O, there was lightning in my blood,
Red lightning lighten'd thro' my blood.
My Dark Rosaleen!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Ape+lust »

John Greg wrote:3. You say [Myers] "Defends a confessed serial child rapist" Has he actually defended Oggie, or just given him tacit support and safe space?
http://imgur.com/KOtM0nu.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

James Caruthers wrote:[youtubQQg[/youtube]

Can't wait for the "Blacks" ad. :bjarte:

[youtube]FR3ChDXCv0I[/youtube]

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

James Caruthers wrote: I don't understand feminist literary critics at all.
If it makes you feel any better ... they don't either

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

A Dell executive is being stupid out loud on Twitter. Specifically, George Reese, Senior Distinguished Engineer and Executive Director, Cloud Computing at Dell. Holy cow, is this guy an idiot.

http://imgur.com/8ePATng.png

http://imgur.com/8imQe2E.png

http://imgur.com/ui296UH.png

http://imgur.com/FTQI3He.png

http://imgur.com/9HLjKq5.png

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Hmm...maybe I'll try, but on a slightly less humourous note:

There once was a woman from Phuket
Who kept all her teeth in a bucket
And when she did blow
It was never for show
And none of the SOCJUS confront it.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Pitchguest wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I just watched the latest episode of Doctor Who.

What the fuck is Stefen Moffat doing? What the fuck was that?
The moon hatching a chicken one?

*Spoilers*
Well since the cat's out of the bag, yes. That one. What the hell were they thinking?
Remember that it is a children's show (with adult undertones).

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

bovarchist wrote:Quick Pitpoll: How many people here have ever seen or heard of a WWII photograph called Wait For Me Daddy?
I had never seen it until it showed up here

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

blitzem wrote:
bovarchist wrote:Quick Pitpoll: How many people here have ever seen or heard of a WWII photograph called Wait For Me Daddy?
I had never seen it until it showed up here
Saw it about a month ago on Listverse. Entry 8 "Warren ‘Whitey’ Bernard":

http://listverse.com/2014/08/16/10-real ... otographs/

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

bovarchist wrote:I hate to admit it, but...

I don't think we're going to get any more episodes of Zvannity and Poems.

The comments on her post (all two of them) seem decidedly unenthusiastic at the idea of reading ANYTHING from the Pit, even to mock it. And I suspect we broke her with our 'shock and awe poetry slam' anyway. I don't think she has the heart for a second offering. She knows she's beat.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Ms Zvan is the speaker at LAWAAG on Tues Oct 7. She may have been en route to LA and thus unable to sample the Pit's delicacies in the past day. It may be that spending time in the misogyny-room at CFI-LA will whet her appetite for sweet treats she can share with her readers. (Both of them.)

Oh, and please note that the post up at Skepchick about the Oct 7 LAWAAG event specifically welcomes EVERYONE to attend. (Even dogs and ponies, says Ms Davis Roth.)

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

It's pretty famous in these parts.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I just want to observe again that the entirety of Stephanie Svan's rhetorical arsenal consists of nothing other than whining that people are saying mean things about her. That's it. It's not even like she once made tangible contributions to atheism, and now is complaining. All she's ever done, from day one, is complain. Her intellectual and emotional development has been in stasis since age 8.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

AC/DC's new single Play Ball is out :rimshot: (sans Malcolm :cry: )

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... 0rgu4.html

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:A Dell executive is being stupid out loud on Twitter. Specifically, George Reese, Senior Distinguished Engineer and Executive Director, Cloud Computing at Dell. Holy cow, is this guy an idiot.

[.img]http://imgur.com/8ePATng.png[/img]
[.img]http://imgur.com/8imQe2E.png[/img]
[.img]http://imgur.com/ui296UH.png[/img]
[.img]http://imgur.com/FTQI3He.png[/img]
[.img]http://imgur.com/9HLjKq5.png[/img]
I was actually stunned when I saw it earlier:
Do you have any idea how much effort Dell spent to break into the large Corporate data centre environment? Does George have any idea how many of the people Dell is trying to sell to in this environment are gamers themselves?

He would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. He just hurt Dell right in the pocketbook. The only question is how much?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Sounds just like AC/DC. It's really a shame about Malcolm.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:... now he toils away in obscurity, raising Petsmart fish in tanks in his classroom ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Matt needs a quote at his blog for Oggie being around 12 when he allegedly raped those three girls. I don't want to enact the labor.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Bah, ok, from Matt's own blog circle:

http://skeptischism.com/moseszd/2013/11 ... ed-rapist/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And Matt, please try and fix this auto-mod stuff, it's annoying as fuck.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

KiwiInOz wrote:I just watched the latest episode of Doctor Who.

They have an alien travelling through time in a police box. They have pepper pots with shrieking voices as the bad guys. They had living statues, potato-looking warrior aliens, lizardmen evolved from dinosaurs, space whales, etc.

Why is the moon hatching more ridiculous than what they've done before?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pitchguest wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I just watched the latest episode of Doctor Who.

The moon hatching a chicken one?

*Spoilers*
Well since the cat's out of the bag, yes. That one. What the hell were they thinking?
I was following the Welch (rip) policy on spoilers :)

I'm almost certain the 'plot' was a simple contrivance to have Amy-lite slam the door on the doctor in the never ending soap opera that is the new who-new. It seems a very long time ago since Turn Left, Midnight and the Library.

Guesthouse

Post by Guesthouse »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Short video clip of PZ Myers and Sam Harris from 2009. I was shocked and stunned to see Myers sounding somewhat reasonable and making the case for civility, openness, and having conversations with those who disagree.
:o
[youtube]ilWM7jIEN_k[/youtube]

In the intervening years Myers has become a shadow of his former self, reduced to spreading gossip on his blog and biting at the heels of the likes of Harris. I wonder if that has something to do with why Myers has become a widely-mocked virtual nobody whereas Harris has become a best-selling author, regular contributor to many widely-read newspapers and websites, a guest on popular shows like Colbert, Real Time with Bill Maher, O'Reilly, and a widely respected member of the atheist/skeptical communities.
Has anyone done a timeline on his downward spiral? I would be curious if it started when he was questioned why he decided not to show any pics from Draw Mohammad day(or blaspheme day what ever it's called).

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

John Greg wrote:For anyone who is interested -- I know it is not a topic of much interest, but what the heck, I find it fascinating to watch people flame out publically, while ragingly maintaining that they hold the One True Way to Truth and Justice! -- the Atheism Plus Blogs (http://atheismplus.com/blogs/), which is an offshoot from the A+ BBS, appears to have completely given up on their highly touted effort to create some kind of socially active tax-exempt volunteer, save-the-world, charity thingamabobble.

I guess maybe after receiving a whopping, what was it? twenty dollars when they ran that last anniversary donation thingy, they realized that they're are just wasting hope and breath, and most true SJLers would rather buy RegretaVogs, or summat.

It is now nothing more than a moribund blog featuring five of the more oddball freaks from the A+ circus, two of whom haven't even posted anything at all, two other of whom's last posts were August 11 and August 20, respectively, and that shit-for-brains weirdo, Great American Satan, who makes some occasional guest visits to Ophie's House of CutAndPaste, and is still prattling on with increasingly weird and meaningless prattle.

Way-to-go A+ Heroes of Productive Social Justice! Bravo! I'd write a poem or a limerick for you, but I just haven't got the time to enact the labour right now.
I can't remember a video interview with Alexei Sayle about growing up with Maoist parents that I haven't got time to look for right now because I haven't long before going to work, where he said most people only join hard-left organisations to kick other people out of them.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

John Greg wrote:For anyone who is interested -- I know it is not a topic of much interest, but what the heck, I find it fascinating to watch people flame out publically, while ragingly maintaining that they hold the One True Way to Truth and Justice! -- the Atheism Plus Blogs (http://atheismplus.com/blogs/), which is an offshoot from the A+ BBS, appears to have completely given up on their highly touted effort to create some kind of socially active tax-exempt volunteer, save-the-world, charity thingamabobble.

I guess maybe after receiving a whopping, what was it? twenty dollars when they ran that last anniversary donation thingy, they realized that they're are just wasting hope and breath, and most true SJLers would rather buy RegretaVogs, or summat.

It is now nothing more than a moribund blog featuring five of the more oddball freaks from the A+ circus, two of whom haven't even posted anything at all, two other of whom's last posts were August 11 and August 20, respectively, and that shit-for-brains weirdo, Great American Satan, who makes some occasional guest visits to Ophie's House of CutAndPaste, and is still prattling on with increasingly weird and meaningless prattle.

Way-to-go A+ Heroes of Productive Social Justice! Bravo! I'd write a poem or a limerick for you, but I just haven't got the time to enact the labour right now.
I can't remember a video interview with Alexei Sayle about growing up with Maoist parents that I haven't got time to look for right now because I haven't long before going to work, where he said most people only join hard-left organisations to kick other people out of them.

Immanuel K

Post by Immanuel K »

Since the Pit seems to have become properly Yemminized, maybe i should focus on my shoop talent.
The shoop to end all shoops.

It´s uniquely fine tuned to give the Zvanlet the horror experience she clearly expects from the Pit.
Ape+Gumby. Go hide in a corner
This will make Mykerus Gifs look like childs play.

DNSFW ( Not that the zvanlet have a job, but anyway)

....scroll....

.....scroll....

....scroll.....

BAM!
http://www.ppframing.com/Site_Images/IT ... or-web.jpg

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Poetry Slam distracted me quite a little, but I finally finished

PZ Myers' Glass House

in which I contrast Peezus' prudish moralizing, finger-wagging, and slandering of slymepitters, with his own dark, disturbing sexual undercurrents.

Thanks to everyone who helped me source material for it (I've been compiling the damning evidence for a while), and especially Ape+Lust for use of his classic shop of baby Peezus.
That was a terrific read, thanks.

I'd make one small request for revision though...that you call FreeThoughtBlogs by its proper name. Note the irony of its name by all means, but calling it Thought Free Blogs unadorned, as if that were its real name, makes you seem petty and childish. Just a thought.
But I am petty and childish.
Who was it came up with "Fat Head Blogs"? It doesn't fit the acronym, but it made me laugh.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Matt: now my comment with the link I posted here seems to have completely disappeared from your blog, not even in moderation anymore, just gone.

Anything you wish to tell the classroom?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Right now:

OMG it's alive. I'm turning my lights off right now

http://i.imgur.com/iePNgW9.jpg

Post by Guest »

Immanuel K

Post by Immanuel K »

Since Zvan-related stuff is getting a bit tiresome i´ll change subject.

This is about a fictional female super hero. Like in video games and the atheist community i think there´s a need for strong female role models. And this goes for the totes dude-bro limerick-movement to.

Have the Dick-Oafie treaty been breached?
Or a Sphincter of Color been bleached?
Signal away to the scatwomans cave
And patriarchy will soon be beseeched

In her steamer-lined scatmobile-wagon
She fights the misogyny Braahgon
Engulfs Steven Pinker, then aims with her stinker
At Dawkins with her fecal ray gun

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Poetry Slam distracted me quite a little, but I finally finished

PZ Myers' Glass House

in which I contrast Peezus' prudish moralizing, finger-wagging, and slandering of slymepitters, with his own dark, disturbing sexual undercurrents.

Thanks to everyone who helped me source material for it (I've been compiling the damning evidence for a while), and especially Ape+Lust for use of his classic shop of baby Peezus.
Fine work Matt!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

A comment held in moderation at Michael Nugent's, another disappeared from Matt's. Yeah, I think I'll just give up on blogs, however open they are, and stick to the Pit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'll save my Nugent post here, just in case:
Phil Giordana FCD October 7, 2014 at 7:26 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Myers has proven himself to be a liar and twister of facts when it suits his agenda, like saying Michael is “defending and protecting a haven for harassers, misogynists and rapists” (projection much, Myers?). I don’t see why, knowing what we know about him (wink wink nudge nudge A Hermit), we should take anything he says seriously, including his “grenade” post. At least, until ALL parties have been able to weigh in, and this includes JREF to which the original complaint was made.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Look, I did it! Killed the Pit again!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Out of moderation at Michael Nugent's now.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Heh, I just noticed "liar" was removed from my original comment. Thanks Benson for that stupid policy. If someone is a liar, then there's nothing wrong with calling them a liar.

Myers, Benson: you are liars. I'll even go as far as saying "lying shitheads", as you have graced Russell Blackford.

Fucking fuckwits!

(anyone else here?)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sooo, it seems the rapture has finally occurred and the Pitters were elected. Except for me, of course.

You guys are shitting me on the backchannel, right?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ok, someone has to put the poor bastard out of his misery.

Hi Phil!!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Brive1987 wrote:Ok, someone has to put the poor bastard out of his misery.

Hi Phil!!
Thanks for that. I was starting to doubt my (arguable) sanity. Again.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'm contemplating life's misfortune.

I loved the Titanic story back in the 1970s and 1980s. Read Lightoller, learnt the locations of the lifeboats and who went into them. And then it turned into Leonardo and Celine's pop culture rom-drama.

I loved LOTR and Silmarillion in the 1970 and 1980s. Read Unfinished Tales, learnt the timelines, struggled with Tengwar argued obscure bullshit on Usenet. Then Jackson turned it into trading cards and McDonald's figurines.

Again in the 1980s I obsessed over the ANZAC (Gallipoli) campaign that my grandfather fought in. Read the official histories, studied the maps, wrote my thesis on it, hitchhiked there in 1987 and walked the ground without a soul in sight. Now since 1990 every 20 something Aussie has to Contiki themselves there and prance about on a half arsed pilgrimage of self discovery. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie oi oi oi.

Can't I have just one item of semi private nerd knowledge?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

There, Brive, there...

[youtube]F4AchHTN-XQ[/youtube]

Humphrey_Hedgehog

Post by Humphrey_Hedgehog »

Gumby wrote:Did a load of laundry. Folded it and placed nicely in basket. Turned away for a minute. Looked back to find this.

http://i.imgur.com/FTyMEEU.jpg

Fucker.
Didn't you notice that you were folding a cat?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Humphrey_Hedgehog wrote:
Didn't you notice that you were folding a cat?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There, Brive, there...

[youtube]F4AchHTN-XQ[/youtube]
Way to close to being a documentary!

I think the ANZAC nadir was reached when there was footage of Aussie backpackers sleeping on war graves waiting for the big dawn service event. Meanwhile an entertainment screen played music including the Bee Gees "Staying Alive".

The horror.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

An idea whose time has come (heh)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'll be in my room, watching reruns of The Nanny...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

"What was she to do, where was she to go? She was out on her fanny". Prime time show, Commonwealth kids!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mykeru wrote:An idea whose time has come (heh)
Watson's latest cowplay (sic) appears to be a homage of sorts.

http://i.imgur.com/7n8CgZl.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ah, the complexities of allowing transexual women to compete with women. I am guessing that they would not have that testosterone rule in place if not for trying to find a way to allow transexual women to compete with all of the other women.

I am glad I don't have to parse out these rules to try and make things fair.

Apples

Post by Apples »

not until you posted it here.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson's latest cowplay (sic) appears to be a homage of sorts.

http://i.imgur.com/7n8CgZl.jpg
I just can't place where I've seen that design before....

http://i.imgur.com/cBfeqFW.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Apples wrote:
I've never seen it before either.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... t_1940.jpg

How cute. He has his father's blonde hair. OK. Maybe the blonde hare comes from his mother...

Ahh.... the days before paternity testing.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Ericb wrote:
Apples wrote:I keep trying to think of a character/personage from literature or history aptly evoked by the absurd brazenness, ham-fisted hypocrisy, and toad-hearted cynicism of PZ Myers .... and I am continually at a loss. He perfectly embodies the repulsive banality and impotence of small men with large egos and no principles, a type too common to be worth dramatizing or mentioning by name in the annals. Evil is too strong a word, as it would seem to conjure an ability to have a meaningful influence on the real world. PZ, hopeless bourgeois mediocrity that he is, having carelessly squandered any credibility or influence he may have once possessed, doesn't even qualify for the term.

PZ's character arc reminds me of Theron Ware. Though Ware is a minister rather than a scientist heh as that same kind of clueless narcissism mixed with mediocrity that PZ has and which will eventually result in his doom. Plus the story included Ware's infatuation with a yourger women which just seals the deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damnat ... heron_Ware
:) Thanks - I'll check it out!

Dave

Post by Dave »

deLurch wrote: I've never seen it before either.

How cute. He has his father's blonde hair. OK. Maybe the blonde hare comes from his mother...

Meh. Both my father and I had blond hair as kids. It turned brown by the time I was 8 or 9, not sure the exact age for my father.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

All right, you poetic bastards. Some of us don't have your rhyming privilege. So here's a wall of text.

The Primordial Darkness

How dull the wretch, whose philosophic mind
Disdains the pleasures of fantastic kind;
Whose prosy thoughts the joys of life exclude,
And wreck the solace of the poet’s mood!

-From “Fact and Fancy,” H. P. Lovecraft

There was a time, not so long ago, that I could sleep with the light turned off. In fact I much preferred the dark. Lately I fear sleep and the dreams it brings, and I will under no circumstances sleep in any room that is not well lit. When I do sleep it is in brief spells from which I wake in whimpering terror as often as not. It has been months since I felt rested, and I fear that I cannot go on like this much longer. I have glimpsed the hideous darkness at the core of our cosmos, and it is not possible for any human mind to do so and come back from the experience unchanged, or indeed unharmed. I would rather not put down on paper my experience, but it is my duty to mankind to at least attempt to warn others from treading the same tenebrous paths that I have walked.

All my life I have been something of a student of the occult. Not in any particularly organised way, but enough to have more than a passing familiarity with the more important texts on the subject. Obviously I have read professor Carter’s commentary on the Necronomicon and other forbidden and rare works, as well as his fanciful description of an expedition he undertook to Antarctica. I’ve read Mr Cunningham's detailed survey of the lost library of Leng. I have perused dozens upon dozens of other books dealing with all manner of obscure knowledge. So you will understand me when I say that I did not hesitate for a moment when I was offered the chance to actually read, to touch with my own hands, a long thought lost copy of the 15th century English translation of the Pnakotic Manuscripts. I was visiting a librarian friend, whose institution had just happened to acquire the book some months previously from the estate of a private collector. If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined my friend’s offer. Some things are better left obscure, forgotten in the mercifully concealing shadows of time. But I have always been an eager student, and thus my fate was sealed long before the fateful moment when I opened the book.

What a book it was though! I had read others’ impressions and interpretations of it, but within a few pages I had learned more secret lore of the time before mankind walked the earth than I had in a lifetime of study of lesser works. Antiquated though the language was I found my eyes wandering over the pages at an ever quicker pace as I raced to drink in all their secrets. I learned of the Great Race who were the originators of the Pnakotic Manuscripts I was now reading, and their ancient, terrible history. I learned of their struggle against those abominably blasphemous beings that came before them and how they drove them into the earth. Reading further I found mentions of an unspeakable cult which took root among some degenerate members of the Great Race, a cult that originated with the abominations that came before and worshipped unspeakable entities from before time and beyond space. The cult was mercifully extinguished in a brief but violent conflict among the Great Race. Or so it was believed for uncounted millions of years, but once I read further in the Manuscripts and came to those parts of it penned by human - or almost human - hands I found mention of the insane cult once again. And more than mentioned, it was written of as if it was still extant, thriving in the dark corners of the world where debased cultists whispered blasphemous prayers into the void outside. Worse still, recorded in the Manuscripts were those abominable prayers, and unable to stop myself I found my lips mouthing the words as I read them:

“Claichkbat freeto’gt bloogs,
em’yers pezoo, em’yers pezoo,
phar nglach brflees wees,
amoos d’mond, rcarri artliry int’ll.
Iä! Iä! Ophathoth ctnpst!”

No sooner had that blasphemous prayer to unthinkable horrors passed my lips than I recoiled in horror from the book as if it had turned into a snake or other loathsome creature, rising so rapidly from my chair that it tumbled over behind me. I could not take my eyes off that evil tome as I backed out of the room, my whole body trembling. I felt violated, as if some force from beyond had reached out and touched my mind, attempting to twist it to its horribly alien will. I confess that I remember little until half an hour later when my librarian friend found me quietly sobbing in the anatomy section. After he startled me out of my shocked state I quickly made some embarrassed, feeble excuses and rushed from the library. Again, my hurried flight from that place and to my apartment is something of a blur to me now. But even my home offered little comfort. That familiar place seemed somehow alien to me now, every shadow threatening to open up a window into maddening abysses of blackest space beyond space. It was only through strenuously convincing myself that I had merely suffered a fit of some kind, most likely brought on by the excitement of being allowed to handle so rare a thing as the Pnakotic Manuscripts, that I finally managed to calm my nerves somewhat. By that time night had fallen, and exhausted as I was I fell into bed and was asleep before long. That was the last time I slept a whole night. By all that I once held dear, I wish that I hadn’t.

I found myself tumbling through infinite space. In every direction I could see stars, untold millions of them. Colourful nebulae swirled between those stars, and around them I knew that planets revolved, on some of which beings much like myself (though still, how unlike!) lived their lives. I was filled with wonder and awe. From my vantage point I saw stars being born from the nebulae, live their aeons-long lives, and finally die, giving rise to new colourful clouds that swirled and coalesced into yet another generation of stars. My tumbling flight through the cosmos showed me wonders undreamed of, revealed secrets that I lack the words to repeat. And then… then my path took me to a dark wound rent through space and time itself. It was a loathsome darkness beyond darkness, a darker black than the mere absence of light can produce. I knew that that sore on reality was what lay at the heart of the Cosmos, the unreality from which our universe had once sprung forth. Silently screaming I found myself hurtling into the abyss, the stars dwindling and going out behind me. Once I entered that unholy heart of chaos whatever sound my scream might have produced was moot. I was greeted there by a cacophony of gibbering voices raised in sacrilegious praise. An unseen horde accompanied by blasphemous fluting and infernal drums worshipped the nuclear darkness at the heart of darkness, the formless chaos which swirled unseen in mocking copy of the reality I knew. Bathed in antilight I felt the presence of the mindless deity roiling in idiot rage, tendrils of its lackwit hate lashing out blindly in every direction. Again, I screamed without sound as I felt my mind break.

My face was still locked in a silent scream as daylight finally woke me. But even the vivid colours of day did not console me, as I knew beyond doubt that reality itself was but a veil concealing unspeakable, mindless darkness. I did not sleep the following night, nor for several nights following. Instead I spent the nights huddled in a chair surrounded by every lamp and candle I owned, waiting for dawn. For I knew with absolute certainty that the next time, indeed every time, I slid into accursed sleep I would see it again. That unholy primordial darkness. The daemon sultana Ophathoth.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

deLurch wrote:
Apples wrote:
I've never seen it before either.

:rimshot:

Although to be fair, hair colour at an earlier age can be deceiving. My dad's hair is coal black, so I was surprised when I found pictures of him when he was about 9 or 10 with very blonde hair. Mine was too until it just...changed. Now it's inbetween phases. I guess it's an age thing. Fucking hair. How does it work?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

another lurker wrote:I just called someone a 'manlet'. Imma boss.
My vegetarian colleague looked at me like I was insane after he mentioned (again) he didn't eat meat and I said in this stupid booming voice
http://i.imgur.com/zUUdYFw.png