Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Parody Accountant

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by Parody Accountant »

didymos wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Not strictly SJW / skeptic/ etc related.
But I am seeing this play out on twitter and a little on FB because a person I used to be closer friends with is panicking over this person they know only online, who has been talking about killing herself for several hours now.
Reason? She cannot travel to Portland to see her girlfriend because she has no ID because state has it because she is till listed as male legally.
Which is terrible. But she had to have known this was an issue before Christmas Eve.

I don't know what to make of this. I think Chloe is emotionally abusive towards people that want to help. Or maybe really is dangerously suicidal. Either way, she needs help, and a trip to Portland won't fix it.

https://twitter.com/ChloeSagal/with_replies

Sample:
Chloe Sagal has done this suicide-as-twitter-performance thing at least once before. As far as I know, she didn't actually do anything, but got herself stuck with a 72-hour psych hold because someone called the cops. I think it's just more attention-seeking behavior, and wouldn't take any of it at face value.
That's probably the best thing to do in this new situation too. Call the cops. Either way, she gets help (faker or not).

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

I just started a troll tumblr yesterday. Not linking it here because I want to Poe for a while (similar to We Are Plethora at PZ's, but much more over the top with the kin that I identify with)...

Anyway, I noticed that I'm still not getting visibility on my posts that I tag. Does a certain time threshold have to be met before your tagged posts show up in searches for those tags? I even made a very specific one and had no luck, just nothing showed up.

Anybody here use tumblr?

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

DW Adams wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Is there a website that lets me watch YouTube/Amazon/Vimeo/RedTube/LiveLeak/Netflix videos sync'd up with friends and then let's communicate with each other via chat or voice?
Sorry I didn't see this sooner... I guess you were planning on a XMass eve viewing?

I show videos in our chat room occasionally. All it takes is a program like WebCamMax to use as a "video camera". I can stream videos from my HD or from video sites into the chat room and chat with other members while we watch.
Thanks!

And yeah, I'm sort of surprised that there isn't some web based service doing this for all the video sites, sports stories, fashion, etc.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

JacquesCuze wrote:
DW Adams wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Is there a website that lets me watch YouTube/Amazon/Vimeo/RedTube/LiveLeak/Netflix videos sync'd up with friends and then let's communicate with each other via chat or voice?
Sorry I didn't see this sooner... I guess you were planning on a XMass eve viewing?

I show videos in our chat room occasionally. All it takes is a program like WebCamMax to use as a "video camera". I can stream videos from my HD or from video sites into the chat room and chat with other members while we watch.
Thanks!

And yeah, I'm sort of surprised that there isn't some web based service doing this for all the video sites, sports stories, fashion, etc.
Baboons just agree to begin watching a YouTube movie at a set time and send their comments to a dedicated Twitter account. It's rudimentary, but seems to work okay for MST3King movies, if that's the sort of thing you're after.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:*Nods respectfully in Shermertron's direction*

And a BIG thumbs up to The Yeti for untangling the nitwit's knotted confabulations.

http://imgur.com/n3chjRL.png

http://imgur.com/yhOGco8.jpg
You fucking ledge. You made me log in on Crimbo day just to write this. Cunt.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I used to sleep with my kitty. We would go to bed at 9pm every night, and she would sleep soundly in the crook of my arm until 5am the next morning, at which point she would get up, go downstairs, and partake of her noms. She even snored, and it got worse with age, as she sounded like cooing pigeon. I tended to toss and turn a lot, and she didn't even complain when I moved her from one arm to the other as I changed sides. What a sweetie. She died in 2009 and I now have a terribad Abyssinian as her replacement. *sigh* The aby won't cuddle, instead she insists on harassing me with forced boob rubs and shoulder sits.

I used to have birds as well, a couple of cockatiels, and they would sleep with me as well, right up on the corner of the bed, near my head. Good birds!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

> Initiate online contact with Avicenna
> Polite yet sarcastic tone adopted
> Ask him about his metal cyborg endoskeleton
> Avi retorts
> Claims over 9000 confirmed doctoring achievements
> Mocks me for working in Tesco testing the grapes for sweetness
> Calls me privileged
> MFW
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5nKR1iIYAA9JXN.jpg

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Ok, where's my presents?
To: The Pyt's resident size-queen

P.S. Sorry I didn't have time to wrap them.

http://www.heyepiphora.com/wp-content/u ... ldos-2.jpg
Mudbrooker!!! One drunken night 2 years ago, and I'm never gunna live it down.
Cock Doxed by the 'brooker......pfffft.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Parody Accountant wrote:
didymos wrote:
But I am seeing this play out on twitter and a little on FB because a person I used to be closer friends with is panicking over this person they know only online, who has been talking about killing herself for several hours now.
Reason? She cannot travel to Portland to see her girlfriend because she has no ID because state has it because she is till listed as male legally.
Which is terrible. But she had to have known this was an issue before Christmas Eve.

I don't know what to make of this. I think Chloe is emotionally abusive towards people that want to help. Or maybe really is dangerously suicidal. Either way, she needs help, and a trip to Portland won't fix it.

SNIP
Chloe Sagal has done this suicide-as-twitter-performance thing at least once before. As far as I know, she didn't actually do anything, but got herself stuck with a 72-hour psych hold because someone called the cops. I think it's just more attention-seeking behavior, and wouldn't take any of it at face value.
That's probably the best thing to do in this new situation too. Call the cops. Either way, she gets help (faker or not).
Now she did this: People who have just had massive heart attacks are not usually tweeting to people.
Most tweets being calling out people for not being supportive enough. No replies to people telling her to go to a hospital.

Look at the retweets. I don't know what is going on in the minds of fans/friends.
If I had a friend, or person I thought of as one, doing this...I would be calling some kind of mental health person (assuming the person's family would be of no help)

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I just searched "Chloe Sagal" on google, and it would appear that she threatens to kill herself every six months...

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Parody Accountant wrote:
didymos wrote:

SNIP
Now she did this: People who have just had massive heart attacks are not usually tweeting to people.
Most tweets being calling out people for not being supportive enough. No replies to people telling her to go to a hospital.

Look at the retweets. I don't know what is going on in the minds of fans/friends.
If I had a friend, or person I thought of as one, doing this...I would be calling some kind of mental health person (assuming the person's family would be of no help)

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

http://i.imgur.com/aRq5273.png

And Ape?
You are one serious talent, son :clap:

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Ape+lust wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
DW Adams wrote:[.quote="JacquesCuze"]Is there a website that lets me watch YouTube/Amazon/Vimeo/RedTube/LiveLeak/Netflix videos sync'd up with friends and then let's communicate with each other via chat or voice?[./quote]

Thanks!

Baboons just agree to begin watching a YouTube movie at a set time and send their comments to a dedicated Twitter account. It's rudimentary, but seems to work okay for MST3King movies, if that's the sort of thing you're after.
Ah, I will have to smarten up to reach baboon stage.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

And a BIG thumbs up to The Yeti for untangling the nitwit's knotted confabulations.

Top rate stuff as usual Ape+lust. :text-bravo:

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Enjoying a christmas-music-free christmas this year! Played some GoGos, Naked Barbies, and the Blues on xmas eve.

Bet the Bells of St. Morris are going non-stop today.
I listened to Ertha Kitt's "Santa Baby" and did my level best to avoid hearing any other Christmas songs.

Except the Yobs, of course.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

I hear that Napoleon had an Avicenna complex.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Someone should tell her that CFI is not currently hiring, so she can give it a rest.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Billie from Ockham wrote:https://twitter.com/ChloeSagal/with_replies

Someone should tell her that CFI is not currently hiring, so she can give it a rest.
If I had a twitter account I'd tweet her: "Are you dead yet?"

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

You fucking ledge. You made me log in on Crimbo day just to write this. Cunt.
When I get off my arse, I'm going to give A+L a BPE icon for this.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Billie from Ockham wrote:https://twitter.com/ChloeSagal/with_replies

Probably best laugh I will have all day

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I'd love to know what Avi's reaction to that shoop is. Probably a predictable whine and blather about harrasment and IP theft (as he calls it), but, well....

For anyone interested, Avi's latest claim, and one which he has bleeted about a few times now, is intellectual property theft (IP theft). IPT is a primary target of the FBI, so to accuse someone of this crime is a pretty major accusation. And of course, in typical Avi stylee, no proofs are offered. And his most loyal sycophants rage on tearfully about Avi not needing to provide proofs because he's Avi, and because the Bad Guys are the Bad Guys. Intellectual retardation is more like it. Anyway, Avi has been making several very, very broad accusations against what he calls "anti-FTB" people, and of course us Pit people, who are the very epitome of the Bad Guys. Natch.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

So someone said something about chainsaw fights? Ha Ha Ha
[youtube]Ru0sY_IPJIQ[/youtube]

Billie from Ockham

Avi, MD, white knight to acid-burn victims everywhere, recently suggested using a mid base such as milk to rinse acid off victims.

Maybe I ought to give him a break, as it's a popular misconception, but I just reminded him that cow's milk has a pH of 6.7 (i.e., it's a mild acid, instead).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Who the hell is Chloe sagal, why the hell do we care?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Avi, MD, white knight to acid-burn victims everywhere, recently suggested using a mid base such as milk to rinse acid off victims.

Maybe I ought to give him a break, as it's a popular misconception, but I just reminded him that cow's milk has a pH of 6.7 (i.e., it's a mild acid, instead).
You should have suggested semen. Right in the face.

We are Pitters after all. It's what we do.

:cdc:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Avi, MD, white knight to acid-burn victims everywhere, recently suggested using a mid base such as milk to rinse acid off victims.

You should have suggested semen. Right in the face.

We are Pitters after all. It's what we do.

:cdc:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I had to say that twice. Pitters, you must

http://legalmatch.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8 ... 6c6970c-pi

SN could even use her new cock 4 the job!

Post by Guest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Who the hell is Chloe sagal, why the hell do we care?
Well with *that* attitude, young man, maybe you won't be getting any more drama for Christmas!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

another lurker wrote:I had to say that twice. Pitters, you must

http://legalmatch.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8 ... 6c6970c-pi

SN could even use her new cock 4 the job!
No, no, I'll be using those for something else. :lol:

some guy

Post by some guy »

Yeah, but the more relevant characteristic is how well it is pH-buffered compared to any alternative. Compared to a equal volume of plain water, it would be much better in neutralizing any acid on the skin.

(But it's probably a moot point: I doubt acid-burn victims will find themselves next to a handy supply of milk. More likely water (and plenty of it) will be the first thing they will have quick access to.)

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Scented Nectar wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Ok, where's my presents?
To: The Pyt's resident size-queen

Ah, thanks!

Um, I don't want to complain, but why's he only got a semi? I used to see those things stand at full attention, back in the day. 8-)
If anybody can get them the rest of the way, it's you. :D

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Is this the part where I say "Now that fish is gonna smell funny"?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:To: The Pyt's resident size-queen

Ah, thanks!

Um, I don't want to complain, but why's he only got a semi? I used to see those things stand at full attention, back in the day. 8-)
If anybody can get them the rest of the way, it's you. :D
Uh oh, one of them talked, didn't they? No one knows how to do discretion nowadays! :D

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:I'd love to know what Avi's reaction to that shoop is. Probably a predictable whine and blather about harrasment and IP theft (as he calls it), but, well....

For anyone interested, Avi's latest claim, and one which he has bleeted about a few times now, is intellectual property theft (IP theft). IPT is a primary target of the FBI, so to accuse someone of this crime is a pretty major accusation. And of course, in typical Avi stylee, no proofs are offered. And his most loyal sycophants rage on tearfully about Avi not needing to provide proofs because he's Avi, and because the Bad Guys are the Bad Guys. Intellectual retardation is more like it. Anyway, Avi has been making several very, very broad accusations against what he calls "anti-FTB" people, and of course us Pit people, who are the very epitome of the Bad Guys. Natch.

That's probably the only way that Avi and "intellectual" can go together in the same sentence.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8437/7887 ... 27b5_b.jpg

For KD. Can't be letting SN get all the love!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Scented Nectar wrote:
So ... how's your Peterbilt?
http://i.imgur.com/LeFxBbP.png

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

In which Myers is chastised by his commenters for being "cissexist" and "erasing/invalidating trans people" by referring to vaginas as "female anatomy". :lol:

https://archive.today/g2lHf
PZ Myers wrote:Here’s a sample test in which a group of men were asked to demonstrate their knowledge of female anatomy with art work.
applebeverage wrote:“female anatomy”? When you mean “vaginas”, say “vaginas” and stop being cissexist. It’s really disappointing seeing you continue to make these mistakes, PZ.
applebeverage wrote:...my complaint is that because there are men with vaginas and women with penises, by referring to vaginas as “female anatomy” PZ (and many commentors in this thread) is erasing/invalidating trans people.
nich wrote:I’m sure that PZ as a cisgender biologist meant it without any offense intended and probably in the biological sense of the term. However, intent is not magic and as a few have pointed out labeling a human vagina as a uniquely female anatomical feature or a human penis as a uniquely male anatomical feature might rub transpeople the wrong way. If we were having a discussion about, say, a beaver’s sex organs, then yes, it might be useful to label them male or female for the sake of those ignorant of non-human anatomy. But as most here probably have little trouble envisioning a human vagina or a human penis, adding male and female to the discussion seems unnecessary and might just push buttons that get pushed a little too often.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

oh gosh that's a beautiful thing, cuntajus

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

CuntajusRationality wrote:In which Myers is chastised by his commenters for being "cissexist" and "erasing/invalidating trans people" by referring to vaginas as "female anatomy". :lol:

https://archive.today/g2lHf
PZ Myers wrote:Here’s a sample test in which a group of men were asked to demonstrate their knowledge of female anatomy with art work.
applebeverage wrote:“female anatomy”? When you mean “vaginas”, say “vaginas” and stop being cissexist. It’s really disappointing seeing you continue to make these mistakes, PZ.
applebeverage wrote:...my complaint is that because there are men with vaginas and women with penises, by referring to vaginas as “female anatomy” PZ (and many commentors in this thread) is erasing/invalidating trans people.
nich wrote:I’m sure that PZ as a cisgender biologist meant it without any offense intended and probably in the biological sense of the term. However, intent is not magic and as a few have pointed out labeling a human vagina as a uniquely female anatomical feature or a human penis as a uniquely male anatomical feature might rub transpeople the wrong way. If we were having a discussion about, say, a beaver’s sex organs, then yes, it might be useful to label them male or female for the sake of those ignorant of non-human anatomy. But as most here probably have little trouble envisioning a human vagina or a human penis, adding male and female to the discussion seems unnecessary and might just push buttons that get pushed a little too often.
ANSWER KEY
http://i.imgur.com/nxbu2do.png

Billie from Ockham

Sex at American universities within a decade will feature such erotic exchanges as: "I would like to insert my social construct into your social construct. If you agree, sign here. And here. And here. And now initial here. Oh, wait. Never mind. My social construct appears to have lost all interest."

Billie from Ockham

There once was a beaverkin trans
quite offended by Peezus' fans
someone said genus Castor
(in the tone of a pastor)
could not swap their old vag for a glans

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Been sidelined with lurgy and a sick toddler most of the day but I'd like to wish you shitheads Merry Xmas.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

:clap: :clap: :icon-lol:

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

some guy wrote:

Yeah, but the more relevant characteristic is how well it is pH-buffered compared to any alternative. Compared to a equal volume of plain water, it would be much better in neutralizing any acid on the skin.

(But it's probably a moot point: I doubt acid-burn victims will find themselves next to a handy supply of milk. More likely water (and plenty of it) will be the first thing they will have quick access to.)
Milk contains any number of weak acids and associated salts, e.g., phosphoric acid and various phosphates, making it a fairly good buffering agent. Milk's buffering capacity is why you can get away with adding a fair bit of acid or alkaline material to it before it curdles.

On a side note, people often drink milk to relieve indigestion, relying on its buffering action to neutralize stomach acid. But the effect is temporary at best because milk actually causes increased acid production. Exactly why is unclear; see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9041693 for some additional information.

But the reality is strong acids are unbelievably savage and I doubt very much that the difference between milk and water would be significant.

A friend of mine was carrying a box of reagents into a lab when the bottom gave way and a 10lb bottle of concentrated sulphuric acid slipped out and burst on the floor. One of the professors (whose last name, believe it or not, was Zinc) grabbed a nearby box full of NaCO3 and poured it on the spill, followed by a lot of water. Despite the nearly optimal conditions for dealing with such a spill, the stuff ate through the heavy leather boots my friend was wearing so that his toes were visible, but fortunately unharmed.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:oh gosh that's a beautiful thing, cuntajus
I think you mean dickajus.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Merry Christmas, shitlords.

P.S. I'd participate in a video chat with some ’pitters were there no possibility of being recorded. I'm the President of the United States of America, so I can't afford being doxxed.

Billie from Ockham

Where else but here would a silly (and somewhat ignorant) comment about the pH of milk lead to both a learned discussion of buffering AND the suggestion that bukake would be a better option for acid-burn victims?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Merry Christmas, shitlords.

P.S. I'd participate in a video chat with some ’pitters were there no possibility of being recorded. I'm the President of the United States of America, so I can't afford being doxxed.
Yeah. I'm in a similar situation there.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I got sick laughing at that. I can breathe again, finally.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

What about in a couple of hours? I've got to go to the shops.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I have made an amazing discovery
A testicle's just like an ovary
Only on the outside
Where there's nowhere to hide
So I roll them around like a rosary

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

fuzzy wrote:I have made an amazing discovery
Only on the outside
Your reproductive anatomy's quite good,
Prob'ly includes the clitoral hood,
But I think that you've missed,
And you may be quite pissed,
The fact that it's junk that makes wood.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Only on the outside
Perhaps I have misplaced my glasses
Men and women may have matching asses
But the part that's in front
Be it dick or a cunt
Seems to indicate laddies from lasses

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Just got done watching "The Interview". Seems everyone has it wrong and Best Korea was trying to do the world a favor.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

fuzzy wrote:
Only on the outside
Be it dick or a cunt
You may say that it's all about cock,
And that gender is less fixed than rock,
But my internal feeling,
After much sex and squealing,
Is that women alone wear a frock.

Billie from Ockham

fuzzy wrote:
Only on the outside
Be it dick or a cunt
When I was a child and the world was all cis
you would learn all there was when they went for a piss
the boys would stand tall
while the girls used a stall
now there's six other options ... I'm so sick of this

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Having boycunts and girlcocks is iffy
Surgeons add and subtract in a jiffy
It's not much of a reach
To request two of each
And in tight trousers look rather spiffy