Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Jan Steen »

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Garlix wrote:
Tribble wrote: Obama is no 'liberal.' He's more of a moderate Republican than anything. Somewhat more conservative than Eisenhower or Nixon I think.

I think your last sentence is key. Claiming that "Obama is a Republican" might make sense if you're thinking of the pre-Reagan Republicans. Republicans today are a completely different breed.

Hell, it's often said that Saint Ronald himself would be called a RINO if he came up today with the exact same policies that he actually implemented while in office.

For better or worse, the whole Overton window has shifted massively to the right. Obama may be very similar to a 70's Republican, but he's nowhere near the "shut down everything rather than repeal tax cuts" Republicans of today.

Well, I'm kind of old and come from a family that proudly identified themselves as Eisenhower Republicans. As a small child I helped my parents put out campaign signs for Nixon. But as an adult, I've long since left the Republicans as they've pretty much shat on everything I believe.

I tried the Democrats, but they're so stuck in identity politics and low-expectation-racism (that they're blind to) that I can't hang with them, either. So I just vote independent now. The last major party Presidential candidate I supported was Howard Dean. Other than that I vote for someone who isn't going to win.

Also, I'm old enough to have been a member of the NRA when it was pro-gun control. It wasn't until the 1980s did they become a bunch of lunatics and change the formerly well-settled gun-control issue.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Badger3k wrote:Tidybowl will act the same as the others - you might make it through moderation, but if you do, it might be edited to show what he wants you to say. Or anything reasonable will not be allowed through, while anything he can use as propaganda will be allowed through. Most of them follow the same playbook. About the best one for comments seems to be Fogg. I think Singham might bo ok, but I never tried commenting there, put his posts used to be decent. The big ones aren't worth bothering with - you'll never have a decent conversation there.
Because of your (plural) warnings, I take screen-shots of each of my posts, right after submitting them, so you can see what I originally wrote, plus the "your post is awaiting moderation" tag. As of now, none of my posts have been edited between then and appearing. In fact, Benson let several buried sub-comments go through, although whether that was because she was being fair or too stupid to get what I was also saying is an open question.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm a huge fan of space sims and such, but I have something to admit: I...I've never played Eve Online. Anyway, I've just noticed there's a 14 days free trial, so I'm downloading the game now and will see what it's all about (unlikely I'll pay for a subscription since I don't have that kind of money, but never say never).
You can buy time with in-game currency (ISK). It'll take you some time to get 'good enough' to earn that kind of ISK, but it's possible. There are even articles on the official forums on how to do it. Such as this: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Making_ISK

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Something funny with Greg bin Laden on Facebook today. I'm phone posting and can't link or cap, but I'm sure someone will be along soon...

sinister

Post by sinister »

LurkerPerson wrote:Welp just got muted on a gaming forum for arguing against a circlejerk of morons claiming poor Sarkeesian shouldn't have expected and doesn't deserve any of the backlash she's getting. Apparently we need to treat her with the respect and defference you would give an opponent in a debate, no matter how retarded her "opinions" are.
I brought up Jack Thompson and the invective that was hurled at him from all four corners of the web for the exact same shenanigans, and the answer?
Mainly because I never paid it much attention. Nobody deserves shit like death threats (apart from possible the people I reserve no sympathy for). But that point is also a prevalence of sexism in the industry, and indeed further afield. The whole - "He is a man! He can handle this kind of shit!". Bullshit. He didn't deserve stuff like that."
What a bunch of pozzed out tumblirite morons. JT didn't receive as much attention because of sexism towards women and the perception of men as big boys who can handle it.
Now that I have seen the analysis of that threat screen shot, I'm not convinced. Also, dicks, dicks everywhere on the Internet. Why the fuck do people get so surprised when one shows up?

Also, everyone knows there are trolls why the heck do people pretend their personal experience with a troll is so unique? Sarkeesian wanted these attacks, and got them, and now people are going to act surprised? Screw these intentionally obtuse liars.

sinister

Post by sinister »

LurkerPerson wrote:Welp just got muted on a gaming forum for arguing against a circlejerk of morons claiming poor Sarkeesian shouldn't have expected and doesn't deserve any of the backlash she's getting. Apparently we need to treat her with the respect and defference you would give an opponent in a debate, no matter how retarded her "opinions" are.
I brought up Jack Thompson and the invective that was hurled at him from all four corners of the web for the exact same shenanigans, and the answer?
Mainly because I never paid it much attention. Nobody deserves shit like death threats (apart from possible the people I reserve no sympathy for). But that point is also a prevalence of sexism in the industry, and indeed further afield. The whole - "He is a man! He can handle this kind of shit!". Bullshit. He didn't deserve stuff like that."
What a bunch of pozzed out tumblirite morons. JT didn't receive as much attention because of sexism towards women and the perception of men as big boys who can handle it.
Now that I have seen the analysis of that threat screen shot, I'm not convinced. Also, dicks, dicks everywhere on the Internet. Why the fuck do people get so surprised when one shows up?

Also, everyone knows there are trolls why the heck do people pretend their personal experience with a troll is so unique? Sarkeesian wanted these attacks, and got them, and now people are going to act surprised? Screw these intentionally obtuse liars.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

the whole idea of SJWs is that "someone is having fun over there, let's prevent that". Reminds me of the whole "let's regulate what goes on the internet, on TV, in the bedroom, etc" ideologies. I seriously think that they believe that if something is fun it is by default oppressive to somebody, and they have the duty to be offended for them, and to white knight for them. If they had nothing to crusade against I wonder how many of them would be on medicine or suicide watch.
Many of them already are. Not the leaders, of course. You have to be motivated if you shamelessly self promote yourself as a leader. PZ, Watson, Oafie and most of the others of the FTB crowd are all enjoying their little share of fame and power, while Sarkeesian is busy counting her bucks and planning her next con. I have little to no sympathy for them, although I wish them no ill.

But among the tumblr crowd, or the Twitter folks, there are many people who for a reason or another believe they can find happiness and acceptance if they yell loud enough against the people who they see as "oppressors". They're the ones I'm sad for. Not because they're oppressed, but because many of them are genuinely depressed people who think they've find something that makes them worthy of praise.

sinister

Post by sinister »

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

strayling wrote: Reminds me of Traveler. For anyone unfamiliar with it, Traveler was an ancient SF-themed RPG where the entirety of the game consisted of generating your character. I suppose there might have been more to it than that in theory, but after 7 hours of character generation with no end in sight everyone used to give up in disgust.
In Traveler you could make entire star systems. Planets with rings and everything. It was really detailed. Also IMO the best aspect of Traveler were the organic life-form people created to enhanced their vision and hearing. This life form would feed off your tears and sort of act as a lens for you, giving you better and protected vision. But, with all that awesomeness I can't remember actually playing, just creating. It was still fun. YMMV.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Read the comments before they are deleted, as some have been already

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

I'm too new to all this. What's the deal with DJ Grothe? SJW? Anti-SJW? Actually fucking skeptic who can't deal with the ongoing bullshit?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:I'm too new to all this. What's the deal with DJ Grothe? SJW? Anti-SJW? Actually fucking skeptic who can't deal with the ongoing bullshit?
The SJW hate him. Skepchicks boycotted TAM because they hate him. They HAD been friends, but decided he was an enemy.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Is he merely not sensitive enough to SJW issues or does he flat-out disagree (on a scale from zero to Thundef00t)? Has this been a quiet campaign or have they accused him of forcible rape?

Maybe I should just google. Sorry for being lazy.

austin

Post by austin »

HoneyWagon wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:I'm too new to all this. What's the deal with DJ Grothe? SJW? Anti-SJW? Actually fucking skeptic who can't deal with the ongoing bullshit?
The SJW hate him. Skepchicks boycotted TAM because they hate him. They HAD been friends, but decided he was an enemy.
Certainly smells like a SJW political move. Otherwise why wouldn't they give DJ Grothe another lesser job. Besides the fact that Randi isn't going to be around forever. Also the stuff about don't post comments - why????

Certainly has the marks of a political axe move. Hopefully we'll find out the story behind the story. We'll see how much the SJWs celebrate.

sinister

Post by sinister »

STOP COMMENTING ON FACEBOOK. That is a new approach to social media. Something shitty went down. They don't want it to get out. That much is obvious.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Jenn Frank who wrote this for the Guardian How to attack a woman who works in video gaming
A culture of hate and suspicion has descended on the games industry, and at the centre of the vortex is a familiar foe: women. Ask Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn.
The usual stuff follows. It is all about threats and hatred of women etc. etc. yadda yadda whatever.

Then this shows up : Whoopsie!

http://infinitelives.net/wp-content/upl ... losure.png

So Frank reposts it (but not at the Guardian?) with the title of 4chan ethics. And that is it. No comment except for the image.

Then another entry with the title Regarding the “conflict of interest” in my latest piece shows up. The image and also the following text:
Recently I wrote a piece for The Guardian. As a result, some of you are wondering why I did not disclose my relationship—a professional friendship with, and Patreon support of Zoe Quinn.

The Guardian actually nixed the disclosure of my relationship with Zoe, simply because it didn’t strike editors or legal—that is, The Guardian’s legal department, which approved the final draft—as a “conflict of interest” in an op/ed about abuse. The publication determined the disclosure I provided didn’t matter, since my piece is not a review.

In the disclosure’s original draft, I mention that I have never reviewed one of Quinn’s games and, as a Patreon supporter, the truth is, I would not.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
Going back to the Guardian article we now see this:
Update: Jenn Frank has purchased and is a supporter of Zoë Quinn’s work, although this is the first article she has written on the developer. Frank has also briefly met Anita Sarkeesian.
Still no mention at the Guardian that as a Patreon supporter she is presumably giving money to Zoë Quinn?

Anywho. Please remember that anytime I refer to a newspaper as a "bastion of journalistic integrity" I mean the reverse. Because in Canukistan that is how we roll (not all of us though).

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

austin wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:
Certainly smells like a SJW political move. Otherwise why wouldn't they give DJ Grothe another lesser job. Besides the fact that Randi isn't going to be around forever. Also the stuff about don't post comments - why????

Certainly has the marks of a political axe move. Hopefully we'll find out the story behind the story. We'll see how much the SJWs celebrate.
Skepchick gets its foot back in the door?

sinister

Post by sinister »

Already wymen are prepping the misogyny waters. It's already been hinted at twice.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Is he merely not sensitive enough to SJW issues or does he flat-out disagree (on a scale from zero to Thundef00t)? Has this been a quiet campaign or have they accused him of forcible rape?

He did not bend to their will so they have spent the last couple of years attacking and smearing him.

Something has happened which I assume they would prefer kept silent (good luck with that) and it may be nothing to do with SJW's.

austin

Post by austin »

Unless this is further clarified with a better explanation, all it is going to do is make JREF shrink even more. First, there are less SJWs than non-SJWs (debatable but I definitely think is true), second if they did this for political reasons, do they honestly think this will bring SJWs back after all the venom they've spewed in the past. They'd have to be delusional to think that would work. They might succeed in pissing off everyone.

sinister

Post by sinister »

This Jennifer Allen chick seems nice. You know this person is going to be exacly what you imagine when you see her pic. Watch her venom spew forth.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

strayling wrote:
Reminds me of Traveler. For anyone unfamiliar with it, Traveler was an ancient SF-themed RPG where the entirety of the game consisted of generating your character. I suppose there might have been more to it than that in theory, but after 7 hours of character generation with no end in sight everyone used to give up in disgust.
I played Traveler. While it was long compared to DnD, it wasn't nearly that long, even including the 'pre-adventure' career. And it was certainly not 'long' compared to Chivalry & Sorcery or Space Opera with those two games running neck-and-neck for the longest and most-involved/complex character creation process of any PnP game.

Which you can read about here: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/15/15649.phtml (Space Opera)
And is alluded to here: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/clas ... 7414.phtml (Chivalry & Sorcery)

In short, they had as much as Traveler and then a whole bunch more...

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Remember, kids: an aging white male Republican will vote for a feminist before a young non-white female will vote for an atheist. If you don't like what's happening to atheism, skepticism, gaming, etc, then learn to keep some K-Y in your pocket.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

sinister wrote:Oh jesus, Traveler the nerd simulator. What an excruciating game. That was the one where your character could die during creation right?
Yes. Which could really suck...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

strayling wrote:
sinister wrote:Oh jesus, Traveler the nerd simulator. What an excruciating game. That was the one where your character could die during creation right?
That's the one. The A+ers would (pretend to) love it.
I didn't like the hex travel system in the game. Otherwise it was fine. I still preferred Space Opera to Traveler. That was an amazing game if you had a group smart enough to understand the rules...

sinister

Post by sinister »

Well it's okay guys, they didn't mean no comments they meant they would love to hear only nice things, any criticism should be quietly sent in emails.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Tribble wrote:
strayling wrote:
That's the one. The A+ers would (pretend to) love it.
I didn't like the hex travel system in the game. Otherwise it was fine. I still preferred Space Opera to Traveler. That was an amazing game if you had a group smart enough to understand the rules...
We always had at least 2 rule lawyers. It doesn't ever bode well in complex game systems.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

JackSkeptic wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:Is he merely not sensitive enough to SJW issues or does he flat-out disagree (on a scale from zero to Thundef00t)? Has this been a quiet campaign or have they accused him of forcible rape?

He did not bend to their will so they have spent the last couple of years attacking and smearing him.

Something has happened which I assume they would prefer kept silent (good luck with that) and it may be nothing to do with SJW's.
More accurately, the SJWs think he is a "psychopath" ...

As to what has happened ... who knows, but Randi is way too old to be running JREF, which leaves me thinking they are a little screwed somehow

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

JREF have a new owner? Anyone know anything about that?

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/jre ... tatus.html

Really?

Post by Really? »

HoneyWagon wrote:
Read the comments before they are deleted, as some have been already
I just did some screencaps...nothing too interesting remained, it seemed to me. I did like this:

http://i.imgur.com/dxR6t6e.jpg

And look who Liked the news:

http://i.imgur.com/HWVpbKA.jpg

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

My bad. might just be the forum

sinister

Post by sinister »

I have a strong suspicion that those fence sitting JREFers are going to be a little shocked by this news. You can't always play neutral and be safe. The likes and the Mayhew post say a lot to me already.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

And now it's time for another episode of "Spot my Shit"
pedestal_shit.jpg
(31.38 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Easy Labor Day Edition.

(Don't spoil Cunt's fun by telling him where it is)

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sinister wrote:I have a strong suspicion that those fence sitting JREFers are going to be a little shocked by this news. You can't always play neutral and be safe. The likes and the Mayhew post say a lot to me already.
What they really won't like is that Falls Church is quite literally the next town over from Arlington.

Happy to volunteer.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

Ok I'm confused.
The time for change has come. The long-running JREF online Forum at forums.randi.org is soon to head off on its own.

JREF staff is in the midst of arranging a transition to a new owner. Various people are currently working to preserve the integrity of the forum content to the greatest extent possible with the privacy concerns of users in mind.

The JREF still retains ownership of the forum at this point.
So the forum is moving to a new owner?

sinister

Post by sinister »

B-but YOU'RE a psychopath. Melody told me so!

DeepInsideYourMind

Pagancat wrote:Ok I'm confused.
The time for change has come. The long-running JREF online Forum at forums.randi.org is soon to head off on its own.

JREF staff is in the midst of arranging a transition to a new owner. Various people are currently working to preserve the integrity of the forum content to the greatest extent possible with the privacy concerns of users in mind.

From the Facebook task, my best guess is that JREF is changing focus to an educational role, and the forums (and maybe part of JREF) don't align with that new goal, hence they are being sold/given away

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

The rumor mill was that this person, a large donor to the JREF (if not the largest), is the cause behind all the changes.
From the JREF forum kerfuffle, change in vision for the JREF and D.J.'s ouster.
If anyone can confirm, that would be awesome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Adams ... t_pioneer)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Rand ... on#History

sinister

Post by sinister »

Another online community discarded like so much dust in the wind. I don't see that being a winning move.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

AndrewV69 wrote:Jenn Frank who wrote this for the Guardian How to attack a woman who works in video gaming
A culture of hate and suspicion has descended on the games industry, and at the centre of the vortex is a familiar foe: women. Ask Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn.
The usual stuff follows. It is all about threats and hatred of women etc. etc. yadda yadda whatever.

So Frank reposts it (but not at the Guardian?) with the title of 4chan ethics. And that is it. No comment except for the image.

Then another entry with the title Regarding the “conflict of interest” in my latest piece shows up. The image and also the following text:
Recently I wrote a piece for The Guardian. As a result, some of you are wondering why I did not disclose my relationship—a professional friendship with, and Patreon support of Zoe Quinn.

The Guardian actually nixed the disclosure of my relationship with Zoe, simply because it didn’t strike editors or legal—that is, The Guardian’s legal department, which approved the final draft—as a “conflict of interest” in an op/ed about abuse. The publication determined the disclosure I provided didn’t matter, since my piece is not a review.

In the disclosure’s original draft, I mention that I have never reviewed one of Quinn’s games and, as a Patreon supporter, the truth is, I would not.

Update: Jenn Frank has purchased and is a supporter of Zoë Quinn’s work, although this is the first article she has written on the developer. Frank has also briefly met Anita Sarkeesian.
Still no mention at the Guardian that as a Patreon supporter she is presumably giving money to Zoë Quinn?

Anywho. Please remember that anytime I refer to a newspaper as a "bastion of journalistic integrity" I mean the reverse. Because in Canukistan that is how we roll (not all of us though).
It's fucking hilarious how these people think they can write clearly biased editorial pieces and call them objective.

The latest video by the Internet Aristocrat explores just how deep the rabbit hole goes and it's pretty damn deep, with people supporting Anita and Zoë through media also support them financially, or they're mutual acquaintances, former girlfriends or boyfriends, and so on and so forth and it's fucking clear as day what piss and ink they're trying to pass off as rosy petals. So Jenn Frank is friends with Zoë and Anita and Zoë's PR agent supports Jenn, but the legal department at the Guardian sees NO conflict of interest. Wow. Just wow.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tribble wrote:snip]

Well, I'm kind of old and come from a family that proudly identified themselves as Eisenhower Republicans. As a small child I helped my parents put out campaign signs for Nixon. But as an adult, I've long since left the Republicans as they've pretty much shat on everything I believe.

I tried the Democrats, but they're so stuck in identity politics and low-expectation-racism (that they're blind to) that I can't hang with them, either. So I just vote independent now. The last major party Presidential candidate I supported was Howard Dean. Other than that I vote for someone who isn't going to win.

Also, I'm old enough to have been a member of the NRA when it was pro-gun control. It wasn't until the 1980s did they become a bunch of lunatics and change the formerly well-settled gun-control issue.
Have you ever thought that you are the common element here?

sinister

Post by sinister »

Pitchguest wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Jenn Frank who wrote this for the Guardian How to attack a woman who works in video gaming

It's fucking hilarious how these people think they can write clearly biased editorial pieces and call them objective.

The latest video by the Internet Aristocrat explores just how deep the rabbit hole goes and it's pretty damn deep, with people supporting Anita and Zoë through media also support them financially, or they're mutual acquaintances, former girlfriends or boyfriends, and so on and so forth and it's fucking clear as day what piss and ink they're trying to pass off as rosy petals. So Jenn Frank is friends with Zoë and Anita and Zoë's PR agent supports Jenn, but the legal department at the Guardian sees NO conflict of interest. Wow. Just wow.
It's astonishing really. I just don't see how it got so bad? I just don't believe every editor was unaware of these conflicts of interest.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Hell, I can bike to JREF now.
JREF Google Maps.png
(355.99 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Without the inexplicable Google Maps detour though.
sinister wrote:I have a strong suspicion that those fence sitting JREFers are going to be a little shocked by this news. You can't always play neutral and be safe. The likes and the Mayhew post say a lot to me already.
Well, if the JREF forum was anything to go by, the entire motive of the "fence-sitters" was to pretend to be the smartest assholes in the room and, if possible, stealth SJWs. I hope they are shocked.

Randi is no wilting flower. He followed in the in-your-face Houdini tradition and so even in his dotage he couldn't have been thrilled by the milquetoast horseshit coming from the JREF. Of course, that's just my optimistic read on it.

What do you think the likes, and Sara Mayhew acting hurt says?

DeepInsideYourMind

HoneyWagon wrote:The rumor mill was that this person, a large donor to the JREF (if not the largest), is the cause behind all the changes.
From the JREF forum kerfuffle, change in vision for the JREF and D.J.'s ouster.
If anyone can confirm, that would be awesome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Adams ... t_pioneer)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Rand ... on#History

Well Falls Church Virginia is where Rick Adams has investments at least ... so it's probably something to do with it

Really?

Post by Really? »

Mykeru wrote:Hell, I can bike to JREF now.
JREF Google Maps.png
Well, if the JREF forum was anything to go by, the entire motive of the "fence-sitters" was to pretend to be the smartest assholes in the room and, if possible, stealth SJWs. I hope they are shocked.

Randi is no wilting flower. He followed in the in-your-face Houdini tradition and so even in his dotage he couldn't have been thrilled by the milquetoast horseshit coming from the JREF. Of course, that's just my optimistic read on it.

Umm...I'm guessing one point on the map is JREF...I wonder what the other point is...hintchangeimage...hint...

sinister

Post by sinister »

Mykeru wrote:Hell, I can bike to JREF now.
JREF Google Maps.png

Well the unfollow seems telling as she is a previous "enemy". Melody Hensley liking it would seem to be SJW approval, but who knows. It's honestly all gut reaction from me.

I agree about the smartest kids in the room and stealthing. I just see this as inevitable outcome of playing dumb about the state on online atheism happenings. I should honestly wait to comment more.

DeepInsideYourMind

sinister wrote: Well the unfollow seems telling as she is a previous "enemy". Melody Hensley liking it would seem to be SJW approval, but who knows. It's honestly all gut reaction from me.

I agree about the smartest kids in the room and stealthing. I just see this as inevitable outcome of playing dumb about the state on online atheism happenings. I should honestly wait to comment more.
It seems DJGrothe's twitter has gone fairly firmly anti-SJW ... far more so than I ever recollect seeing from him

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Really? wrote:Umm...I'm guessing one point on the map is JREF...I wonder what the other point is...hintchangeimage...hint...
Considering he uploaded it, instead of linking... figure it out. And to some extent I suspect Mykeru isn't worried about them. After all, they "already know who he is".

sinister

Post by sinister »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:
sinister wrote: Well the unfollow seems telling as she is a previous "enemy". Melody Hensley liking it would seem to be SJW approval, but who knows. It's honestly all gut reaction from me.

It seems DJGrothe's twitter has gone fairly firmly anti-SJW ... far more so than I ever recollect seeing from him
I wonder if the Chinese Whisper campaign finally started to take hold. You can only be the mature adult above the fray for so long. Eventually you realize there's no discussion happening, just character assassination and underhanded pressure tactics.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Since Feminist "Patriarchy Theory" is an unfalsifiable pseudo-science about an invisible conspiracy of men controlling society, it's pretty fun to see a self-claimed skeptic consider responses to that "conspiracy"

Gendanken experiment: Is Patriarchy Theory unfalsifiable?

Test:

Produce a single published peer reviewed paper in gender studies whose title and conclusion are basically:

"Our investigation of the Patriarchy into Phenomena X revealed no evidence of a Patriarchy influence on Phenomena X"

sinister

Post by sinister »

Is that Oolon mansplaining that certain women don't get to be feminists?

Southern

Post by Southern »

BarnOwl wrote:I know it's wrong to laugh it this; however, I can't help BUTT do so:
Stupid twat.
Matt Dillahaunty says it's bullshit.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Opyt wrote:
Really? wrote:Umm...I'm guessing one point on the map is JREF...I wonder what the other point is...hintchangeimage...hint...
Considering he uploaded it, instead of linking... figure it out. And to some extent I suspect Mykeru isn't worried about them. After all, they "already know who he is".
Yeah, he's hoping Opheliar gets the hint and pops round one night with a box of chocolates, a tube of lube, and a pocketful of roofies.

Post by Guest »

Forum is moving, getting new ownership. NOT the JREF itself. Just closing their LA offices (seemingly for financial reasons) and moving their HQ to Virginia.

DeepInsideYourMind

Southern wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:I know it's wrong to laugh it this; however, I can't help BUTT do so:
Stupid twat.
Matt Dillahaunty says it's bullshit.
And he the master of butthurt!

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Southern wrote:Matt Dillahaunty says it's bullshit.
I'm really tempted to reply with "so what?" but the spelling of his name makes me think I'd be missing the point.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tribble wrote:snip]

Have you ever thought that you are the common element here?
'Thought?' lol I know I am and I know why.