Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
DaveDodo007

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by DaveDodo007 »

piginthecity wrote:How's this for a 'Law':

Anyone who uses the expression 'status quo' who is not discussing the topic of 'inexplicably popular British rock bands of the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's' is a complete wanker.
I like it. :D

Sorry I'll get my coat. :(

Post by Guest »

deLurch wrote:
didymos wrote: Call up Tipper Gore and get this moral panic going! She's probably bored these days.
Not just that. It's the movies! And the comics! And that rock n' roll music! And those books!

Or maybe Paul needs to wake up and recognize that some content is flagged for public consumption based on age and it is up to parents (but shop keepers do play their parts better than the parents), to determine what they think is appropriate for their child. Heck, if he doesn't like the standard parental advisories, there are several Christian groups that review and heck even censor content to fit the puritanical desires as one such as Paul.
I find it hugely ironic that the gaming community collectively told Jack Thompson to do one, then when the exact same argument but with muhsogyny is put forward by Jack-Thompson-with-a-gender-studies-degree-and-a-vagina, it rolls over.

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

And I forgot to log in. Derp.

*hides*

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

James Caruthers wrote:
feathers wrote:The commenters tend to eviscerate Erin McKelle's article by the way.
Transparent attention whoring that conceals massive body image and confidence issues.

I just wish she could be less of an obnoxious git about it. If she dressed normally and wasn't so confrontational, I'm willing to bet most people would treat her just fine.

And people starting isn't "objectification." As many of the (female) posters pointed out, people stare at motorcycle accidents and roadkill, too.
I don't quite get the logic of promoting "fat acceptance" while bellowing at anyone who looks at you for supposedly "objectifying".

How are people meant to become aware of something new and different (which a fat chick wearing revealing clothing is, apparently) if they can't fucking observe it because *muh oppresshunz*

feathers

Post by feathers »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Well he claims to be of Norwegian descent.
But still, Skatje is not a Scandinavian name - at least not a common one. Googling it mainly brings up Ms Myers.
It sounds like a modification of the Russian girls name "Katia" - or the dutch word for kitten 'katje'.
I didn't say 'skatje' is Scandinavian, I said 'skat' is, while -je is Dutch. The Dutch word 'schatje' (compare German 'Schätzchen') is an existent, common word. PZ seems to have mixed up both languages, and I wonder if that was on purpose.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Well he claims to be of Norwegian descent.
But still, Skatje is not a Scandinavian name - at least not a common one. Googling it mainly brings up Ms Myers.
It sounds like a modification of the Russian girls name "Katia" - or the dutch word for kitten 'katje'.
Looks to me like a bastardized version of the Dutch schatje, spelled like how an average American would pronounce it*. 'Schatje' means something like 'little darling'.

* The 'ch' should actually sound as in the Scottish 'loch'.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Was I or wasn't I ninja'd?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest wrote:
deLurch wrote:
didymos wrote: Call up Tipper Gore and get this moral panic going! She's probably bored these days.
Not just that. It's the movies! And the comics! And that rock n' roll music! And those books!

Or maybe Paul needs to wake up and recognize that some content is flagged for public consumption based on age and it is up to parents (but shop keepers do play their parts better than the parents), to determine what they think is appropriate for their child. Heck, if he doesn't like the standard parental advisories, there are several Christian groups that review and heck even censor content to fit the puritanical desires as one such as Paul.
I find it hugely ironic that the gaming community collectively told Jack Thompson to do one, then when the exact same argument but with muhsogyny is put forward by Jack-Thompson-with-a-gender-studies-degree-and-a-vagina, it rolls over.
It is the same principle but there's even less reason why it should be a problem. There's plenty of games where violence is a key feature - you cannot play them without killing probably more opponents than the average toll of about ten serial killers. But games where sexual violence is essential?
Are there any mainstream games where this is the case?
Yes, I guess if you have the ability to control characters and kill any other character you meet in the game there is the possibility that a true misogynist could play the game as a virtual Marc Lepine - although you will not be playing it the way it was designed or intended and your actions would no contribute towards the completion of the game.
But to ban a game because of this possibility is like banning pens because some sociopath might use one to write a threatening letter.

Paul Fidalgo was making a very bad argument about games and seems to have no idea that it was Sarkheesian herself who killed and positioned the bodies of the women in that Hitman game - it wasn't an intended scene from the story arc.
He then went and had a hissy fit when people started to make gaming jokes on his twitter timeline.
Boo fucking hoo.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Dworkins Unplugged. wrote:
Wel done Atheism Plus, you are a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps you can use the money from this fundraiser to buy some fucking spoons for your next fundraiser.
Erm, this may be a silly question, but...

...why didn't anyone actually from the A+ forum contribute?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Anita Sarkessian has no knowledge whatsoever how video games work, or stories in general. Also, rain wets concrete and if there is a shotgun over the couch, then it must be fired by the end of the story. Everything in a story should be functional, either directly or indirectly (as a red herring), and the elements support the story, not the other way around. In that sense, her basic premise that some video game character must have personality otherwise they were just mere objects not just falls apart: it explodes -- like a house of cards. Well, you get the idea. I understand why her videos are popular and a talking point, but at the same time deep down hope we just have an emperor's clothes situation where everyone sees it, but nobody says anything due to bully tactics of the social justice warriors.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Has The Telegraph been a feminist rag for very long or have they just started?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... oblem.html

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Cabal (if that really was you lol skepticism):
It's not "irony", but it's also not "the gaming community"; it's just the SJL element of it.
Dick Strawkins:
I'd say that there are only a handful of games where you death toll isn't higher than that of a small battle. And most games that center around shooting people also have a death toll higher than the "worst years" of both OIF & OEF (Iraq & Afghanistan) within the first two or three missions. But that's just nitpicking.

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

Opyt wrote:Cabal (if that really was you lol skepticism):
It's not "irony", but it's also not "the gaming community"; it's just the SJL element of it.
Yes, fair point. I'm a gamer after all, and I'm not some hypocritical SJW shitstain.

I do wish this crowd would just fuck off and interfere with someone else's hobbies though.

Or even just the first part would be nice.

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

Dick Strawkins wrote:It is the same principle but there's even less reason why it should be a problem. There's plenty of games where violence is a key feature - you cannot play them without killing probably more opponents than the average toll of about ten serial killers. But games where sexual violence is essential?
Yes, I guess if you have the ability to control characters and kill any other character you meet in the game there is the possibility that a true misogynist could play the game as a virtual Marc Lepine - although you will not be playing it the way it was designed or intended and your actions would no contribute towards the completion of the game.
But to ban a game because of this possibility is like banning pens because some sociopath might use one to write a threatening letter.
I entirely agree. It reminds me a bit of the Elliott Rodger scenario - a chap who was essentially misanthropic all round and took it out on both men and women, but his attack was primarly described as "misogynistic" because holy shit, something bad happened to a woman.

Same thing seems to be going on here - you can kill ANY npc in that game (but don't necessarily have to), but some of them are female and have sexualised clothing?!?! Pearlclutchapalooza.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Has The Telegraph been a feminist rag for very long or have they just started?
What I took away from that editorial:
"Don't tell me not to stand on hot coals. Tell the hot coals not to burn me when I step on them barefoot."
I'm pretty sure "rape is a crime" and "rape is bad" is a pretty commonly held thing for the Western World. Although given the shock tactics I keep hearing about Muslim communities in the UK, I don't even know any more.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Aneris wrote:Anita Sarkessian has no knowledge whatsoever how video games work, or stories in general. Also, rain wets concrete and if there is a shotgun over the couch, then it must be fired by the end of the story. Everything in a story should be functional, either directly or indirectly (as a red herring), and the elements support the story, not the other way around. In that sense, her basic premise that some video game character must have personality otherwise they were just mere objects not just falls apart: it explodes -- like a house of cards. Well, you get the idea. I understand why her videos are popular and a talking point, but at the same time deep down hope we just have an emperor's clothes situation where everyone sees it, but nobody says anything due to bully tactics of the social justice warriors.
Anyone that plays games will know she is not a gamer and her work is dishonest. It's a shame as the money could have been spent on intelligent and thoughtful work instead of squandered on the usual hysterical rhetoric and lies. I understand Watson is a gamer, I wonder if she has commented on the videos?

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Has The Telegraph been a feminist rag for very long or have they just started?
the real problem will be when someone finds a way to put rohypnol into nail varnish O_o

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Cabal wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:It is the same principle but there's even less reason why it should be a problem. There's plenty of games where violence is a key feature - you cannot play them without killing probably more opponents than the average toll of about ten serial killers. But games where sexual violence is essential?
I entirely agree. It reminds me a bit of the Elliott Rodger scenario - a chap who was essentially misanthropic all round and took it out on both men and women, but his attack was primarly described as "misogynistic" because holy shit, something bad happened to a woman.

Same thing seems to be going on here - you can kill ANY npc in that game (but don't necessarily have to), but some of them are female and have sexualised clothing?!?! Pearlclutchapalooza.
I'm not a gamer but I guess there are games that have killable game characters that are of differently recognizable ethnicities - white, black, asian, middle eastern etc.
In which case it should be possible for a player to choose a single race target and to go around killing only that type. I presume that this action would be pointless and counterproductive in terms of gameplay but it would be possible in the same way that Sarkeesian showed the killing of the bar girls was possible in that Hitman game.

Using Sarkheesian's logic (as applied to misogynistic games), wouldn't the possibility of such an action mean that games are racist?

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Snapfingers wrote:Hey look slymepit t-shirts!
http://www.zazzle.com/mykerumedia
If someone does a T-shirt of the Svan bat-signal I'll buy one.

Can't remember who did the shoop but it were effing brilliant, so it was.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Aneris wrote:Anita Sarkessian has no knowledge whatsoever how video games work, or stories in general. Also, rain wets concrete and if there is a shotgun over the couch, then it must be fired by the end of the story. Everything in a story should be functional, either directly or indirectly (as a red herring), and the elements support the story, not the other way around. In that sense, her basic premise that some video game character must have personality otherwise they were just mere objects not just falls apart: it explodes -- like a house of cards. Well, you get the idea. I understand why her videos are popular and a talking point, but at the same time deep down hope we just have an emperor's clothes situation where everyone sees it, but nobody says anything due to bully tactics of the social justice warriors.
Two things, one minor, one major.

Minor: Chekhov's gun is nonsense. Now anything we see much be used or else it's bad drama. And yet, look how much we enjoy narratives with fine character details and that exquisitely describe all of the details in a room, or a weapon, or a scene, or a character.

Major: I am beginning to think the problem is not the bullying tactics of the social justice warrior. Their tactics are nothing new and they or others will constantly be around. The problem is the failure of the press to bust this. And I think that relates much more to the implicit but unrecognized biases described here http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-an ... ider-guide along with the vast amount of circle jerking and amplification of social connections among press as well as the people they cover.

Too many reporters consider their competitor reporters as social media friends. Too many reporters consider think tank pundits, politicians, and academics their friends and colleagues.

@'s for one, and one for @s.

The press is lazy, unimaginative, and loves a cheap story.

That's what energizes and keeps accelerating the social justice train, regardless of how empty their ideas are and how factless the stories they tell are.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

The dumb hypocrite Peezus can't help himself. He writes:
My answer to this one [What is the difference between a feminist and an egalitarian?] is that feminists are egalitarian, but what they’re doing is focusing on one pressing issue. This is reasonable and necessary. So while a feminist can be entirely for racial equality, for instance, they can also recognize that women have a unique subset of concerns that differ from the unique subset of concerns that black Americans may have. It does no one any favors to consolidate their cause under a more general umbrella — it means that their particular concerns get diluted. Multiple problems, multiple approaches. I guess this is another idea authoritarians can’t comprehend.
How is this different for atheism? Consider:
So while an atheist can be entirely for racial equality, for instance, they can also recognize that the godless have a unique subset of concerns that differ from the unique subset of concerns that black Americans may have. It does no one any favors to consolidate their cause under a more general umbrella — it means that their particular concerns get diluted. Multiple problems, multiple approaches. I guess this is another idea authoritarians can’t comprehend.
But no, if you try to argue this point then you suddenly are a despicable 'dictionary atheist' who is ignoring the plights of black Americans, women, trans* people, etc.

It's OK to be a dictionary feminist, however.

And the irony of a hyper PC authoritarian like Peezus calling others authoritarians is staggering.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140826155 ... questions/

Even more hilarious is that Peezus is now, blindly following Amanda Marcotte like the lapdog he is, portraying Beyoncé as the ideal feminist role model.
Peezus wrote:Conservatives are confused: they have this picture in their heads of feminists as dour old prudes in shapeless clothes who want to kill men (see also stupid Scot anti-feminist). This portrayal is their major marketing strategy — why would anyone want to be a feminist? You have to hate sex and hate men and hate nice clothes and hate fun in order to be a feminist!

As Amanda Marcotte explains, though, what Beyoncé has done is reclaim happiness and personality as part of feminism.
Somehow I have the feeling that Peezus is merely relieved that he can finally get a boner from watching Beyoncé without having to feel guilty about it

But what would Oafie say? Yes, I mean that dour old prude in shapeless clothes. :lol:

http://web.archive.org/web/201408262136 ... -feminism/

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

JacquesCuze wrote:Minor: Chekhov's gun is nonsense. Now anything we see much be used or else it's bad drama. And yet, look how much we enjoy narratives with fine character details and that exquisitely describe all of the details in a room, or a weapon, or a scene, or a character.
Indeed. I've a vague recollection of studying some Sean O'Casey plays in secondary school, and the mis en scene directions go on for entire pages. Not everything mentioned is used dramatically - in fact most of it isn't. It's just there to add a speck of flavour.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

She's getting savaged in the comments.

I applaud the ingenuity of the inventors of this product - although I think it's largely pointless. The use of date rape drugs in actual cases of rape is vanishingly rare. The vast majority of date rape scenarios involve a different and more commonly available drug - alcohol.

There is an inherent problem connected with alcohol and the neofeminist attitude towards advice on sensible drinking.
First, it is well known that one of the common effects of binge drinking is the fact that you will wake up in the morning and have little or no memory what you did the previous night.
It's not that you were passed out during most of the evening - it's that you have not stored the memories of the events in question - and this may have included deciding to hop in bed with someone who you now wake up next to.

Second, the neofeminist response to waking up next to someone with whom you've possibly had sex but cannot remember all the previous nights details, is to assume that this must have been sex without consent - hence rape.

In which case there are many young women who are being taught that they were the victims of a rape - when in most cases it was probably just a standard drunken hook-up.

It's not a question of: "Don't teach women how to avoid getting raped, teach men not to rape"
What's actually happening is more like: "Don't teach women how to avoid getting raped, teach them that they have already been a victim of rape".

We know that many people can feel emotionally and mentally devastated by the experience or knowledge that they have been raped.
It just seems shocking to me to realize that many people are likely to be falsely convinced by the neofeminist narratice that they have been raped and that this may affect their future emotional wellbeing.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Cabal wrote:

I'm not a gamer but I guess there are games that have killable game characters that are of differently recognizable ethnicities - white, black, asian, middle eastern etc.
In which case it should be possible for a player to choose a single race target and to go around killing only that type. I presume that this action would be pointless and counterproductive in terms of gameplay but it would be possible in the same way that Sarkeesian showed the killing of the bar girls was possible in that Hitman game.

Using Sarkheesian's logic (as applied to misogynistic games), wouldn't the possibility of such an action mean that games are racist?
Snarky isn't a gamer, she has no understanding of games, and yes yes, i'm stating the obvious, she's a con artist milking an easy mark.

In snarky's world games have to serve a greater purpose, in one of her earlier vids she waffles about the good things that games do, such as increase hand eye coordination etc etc. She does this blissfully unaware that these things are tangential to gaming, and then goes on her tirade about the evils of gaming.

Games for the most part fall into two broad categories (for the purpose of this i ain't going to talk about games snarky would approve of such as angry birds, as its a game designed for people who aren't fucking gamers).

1: Rails
2; freeform or sandbox

Games which are railed don't allow you to deviate much from a given path, or the main story arc. Sandbox games allow you to create your own game within the logic of the universe created by the designer. The key word is immersion. Arbitrary limitations on the player actions even though those actions are wholly consistent with the game logic, are immersion shattering. They kill the game. Railed games tend to get away with some limitations in order to keep the player on the designed narrow path. Sandbox games crippled by arbitrary limitations go into the dustbin marked "shit".

Then you have the creative freedom angle. If a dev wants to create a world where every female pixel is a sex object, there is zero fucking wrong with that. If it offends you, too bad, you don't have to play it, there's always angry birds. Oh and those games exist, they're called sex games. Snarky isn't going after them, because that's not where the cow is that can be milked.

Snarky doesn't have an iota of understanding about the concept of immersion, because she isn't a fucking gamer!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Badger3k wrote:
deLurch wrote: Paul needs to make up his mind. Is it bad that the women are equal interactive parts of the game that can be treated in the same way as the rest of the characters? Or should they be untouchable background?
Tried to retweet with a comment, but couldn't for some reason. I find it sad that he's so ignorant and non-skeptical that he hasn't even played the games, just relied on a known ideologue and liar. However, his attitude is so patriarchal - I gather he would prefer that female characters (have to be specific that it is the ones with vaginas) be untouchable completely. That way they stay on their pedestal and it's just the male characters that can be killed. CFI has gone downhill like a roller coaster.
Here is the big thing. I would not bemoan how terrible a book is that I have not read. I would at least have to read it first. Why does Paul feel this way when it comes to video games? I can understand if he felt like he didn't want to give the publisher money. But there is a good chance he has a friend who has the game who might let him play it.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

I have no shame for the fact I've linked to this blog before.

Why am I pimpin it, esp when it doesn't get updated but usually once or twice a month?
Because this guy's subject is under-represented, yet he scrupulously tries to be fair.

http://themalesofgames.blogspot.com/201 ... mment-form

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Za-zen:
I'm losing faith in game developers though, as even Tim Schafer is plugging her videos now too, saying anyone making video games ought to watch and learn from her.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Southern wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Also, this was totally true:

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss22 ... eit-ma.jpg
It is not. It is the zionist conspiracy at work. The kikes are a lie.

That was a triumph.....

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Jan Steen wrote:The dumb hypocrite Peezus can't help himself. He writes:
Peezus wrote:As Amanda Marcotte explains, though, what Beyoncé has done is reclaim happiness and personality as part of feminism.
From this I infer that Amanda Marcotte and PZ must also be huge fans of Camille Paglia.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Opyt wrote:Za-zen:
I'm losing faith in game developers though, as even Tim Schafer is plugging her videos now too, saying anyone making video games ought to watch and learn from her.
Wouldn't worry.

Sure the next few years will see a number of devs shape their game worlds to tune with political ideologues. They'll fade to oblivion as gamers shift to the dev who produces the next great Game Of thrones style, dark, open world, do whatever the fuck you want in graphic detail blood and guts, experience.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John Greg wrote:I am beginning to quite enjoy BlueShiftRhino's posts.
/just sayin
It's a trick. It is a stealth marketing scheme from Blue Hippo Funding. Mark my words, the day will come.

http://i.imgur.com/feqdDRF.png

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Soon Pitbull's videos will be peddled by Peezus as feminist propaganda.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

mike150160 wrote:
Southern wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Also, this was totally true:

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss22 ... eit-ma.jpg
It is not. It is the zionist conspiracy at work. The kikes are a lie.

That was a triumph.....
One could almost say, successful.

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

Not sure if this was posted already, but the Fine Young Capitalists' indiegogo campaign has been reopened.

According to their twitter account (can't embed, don't care, google it) the contribution of 4chan /v/ is ~$13k.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

A cake bake?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Gefan wrote:Can't get the fucking video to embed.
Where's Scented Nectar?
I've gotten behind in everything. Some time in the next few hours. :)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Opyt wrote:Za-zen:
Why care what game developers say?

If they make great games, we will buy them. If they make shitty games, we won't.

However, I suspect if any game company tries to follow all these rules, and tries to make a game any more adventuresome than candy crush, it will turn out bland.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

KiwiInOz wrote:
A cake bake?
It's a kiker.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

I think she knows more than she lets on, because I don't believe for a second that she is making any of her commentary in good faith. She started with the conclusion she needed in order to market her crap, and proceeded to go about "proving" it in the simplest and easiest way possible. Not surprisingly she uses the same approach that violent video game alarmists of the 90s employed. She parades around a bunch of "shocking" anecdotes sans context and uses it to support her preferred narrative.

If she'd been doing this shit in the 90s I bet she would have done a piece on how you can control a male character who violently abuses women in fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2 and Killer Instinct. She could have done a mean montage of Ryu and Kano punching Chun-Li and Sonya Blade in the face. Maybe she will still do that; its not much more intellectually dishonest than the rest of her dribble.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:The dumb hypocrite Peezus can't help himself. He writes:
Peezus wrote:As Amanda Marcotte explains, though, what Beyoncé has done is reclaim happiness and personality as part of feminism.
From this I infer that Amanda Marcotte and PZ must also be huge fans of Camille Paglia.
Of course not. You can't expect them to be consistent. That would be unfair.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

feathers wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:It involves Skatje Myers
Ah yes, I never got to ask PZ how he managed to combine the Scandinavian 'skat' (darling) with the Dutch diminutive ending -je.

Maybe he foresaw Google, because unique it certainly is.
Given that Meyers hangs around with Steffalump, I always thought he was inspired by a different spelling of the word...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scat

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

I was tempted to point out that "Meyers" with two Es is the author of the Twilight books, instead of the blogger. But why bother?

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
She's getting savaged in the comments.

I applaud the ingenuity of the inventors of this product - although I think it's largely pointless. The use of date rape drugs in actual cases of rape is vanishingly rare. The vast majority of date rape scenarios involve a different and more commonly available drug - alcohol.

There is an inherent problem connected with alcohol and the neofeminist attitude towards advice on sensible drinking.
First, it is well known that one of the common effects of binge drinking is the fact that you will wake up in the morning and have little or no memory what you did the previous night.
It's not that you were passed out during most of the evening - it's that you have not stored the memories of the events in question - and this may have included deciding to hop in bed with someone who you now wake up next to.

Second, the neofeminist response to waking up next to someone with whom you've possibly had sex but cannot remember all the previous nights details, is to assume that this must have been sex without consent - hence rape.

In which case there are many young women who are being taught that they were the victims of a rape - when in most cases it was probably just a standard drunken hook-up.

It's not a question of: "Don't teach women how to avoid getting raped, teach men not to rape"
What's actually happening is more like: "Don't teach women how to avoid getting raped, teach them that they have already been a victim of rape".

We know that many people can feel emotionally and mentally devastated by the experience or knowledge that they have been raped.
It just seems shocking to me to realize that many people are likely to be falsely convinced by the neofeminist narratice that they have been raped and that this may affect their future emotional wellbeing.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes. Social justice warrior feminists seem to spend relatively small amounts of time (like none) advising individuals how to prevent themselves from becoming victims of a crime, and comparatively large amounts of time convincing young girls that they have already been victims of crime.

Patriarchy theory in practice amounts to little more than "you owe me free shit because of the way you were born and the way I was born, and I have a license to treat others badly depending on how they were born."

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:I was tempted to point out that "Meyers" with two Es is the author of the Twilight books, instead of the blogger. But why bother?
We're both new here, but this has been covered in one of the other 8000 or so pages. The use of "Meyers" is intended to frustrate him, as someone is bound to point it out to him. :lol:

Stunt Whisper

Post by Stunt Whisper »

Mykeru wrote: Now gimme a kiss, assholes.
[youtube]89JT3iteAsA[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Opyt wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:I was tempted to point out that "Meyers" with two Es is the author of the Twilight books, instead of the blogger. But why bother?
We're both new here, but this has been covered in one of the other 8000 or so pages. The use of "Meyers" is intended to frustrate him, as someone is bound to point it out to him. :lol:
Likewise, always remember to use the correct spelling of "Svan".

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Opyt wrote:
That and they're both considered generally "meh" in terms of writing.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Another crappy, over-priced T-shirt for ya:
The SlymePit CDC Tee from Zazzle.com.png
(282.9 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
The SlymePit CDC Tee detail from Zazzle.com.png
(215.22 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
http://www.zazzle.com/the_slymepit_cdc_ ... 7223205280

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Mykeru wrote:Another crappy, over-priced T-shirt for ya:
The SlymePit CDC Tee from Zazzle.com.png
The SlymePit CDC Tee detail from Zazzle.com.png
http://www.zazzle.com/the_slymepit_cdc_ ... 7223205280
I approve this message.

And pricepoint.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
A cake bake?
It's a kiker.
"Kike on a bike" would have also been accepted.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

The Israeli version of Dr WHo

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:Hey look slymepit t-shirts!
http://www.zazzle.com/mykerumedia
If someone does a T-shirt of the Svan bat-signal I'll buy one.

Can't remember who did the shoop but it were effing brilliant, so it was.
It wasn't this, was it?
Attachments
zvatsignall.jpg
(98.95 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Scented Nectar

Youtube Embedding Tutorial

Post by Scented Nectar »

Here is your once-in-a-while Youtube Embedding Tutorial:

A youtube video url will come in different types. You need to find the video's 11 character long code from the url. Some urls have the video code at the end of the url, and some have the code in the middle. You need to strip off the extra stuff before putting the code alone between the youtube tags.

Here are examples of urls that all go to the same video and showing how to find the code. Find out which type of url you have from the descriptions below.

_____Code at the end of a youtube.com url:

Code: Select all

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SkxLCZz_o
Get rid of everything up to and including, the first (or only) equal sign "=". The code is the 32SkxLCZz_o at the end of it.

_____Code at the end of an already 'embedded' youtube.com url:

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=32SkxLCZz_o
On this type, the code is at the very end. It's everything that follows the last equal sign (=). The code is the 32SkxLCZz_o.

_____Code in the middle of a youtube.com url:

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SkxLCZz_o&feature=my_favorites&list=FLGfAOgQRByLDu5xejATsjDw
To sum this one up, just keep the part between the first "=" and the first "&", which is 32SkxLCZz_o

_____Code at the end of a 'youtu.be' url:

Example:
http://youtu.be/32SkxLCZz_o
For these, the code is everything that follows that last slash (/), which is 32SkxLCZz_o.

_____Code in the middle of a 'youtu.be' url:

Example:
http://youtu.be/32SkxLCZz_o?list=UUjNxszyFPasDdRoD9J6X-sw
For these, the code is everything between the last "/" and the first "?", which is 32SkxLCZz_o.

Now, we are left with just the code, 32SkxLCZz_o, so put that code inside youtube tags (plus I'm adding a title):

Example:
Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi 1978:
[youtube]32SkxLCZz_o[/youtube]
The above tag and code will become this when posted:

Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi 1978:
[youtube]32SkxLCZz_o[/youtube]

windy

Post by windy »

deLurch wrote:

The problem is worse than you may think. It's been scientifically proven that playing these video games can make teenagers... act rebellious. *gasp*

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 100352.htm
...new Dartmouth research finds for the first time that teen-agers who play mature-rated, risk-glorifying video games are more likely subsequently to engage in a wide range of deviant behaviors beyond aggression, including alcohol use, smoking cigarettes, delinquency and risky sex.
"With respect to playing deviant video game characters, we feel it best to follow the admonition of Kurt Vonnegut in Mother Night: 'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be,'" says Professor Jay Hull, the studies' lead author and chair of Dartmouth's Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences.
Right! Teenagers need to ditch these deviant video games for some good clean family fun, like Kurt Vonnegut novels.
They looked at a number of factors, including the playing of three violent risk-glorifying video games (Grand Theft Auto, Manhunt, Spiderman) and other mature-rated video games. They found that such games are associated with subsequent changes in a wide range of high-risk behaviors and suggest this is due, in part, to changes in the users' personality, attitudes and values, specifically making them more rebellious and thrill seeking.
...wait. Spiderman? :?

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Scented Nectar:
While your tutorial is better, and likely to end with being seen by the person requesting it, I put one up in the previous page :P

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

I wanted to insert a picture into the middle of a post, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Would you mind giving a tutorial on that?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

feathers wrote:
Fat Lass wrote:Boohoo, you have to look at a fat woman's body.
Actually no, I don't.
Fat Lass wrote:Don't stare. (...) I'm not some sort of object to be admired; I'm a human being first and foremost.
...Then why wear revealing clothing which is by nature, I don't know, err, revealing?
Fat Lass wrote:If you're about to tell me I have nice tits, don't.
Ok, I'll try to ignore them.
Fat Lass wrote:My mom has this thing she likes to do when I decide to show skin; tell me I don't look "appropriate."
Your mom seems like a wise person.
Fat Lass wrote:Some days, I need encouragement, like anyone else. So seeing people like my Instagram photos of my bare belly or telling me I look beautiful in a YouTube comment makes me feel good.
But... we weren't allowed to comment your looks, remember?
And did you ever consider those commenters might by taking the piss out of you?
Fat Lass wrote:You don't have to give me a full-out compliment, but even just favoriting a picture or tweet, or sharing this article is enough.
Why yes, Caruthers just followed your advice.

There's a delusional train-wreck. She's not good looking. The fat only makes it worse. And there is definately nothing 'special' about a fat girl having 'large tits' that are really a product of being obese, vs Haley King and her natural big boobs:

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/201 ... =500&h=374

And, despite her delusions, no, I'm not really going to notice them because the fucking muffin-top and double-chin will occupy my attention and force me to look away lest I stare at your flabby ass...

(FWIW, I like the smaller breasts. I don't think I've dated a woman with a C-cup, or larger, more than once. )

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:I wanted to insert a picture into the middle of a post, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Would you mind giving a tutorial on that?
Have you tried using the edit button?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Opyt wrote:Scented Nectar:
While your tutorial is better, and likely to end with being seen by the person requesting it, I put one up in the previous page :P
Ok, so... I guess I'm supposed to say something like "Ninja'd!" now. :)

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Had to stop by to see if Mykeru was still at it. This definitely rivals cunt for most epic flame out.
Mykeru wrote:You can't do a fly-by on me.
Except we can. Someone can call you a money grubbing whore, pitiful even by Surly Amy standards, and then put you on ignore. Or they can do that and just not check back in again for a few weeks because they got distracted.
Mykeru wrote:Prepare to dig trenches and eat your dead. This forum is Atlanta and it's tinder dry. I'll nuke you from orbit, whether or not its the only way to be sure.
I think you and Cunt may be the only two members who actually take this place seriously.