Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by comhcinc »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
What on earth can he expect from this 'executive committee'?
It's just Peezus, Ed, Greta and Ophelia.
They'll either ignore him or tell him to fuck off.
In order for Peezus to withdraw his accusation against Nugent he'd have to admit he was wrong in saying that Slymepitters are rapists.
He's sooner do the Hajj.
[youtube]jrlmaA3wmUQ[/youtube]

So what the video. We are CM Punk, the rest represent the FtBs.

Just go with it.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Diva Ex Machina wrote:What happened to BlueShiftRhino? Did he delete his account?
I just noticed that myself. He's been suspended from twitter. I am hopeful that he is off spending his time more wisely in real life. I do miss him though, and many other pitters too.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Ape+lust wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Here's the list:

Mano Singham soooo does not belong at FtB. He deserves better than their clownshow.
I once told him that in a comment, but after reading/commenting at his blog for many months, he really does reveal himself to be a 3rd Degree Social Justice Warrior. He writes like the academic he is, but he has drunk and defends the drinking of the kool-aid.

He is certainly more gentle, and adult in how he blogs and acts, but nah, he is definitely a social justice warrior through and through.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Cliché Guevara wrote:
Really? wrote:
Cliché Guevara wrote:What? No 'shops of the "executive committee" engaged in deliberation yet?

I'm spoiled.
I did see this earlier:
All right, that'll hold me for a little while.
Oh, wow. How young they were!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

And Phil was just accused of being a Nazi with a nice butt:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 1770686652

Phil Giordana Fcd Shatterface • 2 hours ago

"Slymepit" is such a great accusation. I'm proud to be one of them.

•
•
Share ›

tsig Phil Giordana Fcd • 7 minutes ago

That nice black uniform with those runic S's really sets off your nice butt.
•
•
Share ›

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:And Phil was just accused of being a Nazi with a nice butt:

•
•
Share ›

•
•
Share ›
Ha! I had to troll that comment.

Lurker, caught up.

Post by Lurker, caught up. »

Oh that Tsig really is insufferable. I've seen him in the Amanda knox thread at the Not-JREF-anymore forum. Another bellend.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Lsuoma wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:new nugent post

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/01/03 ... t-rapists/
Which one of you fuckers is posting as Avicenna over there?
:clap: :clap: :clap:
lol. I can't even spell it. I have to look it up to get it right. That's why I call him 'Avi.'

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Ed would have had access to logs showing the number of times avi logged in to correct, edit or repost articles. It would have been obvious from the logs if avi was hampered by bad internet connections and so forth.

Southern

Post by Southern »

deLurch wrote:
Southern wrote:Oh, you wanna your citation? I got you citation right here: I had to reinstall my Windows 7. I downloaded the official ISO from a MS partner site (since I have a OEM version of Windos 7), and since nobody uses DVDs anymore, I figured I could install it by USB stick. Simple enough, right? WRONG!

1) There was no official tool from Microsoft to convert the ISO into the correct format I needed to boot it from the USB. I found a way to do it, but of course it was through third-party software.

2) All set up, I plugged the USB stick, booted through it, and proceeded to install Windows... except NO!, WRONG! "Unable to find the CD/DVD device", even if I'm booting through the fucking USB. Two days later, I finally found a solution: after loading the installer, unplug the USB stick, plug it on another port, then try again. Why the hell this would be a solution is beyond me.

3) Well, surely I managed to install the damn thing after that, right? WRONG! Same error? What the actual fuck? Digging more, I finally found it: apparently you can't install Windows 7 through a USB 3.0 port. Since my laptop is a Sony Vaio, it has only 2 USB ports on the right side. The USB 2.0 port is on the other fucking side, with no indication that it's somehow different from the other two. Well, I'm avicenaing about that: the color of the plastic thingamabob inside the plug is blue for USB 3.0, and white for 2.0.

So, yeah, fuck Windows from the bottom of my dark heart. Had WoW a port for Linux, or was I rich enough to pay US$ 7k for a Macbook (and weren't those fucking thing so sissy, 15" screen on the biggest configuration? Fuck you!), I would throw this shit on the garbage dispenser where it rightly belongs.
I could try to point you in the right direction, but to be honest, you life would be some much easier if you just went out to a computer store and bought a USB DVD drive.
I'm not sure it would have worked even there. In a moment of desperation, I actually burned the ISO to a DVD and tried to boot from it. BZZZ! WRONG ANSWER, FOOL! It didn't work.

It used to be so simple. To be fair, it was 4 years since I had to install Windows on my PC. You, I think the problem is...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... o1_500.jpg

Southern

Post by Southern »

another lurker wrote:And Phil was just accused of being a Nazi with a nice butt:

•
•
Share ›

•
•
Share ›
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000345 ... large.jpeg

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

PEBKAC

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

another lurker wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Wow, I return from doing horse chores, to find even more FtB-lulz.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dance:

Barn Owl, Shoveler of Crottin de Cheval

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnail ... mbnail.jpg

Not much of a horse fan (and have scars to explain why). But that is an amazing horse.

Parody Accountant

Speaking of horses...

Jen McCreight walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Why the long face?"

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Parody Accountant wrote:It's funny if you sort TFA's 2nd article's comments by 'best' you get:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... s-network/
Mom knows what you did wrote:I had only heard of the slymepit in a negative manner before this. I checked it out though, it's actually quite tame. It's like the atheist forum After The Bar Closes.

There's no misogyny or racism (that I saw). There's no threats. It's just people who are critical of things like what Avicenna did. And some of them are pretty funny.

Check it out for yourself like a good skeptic. I wish I had earlier.
Just recently some FTBtard responded:
ftbtard wrote:"It toned down over there after attacking specific women for being women got boring. Make no mistake, they're a nasty bunch; it's just that most misogynists are pretty likeable until they're triggered."
And the reply...
Mom knows what you did wrote:Oh, do you have any links? I'd be more than happy to re-evaluate my position, as I was very recently of the same opinion, saying the same things.

If you don't have any relevant links to actual attacks/threats, I'll assume they don't exist and you are using the exact rhetorical arguments that PZ Myers and Avicenna use.

It's so embarrassing that I was spouting the same shit so recently.
Mom knows what you did also snaps at PZ after checking out the Pit:
It's moments like this when people like myself open their eyes to your absolute bullshit. I had never checked the slymepit until today, unfortunately because I believed you and your co-bloggers.
The slymepit is nothing like you made it out to be for years. I'm betting more and more people are realizing today just how full of shit you are.
I for one would like to apologize to the slymepit for siding with PZ Myers and his colleagues for so long.
Keep it up PZ. Keep scaring people away from your has-been blog.
So glad you were all on your best behaviour!

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

Tony Parsehole wrote: The usual "woe is me" shit.
I have several friends who did rural service after their medical degrees. I even visited a couple of villages where my friends were posted. These folks were not starving. Granted they were not making a lot of money, but to claim that your work pays you starvation wages is ridiculous. This is another of Avi's lies and fabrications. This guy won't stop. He is a habitual liar and fabulist. He believes his own lies. There is no way one can trust even on iota of what he says. Shame on PZ for not booting this fool earlier.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
some guy wrote:
Nugent wrote:Coincidentally, PZ did this shortly before the Freethought Blogs Executive Committee investigated and took disciplinary action against one of its bloggers for repeated plagiarism. In light of this, I have now emailed Freethought Blogs to ask for details of the procedures by which I could ask the Executive Committee to investigate this complaint against PZ.
Hmm... I think I see where this is going.

By making this request, he has signaled that he is willing to broaden his target beyond just PZ to FtB as an entity.

After all, FtB has recently shown that they have set ethical standards for the bloggers on their network, and that they can (and will) take steps when those standards are breached to preserve the reputation of their brand. So, in essence, Michael is now putting them on notice that allowing PZ to duck this issue is, in essence, a statement by FtB that such behavior is fine.
What on earth can he expect from this 'executive committee'?
It's just Peezus, Ed, Greta and Ophelia.
They'll either ignore him or tell him to fuck off.
In order for Peezus to withdraw his accusation against Nugent he'd have to admit he was wrong in saying that Slymepitters are rapists.
He's sooner do the Hajj.
Yes, but up until now, it has been easy for others to treat this as a Michael vs PZ "spat" and just stay out of it.

I could be wrong, but my impression of Ed is that (at least relative to most of the other bloggers over there) he is more likely to be able to look past his own biases and prejudices and consider the issue objectively.

In any event, if they blow him off, now the weekly post from the head of Atheist Ireland will be about FtB, not just PZ. It won't be just PZ's reputation that will be tarnished, Michael will ensure that now it will be tarnishing FtB's. Although I'm sure Ed would prefer not to deal with it, I suspect he's smart enough to realize that he has to. Michael shows no signs of going away, and every sign that he will ratchet it up when he can. (And unlike PZ, who has a day job elsewhere, FtB is Ed's bread and butter; he can't afford to let this fester.)

They acted quickly to get rid of Avi not just to preserve some abstract set of standards (they could have enforced them long ago if they had the desire to look sooner), but because the notoriety of his misdeeds now threatened to tarnish the network's reputation. Bad reputation means you will lose viewers, as well as bloggers that have other options.

Given that PZ really does not have a case *at all* against Michael, and has no reasonable defense (that I can see), and there are no diversions they can raise to deflect attention away from the issue, I suspect that eventually Ed will be forced to confront the issue. Either that or Michael will make him pay dearly for PZ's arrogance.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Southern wrote:I'm not sure it would have worked even there. In a moment of desperation, I actually burned the ISO to a DVD and tried to boot from it. BZZZ! WRONG ANSWER, FOOL! It didn't work.
Did you make the DVD a bootable disc?

In any case, here are some long instructions. First off, you will need a disc or USB drive to boot to windows so you can format your laptop drive and copy over the install files onto your freshly formatted drive. The game plan is to install windows from your laptop drive.

You will need access to another computer. The lynch pin to success for all of this is you will need to make sure you make the USB drive bootable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... nload-tool

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

deLurch wrote:
Southern wrote:Oh, you wanna your citation? I got you citation right here: I had to reinstall my Windows 7. I downloaded the official ISO from a MS partner site (since I have a OEM version of Windos 7), and since nobody uses DVDs anymore, I figured I could install it by USB stick. Simple enough, right? WRONG!

1) There was no official tool from Microsoft to convert the ISO into the correct format I needed to boot it from the USB. I found a way to do it, but of course it was through third-party software.

2) All set up, I plugged the USB stick, booted through it, and proceeded to install Windows... except NO!, WRONG! "Unable to find the CD/DVD device", even if I'm booting through the fucking USB. Two days later, I finally found a solution: after loading the installer, unplug the USB stick, plug it on another port, then try again. Why the hell this would be a solution is beyond me.

3) Well, surely I managed to install the damn thing after that, right? WRONG! Same error? What the actual fuck? Digging more, I finally found it: apparently you can't install Windows 7 through a USB 3.0 port. Since my laptop is a Sony Vaio, it has only 2 USB ports on the right side. The USB 2.0 port is on the other fucking side, with no indication that it's somehow different from the other two. Well, I'm avicenaing about that: the color of the plastic thingamabob inside the plug is blue for USB 3.0, and white for 2.0.

So, yeah, fuck Windows from the bottom of my dark heart. Had WoW a port for Linux, or was I rich enough to pay US$ 7k for a Macbook (and weren't those fucking thing so sissy, 15" screen on the biggest configuration? Fuck you!), I would throw this shit on the garbage dispenser where it rightly belongs.
I could try to point you in the right direction, but to be honest, you life would be some much easier if you just went out to a computer store and bought a USB DVD drive.
Back in my Windows admin days (Linux now) there were a couple of tricks that worked very well.

You could use diskpart to partition the the USB stick, make it bootable.l, then unpack the ISO and just copy it to the drive.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Oh, BTW - you might (probably) will have to go into your laptop BIOS and tell it that it is OK to boot from a USB drive.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Southern wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Southern wrote:and that kind of discussion makes me have to think how much Windows suck...
Citation needed!
Oh, you wanna your citation? I got you citation right here: I had to reinstall my Windows 7. I downloaded the official ISO from a MS partner site (since I have a OEM version of Windos 7), and since nobody uses DVDs anymore, I figured I could install it by USB stick. Simple enough, right? WRONG!

I think it's because it re-reads the device when you plug it in and the autorun starts.

Also, it really shouldn't have been so traumatic. You can buy an external DVD drive for $20 though they're pretty crappy and I wouldn't trust them. LG makes a pretty sleek one for $40. Lighton has one for $35. ASUS has one that is also BlueRay for $75.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BarnOwl wrote:
another lurker wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Wow, I return from doing horse chores, to find even more FtB-lulz.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dance:

Barn Owl, Shoveler of Crottin de Cheval

owls.jpg
:D That horse looks as if it might shit gold nuggets.
That's enough to make Brony want to cheat on his girlfriend, Rainbow Dash.

Post by Guest »

Tribble wrote:
another lurker wrote:

Not much of a horse fan (and have scars to explain why). But that is an amazing horse.
/delurk

It is an Akhal-Teke. A breed with a very interesting history.

/relurk

Southern

Post by Southern »

deLurch wrote:
Southern wrote:I'm not sure it would have worked even there. In a moment of desperation, I actually burned the ISO to a DVD and tried to boot from it. BZZZ! WRONG ANSWER, FOOL! It didn't work.
Did you make the DVD a bootable disc?

In any case, here are some long instructions. First off, you will need a disc or USB drive to boot to windows so you can format your laptop drive and copy over the install files onto your freshly formatted drive. The game plan is to install windows from your laptop drive.

You will need access to another computer. The lynch pin to success for all of this is you will need to make sure you make the USB drive bootable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... nload-tool
Well, I tried that tool. I managed to do it, in the end (that's why I'm here with you guys to witness the downfall of Avicenna, and not banging my head against the wall). But was it fun and easy? No. And I'm no regular user of these computorz; I haz l33t h4ckz0r skillz. That should have been a walk in the park!

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tribble wrote: I think it's because it re-reads the device when you plug it in and the autorun starts.

Also, it really shouldn't have been so traumatic. You can buy an external DVD drive for $20 though they're pretty crappy and I wouldn't trust them. LG makes a pretty sleek one for $40. Lighton has one for $35. ASUS has one that is also BlueRay for $75.
It shouldn't have been. When I finally managed to pinpoint the problem ("Windows 7 doesn't install from USB 3.0 ports! Connect to a USB 2.0 port, you dumb shit!"), everything went smooth - well, then there was the "finding the correct drivers" problem, but that I blame solely on Sony.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I wonder if Akhal Teke are indirect descendants of the famous, and ancient breed of "horses that sweat blood?"

Parody Accountant

another lurker wrote:I wonder if Akhal Teke are indirect descendants of the famous, and ancient breed of "horses that sweat blood?"
Jen McCreight?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Wow! Ophelia Benson wrote an entire article all by herself without huge quote boxes:
"Citations"
The subject is Avicenna's departure from FTB. She wasn't particularly kind about it either, not that I blame her in this instance.
https://archive.today/QLhuT

Lurker, caught up.

Post by Lurker, caught up. »

Beautiful horse. Now that could make me a believer.
Not really but beautiful horse.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

deLurch wrote:Wow! Ophelia Benson wrote an entire article all by herself without huge quote boxes:
"Citations"
The subject is Avicenna's departure from FTB. She wasn't particularly kind about it either, not that I blame her in this instance.

Good for her. I agree with everything she said. The sexy minx.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tribble wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Oh, and colon clearly wasn't too upset because when he quoted the supposed "doxxing" he didn't even redact his own name. The lazy bastard has left it up to me to do so.

Also, the turdbucket has his fucking resume and contact details on the interweb. Stupid prick.

It's not doxxing if you name your blog after your 'nym and put your real-life name in the 'about me' section and people point that out. It's not doxxing if you go on the fucking boob-tube under your real name and show of your idiotic block-bot which is 100% associated with your nym and blog (where you've already doxxed yourself).

And there's certainly no doxxing when the idiot puts it out there to manufacture evidence.

There was no duty to clean that up.
You are wrong. It was officially held to be doxxing (semi) quoting latsots name despite him mixing his nym and blog up - a blog where he had his name in the About section. You are clouding the principle with your view of the man.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

deLurch wrote:Wow! Ophelia Benson wrote an entire article all by herself without huge quote boxes:
"Citations"
May as well just post the whole thing here. Its only about 100 words.
Ophelia Benson wrote: As you may have seen, it has emerged that Avicenna has been plagiarizing extensively on his blog, so we had to cut him loose from FTB.
He posted what he calls an apology after the plagiarism emerged and before we cut him loose. I wouldn’t call it an apology myself. It’s not actually apologetic, and it is quite self-aggrandizing and self-absorbed and self-serving. That’s…not how to apologize.
He doesn’t mention anything about the harm done to the rest of us, or gratitude for taking him on to begin with. That’s not how to apologize either.
So, altogether, not a very shining moment.
On a happier note, we have new people coming aboard soon.
Only in strange circumstances do I find myself agreeing with Benson. I wonder who FTB has recruited to take his place?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Where's Bhoytony? he'd love this.
I've been stuck in a hotel in Bangkok by etihad while they sort out their flight schedule. Fuck knows when I'll get on a plane. At least Avi is providing some entertainment to pass the time.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jason Thibeault's take on it:

"On Avicenna, plagiarism, and thanking those who regularly cry wolf while flailing us raw"
https://archive.today/fbHCP

Choice quote:
Jason Thibeault wrote:My main problem with his writing now, knowing that he’s plagiarized with such aplomb, is that I’m now inclined to wonder if every moment of lucidity he had actually came from someone else.
Jason Thibeault wrote:I now call into question everything he’s written about his own deeds unsupported by direct evidence as they generally are. It’s still possible he’s done many or most of these things, perhaps with less rhetorical flourish; but the fact that he played fast and loose with attribution, and then in my estimation lied so casually in his apology and his excuses for what he’s done, I’m afraid my trust has been violated thoroughly. Without direct evidence, I’m inclined to believe he’s been more or less self-aggrandizingly fabulist. I have no doubts that he’s a medical student in India, but I have serious doubts about other aspects of his life, as a result of what he’s done.

Parody Accountant

Keep in mind Jason Thibeault has access to whatever IP address Avicenna logged in from... so we can probably assume safely that he was in India.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some guy wrote:... my impression of Ed is that (at least relative to most of the other bloggers over there) he is more likely to be able to look past his own biases and prejudices and consider the issue objectively.

In any event, if they blow him off, now the weekly post from the head of Atheist Ireland will be about FtB, not just PZ. It won't be just PZ's reputation that will be tarnished, Michael will ensure that now it will be tarnishing FtB's. Although I'm sure Ed would prefer not to deal with it, I suspect he's smart enough to realize that he has to. Michael shows no signs of going away, and every sign that he will ratchet it up when he can. (And unlike PZ, who has a day job elsewhere, FtB is Ed's bread and butter; he can't afford to let this fester.)
Nugent is clearly seeking to expunge PZ from the entire A/S movement. Is his strategy to drive a wedge between PZ and Brayton, by threatening the FTB revenue stream? HIt where it hurts -- silver & gold.

Pharyngula brings in a lot of revenue for Ed, but he's got to recognize that PZ has gone off the rails and is a potential liability at this point. He's becoming more and more erratic with each passing day. If pressured to apologize to Nugent & retract his smears, or be booted from FTB, what will PZ do? Can his cholesterol-choked arteries bear the strain?

If it were me, I'd persuade Peez to 'take a sabbatical' from blogging -- claim health reasons, with some vague vow to devote his writing energies to finally completing Natural Revolution. Peez, convinced he alone has the key to overthrowing natural selection, might even go for that.

Peez can rage and fume all he wants behind the walls of the Branch Davidian compound. But when even the Friendly Atheist is thanking the Slymepit, the gig is up.

:cdc:

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

deLurch wrote:Jason Thibeault's take on it:

"On Avicenna, plagiarism, and thanking those who regularly cry wolf while flailing us raw"
https://archive.today/fbHCP

Choice quote:
Jason Thibeault wrote:My main problem with his writing now, knowing that he’s plagiarized with such aplomb, is that I’m now inclined to wonder if every moment of lucidity he had actually came from someone else.
Jason Thibeault wrote:I now call into question everything he’s written about his own deeds unsupported by direct evidence as they generally are. It’s still possible he’s done many or most of these things, perhaps with less rhetorical flourish; but the fact that he played fast and loose with attribution, and then in my estimation lied so casually in his apology and his excuses for what he’s done, I’m afraid my trust has been violated thoroughly. Without direct evidence, I’m inclined to believe he’s been more or less self-aggrandizingly fabulist. I have no doubts that he’s a medical student in India, but I have serious doubts about other aspects of his life, as a result of what he’s done.
I wish there was a word for the philosophical position that claims should be supported by evidence rather than accepted without question just because other people take it for granted.

Shatterface

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lurker, caught up. wrote:Oh that Tsig really is insufferable. I've seen him in the Amanda knox thread at the Not-JREF-anymore forum. Another bellend.
Tsig is indisputably insane. Best to ignore.

Re FtB disappointment. I'm surely they are simply bemoaning their cut of 1/30th of $2 a day.

Parody Accountant

Nope, PZ and Ed are part of the same SJW cloth. But Ed is the cautious button fly, and PZ is the zipper that chaffes the penis into a bloody mess.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:
"Citations"
Ophelia Benson wrote: As you may have seen, it has emerged that Avicenna has been plagiarizing extensively on his blog, so we had to cut him loose from FTB.
He posted what he calls an apology after the plagiarism emerged and before we cut him loose. I wouldn’t call it an apology myself. It’s not actually apologetic, and it is quite self-aggrandizing and self-absorbed and self-serving. That’s…not how to apologize.
He doesn’t mention anything about the harm done to the rest of us, or gratitude for taking him on to begin with. That’s not how to apologize either.
Only in strange circumstances do I find myself agreeing with Benson. I wonder who FTB has recruited to take his place?
Whoa. Let's not applaud the woman. Shermertron on Twitter gets half of it right.
Her apology for petty ridicule of a woman whose husband just died was a literal "my bad" until people pointed out that she's a fucking mummy ghoul.

And she got GIANT balls to criticize Avicenna for plagiarizing when she copies such a large percentage of her sources and contributes so little.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... 0ckjpg.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Aw for fuck's sake, they're really throwing Avi under the bus.

They've shamed the shit out of him, it's done.

Just let the guy go and stfu about it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:And she got GIANT balls to criticize Avicenna for plagiarizing when she copies such a large percentage of her sources and contributes so little.
I did a quick check to see if she modified her writing style to have more of her own words vs. cut & paste. Nope. No dice. At least she doesn't try to pretend other people's work is her own.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

FtB...

If you want to QUESTION anything about Avi, investigate the pictures he put up of the patient of his.

That's really it.

Nothing else really matters if you've removed him from your fucking blogsite.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Damn, this so tragic. Now I will never get to hear about the autopsy reports Avi must have done on the Indonesia air-crash victims.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

rayshul wrote:Aw for fuck's sake, they're really throwing Avi under the bus.
Yeah. I really have no interest in beating him up any more than what he has done to himself. There are plenty of other lies that he has spread that have yet to be acknowledged. But there is a time to just accept that it isn't worth fighting over any more.

It is possible he could come back and independently try to continue his lying campaign. I would keep a copy of the wget of his blog postings just in case. Is that up for download yet?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Tribble wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:new nugent post

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/01/03 ... t-rapists/
Which one of you fuckers is posting as Avicenna over there?
:clap: :clap: :clap:
lol. I can't even spell it. I have to look it up to get it right. That's why I call him 'Avi.'
pffft.

It's spelled M-U-N-C-H-A-U-S-E-N

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Southern wrote:
Tribble wrote: I think it's because it re-reads the device when you plug it in and the autorun starts.

It shouldn't have been. When I finally managed to pinpoint the problem ("Windows 7 doesn't install from USB 3.0 ports! Connect to a USB 2.0 port, you dumb shit!"), everything went smooth - well, then there was the "finding the correct drivers" problem, but that I blame solely on Sony.
Ah, Sony. Yes, I had my troubles with them. And Toshiba. And HP after Carley Fiorina destroyed the company. And Dell after he got big and went away from quality.

Now it's Brother printers and I only buy gaming rigs from indies, like Digital Storm, because independent, boutique gaming-computer manufacturers can't afford to lose their reputation. And it's worth the money. I bought my computer June, 2010 and it's still in the Top-5% according to "Can You Run It" and even higher in the Steam Hardware Survey. I figure it'll be good for another two-to-three years before I have to replace it.

dogen

Post by dogen »

deLurch wrote:
Yeah. I really have no interest in beating him up any more than what he has done to himself. There are plenty of other lies that he has spread that have yet to be acknowledged. But there is a time to just accept that it isn't worth fighting over any more.

It is possible he could come back and independently try to continue his lying campaign. I would keep a copy of the wget of his blog postings just in case. Is that up for download yet?
I gave the wget tarball to the Fascist Tit -- you'll have to prod him for it.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
"Citations"
Whoa. Let's not applaud the woman. Shermertron on Twitter gets half of it right.
Her apology for petty ridicule of a woman whose husband just died was a literal "my bad" until people pointed out that she's a fucking mummy ghoul.
Let's not forget that Ophelia Benson dismissed one of the victims of the recent Sydney shooting, Katrina Dawson, as a "privileged rich coffee-sipper".

http://www.freezepage.com/1418705765PFZWRCSBDJ

Truly, she is beneath contempt.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

He's now an outsider. You know the outsider must destroyed, figuratively, if not literally.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:

And she got GIANT balls to criticize Avicenna for plagiarizing when she copies such a large percentage of her sources and contributes so little.
And yet she does actually cite her sources, which is actually different from trying to pass them off as your own work. I didn't say that Benson is a commendable person or that it would be hard to appreciate the badness of Avi's behavior and not-pology. I only said I agree with her in this particular instance.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:
Really? wrote:

And yet she does actually cite her sources, which is actually different from trying to pass them off as your own work. I didn't say that Benson is a commendable person or that it would be hard to appreciate the badness of Avi's behavior and not-pology. I only said I agree with her in this particular instance.
Fine, but that's like a priest who's fucking a 17.5-year-old criticizing a guy who's fucking a 13-year-old.

smoothmedia

Post by smoothmedia »

An odd exchange in response to Ophelia's post. Avicenna, seemingly thought she was being sarcastic.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hey, PZ... don't forget to change Avi's backchannel password!

I'm waiting for Avicenna to show up here at the pit. :character-apu:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Wowbagger, Heaper of Scorn

3 January 2015 at 7:10 pm

Can somebody please explain to me the R Watson hate?

She refuses to tell petulant, entitled manbabies that they are the center of the universe.

franc

Post by franc »

5 second nasal douche "how to". Take a big mouthful of salty water. Look at below image -

http://i.imgur.com/Spl1JCJ.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It's easy when you have nothing to loose.

Parody Accountant

She WAS being sarcastic. She was saying that he never thanked Ophelia and crew for bringing him aboard.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I wonder if they are more upset with him over the bad light cast on FTB? Or that they had to eat crow from the slymepit? Or that he plagiarized significantly.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
Fine, but that's like a priest who's fucking a 17.5-year-old criticizing a guy who's fucking a 13-year-old.
LMAO.

Fair enough. Shades of grey, and all that...