Old subthreads
Mykeru

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Mykeru »

bovarchist wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Hate to say it,

[img]CH20's%20butt-crack%20cleaner[/img]

But both you guys are a bunch of massive pussies.
If that's a Transformer, we're all doomed.

Tried to find that cartoon drawing of the bicycle ass brush, but couldn't find it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There is a picture at JREF of the Shermer cigar party. Provides general context only.

RemieV has popped in to run interference on her own "hello beautiful" email.

I've fought the good fight suggesting an extended anecdote is still an anecdote without corroboration. A voice in the wilderness. I even had to pull the "strange fruit" canard.

http://i.imgur.com/vjGnwJI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0tUHC58.jpg

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=10228172

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

And now for something something funnier. Remember the fuss the black actress put up regarding the 'unfair complaints of her being a prostitute' and 'having sex in the street,' and it's 'racism that you think I'm a prostitute' story of her suffering 'unreasonable police abuse.'

'
Django Unchained' Actress -- We Got the Pictures ... And It Looks Like Sex

An eyewitness who saw Daniele and Brian as he worked in a nearby office tells TMZ ... Brian was sitting in the passenger seat with his feet on the curb and Daniele was straddling him with her shirt pulled up -- breasts exposed. The eyewitness says she was grinding on top of him, rocking back and forth.

Someone from the office went down and asked Daniele and Brian to stop because everyone in the office could see them but they continued.

The eyewitnesses say Brian then began "horizontally bongoing her boobs back and forth." He says she eventually reached into the center console, grabbed a tissue, wiped him down and then herself and tossed it on the grass.

Anyway, there was a security camera out there. And the pictures, while poor and grainy, give some credence to the eyewitness testimony and complaint.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/17/django-un ... es-photos/

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

bovarchist wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Hate to say it,

http://cdn2.listsoplenty.com/listsoplen ... hine-1.jpg

That's Bagger 288, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagger_288

And I was pleased to see while binge watching Defiance that Bagger 288 survived the Alien Invasion and ended up near St. Louis.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Tribble wrote:Great rebuttle of Herr Meirs attack on Games & Sommers. Not directly at Meyers, but it just shits on his, and those of his ilk, BS:

It is a good article. JacquesCuze actually posted it yesterday as part of his fake Steersman tweet as a way of saying it was better than his own CHS post.

Fuck, I didn't see it. Was busy and jumped to the end instead of trying to keep up.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

bovarchist wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Hate to say it,

http://cdn2.listsoplenty.com/listsoplen ... hine-1.jpg

I had assumed it was the bad guy in the new Saw movie.

windy

Post by windy »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:If the Scots vote yes, then how long before they join the EU, or will they?
The approval from existing members needs to be unanimous, and Spain has already hinted that they would veto, in order to prevent secessionist regions from getting uppity. Spain is still very much a land of provinces, and many people consider themselves, e.g., Basque, Catalan, Aragonian, Leonian more than Spanish.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... rophe.html
Funny, EU countries were falling over themselves to support South Sudanese independence (and still are, even though they promptly started killing each other), but now that it hits closer to home they suddenly remember there are downsides to separatism. Maybe they should set up a "state-building strategy" for Scotland?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

windy wrote:
Funny, EU countries were falling over themselves to support South Sudanese independence (and still are, even though they promptly started killing each other), but now that it hits closer to home they suddenly remember there are downsides to separatism. Maybe they should set up a "state-building strategy" for Scotland?

lol. It'll be something like this within a week:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRevie ... ray_4x.jpg

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Tribble wrote:Great rebuttle of Herr Meirs attack on Games & Sommers. Not directly at Meyers, but it just shits on his, and those of his ilk, BS:

Wow. I don't know the background of the author, but I can tell you that the middle section on the relationship between video games and violence is exactly correct. Most of all, the author mentions the critical study that turned everything on its head: the study showing that neither games-causes-violence or violence-leads-to-gaming is the key; that the correlation is driven almost entirely by the third variable of (lousy) family dynamics.

ps. I love the way you alternate between various misspellings of "Myers"

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Tribble wrote:And now for something something funnier. Remember the fuss the black actress put up regarding the 'unfair complaints of her being a prostitute' and 'having sex in the street,' and it's 'racism that you think I'm a prostitute' story of her suffering 'unreasonable police abuse.'

'

An eyewitness who saw Daniele and Brian as he worked in a nearby office tells TMZ ... Brian was sitting in the passenger seat with his feet on the curb and Daniele was straddling him with her shirt pulled up -- breasts exposed. The eyewitness says she was grinding on top of him, rocking back and forth.

Someone from the office went down and asked Daniele and Brian to stop because everyone in the office could see them but they continued.

The eyewitnesses say Brian then began "horizontally bongoing her boobs back and forth." He says she eventually reached into the center console, grabbed a tissue, wiped him down and then herself and tossed it on the grass.

Anyway, there was a security camera out there. And the pictures, while poor and grainy, give some credence to the eyewitness testimony and complaint.

Ha! It's dry humping at the very least. But wait... I thought this kind of thing never happened in Studio City. ;)

If I were her, I'd stay under the radar for a while. Between the pictures and the multiple eye witnesses, this has gone way beyond reasonable suspicion or even probable cause. If they charge her, it's likely to stick.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

If there is a just god, first, I'm sorry, dude, but you really needed to give me more to go on, and, second, please don't let the above be deleted.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

jugheadnaut wrote:If I were her, I'd stay under the radar for a while. Between the pictures and the multiple eye witnesses, this has gone way beyond reasonable suspicion or even probable cause. If they charge her, it's likely to stick.
"I was being raped, you bastards!" in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:If I were her, I'd stay under the radar for a while. Between the pictures and the multiple eye witnesses, this has gone way beyond reasonable suspicion or even probable cause. If they charge her, it's likely to stick.
"I was being raped, you bastards!" in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...
:lol: You're very good at seeing alternatives that I miss. ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mykeru wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Hate to say it,

CH20's%20butt-crack%20cleaner

Tried to find that cartoon drawing of the bicycle ass brush, but couldn't find it.
http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/1750868_700b.jpg

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

My default prediction these days is that people will double, triple, or quadruple down before either running and hiding or actually fessing up. At the risk of parroting Jon Stewart (back when his show wasn't all about him), folks are banking on the laziness and cowardliness of the media; they know if they just keep piling on the lies, one will finally succeed and all the previous lies will be forgotten.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/1750868_700b.jpg

Call me a hyperskeptic, but unless the guy is pedaling backwards, the bits and pieces flying out of his ass are going the wrong direction.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Tribble wrote:And now for something something funnier. Remember the fuss the black actress put up regarding the 'unfair complaints of her being a prostitute' and 'having sex in the street,' and it's 'racism that you think I'm a prostitute' story of her suffering 'unreasonable police abuse.'

'

Ha! It's dry humping at the very least. But wait... I thought this kind of thing never happened in Studio City. ;)

If I were her, I'd stay under the radar for a while. Between the pictures and the multiple eye witnesses, this has gone way beyond reasonable suspicion or even probable cause. If they charge her, it's likely to stick.
Well, I sit corrected. I'd stand but um, can't stand right now.

(fwiw, what I think I said was hooking and hooking in a car doesn't occur often in that part of Studio City, and I stand by that.)

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I've been watching a lot of Karen Straughan this week. Particularly interesting are her statements concerning A Voice For Men, as they don't seem to match at all with the sentiments I see around here. If it were someone I didn't respect, I'd be able to dismiss their opinion based solely off the the pit's testimony, such is my esteem for you fuckers ;)

But I do respect her, so I'd be interested in hearing everyone's opinion on the group, and how they arrived at it.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

I've got a suggested panel.

Stephanie Zvan, Adria Richards and Alex McDonald on How To Conduct A Job Search When You Have An Extensive Online Social Justice Activism Profile. Moderated by Shanley Kane.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

jet_lagg wrote:I've been watching a lot of Karen Straughan this week. Particularly interesting are her statements concerning A Voice For Men, as they don't seem to match at all with the sentiments I see around here. If it were someone I didn't respect, I'd be able to dismiss their opinion based solely off the the pit's testimony, such is my esteem for you fuckers ;)

But I do respect her, so I'd be interested in hearing everyone's opinion on the group, and how they arrived at it.
Compared to other MRA leaders I had followed, Warren Farrell, Glenn Sacks, etc., AVFM always seems

+ inflammatory
+ loose respect to the facts
+ high in vitriol to anyone who disagrees
+ loathe to correct itself
+ incredibly prone to creating "parodies" that regardless of their content would only be used against AVFM and against all MRAs, including
] Bash a violent bitch month
] At least two "satires" badly carried off railing against Jews to portray how close feminism is to nazism, the problem being the satires were so poorly done it would easily be misled by supporters and detractors as supporting anti-semitism.
+ going way over the top in response to their critics (search the site for Cathy Young, and see how she is treated as worse than Marcotte in their eyes because she dared criticize them in one sentence of one paragraph that mostly took feminism to task) -- AND yes, when I pointed out their nonsense in a comment and defended Young, they banned me for dissenting

They claim they need to act like assholes to get anyone to notice, and that might be true, but if so, they should be out loud and proud assholes, instead whenever their bullshit is pointed out, they deny it.

So they try to be both good cop and bad cop and their bad cop act is so much better and so much stronger that everyone knows them as bad cop. They should have helped sponsor a good cop site.

Elam is both stupid and incredibly stupid. They created a site called register-her which in many ways wasn't such a bad thing, they claimed they would only list women where the complainant had sources to back them up: court papers or newspaper accounts. But then Elam declared in a podcast that it would be used basically as a tool of harassment against anyone they disliked, thus kicking out the one leg they had to stand on. Oops.

They are incredibly inconsistent, saying they will stop using mangina one month, then the next months going back to it again and again.

They are on my RSS feed, but I can't tell you the last time I read an article there to the end, because for the past six months, the site is basically unreadable and of no value.

+ The articles are way overly long and in drastic need of editing
+ Many articles have this pseudo academic tenor to them that makes them uninteresting, and without citations makes them more cringe worthy than readable
+ Most articles add little to an MRA's life to make that life easier except a reason to hate on feminists and women

So they can fuck themselves.

They did run a conference, and when they announced it, I was one of the first at reddit to support it, because the schedule of speakers was outstanding and spoke mainly to father's issues.

But on day to day basis, they rarely speak about issues of father's rights.

Other MRA sites I have bookmarked as containing useful research: glennsacks.com and a voiceformalestudents. But there really are no useful resources at AVFM, everything is derivative and comes from some other source.

Basically Elam poisoned his own well. He did that he says to get attention, and it worked. Terrific, he's a nationally known buffoon.

I am curious how anyone finds hte time to listen to 30 minute or longer youtube videos. The thought of listening to one drives me to suicidal ideation.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

jet_lagg wrote:I've been watching a lot of Karen Straughan this week. Particularly interesting are her statements concerning A Voice For Men, as they don't seem to match at all with the sentiments I see around here. If it were someone I didn't respect, I'd be able to dismiss their opinion based solely off the the pit's testimony, such is my esteem for you fuckers ;)

I have very limited personal experience reading/watching A Voice For Men media. But my understanding is that the main complaint against them from these quarters is that while much of their stuff is fine, too often their anger causes them to cross the line into actual misogyny. Perhaps there are others that can provide examples.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

jugheadnaut wrote:

Stephanie Zvan, Adria Richards and Alex McDonald on How To Conduct A Job Search When You Have An Extensive Online Social Justice Activism Profile. Moderated by Shanley Kane.
Or a debate between Avicenna and Melody Hensley: My PTSD from Twitter is worse than yours from hearing distant explosions in Kuwait when you were a toddler.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

jugheadnaut wrote:

Melody Hensley and a US grunt with two very lively tours of Afghanistan behind him.
Topic: "Your opponent is a workshy lunatic who has no idea what PTSD really is, nor how much they are devaluing its diagnostic currency by pretending they have it. Discuss."

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Lsuoma wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: I think the arrogance of utopians is a key point to emphasize.
I think arrogance is very generous James. To me, such thinking is dangerous no matter which paradise they proffer. The mindset seems to be primarily dysfunctional; it is an inability to accept that they are hostile and broken, not the world. They must fix the world because they cannot fix themselves. As far as I can tell this means that the entire gamut of human belief, experience and attitude must be cut to suit their ideologically pure cloth and that those who disagree must be less than human. Once established who the pure and the diabolical are it is only a matter of time until the knives come out, metaphorically or physically.

To me Victim-Feminism is only a single example of this destructive mentality that a lot of humans still belabour under the impression that they are the good guys, even when beheading children or shovelling minorities into furnaces.
I see it as very similar to the Bolshevik mentality, driven by hate and envy, and mired in unreality. If you want to know what would happen if they gained power, look at Soviet history.
Indeed, but the Bolsheviks were just another symptom of the same condition that also drove the Nazi's, drives ISIL. Absolute certainty and a hatred of dissent. This is why free speech is mocked and degenerate art is so important to them, why defamation is valuable, as are witch hunts, inquisitions, purges. I think the actual condition could be described as "Useful Idiots."

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Omg yes. Been looking for this pic for ages...

http://i.imgur.com/ufzFlRY.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Here's the deal, a lot of those guys have gone through a living hell and are angry and pretty damn bitter. Kind of like Herr Miers and the rest of the SJW league, only most of them have been pampered little fucks and haven't lost everything -- children, houses, careers, businesses, etc. -- to a prejudiced and bigoted legal system that panders to women and crushes men.

In their anger and bitterness, they act out, just like the SJWs most of us despise.

And speaking solely for myself, I don't screaming and yelling and acting ike fools to be very useful in advocacy. As it is, men are already behind the 8-ball in pressing thier complaints and explaining their issues. Acting like SJWs and writing/saying stupid stuff and then calling 'sarcasm' or 'irony' doesn't stop people from believing the literal interpretation and forming a negative impression.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Glen_Davidson wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
**stuff**
Surely you wouldn't rather that Nugent not finally take on the yammering ignoramuses, would you? Seems better late than never, even if it hardly shows much dedication to principle and/or courage.

More importantly, though, shouldn't we ask if atheism really works in larger society? Are SJW parasites an aberration, or something highly likely to arise and ruin it for the rest when atheism becomes a broader position in society? I can't say that atheism has a very good track record as a social movement.

But that's devil's-advocate for a question that I think should be considered. Perhaps leaders more dedicated to principles of skepticism would marginalize a Pizzle before he became dangerous. Are such leaders likely, or not--and, could they be made more likely somehow? Or is it too tempting to go easy on "our guys" (and everyone does it--ripping apart an ally over something seen as trivial isn't good form) that there will always be leeches sucking out the good and leaving behind only shit?

I do think these are questions that deserve at least good attempts at answering.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p
Nugent is doing it for the wrong reason. A friend is being attacked. As soon as that stops so will he. He has had numerous opportunities to do similar before and for far more egregious issues but he has ignored them. I am also not convinced it will do much at all. But that remains to be seen. If he continues on this path then I will change my mind.
<SNIP>.
Yep, totally the wrong reason.

Even in his post he is trying to remain friends with Oaphie, even as she virtually spits on him via Twitter. She is showing complete disdain for him, and despite this he keeps praising her and telling her that it's just this one little thing that he is a bit upset about.

He cannot see that this is not an isolated incident, it isn't the views of one isolated cretin, it is an ideology, one the people he is praising are fully signed up to.

He won't "take a side", as doing that requires that you upset and distance some people - he won't alienate any of his 'friends' because his nature is to try and act as a mediator and moderator - he believes that there is a middle ground that people can be brought into.

And while he and Silverman are setting up their big tent, there are SJWs running around with lit torches setting fire to the guy-ropes

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well fuck you and your Shermer apathy privilege.

:)

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Tribble wrote:

Here's the deal, a lot of those guys have gone through a living hell and are angry and pretty damn bitter. Kind of like Herr Miers and the rest of the SJW league, only most of them have been pampered little fucks and haven't lost everything -- children, houses, careers, businesses, etc. -- to a prejudiced and bigoted legal system that panders to women and crushes men.

In their anger and bitterness, they act out, just like the SJWs most of us despise.

And speaking solely for myself, I don't screaming and yelling and acting ike fools to be very useful in advocacy. As it is, men are already behind the 8-ball in pressing thier complaints and explaining their issues. Acting like SJWs and writing/saying stupid stuff and then calling 'sarcasm' or 'irony' doesn't stop people from believing the literal interpretation and forming a negative impression.
One of Karen's better videos in fact acknowledges the anger and explains it
[youtube]K9G9AAhlMo4[/youtube]

Regardless, AVFM should have understood that going to 12 on the anger scale would only be used against them, forever.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I just watched X-men: Days of Future Past. Wow, just wow!
I was going to watch it tonight, but didn't have time. I'll give it a look tomorrow. I quite like that Professor Xavier.

http://i.imgur.com/a3I61Ua.png

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Richard Dworkins

Ugh. I've been barely able to tolerate the volume of shite pouring out of people mouths (on both sides of the shambles that's been called debate) over the last couple of weeks because of the Referendum and now it's spread here too.

Roll on Saturday.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I just watched X-men: Days of Future Past. Wow, just wow!
I was going to watch it tonight, but didn't have time. I'll give it a look tomorrow. I quite like that Professor Xavier.
Sadly I thought it was thoroughly average to meh - EXCEPT the Quicksilver stuff, which was just beyond brilliant

Unfortunately the "lets dump Quicksilver now" was clumsy and only required for the film to work - it was all redundant if Quicksilver had helped out

But Quicksilver was brilliant

austin

Post by austin »

We'll soon be finding out if the people of Winterfell, Castle Black and north of the Wall will be leaving Westeros.

Here's a nice video summary I found on the topic.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Jan Steen wrote:Indeed. I see our SJWs as being the kind of idiots who used to idolize Mao and his Little Red Book, and did so stubbornly until they could no longer deny that they were worshipping one of the most evil mass murderers in human history. Is there anyone left who still reads the LRB to marvel at the wisdom of Chairman Mao? There have been and always will be idiots who believe that they are the righteous ones for having embraced a bunch of dogmas. Only the nature of the idiocy may change a bit.
There are still a few genuine communists from the 70s here in Sweden. Most notable is probably Jan Myrdal, the son of Alva and Gunar Myrdal (both Nobel laureates!), who was a unofficial leader of the Swedish Maoists during the 70s. In the 90s he caused quite a few controversies because he still insisted on defending Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, denying their crimes and for example claiming that the Chinese governments actions during the 1989 protests at Tienanmen Square were necessary and legitimate.

In 2008 his foundation created "Jan Myrdal's big prize - The Lenin Prize", which is a cultural prize of 100,000 SEK (~$14,000) annually awarded to "writer or artist who works in Jan Myrdal socially critical and rebellious tradition". A surprising number of well known and respected people have accepted this prize.

If you scratch the surface and dig a bit you find even more, for example the party leader of Feminist Initiative, Gudrun Schyman, started her political career in the Marxist-Leninist Struggle League, which on it's official agenda had weaponized revolution.

Ã…sa Linderborg, the cheif editor of the culture section of Sweden's biggest newspaper, Aftonbladet, was a member of Communistic Youth. Just a few months ago she published an editorial article complaining about the "russophobia" in Swedish media after Putin invaded Ukraine, and in the same article she also claims that the "hypothesis" that WW2 was started by Germany and Soviet is "original".

Sven Wollter is a beloved Swedish actor, who still is a party member of the Communist Party, and IIRC he can be found reading this years communist manifesto on youtube.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I made a throwaway quip at George Galloway a leading no campaigner, a fantastic orator and debater, about the temptation to say "fuck the English" meant comically, though twitter of course lacks that conveyance.

The eejit of course took it as an opening to pontificate on how sad such a mindset was. (I actually agree, though it's a reaction I understand), of course this brought in a couple of his groupies with accusations of nationalism and such. George shut up quicker than an altar boy round a priest, when I threw into the mix British foreign policy and how it may cause scots to want to distance themselves from the UK.

He did favourite further silly twats by his groupies which smacked of nationalist pomposity in the face of historical record.

I love ironym it is my most beautiful muse.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

another lurker wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ko78E6e.jpg
Where are the seagulls when you need them?

Richard Dworkins

KiwiInOz wrote:
So are those suspects for the recent murders in Thailand?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

austin wrote:We'll soon be finding out if the people of Winterfell, Castle Black and north of the Wall will be leaving Westeros.

There's an exit poll showing 54-46 'No'. If that holds up, it's probably just enough of a margin that it won't be interpreted as close.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

KiwiInOz wrote:
CH2O getting some sun.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

KiwiInOz wrote:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011 ... m-8201.jpg

Mine?

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

I assume that you all keep re-posting this picture because you're trying to figure out if the left leg of the woman in the center is (a) digging into the sand, (b) bent back underneath her, or (c) monstrously huge. Correct?

I mean, it's not like you all are going to back up Snarkeesian by saying that figures in the background are important, correct?

austin

Post by austin »

BarnOwl wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011 ... m-8201.jpg

Mine?
SEVERE SUNBURN ALERT.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote:Well fuck you and your Shermer apathy privilege.

:)
OK, I'll break out of my Shermer apathy stupor for a little while. Alison Smith's explanation seems plausible. She was being extra friendly trying to entice Shermer unknowingly into an uncomfortable situation. She claims it was to educate him, but payback was the more likely motive. But I think this explanation is still more consistent with sex that she regrets, and blames Shermer for, rather than really believing she was raped.

It's pretty clear that Shermer is what in the old days would be called a cad. When he sees an available woman he's attracted to at a party, he'll try to seduce them. And alcohol will likely be involved. But feminists assume that when a man is 'plying' a woman with alcohol, his goal is usually to incapacitate them for the purpose of having sex. This is actually very rare, and when it happens it is indeed rape. But the goal is usually to lower inhibitions. A woman with lowered inhibitions due to alcohol can still fully consent to sex, but her decision becomes more about short term desires than longer term implications. This type of sex can and frequently does lead to later regret, but in this case it's a mistake, not rape. I certainly don't endorse this kind of behavior. But a man who does it is a 'cad', or in Randi's words a 'bad boy', not a rapist.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I spent several months on their forums. Way too many true believers for my taste.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/1750868_700b.jpg

Call me a hyperskeptic, but unless the guy is pedaling backwards, the bits and pieces flying out of his ass are going the wrong direction.
Figures Das Tit had it at hand. It could have extra gearing in the cassette to reverse the wheel. A small price to pay for a lemon-fresh gusset.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

There's nothing wrong with A Voice for Men that couldn't be solved by sending Paul Elam on an extended vacation on the Island of Elba.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

:lol:

I'm fascinated with simple caricatures, probably because I can't do them but would like to. In this case, we really just have a few lines, a circle and some scribbles with absolutely no shading and yet it's unmistakably Melody Hensley, as much as if it were a photograph. I'm familiar with pareidolia, and no doubt that's playing a big role here. But I wonder what percentage of people have the sort of features that makes them so easy to caricature clearly. Does the fact that she has such a distinctive hairstyle and glasses make this possible?

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

https://i.imgur.com/Fc97aW7.jpg

mykeru going to church

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote: Even in his post he is trying to remain friends with Oaphie, even as she virtually spits on him via Twitter. She is showing complete disdain for him, and despite this he keeps praising her and telling her that it's just this one little thing that he is a bit upset about.

He cannot see that this is not an isolated incident, it isn't the views of one isolated cretin, it is an ideology, one the people he is praising are fully signed up to.

He won't "take a side", as doing that requires that you upset and distance some people - he won't alienate any of his 'friends' because his nature is to try and act as a mediator and moderator - he believes that there is a middle ground that people can be brought into.
I had this Uncle by marriage with my loopy Aunt that was totally into EST back in the day. Werner Earhard, being paid money to be screamed at, the whole deal. He was the very definition of "too liberal to take his own side in an argument". I remember one dinner table conversation where he claimed that dressing too nicely put the blame on him for being mugged.

He thought he was enlightened, whereas he was a posturing piece of shit. He wore this crap thinking it made him a sage the same way Stephen Segal thinks wearing a Nehru jacket and beads makes him a Buddhist.

The problem that plagues the Atheist community in particular is just this kind of posturing. Where people aren't trying to drill down to something like reality, but prove how damned open minded they are, and entirely dispense with substance to maintain a smug style that lets them fence sit endlessly, because nothing says how sensible you are like having a pointed wood slat jammed up your ass.

You know the XKCD cartoon about the agnostic throwing up his hands and leaving the issue unresolved provided it makes him think he's superior? Yeah, they are like that.
another lurker wrote:Omg yes. Been looking for this pic for ages...

Castro's got one ugly-assed turkey neck.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

This should be done with bin Laden, and the belly button can represent a bullet hole in his forehead. If a man then has sex with her, he is screwing bin Laden.

And if the woman wants to remain celibate, she can shave and it can be done with Greg Laden. More effective than a chastity belt.

Glen_Davidson

Post by Glen_Davidson »

Mykeru wrote:
DeepInsideYourMind wrote: Even in his post he is trying to remain friends with Oaphie, even as she virtually spits on him via Twitter. She is showing complete disdain for him, and despite this he keeps praising her and telling her that it's just this one little thing that he is a bit upset about.

I had this Uncle by marriage with my loopy Aunt that was totally into EST back in the day. Werner Earhard, being paid money to be screamed at, the whole deal. He was the very definition of "too liberal to take his own side in an argument". I remember one dinner table conversation where he claimed that dressing too nicely put the blame on him for being mugged.

He thought he was enlightened, whereas he was a posturing piece of shit. He wore this crap thinking it made him a sage the same way Stephen Segal thinks wearing a Nehru jacket and beads makes him a Buddhist.

The problem that plagues the Atheist community in particular is just this kind of posturing. Where people aren't trying to drill down to something like reality, but prove how damned open minded they are, and entirely dispense with substance to maintain a smug style that lets them fence sit endlessly, because nothing says how sensible you are like having a pointed wood slat jammed up your ass.

You know the XKCD cartoon about the agnostic throwing up his hands and leaving the issue unresolved provided it makes him think he's superior? Yeah, they are like that.

Castro's got one ugly-assed turkey neck.
And yet, a part of me likes it a lot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/09/ ... eLarge.jpg

"Poling", now there's something we can all get behind.

http://i.imgur.com/E5GX5Mt.jpg

Oh, shut the fuck up, Melody.

austin

Post by austin »

Mykeru wrote:

There's nothing wrong with A Voice for Men that couldn't be solved by sending Paul Elam on an extended vacation on the Island of Elba.
I generally like Karen Straughan, based on some of the videos I've seen on her critique of feminism seem spot on, which is all I care about or have paid attention to. As far as AVFM, I have little to no knowledge of, nor do I care. Critique of feminism doesn't entail embracing of radical masculinism.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Gumby wrote:[.img]http://i.imgur.com/E5GX5Mt.jpg[/img]
:lol:

I'm fascinated with simple caricatures, probably because I can't do them but would like to. In this case, we really just have a few lines, a circle and some scribbles with absolutely no shading and yet it's unmistakably Melody Hensley, as much as if it were a photograph. I'm familiar with pareidolia, and no doubt that's playing a big role here. But I wonder what percentage of people have the sort of features that makes them so easy to caricature clearly. Does the fact that she has such a distinctive hairstyle and glasses make this possible?
Actually, the face caricature came from this shop I found:
https://38.media.tumblr.com/61775c77839 ... 1_1280.jpg

The hard part for me was blanking as much detail and shadings as possible (to try to keep it kinda unicolor ala Tweety)while keeping it still unmistakably Hensley. It is weird - if I had just seen a crop of the face without the surrounding PTSD identifiers in the pic, I still would have known it was her. I guess it's just the gift humans have for pattern recognition.

austin

Post by austin »

jugheadnaut wrote:
austin wrote:We'll soon be finding out if the people of Winterfell, Castle Black and north of the Wall will be leaving Westeros.

There's an exit poll showing 54-46 'No'. If that holds up, it's probably just enough of a margin that it won't be interpreted as close.
I predicted a NO vote earlier. I'm not surprised. I think they got cold feet especially because of the economic uncertainty Independence would entail. However, it wouldn't surprise me if another vote would come up in the future with a different result. It also would surprise me if succession movements in the US gain traction in the future.