Let me come inside

I'm young and able
To buzz all night long
I'm young and able
To buzz all night long
Well, when you hear me buzzin', baby
Some stingin' is going on

[youtube]B2_zdgPYhJg[/youtube]
There are no king bees. The busy bees are female. Male bees aka "drones" don't have a sting and live their short lives as sex slaves for the Queen B. :whistle:
Oh no! All these years I've been basing my understanding of biology on the work of Slim Harpo. Who could have imagined he wasn't a scientist?

jimthepleb

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by jimthepleb »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Clarence wrote: After it, I received an email that, among a great deal else, described my curriculum – the entire curriculum, mark you – as “unintentionally heteronormative.”

Which made me stare, with one eyelid twitching, at my computer, because it means that for the last 8 weeks I have been failing, for two hours each week, over and over again, to make the most fundamental point of the class.

Because my class is neither unintentional nor heteronormative.
So I’ve spent days banging my head against a metaphorical wall, unsure how I could have failed so spectacularly, for so long, and not have realized it. I have 180some brilliant young humans who’ve spent something like 15 hours being lectured at by me without actually receiving the message I was trying to convey.

And now I have to figure out what to do about that.
And you are not going to because your "180some brilliant young humans" are stupid. And so are you.

And there is no cure for stupidity.
Actually, I shared one of her later posts, where she describes the beauty of evolution and what role sex plays in it. She does defend standard biology for the most part, and that DOES NOT make her popular with the Hjornbecks that show up on her blog. That being said , she's more SJW friendly than anyone here - but downright stupid she does not appear to be.[/quote]

OK I will elaborate just a little. Do you know anyone who is not stupid in at least one area?

No?

Me neither. As a matter of fact, my observation is that most people are stupid in more than one way. The really unfortunate are stupid in almost everything. That includes me by the way.

I am pretty stupid in a lot of ways in a lot of things. But most of the time, what saves me from doing many stupid things is recognizing what areas that I am pretty stupid at in the first place.

People who are really smart, quite often fall into the stupidity trap because they are so impressed with how smart they are in some things, they fail to recognize when they are being stupid in other things.

If you agree that many people are "educated" far beyond their ability to actually utilize in any meaningful way you might start to see what I am getting at.

"180some brilliant young humans"? I laughed.[/quote]
[youtube]rYFQZFL0yoo[/youtube]

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

bhoytony wrote:Oh no! All these years I've been basing my understanding of biology on the work of Slim Harpo. Who could have imagined he wasn't a scientist?
You did? How quaint!

But I was actually commenting on the appropriateness of PZ's new t-shirt with regard to the biology of bees.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

bhoytony wrote:Oh no! All these years I've been basing my understanding of biology on the work of Slim Harpo. Who could have imagined he wasn't a scientist?
You did? How quaint!

But I was actually commenting on the appropriateness of PZ's new t-shirt with regard to the biology of bees.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Eskarina wrote:
You did? How quaint!

Strange, I thought your comment referred to king bees which aren't mentioned on the shirt, only in my posting of the Slim Harpo song.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

bhoytony wrote:
Strange, I thought your comment referred to king bees which aren't mentioned on the shirt, only in my posting of the Slim Harpo song.
Perhaps I should also point out that it was what we commonly refer to as a "joke" just in case you didn't know of this concept.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

jimthepleb wrote:
Bufoon wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news: Clarence and Welsh are at it again.

Also: The sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

Did I mention that water is wet?
My next door neighbor's dog has a 4 inch clit.
I wonder how Melody would handle that.
Wearing rubber gloves?

(fuck! I couldn't find the Animal House clip on YouTube)

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

bhoytony wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
You did? How quaint!

Sorry, I didn't mean my comment to be directed at your post at all. I tried to point out that the "busy, rapey bees" in Really?'s post are all female and that if Myers's identifies as a bee, he can only be a drone and not a king bee. I was just lazy in quoting.

Mea maxima culpa. But then I don't have have a sense of humour, of course. ;)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

There are going to be a lot of Geritol Bloody Marys served in Seattle come Saturday morning.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

jimthepleb wrote: [youtubes]rYFQZFL0yoo[/youtubes]
Thanks for the Jam reminder :)

That led me to casual parents; I still don't have kids but I hope it's possible to still chuckle at stuff like this when you do:

[youtube]MJP4dr_mioA[/youtube]

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

Today is June 7. So what happened yesterday in Seattle?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mr Radio

Post by Mr Radio »

Oh man what a beautiful Saturday morning. I'm gonna grab a cup of coffee and the newspaper and decide how I'm gonna spend this late spring day as soon as I catch up with this thre-
...as I was saying, off to grab some gin and cigarettes because it's going to be another terrible fucking day.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

Mr Radio wrote:Oh man what a beautiful Saturday morning. I'm gonna grab a cup of coffee and the newspaper and decide how I'm gonna spend this late spring day as soon as I catch up with this thre-
...as I was saying, off to grab some gin and cigarettes because it's going to be another terrible fucking day.
PUT THE FUCKING LOTION IN THE BASKET!

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Fuck me....bring the dead kids back.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Has she had a stroke or something?

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

Tapir wrote:Has she had a stroke or something?
You had to put that image in my head.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Too slender to be PeeZus, though.

I'm feeling especially oppressed by my normal-for-height-and-age BMI today - if I were on the lower side of normal BMI, biking and running uphill would be easier. 8 miles biking (hilly terrain) and 3.5 miles running (also hilly) this morning just about wiped me out, and it's only the beginning of 4-5 months of heat and humidity. Even losing a few pounds would make a difference.

I love to cook and I like to eat, unfortunately. The 5:2 Fast Diet is about as much as I can handle.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

AndrewV69 wrote:Popular Science is asking all of us to Stop Looking For 'Hardwired' Differences In Male And Female Brains because it is bad for us cause we already know there are no differences and the papers are just "bad" and shit.
I didn't know Pop Sci had an editorial page.

That article could be boiled down to: "They did a study on brain differences, but I didn't like the result."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Diddy Dickie Carrier again, fawning once more over life in DiddyDickieCarrierLand.

Here he's commenting on Chris Hall's Alternet (and now Salon - where, no surprise, it's getting some pushback in the comments already) article about how all the old KKK atheists like Dawkins are being pushed out by the likes Greta Christina and, er, Jen McCreight. Diddy Dickie, of course, takes it for granted that this is actually happening, and thinks the article is soopah!
I’m especially glad to see this getting articulated so well and so publicly, as it corroborates a point I had made over a month ago in correcting a misperception of New Atheism in a work by Crossley...
Course, Dickie. Dickie always gets there first. Even When he's having sex, he always makes a point of getting there first, I'm sure. Not that he's liable to leave some fey and winsome female disappointed, considering the only fey and winsome person who could ever meet Dickie's lofty standards is Dickie himself.

Anyways -

It’s also an example of the success of the ideals behind Atheism+ (the label just hasn’t been useful–except as a shibboleth for identifying the awful and the ignorant). We’ve helped make New Atheism more diverse and more sensitive to the issues and concerns of groups other than just old, white, wealthy, Anglo-American men.
http://i.imgur.com/suwAfj0.png
And it also demonstrates the need for continuing to fight for that cause, showing we still have a way to go to get all the way there, not least because, as Heina Dadabhoy commented on Facebook just recently:
The comments from atheists on the Alternet/Salon piece on diversifying atheism where I was quoted yesterday are already far more numerous & nasty than the ones I received from Muslims on the NYT piece in which I was featured.
Which is kind of odd, cos when you click on the link Diddy Dickie supplied, you get this:
You said it, Heina. Especially as what Dickie claims you wrote is nowhere to be seen on your Facebook page.

So all in all, it's just another merry day in DiddyDickieCarrierLand.
'La-La, Tinky-Winky -'
http://i.imgur.com/P1iWjMI.png
'-Po!'
http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/5660

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tapir wrote:Has she had a stroke or something?
S/h/it was born male, right?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

(Just spotted Tigzy wrote on this just as I was about to post.)

Viva la revolution.
Viva la revolution?

I think the intellectual artillery is misfiring again.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/5660

Carrier has a new piece praising that silly Chris Hall essay that ludicrously suggested that the new leaders of atheism are Jen McCreight, Greta Christina and Heina Dadabhoy.

In it he makes the point that these people get more pushback from atheists than they do from religious people.
Yes Dick, that's probably true for two reasons you didn't mention.

First they are basically nobodies, and so no religious people have even heard of them.

Second, they rarely write about religion in the first place - they are more content to whip up drama by falsely accusing fellow atheists of misogyny, assault, rape, harassment or making violent threats.

Carrier is the one who almost single handedly destroyed Atheism Plus at the moment of birth with his "You are either a supporter of Atheism Plus or you are a douchebag" post.

Viva la revolution indeed, dick guevara.

http://imgur.com/gis80hJ

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Popular Science is asking all of us to Stop Looking For 'Hardwired' Differences In Male And Female Brains because it is bad for us cause we already know there are no differences and the papers are just "bad" and shit.
I didn't know Pop Sci had an editorial page.

That article could be boiled down to: "They did a study on brain differences, but I didn't like the result."
That magazine is almost round the S-bend. See the main menu items? In this order:

Gear, Cars, Science, Technology, DIY.

It's stopped even pretending to be about science.

Linus

Post by Linus »

David Hasselhoff would not be seen with Gumby. Maybe Pokey, but not Gumby.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

It’s also an example of the success of the ideals behind Atheism+ (the label just hasn’t been useful–except as a shibboleth for identifying the awful and the ignorant). We’ve helped make New Atheism more diverse and more sensitive to the issues and concerns of groups other than just old, white, wealthy, Anglo-American men.
Has anyone else noticed the fairly recent addition of "wealthy" to their list for the Dominant Paradigm of atheism/secularism? Obviously, many of the loudest voices in "New Atheism" are white, Anglo-American men, so they had to find some way to differentiate themselves from Dawkins et al. PeeZus has definitely ramped up his bloviating about Ebul Capitalists in the last year or so. Some of them used to gloat on their blogs about their travels to meetings more often, and post loads of photos of their meals. Not so much anymore, and of course they're still traveling to conferences and to give talks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dead children, anti-vaxxers, mummified minges, Hornbeckian revision of haplodiploid sex selection, Feminazi science mags...
... and now THE CRYING GAME.

So far, this day is off to a revolting start, thanks to The Slymepit. I need to go retch now.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

zenbabe wrote:Oaphie is just losing her ancient shriveled mind over being essentially ignored by the GSC.
Let's see if I can quote her entire post:
n 06 2014
Tell us more, more, more

Notes and Comment Blog

by Ophelia Benson

I get to talk to someone else at the Global Secular Council on Monday. I don’t think there’s a whole lot of talk needed. I want them to

apologize on Twitter for their rudeness to me on Twitter

unblock the people they’ve blocked for asking them questions about the GSC

answer questions about the GSC

That’s all. I don’t see it as needing hours of conversation. They can just do it.

They just can’t refuse to answer questions about their shiny new project. They’re not the Vatican, and they’re not the kind of organization that wants to model itself on the Vatican. They’re the kind of organization that prides itself on being transparent and accountable – that’s a secular value, as opposed to the theistic values of mystery and unquestionable authority. They advertise themselves, so that means they have to respond to questions about themselves. They want our support, so they have to explain themselves to us. It’s just part of the territory.

But…I’m not sure they actually have that kind of mindset. Check out another picture that they use at the top of another page:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... dinner.png

Remind you of anything? it reminds me of the Last Supper.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... inci_5.jpg

We really really really don’t need any priestly imagery of Dawkins receiving the adulation of the multitudes decorating our new “Global” projects. We really really really don’t need to make a pope or monarch or hero out of Dawkins. Enough already.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... more-more/

What exactly is she offering to be in the good graces of this new organization?
Relief from the endless attacks she's launching at them?
Unlikely. They'll never be good enough for her until they attack and shun all the people she has deemed worthless.
If they give in, they'll lose control of the organization entirely and become a mere puppet for the FCunts, just like CFI.
Possible plays here:
1. In the phone call, tear into her ass for the shit she has been pulling on twitter and put her on the defensive where she belongs.
2. Tell her to fuck off.
3. Never to have made any kind of agreement to talk to her on the phone. Put it off. Drop it. Tell her you will have to reschedule. Treat her like the creepy guy that you are turning down for a date and just don't say anything or show up.

In the end, the only winning position with them is not to play. CFI almost got rid of them, but caved and threw them a bone. They have been leeching of CFI ever since and dragging them down.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:Yeah, now exchange "Global Secular Council" for "Freethought Blogs" and BAM, you're a Pitter, you dumb bitch. How can someone be this fucking oblivious? You are repeating pitter arguments, you ancient cow!

You repeatedly attack an organization and get butthurt when they very mildly insult you and then block you when you have a huge hissy fit over the mild insult. Now you demand they 100% capitulate and apologize, unblock you and all of your friends, answer your super important questions and allow you to continue attacking/bullying them with impunity.

I think Oafie is senile.

I know I keep posting "u mad" but her levels of ass inflammation are so out of proportion to the actual "offense."
BUT THIS IS ALL SHE HAS.

Seriously. People stopped calling her cunt because they got bored with it. She has no job. She has no respect. She has no prestige, even within the the FTB/Skepchick crowd. She lives off a minor stipend from a trust fund. No one wants to get near her for any kind of relationship.

This is the height of her career. To get upset when someone calls her Oafie. This is what her whole life has been driving to. This is the pinnacle of her success. This is what defines her. Oafie.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Cunt of Personality wrote:Ophie seems to be confused about the distinction between "asking questions" and "moaning about everything, as fucking usual". It clearly hasn't occurred to her that perhaps they really don't want the support of people like her.
Perhaps they should offer her a full refund of her donations.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

The nerve of people like Cunt of Personality.
How dare you suggest they don't want to be overrun by an axis of ... something ... known for censorship, blocking, rumor mill, and general asshattery!

Personally, I hope they remain steadfast in their decision. And I hope they carry on with what they want to do, without caving to outside influence.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

Pretty interesting (to me anyway) article up at the Scholar's Stage titled The Cross Section Ilusion
It is for such reasons we spend a great deal of time here discussing odd correlations for all sorts of things, trying to discern the connections between variables as different as genetics, climate, family structure, language, and other factors easily looked over and forgotten. This kind of analysis is both fun and necessary, but it must be done with care. It is too easy to get caught up in sloppy thinking when playing this game. I call a particularly common lapse the "Cross Section Illusion."
The author links to the following study Obesity and economic environments (from CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians) and then puts up a series of cross section and time series graphs from the paper and ends with this note:
This is worth keeping in mind the next time someone uses a few cross sectional studies to try and convince you that a correlation between wealth, violence, political systems, genes, geography, or whatever else may be the flavor of the day should be taken more seriously. They may be right--but before you cede the point, be sure to check if the time series version of the data supports their claim.
Interesting paper and article. I recommend reading both.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

From MsMag the outrage ramps up :Protest Saturday: Misogynistic MRA Conference in Detroit
This Saturday, a group of protesters in Detroit will rally in Grand Circus Park and march to the Doubletree Hotel, demanding that the hotel cancel the upcoming Conference for Men’s Issues. The conference, hosted by well-known men’s right’s organization A Voice For Men (AVfM) is set to take place at the hotel from June 26th-28th, and many Detroit-area residents are concerned about the organization’s hatred toward women.
:popcorn:

Post by Guest »

Jan Steen wrote:
Liz Ditz wrote:It seems that a physician wanted to do a vaccine clinic at a conference, Hug Me I'm Vaccinated-style, and was unable to contact either Women Thinking Free / Hug Me I'm Vaccinated via telephone, as those organizations had eliminated their telphone lines when the organizations ran low on resources.

Said physician eventually contacted DJ Grothe at JREF. Now, it's not exactly clear what the physician asked Mr. Grothe. At any rate, the impression was left that Grothe was unhelpful to the physician, and did not give him contact information for either Elyse Anders or Jamie Bernstein. The physician was apparently left with the impression that JREF knew nothing about any vaccination clinics or who had organized them.
This is exceedingly vague ("not exactly clear", "impression was left", "apparently").

How do I read this anecdote? A physician who had heard about vaccine clinics at TAM wanted to contact the folks who had run those clinics, Elyse and Jamie. In the meantime, Grothe had had a history of bickering with these two for some years now, and had apparently been disappointed in the quality of their work (why else the long delay of the report?). Therefore he was reluctant to recommend them to this physician, as this could reflect badly upon the JREF.

Jamie, as quoted by Liz Ditz, "corroborated" Elyse's anecdote:
Jamie wrote:Yah, I can corroborate what Elyse said. The guy who was trying to get in touch with us actually found a business card I gave him a couple years ago and called me up today and I talked to him for awhile giving advice for the vaccine clinic he wants to do.

He told me he had spoken with DJ Grothe but DJ told him he had no idea who was involved with the past TAM vax clinics and had no idea how to get ahold of us. Luckily he found my business card and also made his way to Skepchick where he sent us a message via the contact form.
Here Elyse's anecdote, which could be read as describing evasive behaviour by Grothe, has morphed into an accusation of straightforward lying. This is more than corroborating, it is taking the matter to a different plane altogether.

But note that the only source for this more damning version is the same Jamie Bernstein who had been arguing with Grothe for years over money (and probably other things we don't know) and over a report that wasn't published as soon as it could have been, for reasons that we can only speculate about. Then there is the distraction of the Pixlee affair.

It is all as clear as mud, with no independent corroboration of what actually happened. The unnamed physician could perhaps provide such corroboration, but he is not quoted directly. Given the clearly damaged relations between the people involved I have to conclude that:

It has not been established beyond reasonable doubt that Grothe has lied in this case. He probably was disinclined to help Elyse and Jamie after he had quarrels with them.
at the time dj said that he simply did not have any additional contact information for those involved than the doctor already had used, who had tried calling them and emailing them and using website contact forms with no response. and as i recall they were decrying back at him "OMG WE ARE ON TWITTER" as if that was a magic answer to a doctor that does not use twitter

they did not "eventually hear from the guy" via a contact form. he already made attempts which they did not answer, and probably only checked that when they'd started in on dj on twitter, who relayed the various ways the doctor had reached out to them with no response from their totally professional setup

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

From MsMag the outrage ramps up :Protest Saturday: Misogynistic MRA Conference in Detroit
This Saturday, a group of protesters in Detroit will rally in Grand Circus Park and march to the Doubletree Hotel, demanding that the hotel cancel the upcoming Conference for Men’s Issues. The conference, hosted by well-known men’s right’s organization A Voice For Men (AVfM) is set to take place at the hotel from June 26th-28th, and many Detroit-area residents are concerned about the organization’s hatred toward women.
Free speech is bad, even when the MRAs are paying a lot of money for the privilege. :snooty:

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Dick Strawkins wrote: snipping

What was curious about the furore that erupted over this study last year is that they claimed that Grothe was holding back the study and yet in the end they simply published it themselves.

Why bother getting into a fight with Grothe and claim he's holding them back, when they have the option of simply publishing it themselves at any time?

(OK, it's not really curious, it's blindingly obvious what was happening.)
:lol:
After enacting the labor of reading Jan's labor-enacted post, as well as your clearly written post here, the conclusion to this massive mess was as simple as publishing the result of the marketing study themselves. The whole goddamn fight was all much ado about nothing at all. It was a pure, pristine example of a tempest in a teapot.

The worst that can be said about DJ was that he didn't provide a physician with contact info for Mofo and that other guy, which, considering Mofo and that other guy's prior actions, makes sense. Years had passed (right?), and the data got published so why get involved again. Looks like he decided that he'd never associate with them professionally again because duh.

And I remember reading a quote from the joke he supposedly told that other person, which morphed into a rape threat or something? But that joke, as I recall, was a tiny bit edgy at best or tasteless at worst, and only became this terrible thing after someone utterly overreacted, and then others latched on in their witch of the week feeding frenzy.

And Zvan wants to stir it all up again, with the addition of casting dark aspersions on DJ's mental health?
Just in time for TAM, too.

The amount effort needed to unpack just one sentence out of Zvan's bloated, toady mess of a post is significant. Double plus ungood. The FCnts really do seem to hang many of their emphatically held beliefs about what constitutes as truth on the wobbly legs of gossip, rumor, and innuendo.

John D

Post by John D »

James Caruthers wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

Free speech is bad, even when the MRAs are paying a lot of money for the privilege. :snooty:
Backfire city here. If the organizers can effectively play the victim card here they will score big media points. :popcorn:

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Crap.
Dr. Strawkins post that I snipped is here:
viewtopic.php?p=189737#p189737

Sorry :)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Or that bears shit on AndrewV69's back porch.
:hankey:

James Caruthers

[youtube]bb5r0qwZ_cY[/youtube]

Omg you guys, this is absolutely horrible and offensive.

Dammit, why are my sides shaking? A patriarchal conspiracy is forcing me to smile and laugh in response to this well-timed gag! Oh fuck, now I'm chuckling! OH GOD THE PATRIARCHY HAS INFESTED MEEEEUUURRGHHGHG

James Caruthers

Are rape jokes funny? ARE THEY FUNNY, I ASK YOU

The world must settle this question for all time, so say the gods of Social Justice. In the name of Peezus Christ, Amen.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

deLurch wrote:
zenbabe wrote:Oaphie is just losing her ancient shriveled mind over being essentially ignored by the GSC.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... more-more/

What exactly is she offering to be in the good graces of this new organization?
Relief from the endless attacks she's launching at them?
Unlikely. They'll never be good enough for her until they attack and shun all the people she has deemed worthless.
If they give in, they'll lose control of the organization entirely and become a mere puppet for the FCunts, just like CFI.
Possible plays here:
1. In the phone call, tear into her ass for the shit she has been pulling on twitter and put her on the defensive where she belongs.
2. Tell her to fuck off.
3. Never to have made any kind of agreement to talk to her on the phone. Put it off. Drop it. Tell her you will have to reschedule. Treat her like the creepy guy that you are turning down for a date and just don't say anything or show up.

In the end, the only winning position with them is not to play. CFI almost got rid of them, but caved and threw them a bone. They have been leeching of CFI ever since and dragging them down.
I don't think they'll be able to put it off though, or at least, the pressure that comes from her posting about what day the meeting is scheduled for (Monday the 9th) will make it difficult to play much cat and mouse with the interview. Or maybe that's just my own curiosity influencing my hope that they do have the meeting as scheduled, and that whatever's said gets published somewhere, because how they handle this is going to be a big clue to what the FCnts can personally expect from the new organization. Will their power and influence expand or be diminished?

I hope she's told to fuck off!
What she's been pulling is such entitled, self-important bullshit

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

deLurch wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Yeah, now exchange "Global Secular Council" for "Freethought Blogs" and BAM, you're a Pitter, you dumb bitch. How can someone be this fucking oblivious? You are repeating pitter arguments, you ancient cow!

You repeatedly attack an organization and get butthurt when they very mildly insult you and then block you when you have a huge hissy fit over the mild insult. Now you demand they 100% capitulate and apologize, unblock you and all of your friends, answer your super important questions and allow you to continue attacking/bullying them with impunity.

I think Oafie is senile.

I know I keep posting "u mad" but her levels of ass inflammation are so out of proportion to the actual "offense."
BUT THIS IS ALL SHE HAS.

Seriously. People stopped calling her cunt because they got bored with it. She has no job. She has no respect. She has no prestige, even within the the FTB/Skepchick crowd. She lives off a minor stipend from a trust fund. No one wants to get near her for any kind of relationship.

This is the height of her career. To get upset when someone calls her Oafie. This is what her whole life has been driving to. This is the pinnacle of her success. This is what defines her. Oafie.
Don't you go plucking my heart strings, deLurch, goddammit!
Sigh.
..(a minute or two passes)..
Ok that's enough sympathy for the old oafish prune.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Or that bears shit on AndrewV69's back porch.
The kinky bastard.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

deLurch wrote: Seriously. People stopped calling her cunt because they got bored with it. She has no job. She has no respect. She has no prestige, even within the the FTB/Skepchick crowd. She lives off a minor stipend from a trust fund. No one wants to get near her for any kind of relationship.

Sad, yes. Pathetic actually. So why not leave the poor woman alone? You're only reinforcing her victimhood status.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

BarnOwl wrote:
:lol: :lol: :clap:
An Ape+Lust pic always produces a :banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-dance: moment :D
Too slender to be PeeZus, though.
Yeah, but the foot size looks still a bit too big ;)
I'm feeling especially oppressed by my normal-for-height-and-age BMI today - if I were on the lower side of normal BMI, biking and running uphill would be easier. 8 miles biking (hilly terrain) and 3.5 miles running (also hilly) this morning just about wiped me out, and it's only the beginning of 4-5 months of heat and humidity. Even losing a few pounds would make a difference.

I love to cook and I like to eat, unfortunately. The 5:2 Fast Diet is about as much as I can handle.
Maybe it was simply a bad day?
Grats on what you did, even if it wiped you out. You'll figure out your balance.
*pompoms*
I half empty the glass with you too though. My forays into running last week resulted in a fairly fucked knee which has forced me into treatment-mode. I'm going to have to approach the whole thing way more slowly than I wanted to.
http://www.whatevo.com/media/posts/grumpy-cat4.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

Or that bears shit on AndrewV69's back porch.
:hankey:
The only shit I have on my porch right now I suspect is squirrel shit. Which I not only just stepped on but smeared a section of the porch with before I noticed. Now I must enact the labour with the garden hose I suppose before it dries.

(I have been feeding nuts to the little fucker and I suppose no good deed goes unpunished?)

In any event, one can only conclude that bears and squirrels have something in common when it comes to shitting. They do it whenever and wherever.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Three things in common Andrew:
They do it whenever, whereever. And I'm not touching that.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Mr Radio wrote:Oh man what a beautiful Saturday morning. I'm gonna grab a cup of coffee and the newspaper and decide how I'm gonna spend this late spring day as soon as I catch up with this thre-
Oh yeah. Thats a woman, no doubt about it.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

(Oh shit, it happened again - the council favorited one of my other tweets - second shitstorm ahead ^^)

Really?

Post by Really? »

Pagancat wrote:
PUT THE FUCKING LOTION IN THE BASKET!
Hahahaha.

Precious? Preeeeeshus? DON'T YOU HURT MY DOG!

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Guest wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: massive snip

It has not been established beyond reasonable doubt that Grothe has lied in this case. He probably was disinclined to help Elyse and Jamie after he had quarrels with them.
at the time dj said that he simply did not have any additional contact information for those involved than the doctor already had used, who had tried calling them and emailing them and using website contact forms with no response. and as i recall they were decrying back at him "OMG WE ARE ON TWITTER" as if that was a magic answer to a doctor that does not use twitter

they did not "eventually hear from the guy" via a contact form. he already made attempts which they did not answer, and probably only checked that when they'd started in on dj on twitter, who relayed the various ways the doctor had reached out to them with no response from their totally professional setup
:lol:
What a clusterfuck.
How much fun it must be to attempt to deal professionally with the deranged, drunken, and disorganized.
Thanks for that

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

[tweet]475320903413149696[/tweet]
Perfect play. Their initial tweet was so ambigious, you couldn't convict them of obvious mockery.
I officially take my hat off towards the guy/gal who tweets for the GSC. I plan to learn a lot from that 10th dan black belt troll.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Wha.. scheiss

cunt

Post by cunt »

Council of the self appointed important people.

Really?

Post by Really? »

The sad thing about Zinnia is that if she weren't so unpleasant and crazy, none of us would give a shit about her being trans, right? I can't be the only one. If she were just a regular person who weren't so unpleasant, wouldn't we all just ignore her identity completely?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Guest wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:<snip>

This has a plausible ring to me. If true, it would mean that not Grothe but Jamie Bernstein was the actual liar in this affair.

It seems that Grothe's main crime was to support incompetent/pathologically vindictive people (Carry Poppie, Elyse wacko Anders, Jamie Bernstein), who turned against him the moment he realized that they were incompetent, only to discover that they were pathologically vindictive to boot.

Stephanie Zvan, sociopath? Fuck yeah!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Really? wrote:The sad thing about Zinnia is that if she weren't so unpleasant and crazy, none of us would give a shit about her being trans, right? I can't be the only one. If she were just a regular person who weren't so unpleasant, wouldn't we all just ignore her identity completely?
I honestly don't care if people identify as amphibians and like to fuck each other in a pond covered with duckweed. As long as I'm allowed not to participate.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

:D Rage Detector Ophelia has detected rage in Matt Dillahunty:

http://imgur.com/50ACCjW.png

If he'd hung on a few more minutes, he would have gotten the VICIOUS and SAVAGE trifecta. Now he'll have to start over.