Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Za-zen wrote:Confirmed:

What you have is a French Hotchkiss 37mm (37-85) pom pom shell most likely a MK2 explosive or Mk1 tracer. It is WW1 ordinance, most likely manufactured in either Pinchart Denys, Paris or Parc d' Artillerie de Paris.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotchkiss_gun

So in all likelihood doesn't date to the time the original owner spent on Tarawa.

Whether you decide to put in an oven, for shits and giggles, is now up to you.
The Japanese licensed a lot of Hotchkiss designs -- machine guns and cannons. And they had 37mm cannon and 37mm armed light tanks on Tarawa. Those could be Japanese rounds.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

'I'm waiting for you evidence your self right. That starts with evidencing basic definitions, and the concept you can be wrong. That means debate. If you can't be wrong, you preach.'
Jesus - I always thought it was one of those 'you can break google if you type...' kind of myths that you could actually break Nerd's firmware by asking him for a citation.

Dave

Post by Dave »

John D wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Annoying Pedant Mode = On

Actually, IIRC, Mensa only requires a 131 IQ (98th percentile) for membership -- just over 2 standard dev's from the norm. The DnD equivalent would only be a 16INT.
I think that 98% is a 17 or 18 on a 3D6 roll. Adding the 16 roll gets you to about 95%.

Here are the probabilities of rolling each die combination.
Probability of a sum of 3: 1/216 = 0.5%
Probability of a sum of 4: 3/216 = 1.4%
Probability of a sum of 5: 6/216 = 2.8%
Probability of a sum of 6: 10/216 = 4.6%
Probability of a sum of 7: 15/216 = 7.0%
Probability of a sum of 8: 21/216 = 9.7%
Probability of a sum of 9: 25/216 = 11.6%
Probability of a sum of 10: 27/216 = 12.5%
Probability of a sum of 11: 27/216 = 12.5%
Probability of a sum of 12: 25/216 = 11.6%
Probability of a sum of 13: 21/216 = 9.7%
Probability of a sum of 14: 15/216 = 7.0%
Probability of a sum of 15: 10/216 = 4.6%
Probability of a sum of 16: 6/216 = 2.8%
Probability of a sum of 17: 3/216 = 1.4%
Probability of a sum of 18: 1/216 = 0.5%
Adding the prob of a 17 (1.4%) and an 18 (,5%) equals 1.9%, which is almost exactly the 2% Mensa goal.
Yeah. Since a 3d6 has larger individual steps, I was using the lowest attribute value that would have part of the range int the top 2%. A 16 could be anywhere from 95.3%ile to 98.1%ile. So, "high" 16s could be Mensa members, although most 16s would not qualify, while all 17s and 18s would.

And with that, Im done translating DnD attributed into IQ.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tribble wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Confirmed:

What you have is a French Hotchkiss 37mm (37-85) pom pom shell most likely a MK2 explosive or Mk1 tracer. It is WW1 ordinance, most likely manufactured in either Pinchart Denys, Paris or Parc d' Artillerie de Paris.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotchkiss_gun

So in all likelihood doesn't date to the time the original owner spent on Tarawa.

Whether you decide to put in an oven, for shits and giggles, is now up to you.
The Japanese licensed a lot of Hotchkiss designs -- machine guns and cannons. And they had 37mm cannon and 37mm armed light tanks on Tarawa. Those could be Japanese rounds.
Good stuff, i was just about to look into whether the french sold them munitions before the outbreak of ww2, which would explain it being found on Tarawa, before i excluded that possibility. What is also a possibility, is that the Hotchkiss, with munition, was on Tarawa prior to japan's occupation.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tribble wrote:Anyone remember Wally "sockepuppet" Smith? The guy who wrote the 'community blog' "You're Not Helping."

Seeing Zinna Jones' hate-filled comments, the saying "You're not helping" popped into my head. So I decided to look him (Wally) up.

Even though he only graduated in 2011 he appears to be doing reasonably well if his CV is a reasonable guide: http://walterhsmith.files.wordpress.com ... v-2014.pdf And that's despite the people who tried to destroy his life by attacking him and trying to get him booted from his graduate program.

He's certainly not a has-been, like Myers who was one of his biggest enemies.

What I think is funnier, is that in all the personal attacks they even ripped his poetry and other things he's done as if he was as incompetent and untalented as his detractors. Even though he clearly has some talent* and was recently a semi-finalist for the James Hall Baker Memorial Prize in poetry:
By WALLY SMITH

POETRY SEMIFINALIST

When my grandfather earned enough money
he bought the county dump, and on it
built a century of tokens.

My youth, a child of bottles.
Blue liniment, brown liquor, Dr. Porter’s
Antiseptic Oil, a taxonomy of light

unearthed from his foundation of sand
and filtered through sunbeams, a kaleidoscoped
glimmer as their world began to fade.

In his later years Pop spoke of “haints,”
gray flashes of body forms passing
through the hallway, all shapes and sizes

but ever faceless, and while we knew
that all old men see things in their heads
as through fog from a distant summit

we worried if vapors had risen from the landfill
and triggered visions in a mind made weak
by refuse and time. Although I never saw

them, I knew he spoke truth, for as a child
I had read our future, embossed on a bottle
of rosewater: for bad and tender breasts,

sore eyes, chapped hands, and the cure of new
and old wounds, as if held against the right
amount of brightness we would come

into focus and move, briefly,
between the shadows of living
and the passing of light.

Wally Smith is an ecologist and poet (not necessarily in that order) originally from northern Georgia. His poetry and essays have appeared in numerous publications, most recently terrain.org and Town Creek Poetry. Smith is an assistant professor of biology at the University of Virginia’s College at Wise.
* YMMV, I actually kind of like it. It's certainly better than anything that's come from his critics. But you may think it sucks.

The politics of the personal. In this case, irrational animosity and destruction of those that don't agree. Only they failed, though they did (mostly) drive him from the atheist community. (Unless he's got a sock-puppet somewhere and keeping a low profile.)

I kind of have to say, beyond the sock-puppetry, Wally was (probably) more right than wrong as we've reaped the harvest of PZ Myers and his allies.
Wally was almost certainly not an atheist. I got the impression that he was a Christian who simply hated new atheism.
His main target was not Myers - or even Benson (although she, by far, was the one who took his actions personally), it was probably Jerry Coyne. I recall that his PhD supervisor was a friend of Coyne and Jerry even visited their department at one point.
His undoing came with his Tom Johnson sock puppet on Chris Mooney's blog when he made up crap about some new atheist scientific colleagues of his that were constantly quoting Jerry Coyne, and who went to a religious sponsored event on climate change and proceeded to act like knobends, destroying any chance of scientific outreach.
It was obvious to any scientist reading that this was bollocks - people get fired for that sort of thing. Even if you think a persons religious beliefs are nonsense, a religious sponsored climate change outreach event is not the venue to debate them.

He once called Ophelia a 'putrid twat' on his 'You're Not Helping' blog using one of his sock puppets - the same puppet who turned up on Mooneys blog. Ophelia demanded Mooney ban this commenter - he refused because he'd not done anything on that blog - leading to a predictable Ophelia freakout. Mooney then banned Ophelia - freeze peaching her into silence!
Of course Ophelia took this as a huge dishonor and Mooney was moved to her hate list and his refusal to allow her to answer criticisms on that comment section was regarded as a huge mistake.
Those of you with more than two brain cells will realize that this is exactly the scenario that Svan and Benson's 'freeze peach' strategy addresses and yet Ophelia took exactly the opposite viewpoint when it was HER who was being banned from a blog that criticized her.
Her hypocrisy on this matter is really quite breathtaking.

Anyway, in the end Wally overreached himself and his sockpuppeting was revealed - leading to Mooney eventually coming clean and admitting that a lot of his commenters had been Wally's socks.
Ophelia eventually doxxed him in order to force him to stop (or to try to get him tossed off his degree program - it wasn't clear)

The thing was that it took a large number of peope cooperating together to expose his activities - and many of the people involved, those who stood up for and supported her are now on Ophelias hate list, having been stabbed in the back by her at the first opportunity.

The real irony of the Wally Smith situation is that he spent a huge amount of effort trolling the atheist community, trying to create divisions, when all he really needed to do was to say "nice tits" or "you're pretty" to Watson or McCreight and he'd have kicked off the schism two years early with little or no effort expended.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
He forgot lube.
You would need a lot with a vag that size

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-W ... B005MR3IVO

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dave wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Za-zen wrote:By the way, it is possible that the round is HE, and not solid shot, one way to test that would be....... No don't do that, get it checked.
What?....What? Hit it with a hammer? Okay, here goes......
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! DONT DO THAT!

You are a pitter.

Use a screwdriver. Preferably dual-wielding with your thumbs over the necks.
Fuck the screwdriver. Use the shell to drive in a nail.
bugs.gif
(285.21 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Ahhh, the Japanese produced their own Type 11 37 mm Infantry Support Gun, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_11_37_mm_Infantry_Gun modeled on the french Canon d'Infanterie de 37 modèle 1916 TRP.

The shell, is most definitely French produced though, we can confirm that from the pattern (even though there is little left to see under the encrustation).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
He forgot lube.
You would need a lot with a vag that size

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-W ... B005MR3IVO
Anyway, why did Germany erect a statue in honor of Taslima Nasreen?

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Hahahahaha!

You should use your hipster twitter account to infiltrate the social justice wankers over on FTB. Maybe you can be the next "nanoboy" or "demisexual" guy. Create some fake bullshit condition and then get them all to adopt it as their next big cause. :dance:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
The corollary is also the case - she is apt to become smitten with people if they do something she likes - which in almost all cases is praising her - which explains why she holds tight to her regular arse-licking commenters, even the halfwit nincompoops like Latsot and Improbable Joe.
It's an affront to halfwit nincompoops to compare them to Latsot and Improbable Joe.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dick Strawkins wrote: He once called Ophelia a 'putrid twat' on his 'You're Not Helping' blog using one of his sock puppets - the same puppet who turned up on Mooneys blog. Ophelia demanded Mooney ban this commenter - he refused because he'd not done anything on that blog - leading to a predictable Ophelia freakout. Mooney then banned Ophelia - freeze peaching her into silence!
Of course Ophelia took this as a huge dishonor and Mooney was moved to her hate list and his refusal to allow her to answer criticisms on that comment section was regarded as a huge mistake.
Hahahaa - Jebus, what a fucking soap-opera it all is. Still, much more entertaining than Corrie or EastfuckinEnders, I'll give it that.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anyway, why did Germany erect a statue in honor of Taslima Nasreen?
:rimshot:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

http://37.media.tumblr.com/95d0e20025d0 ... 1_1280.jpg

How dare someone suggest to stick dicks in asses of people who don't like dicks? Rape apologist! Scum! Douchecanoe! Die in a fire! With rusty porcupines!

...no wait, it's a trans* suggesting the ass-rape of white cis hetero scum. Oh. All well, then. Punching down like a motherfucker, yo!

Notice Me Senpai!~

Post by Notice Me Senpai!~ »

Can anyone help? I don't remember the password to my account and the gmail associated with it is non-existent now. I've tried about 10 times.

Casual Nemesis

Post by Casual Nemesis »

James Caruthers wrote:http://37.media.tumblr.com/95d0e20025d0 ... 1_1280.jpg

This did the rounds on a generic (not atheist) anti-SJW tumblr account I keep an eye on.

Zinnia really does sound like a hate-filled bigot. The tumblr account owner joked that the tweets were more than a little rapey. Someone doesn't like dicks, so you tell them to fucking stuff some dicks up their ass already. A bit like telling a lesbian that a few penises in her vagina will fix her.

:cdc:
So, they've gone from "My body, my choice" to "Get over yourself and take it in the ass". Consistently inconsistent in true SJL style.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Notice Me Senpai!~ wrote:Can anyone help? I don't remember the password to my account and the gmail associated with it is non-existent now. I've tried about 10 times.
[youtube]9I5iugfTiIk[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

AndrewV69 wrote:If you read the personal stories in the Manosphere long enough you will come to the conclusion that most women are like that. Or you could read the Daily Mail I suppose?
And that is a problem. Kind of like people being afraid to leave their house or go to certain neighborhoods because of all of the murders in town they see in the news. Hell, it's a right scary warzone out there! But it isn't the norm. So you get MRA sites dumping story after story of horrible actions by women, and suddenly you get a skewed view of the world. I think that is what a bulk of this "red pill" bullshit is boils down to. And feminist sites tend to be pretty much the same. Story after story of rape and how bad men are, and suddenly every man is a potential rapist, and that little boy you are raising is the enemy.

The only solution to this is to look at the real statistics about how probable this stuff is, go hang out in the "bad horrible dangerous" neighborhoods and spend time with real people instead of reading the select few stories of how a few nutbars act.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Notice Me Senpai!~ wrote:Can anyone help? I don't remember the password to my account and the gmail associated with it is non-existent now. I've tried about 10 times.
[youtube]3_gst-Ryh3g[/youtube]

Notice Me Senpai!~

Tony, there's nothing there... and I'd prefer moderator help.

Maybe I'll have to wait for Lsuoma.
BTW Lsuoma, do you watch that show? The bad things about that girl don't really have anything to do with forums. She used to be a bully, and accidentally blinded a girl. Also currently being hunted down.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
[youtube]9I5iugfTiIk[/youtube]
[youtube]
NGrLb6W5YOM[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

fuck it

[youtube]NGrLb6W5YOM[/youtube]

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I once upset a girlfriend, many years ago, by calling Celine Dion a Beaver Brand Ditch Pig.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

BillHamp wrote: Just to be an asshole, I'm going to point out that the first one is wearing a Tribly ...
Is that what you wear when you listen to heavy metal, Bill ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAF1eELjxzM

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The only solution to this is to look at the real statistics about how probable this stuff is, go hang out in the "bad horrible dangerous" neighborhoods and spend time with real people instead of reading the select few stories of how a few nutbars act.
This. I never listen to "activists" anymore, no matter their affiliation, because they always try to manipulate you and make you fear their enemies by telling you that you're surrounded by armed bastards ( :geek: ) . I've met a couple of loonies (men and women) in my life, but most people I've been friends with, and most women I've dated, are pretty reasonable folks. I may disagree with them, even find them annoying or irrational at times, but once I get to know them well I know I can trust them.

If you meet many people you get to find a nutbar once in a while, but they're the minority. After you get burnt a couple of times (when you're young and naive) you learn to notice the red flags and avoid the most obvious nutcases. Of course you can never be 100% sure of anything, and even "normal" people can hurt you, but if you build a decent social network of real people you can find a good balance between the bouts of annoying people drama and the good stuff.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Za-zen wrote:Ahhh, the Japanese produced their own Type 11 37 mm Infantry Support Gun, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_11_37_mm_Infantry_Gun modeled on the french Canon d'Infanterie de 37 modèle 1916 TRP.

The shell, is most definitely French produced though, we can confirm that from the pattern (even though there is little left to see under the encrustation).
The Japanese supplied their troops with some truly dismal shit in WWII. Including pistols designed around pissant little cartridges and, for some reason tiny trigger guards. There was one, I think, that even with the larger 'winter' trigger guard (designed for use while wearing gloves in theory) simply couldn't be used by some men. They also issued pistol magazines with wooden bases, which my Encyclopaedia of Small Arms stated: "meant that the magazine could only be extracted if the users hands were perfectly dry." So, ideal in jungle warfare.

My favourite though, has to be the Type 97 AT Rifle This thing has an all-up weight of 150lbs. It was intended to be carried by four men using detachable handles like two pairs of bicycle handlebars. Even with all that mass, the recoil on the bugger was so fierce that, in addition to the front bi-pod, it was fitted with a rear mono-pod. That, plus the weight, meant meant that the gunner couldn't traverse it. So he was restricted to engaging tanks that were driving at him!

The Wikipedia entry gets one thing wrong, by saying it was semi-auto. In fact, it was full auto only. Once again the Encyclopaedia of Small Arms adopted a somewhat ironical tone:
In the hands of a particularly large and determined gunner, accuracy was quite reasonable for the first round.
Which means, of course, that the other 6 rounds go god-knows-where; the gunner gets wagged about like a puppy's tail and having given away his position and emptied the magazine he has to round up three other blokes to help him move the thing.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

This did the rounds on a generic (not atheist) anti-SJW tumblr account I keep an eye on.

Zinnia really does sound like a hate-filled bigot. The tumblr account owner joked that the tweets were more than a little rapey. Someone doesn't like dicks, so you tell them to fucking stuff some dicks up their ass already. A bit like telling a lesbian that a few penises in her vagina will fix her.

It's not gay if you just relax and assume the dick in your ass is one of those female-identifying macro-clits. But then I guess you'd only get half-credit for trying to lose your straight dude hang ups.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

real horrorshow wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Ahhh, the Japanese produced their own Type 11 37 mm Infantry Support Gun, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_11_37_mm_Infantry_Gun modeled on the french Canon d'Infanterie de 37 modèle 1916 TRP.

The Japanese supplied their troops with some truly dismal shit in WWII. Including pistols designed around pissant little cartridges and, for some reason tiny trigger guards. There was one, I think, that even with the larger 'winter' trigger guard (designed for use while wearing gloves in theory) simply couldn't be used by some men. They also issued pistol magazines with wooden bases, which my Encyclopaedia of Small Arms stated: "meant that the magazine could only be extracted if the users hands were perfectly dry." So, ideal in jungle warfare.

My favourite though, has to be the Type 97 AT Rifle This thing has an all-up weight of 150lbs. It was intended to be carried by four men using detachable handles like two pairs of bicycle handlebars. Even with all that mass, the recoil on the bugger was so fierce that, in addition to the front bi-pod, it was fitted with a rear mono-pod. That, plus the weight, meant meant that the gunner couldn't traverse it. So he was restricted to engaging tanks that were driving at him!

The Wikipedia entry gets one thing wrong, by saying it was semi-auto. In fact, it was full auto only. Once again the Encyclopaedia of Small Arms adopted a somewhat ironical tone:
In the hands of a particularly large and determined gunner, accuracy was quite reasonable for the first round.
Which means, of course, that the other 6 rounds go god-knows-where; the gunner gets wagged about like a puppy's tail and having given away his position and emptied the magazine he has to round up three other blokes to help him move the thing.
They adopted a lot of western military practice, except for the idea, of giving your troops a fighting chance to survive. They never really understood the value of that philosophy in practical terms.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

Golly, you sure are a meanie to our little innocent angel, aren't you Papa Parsehole?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Notice Me Senpai!~ wrote:Tony, there's nothing there... and I'd prefer moderator help.

Maybe I'll have to wait for Lsuoma.
BTW Lsuoma, do you watch that show? The bad things about that girl don't really have anything to do with forums. She used to be a bully, and accidentally blinded a girl. Also currently being hunted down.
You gain wisdom.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Clarence wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

Golly, you sure are a meanie to our little innocent angel, aren't you Papa Parsehole?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Clazza? Sometimes I fear you.

BillHamp

Post by BillHamp »

John D wrote:

Jesus H Christ. My super conservative relatives are once again proven to be right (well.... at least in a way). Most of us normal people laugh when conservatives complain that the left is trying to make people gay. Then, they are proven right by some fucking radical ass fucker. Xe is actually calling me a bigot because I have no interest in someone putting their dick in my ass. My wife doesn't like anal sex either.... what the fuck does that make her? It boggles the mind.
I have know women who love anal sex and those who won't consider. The same is true of gay men - some like anal and some don't. They stick other things. Finally, there are straight men who like anal (dildos, fingers, etc.). Liking of disliking anal has little to do with being gay/straight and a whole lot to do with how sensitive your asshole is, personal boundaries, ideas of sanitation, etc. Zinnia is the only one making this a gender identity/sexual orientation issue. The rest of the sane world views it as a preference that anyone express one way or the other regardless of their LGBTQS status. Note I added the S for straight. Why is it just LGBTQ? Why not show how much you support equality and add the S? My sexual orientation is heterosexual. I was born with it just like some people were born with a homosexual orientation. Why not be inclusive? Why are so many of these groups about hating someone else as part of their identity?

BillHamp

Post by BillHamp »

piginthecity wrote:
BillHamp wrote: Just to be an asshole, I'm going to point out that the first one is wearing a Tribly ...
Is that what you wear when you listen to heavy metal, Bill ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAF1eELjxzM
Absolutely. That and any time I have tea with the Queen and we listen to metal together.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Speaking of activists:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mona-shat ... 04031.html

Note the bolded part of the comment below:

Megan Greeson · Michigan State University
"Tami--Thanks for your comment. In response to your first comment, the particular study that George/Perry cited doesn't differentiate reporting to campus police vs. local police vs. both. From work with victims, I can say that yes, some of them do, but I can't give precise figures because the study didn't collect them. The broader point is that he is comparing apples to oranges. In response to your second comment, you are correct, the one in five statistic refers to the number of women that have been sexually assaulted since beginning college, not simply the ones that were on campus and the original researchers clearly report it that way Other statistics/research would need to be used to get at the specific number that occur on university campuses to look at the issue of how safe people are while on campus."

Note the fuckers basically admit they have no idea how many college age women are raped on college campuses, which was the context of my most recent argument with Grape Jam.
They also, of course, fail to mention that the number of rapes from college women reported to your average police department is miniscule as well, so the numbers still don't add up. Which is also what I tried to get into our resident Jar of Jams head.

No matter which way you look at it, the numbers never add up, they never HAVE added up (and I was looking at numbers about this shit over 15 years ago) and I suspect lots of shenanigans on the part of the surveyors.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

To Tigzy:
In answer to your most recent post on my whys, reasons, and wherefors:
self-defense.

I can't believe you totally missed that. Either you can't read or you were just trolling.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:If you read the personal stories in the Manosphere long enough you will come to the conclusion that most women are like that. Or you could read the Daily Mail I suppose?
And that is a problem. Kind of like people being afraid to leave their house or go to certain neighborhoods because of all of the murders in town they see in the news. Hell, it's a right scary warzone out there! But it isn't the norm. So you get MRA sites dumping story after story of horrible actions by women, and suddenly you get a skewed view of the world. I think that is what a bulk of this "red pill" bullshit is boils down to. And feminist sites tend to be pretty much the same. Story after story of rape and how bad men are, and suddenly every man is a potential rapist, and that little boy you are raising is the enemy.

Only problem is some areas really are warzones even in Vancouver but they are easily avoided. Then there are some pretty good high trust areas. Like where I live for example.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Clazza? Sometimes I fear you.
Really? I thought you wanted me to guard the gate against the Eucliwood sexy dark drowl, while we both wait for Gondor and Gandolf.
Still, as we face near-certain death on the same side of Helms Deep, I take comfort in the fact that if Papa Smurf -er, Parsehole fears me, than perhaps Gargamel will as well!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Yes, Zinnia, it's the straight dudes and their ridiculous hang-ups that are to blame. Cuz your only issue is your shit luck of being issued the wrong body at birth.

Fuck off.
Notice the parallelism. For womyn born womyn it's all about the vagina. For Zinnia, it's all about the shit-hole.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Clarence wrote:To Tigzy:
self-defense.

I can't believe you totally missed that. Either you can't read or you were just trolling.
It is known Tigzy be trollin. I trolled him and he trolled right back.

And now for something different:

[youtube]3YcNzHOBmk8[/youtube]

Opyt

Re: Calling all gun nuts

Post by Opyt »

Hunt wrote:<Snip, loose round found in garage>
Hunt, I'm pretty sure the biggest danger from that is probably tetanus, the little hole in the back assuming it goes into a cavity means that the propellant was removed, so it's the equivalent of a dummy round. On the other hand, if it's just an indent, it's a dud. In general ammunition is pretty safe to handle, just don't throw it in a fire (we did have idiots that did that with their .50 cal rounds after coming back from a patrol in Afghanistan), or hit them with intent to shatter them (you can probably run over it with a mack truck and not have it go off). I'm not familiar with that particular type of round but in general, especially if it were on a boat, you'd want it to be as safe as possible for the people transporting it, as even though soldiers may have been considered "cheap", boats typically weren't. and I doubt you're going to find roads rougher than the Pacific.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

self-defense.
You like Vox Day because of...self-defense.

Wut????

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tigzy wrote:
self-defense.

Wut????
Self-defense against haters. You see, both Clarence and Vox Day are persecuted by the linch mob of the SJW, therefore there's no option but to like him. Forget the bigoted shit about women, gays, the Mengelesque rhetoric about healing lesbians with the power of the cock; the SJW horde wants to silence Vox Day, so if you don't want them to silence you next, you have to stand for the bigoted douche and support him running against a SJ-approved guy on some literary prize or something.

Remember: next time a Republican goes on TV talking about how women who were legitimately raped (and not some dumb slut having rough unmarital sex) can't get pregnant because their bodies know when they were truly raped and shut down the whole thing, show them some support - the evil SJL might go for you, after all, if you don't make some allies.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

BillHamp wrote:I have know women who love anal sex and those who won't consider. The same is true of gay men - some like anal and some don't. They stick other things. Finally, there are straight men who like anal (dildos, fingers, etc.). Liking of disliking anal has little to do with being gay/straight and a whole lot to do with how sensitive your asshole is, personal boundaries, ideas of sanitation, etc. Zinnia is the only one making this a gender identity/sexual orientation issue.[/qoute]

Because s/h/it is having a pop at "ridiculous straight dude hangups". If you're having a pop at (cis white) straight males any tactic is allowed. As the progenitors of all that is wrong in the world, the fact that some straight dudes don't want to do something is enough to make it clear that they be forced to do it. And bodily autonomy? It's okay when we do it. Try tweeting Zinnia with some suggestions about what should be forced up s/h/it's arse, and you'll see what I mean.
The rest of the sane world views it as a preference that anyone express one way or the other regardless of their LGBTQS status. Note I added the S for straight. Why is it just LGBTQ? Why not show how much you support equality and add the S? My sexual orientation is heterosexual. I was born with it just like some people were born with a homosexual orientation. Why not be inclusive? Why are so many of these groups about hating someone else as part of their identity?
There you've hit on the essence of it. The whole Cult of Identarianism is about what (or who) you're against. It's important to identify yourself by as many minority labels as possible, because minorities lack privilege and lack of privilege = victimhood points. The more ways you can find to assign yourself victimhood the more categories of people you get to say "shut the fuck up and listen" to. If you're talking about sexuality, letting straight people into your gang is a disaster. About 95% of people are straight, where's the victimhood in that?

All that LGBTQ is a bit passée these days frankly. You want to go with something like genderqueer. No one really knows what the fuck it means and you can keep the details hazy. Just remember to get really angry if anyone assumes that just because you look, dress, talk and act like X, that you are in fact X. Now, you just need to make up your own pronouns and get really angry at people who don't use them, even if you haven't said what they are. And you're ready for the Oppression Olympics.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

To be fair, if I remember right Zinnia was mad because hetero males have a separate word for getting boned in the ass by their girlfriends. She figures there's no reason for "pegging" other than gay fear. She was grousing about them, not people who aren't into anal.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:I still don't get the Eucli hate after reading the relevant posts.
I don't think anyone here hates Eucli.

It is more that a number of us have run across people in our lives that pull nuclear threats like that (both men & women) when things are not going their way. Some of them will actually follow through on their threats no matter how batshit or detrimental it turns our for themselves. They are walking shit storms.

Now I can see her side of the story. Young, lack of experience, enjoys 4chan style humor, just pulling of a joke (or several jokes) that didn't play off so well in text. Also an underage person asking for dick pics is problematic if someone was unaware that she was under age. All is good amongst consenting adults. But she wasn't an adult. That isn't something you want to touch with a 10 ft pole. And many of the adults here were being flirty with each other, or at least being jokingly flirty. It didn't play well for her to do the same, especially if someone didn't know her age.

Now the problem with people saying they are just joking, is that the walking shit storms I referred to earlier constantly say that too. And then they turn around a few weeks later & pull the same shit again & again until you wise up and cut them out of your life. And people tend to learn it's just better to cut people like that the first time they play those games because it doesn't get any better. It's just a matter of time.

I am not angry with Eucil, and actually due to her age and lack of life experience & love of 4chan style humor am more willing than not to chalk it up to lack of knowledge & maturity. And I am more willing to give her a pass than I would a full grown adult who acts that way. But for right now, I'm going to give it a wait & see approach.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

: cdc :
Can you picture Zinnia conveying that same message to all her fellow FtB-bloggers on the listserve? Greta might acknowledge her own experiences with appreciation but I'm gonna guess most of the others would pucker up tight, rather than offer to be the first in line to try it out.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Southern wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
self-defense.

Wut????
Self-defense against haters. You see, both Clarence and Vox Day are persecuted by the linch mob of the SJW, therefore there's no option but to like him. Forget the bigoted shit about women, gays, the Mengelesque rhetoric about healing lesbians with the power of the cock; the SJW horde wants to silence Vox Day, so if you don't want them to silence you next, you have to stand for the bigoted douche and support him running against a SJ-approved guy on some literary prize or something.

Remember: next time a Republican goes on TV talking about how women who were legitimately raped (and not some dumb slut having rough unmarital sex) can't get pregnant because their bodies know when they were truly raped and shut down the whole thing, show them some support - the evil SJL might go for you, after all, if you don't make some allies.
Hahahaaa - oh blimey, Clarence, is that seriously your line of reasoning?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Mykeru wrote:I just noticed something about my online shopping for people profile. As soon as I changed my height to 6'3" I suddenly got a flood of "viewed me".
These women must be using "6'+" as a search filter. I checked, but there doesn't seem to be a "big titty" equivalent for guys.
Online profiles should stop having people list their body time as athletic, average, fat, curvy etc. They should list BMI or bodyfat %.

Notice Me Senpai

Post by Notice Me Senpai »

FTR, that "dick pic request" thing, it was an obvious pun, people took advantage that, I didn't see it coming, and the people that said I was actually interested in dick pics are dishonest whores. >.> I've never been interested in dick pics. And I never used "pedo crimes" in my lashbacks.

Now where are the moderators... I still can't log in, you know? :/

Post by Guest »

Wow, BMI? Body fat %?

Nothnx. I don't even want to know mine. I'd rather list my height/weight if they want specifics.
CW: 135 (4?)
GW: 130
UGW: 115/110

*SIIIIIGH*

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Tigzy wrote:
Southern wrote:

Hahahaaa - oh blimey, Clarence, is that seriously your line of reasoning?
For the most part. It has nothing to do with a Hugo, though if he DID win the amount of SJW head-ragey explodey stuff would be hilarious.

They hate me and others colored like me and they seek via their control of traditional publishing organs to control ideas they disagree with.
They are losing that battle due to self-publishing and most readers not wanting every goddamn book to have to push this approved message or that.

So really, Tigzy, I don't care if you or Southern get on board or not, because the SJW's in science fiction are busy deligitimizing the prizes and organizations that they fought so hard to swing to their ideology. In short, it looks like not only are they losing, but they've already lost. Readers are increasingly moving elsewhere as are the authors themselves, making the traditional publishers and their (currently captured) writing associations increasingly irrelevant.

What I find interesting is your ridiculous idea that because someone has personal viewpoints you don't like that somehow legitimizes mass character assassinations against them and personal and economic attacks. Let us all agree that Vox Day deserves to have a rusty spokesgay shoved up his ass: that still doesn't mean he should be denied defense esp from a bunch of people who have, and are, already going after far bigger and more established science fiction authors and authoresses simply for daring to put story and personal integrity over political message.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Now where are the moderators... I still can't log in, you know? :/
Well, I'm a moderator, but I am a stupid moderator. And not only do I not know how to do what you want done, I don't even know if I can do it -- mod permissions-wise, that is.

So, there you go.

Notice Me Senpai!~

My bad, the above weight-conscious person was me posting without my make-shift guestname.

Notice Me Senpai!~

"What I find interesting is your ridiculous idea that because someone has personal viewpoints you don't like that somehow legitimizes mass character assassinations against them and personal and economic attacks. Let us all agree that Vox Day deserves to have a rusty spokesgay shoved up his ass: that still doesn't mean he should be denied defense esp from a bunch of people who have, and are, already going after far bigger and more established science fiction authors and authoresses simply for daring to put story and personal integrity over political message."

Hey, Clarence, question: By character assassinations, do you mean defamation, aka lies? What are the attacks too? If they're lies I'd join the defense team too. Defending facts, not people.

John Greg, you seem to be listed as a sub-village idiot. That means stupid moderator then?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

TFBCon is on its way: http://freethoughtblogs.com/brutereason ... y-july-22/

I still think someone from here should pony up and offer, incognito, of course, their ideas for a panel. What fun that would be to have a TFBCon panel hosted by a Pit person. :dance:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

John Greg, you seem to be listed as a sub-village idiot.
Huh? Where's that then?

Grwd

Post by Grwd »

I kind of understand what Clarence is getting at. Looks like he is building on the idea that to defend free speech you need to start defending the ugliest speech first. It's not like Clarence is endorsing this guy. And if they are really LYING about him, then of course you should speak against it. You could be next.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Notice Me Senpai!~ wrote:"What I find interesting is your ridiculous idea that because someone has personal viewpoints you don't like that somehow legitimizes mass character assassinations against them and personal and economic attacks. Let us all agree that Vox Day deserves to have a rusty spokesgay shoved up his ass: that still doesn't mean he should be denied defense esp from a bunch of people who have, and are, already going after far bigger and more established science fiction authors and authoresses simply for daring to put story and personal integrity over political message."

Hey, Clarence, question: By character assassinations, do you mean defamation, aka lies? What are the attacks too? If they're lies I'd join the defense team too. Defending facts, not people.

John Greg, you seem to be listed as a sub-village idiot. That means stupid moderator then?
The three main lies (one might be considered, generously, a difference of opinion and one a simple lazy ASSumption)
1. Vox was kicked out of the SFWA due to abusing the SFWA official or unofficial (honestly, it's been awhile and I'm confused bout that) twitter account.
You can find tons more including documents at his blog, I really don't want to rehash the whole thing. The basic point, is he violated no existing rule, they just wanted an excuse.
2. Vox is a white male.
Simple laziness on the SJW's part, I suppose.
3. Basically the people whinging about how he spoke to N.K. Jemisin (a racist in her own right) never mention either the full context of his comment, nor indeed who started the insult-flinging. It's both ITS OK WHEN WE DO IT and a bit of stuff from the "Dongle Gate" affair where it is hardly ever mentioned by the SJW feminists that not only did Richards tweet the guys pics to the PyCon staff, she went on her Twitter or her blog the next day and put up their pic to all her 'friends' - which resulted in pressure that basically lost the one developer guy his job.
It's hypocrisy and Half the Story, which I tend to count as a lie.