Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
bovarchist

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by bovarchist »

deLurch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Here is the OFFICIAL pit doxxing manifesto.
Fascist Tit wrote:Don't doxx here. If you do you will be banned.
End of story. Does everyone understand this, or should I try to simplify it?
The Fascist Tit is in Montreal eating fries slathered in brown gravy & cheese curds!
Then he's not doing it right. REAL Montreal poutine includes pot roast and a red wine gravy.

totally not kidding, yo.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Gumby wrote:
mikelf wrote:
Shorter Brive: You doxxed one of us. We possess the information to dox one or more of you. You are trusting us to follow our rules and not dox you, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!?!?!?!!1!?

You are not nearly as clever as you think you are. It is nothing more than trying to get a veiled threat to pass muster at the 'Pit when you proposal for a more direct threat went over like a lead balloon.

Listen, we get it. You sword has been unsheathed and it can't be put away until it tastes blood. You are free to exercise your own conscience. But, please stop trying to get the rest of us to put our imprimatur on it. It is getting tiresome. Maybe you can figure out where Mykeru is having his sulk and join him. You can tell each other how the proles just don't understand your genius and command of strategery.
Fuckin-A right.

A lot of the bullshit flying around here reminds me of when Richard Carrier descended into a shrieking mess in the comment section of his first post on Atheism Plus.

Commenter:
"I’ll stick with the original atheism, thanks."

Carrier:
"So, one vote for douchery. Got it."

Absolutely fucking moronic.
Yeah I came down real hard on those who simply disagreed with me.

I didn't think we had much in common but I was wrong. We are both apparently cunts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:When you try to enforce good behavior by threats against third persons, you are playing judge and jury, just like an SJW.

What about when you say:

"it's a simple fact there is doxxing shit out there. There is no barrier to access. We don't and won't use it. Neither should you. Especially if you think your 'enemy is insane'

What then? Oh I know. You are being a cunt. Got it.

Or maybe you haven't caught up?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fuzzy wrote:Part of the recent brouhaha grows out of the usual POMO word definitions, in this case 'doxx' which seems to mean different things to different people and/or different context. It's almost as if FtB is saying that if you can be doxxed with information that can be gotten, then that is not doxxing. Then when someone suuggests holding up a mirror "well if that's so then people could do that to you too...", that person is vilified as weilding an insatiable sword seeking the dripping blood of the enemy.
It's a rorschach test. You normally have to pay to get insights like these.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Cliché Guevara wrote:
mikelf wrote: Shorter Brive: You doxxed one of us. We possess the information to dox one or more of you. You are trusting us to follow our rules and not dox you, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!?!?!?!!1!?
That's pretty much the impression I came away with.

Leaving aside the general disagreement with MAD...whom is it we're supposed to be holding information on anyway? Some sad sack motherfucker whose life is so unbearably pointless and empty he has to fabricate recovered memories about raping and being raped just to get neurotic sympathy from a bunch of other equally pathetic and damaged shut-ins? Some deranged shapeshifting Native American wererat? Is that seriously the idea, to skulk around digging up dirt on the most obnoxious horde members? I agree with the earlier sentiment -- they'd be just as happy to have new martyrs to wail and rend garments over.
Conversation has moved on. You haven't.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

windy wrote:
fuzzy wrote:Part of the recent brouhaha grows out of the usual POMO word definitions, in this case 'doxx' which seems to mean different things to different people and/or different context. It's almost as if FtB is saying that if you can be doxxed with information that can be gotten, then that is not doxxing. Then when someone suuggests holding up a mirror "well if that's so then people could do that to you too...", that person is vilified as weilding an insatiable sword seeking the dripping blood of the enemy.
We already know they decry it if it happens to one of them. There's plenty of material to choose from to hold up a mirror to them using their own words, so I'm not sure what Brive's scheme was supposed to contribute to that.
So they are aware that it's only our values and ethics that stops what PZ did happening to them? In exactly the same way? You've communicated that? Cause no one else has, or had to till now.

Thank me later. In private if necessary.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

screwtape wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:\It's been suggested that the new -gate is -ghazi, but I dunno.
-ghazi doesn't work for me. My father had a lot of problems in Benghazi in the early forties.
My dad was fond of Germany and living close by, loved to fly over it, never had a chance to stop though. (h/t Aneris, and of course Speedbird 206) Later I read how he made it to Tripoli in 1945.

Blew me away all the things he had done by 23 when I was barely out of my college nappies.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And I've caught up. Nice one.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

bovarchist wrote:
deLurch wrote: The Fascist Tit is in Montreal eating fries slathered in brown gravy & cheese curds!
Then he's not doing it right. REAL Montreal poutine includes pot roast and a red wine gravy.

totally not kidding, yo.
Does Dunn's still serve their smoked meat version?

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

dog puke wrote:
I don't think so, but you never can tell who might show up at these things.
You're probably right. That one doesn't look like she has had enough cheezburgerz to be Big Red.

Nice Bugs shoop btw. I lol'd. :clap:

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Brive1987 wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:When you try to enforce good behavior by threats against third persons, you are playing judge and jury, just like an SJW.

What about when you say:

"it's a simple fact there is doxxing shit out there. There is no barrier to access. We don't and won't use it. Neither should you. Especially if you think your 'enemy is insane'

I tried several times, but can't make heads or tails of your reply. If your point was important, please try again. If you were just lashing out after not really reading what I wrote, then just fuck off.

windy

Post by windy »

Brive1987 wrote:
windy wrote: We already know they decry it if it happens to one of them. There's plenty of material to choose from to hold up a mirror to them using their own words, so I'm not sure what Brive's scheme was supposed to contribute to that.
So they are aware that it's only our values and ethics that stops what PZ did happening to them? In exactly the same way? You've communicated that? Cause no one else has, or had to till now.
Your proposal won't communicate that to them (and I'm not sure if anything will at this point), because they've already rationalized away their doxxings as justified and "different". They won't SEE it as happening "exactly the same way".

Remember when PZ said that everyone complaining about feminists was the same as Marc Lepiné, but just hiding it out of shame and cowardice? If they can rationalize not murdering people as "cowardice", they can easily do the same for not doxxing people.
Brive1987 wrote:Thank me later. In private if necessary.
For what? And what kind of private thank-yous are you soliciting for? :think: :shock:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 70/5b1.gif

didymos

Post by didymos »

[youtube]ikUcRUbZbas[/youtube]

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

So, what's it to be? Chinese takeout, or Indian takeout? I've already had a pizza for the weekend -- two actually (Thanksgiving long weekend and my birthday on Tuesday incoming).

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

John Greg wrote:So, what's it to be? Chinese takeout, or Indian takeout? I've already had a pizza for the weekend -- two actually (Thanksgiving long weekend and my birthday on Tuesday incoming).
[youtube]MmTiqKPnhiQ[/youtube]

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

blitzem wrote:
dog puke wrote:
I don't think so, but you never can tell who might show up at these things.
You're probably right. That one doesn't look like she has had enough cheezburgerz to be Big Red.

Nice Bugs shoop btw. I lol'd. :clap:
Thanks Sluggo.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Do these morons inhabit a different universe where alternate history occurs? Comments from the Cowntess' latest hit piece:

Donnie says

October 11, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Remember when the Slymepit decried the false rape allegation against Avicenna?????

Xanthë says

October 12, 2014 at 2:26 am

Perhaps this is the point Donnie, but I don’t remember the decrying – I only recall the allegation being made, whereas I don’t have any memory of it being retracted or apologised for.
How can you decry something that never happened?

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

dog puke wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:Does anyone know, is Jerry Coyne gay? No straight guy would be that into cats, right?
There are no gay people - gayness is just a feline construct.
Not insinuating anything about Coyne, but I wondered many times before:
Why do gay folks prefer cats to dogs ? And why do they like white cats so much ?

Glen_Davidson

Post by Glen_Davidson »

TiBo wrote:
dog puke wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:Does anyone know, is Jerry Coyne gay? No straight guy would be that into cats, right?
There are no gay people - gayness is just a feline construct.
Not insinuating anything about Coyne, but I wondered many times before:
Why do gay folks prefer cats to dogs ? And why do they like white cats so much ?
Guys have to like pussy, one way or another?

As for Coyne, I recall that he's written of his wife (no sense that it was a particularly masculine wife), but I'm pretty sure that there are no kids. Cats substituting for kids (could be true for most gay guys, too, except...)? Well, why not dogs?

So anyway, don't know why gay folks prefer cats--if that's true.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

In related news, Damion took people's advice and wrote about Doxxing on his blog. Not Oggie, he merely reposts things with Skeps information again, which apparently is bad...just not when he includes this information. Yet Oggie, whom nobody believes to be anything more than delusional or a liar, except maybe Damion, gets not a mention.

Why is that?

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Brive1987 wrote:

What about when you say:

It's not about what you said, it's about whatever the most uncharitable misrepresentation of your position made you sound like you said.

Intent isn't magic, shitlord. :naughty:

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Can someone with better web fu than mine look up and see of any professional football players attended Kent-Maridian high school in wa. Circa 72-75?

Just asking, Fiskin' ain't easy!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Glen Davidson wrote:
So anyway, don't know why gay folks prefer cats--if that's true.
Cats kill birds and gay people hate birds. It's true. Ask Katamari.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Badger3k wrote:In related news, Damion took people's advice and wrote about Doxxing on his blog. Not Oggie, he merely reposts things with Skeps information again, which apparently is bad...just not when he includes this information. Yet Oggie, whom nobody believes to be anything more than delusional or a liar, except maybe Damion, gets not a mention.

Why is that?
(the obvious is that doxxing anyone is bad, yet Damion tried to Dox Oggie himself here, and encouraged others to do it, in pretty direct opposite about what he wrote - seems a bit, say, deceitful?)

Odintsova

Post by Odintsova »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Odintsova wrote:Salon's balls dropped...

This is the same war on different fronts.

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/08/bill_ma ... socialflow
It is the same war on different fronts, and that was an excellent take down of Aslan and his portrayal of Islam, and I greatly appreciate your linking to it, I learned a great deal.

Re Salon, or even the author of the piece,
Moreover, we need to turn our critical irreligious gaze to what has been going wrong in the United States since the Reagan era as well. We herald the humanism allegedly inherent in the secular nature of our republic, while much of our Congress is in thrall to the religious right, with a House Science Committee that denies the reality of climate change, and, more broadly, a growing number of Republicans disbelieving the theory of evolution – 48 percent, according to recent data, up from 39 percent in 2009. Women are still paid less than men in the workplace, and the freedom to do as they chose with their bodies – as evidenced by, in some states, the offensive underway against abortion rights and compensation for birth control – is ever more under threat. Sexual assault against women remains a serious problem, with faith-based biases still imbuing, whether obviously or not, both the victims’ responses to the crime and the way our courts deal with the issue.
Salon and he are still worshipping long debunked feminist nonsense.

(As a minor question, if the author and I both agree much of this crap started or got worse while Reagan was running, is "since the Reagan Era" really the best way to write that?)

Srry, never replied, but I completely agree. It seemed like a necessary appeal to their reader's bias in order to avoid total dismissal...

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Sunday evening, reading the pit, drinking some coffee, and listening to the people downstairs fuck....

(Turns up volume on TV .... That's better.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

Atheism is a religion in the same what that not smoking is an addiction.

Glen_Davidson

Post by Glen_Davidson »

I can't find any reference to Coyne's wife, so I wonder if it was another writer there that I mistook for Coyne.

I just have to say that I really don't know about Coyne, marriage, orientation, now, even though I thought I did.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote: It's not about what you said, it's about whatever the most uncharitable misrepresentation of your position made you sound like you said.

Every thing you do when you're dealing with the SJW crowd has to be self-interpreted that way. Because they will interpret it that way. There are not 'charitable readings' because in the real-world push-back you won't get any.

You call the Dean to complain: You're a immature tattle-tale not someone seeing fairness or justice.
You draw the Sword of Damocles: You've already killed women while raping them with your sword.
You make a joke: You have penned an anti-special-snowflake manifesto and are probably a racist, misogynist, trans-phobic piece of shit.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Badger3k wrote:
Badger3k wrote:In related news, Damion took people's advice and wrote about Doxxing on his blog. Not Oggie, he merely reposts things with Skeps information again, which apparently is bad...just not when he includes this information. Yet Oggie, whom nobody believes to be anything more than delusional or a liar, except maybe Damion, gets not a mention.

Why is that?
(the obvious is that doxxing anyone is bad, yet Damion tried to Dox Oggie himself here, and encouraged others to do it, in pretty direct opposite about what he wrote - seems a bit, say, deceitful?)
I was looking for something this morning and damn if my google search didn't get me to Damion's shitty little blog. Fuck the guy is a weasel. And he moderates comments against the push-back. Or at least mine because I've jumped his weasel BS before.

The funny thing is, while I don't remember the thread, pretty much everyone who posted jumped his ass for being a weasel. It must have been some good times.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Badger3k wrote:

Why is that?
Damion (or D4m10n as the scrubby cunt spells it) was either trying to bait us into doxxing Oggy (gotcha!) or imply that we were letting rapists run free (gotcha!) in true Damion fashion. He wanted to create a little drama that he could feel superior about. What made it deliciously amusing was his tantrum about being thwarted. There he was with the information, egging us on to do it, calling on us for not doing it, then not doing it himself. His lack of shame about this little stunt speaks volumes about his character, or lack thereof.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

I hope that the noise on twitter about Rebecca Watson and Dragon Con is about last year. Because I try and imagine the kind of idiot that would invite her again and my mind goes blank. Please tell me that nobody is that stupid. Please give me hope.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Pagancat wrote:I hope that the noise on twitter about Rebecca Watson and Dragon Con is about last year. Because I try and imagine the kind of idiot that would invite her again and my mind goes blank. Please tell me that nobody is that stupid. Please give me hope.
No, it's some kind of science convention? maybe - and I guess they needed an uneducated hack to be on a panel.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

Badger3k wrote:
Pagancat wrote:I hope that the noise on twitter about Rebecca Watson and Dragon Con is about last year. Because I try and imagine the kind of idiot that would invite her again and my mind goes blank. Please tell me that nobody is that stupid. Please give me hope.
No, it's some kind of science convention? maybe - and I guess they needed an uneducated hack to be on a panel.
You mean they invited her again? Please for the love of god just shoot me. I don't want to live anymore.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Glen_Davidson wrote:I can't find any reference to Coyne's wife, so I wonder if it was another writer there that I mistook for Coyne.
I just have to say that I really don't know about Coyne, marriage, orientation, now, even though I thought I did.
And that is why I like the Slymepit. Someone makes a statement, and is then intellectually curious enough to investigate further and is then honest/secure enough to post again saying he is unable to factually back up his previous statement.

FTB...not so much.

Thanks.

James Caruthers

Tribble wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: It's not about what you said, it's about whatever the most uncharitable misrepresentation of your position made you sound like you said.

Every thing you do when you're dealing with the SJW crowd has to be self-interpreted that way. Because they will interpret it that way. There are not 'charitable readings' because in the real-world push-back you won't get any.

You call the Dean to complain: You're a immature tattle-tale not someone seeing fairness or justice.
You draw the Sword of Damocles: You've already killed women while raping them with your sword.
You make a joke: You have penned an anti-special-snowflake manifesto and are probably a racist, misogynist, trans-phobic piece of shit.
You make a photoshop edit: you are now a harasser.
You talk about PZ: you are a stalker.
You post links here from Pharyngula or FTB: You are encouraging an internet mob to harass them.

Time to ban all of these things from the Pit. :naughty:

Since when do we let uncharitable false interpretations hinder us from doing things?

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

TiBo wrote:Not insinuating anything about Coyne, but I wondered many times before:
They do?

<anecdotal mode> I see gay guys with rat dogs faaaaarrrrr more than with cats. Although that is primarily from public observation where walking rat dogs if far more likely than walking felines.

Was in San Diego last week and spent a few very pleasant evenings in the urban core eating dinner (Craft and Commerce rocks) and playing my favorite game of Watch the Local Color. The number of cliched appearing gay guys walking dogs that would fit easily inside a college dorm microwave was well into double digits. </andecdotal mode>

So says the very manly and hetereosexual man with a passion for pussy. (felines and otherwise)

James Caruthers

Spike13 wrote:Sunday evening, reading the pit, drinking some coffee, and listening to the people downstairs fuck....

(Turns up volume on TV .... That's better.
You should have turned down the TV and recorded the audio for the Pit, shitlord.

What kind of harassing misogynist rapist pitter shitbro are you, brah?

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

And fuck you, Caruthers. You just screwed up the first time in my life I was going to have two posts in a row on a forum.

(unless this pointless rant just scored me two in a row, in which case...wooo hooo)

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

HelpingHand wrote:And fuck you, Caruthers. You just screwed up the first time in my life I was going to have two posts in a row on a forum.

(unless this pointless rant just scored me two in a row, in which case...wooo hooo)
:cry:
Your hopes and dreams washing down a toilet.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

JacquesCuze wrote:
I used to love your shoops Ape+lust, now I'm not so sure anymore. I may have caused Mykeru to flounce with some PZ japery of my own.

viewtopic.php?p=226806#p226806
I thought this was the reason Mykeru flounced. Instead of actually DOING something about Myers, let's just keep calling him a festering, moldy fuckhole in the dick of contemporary atheism.

GOT U, PEEEE ZEE!
I'm still trying to understand what this means; maybe we should go around the pit and see if we can get a consensus.
The quoted part seems to be a sarcastic rendition of the author's idea of a typically futile and stupid Mykeru move, because calling the Peezer a festering fuckhole it totes what Mykeru is about, and is easy to dramatically portray in voice inflection to a likeminded audience.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Spike13 wrote:Can someone with better web fu than mine look up and see of any professional football players attended Kent-Maridian high school in wa. Circa 72-75?

Per Wikipedia, there are actually a few former NFLers listed as Kent-Merridian alumni, and there seems to one from the time period you asked about: Robin Earl.
Wikipedia wrote:Robin Danial Earl (born March 18, 1955) is a former professional American football player, who played as a full back and tight end in the National Football League. He played seven seasons for the Chicago Bears (1977–1983) and two seasons for the Birmingham Stallions (1984-85) of the United States Football League.

Earl starred as a tailback at Kent-Meridian High School in Kent, Wa. despite his 6'5" 242 lb frame more typical of a lineman or tight-end. His senior year in 1972, Earl was voted the state's MVP both on Offense and Defense. Also named Washington's Top Scholastic Athlete of the Year.
Notable Alumni from Kent-Merridian High School (Kent, WA)
  • John Bronson, TE/FB [NFL Arizona Cardinals] 2005-07
  • Red Badgro, former MLB player (St. Louis Browns)
  • Karl Best, former MLB player (Seattle Mariners, Minnesota Twins)
  • Morgan Christen, Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, appointed by Barack Obama
  • Robin Earl, former Chicago Bears Running Back
  • Kyle Townsend, Record Producer to artists including Celine Dion, Jessie J, Keyshia Cole, and 6 time Academy Award nominated songwriter Diane Warren
  • Jeff Jaeger, former NFL kicker
  • Reggie Jones, attended (2001–04), NFL Cornerback (2009–10)
  • PZ Myers, blogger
  • Dave Reichert, Congressman from Washington, former King County sheriff
  • John Taylor, star of the reality television series Too Fat for 15 on the Style Network

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Watson (I assume) thanked Skeptickle for tweeted apology. PZ?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Can someone with better web fu than mine look up and see of any professional football players attended Kent-Maridian high school in wa. Circa 72-75?

Per Wikipedia, there are actually a few former NFLers listed as Kent-Merridian alumni, and there seems to one from the time period you asked about: Robin Earl.
Wikipedia wrote:Robin Danial Earl (born March 18, 1955) is a former professional American football player, who played as a full back and tight end in the National Football League. He played seven seasons for the Chicago Bears (1977–1983) and two seasons for the Birmingham Stallions (1984-85) of the United States Football League.

Earl starred as a tailback at Kent-Meridian High School in Kent, Wa. despite his 6'5" 242 lb frame more typical of a lineman or tight-end. His senior year in 1972, Earl was voted the state's MVP both on Offense and Defense. Also named Washington's Top Scholastic Athlete of the Year.
Notable Alumni from Kent-Merridian High School (Kent, WA)
  • John Bronson, TE/FB [NFL Arizona Cardinals] 2005-07
  • Red Badgro, former MLB player (St. Louis Browns)
  • Karl Best, former MLB player (Seattle Mariners, Minnesota Twins)
  • Morgan Christen, Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, appointed by Barack Obama
  • Robin Earl, former Chicago Bears Running Back
  • Kyle Townsend, Record Producer to artists including Celine Dion, Jessie J, Keyshia Cole, and 6 time Academy Award nominated songwriter Diane Warren
  • Jeff Jaeger, former NFL kicker
  • Reggie Jones, attended (2001–04), NFL Cornerback (2009–10)
  • PZ Myers, blogger
  • Dave Reichert, Congressman from Washington, former King County sheriff
  • John Taylor, star of the reality television series Too Fat for 15 on the Style Network
Yup, earl seems to fit the time and place. He played tailback not QB, although I wouldn't expect Peez to know the difference.

It was worth a shot. Earl still works in the Chicago area as a broadcaster, wonder how he would feel about the reminiscences of his ol' school chum PZ.....lol

Odintsova

Post by Odintsova »

Still yet other news:

[youtube]2ZyC8ya_GvU[/youtube]
Attachments
image.jpg
(125.32 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

fuzzy wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
I used to love your shoops Ape+lust, now I'm not so sure anymore. I may have caused Mykeru to flounce with some PZ japery of my own.

viewtopic.php?p=226806#p226806
I thought this was the reason Mykeru flounced. Instead of actually DOING something about Myers, let's just keep calling him a festering, moldy fuckhole in the dick of contemporary atheism.

GOT U, PEEEE ZEE!
I'm still trying to understand what this means; maybe we should go around the pit and see if we can get a consensus.
The quoted part seems to be a sarcastic rendition of the author's idea of a typically futile and stupid Mykeru move, because calling the Peezer a festering fuckhole it totes what Mykeru is about, and is easy to dramatically portray in voice inflection to a likeminded audience.
Thank you, I read as criticism of me that I didn't understand. If I understand you correctly, it's not. So if so, I appreciate the interpretation for me.

Yes, I do enjoy "... for Dummies".

Post by guest »

Pagancat wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
You mean they invited her again? Please for the love of god just shoot me. I don't want to live anymore.
No, it's because she's hosted a "wacky" quiz show before at Dragocon and other places (it's not a brainchallenge, just shmooze and hope your scientists can be nerds on command to be laughed at).

The Australian Skeptics are torn about Rebecca Watson's behavior doxing.

Considering Dr Rachael Dunlop has called FTBers & Watson for being a hypocritical attention seeking bitches and skepchicks liars about PTSD in the past - soon she'll be face to face with Watson. *popcorn*
Image redacted - personal information.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove personal information.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

blitzem wrote:
Is that Big Red in the red jacket over Vacula's left shoulder?
I don'tt hink so - the mouth is shut, and s/h/it looks like s/h/it's listening to someone...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote:
I'm not on Twitter. Is there a way for some one to "'freezepage' this for me? If I'm reading correctly, I'm the "person in question" who Myers accuses of "harassing" and "threatening" him & friends "for years."

Thanks. Very Important.

Post by Guest »

there are no depths to ophelia's stalking behavior and flawedparallel logic that she will not immediately sink below

http://noelplum99.blogspot.co.uk/2014/1 ... ho-is.html

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

HelpingHand wrote:
TiBo wrote:Not insinuating anything about Coyne, but I wondered many times before:
They do?

<anecdotal mode> I see gay guys with rat dogs faaaaarrrrr more than with cats. Although that is primarily from public observation where walking rat dogs if far more likely than walking felines.

Was in San Diego last week and spent a few very pleasant evenings in the urban core eating dinner (Craft and Commerce rocks) and playing my favorite game of Watch the Local Color. The number of cliched appearing gay guys walking dogs that would fit easily inside a college dorm microwave was well into double digits. </andecdotal mode>

So says the very manly and hetereosexual man with a passion for pussy. (felines and otherwise)
No the cat stereotype is pretty accurate. There pets you can leave on their own while you spend the night at a trick's house or go to Provincetown for a week. Right now it looks like gay singles who own dogs gravitate to French Bulldogs and Boston Terriers. Couples get labs.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

What's the best thing about a Polish joke?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Spike13 wrote:
It was worth a shot. Earl still works in the Chicago area as a broadcaster, wonder how he would feel about the reminiscences of his ol' school chum PZ.....lol
He might know if that coach that was rather thoroughly trashed may still be alive and if his son the lawyer is a litigious shitlord?

Avalyne

Post by Avalyne »

Pagancat wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
In case it hasn't been posted here. 500 sigs already. I'm guessing 450-475 don't know or care about the actaul doxxing. Might possibly be the #GG effect? :think:
http://www.change.org/p/bay-area-scienc ... al-program

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
I'm not on Twitter. Is there a way for some one to "'freezepage' this for me? If I'm reading correctly, I'm the "person in question" who Myers accuses of "harassing" and "threatening" him & friends "for years."

Thanks. Very Important.
Matt, I'm not clear on what you need freezepaged.

Each individual tweet?

https://archive.today/ynH3D
https://archive.today/dXGHK
https://archive.today/FGk8u
https://archive.today/BcX1m
https://archive.today/SchgO
https://archive.today/m2UJD

Or something else?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I know. Fuck off Brive. And I will from this topic.

My parting on-topic turd is this, redacted in light of the concerns aired.

Once again this is simply a summary of my views.

+ Doxxing is bad
+ FtB conducts doxxing.
+ The Slymepit doesn't and won't.
+ FtB is stupid, uncaring or illogical in its approach given how they picture the Pit.
+ Stop fucking doxxing. It's wrong.

I will assume most of you disagree. And that's fine.

http://i.imgur.com/9yUscwv.jpg

James Caruthers

Avalyne wrote: In case it hasn't been posted here. 500 sigs already. I'm guessing 450-475 don't know or care about the actaul doxxing. Might possibly be the #GG effect? :think:
http://www.change.org/p/bay-area-scienc ... al-program
Some of the comments (ergo, votes) may be from actual feminists. The comments were things like "because no woman should be doxxed" IIRC.

Who knows where it's circulating. If you started posting it to the GG hashtag, you could probably pick up 500 more votes in a snap.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Brive1987 wrote:I know. Fuck off Brive. And I will from this topic.

My parting on-topic turd is this, redacted in light of the concerns aired.

Once again this is simply a summary of my views.

+ Doxxing is bad
+ FtB conducts doxxing.
+ The Slymepit doesn't and won't.
+ FtB is stupid, uncaring or illogical in its approach given how they picture the Pit.
+ Stop fucking doxxing. It's wrong.

I will assume most of you disagree. And that's fine.

http://i.imgur.com/9yUscwv.jpg
I have no problem with your statement here.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Thank you, I read as criticism of me that I didn't understand. If I understand you correctly, it's not. So if so, I appreciate the interpretation for me.

Yes, I do enjoy "... for Dummies".
I looked lightly but didn't find the exact spot where it was said for context, but yeah you're not being critiized. The writer is just doing his [bad] Mykeru impression.