first, and established zerself as a totes victim, nobody would have had the balls to call out xer trolling. Ask Oggy.
Are you sure it is a troll? Remember that story from the white woman who went down to Haiti to help out, got raped by black Haitians and then determined it wasn't their fault because they were simply acting out their anger against the white patriarchy.

Kenteken

Post by Kenteken »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Don't do anything other cultures do. No Henna use for people other than indians. No dread locks for anyone other than Caribbeans... Why on earth do they come off being culturally closer to skin heads than people who actually like and enjoy other cultures.
Actually henna has been cultural diverse a couple of millennia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _04-37.jpg

The west however, should as a show of good faith, start using Roman numbers again.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

"Cultural appropriation" is the most retarded SJW concept of them all. All cultures appropriate things from other cultures. Only raging racists want to keep culture "pure" and "unblemished". A "multicultural society", which is in itself a problematic concept, should actually allow and encourage the mixing and the exploration of cultures. But that's not enough to SJWs. Whites are Evil, so they must be punished in every possible way (except when they're on the SJW side).

The problem with the SJWs is that they get to redefine words and concepts so that they and their clique are always right, and everyone else is wrong. The concept themselves lose any rational value and become only tools to shame their enemies and absolve their friends.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:"Cultural appropriation" is the most retarded SJW concept of them all. All cultures appropriate things from other cultures. Only raging racists want to keep culture "pure" and "unblemished". A "multicultural society", which is in itself a problematic concept, should actually allow and encourage the mixing and the exploration of cultures. But that's not enough to SJWs. Whites are Evil, so they must be punished in every possible way (except when they're on the SJW side).

The problem with the SJWs is that they get to redefine words and concepts so that they and their clique are always right, and everyone else is wrong. The concept themselves lose any rational value and become only tools to shame their enemies and absolve their friends.
On this cultural appropriation deal the SJWers have going. So I have to research my ancestry before I can do something? What if someone doesn't know their ancestral roots. If I do research my roots, how much of a percentage of my ancestors have to come from a certain area before I am allowed to do, eat or wear something? Does it follow the "one drop" rule? Or do you have to look like you came from there? How far back do we go for ancestry? One generation? Two? Three? All the way back? Because if so, we evidently all came out of Africa. And if so, does that mean some Puerto Rican's that don't "look" Puerto Rican can no longer enjoy their food, songs, culture & clothing? Some of the Irish get pissed off at US Irish claiming they are Irish and drinking green beer and wearing green on St. Patty's day. Should they stop?

And the Indian girl who posted how awful it was that people who were not Indian were using henna. Should she also stop wearing western clothes & using the English language lest she culturally appropriate something that is not her culture? She also insisted that people who do get henna done, should get it done by real Indians and not by a white girl with dread locks. Should we assume that all Indians know how to do henna art since that is their culture? Do we walk up to them and say "Excuse me, I wanted to get some henna art done, and I noticed you are Indian..."

And what does this do to the concept that race is made up and nothing more than a social construct?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

[youtube]Ji5-_c9wpv0[/youtube]

Justin Bond rose to fame as half of the musical comedy duo "Kiki and Herb", more recently positioning himself as
a public theorist of Genderqueer sexual identity.

Bonk! He just collided with his own faction's ideological war against Degenerate Art...
A Missive to My Community: I'm writing this because I want to be very clear on where I come down on the recent controversies around the language issues with regards to our trans-narratives. I've been an advocate for finding new, inclusive, thoughtful and evolved language for those of us in the trans and gender non-conforming communities for some time now. Therefore I feel personally compelled to weigh in on these latest dramas that are really annoying the shit out of me. In my opinion there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with Heklina changing the name of Trannyshack in an effort to "rebrand" her legendarily inclusive, irreverent celebration of Queer fabulousness. But keep in mind that the reason she has "evolved" is because she's been forced to due to harassment from a group of people who have decided that instead of learning from our queer history of re-appropriating, owning, and disempowering words that ACCURATELY DESCRIBE WHO AND WHAT WE ARE -instead of taking those words that are sometimes used to hurt us by those who WILL HATE US NO MATTER WHAT and making them a part of what makes us wonderful, a small group of vocal "queers" has decided it's better pursue a shame-based agenda. Therefore, it seems, Heklina has decided it's easier to "rebrand" her party to avoid any more grief. That's her decision and I applaud her for doing what she feels she needs to do. It still makes me sad. I also think there was nothing wrong with the whimsical "Female or Shemale" game played on RuPaul's Drag Race -especially because the contestants couldn't even tell the difference. Hello! That's revolutionary!!! Not to mention the amazing talent displayed later in the episode by the transgender artists on the show which has now been pulled from the air. So. In lieu of standing up to the haters who seek to diminish us and our accomplishments and standing UNITED IN PRIDE IN OUR DIVERSITY these thoughtless "word police" instead go on the attack and achieve easy victories by harassing, silencing and shaming members of their own community and the allies who are thoughtful and sensitive enough to the reasons and feelings behind their anger that they are willing to listen and -as usual, blame themselves and make the changes because it's just EASIER to "evolve" back into silent, bullied shame. What they fail to recognize is that by banishing the use of the word TRANNY they will not be getting rid of the transphobia of those who use it in a negative way. What it does do is steal a joyous and hard-won identity from those of us who are and have been perfectly comfortable, if not delighted to BE TRANNIES, but the fact is WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY. In case you didn't know it WE'RE TOUGH! A reality check, if people think you are a tranny it's because you are perceived as one. OWN IT! If they think that's a bad thing then THEY ARE STUPID! If you don't wish to own that word or any other word used to describe you other than "male" or "female" then I hope you are privileged enough to have been born with an appearance that will allow you to disappear into the passing world or that you or your generous, supportive family are able to afford the procedures which will make it possible for you to pass within the gender binary system you are catering your demands to. If you're capable of doing that then GO ON AND DISAPPEAR INTO THE PASSING WORLD! Otherwise quit using your big, privileged -yet ignorant- mouths to make the words used to describe who we are a shameful thing. It is not shameful to be a tranny, a she-male, or any other word used to desctibe a gender variant individual. It's shameful to harass people for being comfortable with who they are and the words they choose to use to describe themselves when you aren't. That is my opinion on this ridicuous subject. As you can tell I'm angered by this trifling bullshit. We should be working on unifying our community and getting ourselves basic protections under the law. If everyone who is expending so much time and energy harassing their sisters about this word would harass their elected officials with the same amount of verve and fervor we'd be on the way to a much more trans-inclusive society. These words were written in love and anger. Mx Bond

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I knew all along the apartheid system in south Africa was social justice in action.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Service Dog wrote:Justin Bond rose to fame as half of the musical comedy duo "Kiki and Herb", more recently positioning himself as

Bonk! He just collided with his own faction's ideological war against Degenerate Art...
If everyone who is expending so much time and energy harassing their sisters about this word would harass their elected officials with the same amount of verve and fervor we'd be on the way to a much more trans-inclusive society.
You know what? Not really. Mr. Bond goes on about how much damage these idiots are doing, and suggest they go do it to someone else. Bad idea. These Social Justice Warriors leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths. They make people who previously had a positive attitude about the the ones they represent and turn it negative. They make people just flat out walk away from the nasty crazies. Imagine if someone's first connection to a trans person is one of these Social Justice Warriors. They will end up thinking all of the stereotypes are true.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

If cultural appropriation is an issue, then can use evil white men have the words queer and nigger back? Can these shrieking north american idiots find their own language to use rather than appropriating english? Can they stop appending their nationality with the nationality of some vaguely related ancestors? And as I'm sure most of them are not the original inhabitants of that land, can they all just fuck off? And no, the countries of their ancestors are not their countries to appropriate either.

Blithering idiots the lot of them.

And surprise surprise, P.Z. Myers wants to knife Christians. What if it was a young female Christian, would the cognitive dissonance give him a stroke? That man is human slurry.

welch

Post by welch »

Oh noes, the Morris Doughboy is gonna shank a bitch.

welch

Post by welch »

Wait, I thought she was strong and independent 'n' shit.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

welch wrote:
Wait, I thought she was strong and independent 'n' shit.
You missed this bit of magic.
She was raised by both her parents stayed married. Take a wild guess as to why she has abandonment issues *cough* *cough* <dating life>

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

welch wrote:Oh noes, the Morris Doughboy is gonna shank a bitch.
I prefer to call him Professor Stabby.

welch

Post by welch »

Service Dog wrote:[youtube]Ji5-_c9wpv0[/youtube]

Justin Bond rose to fame as half of the musical comedy duo "Kiki and Herb", more recently positioning himself as

A Missive to My Community: I'm writing this because I want to be very clear on where I come down on the recent controversies around the language issues with regards to our trans-narratives. I've been an advocate for finding new, inclusive, thoughtful and evolved language for those of us in the trans and gender non-conforming communities for some time now. Therefore I feel personally compelled to weigh in on these latest dramas that are really annoying the shit out of me. In my opinion there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with Heklina changing the name of Trannyshack in an effort to "rebrand" her legendarily inclusive, irreverent celebration of Queer fabulousness. But keep in mind that the reason she has "evolved" is because she's been forced to due to harassment from a group of people who have decided that instead of learning from our queer history of re-appropriating, owning, and disempowering words that ACCURATELY DESCRIBE WHO AND WHAT WE ARE -instead of taking those words that are sometimes used to hurt us by those who WILL HATE US NO MATTER WHAT and making them a part of what makes us wonderful, a small group of vocal "queers" has decided it's better pursue a shame-based agenda. Therefore, it seems, Heklina has decided it's easier to "rebrand" her party to avoid any more grief. That's her decision and I applaud her for doing what she feels she needs to do. It still makes me sad. I also think there was nothing wrong with the whimsical "Female or Shemale" game played on RuPaul's Drag Race -especially because the contestants couldn't even tell the difference. Hello! That's revolutionary!!! Not to mention the amazing talent displayed later in the episode by the transgender artists on the show which has now been pulled from the air. So. In lieu of standing up to the haters who seek to diminish us and our accomplishments and standing UNITED IN PRIDE IN OUR DIVERSITY these thoughtless "word police" instead go on the attack and achieve easy victories by harassing, silencing and shaming members of their own community and the allies who are thoughtful and sensitive enough to the reasons and feelings behind their anger that they are willing to listen and -as usual, blame themselves and make the changes because it's just EASIER to "evolve" back into silent, bullied shame. What they fail to recognize is that by banishing the use of the word TRANNY they will not be getting rid of the transphobia of those who use it in a negative way. What it does do is steal a joyous and hard-won identity from those of us who are and have been perfectly comfortable, if not delighted to BE TRANNIES, but the fact is WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY. In case you didn't know it WE'RE TOUGH! A reality check, if people think you are a tranny it's because you are perceived as one. OWN IT! If they think that's a bad thing then THEY ARE STUPID! If you don't wish to own that word or any other word used to describe you other than "male" or "female" then I hope you are privileged enough to have been born with an appearance that will allow you to disappear into the passing world or that you or your generous, supportive family are able to afford the procedures which will make it possible for you to pass within the gender binary system you are catering your demands to. If you're capable of doing that then GO ON AND DISAPPEAR INTO THE PASSING WORLD! Otherwise quit using your big, privileged -yet ignorant- mouths to make the words used to describe who we are a shameful thing. It is not shameful to be a tranny, a she-male, or any other word used to desctibe a gender variant individual. It's shameful to harass people for being comfortable with who they are and the words they choose to use to describe themselves when you aren't. That is my opinion on this ridicuous subject. As you can tell I'm angered by this trifling bullshit. We should be working on unifying our community and getting ourselves basic protections under the law. If everyone who is expending so much time and energy harassing their sisters about this word would harass their elected officials with the same amount of verve and fervor we'd be on the way to a much more trans-inclusive society. These words were written in love and anger. Mx Bond

have none of these twats ever heard of "the paragraph"?

Perhaps some form of space between them?

welch

Post by welch »

deLurch wrote:
"Professor McStabby: if the christian just prays, but doesn't try to convert you, do you still stab them, or is that only worth a superficial slicing?"

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Me and my two high-maintenance bitches...

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2355_o.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

welch wrote:
deLurch wrote:
"Professor McStabby: if the christian just prays, but doesn't try to convert you, do you still stab them, or is that only worth a superficial slicing?"
God Bless You.

<<*Thunk*>>

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

welch wrote:
I always thought PZ was a complete fairy but his tale of how he'd stab a person to death WHILST HE HIMSELF IS BLEEDING TO DEATH has made me change my mind.
PZ never chose the thug life. The thug life chose him.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dear Bhoytony.
Although I don't want the Thai military to arrest and execute you for being a western spy if they do can we please have your written confirmation that you want your remains to be buried in a massive tartan shortbread tin?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Me and my two high-maintenance bitches...

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2355_o.jpg
Awww....bless your cotton socks.

didymos

Post by didymos »

LOL. Ophie really hates the GSC. She's currently picking twitter-fights w/them:

https://twitter.com/OpheliaBenson

Or in her terms, engaging in harassment.

didymos

Post by didymos »

Bonus lulz:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:"Cultural appropriation" is the most retarded SJW concept of them all. All cultures appropriate things from other cultures. Only raging racists want to keep culture "pure" and "unblemished". A "multicultural society", which is in itself a problematic concept, should actually allow and encourage the mixing and the exploration of cultures. But that's not enough to SJWs. Whites are Evil, so they must be punished in every possible way (except when they're on the SJW side).

NEIN! Ve must keep ze race PURE!

And I found this and thought it was funny.

http://www.brotherryan.com/wp-content/u ... CIST-5.jpg

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

I iz ded nao, slain by teh ironies:
Also, the movie itself was an elaborate exercise in projection. The academics were all portrayed as dogmatic and authoritarian and rather stupid — even the debate which was supposedly the core of this movie consisted of the Christian protagonist and atheist professor exchanging rounds of quotes from their respective corners.
:lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

One thing I don't get with all this 'Oh noes it's cultural appropriation!!!' shite - how does it prevent the purveyors of the original cultural artifact in question from enjoying said artifact? I mean, did the Japanese suddenly find it impossible to enjoy sushi after it caught on in the west? Did certain Polynesian peoples find it impossible to accept tattoos after European sailors started getting inked? And so on and so forth.

The thing is, decrying so-called cultural appropriation isn't that far removed from those 'defenders of traditional marriage' types decrying gay marriage - from whose point of view, it's a gay appropriation of an exclusively hetero cultural practice. Of course, IN SJ land, cultural appropriation is - for some entirely arbitrary reason - fine when it's a group they perceive as being oppressed (in this case, teh ghey) culturally appropriating from Dah Man. Then again, considering gay marriage is, so far, a recent phenomenon confined to the west, and that pretty much all poor and oppressed non-western-non-whitey people have been doing the heteros-only marriage bit for ages, it does make the SJ position on cultural appropriation a load of old bollocks really.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

SJWs tend to not think more than one step ahead. At best. Whatever floats their narrative. I just wish it would take less time for the infection in the A/S community to be treated.

BTW, nice shot in the foot Myers. That's one for the history books. Wanker.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Ban knives.

Oh already taken care of.

PZ you criminal. Threatening people over the internet. Threatening to carry weapons and stab people. PZ you are such a prick.

PZ the Prick. I like it.

Hey, what's the same between a hemophiliac and a virgin? (btw, this joke got my 9th grade spanish teacher fired)

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tigzy wrote:

One thing I don't get with all this 'Oh noes it's cultural appropriation!!!' shite - how does it prevent the purveyors of the original cultural artifact in question from enjoying said artifact? I mean, did the Japanese suddenly find it impossible to enjoy sushi after it caught on in the west? Did certain Polynesian peoples find it impossible to accept tattoos after European sailors started getting inked? And so on and so forth.

The thing is, decrying so-called cultural appropriation isn't that far removed from those 'defenders of traditional marriage' types decrying gay marriage - from whose point of view, it's a gay appropriation of an exclusively hetero cultural practice. Of course, IN SJ land, cultural appropriation is - for some entirely arbitrary reason - fine when it's a group they perceive as being oppressed (in this case, teh ghey) culturally appropriating from Dah Man. Then again, considering gay marriage is, so far, a recent phenomenon confined to the west, and that pretty much all poor and oppressed non-western-non-whitey people have been doing the heteros-only marriage bit for ages, it does make the SJ position on cultural appropriation a load of old bollocks really.
Sushi is OVER. Henna tattoos are OVER.

[youtube]YlGqN3AKOsA[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I mean, did the Japanese suddenly find it impossible to enjoy sushi after it caught on in the west? Did certain Polynesian peoples find it impossible to accept tattoos after European sailors started getting inked?
But you see, it's not real sushi. They're not real tattoos. We're cultural plagiarists and we should pay the original inventors and their descendants for the copyright of sushi and tattoos!

The SJW are cultural Galambosianists.
Galambos would keep a jar or coffee can next to him when speaking in public, into which he would drop a nickel or dime any time he mentioned the name of another person, or mentioned an idea or phrase attributed to another person, to symbolize he was paying "royalties" to them for his use of their intellectual property. He went so far as to drop a nickel in "royalties" to the long-dead Thomas Paine every time he used the word "liberty", on the mistaken belief that the word was invented by Paine. Also reportedly, he was born Joseph Andrew Galambos, Jr. but legally changed his name to Andrew Joseph Galambos so he wouldn't infringe on his father's intellectual property rights.
So better prepare your jars. We need nickles for the inventors of dreads and henna!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
welch wrote:

I always thought PZ was a complete fairy but his tale of how he'd stab a person to death WHILST HE HIMSELF IS BLEEDING TO DEATH has made me change my mind.
PZ never chose the thug life. The thug life chose him.
http://imgur.com/0IcwcfQ.jpg

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

He was reviewing the film God's Not Dead, apparently a christian movie, where in one scene two Christians make a deathbed conversion as described above.
I don't carry a knife or a gun. If one of those Xians starts fucking with me I just beat his ass to a pulp with my bare mitts. I'll beat the ass of the next person on this shithole who rags on Melody Hensley too. Don't think I will? Just try me.
Attachments
box.jpg
(19.99 KiB) Downloaded 133 times