Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Jesper

Re: How 'bout them Hawks!?

Post by Jesper »

Keep digging guys. :lol:

New shit is coming to light post by post.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

First of all, holy fuck this place blew up.

Second, Vocal Fry? First, I actually had to look up what that was. Considering that most of us seem to be in the same boat, it can't be THAT big of an issue, now can it? Maybe we're just not in the right circles. Is this something people are complaining about on Pinterest?

Third...
jimthepleb wrote:The largest difference between the 'pit and 'the other place' is that we don't presume to have the correct answers on this side. Fuck it ask us about tools or bread or Palestine.
This is the big difference in all of this crappy SJW bullshit. It's the popular notion that they have all the answers, nothing more to see, everybody go home. And I'm going to actually define SJW.

It's someone who uses "social justice" issues as a cover in order to fight for social status and hierarchy.

The idea that they don't have all the answers goes against that, because it gives an opening for someone else to step up. And there can be none of that.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Service Dog wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Apparently men do vocal fry as well, only they aren't blamed for it, unlike women.
I think critics of 'vocal fry' aren't-just complaining about the sound-- they're complaining about what the sound is used-for.

Namely: it's being used to affect sounding like an airhead.

Furthermore: it's being used to sound like an airhead in order to Get Ahead.

A masculine man can fry the shit out of his words, but he won't be rewarded for it.

A chick who fries her words might gain from casting-herself as a breezy lil fluffball.

Likewise, an effeminate man might also gain from casting-himself as a fluffy little twerp.
(And he'll get criticized, too.)

It's a social gambit. A ploy. The dudes who don't get criticized for it... don't-get-criticized because there's no need to: those dudes win no ill-deserved gain from it/ so the critics see no need to police them from gaining from it.
The elder Noam Chomsky could fry a bacon with his voice. Annoying.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Jesper wrote: In fairness to all the people who do not want to read your post I have deleted what you said and replaced it with this text. I am not claiming you wrote this.
You should go back and read everything. You will know everything then.

piero

Post by piero »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Jesper wrote:You lot have no clue about what just slapped you.

Word for word you reveal yourself and you're true nature. And it ain't pretty.

Best regards, Neo.
Who is this cunt and why is he here?
I think he's a freelance cunt. No credentials.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Jesper's only living competitor in the Ignore Stakes is now posting at Michael Nugent's, or at least, claims to be.

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/01/25 ... -pz-myers/
Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 6.24.57 PM.png
(127.98 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Jesper

Post by Jesper »

More like a lone wolf.

Among a herd of sheep.....gobble gobble. :twisted: :twisted:

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

comhcinc wrote:
Jesper wrote: In fairness to all the people who do not want to read your post I have deleted what you said and replaced it with this text. I am not claiming you wrote this.
It would be a terrible thing if he were to create some sort of list or board where he documented each and every thing said by pit members in some kind of chronological order with all avatars and shit.
Very time-consuming but it sure would show us assholes!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Jesper wrote:More like a lone wolf.

Among a herd of sheep.....gobble gobble. :twisted: :twisted:
That would be a turkey. :roll:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimthepleb wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
It would be a terrible thing if he were to create some sort of list or board where he documented each and every thing said by pit members in some kind of chronological order with all avatars and shit.
That certain would show us. But at least he is from Denmark and those people can't do shit.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

screwtape wrote:Jesper's only living competitor in the Ignore Stakes is now posting at Michael Nugent's, or at least, claims to be.

These silly assholes and their 1337 tr011ing skills.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/What_28845c_421828.png

:lol:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

screwtape wrote:Jesper's only living competitor in the Ignore Stakes is now posting at Michael Nugent's, or at least, claims to be.

These silly assholes and their 1337 tr011ing skills.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/What_28845c_421828.png

:lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Southern wrote:I wonder why are you people so interested in franc's life story. Is he a Russian who's dying of cancer/AIDS, or is he a liar who just assume another person's identity for diversion purposes? Was he behind 9/11, or just behind the ISIS uprising?
Leave my grandma alone.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Jesper wrote:You lot have no clue about what just slapped you.

Word for word you reveal yourself and you're true nature. And it ain't pretty.

Best regards, Neo.
Who is this cunt and why is he here?
just put him on ignore like the rest of us. it will go away eventually.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tribble wrote:ERV is lurking.
You mean Dr. Smith, the Evil Scientist?

http://maxcdn.thedesigninspiration.com/ ... -Reg-l.jpg

She's probably collecting data for some nefarious experiment involving puppies and kitties, I am sure.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:Hey aratina
Everyone at the pit mocks comhinc mercilessly
By your logic, he would be justified in doxxing every one of us and getting us fired from our jobs...
Wait.....you do? :cry:
Hey, um, comhcinc... I have never joked about your moobs... please don't eat my first born. I totes know you would feel completely justified in razzing back, but would just rather you joke back...

Southern

Post by Southern »

Søren Lilholt wrote: Who is this cunt and why is he here?
He's 2015's answer to the absence of Cunt on this forum.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

deLurch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:Hey aratina
Everyone at the pit mocks comhinc mercilessly
By your logic, he would be justified in doxxing every one of us and getting us fired from our jobs...
Wait.....you do? :cry:
Hey, um, comhcinc... I have never joked about your moobs... please don't eat my first born. I totes know you would feel completely justified in razzing back, but would just rather you joke back...

But you lusted after them in your heart.

Misogynist.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Moobs promised, none delivered. Instead, we are treated to the stream-of-consciousness details of some sort of mental breakdown of a baked danish, complete with weed and antisemitism. Not a good trade, IMHO.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Southern wrote:
Again, a bad trade. Cunt sobering up enough to post was lulzy goodness.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:
comhcinc wrote: You should go back and read everything. You will know everything then.
That certain would show us. But at least he is from Denmark and those people can't do shit.
Hey, hey! Legos! Dude, think of the Legos.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Jesper wrote:Humour is often a defence mechanism when frightened.
What's your real name?
lol, are you a creeper? go fuck yourself.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

comhcinc wrote:Haha you are totally inferring your fucked his mom!
No more chair shots to the head for you.

Jesper

Post by Jesper »

Idiots. Idiots everywhere.

Enjoy PZ, dear doucenozzles.

I'm simply out of your league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IIbbFIQTKI

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Hey, hey! Legos! Dude, think of the Legos.
Dude, stolen.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
feathers wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:I have posed the same question on twitter. If one uses a nym on one site, a 2nd nym on another site, a 3rd on twitter and a 4th on youtube, is connecting the dots to someone disingenuously using multiple online nyms to create a web of deceit , none of which lead to a irl name, doxxing?
What's disingenious about using different names on different sites? People do it for the same reason as using a pseudonym, namely to make it more difficult to track them. If you call that 'creating a web of deceit', well yes, as any member of the resistance would do.
I have two online IDs, my original one for discussing discussing pop culture, TV, books, films, etc. and a this later one, Shatterface, for politics, religion, skepticism, etc.

I started off with one ID but that one got banned from the Guardian Comment is Free section which is why I came up with Shatterface.

Ironically my original ID was banned from CIF for calling Labour MP Dennis McShane 'Dennis McShame'; McShane was later jailed for fraud. I wasn't, so I win.

Shatterface
I was talking specifically talking the one poster we were discussing - Gerardo / Unhiddeness / .... NecV20 . No surprise he popped up today at Michael Nugent's.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Jesper wrote:.
If that is true why is it I can embed youtube videos and you can't?

[youtube]MGQaH3-LK54[/youtube]

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Welcome, Aratina. Here’s the traditional basket of lynx:

http://i.imgur.com/4FiZYYa.jpg?1

Nice to see someone who can (maybe) leave past grudges behind (I don’t have any, for the record).
aratina wrote:I know you apologized already for one thing as well; so, not trying to be harsh on you, but maybe there was a little justification in some of that? I don't know. I don't really know any of you, but I do think atheism in English-speaking areas is currently extremely dysfunctional, and that whole episode didn't reflect well on us. On the one hand, why did you tease them so and persist at it so long. On the other, why didn't they simply ignore you and move on? :( [...]
I guess others tackled most of it already, yet let's look at the facts.
  1. Skep Tickle posted under that name.
  2. While a medic in real life, she neither had special information about the case, nor any professional relationship with PZ Myers.
  3. Her comment was at least speculative. No facts were established. It was either a joke or an interpretation of information provided in the public.
  4. She made a comment in this very forum.
  5. Posts made by anonymous people normally don’t have much weigth. There is no authority attached to it and none comes by knowing she is an MD in real life.
  6. Posts in this forum get buried by new comments quickly. A single post has not much signficance.
  7. There was no indication that her comment hived off in any way. I had the impression that when PZ Myers posted his doxx, it came out of the left field.
Her original dox came about because she commented on Ophelia Benson’s blog who was annoyed by it. In context of the stuff I’ve read over time, I wonder what makes Skep’s comment so special. It was in no way more “nasty” than what this movement routinely coughs up. Now she was doxxed and somehow it’s rationalized. With roles reversed, ten people would have written angry blog posts pointing out how somehow a rare woman was subject to this treatment. That this was obviously misogyny. But you know that only goes in one direction.

Ms Benson, and Ms Zvan who did the original doxxing at the time have not declared a ban and did not write that Skep Tickle should not try to comment anymore on their respective sites (not that I am aware of). If pronouncing such things on an individual basis is such a hassle, a simple line would have done it. Maybe stating that people with a forum account here aren’t welcome at all. Then you can be professional and when an instance arises, you can calmly replace the post while in moderation queue (not even paying attention to the text) with a message that reads: “Skep Tickle is registered on the slymepit, and Rule 23 states that such people aren’t welcome here, OB” and then put that live. Clean, professional and good. If such rules aren’t respected, you can still go with the hard and fast ban/blocking.

Instead, we live in a weird artificial fairytale universe where “opponents” know, yet can’t avoid each other. With all the tools available, it looks like people aren’t really trying very hard. In general that wouldn't be a problem, if people would at least be honest about it. The movement has long adopted Ken Ham and Ray Comfort as go-to mascots of Creationism to make fun of. Perhaps most blog posts are based on quoting material from elsewhere, often from recurring characters (from Bill Donahue to Richard Dawkins) and then comment on it, typically disapprovingly (here is where some skeptical vestiges come through).

What’s clear is that some people don’t like it when they are quoted “back”. PZ Myers is such a person who hates his own words showing up somewhere, perhaps in an equivalent of gumby quotes and then commented upon. The same is true for Ophelia Benson and others. Then, they invent rationalisations why other people somehow can’t do that. Maybe they’re obsessive? Maybe they should rather spent with “Witch of the Week” and leave PZ Myers et al alone? But nobody really buys it, but their most hardcore followers.

Anyway, it’s clear to me that PZ Myers doxx retaliation had more to do with that, than with anything else. Otherwise there are anti-fans on both sides. But when that’s the case, why not being honest about it. That goes to PZ Myers, Ophelia Benson and Stephanie Zvan et al.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Oh, fuck! Somebody at Nugent's just told Nec that he's not banned here. He was under the impression that he wasn't able to post at the 'Pit. Now we've got the original retard back to join the Danish one. Thank fuck for the ignore button.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Apparently men do vocal fry as well, only they aren't blamed for it, unlike women.
I think critics of 'vocal fry' aren't-just complaining about the sound-- they're complaining about what the sound is used-for. ....

Namely: it's being used to affect sounding like an airhead.

It's a social gambit. A ploy. The dudes who don't get criticized for it... don't-get-criticized because there's no need to: those dudes win no ill-deserved gain from it/ so the critics see no need to police them from gaining from it.
The elder Noam Chomsky could fry a bacon with his voice. Annoying.
Learn something new everyday:
[youtube]UsE5mysfZsY[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Southern wrote:
Again, a bad trade. Cunt sobering up enough to post was lulzy goodness.
This forum never changes, and I was never sober enough to post.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Nec_V20 and Jesper, together?

It's good to be alive in days like these!

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

So vocal fry is like Gina in Brooklyn Nine Nine?

http://images.complex.com/complex/image ... cxocao.jpg

Shatterface

Shatterface as Guest

[youtube]B8et51ehcTk[/youtube]

Shatterface

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

If that is really Nec at Nugent's he hasn't changed. Unfortunately what him and Vesper fail to recognise is they are about as edgy as a loaf of bread.

It's an achievement to come to the 'pit and manage to bore so many people.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

bhoytony wrote:Oh, fuck! Somebody at Nugent's just told Nec that he's not banned here. He was under the impression that he wasn't able to post at the 'Pit. Now we've got the original retard back to join the Danish one. Thank fuck for the ignore button.
It doesn't matter. He was told that he had to apologize or the ban would be permanent. He never did that. The Tit will just ban him when he shows back up and doesn't apologize.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:Welcome, Aratina. Here’s the traditional basket of lynx:

http://i.imgur.com/4FiZYYa.jpg?1

I guess others tackled most of it already, yet let's look at the facts.
  1. Skep Tickle posted under that name.
  2. There was no indication that her comment hived off in any way. I had the impression that when PZ Myers posted his doxx, it came out of the left field.
My impression & recollection is that Matt Cavanaugh did a post that "hat-tipped" Skep-tickle for the STD reference:
That’s not to say that Myers ever acts on these fantasies. It is interesting to note that, following a recent road trip for a conference, he was hospitalized for what just might have been gonorrhea. (h/t Skep tickle.)
Which I think caused Myers to see red - with maybe some justification as even NoelPlum thought Matt's arguments were somewhat specious - and to take it out on the closest & most vulnerable target - i.e., Skep tickle; Myers - always classy.
Aneris wrote:Her original dox came about because she commented on Ophelia Benson’s blog who was annoyed by it. .... Ms Benson, and Ms Zvan who did the original doxxing at the time ....
As I've indicated here [on the Pit and elsewhere], while Benson & Zvan were maybe guilty of "drip-doxing" - providing a few details without providing entire IRL name - it was, I think, "BlackCat" on a subsequent Pharyngula post who has the "honour" of connecting the dots.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Don't you understand. You'll end up with retards in the pit if you aren't careful!

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Aratina cage

[youtube]M3U83QLoATU[\youtube]

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

comhcinc wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Oh, fuck! Somebody at Nugent's just told Nec that he's not banned here. He was under the impression that he wasn't able to post at the 'Pit. Now we've got the original retard back to join the Danish one. Thank fuck for the ignore button.
It doesn't matter. He was told that he had to apologize or the ban would be permanent. He never did that. The Tit will just ban him when he shows back up and doesn't apologize.
whät? apolig..apo... saying sorry here on the pit? how did that happen?!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Oh, dear. Nec just threatened to murder me on Nugent's blog.
Will I become his second victim?
See the next exciting episode.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Southern

Post by Southern »

bhoytony wrote:Oh, dear. Nec just threatened to murder me on Nugent's blog.
He's a charmer, isn't he?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

cunt wrote:Don't you understand. You'll end up with retards in the pit if you aren't careful!
How ya doing, ya ole cunt? (so to speak) Long time no see.

But that comment of yours was apropos of what?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Southern wrote:
He's a charmer, isn't he?
And what a poet. He's nearly up to Yemmi's awesome standard.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Steersman wrote:
cunt wrote:Don't you understand. You'll end up with retards in the pit if you aren't careful!

Not bad steers. I had to post that on account of me being drunk as shit.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Real tough guy:
Nager wrote:If someone accused me of being a rapist then that is the last face they would ever see – with regard to looking at death in the face I have been there and done it and I am still here.
Though it seems quite plausible that he did, technically at least and with maybe some justification, murder his mother. Although one might argue that that is somewhat of a hyperbolic construction as "euthanasia" might be more accurate. But kind of brave to admit that.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

I think it would be worth a ban to out Jespers.

What do you think, Jespers?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Steersman wrote:
Real tough guy:
Nager wrote:If someone accused me of being a rapist then that is the last face they would ever see – with regard to looking at death in the face I have been there and done it and I am still here.
Though it seems quite plausible that he did, technically at least and with maybe some justification, murder his mother. Although one might argue that that is somewhat of a hyperbolic construction as "euthanasia" might be more accurate. But kind of brave to admit that.
Not brave to admit it anonymously. He is just using it to set up his tough guy on the internet credentials.

Shatterface as Guest

Steersman wrote:
Real tough guy:
I googled his poem and it appears on two ex-Scientologist sites. Did Nec ever mention being a Scientologist when he posted here?

http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/art ... _elron.jpg

Shatterface

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

cunt wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Not bad steers. I had to post that on account of me being drunk as shit.
I periodically find there's some justification for a bit of "self-medication" - although I tend to genuflect in the direction of "moderation in all things (including moderation)" .... :-)

And I tend to sympathize with Housman's "malt can do more than Milton can to justify the ways of God to man", although I was never particularly impressed with his reasons why that might the case - or so I recollect ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote: ....

Not brave to admit it anonymously. He is just using it to set up his tough guy on the internet credentials.
Maybe. Though even anonymously seems "problematic" as the arm of the Law tends to be rather long and if there's sufficient justification ....

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
I googled his poem and it appears on two ex-Scientologist sites. Did Nec ever mention being a Scientologist when he posted here?

Shatterface
It was probably when he had a few moments between nearly killing several bullies as an eight year old (the monster inside, he just couldn't control it) or later in life when he wasn't busy as a bouncer in Glasgow.
Don't mess with him, he just told me he has a gun.
I wonder if he's ever considered studying medicine and moving to India?

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Cunt, Jewsper and Nec? It's the Trolly Trinity!
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/fac ... 57/199.jpg

RIP Slymepit, I look forward to the next 20 pages of failtrolling. At least Cunt has class.

cunt

Post by cunt »

uote="Steersman"]
I periodically find there's some justification for a bit of "self-medication" - although I tend to genuflect in the direction of "moderation in all things (including moderation)" .... :-)

And I tend to sympathize with Housman's "malt can do more than Milton can to justify the ways of God to man", although I was never particularly impressed with his reasons why that might the case - or so I recollect ....[/quote]

Haha! You haven't changed.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Is it just me or did Nec's posts about his mother just disappear over at Nugent's? Not to mention his awesome poem inspired by her.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Shatterface wrote:
I don't remember him mentioning anything about being a $cilon. It probably would have been remarked about if he had mentioned it.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Looks like Michael removed Nec's threat to kill me too. That was because I posted my own poem inspired by his mother.
Luckily I managed to get a copy of that.

http://i.imgur.com/EWiT2cI.png

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

bhoytony wrote:Is it just me or did Nec's posts about his mother just disappear over at Nugent's? Not to mention his awesome poem inspired by her.
Sad, it's gone before I could read it. Michael Nugent takes moderating his blog seriously, even at 1am.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

piero wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Tribble wrote:Since when is a bear a moral agent? They're not.
I don't want to derail the riveting take-down of Aratina, but why do you say that bears are not moral agents?
At the risk--nay, the certainty--of derailing an otherwise excellent thread, and in view of Steersman's conspicuous absence, I'll take the challenge.
Someone taking my name in vain/vein? Or just a needle? (so to speak) ;-)

In any case:
piero wrote:Moral agency is a myth. There are no moral agents, because in order to be one, an agent has to have contra-causal free will, i.e. the possibility of having acted differently in a given set of circumstances. …. Therefore, moral agents cannot exist because everything that happens in the universe is the result of a cause-effect chain, and minds are objects subject to the same laws of physics as a hammer or an iphone.
Nice “articles of faith” you have there, but you seem to be sharing them with illustrious company including Jerry Coyne. Although I was sort of pleased to note that he recently kind of conceded that the problem was, in part at least, a question of semantics, of definitions. But still seems kind of pig-headed to insist on that “philosophy” in light of that possibility. And in light of the (apparent) fact that quantum physics seems to stipulate that many events do not have prior causes – which, one might argue, suggests that we are, to some degree at least, our own “first causes” – so to speak.