Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

[youtube]qgYELQHX6nE[/youtube]

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Yeah that asshole is going to have fun in prison. It's good to finally have a clear cut example of this sort of abuse. Let's hear the cop defenders come to the defense of this cunt.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

NoGodsEver wrote:Yeah that asshole is going to have fun in prison. It's good to finally have a clear cut example of this sort of abuse. Let's hear the cop defenders come to the defense of this cunt.

No ideas, too triggered by your avatar.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:Yeah that asshole is going to have fun in prison. It's good to finally have a clear cut example of this sort of abuse. Let's hear the cop defenders come to the defense of this cunt.

I can bring back Gary Oldman, but I fear for Franc's chairs.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Fair play, I saw the link to this on Meyers's blog.

Absolute insanity: it is quite clearly a cop shooting (and killing) a man who has been tasered and is now running away from him, and seems desperate only to keep getting further away. Someone was taking cellphone footage disreetly.

Unbelievably, the cop claims the other guy took his tazer, which - after the shooting - he clearly walks back to pick up from where it was (which is where the cop had been firing from) and toss it next to the body. The officer has been charged with murder, and on the basis of this video I can see no way it wasn't exactly that.

Infuckingsane.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/so ... death.html
I see two black objects when the video picks up. One on the ground near them, and one black object that flys back (presumably the taser).

I might guess the taser was knocked from the officers hands. Or the officer might have thrown it back. If there was a scuffle for the taser, I can understand why the officer might draw his gun. But that does not excuse the fully unloading of the clip as the suspect runs far away. Yeah, maybe heat of the moment. But given that the prosecutor is pressing charges, it does not sound like the prosecutor is allowing for that excuse. I await the full trial and full access to information and evidence. But as it stands now, it does not look good for that officer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:VT players accused of disrespect at sexual assault support event
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... nl_siextra
Article wrote:Players were required to attend a Take Back the Night event on March 26. The event was organized by a campus female activism group and featured sexual assault survivors speaking about their experiences as victims. Multiple attendees accused the players of infringing upon the "safe space" the event is intended to foster, according to The Roanoke Times.
Article wrote:Several attendees wrote letters to the student newspaper, the Collegiate Times, complaining about the players' behavior. The players arrived late, said they did not know why they were attending the event and spent much of the time looking at their phones, the letters said.
The rugby players' frat at my college got in trouble for hosting a "Back to the Womb" party, where they decorated the long, narrow stairs to their barroom as a birth canal, served bloody mary's, and held a baby-punting (dolls) contest on the roof, which they were quite good at, being the rugby frat. As punishment, they were banned from serving alcohol for a month - a campus tragedy, as their parties really were the best -- and for the rest of the semester were required to attend a weekly faculty tea on women's issues. Apparently, they participated with arch seriousness, but also hit on the women participants, at least a few of whom were open lesbians.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

NoGodsEver wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

I can bring back Gary Oldman, but I fear for Franc's chairs.
No! Don't!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

You will probably never hear me say this again: "I can't wait to read the comments on TheBlaze.com about this story".

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

No college. I'm proud of it.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

AndrewV69 wrote:
deLurch wrote:VT players accused of disrespect at sexual assault support event
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... nl_siextra
... chop chop

Personally, I find all of this shocking, shock horror .. actually I am LMAO so hard I am having difficulty breathing.

And that was before I started to read the comments ... my sides ... are now in orbit.
To be fair, it sounds like the other attendees didn't know that the players were forced to attend by their coach. So from the point of view of those who were there because they wanted to be there, the football players waltzed in late only to be brazenly disrespectful and obnoxious the whole time. Yes, the coach's policy warrants some major facepalming, but it does seem that the players were acting like immature shits.

On the other hand, the coach's decision to require his players' attendance was probably a reaction to the rising tide of SJW culture on campus. I bet he felt like he was taking a proactive measure to appease the very people who ended up complaining about the team's behavior!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
You will probably never hear me say this again: "I can't wait to read the comments on TheBlaze.com about this story".
Okay, not to get too FfTB about this, but it took 5 seconds to find:
The story I heard was the black guy tried to get the cop’s tazer, there was a scuffle and then the black guy ran and refused to stop when ordered. It sounds like if that was true then it was justified
The video looks bad for the cop. I want the black guys rap sheet.
although incidents like these are isolated, this will be the only “proof,” that the “black lives matter” movement needs. they will use this to further a false narrative. it’ll be a see, I told you so argument.
A "false narrative" which may well have proof on camera. I tell you, TheBlaze and FfTB together should be somehow codified as the outer limits of political beliefs, the breaking of which limits is grounds for sanctioning to a secure mental facility.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

In light of Atheist Ireland's recent announcement, I feel the overpowering urge to just jazz hands all over this place.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

KiwiInOz wrote:Go Nightwish. h/t Friendly Atheist.

[youtube]ZJuWLkTwtFs[/youtube]
'Greatest Show on Earth' is epic. I listened to the album while I was grinding away at sequences at work. Burst into tears during that track. People probably thought I had a mental breakdown.

:hankey:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Boilerplate response but we'll see:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

ERV wrote: 'Greatest Show on Earth' is epic. I listened to the album while I was grinding away at sequences at work. Burst into tears during that track. People probably thought I had a mental breakdown.
Pffttttt!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
ERV wrote: 'Greatest Show on Earth' is epic. I listened to the album while I was grinding away at sequences at work. Burst into tears during that track. People probably thought I had a mental breakdown.
Pffttttt!
Hey, when I'm a famous scientist I will totally narrate stuff on a Fairyland song! :D

dogen

Post by dogen »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
CaughtUpLockedOut wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I tried to as the Queen, but all I got was Innuendo...

I still got it, Phil.
Excellent choice of hero, BTW. I was raised on a diet of Queen, Dad was a superfan. Innuendo is one of my favourite albums.

There will never be another like Freddie. Showmen are ten a penny but that man was a genuine star.
Raised on Queen and Mike Oldfield (dad/mom). I think I'm quite well set.
Interesting -- so was I! For most of planet earth, Oldfield starts and stops at Tubular Bells. But I still love cranking up QE2 or Platinum and nostalging the fuck out.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Now that's how to clap like a boss!

:rimshot:

dogen

Post by dogen »

Now that's how to clap like a boss!

:rimshot:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

jimthepleb wrote:Hey Strawkins is that strong enough fer yer?
It's like Christmas and Birthdays with Unicorns and Rainbows and Kittens and Cake!!
It's certainly more like it!

Nugent funded what is it now, three flights to Ireland for Myers?
He was warned about Myers behaviour before the last one - the International Women in Secularism conference - and ignored those warnings at the time. The very things he was warned about now appear in the reasons why Atheist Ireland dissociates itself from Myers.

I'm glad he included an apology for promoting Myers over the years. I've said it on several occasions here that prominent atheist and secular leaders deserve some share of the blame for the current train wreck-like state of the secular movement. Promoting Myers as Nugent did, or the Skepchicks as DJ Grothe did, or even Malady Hensley as Ron Lindsay did, has contributed to the elevation of malicious fuckwits to positions of power in the movement along with the inevitable consequences that are bound to ensue from such disastrous decisions.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:"ask"

Fuck!
Aw Phil. I thought you were finally coming out. On peut esperer.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
It's like Christmas and Birthdays with Unicorns and Rainbows and Kittens and Cake!!

He was warned about Myers behaviour before the last one - the International Women in Secularism conference - and ignored those warnings at the time. The very things he was warned about now appear in the reasons why Atheist Ireland dissociates itself from Myers.

I'm glad he included an apology for promoting Myers over the years. I've said it on several occasions here that prominent atheist and secular leaders deserve some share of the blame for the current train wreck-like state of the secular movement. Promoting Myers as Nugent did, or the Skepchicks as DJ Grothe did, or even Malady Hensley as Ron Lindsay did, has contributed to the elevation of malicious fuckwits to positions of power in the movement along with the inevitable consequences that are bound to ensue from such disastrous decisions.
Sorry not to be dead yet.

No there is no "secularist movement".

Just because they shout a lot and get heard a lot does not make anyone a leader.

Especially not when those "leaders" espouse the "philosophy" of "yer fir us or agin us".

I have been an atheist longer than nearly everyone here, and when I have heard atheists speak when I first saw that I was not alone on the Internet, I found them saying what I had said since I was about seven years old and had a gag order placed upon me when the "Sunday School" asked my parents to stop me from attending.

OK, I have forgotten more than anyone here will ever know about computers.

That just makes me a superior techie, not atheist.

I am just fucking good at what I do, what makes anyone "fucking good" at not believing in an imaginary friend?

Which qualifications does one have to have to be less imaginary of that imaginary friend than others who do not imagine that imaginary friend?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Nec_V20 wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

No there is no "secularist movement".

Just because they shout a lot and get heard a lot does not make anyone a leader.

Especially not when those "leaders" espouse the "philosophy" of "yer fir us or agin us".

I have been an atheist longer than nearly everyone here, and when I have heard atheists speak when I first saw that I was not alone on the Internet, I found them saying what I had said since I was about seven years old and had a gag order placed upon me when the "Sunday School" asked my parents to stop me from attending.

That just makes me a superior techie, not atheist.

I am just fucking good at what I do, what makes anyone "fucking good" at not believing in an imaginary friend?

Which qualifications does one have to have to be less imaginary of that imaginary friend than others who do not imagine that imaginary friend?
Just so all the haters know: Nec is back. :clap:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Just so all the haters know: Nec is back. :clap:
Nec who? :shifty:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Stupid trolls never die. He also sucks so hard at computors. Who would still brag after that last pathetic showing? Some people just have no shame. Just a BB gun and an attitude.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Nec_V20 wrote:
Apology accepted. Can you let us know when you are?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Nec wrote:
Sorry to here that your brain is like a sieve and you can't retain useful facts about computers.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Nec_V20 wrote: Sorry not to be dead yet.
"These scars on my wrists may seem like a crime, just wish me better luck... next time! So what if I die a thousand deaths; you think I'm insane, but I have no regrets. One more time won't matter no question. Suicide... IS SELF EXPRESSION!"

[youtube]dpO7tlYz0tM[/youtube]

:music-headbanger: :music-headbanger: :music-headbanger:

Thanks NEC, you've reminded me of one of my favorite songs ever.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:It was kinda sad seeing OB have to stalk forth to PZs and scrabble for space with the horde.

She threw her own Dear Muslima party. But only 5 guests poked their heads in to comment.
Maybe. Though I kind of have to give her some credit for being one of the few FTBloggers willing to tackle some odious aspects of Islam as in her recent The ghairat brigade. Which references and quotes from a Washington Post article Meet the honor brigade, an organized campaign to silence debate on Islam.
There is a concern in certain circles (both Sunni and Shia) about the inculcation and spread of American Islam. I have a vague memory of having brought this up before.

Anyway, I see the Ghairat brigade as pushback and an attempt to clamp down on this emerging style of Islam.

The proponents of a more traditional Islam are up and in opposition to figures like Suhaib Webb and have recently been successful in lowering his profile but last I heard he is still popular among young people the way the more traditional set will never be.

Personally I believe that ultimately this is one fight the traditionalist are not going win because this is a bottom up push by the younger generation raised in an environment where they are constantly exposed to secular culture in the USA.

Anyway, it is early days but given the consternation it has caused already I suspect that it may actually take root and form a new branch ... mainly based on Sunni orthodoxy but with a distinct orthopraxy found no where else.
Probably would be a good thing if more could back away from a fundamentalist/literalist interpretation; I see in the Pew Forum that some 50% of American Muslims think the Quran is "the literal word of God", while most other religions are way down in the 10 to 30% range. Although that is, of course in the US, and I expect that the number is much higher for Muslims at least throughout the world.

But I think that repudiating that literalism must be rather difficult if not impossible. Although I note that there seems to be a rather large number of Christian and Jewish congregations who subscribe to The Clergy Letter Project which apparently allows them to retain some of their relgious dogma. Seems rather difficult but maybe it's like a half-way-house & methadone for recovering addicts.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Stupid trolls never die.
They just fade into 404.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

PZ's idiot brigade seem to think that the statement by AI was written solely by Nugent.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Nec_V20 wrote:
Apology accepted. Can you let us know when you are?

Ouch. Cold. :clap:

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

I just want to give a big hearty round of :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: applause :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to Atheist Ireland for doing what should have been done two or three years ago and which all too few important orgs and individuals should have already done.

Again, Mr. Nugent: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, Slymepitters for getting the Peezus head: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good job, assholes :)

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
In a flash of white, I am reminded to ask: Where is Clarence?
My lawyers advise me not to answer your question unless you have a warrant and my legal team can be present.
Also, I should mention she said she was 18.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

deLurch wrote:Twitter drama feed for the lazy:

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q ... s&src=typd
I note in the above many posts from @FTBExecCommittee thanking various people and organizations for their support of PZ Myers against Atheist Ireland. But when I go to the twitter feeds for these people and organizations, I see nothing about PZ Myers. What's up with that? And someone should keep copies of all those tweets from @FTBExecCommittee so they don't get memory holed.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote:Twitter drama feed for the lazy:

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q ... s&src=typd
I note in the above many posts from @FTBExecCommittee thanking various people and organizations for their support of PZ Myers against Atheist Ireland. But when I go to the twitter feeds for these people and organizations, I see nothing about PZ Myers. What's up with that? And someone should keep copies of all those tweets from @FTBExecCommittee so they don't get memory holed.
Our man in Havana, Damion, is on the job - more or less:
[Doesn't seem to display correctly, but link:

Billie from Ockham

Sunder wrote:As I said, make sure Hemant knows about this. It would be difficult to justify ignoring a public announcement by a prominent atheist organization.
Hemant Mehta is one of the people thanked by @FTBExecCommittee for his support.

Billie from Ockham

Really? wrote:I was going to e-mail Hemant, but it looks like someone beat me to it.
Ninja'd (as usual).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Steersman wrote:Our man in Havana, Damion, is on the job - more or less:
[Doesn't seem to display correctly, but link:
Something is wrong with his profile pic. Shouldn't the coffee mug say something like 'female tears'?

Billie from Ockham

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Just so all the haters know: Nec is back. :clap:
I swing by the ASPCA tomorrow to resupply on kittens.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:I was going to e-mail Hemant, but it looks like someone beat me to it.
Ninja'd (as usual).
Has anyone else read the Twatter timeline? This looks like a spoof/troll.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

FTBExecCommittee is a trolling account mocking the existence of the executive committee after Avicenna's expulsion.

Billie from Ockham

Man, I really suck at the internet.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Man, I really suck at the internet.
I fell for it too, tweeted Mehta that I was disappointed he supported PZ and he tweeted back "what are you talking about?"

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sunder wrote:FTBExecCommittee is a trolling account mocking the existence of the executive committee after Avicenna's expulsion.
Ahhhhh. I looked at the TL but I could not be sure, even with tweets like these:

Then I saw this one and I was around 60% convinced that it might be a parody account.
Look guys ... I am sorry but the lunatics at FTB have conditioned me to the point that tweets like the above are pretty normal coming from them.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Just wanted to stop by and say HA HA FUCKING HA HA HA HA! EAT A BOWL OF DICKS PZ! YEE HAW
.....and hail satan.
Carry on....

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

This is not related to anything, but a friend showed me this as they removed the poster as a friend after this post.
I do not know the poster, but she made this post public, so here it is.
I notice all the douchebags are dudes, no chicks.
Her other public posts paint her as someone who feels better about her crappy life by crapping on other people.
http://i.imgur.com/4KL8yzk.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/angie.jackson. ... nref=story

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Clarence wrote: My lawyers advise me not to answer your question unless you have a warrant and my legal team can be present.
And therein lies an unbridgeable chasm between The Slymepit and the forces of Baboonery.

Pretty much everyone on here has a sense of humor about themselves. Clarence has embraced his role as The Pit's creepy uncle. Scented Nectar is cool being our resident size queen. The cheese-eating surrender monkey. Even that asshole whose name no-one can ever remember.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

It seems like only a week or two ago I was crowing about how the year had only began, yet it had been one SJW faceplant after another. And now this, which may only be beginning to play itself out.

One would hope that, in addition to the AI censure, a few prominent names would feel compelled to comment on Pizzle's scummy attack on Ayaan. Hell, even Dawkins kicked him when he shot his dumb mouth off about Robin Williams. Ayaan is an international figure who's story & actions are a reproach to 1st world slactivists by her mere example. Contrasting the two should be guilt-free fun for all.

CaptainFluffyBunny

HoneyWagon wrote:This is not related to anything, but a friend showed me this as they removed the poster as a friend after this post.
Her other public posts paint her as someone who feels better about her crappy life by crapping on other people.
http://i.imgur.com/4KL8yzk.jpg
To be fair, several of them seem to present as chicks. If one were interested, that thread is a doxxer's delight. It might be best to dissapear it before a certain ubiquitous cunt starts crowing. D4m10n, to those initiated with the extremes of cuntiness.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

When is a previously consenting spouse suffering from dementia no longer able to say yes to sex?

I don't know what the answer to the question is.

This is an incredibly sad story. Surely arrest for sexual abuse is way over the top. This could have been handled with far more empathy and compassion than it currently has been.

Where is an SJW to tell me what is right when I need one?

I think that I'll be signing a pre-alzheimers sexual consent form along with my do not resuscitate form. Maybe I'll just have "Hell yes" tattooed on my chest.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:This is not related to anything, but a friend showed me this as they removed the poster as a friend after this post.

To be fair, several of them seem to present as chicks. If one were interested, that thread is a doxxer's delight. It might be best to dissapear it before a certain ubiquitous cunt starts crowing. D4m10n, to those initiated with the extremes of cuntiness.
I would agree were it a post between friends, but it was public.

CaptainFluffyBunny

HoneyWagon wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

I would agree were it a post between friends, but it was public.
Sure, but we all know how low certain cunts will sink to crow. I'd call him a dick if he had one to stick. It's D4m10n, and it's a shame-ieeee....never mind, earlier rap threads warped me brain. Carry on.

CaptainFluffyBunny

KiwiInOz wrote:When is a previously consenting spouse suffering from dementia no longer able to say yes to sex?

I don't know what the answer to the question is.

This is an incredibly sad story. Surely arrest for sexual abuse is way over the top. This could have been handled with far more empathy and compassion than it currently has been.

Where is an SJW to tell me what is right when I need one?

I think that I'll be signing a pre-alzheimers sexual consent form along with my do not resuscitate form. Maybe I'll just have "Hell yes" tattooed on my chest.
Sad. But he was informed she couldn't consent, he did it anyway. Morality of the act is unclear, but legal liability sure isn't. Still, a truly sad situation.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Gefan wrote:
Clarence wrote: My lawyers advise me not to answer your question unless you have a warrant and my legal team can be present.
And therein lies an unbridgeable chasm between The Slymepit and the forces of Baboonery.

Pretty much everyone on here has a sense of humor about themselves. Clarence has embraced his role as The Pit's creepy uncle. Scented Nectar is cool being our resident size queen. The cheese-eating surrender monkey. Even that asshole whose name no-one can ever remember.
His name is Giblet and he made the PZ Myers Josef Stalin videos! God, why can nobody remember this?!?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

It will be interesting to see what - if anything - happens next. Many of Myers' supporters have been publicly accusing Nugent of having some sort of vendetta against him for some time. I imagine it would be fairly easy for Myers to adopt this interpretation of events and to dismiss Nugent as some sort of high-profile troll. And yet, Myers has surprised some of us before. I suspect he's capable of behaving decently when he wants to do so.
I guess this person is unaware that Myers has already publicly dismissed the entirety of Atheist Ireland as Slymepitters?

Yeah, it's too late for decency. He can't walk that back even if he tried, which he won't.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Someone dropped the news over at Jerry's:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1172122

He responds to a comment not far below this one so he probably saw it.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »