Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Nec_V20

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Nec_V20 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:The Pit is gay lately.
Gay 1950's style or Rachel Maddow gay?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

The real problem with doxxing their side is that few of them actually have anything to lose. I'd swear half of them have no job, no prospects for work, and far to incompetent and lazy to do anything anyway. All their relationships seem to be online with fellow Social Justice Wankers.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ooh. Get you.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Answer the fucking question.
Uh, okay...I admire your shamelessness.
Holy shit, responding to carefully mined quotes is fun! Now I see why you've been doing it!
Uh, no. This is how it went down.
Mykeru wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Right, because getting fired could in no way fall under the heading of "trouble at work".
Uh, okay...
Quit playing semantic games.
I admire your shamelessness.
The one quote immediately followed the other:
Right, because getting fired could in no way fall under the heading of "trouble at work". Quit playing semantic games...
Your accusations tend to be projections made with no insight whatsoever. For instance, you play a semantic game and then immediately -- as in the very next sentence -- accuse me of playing semantic games.

You suck at this.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

As of now, October 10, 2014, Ophie is still going on about cunt kicks: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... nt-3374159.

On other matters of interest, Brive said:
Let's be clear. No one is advocating an immediate unilateral doxxing in response to the skep atrocity. It was proposed that FtB be given the lever to pull in response to future doxxing. And this be clearly communicated.
In my opinion, a not at all meaningful difference.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Hard to be lulzy after what happened to Skeptickle. But I think soon the lulz will be fast and furious.
It' s gone all 'shall we do this? shall we do that?'.

Just do something cunts, and be prepared to live or die for the consequences.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Hard to be lulzy after what happened to Skeptickle. But I think soon the lulz will be fast and furious.
There's the faggotry. Whatever, I don't like the outrage and moral indignation. PZ is a hypocritical lying cunt, this is news? Skeptickle is an adult, I don't think she's gonna put up the wall o' hate just yet. From what I've read it would probably be better not to retaliate in kind, to not inflate it into a crusade (or jihad, whatever, durka durka muhammed jihad) and make it higher profile than it already is, for her sake. Unless Sketickle herself condones it, which I don't think she would. And even then I'm not going to do anything about it, beyond what the pit has always done, which is point and laugh and call them out on their idiocy. You forget what the pit is about. Maybe Mykeru wants to shape it into a weapon in the culture war, but that's because he's a stubborn asshole with a purpose. Sorry General Mykeru, not interested. I might catch the dreaded internet PTSD.

windy

Post by windy »

Brive1987 wrote:
windy wrote:
James, you ignorant slut. Please practice reading comprehension before accusing people of fabricating things. The "counter-doxxing" refers to Brive's proposal of threatening to release info on horde members as a way to prevent further doxxing over there:

Collective punishment is a shitty idea however carefully you hedge it.
Let's be clear. No one is advocating an immediate unilateral doxxing in response to the skep atrocity.
And no one has claimed that you are.
Brive1987 wrote:It was proposed that FtB be given the lever to pull in response to future doxxing. And this be clearly communicated.
Where lever=counter-doxxing, yes.
Brive1987 wrote:Amazing how phrasing shapes a concept.
Amazing how it's still a remarkably scummy idea no matter how you phrase it.

"What price integrity and decency?" ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well at least we have clearly defined the opposing poles of this debate.

Progress is being made.

http://i.imgur.com/eERyqFl.jpg

bovarchist

Re: Am I a murderer?

Post by bovarchist »

Nec_V20 wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
Nec_V20 wrote:I leave it up to you to decide after giving you all the facts at my disposal.
Wow, certainly a rough situation, so you and your entire family have my sympathies. I won't speculate beyond that, but um, not being the fascist tit, I am not sure I would want this conversation on the pit due to potential legal problems that not being a lawyer, I can only imagine with no expertise.
I thought I would be banged up for murder, because my mother had left her body to science, so the first call (after to the doctor to pick up the empties) was to Marburg University. So a detailed autopsy was going to be the first thing on the agenda.

I was under no illusion that the massive overdose of what I assume was morphine (the possession of which and administering of, by me, was a crime in itself) would hasten my mother's demise.

This happened in 1995 and there is no statute of limitations on murder so you are right of it being unwise in one sense.

In another sense however this thread reminded me of the situation and how the PZ's of this world would doxx me and put what I did in the worst possible light and even have the police appear at my door.
If you've ever heard of a comedian named Doug Stanhope, his most recent CD, Beer Hall Putsch has a ten minute bit about helping his mother commit suicide. He refers to it as the only bit he's ever done that required him to wait for the statute of limitations to run out -- not because of the assisted suicide, but because of the spending spree he went on with her credit cards.

Anyway, it's not on YouTube unfortunately, but if you're in the mood to go hunting or don't mind spending money for a single on iTunes, it's titled 'Farewell Mother'. Well worth a listen.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

There exists, and everyone here on this forum has experienced it, a normative power of the factual. There is however no fact replacing normative power of the polemical.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

LurkerPerson wrote:Sorry General Mykeru, not interested. I might catch the dreaded internet PTSD.
You know, and you would if you were paying the slightest bit of attention, the ideas that are being floated now aren't mine, people came up with them all by themselves, and you're a shit-bag for implying those who disagree with you are my little minions.

Hell, I wouldn't even follow me.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Brive1987 wrote:Well at least we have clearly defined the opposing poles of this debate.

Progress is being made.

http://i.imgur.com/eERyqFl.jpg
I don't care what side of the debate you're on, that's fucking funny.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I was wondering: is what we're witnessing with Skep the same thing that happened with Adria Richards and that one guy who was ultimately fired?

Making a joke? If we trawl through the endless abyss that is Rebecca Watson's history, would we find Watson making a joke about someone having an STD?

Why, yes, yes we do.

[youtube]rXFKTekTUxo[/youtube]

Skip to the 4 minute mark.

Oh, wasn't there one time when she joked about Myers' possibly raping her? Apparently back then he could see the funny side. Er. As far as "funny" goes. On the humour scale, I would say it was...outrageous. :bjarte:

Nec_V20

Re: Am I a murderer?

Post by Nec_V20 »

bovarchist wrote: If you've ever heard of a comedian named Doug Stanhope, his most recent CD, Beer Hall Putsch has a ten minute bit about helping his mother commit suicide. He refers to it as the only bit he's ever done that required him to wait for the statute of limitations to run out -- not because of the assisted suicide, but because of the spending spree he went on with her credit cards.

Anyway, it's not on YouTube unfortunately, but if you're in the mood to go hunting or don't mind spending money for a single on iTunes, it's titled 'Farewell Mother'. Well worth a listen.

Your post (spending spree bit) had me pissing myself with laughter

Thank you so much for that.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Fair enough. I just find the call to arms of some pitters ironic. An in-group member has been most utterly savaged by an evil lying mysoginist! We will not stand for this! Hoist the martyr, prepare the doxx! The pit, it's okay when we do it?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Also, I can't believe people didn't notice my "egalité, fraternité, fatalité" gag. Come on! :cdc:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John Greg wrote:As of now, October 10, 2014, Ophie is still going on about cunt kicks: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... nt-3374159.

Let's be clear. No one is advocating an immediate unilateral doxxing in response to the skep atrocity. It was proposed that FtB be given the lever to pull in response to future doxxing. And this be clearly communicated.
The comments on that thread are a good read, Oafie is losing it.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

In honour of your joke, an article about the history of politically motivated decapitations:

http://pando.com/2014/09/03/the-war-ner ... ropaganda/

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

If we went ahead with the ad idea, I'd suggest something along the lines of "Hey, you're stuck in Morris, Minnesota, don't you at least deserve a decent biology teacher?"

[youtube]Bvx9w16r2Ak[/youtube]

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

John Greg wrote:As of now, October 10, 2014, Ophie is still going on about cunt kicks: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... nt-3374159.
No clicks for Ye Olde Prune.

Archived as at this moment:

http://web.archive.org/web/201410110024 ... nt-page-1/

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

windy wrote: James, you ignorant slut.
OMG I can't believe you just harassed me like that! I'm so triggered over here! Where are my spoons, dammit they were just here! How could you possibly know I am a slut without having access to my medical records?!? Holy shit you violated my doctor-slut confidentiality!

Dropping your dox in retaliation for offending me in 3... 2... 1...

[USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST]

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Pitchguest wrote:Also, I can't believe people didn't notice my "egalité, fraternité, fatalité" gag. Come on! :cdc:
I quite enjoyed it.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

The comments on that thread are a good read, Oafie is losing it.
Prunella wrote:But ok, if you’re going to insist on playing dumb, I’ll list some differences for you.
1. Sommers is orders of magnitude more visible, prominent, public, official, influential than I am. She’s a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. I’m not.
2. I haven’t posted any demeaning photoshops of her.
3. I don’t call her “Chrissy” or any other diminutive.
4. I don’t muse about kicking her in the cunt.
5. I don’t call her a cunt or a bitch.
6. I don’t tell lies about her.
7. I don’t tell her to get help for her paranoia.
8. I don’t tweet and post about her multiple times every day, and I don’t hang out with a group of people who, together, tweet and post about her all day every day.
9. I don’t seek out blog posts that mention her in order to post lies about her there.
10. I don’t make videos about her.
11. I don’t talk about her on podcasts.
12. I don’t draw cartoons of her and post them on Twitter and Facebook.
There, I hope that helps you see the difference.
Originally she was going to also say:
13. I don't have a friend who goes around calling people rapists.
but she still has a slight hold on reality and had to delete that one.

Rat Bastard

Post by Rat Bastard »

bovarchist wrote:If we went ahead with the ad idea, I'd suggest something along the lines of "Hey, you're stuck in Morris, Minnesota, don't you at least deserve a decent biology teacher?"
I just like the idea of making it an ad for the Pit. Kinda a recruiting for new members. Doing it in Morris is the prime place, as some of these poor students may have been subjected to the SJW hypocrisy through a certain professor there, and may need a safe space to vent and share stories. It would seem to me that this location could very well be a hotbed of people looking for a sane alternative. It only makes sense to advertise there. And if we can get some of our lulz seen from beyond the Pit, that makes it even better. With the idea that has been passed around of using just the Slymepit motto, URL, and the......I was going to say crazier quotes, but they all seem crazy.....quotes from Mr. Myers as examples of the SJW hypocrisy, it would serve as a recruiting tool that would be hard to argue as anything other than. To put our own jabs in it, might lessen the impact. Keeping it truthful and honest, though, would be a great move. And so the citizenry under the Fascist Tit grows.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

[quote="bovarchist"]If we went ahead with the ad idea, I'd suggest something along the lines of "Hey, you're stuck in Morris, Minnesota, don't you at least deserve a decent biology teacher?"

This HAS to be Lewis Black's best bit on "education":

http://on.cc.com/QDBtA7

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Pitchguest wrote:I was wondering: is what we're witnessing with Skep the same thing that happened with Adria Richards and that one guy who was ultimately fired?

Making a joke? If we trawl through the endless abyss that is Rebecca Watson's history, would we find Watson making a joke about someone having an STD?

Why, yes, yes we do.

[youtube]rXFKTekTUxo[/youtube]

Skip to the 4 minute mark.

Oh, wasn't there one time when she joked about Myers' possibly raping her? Apparently back then he could see the funny side. Er. As far as "funny" goes. On the humour scale, I would say it was...outrageous. :bjarte:
Given how much and the style in which pz myers runs his mouth, what do we think the odds are that pz myers, the professional biologist, has ever made a joke about someone having an STD?

windy

Post by windy »

James Caruthers wrote:
windy wrote: James, you ignorant slut.
OMG I can't believe you just harassed me like that! I'm so triggered over here! Where are my spoons, dammit they were just here! How could you possibly know I am a slut without having access to my medical records?!?
I talked to your pimp.

:cdc:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Benson has dredged up her shitty post from the original skep-trocity doxxing of years gone by.
You know, just to boost the volume on the current campaign. Because that's how the game gets played these days.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141009071 ... s-serious/
(This link doesn't have the comment below captured or Benson follow up waffle)

Om nom nom.

http://i.imgur.com/ebOMGuL.jpg

In the comments we get an FtB/APlus primer on their sides policy on the ethical use of information.

Basically if it's out there and you created it then it's fair game regardless of context. Share it around.

And yet Oggie is considered a protected species.

How does that work? Especially given Zvan has established it's in the eye of the beholder as to whether someone is ripe for a good doxxing. And third parties don't get to lecture you.

http://i.imgur.com/blHYwZB.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

You're all sluts.

CaptainFluffyBunny

another lurker wrote:You're all sluts.
Can you slut-shame us folk that are shameless? Nice try!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Brive1987 wrote:Benson has dredged up her shitty post from the original skep-trocity doxxing of years gone by.
You know, just to boost the volume on the current campaign. Because that's how the game gets played these days.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141009071 ... s-serious/
(This link doesn't have the comment below captured or Benson follow up waffle)

Om nom nom.

http://i.imgur.com/ebOMGuL.jpg

In the comments we get an FtB/APlus primer on their sides policy on the ethical use of information.

Basically if it's out there and you created it then it's fair game regardless of context. Share it around.

And yet Oggie is considered a protected species.

How does that work? Especially given Zvan has established it's in the eye of the beholder as to whether someone is ripe for a good doxxing. And third parties don't get to lecture you.

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/blHYwZB.jpg[/img]
I just looked over there and it looks like Skep was banned over there for using logic reason to discuss the witch hunt against Justin Vacula a couple of years ago. She wouldn't bow to the insanity, so she got canned.

I do not see any evidence that Skep tried to get past the ban (that sure as hell doesn't sound like something she'd do), but then again I wouldn't know where to look.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is this star thing happening. Or should I put away my cheque book?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Minions? l thought you said onions.
http://i.imgur.com/QIvtndv.jpg

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

No I'm not, I will fuck with anybody, not just sluts.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:Is this star thing happening. Or should I put away my cheque book?
Uh, yeah, not to stir up the pit-rift, but I could use a PM meself. Also, a beer. Make it two.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

says the gaping pussy

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Brive1987 wrote:Is this star thing happening. Or should I put away my cheque book?
You may have missed Spike's earlier post:
Spike13 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:58 pm • [Post 52599]
Anyone interested in being part of the fun and games, PM me.

I'll compile a list and keep everyone up dated.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Uh, no Mykeru, this is how it went down. My original post in its entirety:
TheMudbrooker wrote:There's been a lot of talk lately about trying to get PZ fired from his job, but this is absolutely the wrong tack to take.

If you really want to fuck PZ over, we should be lobbying to get him promoted.

At best the worst that would happen if the UofM decided to get rid of PZ is he would be given early retirement, most likely with full benefits in exchange for not appealing the decision. But at this stage of his career the highest he would be promoted would be some low-level adminitrative job. Think about it, instead of his current position where he works a few hours a day, a few days a week with student assistants to do the bulk of his grunt work and has summers off, a promotion would land PZ behind a desk 9-5, five days a week, year around. That would cause PZ some genuine pain.

You took the first line of what was nothing more than a bit of snark and chose to interpret it as a "brave stand against what no one proposed in the first place" and left the rest of the context behind. When I asked you what effect you expect contacting PZ's employer would have you responded with ever more edited and distorted versions of what I said.
You're right, I suck at this. I argue honestly.
I have to hand it to you, what you've done is a fantastic technique for dodging a question on a forum, after all, who's gonna page back and check to see if you're quoting or quote mining? It's a game I can't possibly win, you're far too skilled, and I concede the match.
That doesn't mean I can't still ask you to answer my question. Mykeru, you are far too intelligent to expect anyone to believe you'd take an action without some idea of its effect or what your desired outcome is. So once again I'll ask you straight out:

What effect do you expect contacting and encouging others to contact PZ's employers to have?

This time around, please answer or flat-out refuse to answer. Show enough courage to quit dodging.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Parody Accountant wrote:
says the gaping pussy
Gumbers is vagina dentata. :cdc:

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

http://i.imgur.com/JZVXZTH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LH6XFV2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7dHJmAo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/02EkJlF.jpg

I am not a lawyer and this was a half-assed 5 minute search, but I do wonder if Xanthe just opened itself and Atheism Plus to a lawsuit from Skep Tickle as well as possible civil and criminal penalties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Act_1998

At any rate, it's yet another SJW dox and another reason I rarely use the same nym or email addres across websites.

Wordpress IS a doxing technology, especially when you realize that if you use the same email address at different wordpress sites, wordpress is putting an MD5 hash of your email address into every web page you comment on.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

another lurker wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
says the gaping pussy
It's a wonderful chafe.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Pitchguest wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:SNIP

says the gaping pussy
It's a wonderful chafe.
Fuck you for putting that song in my head.

Now fill in the rest of the lyrics. Chop chop.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

another lurker wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
says the gaping pussy
Maybe Gumbers should go to an army recruiting centre and become a Gunnylinguist :)

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

http://i.imgur.com/xcYI2FI.jpg

It will be interesting to see if Stephanie lets this through moderation. Steph has a real stick up her ass about me, and perhaps justifiably so, after one of my favorite posts of all times.

http://bigthink.com/daylight-atheism/th ... eeze-peach

http://i.imgur.com/4ofsWfH.jpg

Yes, I am a middle school student even in my middle age.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Wait, is Xanthë (what a fucking stupid name) really saying that doxxing Skep now is not a big deal considering she registered with an email address that contained her name and surname that, for all intents and purposes, is supposed to remain private? Seriously?

I mean, I'd understand if it was like with Brownian - pasting his name on anything that'll stick - making it perfectly known that Brownian on Pharyngula was dat a dat a dat, but a private email that's not supposed to be disclosed anyway? Just for the record, searching Skep's moniker and the Slymepit two years ago did not point to her full real name and where she works. Now I'm not so sure. So we have a dumb shit who plastered his name all over the internet, linking his name to Brownian and Pharyngula to anyone who'd even think about doing a cursory search (even for his posts) and said we "doxxed" him and a fuckwit who said she got "doxxed" even though she had linked her home address to her business and not to some proxy P.O. box, and Skep. Who got doxxed. Because she made a joke. And we're the bad guys?

strayling

Post by strayling »

Will Watson still be welcomed on the SGU podcasts? Novella tries to avoid this sort of drama I know, but there are limits.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Pitchguest wrote:It's a wonderful chafe.

I would, but it's already been done.

[youtube]SKgBTaLKR84[/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Pitchguest wrote:
another lurker wrote:
It's a wonderful chafe.

I see teeth so clean, a red tongue too,
I see them bite, at me and you,
And I think to myself, what a dangerous cunt.

I see a hole so dark, no trace of light,
Waiting for cock, black as midnight,

The gnashing of teeth, so violent and crude,
They'll bite your face off, if in the mood,
I see men shaking hands, saying how do you do,
No please I insist, after you.

I hear grown men crying, trapped deep inside,
What once seemed exciting, was not worth the ride,
Yes I think to myself, what a dangerous cunt.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Appears that Ophelia strangled this comment in the moderation womb

http://i.imgur.com/pwWQe42.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fuzzy wrote:
You may have missed Spike's earlier post:
Spike13 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:58 pm • [Post 52599]
Anyone interested in being part of the fun and games, PM me.

I'll compile a list and keep everyone up dated.
Ah, thx

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

JacquesCuze wrote:http://i.imgur.com/7qzlbka.jpg

It will be interesting to see if Stephanie lets this through moderation. Steph has a real stick up her ass about me, and perhaps justifiably so, after one of my favorite posts of all times.
Oh god no! Two of my babies in so many hours.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

A: It's "W-O-O-M"
B: No, it's "W-H-O-M-B"
C, overhearing, interrupts: Nope, it's spelt "W-O-M-B", and walks away.
A turns to B and asks "Do you suppose he's really ever heard an elephant fart?'

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Mykeru wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Oops! My Bad!
But honestly ... it's a little sickening ...

http://i.imgur.com/SG8xxyv.jpg
https://archive.today/lmYfD
Okay, between the doxxing and this, I'm done.

Mykeru, or anyone else with a plan of action, let us know how best we can help with some net/IRL activities, and I am in. I don't know the most effective courses of action, so I am making this request out of ignorance, not a desire to blindly follow Myk Jung Un.
Wait. I've got to think. Exactly how does one wrap their brain around that level of bitter scumbaggery? I'm not even joking. Benson is an appalling fucker, but her talent for the uncharitable interpretation really exceeded whatever former metric for being a bitter shit-posting old pill she had previously established.

You know what? She "wins" this one. She's like the guy picking a bar fight that no one will take on. Not because of their superior skill or ability to intimidate, but because he's covered in shit and open sores.

No. Seriously. The fuck?
http://i.imgur.com/A7xWFJh.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
It's a wonderful chafe.

I see teeth so clean, a red tongue too,
I see them bite, at me and you,

I see a hole so dark, no trace of light,
Waiting for cock, black as midnight,

The gnashing of teeth, so violent and crude,
They'll bite your face off, if in the mood,
I see men shaking hands, saying how do you do,
No please I insist, after you.

I hear grown men crying, trapped deep inside,
What once seemed exciting, was not worth the ride,
Yes I think to myself, what a dangerous cunt.
I just want you to know, CH20, that when I think of 'cunt', I think of you. You use the word so frequently, that the association automatically springs to mind. Not even sacha, with c for cunt, can cuntpete. I know you wanna be :cdc:,but, this is how I feel, and you will just have to take it like the cunt you are.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pitchguest wrote:Wait, is Xanthë (what a fucking stupid name) really saying that doxxing Skep now is not a big deal considering she registered with an email address that contained her name and surname that, for all intents and purposes, is supposed to remain private? Seriously?

I mean, I'd understand if it was like with Brownian - pasting his name on anything that'll stick - making it perfectly known that Brownian on Pharyngula was dat a dat a dat, but a private email that's not supposed to be disclosed anyway? Just for the record, searching Skep's moniker and the Slymepit two years ago did not point to her full real name and where she works. Now I'm not so sure. So we have a dumb shit who plastered his name all over the internet, linking his name to Brownian and Pharyngula to anyone who'd even think about doing a cursory search (even for his posts) and said we "doxxed" him and a fuckwit who said she got "doxxed" even though she had linked her home address to her business and not to some proxy P.O. box, and Skep. Who got doxxed. Because she made a joke. And we're the bad guys?

Somebody should do something about it.

It appears Skep thought it was just an FtB bread crumb doxxing. Now it appears there was inter-network collusion.

Could someone please compose a short limerick to deal with this. Thanks in advance. /snark.

I had initially posted on FTB under my first name (I'm not big on nyms and didn't realize that transparency could lead to trouble on an A/S site), and as Zvan or Benson so helpfully pointed out last year I had pointed between that one & a nym so that made the connection easy. What they did was tell people a simple search that would find me readily...and then they & their commenters posted some of the information they found w/ that search, mostly about my occupation (though, amusingly, they got some key details wrong).

One of their commenters also helpfully pointed out that more of my name could be found through the avatar, which I had had no idea about.

Gurdur did a post about the "doxxing" at Heathen Hub, and I did post my name there, figuring since it was known that my doing so took some of the sting out of them having control over it. I would prefer my name not be used at atheism-related sites, still, for the potential issue of it showing up there on a search of my name & scaring patients & families who fear atheists.

So the name is not news to them, but I would prefer it not be used. The link to work* is new, I think, and definitely the suggestion that people convey feedback to the university stomps all over "the line", with big boots.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Glootz for the slootz, ya sloot.