Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
sinister

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by sinister »

JacquesCuze wrote:
sinister wrote: I never saw it coming.
OTOH, Anna is an infamous troll. So her #gamergate tweets are indicative of feminist/sjw thought, but they are extreme and purposefully trolling.
Sometimes they are too obvious. :lol:

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Ugh, I think I'm done with the stupidity on #gamergate.

I keep linking evidence after evidence. Some guy asks for a link, so I go get it and he just ignores it completely.

"Show me where a game dev is getting money from people who review the game."

"Okay, here's Zoe Quinn's patreon page. See anyone you know?"

*unrelated fuckwit shows up*

"hur hur the game is free, so it can't be corruption"

"Yeah but she still gets money for this free game via patreon, huh?"

>_> <_< >_>

"You should expect the people who create products and the people who review them to be friends. It's just good business."

James Caruthers

The drop in traffic to those game journo websites might be a brief lull as a result of not much new shit out to review.

But it certainly does indicate that "gamers" have no interest in what they're currently writing about, IE how "gamers are dead" and Zoe is a poor harassed wittle victim.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

James Caruthers wrote:Ugh, I think I'm done with the stupidity on #gamergate.

I keep linking evidence after evidence. Some guy asks for a link, so I go get it and he just ignores it completely.

>_> <_< >_>

"You should expect the people who create products and the people who review them to be friends. It's just good business."
Of course he ignored it. They are playing a game of "The zeitgeist becomes reality". They are the most fact-free fuckers on earth. Your mere facts are irrelevant to the neurotic narrative they have constructed.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

I'm actually rather surprised that traffic hasn't shot up, what with folks who normally don't go to those sites now taking an interest (e.g., me).

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

All I know about video games (PC) is

1. I miss COD multiplayer. Hearing people bitch on mic when I set multiple tripwire grenades game me wood.

2. I haven't recovered from the extreme disappointment of Aliens: Colonial Marines.

3. I need a good First Person shooter.

4. All this Social Justice, Anita Sarkeesian AmWay marketing shit isn't helping me find one.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
windy wrote:At least someone has a complaint about DJ besides the usual "he's against women and feminism", although that's hinted at in the post as well.

http://skepchick.se/2014/09/02/d-j-grot ... with-jref/
D.J Grothe is no longer with JREF. For many of us who have some insight from behind the scenes, this is a good, even great thing.

Last year D.J, who was booked as a speaker at the European Skeptics Congress in Stockholm, simply didn’t show up. The group that organized the congress were quite surprised, since he hadn’t contacted us for a cancellation. They managed, at the last minute, to throw in another speaker to take his place.

When I got in contact with him, he sounded quite surprised and claimed that he absolutely had cancelled recently. I then asked him to let us know who he had communicated with, and he promised to do so. He didn’t, however, and when I kept asking him for it he kept telling me that he would get back to me about this when he was by his computer. He never did. He also promised the Swedish Skeptics to pay us the money for the hotel room, but never did. Both of these facts I double checked a while ago with the current board.

This could of course be just misunderstandings and innocent mistakes, but that seemed less likely when I started to hear a bunch of similar stories from other people and organizations – D.J. not showing up, not keeping promises and not paying people money. The biggest problem was not him being a no-show and not paying for a hotel room, the biggest problem was that the boss of JREF seemed to be lying to us and that this appeared to be a pattern.

The scary part is that two other people, independent of each other, were in contact with me with the intent to write a story about the pattern of all his bad behavior, but couldn’t because people didn’t dare to go on the record with the crappy thing he’s done. People were scared to ruin their careers or get into legal problems.
That's where they lost me. "Ruin their careers" for criticising a no-show speaker??
Putting out the smears to impede future employment opportunities. It's Svanlike.

That's an outrageous imputation to make. :(

Oh wait the last couple of paras got cut including:
My suggestion to other skeptic organizations are – don’t hire him. He’s not good for your business/cause and he’s not good for the movement.

James Caruthers

Mykeru wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Ugh, I think I'm done with the stupidity on #gamergate.

>_> <_< >_>

Of course he ignored it. They are playing a game of "The zeitgeist becomes reality". They are the most fact-free fuckers on earth. Your mere facts are irrelevant to the neurotic narrative they have constructed.
I got pretty pissed when I gave images of how games were being censored:

And the response was "give me a credible source for every one of these."

I'm like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So I go ahead and do some legwork. Big shocker, but those images aren't doctored or bullshit! The articles in the captures actually exist. WHAT A SURPRISE

So I send 3 links OF THE LIKE 20 LINKS and he says "meh, these prove nothing, you're making up a conspiracy in your mind, this is just artists freely choosing to modify their works, there's no coercion involved at all."

(Because the coercion is all happening via social media which this guy won't acknowledge as a credible source)

UGH.

The killer part? This guy is in games journalism and could have verified every single source in the image by googling keywords or titles. So I just did a journalist's work for him so he could turn around and be all "you're a conspiracy theorist brah."

WELL OKAY THEN.

Probably should have run the dude's name into the old google machine before talking to him. Wouldn't be surprised if Zoe and the other people implicated are close friends of his.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

James Caruthers wrote:
And the response was "give me a credible source for every one of these."
Hyper-skepticism, isn't that the term?

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Back when Trash-80s first appeared, I did what I was told. I typed in the code for Lander, saved in onto a cassette, and then played many times. I never succeeded in landing the module but did sometimes hold the space-bar down from the very start of an approach, such that my lander burned and burned its fuel, shooting off into space, even after expending its load.

Thanks to the Social Justice League, I just realized what Lander was really about.

I've been part of the problem for more than 35 years.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Seems Sarkesian got exactly what she was hoping for (or perhaps just a lucky coincidence) ... the BBC should bump her YT views up nicely from its lull http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29028236

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

sinister wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
sinister wrote:Well the stupid on the gamergate tag is nearly immeasurable. Seriously, journalists keep writing utter bullshit, the when it's pointed out, they are being harassed. Wtf is even going on in their heads? Do they honestly believe those SJWs are going to be a strong enough income generators to offset the ostracized core gamers? Who do these people think are buying games?
It's like every game journalist was secretly Rebecca Watson and Melody Hensley, and we're only just now finding out.
I think there were some previous hints, but I think the straight push from the SJWs to call every gamer a bigot failed in a spectacular fashion. This narrative is just a little too broadly painted I think. The normal method of shame and silence doesn't seem to be working this time, and they are panicking.

About 60% of Americans play some form of video game so, yes, the tar-brush was pretty damn big. And I don't think they (the idiotic SJWs) actually realized that gaming long-ago left 'geek gamer world' and became mainstream.

Frankly, the silly gamer stereotypes they're railing against (and declaring must die/are dead) have been gone for over a decade.

DeepInsideYourMind

Tribble wrote:
sinister wrote: I think there were some previous hints, but I think the straight push from the SJWs to call every gamer a bigot failed in a spectacular fashion. This narrative is just a little too broadly painted I think. The normal method of shame and silence doesn't seem to be working this time, and they are panicking.

About 60% of Americans play some form of video game so, yes, the tar-brush was pretty damn big. And I don't think they (the idiotic SJWs) actually realized that gaming long-ago left 'geek gamer world' and became mainstream.

Frankly, the silly gamer stereotypes they're railing against (and declaring must die/are dead) have been gone for over a decade.
It is working very very well ... so far all the mainstream media is firmly planted in "gaming is sexist" and "women who get criticised on the internet are being attacked by misogynists"

The campaign doesnt need to attack or convince any gamers at all - it just needs to make the studios afraid of having campaigns attacking them as sexist. That isnt a lot of people to convince, probably a few hundred at most, and you don't even need to convince them, just scare them.

It's like the mafia of old ... you pay for protection. It would be very unfortunate should something bad happen to your game studio, but these SJWs can prevent that happening.

sinister

Post by sinister »

The in your face lying from these people is nuts. I am astounded by how stupid they seem to think people are. Of course when a bunch of people are willing to go with the narrative I guess it goes like this.

James Caruthers

And they lack any ability to distinguish trolling from "OMG THIS REPRESENTS ALL GAMERS AND IT TOTES A LEGIT OPINION."

So talking with them about gamers is really pointless.

I know one guy whose entire youtube channel is trolling, mostly in Call of Duty. Whenever a woman is in the chat, EVERY TIME, he politely asks her to make him a sandwich.

He does it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Either the woman herself or a white knight falls for it. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

But these game journalists would claim that his trolling represents the majority of gamers, especially gamers who disagree with SJWs about anything, and that he was completely serious and really does hate all women.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Yeah, OK, I can see this causing a temporary shift in games, but I have faith (tee hee) that it will not last. When sales drop, it won't matter what the mainstream press or any SJWs say, the style of games that gamers want will return.

As I said before, you can fuck with atheists and skeptics all you want. No-one cares because atheists and skeptics don't spend money on anything in particular. But gamers do (spend money on something in particular). And that trumps all.

Scunner

Post by Scunner »

I'm out of the loop. Has Sarkeesian released a new video, or has she just been sucked into this whole #GamerGate mess as a figurehead for women playing the victim card being abused by gamers? If it's the latter, she mustn't be able to believe her luck.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:I'm actually rather surprised that traffic hasn't shot up, what with folks who normally don't go to those sites now taking an interest (e.g., me).
I'm not. It's a population dynamic. SJWs, are a very tiny (to the point of being rather insignificant) part of the population that screams a lot and appears far larger than it is. Gamers (of all stripes), well that's pretty damn huge. About 181 MILLION, in the US alone, part of a world-wide 'community' generating about $25 billion in sales worldwide.

So, if you're pandering to the SJWs, you might be bringing in the SJWs at a far greater rate, you're alienating the hell out of the broad-based community. And while I'm sure most of the 181 million don't dick around on those various gaming sites, enough of them did so that when the quit going there, it was a big hit.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

James Caruthers wrote:I know one guy whose entire youtube channel is trolling, mostly in Call of Duty. Whenever a woman is in the chat, EVERY TIME, he politely asks her to make him a sandwich.
Link, please, if you have it. Sounds fun.

DeepInsideYourMind

Scunner wrote:I'm out of the loop. Has Sarkeesian released a new video, or has she just been sucked into this whole #GamerGate mess as a figurehead for women playing the victim card being abused by gamers? If it's the latter, she mustn't be able to believe her luck.
When the spotlight switched to Zoe Quinn, unfortunate timing but Anita (whose last video was down massively in views from her previous ones) got a death threats. Luckily Anita managed to screen cap them literally within seconds, and then rushed off to alert the media.

DeepInsideYourMind

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:then rushed off to alert the media.
I meant, alert the authorities to a credible threat!

sinister

Post by sinister »

I'm probably just naive about all this though since this seems to be SJW SOP. It's strange that it works so well when the real story is literally a few search queries away.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:... and then rushed off to alert the media.
And, while she tweeted that "the authorities have been notified," I have seen no actual evidence that law enforcement was notified. I won't yet draw any conclusions from this - after all, if LE had been notified, they would be unlikely to make any statements until they were done - but reserve the right to make lots from this later.

DeepInsideYourMind

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
And, while she tweeted that "the authorities have been notified," I have seen no actual evidence that law enforcement was notified. I won't yet draw any conclusions from this - after all, if LE had been notified, they would be unlikely to make any statements until they were done - but reserve the right to make lots from this later.

Apparently she has talked to lots of police departments, but they don't take her seriously ... fucking patriarchy!

http://legionofleia.wordpress.com/2014/ ... -be-angry/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Help request. Has anyone filed away the FB George Hrab screen grab of his views on PZ and Rebecca? Thanks in advance. :)

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:
Tribble wrote:
sinister wrote: I think there were some previous hints, but I think the straight push from the SJWs to call every gamer a bigot failed in a spectacular fashion. This narrative is just a little too broadly painted I think. The normal method of shame and silence doesn't seem to be working this time, and they are panicking.

It is working very very well ... so far all the mainstream media is firmly planted in "gaming is sexist" and "women who get criticised on the internet are being attacked by misogynists"

The campaign doesnt need to attack or convince any gamers at all - it just needs to make the studios afraid of having campaigns attacking them as sexist. That isnt a lot of people to convince, probably a few hundred at most, and you don't even need to convince them, just scare them.

It's like the mafia of old ... you pay for protection. It would be very unfortunate should something bad happen to your game studio, but these SJWs can prevent that happening.
Ah, yes, Moral Panics as a weapon. People fall for them for a while, then realize they've been had and slink away embarrassed. In the end, a few zealots will keep pushing it, but it's over-and-done with in society and things keep going on the way they were going on.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

While searching for inappropriate Call of Duty videos, I found this:

[youtube]G-Wn48geCJ8[/youtube]

sinister

Post by sinister »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:

Apparently she has talked to lots of police departments, but they don't take her seriously ... fucking patriarchy!

You know I don't believe for a second.if she was actually threatened and the cops really blew her off, there would be media reports everywhere. There would be supreme fame in making that a scandal.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:Apparently she has talked to lots of police departments, but they don't take her seriously ... fucking patriarchy!

Please forgive, in advance, my hyperskepticism, but more tweets don't count as actual evidence to me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:Help request. Has anyone filed away the FB George Hrab screen grab of his views on PZ and Rebecca? Thanks in advance. :)

I enacted the labour to track it down.

http://nobodygetsoffended.wordpress.com ... orge-hrab/

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:I'm actually rather surprised that traffic hasn't shot up, what with folks who normally don't go to those sites now taking an interest (e.g., me).
I found it counter intuitive too. Take the Drama pratts at FTB as an example. Upon release of any drama bait, there's always a sharp incline to a spike, before a cliff face, as both the readers drawn by the drama mongering, and regular or semi regular commenters leave.

I would have thought the gaming click would have drawn more external attention than the atheist bubble.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Scunner wrote:I'm out of the loop. Has Sarkeesian released a new video, or has she just been sucked into this whole #GamerGate mess as a figurehead for women playing the victim card being abused by gamers? If it's the latter, she mustn't be able to believe her luck.
Mostly, it's a vulgar scramble to catch the bouquet of Ultimate Harassment points.

http://www.thedjservice.com/blog/wp-con ... 23x682.jpg

Anita's claim to have been "driven out of her house" into a 5 star hotel puts here ahead, followed by Zoe Quinn's claim that she fucked the guy at the convenience store, but didn't win any scratchers, and Melody Hensley as an also ran for claiming she is harassed by existence itself.

DeepInsideYourMind

Mykeru wrote: Mostly, it's a vulgar scramble to catch the bouquet of Ultimate Harassment points.
Women? Competitive? For attention?

Noooo say it ain't so! That's like evolutionist propaganda!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Re: #GamerGate

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested :
or:

FAQ: https://t.co/6rqecnQOVE
Event recap: http://t.co/G78zK4qgRn

sinister

Post by sinister »

Mykeru wrote:
Mostly, it's a vulgar scramble to catch the bouquet of Ultimate Harassment points.

http://www.thedjservice.com/blog/wp-con ... 23x682.jpg

Anita's claim to have been "driven out of her house" into a 5 star hotel puts here ahead, followed by Zoe Quinn's claim that she fucked the guy at the convenience store, but didn't win any scratchers, and Melody Hensley as an also ran for claiming she is harassed by existence itself.
The MH tweets were hilarious to me.

Hey guiz remember me? I was harassed 2. Plz pay attention 2 me. Also some other women are being trolled. Plz remember I had it worse though. K thx bye!

CFI pride must swell every time she sends a tweet. I wonder if Ron Lindsay's alcohol consumption is up over the last year?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Also FYI:
Yes it appears to be a real job. Someone here may be interested?
The Boston University Department of Anthropology invites applications from biological anthropologists for a tenure-­track position at the level of Assistant Professor starting July 2015. The department encourages applicants with research interests in the biology of humans and other primates. The preferred focus will be one or more of the following: evolutionary theory, population or behavioral genetics, and/or brain evolution. Applicants should have completed their Ph.D. by the start date, proven teaching ability, and a strong record of research and publications. Applications should be received before October 15, 2014 to ensure full consideration. Please submit a letter of application including research and teaching statements, curriculum vitae, and names of three references to https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/4297 and address any queries to Prof. Cheryl Knott, Chair, Biological Anthropology Search Committee, Department of Anthropology, Boston University, at bioanjob@bu.edu. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.

DeepInsideYourMind

Great post on The Phobia of Being Called Islamophobic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-riz ... 15218.html

Funnily, if you replace "Islamic" with "Feminist" it is very familiar
And in an increasingly effective move that's fast become something of an epidemic, I can shame you into silence for criticizing my ideas simply by calling you bigoted or Islamophobic.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:Great post on The Phobia of Being Called Islamophobic

And in an increasingly effective move that's fast become something of an epidemic, I can shame you into silence for criticizing my ideas simply by calling you bigoted or Islamophobic.
But not if you identify as a Sand Nigger like me?

acathode

Post by acathode »

Za-zen wrote:
I found it counter intuitive too. Take the Drama pratts at FTB as an example. Upon release of any drama bait, there's always a sharp incline to a spike, before a cliff face, as both the readers drawn by the drama mongering, and regular or semi regular commenters leave.

I would have thought the gaming click would have drawn more external attention than the atheist bubble.
From Alexas page:
"The rank is calculated using a proprietary methodology that combines a site's estimated average of daily unique visitors and its estimated number of pageviews over the past 3 months. "

Could be it takes a while before the spike actually show up, since it's at least partially calculated from a 3 month average of some sort.... though, could also be that, afaik, none of them have really had any own articles about the drama to really draw in the traffic. Could be that this traffic instead has been going to 4chan etc, at least 4chan seem to have been spiking when checking them on alexa (though could also be that school and unis are starting up again).

sinister

Post by sinister »

Wow, what the hell is going on with reddit and this BS? The deletion threads are insane. It's obvious not every damn comment was a dox or anything like that. Does Reddit have a financial stake in this mess?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Za-zen wrote:

But the population of that group of site are SJW drama-queens while the 'normal' and 'mundane' people that were part of his traffic have pretty much left. So the SJWs come in and post like crazy, spiking travel, while the drop off of 'normal and mundane' might be three people at this point...

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/ari ... /14951737/
Arizona statutory rape victim forced to pay child support
Nick Olivas became a father at 14, a fact he wouldn't learn for eight years.While in high school, Olivas had sex with a 20-year-old woman. As he sees it now, she took advantage of a lonely kid going through a rough patch at home.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

AndrewV69 wrote:
DeepInsideYourMind wrote:Great post on The Phobia of Being Called Islamophobic

We should all be so lucky.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/happy-gu ... 028946.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

another lurker wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/ari ... /14951737/
Arizona statutory rape victim forced to pay child support
Nick Olivas became a father at 14, a fact he wouldn't learn for eight years.While in high school, Olivas had sex with a 20-year-old woman. As he sees it now, she took advantage of a lonely kid going through a rough patch at home.
Hey, they gave him time to mature as a wallet. What's the problem?

windy

Post by windy »

Those horrible misogynists at shakesvillekoolaid have finally succeeded in harassing Ana Mardoll off the internet by posting this shockingly threatening question from a reader:
Q: Just curious if anyone here has ever met Melissa or Ana (or any of the other SV mods) IRL? I can't help but wonder they behave as badly in meat space as they do online.

...OK, who knew it was that easy? :roll:

DeepInsideYourMind

AndrewV69 wrote:
Fucking cultural appropriation, you can't even let the niggers have their own identity, you gotta come along and steal it!

sinister

Post by sinister »

windy wrote:Those horrible misogynists at shakesvillekoolaid have finally succeeded in harassing Ana Mardoll off the internet by posting this shockingly threatening question from a reader:
Q: Just curious if anyone here has ever met Melissa or Ana (or any of the other SV mods) IRL? I can't help but wonder they behave as badly in meat space as they do online.

...OK, who knew it was that easy? :roll:
She is aware most of us exist in meatspace right, and that some of us do interact with real people everyday?

sinister

Post by sinister »

It's pretty funny watching white knights telling women what they should think and feel about gamergate and whatnot. The really funny part is when they argue back that the tag is full of terrible dudes. Then the woman asks: like you?

B b but I'm better than those guys baby! Don't you see?

James Caruthers

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:I know one guy whose entire youtube channel is trolling, mostly in Call of Duty. Whenever a woman is in the chat, EVERY TIME, he politely asks her to make him a sandwich.
Link, please, if you have it. Sounds fun.
You hyperskeptical fuck! Check your privilege! Believe victims!

His name is General Minus.

[youtube]bn9ZLnrqGjo[/youtube]

And I'll reiterate again that he does this every. single. time. :lol: You'd think women on the internet (and white knights) would know instantly that "make me a sandwich" is pure outrage bait and nobody actually means it, but people keep falling for it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John D wrote:And somehow this photo is so much less scandalous than a nude selfie? Haha.
1. She was paid for that photo.
2. There is a bit of a dividing line between class of actors/actresses. Doing porn will take them out of doing serious high paid acting work. However, I am not sure these unintentionally leaked photos will have the same affect. I suspect they will do the opposite.
3. I have heard many actors & actresses have a desire for some measure of privacy that is not written about or exposed to the wider world. Self nudies being leaked are at least as harmful as love letters being leaked.

James Caruthers

sinister wrote:Wow, what the hell is going on with reddit and this BS? The deletion threads are insane. It's obvious not every damn comment was a dox or anything like that. Does Reddit have a financial stake in this mess?
Some of the mods may have a relationship with people who know people etc etc gaming journalism. :lol:

Or it could be an ideological thing, IE "harassment is horrible and we define harassment to be certain people having opinions we don't like."

I've seen both (conspiracy) theories proposed.

GamerGate is turning me into Dale Gribble over here.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

sinister wrote:
It's pretty funny watching white knights telling women what they should think and feel about gamergate and whatnot. The really funny part is when they argue back that the tag is full of terrible dudes. Then the woman asks: like you?

B b but I'm better than those guys baby! Don't you see?
Do you follow

https://twitter.com/SalonNotCom

It alternates between retweeting real Salon articles and fake Salon articles that seem very real

http://i.imgur.com/FwFPM6j.jpg

Re: Shoe above, she was blockbotted for those tweets (took it like a man too.) :)

http://i.imgur.com/Wet0QCC.jpg

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Whoops post editing fail, oh well. Ignore that last bit, my edit buttons not working....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

For anyone interested in the irony, there is a JREF thread on the JREF implosion. http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php? ... st10203208

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

The difference here is that it is a more global audience. A decent chunk of them are doing it. Those are niche gaming websites. In this scenario, they have more to lose by calling their core readership shit heads, than they have to gain from SJWer readership.

Let's say the LA times decided to start writing up articles about what worthless assholes the citizens of LA are. While they might gain some national & international gawkers, their core market of readers in the LA area is going to tell them to fuck right on off.

sinister

Post by sinister »

I follow them now.

I thought the blockbot was about harassment? If someone isn't actively watching her feed or that hashtag, how could they be bothered, let alone harassed by those tweets? Looks more like people trying to find reasons to be upset to me. Kinda strange to act surprised when you find exactly what you searched for.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Brive1987 wrote:For anyone interested in the irony, there is a JREF thread on the JREF implosion. http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php? ... st10203208
It's pretty funny to see those very vocal JREF SJWs
A) pretend they have no idea what's going on with the schism.
B) point at other people and talk about having agendas.
C) debate in the least honest way possible almost making your point for you.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

sinister wrote:I follow them now.

I thought the blockbot was about harassment? If someone isn't actively watching her feed or that hashtag, how could they be bothered, let alone harassed by those tweets? Looks more like people trying to find reasons to be upset to me. Kinda strange to act surprised when you find exactly what you searched for.
That is an excellent question. And the person who blocked her engaged on a violent block bot spree blocking many issuers of that hash tag.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Brive1987 wrote:For anyone interested in the irony, there is a JREF thread on the JREF implosion. http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php? ... st10203208
Fuck it. I might as well get some swings in before the JREF forum goes down. You can be the good cop. :D