Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Biohazard

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Biohazard »

Meanwhile over at Nate Phelps blog the following was left in response to his statement that the freethought movement is not a "cesspool of sexism and mysogyny":
Cameron Brown: What is the slymepit or James Randi or Micheal Schermer then?
http://n8rphelps.blogspot.ca/2014/10/th ... m-and.html

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:PZ Meyers has a post about Mykeru's video and "Where's PZ" challenge, in which he makes out like he's Billy Bigballs who don't give a shit about what others say about him.

It's the usual blustering from Little Paul. Boring.

But I just wanted to give a shout out to this comment. I love it when a straight-faced prude describes the shocking things they have seen in serious, sober terms. Cracks me up every time!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/tyf7ZCD.png
I might be behind two of those pz in poop images. :lol: :lol:

Avalyne

Post by Avalyne »

I'm just wondering why none of the grown ups on here have tweeted a copy of KD's avi for #WheresPZMyers? Or did it happen and I missed it? :popcorn: I'd do it, but you all know how tech savvy I am. PZ'd be unrecognizable and the cock would be stretched WAY beyond what's natural... for cocks.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

jet_lagg wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
Christ, dude. To think I want Steersman...
Shit. Freudian slip. I guess the cat's out of the bag now.
It's okay, he has been designed as a pleasure model, jet. 8-)

Input your 10-key passphrase and the sky's the limit.
bhoytony wrote:Sigh. Oh Wonderbore where are you now? You don't know what you've got till it's gone.
[youtube]i28UEoLXVFQ[/youtube]
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
another lurker wrote:Hey NEC, what brings you to the Slymepit anyway? Which SJWs pissed you off?
Nec, I REALLY REALLY want you to go to PZ Meyers's blog and argue with Nerd of Redhead.

EPIC.
Holy shit, YES.

"Your fuckwitted opinion has been FLOOSHED as per the Hitchens quote"

"So you're saying you hate and despise me? I don't understand. I'm autistic you know."

"Stick a porcupine up your ass with a rusty spokesgay, fuckdouching slymer!"

"I can do insults too! You're... An asshole! See, I'm winning this exchange."
Nec_V20 wrote: If I bollocked one of my boys he or she knew exactly why it was that I was pulling them up
Please tell me this is slang for something. :?

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Avalyne, I thought about it, but I didn't want to drag everyone on the 'Pit into it, just like I thought about sharing fuzzy's bouncing PZ.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

James:
Pretty sure "one of my boys" is one of his pals, and that "bollocked" is past-tense for the act of "busting their balls"/"chastising".

Avalyne

Post by Avalyne »

Opyt wrote:Avalyne, I thought about it, but I didn't want to drag everyone on the 'Pit into it, just like I thought about sharing fuzzy's bouncing PZ.
Good point. Too bad, though. I'm sure the artistic merits of both would be dearly appreciated in FT land. :cry:

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Avalyne, they've already seen it, the only difference would be the rest of the world potentially seeing it, also apparently I'm being flagged for "inappropriate media" on Twitter lol.

Avalyne

Post by Avalyne »

Opyt wrote:...they've already seen it...
:lol: :lol: Another good point. :lol: :lol: And of course you are being flagged!! What was your blockbot level before you even started with the implied poop picks? Poo is never appropriate on the interweb, dontchaknow?

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Avalyne wrote:
Opyt wrote:...they've already seen it...
:lol: :lol: Another good point. :lol: :lol: And of course you are being flagged!! What was your blockbot level before you even started with the implied poop picks? Poo is never appropriate on the interweb, dontchaknow?
I don't think it went up. I was already at 2 for being a vile misogynist that happened to post in the "wrong" forum. :lol: :lol:

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Nugent not on the block bot yet?

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Soon Nec. It's just going to be you and me... Son

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

This was fun.
wherespz.jpg
(14.09 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

didymos

Post by didymos »

Uh-huh. The videogame industry, which didn't even properly exist until the 80s, is somehow still stuck in the 60s.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

bovarchist wrote:This was fun.
wherespz.jpg
Not the end I would have put him on and certainly not the end that he would choose himself.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Just watched Mykerus latest video. OK, it was his usual bag of great insults but one thing did catch my attention. Just before I came back Mykeru decided to leave the pit due to disagreement. Now if I left every time I had a disagreement on here I would have been gone within the first week. Mykeru called PZ's employer? What the fuck? Has Mykeru jumped off the deep end? Has he gone completely fucking nuts? I brought this up in the comments section.
Martin Scott15 hours ago

I missed this phone call as I was on sabbatical from the pit. My view. If he was doing this as a rep of the Uni or in supposed work time then, yes I can see your justification. Merely boasting that he is a tenured professor there to me personally is not enough. Skeptickle boasting that she is a dr would not justify doxxing her. Skeptickle making comments based in her medical opinion would. If you can provide evidence that of PZ doing these things as I have described then you have my support otherwise, No you were in the wrong sir.

I look forward to being promptly put back in my place

Konrad_Cruze 
His response seemed to resemble PZ Myers in justification.
MykeruMedia15 hours ago

You know what? After a couple years of PZ Myers frivolously accusing people of criminal acts, taking part in ongoing harassment campaigns to "destroy" people and drum them out of "their" movement, and now employer tattling for what someone does in their spare time, I'm not going to parse exactly the degree to which one can fuck with PZ Myers in kind, and just fuck with him in kind.

And I apologize if that isn't the exact, strictly delineated and carefully measured formula for response in kind you were looking for.

Awaiting the usual "so if he made a blog comment, you would kill his dog?" dumbassery from perhaps not you, but someone.
In short. He deserved it. Is that not the exact same rational used by PZ. Doxing and harrassing is OK when he does it because they had it coming?

I thought more of Mykeru, more fool me, but it looks like he has dug himself a nice deep hole and rather than hand us the shovel to help pull him out he is determined to keep digging. Or am I missing something?

As an employer I see it this way. If a employee of mine wants to get dressed up in a bed sheet and hang around bonfires with like minded people then they are quite welcome to. It is simply none of my business as long as the bed sheet does not bear the company logo nor does the employee wear it to work. People should be allowed a private life. What they do in the private life is no one business but theirs as an employer I have no right to get involved.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Adam Lee wrote: I assume this is a consequence of NRA-backed laws mandating that gun-fondlers be allowed to carry their weapons everywhere and anywhere without restriction:
Because society is of course going to change its rules and laws to accommodate for the needs of a single person.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:Just watched Mykerus latest video. OK, it was his usual bag of great insults but one thing did catch my attention. Just before I came back Mykeru decided to leave the pit due to disagreement. Now if I left every time I had a disagreement on here I would have been gone within the first week. Mykeru called PZ's employer? What the fuck? Has Mykeru jumped off the deep end? Has he gone completely fucking nuts? I brought this up in the comments section.
Martin Scott15 hours ago

I missed this phone call as I was on sabbatical from the pit. My view. If he was doing this as a rep of the Uni or in supposed work time then, yes I can see your justification. Merely boasting that he is a tenured professor there to me personally is not enough. Skeptickle boasting that she is a dr would not justify doxxing her. Skeptickle making comments based in her medical opinion would. If you can provide evidence that of PZ doing these things as I have described then you have my support otherwise, No you were in the wrong sir.

I look forward to being promptly put back in my place

Konrad_Cruze 
His response seemed to resemble PZ Myers in justification.
MykeruMedia15 hours ago

You know what? After a couple years of PZ Myers frivolously accusing people of criminal acts, taking part in ongoing harassment campaigns to "destroy" people and drum them out of "their" movement, and now employer tattling for what someone does in their spare time, I'm not going to parse exactly the degree to which one can fuck with PZ Myers in kind, and just fuck with him in kind.

And I apologize if that isn't the exact, strictly delineated and carefully measured formula for response in kind you were looking for.

Awaiting the usual "so if he made a blog comment, you would kill his dog?" dumbassery from perhaps not you, but someone.
In short. He deserved it. Is that not the exact same rational used by PZ. Doxing and harrassing is OK when he does it because they had it coming?

I thought more of Mykeru, more fool me, but it looks like he has dug himself a nice deep hole and rather than hand us the shovel to help pull him out he is determined to keep digging. Or am I missing something?

As an employer I see it this way. If a employee of mine wants to get dressed up in a bed sheet and hang around bonfires with like minded people then they are quite welcome to. It is simply none of my business as long as the bed sheet does not bear the company logo nor does the employee wear it to work. People should be allowed a private life. What they do in the private life is no one business but theirs as an employer I have no right to get involved.
First and foremost, what Skep tickle said was in the context of the facetiousness of the pit, which PZ is either too retarded or too vicious (or both) to get. He didn't like being the brunt of a joke, and so he took things IRL in an attempt to hurt someone he dislikes. There's no getting more dickish than that. Start from that premise and proceed...

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Konrad_Cruze:
He contacted UofMM, but unless I'm mistaken, it was mostly to put the fear of "the spaghetti monster" into PZ. Doing a tit for tat, and there's much more grounds for contacting PZ's employer than there was in contacting Skep's. It went nowhere anyways, as he's still "waiting" for a "call back" (where none is expected).

As PZ is likely posting from his office at UofMM for at least one or two (more likely 5 or 6) of his "blogs per day" there is far more room for the leverage of using the school's (his employer) resources to support his rageblogging. It's not private life at that point, as UofMM is a community college (if I'm not mistaken), which means it's funded in whole, or at the least by a significant part, of taxpayer money. Given PZ's tendency to claim his employment with UofMM, he is also declaring himself a public representative of the college. Whether that is his intent or not, he has become the face of the school.

In an effort not to cause it to return to the forefront, we can drag this to PMs if you would like.
Yes, doxxing is wrong. Yes, trying to get someone fired over internet bullshit is bad. There is also no reason to think that contacting the school will effect PZ in any way, shape, or form.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Opyt wrote:Konrad_Cruze:
He contacted UofMM, but unless I'm mistaken, it was mostly to put the fear of "the spaghetti monster" into PZ. Doing a tit for tat, and there's much more grounds for contacting PZ's employer than there was in contacting Skep's. It went nowhere anyways, as he's still "waiting" for a "call back" (where none is expected).

As PZ is likely posting from his office at UofMM for at least one or two (more likely 5 or 6) of his "blogs per day" there is far more room for the leverage of using the school's (his employer) resources to support his rageblogging. It's not private life at that point, as UofMM is a community college (if I'm not mistaken), which means it's funded in whole, or at the least by a significant part, of taxpayer money. Given PZ's tendency to claim his employment with UofMM, he is also declaring himself a public representative of the college. Whether that is his intent or not, he has become the face of the school.

In an effort not to cause it to return to the forefront, we can drag this to PMs if you would like.
Yes, doxxing is wrong. Yes, trying to get someone fired over internet bullshit is bad. There is also no reason to think that contacting the school will effect PZ in any way, shape, or form.
Firstly PZ contacting Skep's employer and getting others to do this was completely wrong with zero justification. I don't depute that. But contacting an employer even if the intent is not to get someone fired in my view is still wrong. Getting fired is not the only effect that could happen. It could put strain on the working relationship has with his colleagues. Still wrong. PZ is likely posting from his office at UofMM. You have no proof of this. You have no proof that he is using Uni equip. That is mere speculation. Bragging about being a tenured professor is not the same as as being a public rep. He is not the face of the school.

From what I can see the school has handled this correctly. Ignore it its none of their business. Trying to put the fear of the spaghetti monster into someone could be deemed harassment/intimidation. Contacting an employer for purposes other than work related issues is wrong. More importantly do we really want to turn a professional victim into a real victim.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Hunt wrote:
First and foremost, what Skep tickle said was in the context of the facetiousness of the pit, which PZ is either too retarded or too vicious (or both) to get. He didn't like being the brunt of a joke, and so he took things IRL in an attempt to hurt someone he dislikes. There's no getting more dickish than that. Start from that premise and proceed...
I have come to the conclusion that PZ Myers is a dick. Still waiting to hear justification as to why I should lower y ethical standards down to his level to make a cheap shot.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Latsot wrote:
Who are these people?

Example: people who have sex with others who are impaired by alcohol. That’s rape. Lots of people commenting at your place have argued otherwise and claimed to have had sex with people with impaired judgement. Those people are rapists. In any case, it’s not up to me to tell the police. It’s not my decision. But I certainly don’t have to tolerate those people or their views in a space I own and police. I consider such tolerance tacit endorsement.
Maybe he would like to point out where in the comments "lots" of people said that.
Well I certainly hope that Latsot doesn't drink alcohol nor ever been with someone who drinks alcohol, else he has just declared himself a rapist.

I am not sure the definition of "impaired" works as well as a legal definition for rape. The 0.08 BAC laws in the US are both the efforts to abolitionists, and in place based on the theory that alcohol retards your motor reactions. Heck, for some women of lighter frame, 1-2 drinks will make them "impaired" by the driving definition. Is that what he means? If not he needs to be far explicit. Passed out is unconscious and clear. Stumbling around and slurring I wouldn't touch unless it was my long time partner and she was feeling frisky, but we have also long ago consented to being sexual partners.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

deLurch wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Latsot wrote:
Who are these people?

Example: people who have sex with others who are impaired by alcohol. That’s rape. Lots of people commenting at your place have argued otherwise and claimed to have had sex with people with impaired judgement. Those people are rapists. In any case, it’s not up to me to tell the police. It’s not my decision. But I certainly don’t have to tolerate those people or their views in a space I own and police. I consider such tolerance tacit endorsement.
Maybe he would like to point out where in the comments "lots" of people said that.
Well I certainly hope that Latsot doesn't drink alcohol nor ever been with someone who drinks alcohol, else he has just declared himself a rapist.

I am not sure the definition of "impaired" works as well as a legal definition for rape. The 0.08 BAC laws in the US are both the efforts to abolitionists, and in place based on the theory that alcohol retards your motor reactions. Heck, for some women of lighter frame, 1-2 drinks will make them "impaired" by the driving definition. Is that what he means? If not he needs to be far explicit. Passed out is unconscious and clear. Stumbling around and slurring I wouldn't touch unless it was my long time partner and she was feeling frisky, but we have also long ago consented to being sexual partners.

NO. Bad Delurch.

You have introduced a colour that SJWs have categorically PROVED does not exist. Grey. There is only black and white. And I am now a racist shitlord for making that statement.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

LurkerPerson wrote:Ok, so this Nec20 guy got banned from A+ for suggesting his autism is some kind of superpower and "normos" are barely above the level of bacteria when compared to his amazing analytical prowess?
Then he (apparently seriously) suggests he's being treated like a "house nigger" because the pit is not accomodating enough to his obviously off the fucking charts level of autism. Why are we treating this douchebag with kiddy gloves again?
Because a lot of people smack-talk on the pit, as he has already admitted to doing himself. If he legitimately has a bit of trouble understanding interactions, cutting him a little bit of slack to let he know that most people don't really hate him for any real reason is little skin off my back to clear up a misunderstanding.

I tend to look at long term patterns before making a negative assessment about an individual versus just judging them on a single incident or set or rants. YMMV

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

BarnOwl wrote:screwtape's story about his son made me think of this film. At one point in the film the father says that his autistic son was "isolated from his peers," and now he is not. I have mixed feelings about the film, in part because I've met the family at horsey events, and also in part because I've really liked every autistic kid I've worked with in therapeutic riding programs, even if they don't "improve" in any obvious way. Of course I don't have to live with them 24/7.
So this explains why there is a local horse riding shop that set themselves up as a charity to provide horse riding therapy to autistic & mentally slow kids. It looks like they started the charity in 2009.

I was wondering if it was just some scam or a feel good charity or if there was any science behind it. I still don't know the answers to that question. I guess I might have to open up a 3rd possibility that their actions are irrespective of any science behind their therapy, their desires are well intentioned.

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:PZ is likely posting from his office at UofMM. You have no proof of this.
At one point didn't he actually have his students write guest posts on his blog as part of some assignment?

For a time at least there was no gulf between his blogging life and his teaching life.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:I have come to the conclusion that PZ Myers is a dick. Still waiting to hear justification as to why I should lower y ethical standards down to his level to make a cheap shot.
How about this: Mykeru's stance was that he's willing to climb into the pit of mud with PZ. There was nothing in it about lowering YOUR ethical standards. Granted there was a bit of that in his frustrated stance. Mykeru decided to climb into the mud, and whoever followed followed.

As for the response to me: you're right, I don't have proof that he's doing it from his office at work.

It is however a valid hypothesis that this is how it occurs, considering these things:
1.) Universities often have internet connections. Though this could mean he simply pulls out his phone in the hallway, he would still be using the University infrastructure to share his tripe.
2.) Most persons are "at work" for several hours a day, with a lunch break tucked in there somewhere. The more cushy the job, the more freedom you have with your "lunch break", so it's entirely possible he drives home (where ever that may be in relation to the college campus) to post to his blog, and then head back to the campus. I could start recording time stamps and converting it to CST/CDT for you if you want. It might confirm the hypothesis or deny it completely.
3.) Most people are lazy.
4.) Occam's razor implies that rather than spending fuel (be it biking, unlikely given the knee problem, or via car) to go home and post to his blog, the most likely conclusion is that he's posting his blogs from his office. The simplest solution is often times (not always) the correct one.

I don't have the desire to give FfTB the page hits/ad revenue to prove or disprove the hypothesis but using . :snooty:
The testing of this hypothesis also loses validity if it is given a voice in front of the test subject(s). And I haven't noticed any time stamps more detailed than "posted on date" on "archive" pages.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

didymos wrote: Uh-huh. The videogame industry, which didn't even properly exist until the 80s, is somehow still stuck in the 60s.
Well you see, women are only permitted to be secretaries in the video game industry. I guess Wu being a developer doesn't technically count due to the genitalia pass.

Also the video game industry has strong slender handsome men in sharp suits, fedoras smoking cigarettes in the office spanking the secretaries on the ass.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

wow ... such an incomplete thought there, nix the "but using", the thought is mentioned at the end.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:Just watched Mykerus latest video. OK, it was his usual bag of great insults but one thing did catch my attention. Just before I came back Mykeru decided to leave the pit due to disagreement. Now if I left every time I had a disagreement on here I would have been gone within the first week. Mykeru called PZ's employer? What the fuck? Has Mykeru jumped off the deep end? Has he gone completely fucking nuts?
Mykeru explained his action clearly in the video. If someone comes out swinging, you don't just sit there and take punches to your face with both hands tied behind your back. You swing back at an equal level of force or harder in order to deter such action in the future.

Disagree with Mykeru or not, at least he still holds a line, and has an internally consistent point of view on the situation.

His stance might be viewed in one of two ways:
* An eye for an eye
or
* If you dish it out, you had better expect to take it too.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Plonk wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:PZ is likely posting from his office at UofMM. You have no proof of this.
At one point didn't he actually have his students write guest posts on his blog as part of some assignment?

For a time at least there was no gulf between his blogging life and his teaching life.
If that is the case then I can see that as a justifiable action.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:
Hunt wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that PZ Myers is a dick. Still waiting to hear justification as to why I should lower y ethical standards down to his level to make a cheap shot.
I personally can't do that. Mykerus has already put up his own argument, which you are free to disagree with.

But let's assess this. pz is acting like your classic school yard bully with mentality and all. You can walk away from the first fight or two. But that doesn't always work, especially with bullies. They see it as a free pass to keep on doing it again and again. So outside of walking away, what course of action do you propose that will finally put an end to his bullshit?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Plonk wrote:
That was the very start of his blog. He kept it around after the project and made it his personal blog.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

deLurch wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:
Hunt wrote:
I personally can't do that. Mykerus has already put up his own argument, which you are free to disagree with.

But let's assess this. pz is acting like your classic school yard bully with mentality and all. You can walk away from the first fight or two. But that doesn't always work, especially with bullies. They see it as a free pass to keep on doing it again and again. So outside of walking away, what course of action do you propose that will finally put an end to his bullshit?
Butterflies on his driveway?

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

deLurch wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:Just watched Mykerus latest video. OK, it was his usual bag of great insults but one thing did catch my attention. Just before I came back Mykeru decided to leave the pit due to disagreement. Now if I left every time I had a disagreement on here I would have been gone within the first week. Mykeru called PZ's employer? What the fuck? Has Mykeru jumped off the deep end? Has he gone completely fucking nuts?
Mykeru explained his action clearly in the video. If someone comes out swinging, you don't just sit there and take punches to your face with both hands tied behind your back. You swing back at an equal level of force or harder in order to deter such action in the future.

Disagree with Mykeru or not, at least he still holds a line, and has an internally consistent point of view on the situation.

His stance might be viewed in one of two ways:
* An eye for an eye
or
* If you dish it out, you had better expect to take it too.
Personally I think an eye for an eye is antiquated. Mykeru does not hold and internally consistent view. He has railed against PZ and other FTBers for this kind of action but justifies his action the exact same way as they do. They deserve it. The childish argument of they started it simply just doesn't wash. He has for a long time made it clear that contacting employers is wrong but then goes and does it himself. This is not consistent. The reasons for doing so and his objectives do not matter. If it is unethical for SJWs to do it then it is unethical for him to do it. I will give him credit that he had the balls to do it himself and not get others to do his dirty work for him but that does not make what he did right.

Its an old saying but it applies here "2 wrongs don't make a right"

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

deLurch wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:
Hunt wrote:

Falsely calling an employer and trying to persuade others to do so is harrassment. I think you will find that such an action is in fact illegal.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

[quote="jimthepleb"

Butterflies on his driveway?[/quote]

Some of the most successful revolutions have been the ones that have remained peaceful despite aggression from the other side.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:Personally I think an eye for an eye is antiquated. Mykeru does not hold and internally consistent view. He has railed against PZ and other FTBers for this kind of action but justifies his action the exact same way as they do. They deserve it. The childish argument of they started it simply just doesn't wash.
I think that saying if you come out swinging, you will swing back is a internally consistent approach, because it means you can predict his behavior. He isn't just going to do it because he doesn't like you. You have to start that shit first.

But I think we are both just going to have to call this one a draw and say we both disagree with each other on that specific point.
Konrad_Cruze wrote:He has for a long time made it clear that contacting employers is wrong but then goes and does it himself. This is not consistent. The reasons for doing so and his objectives do not matter. If it is unethical for SJWs to do it then it is unethical for him to do it. I will give him credit that he had the balls to do it himself and not get others to do his dirty work for him but that does not make what he did right.

Yes. And when it comes to schoolyard bullies, following the civil rules just results in more beat downs & harassment. Almost every teacher & principal will tell you it is wrong to hit back. But it just won't stop until you fight back and defend.

There are the ideals that society promotes, that are ineffective. And there is actually what works.

OK. That stated, right now we have to proposed courses of action. 1. Continue to take it (the current status quo). 2. Fight back on their level.

Do you have a 3rd proposition that you think might work? Or can you provide a good case as to how & why proposition #1 will somehow become magically effective?

You see, my issue is that I don't like Mykeru's approach. But I view our approach as ineffective. And I suspect that Mykeru's approach can and would be effective. So I am looking for option #3.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Konrad_Cruze:
Two wrongs don't make a right, but two lefts might still knock someone out. To some extent it is a case of "Who is the bigger bully?". At some point you do have to stoop to someone's level if you expect them to understand. And, again, Mykeru dropping to their level effects you in no way. You can choose to still laugh (though that might be involuntary) at his acerbic videos, you can still talk to him.

Another point he made before his flounce, is that by going on the offensive he's attempting to cause the forces of FfTB to scramble and target him. I'm also fairly sure, as is he, that fftb won't go after him, for the exact reason he provided in the form of a clip of Looney Tunes in that video (WHAT AM I DOING?!).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:Falsely calling an employer and trying to persuade others to do so is harrassment. I think you will find that such an action is in fact illegal.
I agree falsely calling an employer is wrong. But the call does not have to be on a false basis. I could take the stance that Myer's is encouraging people to contact other people's employers because he doesn't like what they say on the internet and you want to know if UMM agrees that this is the correct course of action.

Mind you, I am playing hard at being a devil's advocate right now because, I think this is an important discussion to have and might result in identifying a better alternative.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Damn. I got bumblefucked by reality.

Last week, I noticed PZ had mentioned Mykeru only once on his blog. Ever. The other baboons loathe Mykeru and say so, but Peez had said nothing since he complained about a photoshop 2 years ago. I figured he was afraid his hardcase posturing might draw a real world encounter. So, I made this image and uploaded it to Imgur, but decided to hold off posting while I considered doing more work on it:

http://imgur.com/OCyaY51.jpg

While I dawdled, Peez posted about Mykeru. Krep.

(I think the pic is somewhat salvageable though, because PZ STILL hasn't used his name :) )

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote: ...[youtube]d5BdyIGtYcg[/youtube]...
Sweet Peezus' holy fuckballs! What in the blazing blue fuck was that?!?!
My, I wonder what Cyriak would make of that!
Horrible video. Very uncomfortable viewing.
Here's my retaliation.
[youtube]87nkJquHnAU[/youtube]

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Ape+lust:
I passed it on to Mykeru. Still hilarious.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Opyt wrote:Ape+lust:
I passed it on to Mykeru. Still hilarious.
Hey, that was good of you Opyt. Thank you, I appreciate it!

http://imgur.com/zwKwWhF.jpg

http://imgur.com/HHis9La.jpg

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

deLurch wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:Personally I think an eye for an eye is antiquated. Mykeru does not hold and internally consistent view. He has railed against PZ and other FTBers for this kind of action but justifies his action the exact same way as they do. They deserve it. The childish argument of they started it simply just doesn't wash.
I think that saying if you come out swinging, you will swing back is a internally consistent approach, because it means you can predict his behavior. He isn't just going to do it because he doesn't like you. You have to start that shit first.

But I think we are both just going to have to call this one a draw and say we both disagree with each other on that specific point.
Konrad_Cruze wrote:He has for a long time made it clear that contacting employers is wrong but then goes and does it himself. This is not consistent. The reasons for doing so and his objectives do not matter. If it is unethical for SJWs to do it then it is unethical for him to do it. I will give him credit that he had the balls to do it himself and not get others to do his dirty work for him but that does not make what he did right.

Yes. And when it comes to schoolyard bullies, following the civil rules just results in more beat downs & harassment. Almost every teacher & principal will tell you it is wrong to hit back. But it just won't stop until you fight back and defend.

There are the ideals that society promotes, that are ineffective. And there is actually what works.

OK. That stated, right now we have to proposed courses of action. 1. Continue to take it (the current status quo). 2. Fight back on their level.

Do you have a 3rd proposition that you think might work? Or can you provide a good case as to how & why proposition #1 will somehow become magically effective?

You see, my issue is that I don't like Mykeru's approach. But I view our approach as ineffective. And I suspect that Mykeru's approach can and would be effective. So I am looking for option #3.
I would despute the point about effectiveness. Myers has constantly referred to us as doxers, harassers, misogynists and just plain evil. All Mykeru has done is provided him with ammo to help prove his point. He has turned a professional victim into a real victim.

#1 does work based on the simple premise that Myers is burning every bridge that there is and alienating too many people. Michael Nugent being the latest on the list. It is a long road and often painful but getting frustrated and lowering yourself to his standard does not work because in his warped little mind you are only confirming what he already knew. You don't have to play by his rules to swing back. Wait for the mistakes and thump him for them, Shermer, Nugent. The list will continue and each time he loses credibility and readers. Victory is inevitable, we just need to be patiant

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

deLurch wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:Falsely calling an employer and trying to persuade others to do so is harrassment. I think you will find that such an action is in fact illegal.
I agree falsely calling an employer is wrong. But the call does not have to be on a false basis. I could take the stance that Myer's is encouraging people to contact other people's employers because he doesn't like what they say on the internet and you want to know if UMM agrees that this is the correct course of action.

Mind you, I am playing hard at being a devil's advocate right now because, I think this is an important discussion to have and might result in identifying a better alternative.
You are doing a grand job sir. Excuse me while I go swear for a few minutes and I'll be right back

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Opyt wrote:Konrad_Cruze:
Two wrongs don't make a right, but two lefts might still knock someone out. To some extent it is a case of "Who is the bigger bully?". At some point you do have to stoop to someone's level if you expect them to understand. And, again, Mykeru dropping to their level effects you in no way. You can choose to still laugh (though that might be involuntary) at his acerbic videos, you can still talk to him.

Another point he made before his flounce, is that by going on the offensive he's attempting to cause the forces of FfTB to scramble and target him. I'm also fairly sure, as is he, that fftb won't go after him, for the exact reason he provided in the form of a clip of Looney Tunes in that video (WHAT AM I DOING?!).

By meekly accepting that he has done this and not speaking out I am giving tacit approval of his actions.

didymos

Post by didymos »

Hmmm. Looks like the Patriarchy has been developing unmanned aerial rape vehicles:

[youtube]zbnDr_IbdIU[/youtube]

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

http://i.imgur.com/lbJxpIZ.jpg
(highlighted in response to)
http://i.imgur.com/xon8wRu.jpg
:lol: :lol: I think I'm doing it wrong. :lol: :lol:

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Opyt wrote:http://i.imgur.com/lbJxpIZ.jpg
Oh my god. It is adorable

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:I would despute the point about effectiveness. Myers has constantly referred to us as doxers, harassers, misogynists and just plain evil. All Mykeru has done is provided him with ammo to help prove his point. He has turned a professional victim into a real victim.

#1 does work based on the simple premise that Myers is burning every bridge that there is and alienating too many people. Michael Nugent being the latest on the list. It is a long road and often painful but getting frustrated and lowering yourself to his standard does not work because in his warped little mind you are only confirming what he already knew. You don't have to play by his rules to swing back. Wait for the mistakes and thump him for them, Shermer, Nugent. The list will continue and each time he loses credibility and readers. Victory is inevitable, we just need to be patiant
Hmmm... on one hand, pz will never really be without his merry band of crazies willing to do his will at the drop of a hat. Kind of like how you can't eliminate scientology. There is always another idiot out there & you can't eliminate crazy.

So what your proposal boils down to is that the occasional doxxing & calls of employer harassment is a small price to pay in order to allow pz myers to eventually snuff himself out of the atheist sphere of influence all but completely.

It is a sound argument, and I accept it as the superior one.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Opyt wrote:http://i.imgur.com/lbJxpIZ.jpg
Haha, you did! You made him adorable. Ooops :lol:

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

deLurch wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:I would despute the point about effectiveness. Myers has constantly referred to us as doxers, harassers, misogynists and just plain evil. All Mykeru has done is provided him with ammo to help prove his point. He has turned a professional victim into a real victim.

Hmmm... on one hand, pz will never really be without his merry band of crazies willing to do his will at the drop of a hat. Kind of like how you can't eliminate scientology. There is always another idiot out there & you can't eliminate crazy.

So what your proposal boils down to is that the occasional doxxing & calls of employer harassment is a small price to pay in order to allow pz myers to eventually snuff himself out of the atheist sphere of influence all but completely.

It is a sound argument, and I accept it as the superior one.
Did we just come to a consensus. Fuck man we aren't supposed to do that.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:Did we just come to a consensus. Fuck man we aren't supposed to do that.
You laid out a clear convincing case. I'm not dragging a debate to the ends of the earth for no reason.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

deLurch wrote:
Konrad_Cruze wrote:Did we just come to a consensus. Fuck man we aren't supposed to do that.
You laid out a clear convincing case. I'm not dragging a debate to the ends of the earth for no reason.
Fucks sake. There goes my days entertainment. :D

Thank you for that. You played devils advocate very well.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

didymos wrote:Hmmm. Looks like the Patriarchy has been developing unmanned aerial rape vehicles:

[youtube]zbnDr_IbdIU[/youtube]
Cock block?

Well, the Israelis have Iron Dome. Maybe feminism will counter with the Iron Chastity Belt.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Ok, the, I'll take the lead.

what I see as a big diffrence between Myers doxxing Skep and Mykeru calling UMM is that Myers doxxed her publicly, including her employer's contacts, encouraging his sycophants to fuck with her job.

Mykeru called UMM, as an individual person, didn't give any intructions to thers to do the same, and did not (AFAIK) release UMM's contacts, even if they are readily available online.

So we have on the one hand one individual giving a phone call by his own decision, and on the other hand a doucheweasel sending his hord of demented freaks to harass someone's employer.

What Mykeru did was mild a kitten by comparison to shitlord Myers.

There, I hope that'll keep you entertained a few more minutes/hours.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

And what do you mean, "unmanned"?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Well I had considered Mykeru's argument worth considering. It looked like a grey area. I am willing to entertain proposals & hash them out. And I find that is best done with other people providing their input & counter arguments.

That or I could go all Richard Carrier and decide whatever I think at any given moment must be superior & right as supported by my own words.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Ok, the, I'll take the lead.

what I see as a big diffrence between Myers doxxing Skep and Mykeru calling UMM is that Myers doxxed her publicly, including her employer's contacts, encouraging his sycophants to fuck with her job.

Mykeru called UMM, as an individual person, didn't give any intructions to thers to do the same, and did not (AFAIK) release UMM's contacts, even if they are readily available online.

So we have on the one hand one individual giving a phone call by his own decision, and on the other hand a doucheweasel sending his hord of demented freaks to harass someone's employer.

What Mykeru did was mild a kitten by comparison to shitlord Myers.

There, I hope that'll keep you entertained a few more minutes/hours.
I agree that it was mild in comparison but that doesn't make it right just not as wrong.