Old subthreads
Eskarina

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Eskarina »

Thank you for causing another coughing fit, you bastard. :lol: *wheeze*

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

All of this reminds me of a Malcolm Tucker rant about campaign funding. Nobody talks about money in politics, not seriously, because the second you go down that road everyone gets covered in shit. I feel doc dropping is a similar river that should *never* be crossed because that shit will just escalate.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
blitzem wrote:
Cats are the spawn of the devil,
I have three reasons to disagree with you:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... d9b5f44041

Ok, maybe you're right...
Never trust a man who prefers dogs to cats. Dogs are subservient, cats are partners.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

I would just like to inject into all this moral hand-wringing, that I sleep the deep, restful sleep of the complete bastard.

http://ackegard.com/gallery/d/9040-5/ch ... hu-150.jpg

Now back to your regularly scheduled moral high-grounding, already in progress.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You would think that a with rare and serious event like that the details would stay crystal clear- also you find that preachers that foam at the mouth about perversion often end up shown to be the biggest perverts around, much to the chagrin of their slack jawed, head nodding flock. If evidence came out that PZ has been proven a rapist or some sort of a sexual abuser his flock of dingbats would just take it as proof about how widespread rape culture is.
I would think the opposite. The more you tell a story, the more it changes. White gets whiter. Black gets backer. And so it goes.

It's not even intentional. Human's aren't 'memorizing facts and details' machines, we're story-telling machines. And we tell stories, and a lot of them are ego-stroking stories that we tell to ourselves. Or as Roger Schank, an artificial intelligence researcher at Northwestern University and an expert on human memory points out:
“Human memory is story-based. Not all memories, however, are stories. Rather, stories are especially interesting prior experiences, ones from which we learn…Not every experience makes a good story, but if it does, the experience will be easier to remember.”.
And these stories are mutable. Subject to re-interpretation and heavy modification at a later date both from internal re-evaluations and external social influences. One of the reasons I reserve a lot of doubt when it comes Alison Smith's allegations against Shermer.

ANd while some would rather not believe that to be true, unless they have some type of eidetic memory (which is controversial), it's true for them as well. We are not perfect recoding machines. We're rather sloppy, low-bit information processors that like to tell stories.

And the best stories always have us in the 'right role.'

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

penis and doody

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Sulman wrote:All of this reminds me of a Malcolm Tucker rant about campaign funding. Nobody talks about money in politics, not seriously, because the second you go down that road everyone gets covered in shit. I feel doc dropping is a similar river that should *never* be crossed because that shit will just escalate.
Come at me bro. See what happens. Escalate hell, The Peez's ass would be pinked by a mile-long rug burn. And he knows it.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

bovarchist wrote: Wait just one goddam minute. Are you telling me, are you trying to get across, am I picking up what you're putting down, basically boiling down to:

Skeptickle did not "make a long distance diagnosis based on zero evidence", but rather restated what Myers himself said in more doctor-y terminology? IS THAT WHAT YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE??
That's pretty much all I remember of it. It was just a total 'no big deal at all' comment and I barely remembered that she made it because it was so 'nothing.' I don't remember any association with an STD, though I guess it could be possible (I have not a clue whether there was a joke about it or that she included it as a possible vector).

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

jet_lagg wrote:
Gumby wrote:Don't. This isn't 4chan (8chan? nChan?)

If people want to contact the people of their choice then whatever. But I'm not going to let this place become a clearinghouse of info intended to be used in a mass campaign against anyone - even Myers.

/moderator
Hear hear. Though, I fully intend to write his university and express just how angry I am, and how much I believe his actions have the potential to damage the school's reputation. Like others have noted, I'm certain his position there is secure (and much as I hate the fat fuck today, I wouldn't want him to lose his job anyway), but some similarly worded letters might at least persuade the higher ups to tell him to knock it off.
Riiiiiiight. Because copying and pasting publicly available information from one site to another is wrong, but writing actual letters to someone's employer is totally fine. That makes all the sense in the world and merits no discussion whatsoever.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

lol. That was goddamn funny.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Eskarina wrote:
Gumby wrote:[.img]http://i.imgur.com/lcfGJJC.jpg[/img]
Thank you for causing another coughing fit, you bastard. :lol: *wheeze*
Just trying to get back to what's important :)

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Mykeru wrote:
Come at me bro. See what happens. Escalate hell, The Peez's ass would be pinked by a mile-long rug burn. And he knows it.
Peez has been emboldened by more and more outrageous behavior going unchallenged. Less serious shit than this got Laden exiled.

The cat's out of the bag. No stopping it now.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

bovarchist wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
blitzem wrote:
Cats are the spawn of the devil,

Never trust a man who prefers dogs to cats. Dogs are subservient, cats are partners.
Cats rule.

Wait... Is that Phil's underwear?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
PZ Myers
May 15, 2010

I was also subject to accusations of harassment, once upon a time. A female student came into my lab when I was alone, unhappy about an exam grade, and openly threatened me — by going public with a story about a completely nonexistent sexual encounter right there.

Zoom, I was right out the door at that instant; asked a female grad student in the lab next door to sit with the student for a bit, and went straight to the chair of the department to explain the situation. I had to work fast, because I knew that if it turned into a he-said-she-said story, it wouldn’t matter that she was lying, it could get dragged out into an investigation that would easily destroy my career, no matter that I was innocent.

I was in a total panic, knowing full well how damaging that kind of accusation can be. Fortunately, I’d done the right thing by blowing it all wide open at the first hint of a threat, and getting witnesses on the spot.

You know, this story doesn't make sense.

"A female student came into my lab when I was alone, unhappy about an exam grade, and openly threatened me — by going public with a story about a completely nonexistent sexual encounter right there."

Two scenarios:

1. Believe the victim.
Myers did, in fact, sexually assault the student. It occurred when he and the student were alone in his lab. There are no other witnesses to the event (since he and the student were alone) and therefore no independent witness can testify that an assault didn't occur.

2. Believe the accused.
Myers didn't assault anyone and his description of the physical events is accurate. He was threatened while alone with the disgruntled student. Unfortunately for him there are no other witnesses to the event (since he and the student were alone) and therefore no independent witness can testify that an assault didn't occur.

It's already a 'he-said-she-said' story.

In fact the only way he has a hope of saving his career prospects in either of these scenarios, is if he manages to convince his head of department to take his side - hence the famous dash of desperation across the campus.
For some reason I can't think about this run without having Vangelis' 'Chariots of Fire' theme begin playing in my head.

"Fortunately, I’d done the right thing by blowing it all wide open at the first hint of a threat, and getting witnesses on the spot."

What does he mean by that?
Blowing it all wide open?
How?

"getting witnesses on the spot".
But didn't he just say that the "female student came into my lab when I was alone"

If he and the student were alone then who were the witnesses?
The fucking zebra fish? :think:
Two different lines there from pz. One is "accusations of harassment" and the other is "sexual encounter." Now pretty much no one here would readily believe that pz myers would rape someone without solid evidence. But do we think that it is plausible that pz myers would do something to a female student that would constitute sexual harassment?

Given the evidence of his public speaking engagements and his writings on-line, for me the answer is yes, that is clearly plausible and evidenced in past behavior that would not be acceptable in a business environment.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Aneris wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I banter quite a but about Aneris - mostly in knee jerk reaction to a perceived uber-seriousness.

But re-posting the Skep tickle doxxing info clear on Nugents is seriously fucked-up. Even if it was a simple mistake or lapse.

We have obviously gone to a lot of trouble not to perpetuate the bullshit. It was my constant previewing and semi-panicked double checking that caused my double post last night.

Because posting that clear on the Pit would quite rightly bring the wrath of the moderators down upon us.

Oh, umm wait a minute ......

Anyway it's a principle thing and I don't care who has posted it in baboon-land.

So Aneris, if you don't have me on ignore, could you please ask Nugent to do the right thing and cut that down?
It would have been better if I redacted it, and asked Michael Nugent (per twitter) if he would do it. That was a bit careless, however 1) doxxing already occured to everyone (like all skepchicks, all pharyngulanhas etc). 2) I used and referred to the information that was in there only. Again, I asked Michael Nugent if he can remove the name there and hope he does. I'll post that there, in addition so he sees it.
Thank you.
Here's what separates us from the FTB Fucktards. One Pitter does something to offend another, the "offender" apologizes and both kiss and make up.

If this were FTB, Benson would already have copy and pasted a nasty post about at least one of the participants.

http://www.mjworld.net/wp-content/uploa ... owl931.jpg

Heal the world...make it a better place...for you and for me and the en-tire human race...

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Sulman wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Peez has been emboldened by more and more outrageous behavior going unchallenged. Less serious shit than this got Laden exiled.

The time for conventional weapons has passed

http://www.anorakzone.com/bomb.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Eskarina wrote:
Wait... Is that Phil's underwear?
No. Too clean.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Mykeru wrote:
Sulman wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

The time for conventional weapons has passed

http://www.anorakzone.com/bomb.jpg
Hehe, good old Ade Edmonson. We went to the same school.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Gumby wrote:Fuck you Damion.
Ban me, fucko.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

blitzem wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

The look very comfortable.

But they are plotting something. I know they are. :o
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5496241664/h3A7D9CFB/

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

d4m10n wrote:
Ban me, fucko.
Ban yourself and use your own blog, numbskull.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

hVzzISeqOXTjoCEjjdCnVUGo.jpg
(38.39 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Parody Accountant

bovarchist wrote:
hVzzISeqOXTjoCEjjdCnVUGo.jpg
is this real

/booze

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sulman wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

Spot on. He's the tubby, middle-aged equivalent of Cerie from 30 Rock.

http://i.imgur.com/ediD5R5.jpg

This young woman, for reasons we ALL understand, has never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever been told no. Shit, I would toss her my car keys if she asked. Now, I am not making any comment about the actress herself; I have no reason to believe she's not a decent person.

But PZ has not accepted ANY criticism for several years now. We lob truth at him, but he gets knobgobbled by all of his mentally fucked-up followers and he thinks that's love and he only cares what they think.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GrHeQ5R2h_A/T ... 2%2529.jpg

What was I talking about? Oh, yes. Knobgobbling.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/truthisa ... iginal.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Just because it's easy doesn't make it okay. Took me all of fifteen minutes to figure out who Ogvorbis really is but you don't see me posting it anywhere.
Billy the Atheist of course.
Who happened to leave his real name [REDACTED].

Wait, is that doxxing? IDGAF.
Not that you care, but you're gone if you do this again. Don't care how ambiguous your reference was.[/quote]

Also I am guessing the that mod did a quote fail.

Look. If you know the person's real name & in what state his actions occurred, look up in the state for the statute of limitations on such an act. Reporting that shit to the police for a very serious crime is the only acceptable course of action. Flailing it about the internet leads to mob justice, which in my eyes is no respectable or accountable form of justice at all.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
Hear hear. Though, I fully intend to write his university and express just how angry I am, and how much I believe his actions have the potential to damage the school's reputation. Like others have noted, I'm certain his position there is secure (and much as I hate the fat fuck today, I wouldn't want him to lose his job anyway), but some similarly worded letters might at least persuade the higher ups to tell him to knock it off.
Riiiiiiight. Because copying and pasting publicly available information from one site to another is wrong, but writing actual letters to someone's employer is totally fine. That makes all the sense in the world and merits no discussion whatsoever.
I'm tempted to dismiss you, as I'm in a foul mood tonight, and you not having the balls to post your shit under your real handle just rubbed me the wrong way.

Anyway, if you had copied and pasted information from the site with a recommendation (and supporting arguments) that we write letters expressing our anger, I don't believe you'd have gotten the same reaction from Gumby. What you appeared to be suggesting (and you were intentionally vague enough that you could easily wiggle out of this, so I won't bother pursuing the fuckwittery further should you deny it) that we engage in some 4chan style campaign of harassment.

Also, fuck you.

:evil:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

d4m10n wrote:
Ban me, fucko.

You need some better insults, you fat cunt.

Parody Accountant

What do you get when you cross PZ Myers with a piece of shit?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Gumby wrote:I think everyone's a bit edgy after PZ Myers' cowardly attack on Skep Tickle. I understand.

Let's just all remember this is Lsuoma's house, OK?
Time for a music break to cool off.

[youtube]KwIe_sjKeAY[/youtube]

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Parody Accountant wrote:gumby such a doxbloxer
The Fascist Tit and the DoxBloxer. I like it

Parody Accountant

2 pieces of shit

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Gumby wrote:I don't like being an asshole mod, but apparently it's babysitting time.
And you do a fine job of it.

http://i.imgur.com/w8LQN95.jpg

Baby cushions for all!!!

sinister

Post by sinister »

Okay, I guess someone has to be "that guy" so, I'll do it.

First talking about doxxing PZ makes as much sense as doxxing Dawkins or Bono. He is a public figure using his standing not only in the atheist community, but as a college professor as reasons he is credibile. Mykeru has every right to make that call, as he too has been the victim (haha) of this behavior. I think you guys have comepletely run yourselves right up your own asses trying to claim the moral high ground here.

I was under the impression we were working towards making this nonsense stop. I get it, you want to be the good guy, and I agree and want the same! That, however, does not mean standing aside as harm is done to people. I am not talking about the utterly ridiculous lies and hate they spew online, I am talking about real world, finaicial and personal damage. When someone is acting outside of the internet to harm people, they don't remain "Nym's on a forum." You call the cops when you see credible threats online! You don't twiddle your thumbs and talk about how calling the cops is a bad idea because it could harm them personally. Utter nonsense!

When a public figure attacks people offline for online jokes, you push back in the real world. People don't have to sit idly by and watch someone victimize people because they post on an internet forum. When anyone starts causing real harm in the real world, you stop it. When someone in a position of power abuses that authority, you work to remove that authority! You have to be kidding me with this "don't call his college, because we are the good guys!" I am simply not following this pretend morality centered around the same bullshit we call the fence sitters on. There are consequences for hurting people, period. We aren't talking about name calling on the internet here! I just ... I can't even...

That is my peice. I am going to talk about this often to everyone online and off where the damage is being done.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

jet_lagg wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:gumby such a doxbloxer
The Fascist Tit and the DoxBloxer. I like it
Did someone mention the Joboxers?

[youtube]BWkQTSqlqkk[/youtube]

Parody Accountant

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

About Sarkeesian at Meyers's blog:

http://i.imgur.com/0pcdrAG.png
I'm not a fan of video games.

Anita Sarkeesian

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

On twitter, iamcuriousblue points here

https://support.twitter.com/forms/abusiveuser

and it shows that third parties can report tweets that dox.

http://i.imgur.com/4cHUH1b.jpg

They ask you to:

+ link to the tweet
+ describe the problem
+ sign your name which they claim will not be disclosed.

I suspect this was the form that was abused to get thunderf00t kicked. So don't abuse the form. Use it to report tweets that dox people.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

d4m10n wrote:
Ban me, fucko.
Fat, bald trolling martyr.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Parody Accountant wrote:What do you get when you cross PZ Myers with a piece of shit?
[youtube]1iH1IyoLvNM[/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Was anyone else moved by the way Rebecca came slashing at Skep? I didn't see anybody send up the FREE BEER signal. She came unbidden, ready to do or die by her friend. It's like her tender feelings were suddenly revealed in a selfless moment and...

I'm sorry, I can't go on. Love stories always make me weepy.

http://imgur.com/P1JcdvF.jpg

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

deLurch wrote: Time for a music break to cool off.

[youtube]KwIe_sjKeAY[/youtube]
Ah... needed that. While the mood lasts, I'm bailing in favor of videogames. On a related note, I highly recommend Firefall.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sinister wrote:Okay, I guess someone has to be "that guy" so, I'll do it.

First talking about doxxing PZ makes as much sense as doxxing Dawkins or Bono. He is a public figure using his standing not only in the atheist community, but as a college professor as reasons he is credibile. Mykeru has every right to make that call, as he too has been the victim (haha) of this behavior. I think you guys have comepletely run yourselves right up your own asses trying to claim the moral high ground here.

I was under the impression we were working towards making this nonsense stop. I get it, you want to be the good guy, and I agree and want the same! That, however, does not mean standing aside as harm is done to people. I am not talking about the utterly ridiculous lies and hate they spew online, I am talking about real world, finaicial and personal damage. When someone is acting outside of the internet to harm people, they don't remain "Nym's on a forum." You call the cops when you see credible threats online! You don't twiddle your thumbs and talk about how calling the cops is a bad idea because it could harm them personally. Utter nonsense!

When a public figure attacks people offline for online jokes, you push back in the real world. People don't have to sit idly by and watch someone victimize people because they post on an internet forum. When anyone starts causing real harm in the real world, you stop it. When someone in a position of power abuses that authority, you work to remove that authority! You have to be kidding me with this "don't call his college, because we are the good guys!" I am simply not following this pretend morality centered around the same bullshit we call the fence sitters on. There are consequences for hurting people, period. We aren't talking about name calling on the internet here! I just ... I can't even...

That is my peice. I am going to talk about this often to everyone online and off where the damage is being done.
Damn, I hate people whose only response is "this", but

THIS

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Don't ban Daimy-poo! He's looking for victim points. "I...I..was banned...from the Slymepit!1!" He'll sob.

You're unfit to wear the shirt, you know that, little man.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

JacquesCuze wrote:On twitter, iamcuriousblue points here

They ask you to:

+ link to the tweet
+ describe the problem

I suspect this was the form that was abused to get thunderf00t kicked. So don't abuse the form. Use it to report tweets that dox people.
I did that and they say they wont investigate it if you are a third party.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Solution: black bloc + backchannel

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

(not here ofc)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Ape+lust wrote:Was anyone else moved by the way Rebecca came slashing at Skep? I didn't see anybody send up the FREE BEER signal. She came unbidden, ready to do or die by her friend. It's like her tender feelings were suddenly revealed in a selfless moment and...

I'm sorry, I can't go on. Love stories always make me weepy.

http://imgur.com/P1JcdvF.jpg
Masterful.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Parody Accountant wrote:What do you get when you cross PZ Myers with a piece of shit?
What do you get if you cross PZ Myers with insight and reason?

Banned.

Post by Guest »

deLurch wrote:Two different lines there from pz. One is "accusations of harassment" and the other is "sexual encounter." Now pretty much no one here would readily believe that pz myers would rape someone without solid evidence. But do we think that it is plausible that pz myers would do something to a female student that would constitute sexual harassment?

Given the evidence of his public speaking engagements and his writings on-line, for me the answer is yes, that is clearly plausible and evidenced in past behavior that would not be acceptable in a business environment.
and especially considering the standards of which he holds that to others

Really?

Post by Really? »

Mykeru wrote:

THIS
I kinda have to agree. How much bullshit does PZ have to do before we say fuck it?

People like Sally Strange and the Queer Shoop and Ronald McTrustFund are clearly broken fucking people. They don't know what they're saying or doing; they deserve our pity.

PZ knows what he's doing and who he's trying to hurt.

(It should go without saying that I advocate absolutely zero physical violence against anyone, or messing with uninvolved third parties or families, etc.)

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Michael J wrote:

They ask you to:

+ link to the tweet
+ describe the problem

My eyes are really blurry this evening, but it seems when I follow the form to allow me to report the skepchicks tweet and gives me no impression they won't investigate it.

http://i.imgur.com/iug1rwr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JxwK4ig.jpg

Post by Guest »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Ban me, fucko.
You need some better insults, you fat cunt.
yeah, that one sounded more like an irish drinking song

CaptainFluffyBunny

Well said Sinister, and well-done Mykeru. I think the main thing is not to hand them any victim points if at all possible.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Mykeru wrote:

THIS
I'll raise you a QFT :cdc:

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

JacquesCuze wrote:I suspect this was the form that was abused to get thunderf00t kicked. So don't abuse the form. Use it to report tweets that dox people.
No. If you really want someone gone, mass-report him/her for "spam". twitter reacts very quickly on that one.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

d4m10n wrote:
Ban me, fucko.
"fucko"?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bnmlMQbGZGo/U ... k-rofl.gif

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Michael J wrote:

They ask you to:

+ link to the tweet
+ describe the problem

Ah, you're right, after CLICKING A FUCKING BOX SAYING I AM A THIRD PARTY and CLICKING ANOTHER BOX SAYING "releasing private information" they leave it to an EMAIL to say "piss off" instead of just providing that information then and there.

http://i.imgur.com/xkhBPRq.jpg

God damn it. The highest valued websites are just total shit all the way down.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Really?

Post by Really? »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Michael J wrote:

They ask you to:

+ link to the tweet
+ describe the problem

My eyes are really blurry this evening, but it seems when I follow the form to allow me to report the skepchicks tweet and gives me no impression they won't investigate it.

http://i.imgur.com/iug1rwr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JxwK4ig.jpg
Which leads us to wonder...

How the fuck can Melodramatic Melody and all of the other assorted braindeads on Twitter get people banned for a comment on a hashtag that they don't like?